GOTY 2016

It's already November. What's your pick? Here's mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/400910/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hahaha, le dead industry indeed, epic post my nihilistic friend, have an upboat :D

It came out in the beginning of the year and nothing seems to able to top it.

Remasters/ports don't count

Titty Ninjas' Beach Adventure

2012 game m8

But isn't that the grand majority of games released this year?

this one right there

Rules are still rules

gimme a link

And who's rules are that?

DS3

I have yet to play a single good videogame this year

the norm

>is using google too hard? store.steampowered.com/app/400910/

I guess Dead Rising or Pokemon Sun & Moon going off the demo.

lol steam

Does an expansion count? Because Blood & Wine is the best new thing I played this year.

Otherwise I will have to abstain. The closest I can get to is maybe Hyper Light Drifter (post 60fps patch) and even then…

But the demo was shit.

Dragons Dogma
Dark Souls III

you liked your 10fps "game"

I can't even remember most of the games that came out this year and I never completed DSIII.

Xenoverse 2 just came out and I'm having fun with that, so I guess I'll pick that. Seriously, when was the last time picking a GOTY was actually hard not because there were barely any good games, but because there were many?

I never had a problem with the FPS like some people were saying… and I played it on an old 3ds, not saying that those people were lying.

Darkest dungeon?
There's been fuck all of anything good this year.

let me guess you never played a 60fps game in your life
I had a firend like you who always crancked his graphics to 11 just to play it at 15 fps with lags. He didn't care.

Nah, trust me, that sort of thing gets to me a bit as well. My game maintained a solid 30 fps only dropping once during a fight and only for a moment. Other than that it ran fine. I've heard other anons talk about the horrible frame drops though, I just haven't hit any. Even riding toros around town didn't drop my FPS which was what a lot of people said did it.

I can't believe you, sorry.

yeah, I guess it is weird, especially considering I've seen other anons complain about it. Maybe there's something different about launch 3ds's? Iunno.

Given all their failures this year, Sony is going to rig the voting and so will get nu man's sky to win to clear it's name

Mark my words

are you new?

Battlefleet Gothic Armada is the best game released this year so far.

also Space Hulk: Deathwing is coming out December 9 on PC so that might end up being the GOTY that 2016 deserves.

All of you not into SHMUPs are REALLY missing out here.

DSIII, despite being the second worst Soulsborne game and having terrible replay value. This is probably among the worst year. Nothing was good other than ports of old games (Dead Rising, DD). Maybe Spacehulk will be good and take the prize right at the end of the year.

A lot of people seemed to have fun with Shenzen I/O, other than that things are disappointing this year

My relative of African descent with whom I share at least one of my parents

Wasn't worth playing at low def ~20fps :^)

For the fifth time in the row I havce the same one as you OP.

The pirate version is better than the paid one, so it really can't be GOTY in my book.

Theres a few comtenders in my book
EDF 4.1 is completely different and I enjoyed Shadow Warrior 2 despite its flaws, fuck you

If this holds together through the end it will be my GOTY.

Horizon 3.

Deathwing isn't even out yet.

Shadow Warrior 2 and Rabi Ribi are pretty much the only games of this year I've bought.
Kind of weak, though next year looks promising so far.

This year was so convoluted that i don't even remember what has been released on it.

Nice taste, too bad its locked to Microjew.
So?
Its coming out this year and its made by Streum On with the 40K license, even if its not grear Im sure it will turn out decent.

This year was better than the last one though.
Too bad Overwatch was released on this timeframe though.

Plenty of good shit from several smaller games and ports, to 3 or 4 decent bigger releases.
PS4 still has no games and will only get them this December or next year

HITMAN and Deathwing are probably the ones who deserve it.

Shenzhen I/O. I know a lot of people enjoyed Hitman, but I haven't played it myself. Still enough time for La-Mulana 2 to come out and steal the show, too.

For people who are sick of mainstream releases, their knowledge of indie games is rather disappointing

Please tell me why this list is shit in advance, thanks

It's biased towards your own taste like last year and you obviously haven't played all of the games on the list

Can't see Titanfall 2. It's a 7 or 8 in my book.

Seraph if we're talking most enjoyed of the year
No idea if we're talking the game that most deserves it. My guess is either Momodora or Rabi Ribi.

I don't buy you've played the games I've recommended for that list because they haven't changed spots since then.

