Discucked 2

early impressions of Dishonored 2? The first one was a relatively fun game, although it was pretty short. Do you all think it will be more of the same, or tainted by gender politics or other issues.

i don't know if i'll give it a try personally

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!5oZRUCZa!sZockA7wKPLnmvjCRJl7acY_0EFJro0kqIGCfIPsSGQ
archive.is/Gqexp
ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141188
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Special:Ask/-5B-5BCategory:Games-5D-5D-20-5B-5BUses-20DRM::Denuvo-20Anti-2DTamper-5D-5D/-3FDeveloped-20by/-3FPublished-20by/-3FRelease-20date/-3FAvailable-20on/format=template/limit=100/template=DRM-20list-2Frow/introtemplate=DRM-20list-2Fintro/outrotemplate=DRM-20list-2Foutro#
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored_2
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_DRM-Free_Games_on_Steam
thelastdoor.com/
clyp.it/dvnl3yb3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll eventually torrent it and if it's anything like the original I'll get some kicks over muh stalky stabby fetish.
Here's hoping they didn't fuck it up too badly.

odds are it will be more casual than before with politics shitting up the place.

politics are bad mmkay

I heard it had denuvo. If that is true, that is all you need to know about the game.

im curious as to how different the routes will be whether or not you pick corvo or emily. Knowing the trend of most games it will probably be almost the exact same.

I'd expect shallow and tied over with dlc(s). Probably a power difference or two and maybe a few minor dialogue changes.

Sorry for triggering (you).

i never bothered with the DLCs for the first one, but i heard from some people that they were actually pretty good

at least in terms of DLC

Except for Trials of Dunwall, the Daud DLCs are fantastic.

why?

I assume because it built on the original campaign. Daud was an interesting character and his antics helped some of Corvos shit to make sense.
The levels were also better.

Daud is a better protagonist than Corvo, with a more interesting personal story (the DLC happens between the events in the prologue of the maiin game and the rest of the game after Corvo breaks out). The level design is top notch, I'd say better than the main game. If I remember correctly, there are 3 missions per DLC (Knife of Dunwall, and Brigmore Witches), but each of them is pretty long. And finally, they added more nonlethal gadgets, which the game sorely lacked in.

interesting

I wonder how much DLC ((Bethesda)) pumps out this time.

probably a lot

The trials were boring "do this level in 2 minutes", but daud was fun, had new powers and enemies, and a campaign that honestly made more sense.

Daud is amazing, 1000000000 times a better protagonist compared to Corvo.

Hell i even liked the trials ok.
They were kinda interesting and actually forced you to use mechanics that are in the game, but you never really use in the main game.

Dishonored is actually such a fun game, it's such a shame that it's absolutely doomed on Holla Forums between thief fans shitting on everything and everyone else shitting on any game by default.

I'm not ashamed of the hours I've put into this game.

I saw a TV ad for it with zero gameplay so it's guaranteed to be a piece of shit.

Denuvo has been added to this game unfortunately.

hasn't Denuvo already been cracked though

You are not…dishonored?

Gonna sit this one out then, unfortunately. I've had enough bad experience with one Denuvo game.

Dishonored 1 had poor stealth gameplay and story but a great setting and atmosphere, and solid combat.

The DLC improved on story and had a likeable protagonist, but introduced female combatants which was really jarring.

From trailers I've seen it looks like Dishonored 2 is keeping the absurd, immersion-breaking "scrawny females that hit just as hard as big musclebound thugs" bullshit.

==WHY IS THIS FUCKING GAME SO EASY FUCKING NORMALFAGS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE==

nice try newfag

leave

Because if a game is hard, butthurt shitters will whine about it everywhere as though the developers personally went to their house, shot their dog, broke their legs, and raped their sister and now they have a personal vendetta against the game. As was the case with EYE.

I was somewhat interested until this showed up. Not going to bother.

I will not support publishers for pushing restrictive, intrusive and potentially detrimental DRM on me.

I want it to be good, but I know deep inside that it won't.
The first one was awesome in terms of level design and A E S T H E T I C, but it fell flat on its face as a -stealth- game.
It gives you too much information on the screen, has no audio design what so ever, and you play a flawless God that can just walk by guards without them noticing you. The lack of depth when it comes to guards cone of visions, such as there being no nuance in the cover of the dark, or how their vision is attached to their bodies, rather than heads.

It's going to be a great slaughter simulator, however, provided the empress is a fun character to play.
But nobody plays Dishonored to go on a murderous rampage. There are better games for that.

shit i fucked up, but i really dont know why
guess i pressed enter by mistake

well it still remains to be seen if the game is good or not, and given that it is [current year] chances are it won't. I won't be losing sleep over it if it is bad, but if it just so happens to be amazing then I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and miss out.

i actually think the game is really easy, did you play it? if you use the magic powers it's super easy

Discucked is something this game will never be.

Dishonored is predatory stealth.
It's like Tenchu, you kill everyone without being seen.
Does anyone here even remember Tenchu anymore?

not saying it isn't easy, I am saying the other user needs to get out.

I did and it does that really well. Although I usually felt bad about killing the old grandfather-looking officers.

im the same one you fag

There is no point in assassinating everyone from the shadows when it's more efficient to do it gunz'n daggers blazing.

That's a self imposed handicap, if anything.

I don't care. Denuvo is a deal breaker. Can be a legit GOTY, I will skip it anyway. Got to stick with your principles if you want them to mean anything, not drop them as soon as it may hurt a little.

then why are you saging half your posts, and putting the flag on and off? Also get out.

I like the stab and magic powers

is good gameplay

will pirate

user, that is exactly what I said in my post.

because the posts im saging are unrelated to the thread, also the flag was on from an older thread and i forgot to take it off, sorry, i'll leave now

Swell. I feel vindicated knowing there are more people out there that won't buy Denuvo games.
Still gonna pirate it once it's inevitably cracked though. I just wanna sightsee the setting.

PLease post more

I'll probably get it when its 80% off.

I actually think it looks worse than the original, because now there are robots because ???, and instead of whale oil it's all windmills which is weird because the whales were so integral to the magic stuff in the first I don't know how it's gonna tie in now. Maybe that's why elizabeth or whatever her name is has weird smokey powers instead of corvo's blue zappy powers.

What SJW shit got shoved into it?

