How's that game going, Holla Forums?

How's development?

Im not good enough at math. The last thing I remember from highschool math is BEMDAS. I never even took calculus.

I'm not developing anything

about the same as your life is going, a complete waste so far

I made small arcade games for unity for the past few months, and feel like I want to start making something longer or an actual game. I even have ideas, notes, sketches, but I can't 3D model for shit and know nobody that can.

I even went to the art university in my city and put up fliers for an amateur 3D modeler and asked a friend that teaches there if he could send out an email. Zero responses.

I don't know what to do

All I can do is 2D art and I'm slacking off even on that.

gimme a hug

>>>/agdg/

You don't develop a novel.

Right now im modeling, texturing and implementing new weapons/reworking old ones.

Have you ever considered that it may be all you need? I mean, even Pokemon only really has logistical functions at worst. Of course, the only calculus needed for game creation is curve sketching and limits, which is essentially just for sculpting proper arcs. That is if you're doing character action adventure games, or sidescrolling adventure games. Anything else might not take much more than pre-calculus algebra.

I can 3D model for shit. E-mail me and we'll work something out.

I'm just a waste of oxygen.

I actually still have no idea how to see emails on Holla Forums, I never asked
How do you remove the email protection?

I thought I'd seen that face somewhere

Can you click or hover the cursor over the "anonymous" name to see an e-mail address?

Oh fuck it, my website is brocartoon dot com, go there and email me.

Exciting, innit?

If he can get a job, there's no excuse for any other NEET.

I'm on the same level as Ulililia.
I should an hero

it's a P, not a B, you clod, are you spurdo? lal barenthasees

Pretty sure Britbongs call them brackets.

A bracket is a { , parentheses is (, it's a difference in what we use, rather than definition, then.

Uli is extremely OCD from a half broken household AND is making his own videogame from scratch. He was always above you.

Technically they're all brackets.

Finally made it to alpha after a whole goddamned year.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this.

Where and when can I buy it?
Will Bateman be in the game?

As a fan of the zero series I'm impressed user, any speculated release date?

Well, yesterday I did some thumbnails of different scenes in the world with the characters doing various things in them. Now I just need to study a bit so I can make some illustrations and write down the mechanics so I can start organizing the work flow that I'm going to be using in unreal. I also have to get good at using sculptris for the models and blender for the animations. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I already have the story down, just need make sure the situations all make sense and fit with the mechanics, because I may have to change stuff later. /blogpost

I started a new project so right now I'm at 0.

Refresh the page.

I'm amazed he never got hired as a playtester.

He was too smart

I only make music, and I got sidetracked by my muse wanting me to make something for /monster/.

that would drive the company to bankruptcy

Please tell me he got roasted like a marshmallow.

man it's been a while since I've seen this template thread. it's almost not a template thread anymore.

wasting it on a Reddit meme game

Nah user, he's alright, but his pants didn't survive the imminent shitting.

On an unrelated note, volcanoes are really cool. We need them in more games.

Where's platform masters Ulillillia

At least he's making a game. Where is your game user?

I own a business and have a family

i don't have enough time anymore

Lemonade stand doesn't count as a business and everyone has a family.

WAIT, YOU GUYS HAVE FAMILIES TOO?!

Why did the this thread die? It was cool.

It's boring af.

I put it on hold until I can quit my job.

What are you talking about? Video games are cool!

Zero, i have all these ideas but they will never come to life. I'm also too depressed to compose anything which is the only thing i'm half good at.

Isotower dev, if you're lurking; that's a hell of a job you're doing. Can't wait for the game.

I will, however, have a full 3D tower sim, even if I have to make it.

He's too busy playing Morrowind on the xbox

It makes a fucking lot of sense, that version is riddled with bugs that never got fixed.

Well it's more the fact he never plays PC games. And sadly the xbox bugs aren't too fun. Lots of freezing and broken quests.

And yes, he's already abused alchemy to make himself a demigod.