It seems to me like an aggregation of the general consensus. Mileage may vary.

What I want to know is: if Devil Daggers is so great then why have I never heard of it?

the only bias I admit I have is towards SHMUPs, yet barely anyone here plays them (and you really should give them a chance) and not many could give me a reason why I should reconsider their placement aside from pointing out my bias, which all in all isn't the strongest argument

I've had a busy time and not much could be spent on videogames

It was talked about here in January when it was released, but forgotten soon afterwards. It's a pretty small game (albeit a very tight one) so there wasn't much to talk about after a few weeks or so

My top 5;
1. The King of Fighters XIV
2. Ys VIII
3. Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension
4. Xanadu Next
5. River City: Tokyo Rumble

I had a great year, tons of good niche games released.

I do, and you over-rank them. Mushihimesama was not 10/10 last year and Blue Revolver certainly isn't 8/10 this year, that's one of the highest scores any of the games on the list gets.

Max: an autistic journey at 10? Rabi-Rabi at 9? Stardew Valley and Momodora at 8? Fucking Salt and Sanctuary at 7?

This baby came out in January and it still holds up well. A massive improvement over the first game, making for one of my favourite SRPGs. Hoping the third game is even better.

Skyrim: Special Edition

I'll admit that

look closer

Do explain

>wait there's a new dodonpachi out?

Also Sonic generations is my GOTY 2016 not because it came out in 2016 but because I played it last month.

Those scores are higher than they should be, thought it was pretty self-explanatory. Only ones that might break above a 6/10 are Momodora and Rabi-Rabi, and even then just barely.

It's just new to Steam

pic related might be my GOTY tbh, but its too soon to tell.
Dark Souls 3 probably second but if late 2015 counts then I'd pick MGSV. Accept your phantom pain Holla Forums
man this year was shit

You know, Dunkey of all people actually put the year into perspective.
Just close the video when he starts jacking off over indie games.

A fair warning, the Black Label Arrange mode (AKA Ketsuipachi) which was JP-exclusive up until now and featured an arranged Ketsui soundtrack by Virt himself (embed related) is currently suffering from Gradius 3 SNES-levels of slowdown, which is incredibly disappointing given the fact that everyone was hyped for that mode to begin with. CAVE/Degica say they are 'looking into it', but there's no telling when the slowdown will get fixed. At least all the other modes work fine (some say even better than the 360 port)

I haven't played any of these games, so no, that's not self-explanatory at all. I'm largely going by popular opinion with games I haven't played and can't do much with posts telling me I over/underranked something without any arguments telling me why

The Wii U alone had so many great games.

Stop it you fuck

What's wrong with it?

Nothing, he's shitposting

While this game had some problems (Millium's voice being the biggest one, fuck that voice) it's been by far been the best game I've played all year. A truly solid JRPG that kept me hooked throughout.

Everything, from awful games being on the top tier lists, inclusion of rereleases and actually decent games being low on the list.

Fuckoff

I know, so it might not be a good idea to take on the responsibility of making a list like this

The one who made that list didnt play those games either.

atleast put this little gem on the list..

shit comic/10

Could you name some examples?
Come on people, why do I have to go so far out of my way to encourage you to put some effort into your posts and list some arguments already? Is everyone that used to waving shit away without putting some effort into it?

When I look at this thread it pains me to see people (including myself I guess) to say no good games haven't been released this year even though the games people here have played are more popular examples you'd be more likely to find on Reddit recommendation threads. I've created this list to remind people that these kind of games exist, and quite frankly it's not as fun without ranking them (that's more likely my autism speaking). But I don't have the time to play them all, so I'm hoping for proper user input on what things to improve or change. For some reason people are reluctant, and I don't know where to start.

i fucking hate ASM games

Liru and Rondo Duo were best "games" this year. Says a lot.

It must be hard to live with terminally shit taste. I'm sorry for your loss.

I agree with him. The way I see it, what's the point of playing a game to simulate something that you could actually do right on the machine that you're using to simulate it?

Fantastic little game. This would have to be my pick if we're not counting the several great PC ports this year.

AA2 is still better, though the character creator is good in Honey Select. Can't wait for AA3 with that level of detailed creation.

What a shame. I'd buy it right now if it was on PC.