Maybe Gristol has the monopoly on whale oil processing technologies - after all, Roseburrow might have managed to keep the secrets from leaking out.

Denuvo has been added to this game unfortunately.

They know how to crack it but it still takes time

making the main character elizabeth for virtually no reason, and I'm pretty sure one of the devs said she was gay, also for no reason save for virtue signalling. Other than that, nothing that seems to impact the game too much, as you can just play as corvo anyway.

This is what Holla Forums has turned into

I don't know. We lack the insight to ponder the world we're set to explore. But what's unforgivable, however, is the way they added VO for Corvo.

-Never- has it been a good idea to had a voice to characters meant to be mute.

It did not work for Dead Space. It did not work for any of the Bioware games. And I honestly can't think of a single good example of it.

I'm happy they did that. Daud was better than Corvo in large part because he wasn't a mute puppet.

No, Daud was better because we were actually given insight into his backstory.

But the thing is Daud was an actual character before, and him being mute would be bizarre since he already talked to us in the main story. Corvo however is a blank slate like gordon freeman or link, and because they added a shitty moral choice system, his actions are supposed to be our own. But now he suddenly has free will and his own opinions, where he was supposed to be us before. They could do it right, but they already have a mark off because they are thrusting a character on to that which previously had none, and just decided "I don't like being mute anymore".

Once I saw that they couldn't figure out a way to give Corvo character outside of a unshaven, grizzled fuck who still hadn't come to terms with the death of Jessamine, I lost hope. Corvo's been in the royal scene for years being a royal bodyguard, he doesn't give a shit about personal hygiene? Emily is either an adult, or young adult by now, and he isn't emotionally mature/stable enough to come to terms with Jessamine's death? I get it mate, she was basically your unofficial wife and anyone'd be sad, but for fucks sake don't you have anything else to your life?

The fact that Arkane couldn't figure out a way to make Corvo an interesting and believably character without making him grizzled, angsty hero #521562161 proves they got fucking nothing.

The game could have had a great political plot, with Corvo pulling the strings one way or another in other to alter the events of the story, instead we got what we got, wasted potential m8

Give me solid proof of this please. So far all I'm seeing is assumptions.

He said gender politics, not that it would be bad because of a female character.

even still. I saw no indication of this in the trailer. Just a chick stabbing people. I mean if it does have all that then yes, fuck that shit, but I haven't seen much evidence of this

First one was shit
this one will be shit too

check my 5
/thread

That's why he posed the question in the first place, it's not so much due to the fact we might see it in the game itself or not, but the fact there is a female character being actively advertised as one of the game's selling points means that some unsavory groups might rally to push an agenda through the game's story and characterization.

Man those shorts are top-notch except for the last one, since pierro is a faggot, wish they've made more of them though

Kill your self lad, check my trips before you go.

this fam

The first one was dogshit with no challenge at all and brain-dead """stealth"""
Add to it retarded elements like the outsider and you've got yourself a horrible game, fam.
Dishonored 2 won't be any different.

Arkane is dead, alas, such is the fate of all studios who agree to be swallowed by (((zenimax)))

The devs actually took on board complaints about the game being too easy and made the DLC harder than the base game.

Well shit, I found this and it seems like they certainly added new mechanics. The only problem I have with this is emily's chain ability makes it seem like you could just go around clearing rooms with no effort. Also yes I know
but make a webm if it booty bothers you so much.

the problem with Dishonored is that playing non-lethal is too boring and playing lethal is too easy

the gameplay makes rather stale use of the tools you have since only Blink, Possession and Time Stop are valid powers for non-lethal playthroughs, and even then all three serve the purpose of getting by unnoticed, despite being three wildly different powers they will be used for the same purpose if you play non-lethally

there's more than enough resources to kill two countries if you play lethally, on top of enemies being rather easy to kill using all the powers and mana potions you have, the only threatening thing is their numbers. Yet going on on a murderspree is the most fun you can have with this game, because it's the only way you can use all your powers to their fullest extent. But the difficulty doesn't really encourage you to switch tactics. It's like playing a really boring multiplayer shooting game and then managing to turn it into a game of football with your friends because the decapitated heads of enemies can be kicked around. The only fun you'll have with Dishonored is what you'll make of it.

I like how the word cuck has lost all meaning whatsoever.

let me rephrase that, Dishonored is more of a sandbox game in the vein of Deus Ex an FarCry 1, but unlike those games there's no reason to fear death

whatever tactics you pull off feel rather unsatisfying because of how OP you are to begin with, unless you manage to pull off impressive shit like in video related which undoubtedly took several hundred tries to look good

Kinda solved in the DLC, where they give you more tools for that stuff.

The biggest problem however is still the difficulty. The game throws mostly regular guards at a supernatural assassin, that makes the whole game piss easy. When you visit Daud's base and see his henchmen using Outsider Powers, that should be the start of a ramp up in your foes power, but instead it soon goes back to regular guards.

Again, the DLC solved this with different and harder enemies that made some cheesing techniques unviable and the game was much more fun that way.
Hopefully they carry that over to Dishonored 2.

First one was pretty mediocre, if they improved on it ill be interested but really
HAH

They already completely fucked up on a story front by having us play as Emily. She's a princess and Corvo's actions were meant to shape her own, we already know what her story is supposed to be and she never struck me as le strong and independent womyn who stabs and kills.

All of the gameplay they've shown has been entirely action focused, with powers that are even dumber and more OP than Dishonered 1. Couple that with the fact that the debs have given some pretty pozz answers to questions in interviews and you've got a recipe for shit.

How generous of them, if you want proper challenge just buy dlc, goy.

How so? Corvo is a silent protagonist with barely any story. He's a blank slate. Daud in the MC is le gritty and edgy assassin with magical powers. In the DLC I couldn't even bear finishing the first level because he was reeking with so much angst that every 13 year old started cutting their hands in 10 km radius and I was completely deafened by ambulance sirens.

Distumblrd 2 can fuck off to the bin.

