Don't lie, you are on an anonymous image board

How many of you faggotrons enjoy FPSs?
I see a lot of people shitting on CoD and similars. And rightfully so. Any franchise that dumps "new game: same game - current year eddition" is bound to anger us.

BUT how many of you have recently enjoyed an FPS that is usually berated by Holla Forums's hivemind? Go on, stand up and tell us for how long you've been clean or if you have recently gorged yourself in the guilty pleasures of shootan gaem: 2016

I play DooM(original, not 2016) from time to time along with MM88DM.

Titanfall 2.
Save for the usual complaints about EA, Origin and Denuvo, it's a really solid game. I can't recommend because of those things, though.

Evolved was pretty fun

If the only FPS you play isn't Quake III, you are a kike faggot that has to go back.

Last FPS I enjoyed was SS3 and the expansions. Sadly, I can't play it as much anymore.

What's wrong with Doom and Q1?

I enjoyed MW2 and BO1 (6.5 to 7/10ish). I'd probably enjoy CoD still if:
1. The netcode wasn't so godawful
2. The maps didn't suck absolute dick. Black Ops 2 would be the best CoD if it had decent netcode and maps
3. I didn't have to shell out 60$ every year to have a dedicated playerbase to play with.

Call of Duty will never be top tier, but it did used to be a little enjoyable for me, just not enough to shell out 60$ every year.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed any of those games you mentioned, OP. Mainly they turn me off by having any combination of the following or all of it.

I've only enjoyed DRP and even then that felt like a novelty than a game I'd truly want to go back to and replay constantly.

Also as stupid as it sounds one of my most enjoyed FPS campaigns was Tribes Vengeance. I really wish someone would take cues from that and make something similar.

Halo:MCC was great, replayed it entirely in heroic and I had a great time with it even with Halo 4. As a matter of fact I like it so much that I'm considering buying Halo 5 to actually end the saga. It looks pretty good but I heard the die hard fans didnt like it, some opinions on the matter ?

Other than csgo to play once or twice per week with a friend, I have never bought a modern fps

Insurgency is pretty good, and now there's a WW2 mod, so I'm enjoying it.

I plays Planetside 2 with some Holla Forumsirgins, the game is awful but you can still have some fun doing shenanigans, also I play CSGO, the best competitive FPS on the market even with all those flaws.
There`s nothing inherit wrong with FPS, user.

Last FPS I had fun with was Call of Pripyat, but Holla Forums loves S.T.A.L.K.E.R. so I don't know

I still play BF3 time to time but suck at it regardless, just fun to dick around in vehicles

Only FPS games I really ever gave a shit about.

Doom is pretty much the only game I play these days. It's not like I'll run out of new wads to try anyway.

Been a while since I've enjoyed a new one so I'm going to make my own.

I liked that Crysis/Halo like mod for Doom, Project MSX.

Fallout 3
I really had fun exploring the environments and enjoyed the gameplay for the most part. I tried playing the fourth one and got several hours in despite not actually enjoying it. It felt more like a curse, like I was expecting something to happen that never came. Fortunately, I accidentally uninstalled it.

I enjoy many of the FPS that aren't all ultra true to life, modern warfare simulators.

I want crazy, over the top shit in my FPS games, not a repetition of the same camo uniforms, same real life weapons, same Arabic rural village maps and almost the same gameplay.

I feel that 90's FPS were extremely much more varied in thematic in comparison to the ones which nowadays are more popular. And this is no bueno.

Everything about who you are as a person disgusts me to my very core.

Fuck off back to reddit

Same. Matchmaking is fucked too. Seems like everybody plays bounty hunt, I haven't managed to get into a single game of atrition yet

There are very few games who do retro-futurism. Getting a chance to explore the world, even if it was just the ruins, was good enough.

avoid Project Reality for sure

have you played New Vegas/Fallout 1/2?

It varies from region to region and during which times you play. I usually don't have trouble finding games.
Also don't play attrition, it's really bad.