Id be here forever
Valley is a 7 or 6
Come on nigger
All those at 6 with a few exceptions are a 7.
Seriously, get that shit out of my face.

Is there an explanation behind those rankings? I'm already considering changing them, but it would be useful to know the reasoning behind them in the future

Considering Illusion is selling their VR game to westerners, I seriously hope they do it with AA3 too.

They said they would never sell to westerners ever, especially after Rapelay.
I hope they changed their mind

AM2R.

That question could be applied to any simulator game.

My contenders would be:
Rabi-Ribi
Project Diva X
Monster Hunter Generations

Not a great year, but could have been worse. DS3 was alright, but has too many problems.

Trails of Cold Steel.

Also Ys VIII if you did the impossible and learned Japanese.

I wanna fuck that dog

You're already here forever, you're a loser posting on an anonymous image board. May as well put some effort into your views; they're all you have.

I was more talking about the genre overall.

Cheeky bastard. I like you.

Assembly-based puzzle games is practically only Zachtronics and nobody else, and the others in the genre are even more difficult to find real life equivalents than Shenzhen. Unless you spend a lot of time with fake chemistry labs and old computers.

I never thought I'd love a god damn Minecraft knock off since I hate Minecraft, but God damn this game is so much fun. Easily my GoTY

How would you play Stalker IRL? Pripyat has no anomalies… or does it?

Aside from the boss fights that require a specific card they fixed all of Sticker Star's problems. Add the graphics and soundtrack to that and I'd stick it in 7/10 at least.
Also Rhythm Heaven Megamix got a physical release in Europe a few weeks ago, if that counts as a western port.

My GOTY so far would probably be the Ratchet & Clank reboot. Not nearly as good as A Crack In Time, but still good all the same. This year's been very lackluster, but fortunately, next year seems like it'll be a bit better.

Unless Deathwing or The Last Guardian turn out to be very good, my pick is fairly cemented.

blood & wine

That's because you are mentally ill, user.

-Valley is a glorified walking simulator
Cream of the croo, but still a walking sim
-All those 5 games are solid games on their respective genres with some added gimmicks, not too good, but certainly not a mediocre 5, 6 at least
-Technomancer is a mediocre 5, its not a shit game though
-Total WaWa is either a 6 or a 7 considering its actually a good TW game besides the kikery

You dont know me, I could be a normalfag for all you know.
Plus Im too busy playing Temple of the Lizardmen and Endless Space to elabore past superficial levels.

Valley is a 7 or a 6 btw

This. +1

Thanks, I'll take this into consideration

Kill yourself pls

It's the unfortunate reality

If this would hurry up and come out it would win this year in my book.

Mother Russia Bleeds I guess? It's the only game that's come out this year that I've enjoyed.

I only count five

Your list is shit because you have a literal scam game as a 5/10.

Been playing this several hours every night since getting it, more than I can say for any other game this year.

The sad thing is that I thought you were talking about SFV first before seeing Starbound.

Total War: Warhammer
I am sucker for Warhammer Fantasy and this game was surprisingly good.
One thing I regret is buying it near the launch, I should have waited to around mid-late 2017 to buy it with all DLC for half the price.

Devil Daggers on the other hand is just fantastic score based FPS.

I also don't count EDF and Dragon Dogma because they are ports.

Despite having two horsefucking furries contributing to it, it's surprisingly fun.

Best FPS of 2016

Sony is stupid sometimes, but they're not THAT stupid. They have more profitable flagships to promote.

Please don't reproduce and kill yourself.

It's coming out next year, isn't it? I've been trying to keep up with its development since I'm probably going to buy the first one at Christmas this year.

my wife and i are already working on our fourth child just to spite you

the low fps are for people who don't have a "new" 3ds I haven't notice any low fps on my new xl 3ds

thou when x and y launched i had a normal xl at that time and did notice it bad fps drops and other shit.

Either Rabi Ribi or Devil Daggers, I can't decide

But if ports count then probably DDDA for PC

How so? Can't share pawns on pirated version.

Fucking nothing, what a shitty year.

You are a fucking nigger. Like this reddit tier faggot i was arguing with who kept going on about how much he liked EDF 4.1 but that he wouldn't play the prequels because"muh framerate", how fucking autistic can you get?.

Take every rating and subtract 1.

No need to explain you cancer.

