8ch.net/v/res/11131632.html
sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,250.0.html
bmsforum.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?51-Warthog
edtracker.co.uk/
edtracker.org.uk/
youtube.com/user/ragnaroksu27/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS-Controller/dp/B01KCHPRXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I appreciate what you're trying to do user but v is too casual for flight sims. Ace Combat is the most complicated flight game that will stick and a lot of that is the memes that make it stay. Organizing some beginner playdates could work but I doubt there's even interest and I don't even know if there's anyone who's comfortable enough to teach others. I know I'm not since I'm almost too lazy to play DCS, my stick just sits on my table and I keep looking at it thinking that some day I'll get to it and finally get good at it.

I want to believe

Due to my computer being shit I play a lot of IL-2 1946. I'd play that with someone if they're up for it.
I tried running DCS world just a few days back and it's really rough to try flying at 15-25 FPS so I uninstalled pretty quickly. I might try out falcon 4.0/BMS , but I'm more of a prop plane guy tbh.

Which ace combat is the best ace combat?

I play IL2 every blue moon. HE111 best

F/A-14 when

Do you fly the Black Shark? If not, I also have the SU-27, A-10C, and SU-25T but I'm not very experienced with those yet.

yes

all of them

Supposedly went into internal beta around summer so not for a very very long time. I don't think the multi seat support in DCS is much more than just joyride passenger level right now anyway.

Pretty much this. Also since I'm yuropoor I would get 200+ ping playan with you who are probably mostly amerifats.
Some day tho.
I already got pretty decent at A10 but fighters is where the multiplayer fun is at, and I'm still quite bad with those.
Also have Black Shark but I pretty much can't do the 2nd campaign mission with it and can't be bothered to git gud

I'm also from europe. I think the biggest problem is time zone difference than ping anyway.

From my experience with WarThunder I know I know, using guns is pretty much impossible with 200 ping, but yeah, for missiles and such it shouldn't matter

Hay OP i play both of those games, or at least i used to.

i don't really have time for them these days and when i am playing vidya its with some friends that don't play flight sims.

OP why don't you setup a Discord for this thread and see how many people would like to play flight sims together.

the way you can try and organize something, even if its just using the text chat

OP here

I'm also a yurobeing

Come on don't be faggits, I've got decent internet and could host

Operation Flashpoint.

The aircraft simulation isn't realistic but I like the combined arms perspective.

Most simulation games focus on one thing (tanks, aircraft, ships, subs, etc) whereas the OFP/ARMA games have all of them.

Fuck right off.

So much of DCS is BVR though and the scale is so much larger that I don't think they could depend on ping. Seems like it would be an impossible task. Shitthunder is basically just a 3rd person shooter that has three dimensional movement.

Also you guys might wanna check
8ch.net/v/res/11131632.html

You can build your own planes.

I do like me some slowboating, I'm in if we can find a euro-friendly solution

what do you suggest?
DCS, BMS, Rise of Flight and IL don't have ingame voice chat?

I have a TS3 for bros, but i'm not going to use it if nothing will come of this

Reminder that if you're into DCS, you owe it to yourself to get BMS

>mfw sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,250.0.html

The Original OFP has TERRIBLE plane play. Arma 2/3 it starts to get better, but really the games are more for Infantry oper8n.

IL-2 1946 is probably your best bet for fun, can be played coop or competitive, and supports newview so you can easily have keyboard head movement controls for poorfags that can't afford trackir.

A Mumble server is like 2 bucks a month. It requires you to obviously get people to install Mumble though which I suppose is too much to ask in this day and age when Discord is the norm. I just fucking hate Discord with a passion because of how it works, how it looks and the philosophy behind it.

Well if someone wants to make a server on DCS ill join and let you guys use our TS3.

id make one myself but i have dogshit internet

there is an Holla Forums mumble some generals use
8ch.servers.moe
default port

So I guess we'd have at least some people interested in DCS

How likely is it that I can convince you to play BMS instead

I have both, iv not setup BMS, tho.

Probly going to do that now

is DCS world piratable?
can i play with you on a pirate copy?