I really love single player FPSs

Multiplayer ones suck dick

1 and New Vegas, which I both like.

I've enjoyed the new Wolfensteins a great deal.
I'm also in the process of playing through Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Shadow Warrior 2013 and Dishonored right now, as well as looking forward to the full release of Black Mesa.

I have a problem with getting into oldschool shooting games, I personally prefer storybased FPS games like Half-Life and such. Can someone give recommendations on how to get into Doom, Quake and such?

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is a good game and is the closes thing to right now to getting to a western UC 0079 game.

You download GZDoom and the wads, boot up, change the controls to fit your refined modern sensibilities and start running and gunning. If you start yearning for a story, you watch a film or read book.

What bothers you about oldschool games?
With Doom and Quake you just jump in and play, with the former you'll need sourceports but there are multiple resources out there to get one set up.

(checked)
It's mostly the controls that feel clunky after being used to modern games

I would intersperse Doom and Nekopara when I was playign through a particularly difficult wad.
1 level of Doom -> 1 chapter of Nekopara -> Repeat
I'm pretty sure it ruined both Doom and Nekopara for me.

I started up metro 2033 very recently and I thought it was complete shit, couldn't find anythingredeemable about it other than the pretty graphics and atmosphere. Played 6 hours and never touched it again, probably never will. Got to the part with the nazis.

Quake is basically proto-Half-Life, the Goldsrc engine is basically the Quake engine, so it will feel largely the same.
With DooD it's a fake-3D engine, you can turn on mouselook and change the controls and it will feel like a normal FPS, there are autists out there demanding that you play with the keyboard only but John Romero himself said that mouselook is the best way to play Doom.
The games themselves are highly concentrated FUN with no bullshit, jump in and blast monsters/demons.

Halofag here. I also play Doom (can't stand its clones though except for Marathon) and a lot of Halo-based shooters such as Republic Commando. Going through the build engine games for the 1st time and I'm having fun.

>>>/leddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

I play Destiny all the time.

See

for what I meant

I don't know if it's a meme or if some people are genuinely devoted to an idea of Holla Forums consensus. Poe's law is a bitch. I should have been more clear on the irony behind it OP though. I wouldn't be creating this thread if I thought I couldn't discuss it here this isn't half-chan after all.
Anyway, I'm thinking about trying shadow warrior. Hence the thread.

To be honest, it is shit. I only enjoyed it the first time I played it for the novelty and as you said the graphics and atmosphere. It's a great game to stream for a few friends but doesn't hold up in gameplay. I'm going to stream Last Light. I think this one had a few better gameplay areas but still suffers.

link your stream famalam

Those that claim Holla Forums isn't an echo chamber are seriously in denial. Nice digits, though.

red orchestra, project reality. besides that, none.

I played through the 3 Resistance games recently, but when I made threads on them most people thought that 1 and 3 were at least decent.

Wolfenstein: The New Order, Doom (2016), Hard Reset, and Vermintide are the only ones I've played in the last couple of years, and they were all serviceable games.

Since I hate loot-shooters and games like CoD which take away your control all the time, there's not much to choose from.

I quite enjoy GiTS First Assault (I had more fun with it than with MGS V) even though it's a shitty free to play FPS by nexon. There is no doubt in my mind that nexon will fuck it up and kill all the fun when it's out of the free beta so I'll try to enjoy it till then.

I like Black Ops, actually.

Glad someone else thinks this, I had the same experience. I never played Resident Evil 5 or 6, but somehow I think I would've enjoyed those more as horror games even as shit as they look… I mean at least the co-op gimmick makes them somewhat unique.

Aside from trying Overwatch for less than 5 hours, the last three FPS I played was Ace of Spades back when pic related was what it was all about. And Planetside 2 at launch and Savage.

In my defense FNV is great with the right setup. Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, Project Nevada and remove the UI completely. You now have to count your shots, actually look around for enemies and guess how much health you have left.
I played CoD Zombies splitscreen with a friend ages ago and liked it. Also I used to play TF2, but quit around 2012/2013.