I don't remember any games coming out in 2016.
I didn't buy any game from 2016.
I didn't pirate any game from 2016.
My favorite game from 2016 is
Morrowind + Tamriel rebuilt on openMW

It'd be more credible if you took the joke game off of the top but otherwise I entirely agree with it. I personally like DD quite a lot and would put it in 9/10 but it has a lot of obvious problems so I could even understand someone putting it in 6/10.

Because it's pretty niche and only really appeals to fans of bullet hell games and quake while also being incredibly simple (but good).

I mean the game was made by one dude from scratch (even the engine) as a side project over a couple months but it's still probably the most well designed game of this year or even the last couple. Also has insanely good audio and low poly art, embed related.

Should probably clarify that
was referring to Dragon's Dogma, I forgot that Devil Daggers has the same acronym but that shit is 10/10 for the tiny group of people that it appeals to.

The Division.
Not even that good of a game, but its the only thing released this year that I've had fun playing.

I think you must not have played very many games this year then because that game was pretty shit compared to Rabi Ribi, Devil Daggers, or even mediocre shit like nudoom.

No interest in Devil Daggers or Rabi Ribi.
But I've played enough of the rest of the releases this year.
And The Division is merely average. Shit is stuff like No Man's Sky or that new Homefront

Why do you have no interest in them? The primary appeal of both of them is crazy good gameplay and if you don't like crazy good gameplay then why are you on Holla Forums?

Also I should note that I don't even like bullet hell games but those two are easily my favorite games of this year assuming DDDA doesn't count.

Never been a fan of their genres. Don't like the arcade shooter thing, and can't get into the sidescroller bullet hell stuff.

look, I'm not saying that that Setsuna is a must play game, but it's better that the games I listed that you rated higher. And that are just the ones I played.

The actual Doom 4 could have gotten that accolade if they pulled off Snapmap correctly. Watching videos of maps made in Snapmap is depressing.

GDF is a fucking slideshow on the PS2 though, it really hurts the experience.

Get the fuck out of this board casualshit

the board would lose 33% of UIPs

So?

Hands down the best new game I've played this year. If I could choose Dragon's Dogma I would with Xanadu Next coming up after that.

AM2R

Dragon's Dogma pirated edition is the best game that came out this year.

Half Genie Hero no doubt. Modern games are so fucking shitty that HGH is likely the only decent new release out of the entire year. Next year will have 1-2 good new releases, modern games are trash.

How is Mother Russia Bleeds, it looks boring and simple but I like the aesthetics and setting.

Your list is shit, kiddo.

Just ignore him, Holla Forums tier lists are always complete cancer with no exceptions, at this point, posting them is blatantly baiting for replies.

I dunno, I tried to play neptunia but it just didn't feel fun. It's been a while, so I can't really remember any in-depth details, but it mostly seemed to me like garbage with cute waifus slapped on to hide that.

DooM

That's 90% of Japanese games. It at least has fun writing, and is better than the vast majority of indieshit.

I love the characters a lot, but the games are mediocre and the whole experience can be kind of cloying, especially with the NISA cancer.

This is completely off topic but is anyone else having trouble posting with Everychan? I have to use the shitty browser app instead

The NISA cancer is terrible, but it's not in R;B1 and is officially gone as of V-II onwards.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing out has made me excited or amazed to consider it a GOTY.

I love this bait.

honey select i guess

I have never played a game newer than 2013

is there something im missing? devil daggers seems like something a cs student whipped up as a side project while in school. I could excuse the 1 hit deaths if the gunplay was any good, but it feels awful

You're not missing anything, it's just a shit game.

What makes the pirated one better than the purchased one?

Because it has an extremely high skill cap and supreme audio design.

No DRM, you dont miss anything of value.

skill cap? giving you a koolaid hose and overwhelming you with enemies that one hit you isn't skillful. this pretty much confirms that v has shit taste in games

Fuck the police, I don't care that it's a port, I'm rolling with DD:DA as GOTY. I mean I'd rather choose a genuinely new game but it's been a hell of a shit year.

On another note, Devil Daggers is barely worth a pirate.

Dungeon Rats and Half Genie Hero maybe.

>>>/suicide/

Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.

I hated the fuck out of DDDA and I beat it twice (don't smartass me about the credits not being the end, I know that already) I honestly, truly don't understand why Holla Forums loves it so much and I've never tried so hard to like a game.

What do you enjoy about Dragon's Dogma?