DCS world is free

It's not unfortunately

The basic game is free though and comes with the Su25T which is the aircraft featured in OP's video

Keep in mind that this is a pretty complex gamer / simulator though, it takes some time to learn even the basics

You could start by giving reasons why one is better than the other.

DCS World is free and comes with the SU-25. As far as I'm aware you can't pirate the modules i.e. the A-10C.

Multirole aircraft, can do more on its own than all planes in DCS combined.

Most important thing though
In DCS you're flying static missions. Doesn't really matter how well you do, doesn't matter if you fail or win, it's just a single instanced mission

Falcon BMS on the other hand actually simulates a full-scale war. If you destroy a bridge, that bridge is gone and ground units can't pass. If you keep losing planes, you're going to run out of supplies. If the enemy takes down your awacs, that shit is dead. If you deep-strike nuclear powerplants, the enemy has less energy for their war machine. When a plane gets shot down and the pilot ejects, a search and rescue mission (flown by the AI) is gonna happen - and so on.

Imagine BMS as a realtime grand strategy game in which you can take control of single aircraft units. It's a full simulation of warfare, whereas DCS is just an aircraft simulator

how did you go about getting Falcon 4.0 for BMS

I thought i had a copy somewhere but i don't

Bought it on GOG

Ah, just check my gog, have it there too

F/A 18
NEVER EVER

Take that back faggot demon spawn

Will kebabs ever make their plane?

Reminds me of north korea's 4th gen fighter

What the bicycle with wings?

Which pedal should I get Holla Forums

BMS setup is pissing me off

i cannot figure out how to remap buttons, im using a HOG so i figured their would already be a profile for it or one i can download. the one that someone has made is on fucking reddit and they make no effort in how your supposed to install it.

i'm starting to remember why i never got around to setting up BMS again.

These

the twist on your joystick
seriously these are overpriced as fuck

i have the middle ones.

never had a problem with them, but they do feel plasticky loose and cheap

Good luck trying to toe-brake without pedals.

bmsforum.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?51-Warthog

I can't afford these since I already saved for a Warthog. If I had the money I certainly would get the Crosswind.

As said above, I use a Warthog which have no twist. And compared to the MFG Crosswind that suggested, it's too expensive.

How long have you had them? I'm wary of Saitek since I have the X52 and it's sometimes unrealiable ever since MADKATZ took over.

Here's a fuking question: why are there so few fuking options for decent HOTAS / Flight Controllers. Saitek and Thrustmaster is all you can get. Maybe VKD if you're lucky to get one of the few sticks they make each year (they don't even make throttles - the gametrix shit does not count).
Where are the rest of the fuking producers of sticks/hotas? Am I stupid and simply not know about them? I want something better than the TM Warthog (I like the stick but not the throttle).

well if you can afford that then it only makes sense to get the pedals. I have a 15 $ joystick so I won't spend over a 100 for just pedals.

I don't think you need to in DCS? The planes all have nosewheel steering so you don't need differential braking, and then you can just break with a button

you forgot CH Products

But yeah, considering how much money we're willing to spend on gear it's a bit strange that there are so few hardware manufacturers for this stuff

I may get it down the line. But for now I need one since I can't use a rudder. So my options are those three.

Iv had them a looong time, and they still work fine, i don't have any plants to replace them.

i got them when i got my Hog for the same reason, they feel "plasticky loose and cheap" in comparison to the hog is what i'm saying

thanks user

Yes I did. CH has had the same Stick and throttle and pedals for the last 15y. I like the throttle, but not the stick. Still they they are pretty low end stuff.
Has anyone ever tried bugeyetech?

DO NOT GET THE MIDDLE ONES
they are cheap madcatscrap
t. someone who fell for buying the middle ones

It's not how much money you're willing to spend, it's how many people are willing to spend money at all. There simply isn't a market for them, simple as that. Flight games are a niche, flight sims that benefit from a joystick are a niche of a niche. It's the same shit with racing wheels. A regular gamepad does just fine for 80% of the racing or flight games out there, it's just the sims that are few and far between that require or benefit from a specialized controller. On top of that controllers like these are required to be sturdy and last a decade. How are you supposed to make money if your customer base is very small and only buys product every 10 or so years?