As for FPS games I do play:

Arma 3 gets shit on sometimes, but really it is shit now that my favorite server removed crosshairs at the request and monetary bribery of MLG tryhards. It's fucking bullshit, Arma 2 didn't have this shit of a community.

Unrelated but sort of related, what's the deal with pirated KF 2? I have heard it's shit and the only versions you can pirate are like 1 or 3 year old versions, what's up with that? Did they create the best anti cheat system or nobody cares to crack the latest version ANYWHERE on the internet?

I can easily find the first KF with all the patches and DLC but killing floor 2? Good luck getting a non spyware updated version to try out for free.

Hi, I hope you all enjoy my unpopular opinion xDDDD

just

dont

downvote me ok???? :P :P :PPPPPP

I play them once or twice a year with friends. I don't particularly enjoy them, and my reaction time is really not great, so I'm mediocre at best.

I'm actually really tempted to get Titanfall 2, but installing Origin and buying an EA game is holding me back.

Any anons here get it? Is it worth giving $50 to EA?

Wew, sure is cuckchan in here. Christmas must have come early.

everyone in this thread gas yourselves

I still play Black Ops 2 to this day, BO3 was also pretty decent, but fuck Sonykikes for making PS4 online play not free.
I also enjoyed Borderlands 2, grinding for orange weapons was fun

+1 reroll

What do you want to achieve with your posts in this thread?

Take your downvotes and attention whoreness elsewhere. Back to gaia perhaps.
Got my repply, 7/10

Go back to 4chan/Voat. Unpopular opinion threads are cancer that only enables newfags and Redditors with shit taste to integrate themselves into this board.

Again, what do you intend to achieve with your posts?

Instead of ignoring and hiding the thread like any normal person would you just spam sage and shitpost in it, you're the one with the reddit-like behaviour using sage as a downvote and defending a circlejerk by shitposting.
The purpose of an online community is to share your opinions and argue with others about them, if you violently attack everyone sharing a different taste than what is officially approvedâ„¢ by what you assume is the "Holla Forums" collective without providing actual arguments and opinions, instead spamming board links and buzzwords like a mouthbreathing retard then you should probably be the one that goes back to reddit.

CoD4 still has a good playerbase, but I can only play it for like 30 minutes at a time before I feel sick playing a game I bought on release in 2007 because it reminds me that I've been wasting time in that one videogame for nearly 10 years now.

So what is it?
The moment I post "I like new game X thread" I'm told to go elsewhere.
I get the "Holla Forums hates videogames" meme, that has been around for ages. But it's a meme, not to be raken seriously. Poe's law IS a bitch.
8/10, got me to repply twice.
Remember kids, don't enjoy vidya, that's how Holla Forums rolls. Wink wink, sage multiple times because that's how you downvote a theme you don't like on Holla Forums

go
back
to
reddit

then do it in their respective threads instead of complaining like

please just either quit being a faggot about it or go to whatever hellhole you crawled from.

What do you intend to achieve with anything in life?

They cant just make a normal vidya thread, they have to feel like they are rebels or some shit.

Very nice, user.

bateman is right

lol this is precious
Point me to one thread like this one. Go on…

Still waiting for them. Unless you count
As a well thought argument

You are a joke really. Lots of anons got here actually describing their experiences with FPSs, but since you needed someone to repply to you and validate your idea of a Holla Forumscommunity, you saged the thread numerous times. 9/10, I'm actually enjoying myself now.

wew

More buzzwords.

Do you know what this thread is you dumbfuck? Single threads about a specific videogame get shitposted to hell and back with NO, and I mean NO ACTUAL DISCUSSION AGAINST SOMEONE'S OPINION, it's "go to reddit" this or "cuckchan" that, dubspam galore, too. Please point me to a post in this thread that told anyone about a game they like being bad and actually justifying their viewpoint with an argument, an actual argument without being a screaming retard.
All I see is people stating guilty pleasures with some light discussions surrounding them (like that guy above that never played doom or quake asking for advice) and faggots like you just shitposting and sage-ing a thread they don't like MULTIPLE TIMES.
How can you justify calling other people reddit when you use their tactics in the same breath, le sage is downboat indeed.