I'm optimistic towards it because it's age of decadence but focused on gameplay instead of c&c/story. AoD sounds like it was alright but I've always been a bigger fan of combat.

sure most online pawns are shit but some are pretty great and much better than the offline ones

You just described every bullet hell and if you think bullet hell games are shit then you my friend are the one with shit taste in games.

Pretty much just the combat, character customization, and [technology]. It's a game that is only fun if you allow it to be though, did you mess around with all the classes to find what suits you the most? I started as a mage and hated the game for awhile until I switched to assassin and started having lots of fun.

the best pawn is the one you create and tailor to every need yourself, you don't need any more than 1 pawn either, they're the gimmick of the game

m-muh skill cap
nigger the gun doesnt even smoothly change between the shotgun mode and the hose mode

bullet hell games are fine since you can clearly see every bullet at once. in devils dagger, dying just feels like you were cheated since you got hit by something offscreen and the gameplay otherwise isnt even good enough otherwise to justify it.

I've yet to see another character creator that lets me create loli, thicc, giant muscledudes, adorable old people, midgets, jolly fat dudes, and of course horrifying abominations.

You're just shit at the game, Sojk consistently survives for over 800 seconds every time he plays and he doesn't get cheated by stuff offscreen. The skill here isn't really in shooting, it's in having complete awareness of your surroundings.

I find it to be more interesting than other bullet hell games because of this. You can't just go on reflex, you actually have to mentally keep track of where everything is and what the movement patterns of all the demons are.

So?

Thirded

Gay sex?

Twitcher is another shitty cinematic experience AAA game with terrible gameplay. You must have abysmal standards.

But I have severe autism so what do I know.

You either have good taste or you don't, no point in trying

literally irrelevant
what some nigger accomplished doesnt change that the game feels like a shitty side project someone made in college

The skill involved, much like in games such as Doom or Serious Sam, comes down to crowd control. In turn, crowd control involves:

I understand that Devil Daggers is not a game for everyone, but to call it shallow arena shootan is just disingenuous and shows a lack of understanding of how the game actually works and why it works.

note: i played all of these games for more than 4 (if there's 4 hours of gameplay) hours

best games in 2106
catgirl without salad
code of princess (port)
on*chanbara z2 chaos (port)
pankapu
redout

honourable but bad in 2106
rabi-ribi
edf 4.1 (port)
AM2R
sakura dungeon
furi
trials of the blood dragon

worst games in 2106
earthlock: festival of magic
rwby grimm eclipse
thumper
metronomicon
shadow warrior 2 (port)
dn3d gearbox release (port)
tom something division
doom (4)
dark souls 3
dragons dogma dark arisen (port)
aragami
galgun doublepeace (port)
hyper light drifter
pony island
punchclub
bombshell
xcom2
starfoxzero
necropolis
stardew valley
this is the police
no man's sky
dead rising (port)
owlboy
o w l b o y

It's you isn't it? Reeeeeeeeeee

>>>/halfchan/

I haven't seen taste this shit since the last Holla Forums thread I read.

Chhecked.

Shadow Warrior 2 is the best game gameplaywise so far for me, the story is complete shit

Mafia 3 the best game writingwise, gameplay is kinda shit

fight me bitches

neither of these are "goty" btw, that word has no meaning

I need to give this another spin, even the first few hours are pretty fun and normally this is about as far away from my kinda genre as you can get

Automatically invalidates the post even outside of how bad your taste is

This.
The game needs a story mode badly.
Anything Quake like would be awesome

So is DOOM bad too? DOOM might have complex levels and some more weapons but there's less enemies and less variety between them.

You're a retarded nigger if you think the two most important aspects of a game are how well they utilize your skill and the quality of its aesthetics (including how meaty the weapons sound or how enemies react to damage). Devil Daggers does both of these superbly well and if you think anything else was significantly better in the [CURRENT YEAR] then you're kidding yourself.

And if you don't think Devil Daggers tests your skill to a great degree then look at what this user outlined here

I think you gentlemen would find that it would be best to post this kind of stuff at a place more accepting of casual opinions like >>>/reddit/ or >>>/4chan/

WE

>>>/oven/

you deserve a good stomping you adhd nigger, you are a good example of everything that is wrong with "western culture", your opinion doesnt matter

WUZ OPERATION PHOENIX

Dude by story mode i mean map exploration with enemy placements.
Don't get triggered so easily.