Unless you fly helicopters or older planes you're not going to need much rudder anyway, modern jets it's more of a quality of life kind of thing rather than something you actually need. Most people just sacrifice a button for it or use the keyboard somehow. Other than that a lot of people also build their own pedals.

Well the Crosswind ones look the dopest. That's my input into the discussion

i have them, and yes they are cheap but they still keep working for me.

what do you recommend as in upgrade (that's doesn't kill my wallet)

the ones on the left are the best it seems from the specs

Also do you guys use TrackIR or Cuckulus JIDF? Do you know if the homemade TrackIR works well? Not having head tracking really kills my experience, especially in fighters.

PC game peripherals are dead commercally, because thumbstick controllers are superior.

It only has 3DOF, but it's extremely precise.

Interesting, maybe you got them before MADCATZ aquired Saitek. Though Logitech has them now so I hope they do well.

Yeah, right now they're my least possible because of MADCATZ and my experience with other Saitek products. But I'm considering them because of their spacing between the feet.

Maybe, I'm so used to using Rudders that it's become a thing for me though. From Taxi-ing to Landing.

Haha I wish, it'd go SO WELL with the hog.

I suggest making a homemade one. Lookup guides online regarding it. It works alright, though sun will be an issue. Don't bother with Cuckulus unless you enjoy their invasive drivers.

what is this?

I just gave it as an example, I'd rather get the Vive but can't afford it anyway right now.
I'll probably try making TrackIR if I can get around to it

I bought a delanclip which is essentially a DIY freetrack assembled and sold by some guy named delan I guess

works really well

Can't really beat building your own, especially if you can get a 60 fps webcam for cheap, like a PSEye. Other than the cam you'll spend like two bucks in total on parts, instead of whatever insanity the premade ones go for these days

Vive seems to also be going in the way of close sourced with their announcement of their appstore, the Viveport. Try building one, IR LEDs are pretty cheap and you can shape a metal clothes hanger as a frame. The only expensive part is getting the PSEYE to use as an IR camera.

Wait, this still dose not give any indication on installing this crap.

i just hate this profile bullshit, run the scrip through this program then download this shit so it will work, then get these supplement programs and run them over the main mapping file then put them in your BMS folder and make sure the 3rd program you installed it set to this option.

if it doesnt work its because your a fag and been able to easily map buttons in game is for fag.

makes you appreciate DCS's button mapping

edtracker.co.uk/
This also applies to the above (if you don't want to pay 30Eur for the "pro" version), but here: edtracker.org.uk/

its talking about TARGET scrips and all that.

I use TrackIR. I've tried all the other common tracking solutions like FaceTrackNoIR as well as building my own set and using FreeTrack and none of them were nearly as good. FreeTrack works I suppose but the software is terrible, getting the right kind of camera is a massive pain and if you don't get a right kind of camera either prepping the camera or your enviroment for perfect tracking is a big hassle and the tracking itself just isn't as smooth. Out of all the equipment you're going to get if you want to seriously get into flight sims a TrackIR is the value investment I'd do after a joystick. It might seem pricey but compared to the other shit it isn't even that much more money and has a massive impact.

I don't know about this EDTracker thing. I can't seem to find out what actually makes it work. It's a gyroscope or something? I have no idea if it's good or bad but on first glimpse it seems almost too cheap for what they promise.

TrackIR really is king

I have been using one for more a few months. The latest version uses a quality magnetometer and new chipset. It is very accurate, does not use drivers, totally plug and play, calibration is 5 min max, a retarded fagot can do it. Also it's very light, just a few grams. Price is unbeatable (goes even lower if you DIY version).
Only downside is 3DOF instead of 6. Up to you if you actually need 6. Even so there is a trick that you can do to get pseudo-6DOF.
They are also working on a wireless version but it's not out yet.
I use mine on a baseball cap. Most people put it on top of the headphones.