Why are you doing this? On reddit if someone calls you the faggot that you are they get banned, just go there

None because most posters aren't retarded enough to make shitty "unpopular opinions" thread.

If you want to talk about Bioshock/CoD/Borderlands shit, make a damn thread. I can't promise you that most people won't be talking shit about your shit taste in games, but you can at least say you tried to hold a conversation.

I don't want to bump this shitty thread with my posts. Is that such a hard concept for newfags to understand?

He probably got banned from Reddit because even they couldn't handle his autistic faggotry.

If you don't like this thread then why do you keep posting in it?
You could've just hidden the thread and continued with your browsing.
Instead you shitposted three times with no actual argument and spammed dubs in your pathetic internet crusade against people disagreeing with your opinion and provoked this "discussion" to occur in the first place.

Because it validates retards like you to come into this board with their shit taste, and it's shit.

Stay fucking salty, summerfag.

Probably because he likes this site and doesnt want redditfags shitting this place up

Like this one?
3 times the same post?
You are trying to shut down a kind of thread. And telling people to go to safesoaces while at it.
Dude, you are embarassing yourself. Please do go on. Post another repply and make it a sage. Pretend you don't want someone to talk to you on a sunday evening. Because you can't gave people discussing something you don't like without getting a slice of attention
God is there something as sad as being told by another channer that you have no life?

wew

There he goes again with the hivemind and downboats, this isnt reddit buddy.

This isn't a thread for either of those games, though. It's just an unpopular opinions thread

I'll say it again: go back to Rwhatever autistic retard shithole you got banned from

I know you think you're being clever by avoiding the question, but you really aren't. I have been asking what you are trying to achieve in this thread because I don't think whatever it is you are trying to do is working.

You're not going to prevent threads like this from being created by making a sage post without substance.
You're not going to prevent people from shitposting without providing a better example.
You're not going to succeed in enforcing your ideal Holla Forums through saging and offering nothing of substance.
You're not going to convince anyone without providing any arguments.
You're not going to derail the thread just by checking your dubs, let alone not getting them.
You're not going to get people to actually go back to posting in reddit just by telling them to, do you think people actually kill themselves if you tell them to kill themselves over the internet?

In fact, none of your posts remotely encourage any user reading them to become a better person or make quality contributions to the board. I could be calling you a faggot, but I'm not, because just like you I'm wasting precious time trying to make you understand that whatever it is you're doing has no actual effect.

Do you actually think you're improving the board by putting in no effort into your posts? Do you think an empty sage post is an adequate response to refuting others' arguments? Are you the shining example everyone should follow? Or are you really just self-moderating to make only yourself feel like you have done a good job? Come on, show everyone lurking in this thread that you're more than a braindead retard with no proper vision for the future of this board.

Ask a better question next time.

Threads like this usually don't get created anyway because most people on Holla Forums aren't braindead retards who have to feel like they're special for defending against the hivemind boogeyman
You want an example? Fine, create a thread about the game you like. I've done it plenty of times, some anons told me it was shit, some provided similar games, and other just had discussion
Again, what's YOUR point in posting in this thread?
You're not going to make any arguments either unless you can read
You'd know that wasn't true if you weren't such a newfag. Also, this thread is dead anyway. Good riddance.
Maybe. Kill yourself and don't think twice.

This thread has nothing to do with the rest of this board. It's an unpopular opinions thread, that's about as detached from the board as you can get.

shadow warrior 2 was good.

Can one of you anons post that comic strip of the Redditor who comes on here to talk about Skyrim and Portal 2 only to get copypasta instead and then he finds an unpopular opinions thread so he can integrate himself in the board?

I used to have it on my old laptop but I stabbed it to death.

Here
I don't usually like a lot of FPS

Wasn't there a lot of bulletsponginess with the enemies this time?
And I've heard that the gunplay itself was fairly weak again, which is pretty horrible in an FPS.