Arms. The experience was that traumatic.

this shit is never impressive. literally anyone could do it with mods to give infinite mana. 90% of it is "wOw hE BLinkS aLl oVEr tHA PLaCE WOWOWOWOW"

I fucking wish, here's hoping mods will exist in 2, even though I'll have to wait for denuvo to get cracked.

you know whats not impressive? your analysis.
literally anybody could do it with mods to give infinite autism. 90% of it is "WoW I'm SuCh A No FuN GaY WoWoWoWoooWoWWWW"

but user you already have infinite autism

thus my super clever analysis of your post

Corvo was already an actual character. He has a history, intoned personality, interactions that are meant to be meaningful with multiple characters, and so on. Everything outside the actual gameplay (especially the end cutscene) implies that Corvo can speak, they just didn't implement it in game because it takes some degree of finesse.

It was boring as fuck.
Also why make a game about Corvo and Emily?
The ending of Dishonored pretty much finished their story; Emily becomes the empress with Corvo as her protector until he eventually dies years later.
They should've just made the protagonist a new character instead of reusing these two blank slates.

Or! Or! Or is it because it's a shit pseudo stealth game for casual normalfags who are too retarded to play an actual stealth game.

>>>/reddit/

You can thank cuckchan refugees for that.

It's become Holla Forumss favourite buzzword just like how tumblrinas call people misogynistic racist for disagreeing with them.

Yeah I should change the filename to 'Check 'em'.

What would be good reasons/examples for making characters gay?

i had fun with it because its the closest thing to a new jedi knight game

nothing

Im still trying to come up with a reason why to include sexuality in vidya at all. Aside from some very small dialogue changes I cant come up with shit

Same as everything else: a writer wanting to tell some kind of story. If you're making a twitch shooter, then no, you don't need sexuality or any depth to anything at all, beyond gameplay. Otherwise everything depends on the direction the writer wants to take.

No, they did not. If you actually played the first one and found her mother's message or paid attention to her dreams, you'd know Emily has already been touched by the Outsider Kek from a young age. Her being a character now in a world where only one person is on her side makes for a very interesting story.

Whats the story?

mega.nz/#!5oZRUCZa!sZockA7wKPLnmvjCRJl7acY_0EFJro0kqIGCfIPsSGQ

Can you fuck her? If not, it's a shit story, period.

AKA, the perfect Mary Sue for a self-insert faggot. How can he be considered a good character or even a character at all, when he displays none?

If you think that, you need to read the diaries in the main game and do a few more missions on his DLC. He comes across as "an assassin with a conscience", not gritty and edgy.
His entire story is about him reflecting on the consequences of his actions and how reckless he may have been, as well as delving into a personnal story he had with a Witch.
These "I played for 5 minutes so I can make an accurate assumption about the whole game" are plain retarded.

I downloaded it, know what?

Cuckhold detected.

Gender politics are always bad.

Haven't played it, so I dunno. Depends on her position in the world, if she's still officially in charge or not.
But an heir to the crown, touched by the Outsider, trying to keep her kingdom together while fighting against all the powers that want a piece of the rotten pie?
That's a fun story.

Come on now.

now you change your credit card passwords

fairly certain it's not a virus, I opened it in notepad and it seemed legit.

Incredibly casual game made by and for the modern AAA audience.

I unironically enjoyed Dishonored, probably because I didn't expect it to be Thief. I do agree it was too easy. As far as the sequel goes, I'm just going to wait and watch some gameplay footage after release, I don't expect there will be much useful to glean either way from Holla Forums threads on this one.

Did you try the pompously called Ultimate Difficulty mod?

No I haven't. Is it any good?

Didn't really try it. I was just aware it existed and planned to try it whenever I got around to a serious playthrough of Dishonored.

PCGamer did an article on it.
archive.is/Gqexp

The thing about difficulty in stealth games, is that it requires full overhauls, which I doubt a mod could fix. For example, making enemies immune to certain tactics, adding new security devices, or changing the map to make it harder to just blink around.

Interesting, although
Maybe I'll just have a go at tinkering with it myself.

Oh, I don't disagree, I hate the current state of stealth gameplay that is either too easy or just one long string of savescumming.

What I liked about MGSV is that the enemy actually tried to counter your playstyle. Pity the rest of the game was piss easy, or that most other games didn't follow its example.

Be sure to share with the rest of us if you cook up something interesting.

No stealth games have come close to beyond mediocre since the Thief games.

Reminder that Dishonored was supposed to be a standalone game. I do not trust a forced sequel to be good.

Probably it's (((current year))), I won't even buy it until it's on super special because the dlc will probably be better than the main game again. Also (((Denuvo)))

Fixed

Just going through the list of what this mod fixes…
> ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141188

It is utterly fucking ridiculous what Zenimax did to Arkane's game.

Fucking unoptimized piece of shit.

I liked the first one. You're way OP'd but it was still fun.

are fucking dumb? or did you just misspell?

Yeah I meant recommended sorry.

in that case
WHAT THE FUCK
and that's not even covering the ludicrous cards they recommend.

I went through it twice, I'm well aware of the fact that she's been 'touched' by the Outsider. This does not change the fact that we saw exactly where her life was going to lead at the end of Dishonored 1.

The story on display in all the media concerning Dishonored 2 is that Emily loses her throne by being usurped by a witch, and has to kill a bunch of people for revenge in order to reclaim it. It's another boring revenge plot with literally zero substance concerning her stance as a princess. Maybe the game will come out and surprise me, but I find that highly unlikely.

Easy there Mr. Totally Not an Arkane Employee, literally none of that appears to be what's actually going to transpire within the game. Maybe there'd be something interesting there if the character switching was more robust and varied, Corvo could play like Dishonored one, sneaking through environments, assassinating, and manipulating the political underworkings of the city for Emily's benefit, whereas playing as Emily could become more of a social stealth simulator that involves warding off assassination attempts, navigating political dealings, and such, but no, we got another boring revenge story where Emily suddenly becomes a super badass.

Jesus fucking Christ, is optimization a thing of the past?

Maybe we'll at least get some decent porn out of the deal.

Dishonored 1 was shit, take your rose-tinted glasses off. Bethesda interfered and fucked it up just like they did The Evil Within and DOOD4. Quit giving those fuckers an inch.

Nice forced meme made by Tumblr spies, you good fucking goy

Also you're trying too hard, newfag. Push your le horseshoe theory face on a board that will buy it.

what the fuck am i reading

What the fuck do Bethesdrones like you even do on Holla Forums? Isn't it emotionally draining HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to shill 24/7?

1060 for RECOMMENDED? Holy shit this industry.

we've reached a point where graphical progress is minimum so the only way to make the good goyim buy new hardware is shit optimization.