𝓬ℴ𝓶𝓮 ℴη 𝓷𝓸𝔀

Implemented Salads, Juice, Latte, Sushi, Sashimi, Onigiri, Temaki, Mochi, Tartare, Sausage, Sandwich, Noodle and Pasta (raw) recently
Today i finish Purée and maybe Dough (raw) there are so many fucking types of dough though, shit will take hours

Working on player character model right now. Once that's done I'll have a testplay environment up and running pretty quickly since the engine stuff is already mostly in place, from there I'll work on making items for player character to find, get and use.

Not really game development, but I'm making a ZDoom megawad for Ultimate Doom. It's not much, but I thought it'd be a good start for learning creating things in general.

𝓌𝑒𝓌

Only thing I developed was a custom control scheme for TF2. I had a massive collection of scripts dedicated to making weapon switching less annoying. Most characters in TF2 had 3 weapons, and a mouse has 3 buttons, so:

Now you use left click for your primary, right for your melee and middle for your secondary. No mouse wheel scrolling, no number keys, no taking your hands off WASD.

I need a second opinion on the roughs for this Idle. I have mixed feelings.

Must be doin somethin' right

1. It clicks going left and is smooth going right.
2. Why make wiggle at all? No one actually moves when idle.

You could make it a little slower at the ends of each sway. That way it seems like the character has more weight to it's movement.

Yep, I noticed that too and ended up doing pretty much that. Still not quite what I had in mind but much closer.

I'm gonna beat you up after school.

beyond saving

haha

Post code

Try to add some clutter on both sizes of the entrance.

What is the context of this video?

Never mind, found the source.

if by game deelopment you mean imbibing alcohol its going terribly

oh man, i want to fancypost. it doesnt look like the faq covers this one

i did this

>>>/reddit/

what is this a game where you rub the earths erogenous zones?

What is this motion supposed to convey? Either she's jankily shifting her weight left and right, or it's an awkward circular movement.

Her arms should sway more, or at least the shoulders should rise and fall with the motion. Give it some momentum and proper pacing, either smooth circular sway or a 1-2-3-4 rhythm.

Faq doesn't cover any special characters, which are exactly what those are. Just like the characters you need for emoji. 😂👌

Wait, is that him in the OP? He looks like he lost weight

heresy

I made a prototype for my game with a guy, had to get a job and I actually went through like 4 jobs, stopped development because of that and because I was getting desperate for money and I started learning something else. Abandoned that something else because I just want to work on my game again.

It's been almost a year and I'm very, very disappointed with myself that I haven't gone back to it. The game could had been almost finished if I would be constantly working on it until now.

3D games, even in an engine, will require more than basic math.

go to the library and see the books they are selling, then use that anger to write that damn book.

You mean book store, right?
Libraries actually have halfway decent stuff unlike Bookstores which are filled to the brim with trash.

I opened up Blender to work on my models today, and this is what I saw. Fucking shit.

So I guess I can't do anyfuckingthing until I de-fuck my drivers/graphics card.

Is this Hammer?

No, this is some poor Linuxfag on FOSS AMD drivers (which are actually surprisingly good since amdgpu came along, but Blender doesn't want to play nice since my last update).

Keep uP the good work, user!

(niceu niceu)
You're a fucking genius, user

Your GPU us dying. Prepare to shekel out soon.

Who is this nordic superman?

I don't think so. It's brand new, and it works for absolutely everything else. I think it's just blender not working well with shaky FOSS drivers. These things have some various other instabilities as well.

I miss him Holla Forums.

We will never play Platform Masters, will we?

I came into this thread expecting to see the nuts. No one posted the nuts. I'm extremely disappointed.

Was buggy driver implementation. It defaults with overdraw, which Mesa apparently does not like. Switching to Triple Buffer Window Drawing fixed everything. Took advantage of the opportunity to throw on multisampling while I was at it.

Unfortunately, I have work in the morning, and wasted my night chasing this shit instead of actually getting anything done.

platformer masters isnt a game. its you!
its been inside of you the whole time you just didnt realize it.

I know how you feel, that's why I'm trying that write a novel in a month thing, if nothing else to get ideas.

Maybe I can find him next time I visit.
Why hasn't he made any update videos?

Whats is your excuse Holla Forums?

Can't wait until he opens a seaside pizzeria that serves de-greased pizza.