Guerilla warfare

Why is fighting dirty so popular in games? In almost every fps I can think of, you walk in a room filled with enemies and have to hide behind corners to kill them all.

Hiding behind corners isn't fighting dirty, it's basic understanding of the envroinment you're in during an engagement.

What the fuck do you think war is, a couple of noble knights meeting in the middle of the battlefield, shaking hands and then whacking each other with swords while the highlander theme plays in the background?

How else do you expect to win when you're outnumbered and outgunned?

Because it works?

You have a gun.
There is a room with 5 people with guns.
Are you going to walk in and say "I am going to try to kill you all!" and get fucking gunned down?

Think of yourself in that situation. The choices are:

1: End up on the floor, slowly choking to death on your own blood, riddled with bullet holes, struggling vainly to make your collapsed lungs inflate.
2: Fight dirty.

The winner is clear.

ITT: People who value their life more than their honor

Haven't you ever heard of the saying "All is fair in love and war." ?

You do whatever it fucking takes to WIN.

gentleman's warfare advocate killed while walking slowly in an open field detected

Yes. You enjoy your honor. You relish your esteem from your hole in the ground. I'll be the poor sap, still alive, honorless.

Guns are a mistake. They only breed cowards such as yourself and those faggots who used bows. This is why society is crumbling.

No honor in casting your life away before your work is done.

Being honorless but alive is hardly living. You're no different from an animal, scum.

No it's crumbling because retards like you were convinced that everybody played fair in the sandbox

I'm still breathing, I'm still eating delicious food, and I'm still fucking your widow.

There's a difference between finishing your job and cowering to do it. Life is more than completing a goal, namely completing it proudly and with honor.

Maybe the sandbox was fair before parasites like you or muslims.

Animals are alive too, user. You're not too different from them.

Kanetsugu Naoe pls go.

this is why you're all dead

Because you're generally at a big numbers disadvantage and sometimes even individual enemies are stronger than you, so you need to conserve health and avoid taking damage.

Salty nonwhite spotted. White man and his guns conquered the world.

Honor is for gays, all knights are deader than dirt lmao.

you are thinking about the jews, user.

No user, it's about dying for the right goal. And not one second earlier. Honor is a distraction. Pride is a weakness.

Were knights also SJWs?

Shameful.

Rather, were they effective?

Miss-placed pride is a weakness. You always must respect your enemy otherwise they get the upper hand.

what the fuck? are they assuming "the position"?

I think there's more honor in knowing what your limits are in a fight before engagement, and not betting your life and the life of your men with less than 50/50 odds of survival.

what's dirty about hiding behind corners?

Yes. You get to fuck them all. Congratulations.

I think I'll pass.

Eeeeeh…

No user, you merely need remove him.

Your life is not yours to bet. Nor is it yours to waste.

it's dirty because you know you can't face your opponents on equal ground, so you take advantage of attacking when they can't see you.
It's a rough example, but it's the same principle as hiding in the shadows, or sniping from a distance.

Obviously you walk out into the hail of gunfire because muh honor

This is why nobody likes cannon fodder guardsmen. You DIE for the emperor. You don't just hide yourself in order to fulfill his will, since his will requires you to die. You're selfish, and the reason other fellow guardsmen die in vain.

You disgust me.

Only niggers and white trash use guns, user. God gave you knuckles for a reason, and even when that's barbaric, it bares more honor than fighting from a distance.

The right cause doesn't require your death, rather it demands that you stand. Not that I expect a kneeling fulgrimfag to understand.

The cause could allows you to stand only if you're worthy of it. Dirty tricks and cowardice disqualifies you from that, let alone dishonor.
Even if you do survive and kill your opponents by hiding in your fallen companions' corpses instead of preventing them from dying in the first place, you'd be executed for being such a fag.

If you win, you need not have to explain; If you lose, you should not be there to explain.
What more needs to be said?

Because bending your fingers is a prerequisite to picking up a gun?

You know how questionable is that? Maybe you killed your companions yourself after you killed your opponents to get all the glory. Maybe you just fled and didn't kill anyone. Absolutely everything need to be asked in order to determine if you're a piece of shit, because the cause doesn't want piece of shit like you.
If winning would be the only thing that matters, the winners would be a despicable bunch, honor should exist in order to prevent this kind of behavior, and only the lowest trash would be honorless.

You apparently use that function specifically to put fingers up your ass, fag.

Honorfags are just virtue signalling cucks. There's literally nothing justifiable about dying in a stupid way because you refused to use every possible advantage against your enemy. It speaks of your pigheadedness and simple-mindedness more than anything else.

Honorable people don't conquer the world. Smart and cunning people do. And they have it all the easier if their opponents stick to the middle age beliefs of honor and chivalry.

I feel like he meant respect more in the sense of never underestimating your enemy, that shit's actually dangerous.