Just replying to say your post is really good.
Be the change you want to see. I've incessantly posted in threads about games I don't like, arguing honestly and shitposting both. It effectively leads nowhere.
If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Make a thread about something you think is worth talking about to push it off.

Likewise. Instead of making shitty unpopular opinions threads, make threads you about games you like. The burden to make a decent thread is not me for complaining about a shitty thread that has no place here.

This is precisely the opposite of what Holla Forums is for. Here's the place any thread can be made. If you want to discuss that, you repply and bump it. If you don't, you leave it be. Anyone posting (even as sages) that you are not satisfied that is being talked about, is the very reason we abhor the rest of the internet.

Read back your previous posts. Talking about how people should go elsewhere to discuss a theme. Realise how you are just crying for human attention. YOU are the cancer killing chan after chan.

You remind me of the desperate butthurt guy from the NES expansion port thread.
Are you him?

I don't play a lot of FPS games these days, but I liked the new Wolfenstein. I don't understand why most of Holla Forums disliked it.

No. The burden is on you if you want to harbor productive discussion.

If these threads have been around long enough to have retarded strawman comics about them then I'd call them "usually created"
You provided a bad example by shitposting in this thread instead of hiding it, as far as I know these might be your first posts on this site since posting histories don't exist, any claims of you having made good examples are null and void
Lurking in a thread that intersted him perhaps?
He already provided something of value by calling out your trashy posts
Read my first counter argument.

The rest of your replies to his post cannot even be called "arguments", ramblings might be more fitting.

This is not a thread theme. It's just some Redditors being salty that their favorite game is being shit on, absolutely nothing else to it. It just enables shilling and shit tastes leaking into other threads.

8/v/ was one of the few places left where you could discuss video games without worrying about some normalfag talking about the next AAA shit coming out.

The burden is not on me if I'm making threads about games I like. This is a thread about unpopular opinions.

Because you kill the good guys :'( ;~; T_T

I think the hate stems from the game being advertised as "old-skool" while being much closer to modern shooters Holla Forums usually dislikes.
The fact that a great part of Holla Forums's community is shared with Holla Forums (for obvious reasons), the story might have pissed them off too.
I find the story garbage too.

I liked nuDoom, it's actually a good game. There are certainly a lot of things I'd like done different, but I can't think of a AAA FPS in the last 10 years that did it better. Being mad it wasn't perfect is wait-for-Hitlerism. If you play it, play on nightmare as it greatly reduces the bullshit that shouldn't have been in the game and makes it impossible to lose unless you're polygon, apparently.
I'm 38. I probably made wads before you were born. I was in the internet doom ladder. Kill yourself.

i played through on the highest difficulty on my first run, some were spongey (bosses were major sponge) but most weren't. I feel like people are just bad and miss all their shots and then go "HURRDURR SPONGEY".

And I had to call out this shit thread. See how posting works on Holla Forums?

And? If they're that much of a rarity, shouldn't they die off on their own? Many threads people deemed cancerous did a fine job of dying on their own like the Undertale generals, or Payday 2 threads (even though by Holla Forums standards Payday 2 should get no different treatment than Overwatch, yet PD2 threads see very little (1)'s coming in just to downvote). Even if they don't seem to die, I don't see how one man alone can prevent them from being created unless you're a moderator.
To get you and others out of this shitflinging haze where nothing of quality is being discussed. Seriously, I really have to go out of my way at times to get people to step their game up and exit their dismissive :^) mode.
Checking dubs is only another method for people to derail threads who can't help ignoring the thread. Even so, it only really works if the majority thinks the thread is beyond redemption (can't say this is the case here). Although most people here are tired of dubs anyways. Only quads and higher have a noticeable effect anymore.
You say it as if these kinds of threads are inherently flawed, which I strongly disagree with. When there's people expressing their shit taste even if they know they shouldn't, then you can take that chance to point them to better games or lecture them why their games are shit. If you see a 'shit thread', report it to the mods, it's not your job to decide what goes and what doesn't. In fact jobs shouldn't be involved here at all, make a convincing case why things are good/bad and people might try to have a discussion with you like we are doing right now. There's nothing stopping you from trying to improve a thread by contributing something of quality by yourself and nothing stooping down to the level of others. To think that it's everyone else's responsibility to uphold the standards of the board is thinking way too highly of yourself. The very idea that some opinions are beyond redemption is ridiculous once you realize you have the capability to convince others otherwise or to nudge them towards a better direction. Even if the person you're talking to is being incredibly stubborn, at least those lurking in the shadows might learn something.
You can also improve this board by giving those around you something of interest to digest, aside from making threads which encourage such behavior in the first place.