KANGS

Out of the fact that I think this was the only game that came out in 2016 that I played besides Overwatch, which was a waste of 40 shekels.

Why not just call it a main campaign?

I know it's a good game, but the name makes me thing of a jewish frog for some reason.

For what purpose?

Because I'm a blistering retard who listened to some niggers here. Last time I ever take advice from this board concerning AAA games.

TEXT "HEEB" AT 09006669 FOR CRAZY YID FROG RINGTONES A DABBA DAY DABBA DOO DOO DOO

Overwatch thread is a hugbox and had any dissenting replies removed by the hotpockets nigger.
Why would you do that to yourself?
Its the new ASSFAGGOTS where everyone pretends to like it when its nothing more but an addiction and social gathering shithole.

Because i'm stupid and it's 2am and i can't think straight

Okay. So since current year is shit. I'm make my own Goty.
Games I played for the first time this year
Spy Fiction
Resident Evil 2
Kill.Switch
Nina Williams Death by Degrees
Fatal Frame 3
Haunting Ground
Raw Danger

Clock Tower 3. Great guilty pleasure game designed using jail bait.
Monster Rancher 2. Played it years ago but own it now.

aesthetics? it looks alright but the sound design really isnt as good as you're making it out to be. the gun isnt even audible over the enemies. it's like im firing a silent firehose of code red mountain dew

Does anyone know how to get rid of the letterboxing? I'm using a 16:10 monitor and its driving up a fucking wall.

The only game I'd call GOTY is Dark Souls III, mostly because it's the best out of the whole two games that came out this year that I played.
I dunno, nothing really catched my eye this year (that isn't a Doom wad).

The only games I played that came out this year were Sequence but Worse, DQ Builders, Ember, Titan Quest AE and Tadpole Treble

So I clearly need to go with Tadpole Treble

Do you want to hear the sound of your gun OVER the enemy's sound and gauge their position through sound?
Do you want Garrett to loudly breathe and groan over hearing the footsteps of guards?

i'd like the weapon to feel meaty instead of impotent

Let me tell you this, shmups intentionally keep the volume of your main shot low because in most cases you're constantly shooting, and if it were any louder or impactful it'd rape your fucking ears. The subdued sound of your streaming shot in DD makes sense because you will be constantly shooting it, and if it were any louder it wouldn't only prevent you from focusing on enemy sounds, but it would be incredibly unpleasant to listen to on extended sessions.

Sequence is a pretty good game

Infinite Warfare belongs on 7/10 tbqfwyh

I know, that's why the game I played was sequence but worse.

You know it's haram to rate CoD any higher even if they were objectively good

It's more haram to disregard a decent game just because of some past mistakes.

It's really not there.

What if the CoD series actually started being good? Like, they keep making shit games for so long, making crap just becomes a mindless routine, so each iteration they actually put a little effort in just for kicks. Then 10 years from now, and BAM they actually make a great game completely on accident.

I would put Grim Dawn at least as an 8/10 game, unless anyone objects to that. Its my game of the year and a Solid 9/10 to me personally.

That would be one of the funniest and most ironic things in history, such as violence being the answer for everything after all.

all i've played for the last few months is monster hunter and rainbow six siege, so those kinda instantly qualify. i can barely list of any notable releases this year

what do you like about IW? The diversity? The five minutes of spaceship flyin?

Realistically. If we are trying to predict what the GOTY will be according to normalfag awards shows, it'll most likely be this;
>Indy GOTY Probably wont be NMS because it already has too bad a publicity it might be some more obscure indieshit nobody has heard of like Fire Watch
>Handheld GOTY: If its not Pokemon Go it'll probably be Pokemon Sun/Moon anyways

Don't think Mankind Divided will get recognition? Deus Ex has prestige over Fallout

You have to think like a normalfag user. More normalfags care about muh Fallout!

I thought Goyout 4 came out last year and got snubbed for all the awards over TW3 which is actually even worse somehow

Fallout 4 was released last year faggot
Its going to be DooSex when its barely an RPG.

it fell off the radar crazy fast, i don't think it was very popular with the normalfags this year

I reckon Skyrim remastered will win.
Todd will have his revenge.

