What went wrong Holla Forums?

What went wrong Holla Forums?

Fucking brown werewolves that blendinto the background completely

It's quite good it you don't think of it as a Castlevania game.

Because Kojima said Lords of Shadow should be made instead of IGA's next 3D game.

They wanted the god of war audience

Was Lords of Shadow 2 any good?

it was a perfect 5/10 game

wasn't LOS originally a completely separate game and Kojima told them to make it a Castlevania game?

It wasn't a castlevania game

Just God of War with a castlevania texture mod

It was first a Castlevania game, Konami said to make it something original, then Kojima saw it and asked why the very Castlevania-looking game wasn't a Castlevania game.

Castlavania: Lament of Innocence and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow were pretty great, this shit was nothing like them.

If they wanted to copy something, should've gone with Souls instead of God of War.

No Joachim Armster.

LoS 1 is a fine God of War Clone that was completely ruined by a rushed DLC that fuck up the most important part of the story.

MoF tries to be a SotN like game but it's also just a GoW clone but in a 2d perspective

LoS 2 is a mess, it tries to be more open but it's boring and repetitive

not one of them is truly a Castlevania game, the gameplay is repetitive, the story tries so hard to be Epic but fall flat, the VA work is laughable bad, the Soundtrack is generic and it's just boring to play.

Not it wasn't.
It really really wasn't.

I hread the Alucard DLC is a lot more fun than the main campaign, is it true?

It is, but its over priced for what you get, and its very short.

really? I thought the voice work was one of the few charming parts of the games. Of course, the script is a different story, but I thought all the voice actors did a great job, especially Patrick Stewart as Zobek.

The guy that played Gabriel I thought did a good job with what he had in Lords of Shadow 2

Again, though, the story itself is total fucking ass and the move to make Gabriel Dracula in the first place was just plain dumb, a cheap attempt to force Gabriel to continue being a "tragic character"

This. Even though the concept said "yes" and the art was elder-god tier everything else just screamed "NO". Though even the worst of them had some good ideas implemented. I recycled some of them for my fangame

I even liked the PS2 3dvanias, but this one just felt… not good. The team who made these games is the one who made Severance: Blade of Darkness, which is really odd. I remember the first mission with the knight thinking "this could be a good Castlevania-like game".

Those and the Director getting into fights with the other devs for shitty decision making.

Kill yourself

Fuck you. Let us circlejerk in peace.

The only good Castlevania was SotN. You can't prove me wrong so don't even try :^)

It wasn't that bad. Don't believe the (((media))).

It had good things like trying to redeem itself from the past mistakes, the short horror stories (dead guys) and the SotN-esque feels. Music was also better. Instead of RAWR EBIN! it was more like a classic horror movie.
Gameplay and story sucked, but I didn't cringe as hard as on the other two games.

Apart from the lackluster 3DS game the LoS series was great, dude.

Although the ending to LoS2 was a complete waste. The whole game is Drac trying to kill himself, finally gets the chance, and says 'fuck it, I'll live instead'. And how do you kill Satan? What?

I think the studio wanted to make sequels but they shot themselves in the foot by creating an unremarkable finale that left nobody wanting more.

All in all, def not as bad as 64 or Curse of Darkness. Still waiting on that Dawn of Sorrow sequel.