I wanted to buy the game but lost interest since the gunplay seemed pretty bad.
There's a lot of RPG mechanics and upgrades and other stuff adding +0.1% to semen production or whatever, the guns themselves though looked like they were fairly weak in the sound and animation department.
The SMG has some tiny muzzleflash with low damage and no kick to speak of.

FPSs is not a theme?
What game, Holla Forums, officer, is being specifically talked about again?
What if someone wants to talk about anything that came in 2016? Are you going to arrest them officer?

Realise you the one more worried about policing other people's tastes. Then go back to reddit, where you can actually downvote themes you don't like. Bcause here you just get to have people repply to you, thus bumping the thread** Remember, Holla Forums is the place best known for having ONLY threads that cater to specific tastes. You don't want to believe that Holla Forums is an echo chamber, by posting in threads tou don't like.
I'm actually enjoying myself

Because Wolfenstein: the Jew Order is propaganda. They turned the all-American badass main character into some loser terrorist who fails at everything, hides in a sewer with diversity squad, does acid with a nigger, and bangs his girlfriend like a degenerate in closets and laundry rooms. They depend on finding a magical superjew who graciously allows them use of their magical superjew technology to kill nahzees (who are only powerful because of stolen Jew tech, the goyim are hundreds of years behind the Jews), but only after explaining how their god is the real god. You end up patriotically dying for Israel and that's the end of the game.

Unpopular opinions is not a thread theme. If you don't like the "hivemind" boogeyman go to another site. Why are you even here if you think Holla Forums is nothing but mindless shitposting with no discussion?

Why is it that everybody who defends shitty unpopular opinions threads on Holla Forums always sounds like a multi-culturalism cuck?

Jesus, I'm more drunk than I thought. That's ineligible.

Underage drinking is illegal. Try posting tomorrow so you don't come out sounding like a retard.

Nigger, if it is established that a certain opinion is "popular", then what's the problem about talking about anything else? I suppose genre generals are not your thing either?
Anyway, I came to 8/v/ to talk about themes I want, and have like minded people repply to them. Guess even Holla Forums have a speech police. Good thing we don't make people like you janitors or anything I mean, you already police threads for free. Much like in other chans we know.

Was Devil Daggers good?

I think the closest comparison I have for Metro is The Last of Us since it also relies heavily on scripted walking sequences, cinematic effects, and has a really basic "stealth" option. No idea why so many people compare Metro to Stalker.

Dubs

I enjoy FPS games

It's mostly the setting, irradiated russian wasteland with mutants and anomalies, in Stalker it's physics and in Metro it's the spoopy ghost stuff.
Also AKs and slavspeak galore.

Check these

Are there any modern FPS that dont have built-in wallhack bullshit?

Last fps I played recently was overwatch back in the spring/summer with friends. Aside from watching it break the friendship between two people I know, its alright but blizz went full jew with the boxes especially seasonal boxes. The fact that there pretty much only 3 game modes and defense heroes are usually unplayed in comp is pretty jarring, have no idea how people play this game all day when maps also get tiring and isnt too exceptional.
Also might look into shadow warrior 2 and might check how d44m is, but hopes arent that high

You can use it as a stepping stone to better games, at least. If you want to play (somewhat) similar games in terms of gameplay, try Unreal Gold and Descent. Unreal has a much more subtle and less intrusive story and progression on top of smoother gameplay and level design.