Which was then snubbed for Her Story, I remember now

So what was the worst game that you played and came out this year, Holla Forums?
And I mean played. I'm hoping you lot were intelligent enough to NOT buy No Man's Sky and other AAA trash

2016 - 1990 = 40?

It's 26 years ago

Oh no they had a 20th anniversary celebration all right.

Overwatch

You're clearly not from around these parts, newfaggot

Haven't played a thing released this year.

And is everybody counting out the possibility that Team Ico might actually pull through and make another good game? Comes out in a month.

Shadow of the Colossus came out eleven years ago.

that studio is so dead to me i'm glad they didn't

WEW

I do want to point out that Naughty Dog actually coudn't do a real anniversary celebration as Activision owns the IP.

I doubt it. Hype has been building up for years and years, there's no way it will pay off. Expectations are way too high for that game. And 10 years to make a game is not a good sign. It must have been one hell of a rocky development.

i play fightan games locally and like yakzua and bloodborne, it helps me cope with my choices

There's no guarantee it was constantly in development that entire time, it could have been shelved at some point. But I hope you're okay waiting a decade for a game you'll finish in an afternoon.

Action games that dip into

Fite me fgt

Your post
I didn't spent a cent and you don't even know what game i'm talking about.

wew you are not kidding about poor life choices

Pretty sure he was talking about Dragon's Dogma and pretty sure he was just talking about the performance

Japanese Minecraft?

My bad then

Pretty much

but its not at all like minecraft fam. Its a action RPG, They gimmick is you level up by building towns, but otherwise its a Dragon Warrior game.

the*

I'm talking about DD, I've never played EDF. I've heard good things about it, but jesus christ the devs sure are greedy kikes.

DLC is fucking useless garbage
Only decent ones are the map ones

Don't forget, you can micropay™ for more block types! Isn't that just neatorni™?

With just the map packs that's still 74 dollarydoos for the "complete" version of a port of a 3 year old game. That's fucking ridiculous, user.

I'll pick it up if they ever stop being such greedy pigs and release a GOTY edition with all of the DLC for ~$20.

I still have the cracked version sitting uninstalled on my desktop

Still spend way too much time building custom suits

I havent bought the DLC
Im waiting for a sale
Bought the game at launch for 35 yurobucks.
Worth every cent.

Bet you havent even played it yet Fatlus goon

Japs not welcome

Is it better than other recent SMTs?

Released last year. CS II was released this year in the west.

The people or the games?

I enjoyed it more than SMT 4 Final Apocalypse if that's what you're asking.

Hey, you never know, what I've seen looks a hell of a lot better than P3 and P4

The people

Good thing I'm not Jap. And from the battles, to the story, to the characters, the daily life stuff, to the waifus it's better than 3 and especially 4.

Let me put forth no one has even considered yet: They'll push Quantum Break through as GOTY to further this stupid fucking trend.

Beyond that I'll guess either Dark Souls 3, Battlefield 1 or Doom.

these are not my picks, this is what I think will be picked

just realized that the only 2016 release I played was Dragon's Dogma, which is a fucking port of a 2012 game

so, I guess Dragon's Dogma is my GOTY so far

Pic related for me. I don't understand why Holla Forums pretends this series doesn't exist. Underrail was pretty good, too.

I have no fucking clue what my pick for 2016 is. There were some okay games, but overall everything has been pretty mediocre.

Dragon's Dogma was about 30 hours of okay gameplay. Holla Forums hyped it to hell and back and I expected something amazing. I got a pretty mediocre Skyrim but in third person, with more awful brown and bloom than I've seen in any other game. Seriously that game looks like shit.

Overwatch is okay for a TF2 ripoff. It's like TF2 but doesn't have a shit engine, has more than four total colors in its palette and I'm not stuck playing with autistic bronies in every server.

Stardew Valley is nice, but I got bored by the first fall of the first year. It's missing something, but I don't know what that something is.

Mankind Divided was forgettable filler. I put 40 hours into that game and remember maybe like one of it.

Nothing really needs saying about Doom 4. At least, I fucking hope not.

I didn't even bother getting EDF, since it's another game that Holla Forums seems to jizz all over themselves with, and is probably another Dragon's Dogma scenario.

Current_Year wasn't a bad year, but it definitely wasn't a good one.

So you beat it four or five times?

I didn't even beat it.