Those with pedals, what do you use? At this rate, I'm probably getting Thrustmaster's. CH Pedals are rare in my place and Saitek is plastic crap from what you guys have said.

Are you flying choppers or WW2 aircraft?

You might not even need pedals

Yeah, chalk one more up against Saitek
And then mark down Thrustmaster pedals, too.

Right now I'm on Saitek Pro Flight Combat, which are just as loose, wiggly and plastic-y as the TM ones I tried before. The one thing I can say about them is that they work and have for a few years now, but the things are nowhere near worth their price

Yeah, I know. It's pretty neat

Okay, I'm down to play but in the absence of any group chat consensus I'm unsure how we should schedule this. We could always agree upon a time/server here in the thread.

I have the hog, balalaika, spaamram boat, T H I C C 25, based M I G 29 and all the rest of the fc3 shit

god you sound like a massive faggot

Thanks

Which sim is this?

We've had fucking SimplePlanes threads for over a week now and that game has a pretty good aerodynamics model. Also

I have the middle ones like the other anons, they feel cheap and flimsy but are still working fine after ~300 hours of flying and ~200 hours of driving.

I vomited a little

You are such a massive idiot I don't have words to describe it.

And what the fuck is wrong with "v"? The average person on v is too casual for flight sims. In the past years there have been about 1 or 2 flight sim threads per month and they never live for very long.

Anybody tried VP modpack for Il-2 1946? Is it any good?

It's also a genre where there isn't a heap to talk about, I have always loved flight sims but I play SP and there isn't much to say.

Wheres a good place to start with these if i have no experience with planes?
Also no money

Having played both, it is comparable. You fail to understand the actual difference from arcade flying games and simulation flying games.
It's Holla Forums, you fucking newfag. Go back to reddit or lurk more.

i play DCS user
i wish i could fly the kamov for free

DCS gets new modules very frequently but I guess in some way it's true. If there was enough people playing you'd think there was interest in playing together which would keep the threads alive.

DSC world is free and has the SU-25 for free as well as a version of the P-51 that doesn't have guns I think. If you want less in-depth you could try Warthunder aka shitthunder aka russian bias simulator. Shitthunder is probably the lowest you can get. It's F2P and requires no knowledge but the actual simulation is pretty terrible. With DCS you need to be prepared for quite a bit of reading.

They're totally fucking different games with totally different draws. Only thing they share between them is that there are things that fly in both of them. How is the depth of the simulation in games like DCS any way comparable to building weird shit in simpleplanes? Jus the nature of the game doesn't allow that kind of simulation. Hell, it's not a simulator in any way. Having an aerodynamics model or a physics engine doesn't make it a simulator.

No fuck off, who the fuck cares you fucking faggot. I'm just lazy and can't be bothered with that shit.

Agree with , The SU-25 gave me lots of hours of fun and also teaches you some basics if you haven't flown a sim before. Also, consider getting a joystick. The Logitech one is very good from my experience.

Got it around 2005 and lasts until today with only some buttons barely working after many uses. If you want a cheap HOTAS go for the Thrustmaster T.16000m FCS. It uses the same sensor as the Warthog and is also ambidextrous. You can get the flightstick alone too if you don't like the Logitech.

Hey guys greg here, anyone wanna fly bms without ivan the furry?

I didn't even think you guys considered that a game

It tries to be a simulation at the higher levels. Most people I know play it just to fuck around and unwind.

rise of flight is also free to start and is a lot easier to learn on ww1 kites then jets

Just because you push more buttons doesn't make it more deep. The aerodynamics and flight modelling are all that really matter in a flight sim of any kind. Everything else is just fluff.
It's more like it's a sign of not being an illiterate faggot. It says right at the top of the fucking page and in your tab "Holla Forums - Video Games". You're trying way too hard to fit in here, reddit, and it's not working.

L M A O
they get one static model every year (i.e. non-interactive cockpit) and its all trainer aircraft.
DCS is literally the worst.

DCS not licensing O.G. Black Shark for World was a dick move.

I don't consider it a sim but different people consider different things sims, hell some people think KSP.