I know two "journalists" who played it. They both said it's pretty much the exact same game in terms of gameplay.

Personally that's a no-sell since pure stealth runs were fucking boring in the first one.

But E.Y.E wasn't that hard, even if you placed all the difficulty sliders to the hardest modes.

Dishonored 1 wasn't very good to begin with, unless you happened to be a starved stealthfag.

There is no reason to assume Dishonored 2 will be an improvement.

Deep-seated buyer's remorse. The aren't shilling their shit so much as justify their terrible taste to themselves.

First game was mediocre at best and hardly memorable experience.
Why the hell anyone would want to buy same shit twice?

it was not great, but still better than most games, and playing 100% stealth & pacifist was fun, so I would

Not really, it was pretty much the exact same thing as ninety percent of all the pseudo stealth games coming out, with a tacked on morality system added to the mix.

No it wasn't. It was incredibly dull because the whole game was built around the idea of you stabbing everybody in the face, nearly all of your tools were built for that, enemy AI was so braindead that sneaking was piss easy, so fucking around and murdering them was the only way to squeeze fun out of this shitpile.

This man gets it.

You really should pirate the DLC, many of the enemies there can't be beaten with cheesy tactics and they put quite the pressure on you.
It's literally like they heard the fans complaining about "boring guards are too easy" and made something better for the DLC.
It still isn't terribly hard, they can do better, but it shows they listened and improved. You can even see the same with the non-lethal options.
So I'm optimistic for Dishonored 2, since the DLC was an improvement over the original.

That's because everyone goes playing stealth games expecting a Thief experience and then gets disapointed when it doesn't play 1:1 like Thief.
By the standards those games are judged, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Alpha Protocol and Mark of the Ninja are shit stealth games, despite being very good and fun games.

I really wish people stopped doing this subjective comparison between new but different games to classics and then complain they never get near them when that wasn't even the point.

And that doesn't make it any less or more interesting.

That's not what revenge is, and if it's revenge then I doubt that's the only motive she will have.
It's still a throne usurped by a witch (which should tie in somehow with Dauds story?), a witch with connections to the Outsider that may even be the cause of the plague. How is that not an interesting story?

She's a princess, she's touched by the Outsider and she's fighting other people that rule over her kingdom now. That's exactly what the game is, and mind you, it's a very generic description of it.

Are you sure about that? All you did in such playthrough was neck chokes and sleep darts all the time.
I mean, it's a bit of an harder chalenge, since you have less tools available and can't literally cut down the problems, but not by a large stretch, especially considering you find less enemies in a Low Chaos run.

Please, user. Do show me a list with some of those pseudo stealth games or list a few examples.

Because everytime one comes out, save for rare exceptions, anything related to stealth is optional and either underpowered or broken as fuck or instead all the sneak parts of the game feel more like QTE where you must handle guards in a certain way with a certain tool from a certain angle that you can easily figure out and solve it like a puzzle.

It's not that Dishonored was that good for sure, but very little games feature verticality or freedom like it did. Stealth itself wasn't as fun as going around on the rooftops and looking down to the streets, realizing how far up you are and finding hidden shit there. Or some open buildings where you could jump from the third floor down to the street. Very few games have such freedom of movement and an environment to use it and the only thing I regret was that it wasn't open world.

Wait, how wouldnt it make sense that emily can fight? It seems reasonable that corvo would train her, considering hes probably her dad, and being a near mute, martial training would be the best thing for them to bond, not to mention after the events of the game, he'd realistically want her capable of defending herself, same as kings who used to learn to fight and go to war in the past. Take dragonheart with Dennis Quaid as an example.

Some triggered Holla Forumsmblrina having a tism.

Shill top quality Bethesda™ games. :^)

pol leakage. their pipes are busted because of the elections and the sewage keeps seeping in through the roof.

it'll be good.. r-right guys..?

i heard they might make emily a fucking lezbo and i really hope that isnt true

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Special:Ask/-5B-5BCategory:Games-5D-5D-20-5B-5BUses-20DRM::Denuvo-20Anti-2DTamper-5D-5D/-3FDeveloped-20by/-3FPublished-20by/-3FRelease-20date/-3FAvailable-20on/format=template/limit=100/template=DRM-20list-2Frow/introtemplate=DRM-20list-2Fintro/outrotemplate=DRM-20list-2Foutro#

Yep. Dead on arrival.

Now that I think about it, it's weird that Holla Forums doesn't immidiatly like that idea.
You get to go on a murderous adventure with your own daughteru and teach her all about neckstabs. Plus, she's an abomination and already includes tentacles. What's not to like?
It's kinda what Bioshock Infinite would be if Elizabeth wasn't just a plot device and the powers\guns didn't suck so hard.

Nice link, faggot.

she's not with you though, you play either as her or corvo. It's not like elizabeth where she follows you around.

Got a better one?

There were a lot of people who did find it hard, though, they aren't accustomed to a game that makes you figure shit out on your own.

When in that gameplay video it said something about "switching places" I was kinda expecting it to be Corvo and Emily switching around so you played someone different. Got kinda disappointed, but it's still cool to have clones.
Have they changed at any point when do you change with her? Is it different missions for each one, do you pick a character for a mission, or what?

Considering she was ignored by everyone else and mattered so little for the gameplay, she "follows you around" the same way your guns follow you around.
Except you can throw your guns away and pick new ones when the others try to shoot at you.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored_2
Assuming that's what you intended to show, of course.
You wanted to bitch about DRM, right? It seems like it's Steam only so none.

my expectations are so fucking low I have no interest in even touching this. First person games are garbage

Why does every thread have at least one of these moralfags?

Because theres always at least one jackass that wants to bait others and try and get attention, so he feels important for a moment.

Steam isn't DRM

steam is drm you retards

It's as about as effective as putting a .txt in the game files saying "pls do not pirate" though

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_DRM-Free_Games_on_Steam

we're the same fag, dummy.

delete steam and play your steam games then

goddamn the infestation is deep

It's still DRM, why is this even up for discussion? What the fuck are you guys doing

Steam isn't DRM, steamworks is. Steamworks is also a cloud service for save games and shit.

you are retarded and can't read

I very well could, and go and download the cracks. Not trying to defend anything about steam, but it certainly isn't hard to crack.

no one cares reddit, go shill your shit multiplat service elsewhere

lol

no u

If you need to crack it then it has DRM. Some games don't need that and are DRM free.