There is. Life isn't all that valuable to begin with and that thought is barbaric. There are more and better things to existence, specially considering that this life is so short and trivial and there's a high chance of afterlife If you're a good Christian, specially a honorable Christian God sure as hell will grant you that

Exactly. That's why the world is crumbling, because people value their life more than they value something like their honor or their ideals. You're what's wrong with the world, user, not honorable people. They're better off dead because they're too good for this world.

But hey,being smart and cunning is ok because everyone do it and they fulfill themselves with trivial "conquest" that ends the moment they die to be just to remain as nothing more but a memory.
I never understood how can people have thins mindset.

There's more types of smart and cunning than you seem to realize, a professional chess player could be described as smart and cunning, that doesn't mean those people are power-hungry and only want to build some sort of empire.

Your life is the most valuable thing you have in the first place, if you really believe in some sort of christian god then you should also be aware god would rather you live a full life of worship and help your fellow man, not throw your life away because "it isn't valuable".

honor has no meaning without purpose

Professional chess players fight both in even grounds under the same rules and only the best of them can be the winner. That's honorable. They don't do dirty tricks to each other. They don't try to distract themselves while playing or something similar, that's the equivalent of hiding in a corner and shooting.

No it's not. Life is not valuable at all, specially when you live it without honor or something of the sort. I'm not saying you should throw your life away for no reason, but if you're confronted with the dilemma of living your life in sin/dishonor or losing it, you should fucking lose it. If God exists, he will help you.If he doesn't, you'll be a martys, an example, of how a correct human being should behave, and not the scum that killed you with, say, a gun.
The actual problem is defining what is and what isn't honorable, since, say, running away from a robber is cowardice while not running is not, even when there's a chance of you dying if you don't run. I personally don't think you shouldn't run, I live in a really violent country and I'm tired of people running. They should fucking defend themselves even against a gun. Criminals use guns and rob people because they know they won't resist, and even if they do they can kill them with it. Is easier to track a criminal by his dead victims. Also, you can't possibly kill all the victims, since if you do, there will be no one else to rob, except maybe themselves

Neither is life, user. Preserving it by any means is retarded when you don't even know what to do with it.

I used that example to illustrate to you that there's more types of intelligence and cunning than what you're suggesting, of course if you're going to compare it to something like an actual shoot-out it won't hold.

Look user, I get that you're pissed off at the situation in your country, I can relate to that because until 6 months ago I was in a similar state, and you do get fed up with the fact so many people are so complacent that armed robberies become commonplace. The main issue here is that the idea of honor is something that is entirely subjective based on not just the culture you come from but also your own background (this ignoring religiousness, though I suppose you can place that with background anyway). I'll give you an example: Samurai lived by a strict code of honor, however if we were both samurai and I wished to kill you, if I invited you to eat at a local place without hostilities, offered you alcohol and you took me up on the offer, then as soon as we walked outside I challenged you to a duel, that would not be considered a dishonorable act, the blame is instead placed on you for letting your guard down, and not on me for purposefully attempting to get you drunk.

That's why I said something of the sort. My point is that humanity needs some sort of moral guidance on what humans are and what they should do and behave.other than any deity's law. It is needed because it will make humans more humans. You fear sin because you fear god, but you fear dishonor because you like to be human, and being human is being honorable. Again, consider that honor is pretty subjective, but basically, honor should be one of the things that would prevent humans from being dicks to each others, much like laws.. It sounds contradictory but an undeniable fact is that humans are dicks to each other, so saying that honor would make you more human sounds contradictory, but the thing is humans should associate themselves with positive feelings, if we all become cynics about how much of a piece of shit we are, we'll quickly let it slip because "heh heh, we're humans".

No, user, I might be the one to blame for letting my guard down, but my honor will be still there. Yours, however, will be not, since you PURPOSELY made me drunk. So we're both to blame, but you're the dishonored one. Of course, I believe that honor is a social phenomenon, so if no one notices is ok, I guess,BUT if you respect honor yourself, you probably won't allow yourself to live with that, You made me drunk in order to win, though, so you probably are a scumbag to begging with.

My point with the samurai argument was that in that time period, for the japanese samurai that was still considered an honorable thing, your perspective may change but if you were to go back in time and do something of that sort there would be no blame placed on you (though you might end up with somebody's kid wanting to kill you in 10 years or some shit, grudges are something else entirely).

I'd say it's less about honor and more about striving to better yourself in body, mind and soul, that's at least with some greek philosophers strived for, exercise is food for the body's development, conversations and studies are food for the mind, and positive interactions, enacting good change within a community and all that stuff would be one idea of "food for the soul".

Though as an observation, the fact samurai would consider seppuku to be a way to die with honor, due to the fact you understand you would die either way but would rather put yourself through it with your own hands, as a way to prove you don't fear death was pretty metal.

dont get shot, shoot them first, stop being so fat

The weak should fear the strong not the other way around now get out my way cuck.