DCS doesn't mean "clickable cockpit". Just a small section from Ka-50:
Not only does DCS have great modeling in every possible aircraft system, I don't think you even realize what those clickable buttons allow you to do. You can plot and send GPS courses and target locations to other players, calculate flight times, program custom countermeasure dispenser intervals, set weapon parameters like bomb/missile detonation modes, lock on to an airfield's radio direction finding signal after your GPS got shot out, and too many other things to list. It is the definition of depth.

Living proof even a retard can play simpleplanes.

But that is literally fucking wrong. The last non interactive set they released was Flaming Cliffs 3 in 2012. After that's there's been the Dora, the P-51 and the Kurfurst, the Sabre and the Mig-15, Huey and L-39 and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. All of them had advanced flight models and interactive cockpits. On top of those there are a bunch of modules in early access like the Mi-8, M2000 and the Mig-21, all of them also with clickable shit. The only "trainer aircraft" they've done is the C-101 which is still in early access and it also has clickable cockpit. How the fuck can you be so wrong?

Modeling most of the systems and letting you interact with them through pushing the actual buttons and modeling how those interaction affect your plane, it's systems and sometimes other planes isn't depth? Accurate modeling of the cockpit and it's functions isn't depth? On top of that you managed to ignore all the modeling of the actual systems that make the aircraft function and how those systems interact with each other. And are you really arguing that the aerodynamics and flight models in DCS aren't good enough for a sim? If DCS can't be called a sim then how the fuck is Simpleplanes a sim and belongs in the "Military Flight Sims" thread?

What the fuck do you think "tries" means? Where the fuck do you inbred fuckos come from?

calm down ivan

OPS

WHEN

end yourself

n e v e r

Even worse, there is no option for force feedback anymore.

It's a massive shame that force feedback sticks died off. I feel like FF on a stick would make a massive difference. I guess a lot of especially military aircraft are fly-by-wire nowadays but I think even those have some sort of resistance simulation. I wonder what the fuck happened that force feedback got totally cut out of sticks. I guess flight and space games lost popularity after the 90s but you'd think at least one manufacturer had one high end stick that had FF.

How's this one for helicopters?
Is it matching the feeling of real ones or should I not waste my money?

Right? And even without simulated resistance there's still the occasional systems failure where you go manual reversion.
From what I heard though, most of the 'die-hard' sim community shunned FF because they prefer accuracy over feedback and these things were almost always at odds with each other

Don't Germans love simulators? You'd probably have some Krauts to play with.

The Krauts are already here

Maybe that's because flight sims require fuckload of shekels to spend on proper equipment. Knowing how Holla Forums hates shit sim/realism vidya, it's pretty expected.
Then again, flight sims are one of the few types of vidya Holla Forums can't bitch on - it was meant to be flown with all of the stuffs mentioned earlier and nobody can be blamed for it, especially how terrible mouse/keyboard aim is on flight sims.

I know that you can build a flightstick out of an LED, but that's just sad.

have you tried talking to the kebabs

bump

I'd like to know this as well, anyone here used it before?

Why can't a stick have both FF AND the ability to turn off FF to allow the accuracy they want.

Ping doesn't matter in DCS, at like 350-500 you may get something strange, but 200 is fine.

It's not that big a deal, since most things are fly-by-wire now. I'm thinking of a CH products setup, but I need something with dual throttles. I'm thinking DIY.

Can I use my hotas x thrustmaster on them?

Don't have them but you probably can.

bump

Fuck I'm dying too much. I can't see the enemy whenever I try to look and the RWR doesn't notify me when I got launched on. Give me some tips please, it's getting stressful.

Gonna need to know what game you're talking about first

Sorry, DCS. Playing on 104th. Because I can't see them means I also can't see missiles. I get shot whenever R-73 launches.

are you contrailing?

How are they spotting you if they keep their radar off?

Oh no, I'm talking seeing physically not by radar.

But the real question is, what games do let me fly with 2 or more people in the same aircraft?

Any of the Arma or IL-2 series allow that.

youtube.com/user/ragnaroksu27/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Check this guys videos if you want so basic tips on maneuvers and stuff.