Because you don't understand what DRM is. You think needing to log into an account to access the downloads of the game is DRM, which it isn't. DRM is in the game itself or ties its ability boot or access all functions of the game to 3rd party software, has limited 'activations' etc.

You can install Thief from the steam client onto any drive you want, play it and move it around to other drives or another computer after deleting the client.

The presence of steam_api.dll in game's executable folder shows whether there's DRM or not.

these are two different things you inbred mongoloid, kill yourself

Oh, there's a distintion there I guess. Didn't knew they bothered to give it a different name.

I don't think it's that simple, some games might need it only for the multiplayer or to record stats and achievements while still supporting offline play. Ironically, Left4Dead might be an example here.

Lot's of people nitpicking on the definition of DRM. It's DRM alright, but doesn't matter because of how easy it is to crack anyway. It's almost like you pay only if you want which is how things should be

Steam client and DRM are two different things, yes. Congratulations on paying attention.

when someone is saying steam is drm, they mean steamworks. Crying about not calling it steamworks is a point of distraction and these people are redditors who are happy to have killed pc gaming

You mean so easy that you don't even need to crack it at all because there's no DRM to crack? wew

We're not talking about denuvo, you muppet. When Dragon's Dogma leaked, all it took to "crack" it was to copypaste steam_api.dll from a different cracked game, and the game was fully functioning.

Most people don't know the difference or even what steamworks is so saying "steam = DRM" conveys that every game sold on steam has DRM in it which is false. It's not semantics ffs.

Doesn't even know how IDs work or something.

Huge amount of newfags trying to fit by being edgy and spouting words they don't understand. Did cuckchan shit out another load recently or something?

Look user, you can be a dense motherfucker here if you want. But in the end, DRM is fucking pointless and it's definition or form barely matter for this discussion.
The only variable worth talking about DRM is "how long until a crack is available?", everything else is just being pedantic or a demagogue.

Regardless of DRM used, if any was used to begin with, there's a game for sale that you can only legally own if you pay the price the devs asked for it.
If you wish to pay for it, DRM won't be an issue in theory :^) and if you don't want to pay for it, regardless of the DRM used, even if none was used, you're still commiting a crime. If you're okay with that, and I know I am, then go ahead and just pirate it. But in both cases, DRM did not prevented you from playing it.

Unless, of course, you want to play a game without paying for it and without having to crack it as well. In which case there's a plethora of F2P games that might suit your tastes, my HUEHUE friend.

y-you mean s-steam works!! not steam! It's different I promise!

now buy games on steam :^)

Wrong. I've only ever had trouble with DRM from games I've bought. Outside of access to MP servers, they're exclusively a hindered to the paying customer. They've prevented me from playing, kicked me out of sessions mid-game, made my system more vulnerable due to security flaws, prevented me from playing while I was moving or when internet was down and also stopped me from moving the game files around to different computers and drives. I've never had that issue with a pirated game because I cracked the DRM.

Yup, never argued against that. Although I don't pirate because

I am but I'd be wasting my time playing a shitty game. If it was a good game I'd be morally ok with it too but I'd probably want to support good titles so I can see more of them. I'd sooner just launch one of the 100s of good games I own than torrenting Fallout 4.

Tell that to everyone who bought games with DRM bolstered by Denuvo-anti-tamper. HITMAN with closing missions because of shitty servers and Dues Ex preventing quicksaves in an update and per-save DLC (while simultaneously making cheating in single player games pirating due to some content being DLC). A horrible future that I will never again support with my money. I only buy DRM free now or where the DRM is minimal. All the games listed in are absolutely no-buys for me.

Your fault. Cracks aren't illegal, the use of software you're not the owner of is.
You can download and install cracks for any and all games you legally own with no legal repercussion.
Unless you mean Ubisoft\EA games, in which case it's again your own dumb fault for buying their shit.
I also included the spoiler and even the :^) precisely for this shit, let's not be this dense…

I have a Skidrow page bookmarked, I check it sometimes and the amount of "spooky horror survival in desolate location at nightime with no HUD" intertwined with the usual "here's pixels and colors for some bland indieshit take on previous titles with no innovation!" makes me share your opinion.
But I still get to enjoy some few games that aren't that bad and I can even extract some fun out of shit games at no cost.
Reminder that you don't support your favorite games with play time (that's a Pokefag mentality), you do it by buying them.

Shit games by shit companies that had to use Denuvo so people didn't noticed how shit they were before a month had passed at least.
DRM still didn't prevented them from playing, it just made the experience miserable. It's no different than game breaking bugs or removed features, just bullshit companies do that piss people off and should be judged for, but not really an argument for or against DRM. Steam counts as DRM and never really screwed me with the games that needed it since they keep it on a low key.

I'll play it but only if its less easy than the first one and if they made going non lethal less boring.

They are in some places. DRM circumvention is a crime itself depending on how shit your country/state is. And I don't know how it's my fault that I refuse to go to a torrent site full of ads that my ISP already censors and possibly has viruses or shit that will get copyright warnings sent to me and my account put on a list, all to just play a game I already fucking payed for.

I'm aware of that. What made you think I wasn't? In fact I've done it. But these days I prefer to buy games where I don't even have to do that. Otherwise I'm just supporting something I don't like and I can rightfully criticism DRM in that title or by that publisher since I've pretty much said "Yes more of this please."

I steam family share with a few people. I've played tons of games (legally) for nothing. Hell one of them was DRM free and I can still play it even if the library is in owner's use or they revoke access. The fucking support documents in the game files reference GOG. Someone fucked that up. I always say I'm willing to pirate a game to demo it out but I've never actually done it. Got too many games I've actually bought to get around to. Who knows, maybe I'll do it when I fear for a game's performance and I want to benchmark it or some shit.