There are some moments in TNO which almost, ALMOST approach F.E.A.R. in terms of quality and gameplay because of how aggressively you are attacking and moving around, but those are very few and far and between, interspersed by cinematic sequences and bulletsponges which encourage you to sit behind cover like a little bitch when moving around like a dual-wielding berzerker is much more fun. It's why I consider The Old Blood superior over TNO because it's more shootan instead of more boring story sections. Some people say that being able to carry up to 9 medkits in FEAR makes each encounter too easy, but if you look at how TNO handles identical gameplay with no portable medkits, I prefer the portable medkits because it gives you more choice over how you want to engage the enemy. In FEAR playing too aggressively could result in a lot of damage which then drains your medkit stock, whereas in TNO playing too aggressively results in immediate death. If I fuck up in FEAR, I won't die, but it'll make me reconsider how I approach a situation when I have less medkits. In TNO I'm more at the mercy of whatever medkits there are present in the immediate vicinity.

So yeah, I'd say go play F.E.A.R. instead to see how to do these games properly, or The Old Blood. That, and most people here just want to be a honorable aryan slaughtering the degenerate Allied hordes.

SW2 makes me rethink what exactly people consider spongy. I think anything human-sized with little armor should die in one shotgun blast, but there are some enemies where you're just circlestrafing and doing the same thing over and over.
It also brings me back to the challenge of the game, which either falls between STEAMROLL EVERYTHING and LOL BULLETSPONGES with no palpable middle ground because of how receiving damage is near inevitable. That's similar to ARPGs like Diablo and Path of Exile, but the fun in those games came from the loot and theorycrafting your build. The loot in SW2 is just incredibly boring and underwhelming to its core (oh boy, this gem converts 1% more of my damage to ice) and the skill system feels shallow with little meaningful build variety. The only fun I had with the game when I was steamrolling everything with a broken build which let me sidestep the RPG systems entirely. If the only way to have fun is to make a broken character, then your RPG system is flawed. Let's not forget the developers nerfing anything fun in a singleplayer game and having absolutely no idea what they are doing, but that doesn't really matter anyways when (hopefully) everyone is playing on a pirated copy of the original version. SW2 does have some cool melee systems which could be expanded on and tested from different angles like Furi's different takes on your limited moveset, but instead they opted for this boringass RPG approach where they spawn a bunch of randomized enemies in a randomized place in a randomized level. If you've seen it once, you've seen everything.

Thats because they are
Everytime
I thought these threads were dead, but apparently theres some cuckchan refugee whos take it upon himself to revive them recently.

pheeeeew-ee, seems the marketing division has arrived

I travel in pairs too

Honestly, I feel like if didn't have the Doom moniker, it wouldn't be so hated here. It does some things that help it stand out from other modern shooters like CoD or Battlefield and bring back some sorely missed mechanics.

But then you have bullshit like:

Devil Daggers might be one of the best games of all time because of how coherent it is. Everything in the game has a greater purpose from gameplay to atmosphere, but the problem with it is that being a time attack arena shooter, it's just not a game for everyone.

Neither is it the kind of game I'd sink endless hours in, but I can greatly appreciated Devil Daggers from a design, visual, and audio standpoint. I think unity is the highest level of quality of a game can achieve, when everything just fits together to create an unique experience, but it's not the kind of game anyone can enjoy. I don't know if accessibility is an objective standpoint to criticize a game for, the only reason to keep playing Devil Daggers is to improve your survival time, and that's not a common motivation nowadays. If Devil Daggers had a full singleplayer campaign, everyone would be fawning over it, but I can only tell you to try it out for yourself and see if this is the kind of game you'd see yourself spending many hours in to master.

The only benefit the game had of being a reboot of the Doom franchise is that it could copy the enemy arsenal of the original games. While I think the enemies stand out on their own, I feel they are badly used together or could have been used together in a more meaningful fashion.
I sincerely doubt id could come up with any better enemy designs if they didn't have OG Doom do work off of.