When do you guy play and what servers do you play on? We should organise a meetup and play together sometime. And maybe you guy can show me how to git gud

Did you SEE the microscopic cockpit in that thing? It had instruments ripped straight out of a fucking Cessna. Not to mention I doubt that those intakes would provide sufficient airflow and the whole body of the plane looks like it'll produce more drag than a brick (LOOK AT HOW THICC THOSE WINGS ARE). This was 100% a propaganda plane that was never going to be built.

You mean the MiG-29UB? That's kind of an insult to the MiG-29.

Gentle bump for this

I play a lot of War Thunder flight sim which is actually really fun, but unfortunately my flight-stick broke. I used pic related for about 8 months before it just completely stopped responding about a month ago so I've been playing with my mouse.

Any joystick recommendations? Preferably something cheap but versatile as well. I've been looking into the HOTAS sticks but I don't know if they're any good.

I hear this:

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS-Controller/dp/B01KCHPRXA

Is pretty good for the money, as far as HOTAS goes.

I've been playing the free DCS module with just my keyboard. Actually been doing pretty well.
I LOVE FUCKING PLANES
In particular the F/A-18

As soon as the F/A-18 module comes out I'll actually put some money aside for a flight stick. Also have some money tucked away for an HMD homebrew setup. Watched some 4k vid of DCS gameplay on a samsung gear and it blew me away.

looks like arma

Enemy

They're bound to break. Hell when they took over Saitek they fuck up the quality control to the point where not only the hardware has problems, but also the drivers.

Get what recommended. It can also be used with left handed users.

Good taste. Does samsung gear actually work with PCs even? Also do you have the vid in question?

Also, if experience flies could help me out. When AWACs mention azimuths of bandits or places, what does he mean by "298 for 29"? I can guess that 298 is the heading I need to go but what about 29?

arent we all?

My X52's rudder axis broke pretty early. Pretty upset about that since I barely used it too.
I'm thinking of buying pedals to tie me over and get THE AUTHENTIC FLYING EXPERIENCE.

Once I've got my own place I'm gonna work on my own cockpit, some day I wanna have a full fledged simulator with projection dome.

Done day…

That's the dream. If you're looking for rudder pedals, I got Thrustmaster's new rudders. They feel plasticy but they're sturdy. Another issue is that your feet would be close together so you're going to have to tuck your balls up. The CH pedals also are good from what I heard and doesn't have that plastic feel but they also suffer from ball squeeze syndrome. Go for the MFG Crosswinds if you want something premium.

range

Sure thing, AWACS call out BRA, meaning Bearing, Range, Altitude
Your position is the reference point for these, so in your example of 298 for 29, the contact is bearing 298 degrees and approximately 29 miles away
Usually after that you'll get the targets altitude in feet - say 12000, and one of flanking/hot/cold, which is the contacts vector of movement compared to your position - which way the guy is headed compared to where you're going

This is different from the contact calls for ground targets your allied flight is going to spill out in that those almost always use BULLSEYE as a reference point, which is just an arbitrary landmark/position set before the mission instead of your aircraft. Shows up on your TAD and on the map, and you can even input the data you get into your CDU to mark those targets on the ground

Thank you so much guys. Currently learning the ropes and hoping to not get shot down when I'm playing multiplayer.

I could be your strict and slightly tsundere senpai user

Semen down your throat.

I-I'd quite like that… Though a bit worried…

Would you lovingly cuddle Kei Nagase?

no, I loved the game but the other pilots always kinda pissed me off.

Yes I liked how the greyed background shows her underwear while the full concept shows her wearing her pants properly.

I am proficient in both the A-10c as well as the Su-25t, but I don't have time to teach all of you all. I can however reccoment the official tutorials, as well as the manual. Read/play both and have the manual at hand at all times while flying, and there should be no problems.

Webm?

fake and gay

Also in the newest patch it's pretty much impossible to snab unless you are holding the brake which relaxes the limiter.

Planes have very flexible wings.

Not enough ww1 games

Didn't he use flares though?