HITMAN doesn't even seem THAT bad. They just linked the guts of it to online. Episodic is also not as cancer when done right and I think out of many game series, HITMAN was probably fit for it. But they literally could've done it with none or less DRM. But they didn't. And that's why it's cancer. Games are bad because they use Denuvo and denuvo in turn seems to attract bad games. Cancer begets cancer. Although there's handful of not completely-shit denuvo blacked games. I'll still never buy them, though. Not after the first denuvo game I ever bought (hence how I know how shit all of this is)

So why buy it at this point? Outside of MP servers of course

To me, it is. I bought Witcher 3 and that got lots of updates, pretty gud expansion passes. No DRM in sight (although some galaxy fuckery that I won't get into now). Why would I accept anything less now? I've been buying so few games as of late because they're always ALWAYS fucking it up with some dumb shit like denuvo. I'm allowed to fucking judge companies and have standards.

If the title has steamworks yes it counts as DRM. Unless you're trying to say my copy of Thief has DRM in it? Because I would really like to see the evidence of where it is or what it does.

I will never get cucks like you, enjoy getting the dick deep from gay ben

You're pretty retarded aren't you?

So the reason first stated for not using it is debunked (but still plenty of reasons to not want to use it) and instead of giving new reasons or just shutting the fuck up because who cares, all you can come up with is

buzzwords

Such as?

Right, right. I keep forgetting there's new people every day showing up on the internet, all lost, not knowing where to go or what's safe and what isn't.

Here's the thing. There are sites specifically for the crack when you don't want to download the whole game, sites that are perfectly legal. I recommend megagames.com, find their Fixes section, it usually does the trick.
You are also free to download by torrents any game you already own, it's not different than making a spare copy, also legal by the law.

Also, navigating the Internet without AdBlock is straight impossible, nice try but you can't trick me. Get it and stop caring about most ads. Ads also don't have viruses. The sites they link to do so don't click them to begin with. Dodging fishy sites is as easy as getting Adblock or applying common sense.

Define "done right".
Because "done right" these days seem to be "let's release a full game that would only fetch 60$ in 5 parts at 20$ each and nobody will notice".
Alternatively, it's also "Hey, you liked that game? You want to see what happens next? Fuck you, wait 3 months and pony up more cash". It's hype-on-a-box and so similar to F2P model of "start with free shit then you can pay to see the rest" that I wonder how can people be fooled by it.

To support the artists you like. That should be the only reason anyone should ever have or need to pay for their games.

Canada

I KNEW what was good and safe. Now it's all changed and I don't give a shit anymore because

You really haven't been keeping up with things, have you?

Reminder that my ISP censors a ton of sites they don't like. To bypass this i have to use the Tor browser (which isn't even that secure anymore). This has no adblocking. Literally 3 popups with loud audio, can't close them, java fucking everywhere. You have no idea how bad it is so don't try and tell ME how things are without adblocking software because I know all too well

DRM free and for a gameplay style that suites it.

Getting more and more levels and missions in hitman is what the fans (me included) have ALWAYS wanted. I wouldn't mind paying 10 per handful of stages and missions instead of 60 upfront with no possibly of any more content.

Unfortunately the actual result we got is a DRM nightmare and overpriced. It actually costs more to buy each episode/season individually because they have a higher price individually than packaged or 'season pass'. Completely fucking removing any financial incentive to go along with it that way.

That's done wrong. Witcher 3 expansions were done right. Tons of high quality content, completely new assets/voice acting and fairly priced. DRM free.

Main-story being tied to episodic is not my thing personally but there's nothing wrong with it. Although releasing it divided might seem like a better way for people to see if they like it first, or spend money slowly when they have it. thelastdoor.com/ did it ok I think.

For me I'm more interested in gameplay content being episodic. I'm excited for CDRP's Cyberpunk game (also wary of how casual it might turn out to be). If it has an open world with as much detail and intrigue as TW3, I totally wouldn't mind a good base game with strong mechanisms, tons of locations to explore but with 'quests', (mainly sidequests that CDRP is better at than main) being added over time that I could buy. It's not that I want the game to be cut up, I just want more of the game. if I could buy more Witcher 3 sidequests I would.

If only it were that simple niggah. Look at the bigger picture. I can donate to the artists directly if I wanted. Paterons and such all over the place these days. I'm looking to support the PRODUCT. To not only let the developers know but the publishers too and in turn the whole industry that YES I WANT THIS KIND OF THING. I want it packaged in this way, with this level of quality, delivered on this platform and at this price. I think TW3 was the biggest punch to DRM we've ever seen but it wasn't enough and it seems we need more of that kind of pushback. And I'll be supporting it the whole way as long as the games are good.

If I buy a game with strong DRM I'm supporting something I'm really against and I'd rather avoid that.

redditspacing
it's just a joke user don't make a wall of text for me too

drm circumvention is technically illegal but not enforced. your isp giving away user info without a warrant is illegal and enforced.

Except that knowing exactly where the story and character are going to end up removes any and all tension or intrigue that could result.

Someone does you wrong, so you take them out as payback, seems an awful lot like revenge to me you stupid fuck.

Are you new to fiction in general? An evil witch usurping a throne is essentially fantasy plot 101.

Except anything that could be mildly interesting about the premise doesn't seem to actually be in the plot at all. From what we've seen Kaldwin gets her throne stolen and is essentially reduced back to peasant status. Mark my fucking words the minute the throne gets stolen you will do nothing interesting politically at any point throughout the rest of the story.

I enjoyed Dishonored 1. I also only spent 7 bucks on it years after it came out and I figure I'll do the same for Dishonored 2. So ask again in 2-3 years when the GOTY version is 7 bucks during a winter sale.

I will say this though, I enjoyed the branching nuances the game creates depending on your actions.

I never had a problem playing as a girl until the recent push of this made up drama about no female protagonists being in video games.

Thanks to feminists, Im a mysoginist now.

really made me think.

They couldn't make it any more obvious even if they tried.
At least the populi is waking up and taking a stand, even if it the shills are trying to make it look as if the masses are for DRM.

Check the Tekken 7 forums. There was some serious denuvo shills around there for a while. Still some remnants left but the actual fans reacted pretty strongly to that cancer. The FGC is the last fucking audience that needs DRM in their games. They're the most dedicated fucking customers around who love supporting their games. Fuck everything.

cheat engine

I bet you like "retro" games as well you fucking pleb

M-maybe it'll be okay?

I don't understand why this game even pretends to be a stealth game.

Volound is that you?

Why didn't they have it so the ending is determined by how much you used your magic?