This thread is Reddit incarnate
TNO is Spark Unlimited tier shit with only a tiny bit more polish.
Its a gimped and shitty casualized Return to Castle with a lesbian kike.
Absolute fucking trash just like your taste.

Id still hate it with the Doom
Its a mediocre Painkiller with none of the charm or gameplay mechanics.

The irony is oalpable.

I never said it wasn't, only that it had brief moments of potential where it almost seemed to resemble FEAR (moving through tight areas and flanking enemies, being constantly on the move, etc.)

I actually never realized she was a lesbian until you told me

Kill your fucking self
I enjoy Shadow Warrior 2013 and 2, Halo 1 and 3 plus Half Life 2 and Quake 4, and Im ok eith Steam, you dont see me creating these trash reddit/tumblr tier threads.

Go be a thin skinned faggot somewhere else.

Its nothing like F.E.A.R not a tiny bit, especially on the harder difficulties.
Its on the ending if you save her
I did, by mistake

This thread makes me feel so fucking old.

Nice try

There are some similarities between FEAR and TNO in terms of level design and gameplay (when TNO isn't throwing you in another open area/cinematic sequence/melee-stealth sequence for 75% of the game), although TNO doesn't have an AI anywhere as good. The only praise I can give TNO's AI is that the enemies can't see you through walls which allows you to flank them in the first place. The faggot in embed related also has a video on TNO explaining why it doesn't work most of the time.

user, they don't lie to fool others, they lie to fool themselves.

The last shooter i played was paladins some minutes ago, aside from it, and wanting to play overwatch, i don't remember playing any modern shooter for some time, i'm playing through DooM1 "knee deep in zdoom using project brutality, and it's being a very cool experience, some maps kinda make you get lost with all the backtracking, but it still a very refreshing experience.
Also played the E1M1 from DooM in quake 1, which was cool, but i am not a really a fan of quake 1, probably because of the medieval themes.
The next game i want to try to finish is Unreal 1 and Serious Sam 1 HD.

Thanks for the recommendation

I think the last (in terms of of release date) FPS I actually liked was Serious Sam HD.
I cant think of a single FPS released after that that I liked.

Theres barely anything like that in TNO
The level design tries to mimic 00s post Half Life FPS but it still railroads you like a fucking asshole and block most alternatives, leaving you in need of cover.
It doesnt know what it wants to do and that shows troughout the whole game.

But of course

Play UT4

Who would have though

nigger what do you think this is?
I wanted to talk about something, so I created a thread. It's you who are complaining that I shouldn't talk about *things* because you don't like them
the only people trying to shut down someone is you.
But they are. You can argue that graphics or gameplay are objectively better or worse on game X or Y, but taste is ultimately subjective. By your own metric, people who like the original DOOM re objectively wrong because there's so many things about that game that can be considered outdated

Palpable is indeed a fitting adjective.

These threads are created just to shill new releases.

I see I see

im looking forward to dishonored 2, i guess.

Arena FPS and corridor/console-style FPS killed the FPS genre.

Here's my favourite.

Go back to reddit OP
Im sure they will love CaliArt fags such as yourself there since you perfectly fit their rethoric.

THANK YOU OP

I got like 1500 hours in CS:GO

It's fun if you tryhard and stomp people. It's got some really intricate mechanics.

phaggot

Friend bought niggerfield 1 for me. When it's not triggering my autism for being so historically inaccurate the game itself isn't too bad. But then the best thing to do in the game is get a shotgun as quickly as possible and spam fire grenades into capture points. Shotgun works well firing from hip so I always just have the gas mask on and outgun pretty much anyone I come across.

They'd have done a lot better if it wasn't sold as a WW1 game though.

Halo 5 will ruin all the halo games you already played. Don't do it lad.

I used to like them, but as I get older I find they're worse and worse. I like interesting ones like breakdown, but for the most part most shooters are terrible.