Looks like he launched the flares seconds after being hit and flares are no guarantee of safety anyway, especially from a rear-aspect shot right up the engines.

Though even if he used flares the moment he saw a launch he would've been dead regardless right? I remember using flares when AIM-120 was shot against me and it still followed my trajectory only nearly missing me.

Flares don't work all the time and AIM-120s use semi-active radar homing anyway.

I thought the 120s were fire and forget? How do you combat them in my case?

They are fire and forget. And energy fighting is the way to counter them. You have to burn the missile's energy at long range by flying perpendicular to it. If you don't go defensive when you're launched on or someone fires a 120 deep within its envelope and has an airspeed/altitude advantage then there is no real counter except to turn into it at the very last moment while dumping chaff.

Nice. Though why fly perpendicular to it though? Shouldn't flying away be better since that'll mean I'm keeping it chasing longer?

I want to get into IL-2 Sturmovik, can I just play with mouse+keyboard?

Is a joystick really a must as people say?

It greatly helps but not necessarily. says he's been playing with KBM though. Having a joystick certainly helps especially with fine movement. If you want a cheap HOTAS check out T.16000m FCS. I suggest you try out the game first with KBM and see if you like it.

I would a Chopper.

Flying away is safer but at that point you're just fleeing. It doesn't put you in a position to fight the plane shooting you. Also, flying perpendicular (called beaming) forces the missile to turn at the maximum possible deflection which makes it lose energy faster, and finally beaming against ground clutter can actually cause the opponent to lose radar lock.

Thanks user. This really helps. Also how low do I have to be with the ground to mask myself?

I've decided to get back into flight sims again, the aforementioned T.16000m FCS is not available where I live and considering the hassle with customs and added expenses mean I can just as well buy something more expensive localy.
The X56 looks great those analog sticks would be great for Mechwarrior but I've only heard terrible things about that one, is it really that bad?
Is there any hope Logitech will fix it?

How are VKB and CH?

From my research CH seems to be bullet-proof. Only think I don't like is that they don't offer dual throttle, but you can use any throttle you like with them.

Thanks that is good to hear the Fighterstick looks nice but if I add a throttle I'm already in the Warthog price class, looks like I've got something to sleep on.

Hasn't their throttle quadrant independent controls?
Is the difference worth it?

CH is expensive. Still, if I wanted do do F-16 shit uniquely, I'd go with them. It's the same stick and throttle.

Yeah, but it's more for a cesna type control. It's not HOTAS.

samsung gear doesn't have native pc support, but OSVR/homebrew seems like the way to go if you want a cost effective DCS on HMD experience video was a download from a forum somewhere, can't seem to find it now

KB+mouse really isn't that bad if you just want to jump in an start learning right away, although obviously a stick is preferable

I wish the OSVR ships to my place. Having the option to save by just buying a screen upgrade is great.

Need some advice with landing the F5E. It keeps drifting of to the side whenever I try to land and trying to correct it only makes it worse.

Also, what's the point of using the 27ER if the 27ET allows you to do defensive maneuver?

Never really had such a problem Maybe you're coming too slow? Don't know how you land so can't comment.
For DCS "meta", 27ER only serves to force the enemy take evasive action. Otherwise they're dead weight. Beware however, I've read they're getting better with new versions along with the 77 (one of memest missiles in DCS). Also Russian IR missiles take like, 1 or 2 flares to defeat.

Yeah, found out that I came in too fast at 300. How're they getting better?

Bumping for Holla Forums pilots. When are we getting the clickable cockpits for f15 and the su27?

Alright, I need help on how to use the EOS. I'm flying around in the canyons in openconflict and barely do I get enemies that popup in EO.

I don't think they ever will to be honest.

bump this before it dies

CUM HISTORIA!

Why does her dildo cums?

We all die sometime. Average Holla Forums user sucks shit when it comes to complicated mechanics yet they wonder why this industry is being casualised.

I just figured I'd bump it since the other identical thread got made and locked.

What servers do you guys play on? 104th seems to be down lately and Open Conflict tend to have to small a slot of players.