That would actually have made a shit load more sense, your magic comes from a actual being of chaos, of course things are more likely to go to shit if you abused the fuck out of it, and the gameplay distinction when your choose to not use magic is so much more significant than if you choose shoot to shoot a guy with sleep darts or regular crossbow bolts.

Of course the sequel is more than likely to be doing the overrated "pacifism" meme again. Game developers need to learn that pacifism routes are only impressive the game hasn't been specifically designed to accommodate them.

Because a lot of the people you can kill are politicians/nobles and shieeet so killing folks like that would cause "chaos" in the city
I guess?

Chaos is basically just how much the rat plague spreads. More corpses means more rats means more plague means more guards to keep control of the quarantine.

Christ you autistic fucktards.

My brother liked Dishonored 1 because it was possible to play it like a DMC with blink instead of trickster game.

Does 2 provide the same experience? Be as brutal as you want.

The Outsider didn't seem to really care about what was going on, only about how Corvo dealt with it. He's more of an observer to the ending than someone who plays a key part in it, so using his powers shouldn't matter at all.

Probably. They said in E3 they wanted to buff stealth and whatnot, but my guess is that they just made more action powers.

Because the ending comes from the plague eating everyone alive, the plague that's spread with the rats, the rats that feed on the multiple corpses you make.
That's why corpses = chaos, not just magic.

Honestly, it would have been a nicer system if hiding or handling corpses made them not count towards Chaos or if the plague was something you could manipulate to kill people from afar.
Better yet, the more magic you use, the more weird shit happens that often ends up killing people, giving you more bodies to handle.

So you spend the whole game neckstabbing people left and right. And the whole time you keep thinking to yourself "Golly gee, ain't this nice? Look at his head going!"
And yet when the game tells you "a lot of people died because of your actions", suddendly you have a problem with it?

It's not "worse" or "bad", it's high chaos. It's the ending where every fucker dies with the plague if you haven't got to him first and Emily herself makes sure to back you up and rule with an iron fist.
It's arguably a better ending when you consider the massive amount of faggots that surround her.

Considering Emily looks to be some sort of shadow tentacle monstrosity, it seems so. Lot's of freakish powers to murder shit left and right, seems it's going that way.

To be honest, I enjoy that side of the gameplay but I hope they don't forget the non-lethal part and the sneak too, those are great as well. Both were improved in the DLC, I hope they learned their lesson and do even better.

Did anyone here play it yet? I see positive reviews on Steam

So I just watched the first ten or so minutes of a walkthrough of the game, and holy fuck is it bad.

Jesus, if the opening is this bad, how awful is the rest of the game going to be?

OK, gonna watch the rest now.

Also:

Theyre all under herr control as of that moment. IT gets explained later.

But I neither said nor implied that. Looks like you got triggered hard though, casual.

I know this is on console but wew

Apparently mouse sensitivity changes depending on where you're standing.

oh god what the fuck

Also aim assist turns itself on whenever the game starts, so I've heard.

Average "gamer", everyone

I wan 2 fug emily

3 minutes into the game and Emily gets usurped. What the fuck?

Gotta pander to the ADD-ridden consolefag market as much as possible.

I wish I saved that Peter Hines image.

The writer is a anti gger cant remember her name though.

Steven Russel sounds so bored
Gruff Garret sound awful

Splinter Cell.

It's an objective one actually, as a stealth game Thief is better than Dishonored in every way. It's a shame that over a decade later newer games cannot be better than old ass fucking PC games. That alone makes this game trash.

I am.

It's one of my go-to easy as shit games to play when I'm piss drunk and want to fuck with some guards.

The Daud DLC were pretty fucking good.

Dishonored 1 was also too easy, I finished it without killing anyone and never being seen on my first playthrough. It was fun but not worth 80$.

BETHESDA GAME

That's the very definition of Subjective, trying to make up some scale where you use Thief as the center point to compare everything else doesn't change that.

And besides, you're over generalizing here, calling both games "a stealth game". What does that even mean?
Thief is certainly better at playing out the sneaking and the thieving, but assassinations are another part of stealth that Thief does horribly compared to Dishonored.
You might even want to compare the Rope Arrow to the Agility passive power combined with Blink and suddendly Dishonored has much more freedom of movement than Thief does.

Seriously, stop comparing games with incredibly broad categories like "stealth games", it serves no purpose. Makes as much sense as complaining about Deus Ex not being a good FPS because Quake is so much better in the shooting department and it's fair to compare both because they are both "FPS games"

Bethesda's the publisher, Arkane is the company that made the game.
Might want to check facts before jumping on that wagon.

The first Dishonored had two things going for it:

1. The world they built. It was pretty unique and the art direction was A+

2. The smooth-as-fuck movement. Once you learned the controls (easy) and got most of the agility powerups, you felt like a fucking snake slithering through the city. Smooth like butter.

But it was piss easy and barely a stealth game at all. More like a sandbox with an OP player. And there was no specialization at all. You could be a "sneaky" ninja one second and an unstoppable battle tank the next.

Also, why the FUCK is Emily suddenly an unstoppable supernatural killer? Corvo was at least semi-believable. He was a soldier/spy and had spent his entire life training in one way or another. But you're telling me Emily just suddenly became this killer? Where did she find the time to train while she was running the fucking country? Apparently she is a lesbian now, too, because that is so integral to the plot of a 'stealth' game.

And they added even more of those skinny-beanpole "grrrl power!" women who can stand up to a guy literally twice their size? They would get fucking crushed no contest. The men in that world are built like brick houses.

They took something that had potential and watered it down even more, then shoehorned in agendas to make it more appealing to the masses. Like fucking always.

jesus christ. i don't know why i expected anything different.

You want to actually try sourcing that?

Mouse Sensitivity Can be adjusted between 0 and 100, but no option to use raw input. Mouse speed is affected by framerate.

Well steam reviews are "mixed", which means that by Holla Forums standards it's garbage. Most of the complaints seem to be performance and shit like you can't even disable motion blur. Well that's 60 dollars I won't be tempted to put down on denuvo'd consolized garbage. I really wanted to like it but shit these are some egregious flaws on just a technical level, not even touching gameplay yet

what, post proof nigga

will we at least get some decent rule 34

you know the drill

What a decline

That's not what you should be ashamed of though…

JUST BUY THE LATEST HARDWARE YOU BAD GOY

wait, what's wrong with that? it's not like you can change the core game after it's released you early access scum..