I played it on the hardest difficulty and took my time playing through it. I was going for a full nonlethal ghost/completionist run, and I also gimped myself on a few augs so I couldn't just easymode through everything.

By the time I got to the murder mystery, I had that sinking realization that I didn't really give a shit to see what happened. I haven't touched it since.

Who invited the shills?

DQB is probably the best AAA title this year so far, but that really isn't saying much. It's super easy, but it does have some interesting things. I liked the way the boss fights were handled.

i dont think so:
battlefleet gothic came out with
you also had many gameplay video

and space hulk
>you gotta pre order or you wont get the 15th weapon that we ripped from the game(who btw is a lore weapon)
and the game is out in 1 month and still not gameplay preview, only trailer …
i smell evolve syndrom: fun game for 2-3 hour tops and them repetitive and boring as fuck.

(my hype went down with the announce of the pre order pack)

nb: this aint BS: why woudl focus go back to a toxic pre order marketing when they nail it with battlefleet gothic ?
my guess is that the game wont be as good as you think, so better cash in because review arrived

holy shit i just wrote like a mexican

nb: did i mention that they went to 5 skill tree down to 3 because now skill are integrated to your weapon? thats less customization for you:
now two user of thunder hammer will be the same. whereass if you had still melee and range skill tree you could have one with special move if he maxed out thunder hammer in his melee tree.

Hands down my goty.

really subjective, considering the first playthrough is about 30 hours and there is a lot to do and unlock

for an Indie game this game is loaded with content and gameplay. sasuga Taiwan

Another Metroid 2 Remake

SMT: Final

But that game is awful. Dagda a bro though.

thats from 2015.

what the fuck do you think you're doing?
Get the fuck out of here

It's pretty ok, honestly. I liked the revamped battle system more than 4, but hated the story. I don't really play SMT games for the story anyway. I play for atmosphere and press turn fiend fights. That being said, the only decent atmosphere in Final is the massacre route. Bonds can suck my dick.

Wait are you really trying to say the Golem was a good boss fight? 12 Cantlin shields and he can't do shit

you're supposed to make more than one?

The game implies you should make an extra one or two but there's nothing stopping you from putting one in every one of the golem's attack lanes

not a shill but its actually very fun. its basically dark cloud but you build the houses similarly to minecraft. instead of a randomly generated dungeon you have a reasonably sized world to explore. you basically build this little RPG town and build the town using what you find while exploring. its not just 1 long game, its broken up into levels. each with 4 areas. 3 of which require teleporters (which are given by getting to a certain part in the missions)
each level goes like this.
you arrive at a destroyed town and plant a beacon. people see the beacon and start heading for your town and living there. you do missions for the villagers and work towards a goal ending with a boss battle. once you defeat the boss the town is saved and you move on to a new area and find a new destroyed town and build it from the ground up with the help of the villagers and so on.

Gotta Protectors or Planet Robobot for me.
Getting and Hacking a 3DS was the best decision I did this year.

Who do you main in Gotta? I do Amazon.

Mainly archer, but sometimes mage.
Archer is kinda shitty until mid-late game, though.

agreed

Came here to post and .

Vid related is my favorite part of any game this year, and Owlboy is just too damn pretty to not enjoy. Rabi-ribi has far better gameplay but it's still like picking a favorite child between the two.

furi
The Jailer is the key. Kill him, and you will be free.

i m playing it right now, to bad the spells don t feel that powerfull compare to the description

I found most abilities in that game to feel really underwhelming

It had a pretty neat mechanic.
You didn't actually waste time doing this, did you? You can easily just use one and stop him. The person in the video sucked pretty bad, it's not as hard as it looks.

I'd say my GOTY would probably go to Rabi-ribi like a few people in here. It's so hard to find good 2d platformers/metroidvanias these days. I'll take anything in that vein, bullet hells included or not.

However, there's another game that stands out to me as being GOTY material, it just isn't complete yet. Crosscode. It's really quite amazing to find something that looks this good in pixels these days, and I really enjoy the combat system. The story is pretty interesting so far as well. Also the music is so comfy it's to die for, in a maplestory sort of way. If you haven't heard of it before i'd give it a try, but like I said it's not done yet, currently early access on steam. I don't know if anyone has pirated it yet, but if you don't want to buy the game on steam to try it out, there's also a demo on their website.

Reading back on this it looks like I'm shilling crosscode, but whatever, I think it's a great game