This though is hilarious..
clyp.it/dvnl3yb3

That is fucking disgusting

how is the latest mid range GPU not able to run new game at highest details ? and he is not even trying to play it in 4k

Unbelievable

What the…?

Who optimized this piece of crap that a MOTHERFUCKING GTX 1080 can only run 60 FPS on "Very Low"?

Someone who has played the game, is Wyman a girl or a guy? That's all I want to know.

If you have to ask you're being a shitlord

i just dont want to believe that they made emily gay for the sake of MUH PANDERING

Yeah it's hard to tell I mean they could have just made a Yuri steampunk empress assassin just because it would be cool. Or to be progressive so hard to tell if you should like it or not.

your sjw colors are showing

and why did you capitalize yuri?

Phone is weird probably thought it was a name or something. You know we have >>>/yuri/ board right.

i prefer traps

They're pretty good too.

So emily is a dyke? but she loves her father. makes no sense, dykes hate men and have daddy issues. fucking hack writers.

I've heard of bad optimization but this is just insane
if a fucking cuckbox one can run this shit a mid range PC should not have a fucking problem
hell fucking VR isn't even this needy, what the hell are they doing?

Maybe the devs just like Yuri instead of political bullshit being the reason. I mean a female loving a male is pretty taboo for them. The whole thing doesn't matter though since it runs like garbage nobody should buy it anyway.

user you need to clam down with this yuri shit

Or maybe there's no lesbian shit and shitposters are just picking at the most basic bait to rile people up here.
Has anyone even seen anything that indicates she is lesbian at all? An ingame book\diary, some transcript? Maybe at least a cutscene or piece of dialog where that's mentioned?
For fuck's sake, do you fags really think if that was true there wouldn't already be loads of youtube videos proving it?
You guys are so gullible sometimes it hurts…

straight from the developer:

"But my assumption is that – as a confident young woman brought up to lead and to stand against detractors and enemies, representing an Empire – she does as she pleases, and has probably dallied with a variety of people."

so she is at the very least bisexual.

she should never have been the main character to begin with, anyway. lazy storytelling.

at least it'll make good porn

I suspect this has to do with

user doesn't realize that chaos ending was cannon

you'd think that after the shitshows which were Batman: Arkham City and Mafia III that people would put some actual effort into their PC games before launch, like actually go fucking test it on several hardware rigs whether everything works properly and include options to let the game be playable on lower-end systems such as resolution scaling

checked their wiki, apparently it's a he but they were trying to keep it "gender neutral". So it's progressive crap.

trapped in a bar and golden cat with Pendletons will do that to you .. bisexuality that is.

1. Emily is voiced by a NEGRESSE who goes GREE I DUN LIKE THIS, GRRR IM GONNA KILL THEM. Black voice + white face + manly jawline, Emily is a freak sometimes
2. The difficulty level is typical, made by old fucks for old fucks, the game does most things for you, right now im waiting for Yahtzee to rape it.

Why don't they just make corvo bisexual. Why don't they just make every character gay?

but why
why do they always have to include this shit

I couldn't tell.

Was there even a single nigger in the first game?

They couldn't fucking take Chloe Moretz like in the first one?

Holy shit

In the DLC, Daud's disciple is a negress who you can decide to punish for her transgressions

Other than that I have no clue

Watch Nogs is wearing that hat

she's in the 2nd one as well, there is something fucked up about Arkane's choice of facial traits and voice actors. Billy Lush was one of the best thing in the original game they trashed him for some TV show loser.

Is this really ALL you have to prove that she's lesbian or bisexual?
A sentence that has nothing to do with sexuality at all?

Dallied is synonym with "dealt with" or "handled", she has dealt with many different people, she has handled many different people. You can take this in so many different ways before you even have to think about sexual implications, it makes me think it's your own wishfull thinking that makes you see sex and SJW stuff where there is none.

Why are you fags just blinding believing him?

Anybody watching the early playthrough of Watch_Dogs 2 by AngryJoe on Twitch? He's been playing for over 8 hours. Seems like the same boring crap as the first game.

This game is surprisingly good (I played 11 hours and I'm at mission 6)

This came out? I could have sworn this wasn't coming out till February

hello reddit

Hello faggot.

Why are you talking about Watch Dogs in a Dishonored thread?

Have you seen anything harder to kill than regular guards? This is the important thing here, if it's just regular guards all the time, it's gonna get boring first and since you're on the 6th mission, there's got to be something interesting happening.

Clockwork soldiers are pretty hard to kill. They can see from front and behind and can one shot you with laser beams (playing on hard).
Elite guards (the ones in red) are smarter than regular guards and pretty hard in combat.
Witches are also pretty hard to stealth because they can patrol everywhere even higher than you.

Playing on hard.

for further evidence, see: Human Head's Prey 2

No, the chaos is gained because by killing guards and leaving corpses around, you contribute to the rat plague in the streets, which is an allusion to the black death plague, as well as less guards who normally are just doing their job are now no longer around to stop criminals and other problems due to being murdered. The chaos/not chaos isnt actually good/evil. One of the chaotic decisions has you give a woman to her stalker, to prevent causing more issues with murder for example. It's more about lawful/chaotic or at least what keeps the peace.

Dev diaries give the impression yes. They also upgraded Corvos blink with Dauds, so you can blink, stop time, change direction, and blink again, to move around corners in the air and perform other tricks. Emily uses some tentacle spiderman shit, with swinging or running along the ground with demonic hands in first person.

Dropped

Just when I thought this game couldn't get even more broken.

I was hoping to try playing as emily without the powers, since you can refuse, and it'd most likely be much more difficult. But im definitely gonna pass now, after finding out it has denuvo.

Did he trigger you reddit?

What are you talking about? Daud's blink was mostly Quality of Life improvement over the regular Blink, it's time stop only works while you don't move so it's only usefull to carefully aim your Blink and that's it.
It could still be used on the run but you couldn't fire any weapon or attack while using it.

OMFG WHY? Why couldn't they keep ONE fucking character dead? Especially one as utterly inconsequential as her?

Yeah, every-time I hear the Outsider in this game, all I see is the Penguin. Even more infuriating is the fact that they lied about Lush having scheduling issues as an excuse.

Why does valve still pull this shit?
Everyone knows that mixed reviews means the game is complete dogshit at this point.