Duelyst

Nothing listed on catalogue

So what are Holla Forumss opinion(s) on this game?

Who's your favorite General? I like Zir'an Sunforge(why did they make her such an ugly niggress) and Reva Eventide

I personally like the game and the population seems to be healthy, never a problem finding a match anytime during the day. But it seems to suffer the same problem as HeartStone, if you don't drop major cash you get road blocked pretty fast in season ladder. Made it to silver(19) before constantly getting curbstomped by decks that just shit on my beginner deck.

Pissed I missed the 20 orb Humble Bundle If anyone wants a friendly game, or willing to give some tips on deck construction, look me up, DirtyPenguin

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027945056/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never heard of it, but the art style repels me from it completely.

Nah, if you're going to have hypsersexualized characters they need to also not be ugly. You see that robot chick in the background? Her rack should be on the "petite" end. Wouldn't play.

Gameplay is good, but I just don't like the unit sprites, since they're so pixelly.

Lilithe is best general, especially with bloodmoon priestesses shitting out wraithlings all over the map whenever anything dies.

Silver 19 is pretty impressive if you're using the basic starters, since when I had to use them they were utter shit in terms of synergy.

She seems to be the most common general I run into. And not having a way to control all them adds just rekt me none stop.

My problem with duelyst, and all other pro-esports games, is that everything is restricted and full of rules, so it stop being fun and become like work.
I remember years ago when Holla Forums made fun of some german dude who worked as a forklift operator and then came home and played a forklift simulator, i feel like that guy playing this esports focused games, and it's a shitty feeling.

I like to able to create while playing a game, evolving my own playstyle and strategies, not studying the meta and following it to be able to even have a chance.

Post your steam I'll give you my codes since they expire in 2 weeks.
The humble cosmetic bundle doesn't have this warning.

Doesn't really matter how niggery the "art" is when the whole thing is pixels.

This looks like the worst overdesigned western garbage designs I have ever seen.

OP here Thanks a lot bro. steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027945056/ STEAM_0:0:33839664

What kind of deck do you main?
If you're up against a wraithling spam deck, your goal is to keep them from reaching critical mass, a point where they can zerg anything you put out with wraithlings while still having most of the field in control.
Usually you do this by just shitting on the non-wraithlings hard enough, since 2 1/1 tokens every 2nd turn doesn't pull much weight without support.
If the horde somehow does come out, drop some mass removal, since even a single ghost lightning can kill the fuckers if they're unbuffed, but you have to watch for bloodmoon priestesses, since once those hula-hooping bitches show up there will be no escape, especially if they have some cannon fodder already on the field.
Once the wraithlings and priestesses are gone, you'll probably have to deal with the consequences of deathwatch, usually either a roided-up creep or their general getting healed to full health while you get zapped.
For the roid creeps, break out your precision removal, for the shadowdancer have your creeps grow a pair and stop dying all the time or just remove the dancer

If a wraithling spammer can't spam more than 2 every 2nd turn and can't capitalize on those wraithlings committing suicide, you've basically won the match.

I feel more like I did when I played MtG when playing this, and I happened to like the deckbuilding part of that game.

eternal > infinity wars (RIP) > hearthstone > xmage (mtg online client with all cards) > duelyst > shadowverse > magic duels > spellweaver > hex > mtgo

I enjoy playing Lynor since it reminds me Green and White decks and Sonhai.

Well that makes things real easy, just drop sun bloom or some other dispel on shit with deathwatch.
Without deathwatch, the adds are mostly useless.

I like it. Its like poxnora without the bullshit

that picture is not at all what the game looks like

get out

my nigga

pretty much my opininion, but i never heard of eternal… How is it? Similar to what?
infinity wars (rip, goddamnit)>shandalar>octgn>weebstone>spellweaver>heartstone>magicduels>hex

I don't like the pixel art style tbh but it is a solid game

Is this Holla Forums or kotaku

Midrange Magmar deck. With all of the rebirth minions and ability to pay 1 mana give anything +2/+2 it is great at keeping the enemy on their toes the entire game. It gets even better because usually the opponent positions himself awkwardly to destroy eggs and it leaves them wide open to a Makantor Warbeast or Diretide Frenzy. Magmar is how I reached Diamond on a free-to-play deck consistently every month.

When that is out of the picture, I love me some Obelisk Vetruvian, especially when the enemy thinks dispelling is all he needs to do and Whisper of the Sands summons a bunch of shit to wipe him out. It's been doing better than midrange Magmar in higher ranks as of late

Nigga get out.
Still no Eternal beta key.

I like to able to create while playing a game, evolving my own playstyle and strategies, not studying the meta and following it to be able to even have a chance.

Duelyst encourages this mentality more than any other CCG because of positioning allowing you some control of minion and enemy combat. In Tempostone a minion rarely survives two turns because you can attack anything with anything excluding when taunts are blocking your path, making comebacks harder and harder. In Duelyst you can use physical space to protect an important minion and force an enemy to use removal or allow you to stage a comeback.

There are also solid tech choices to make. When the fucking Mechazor decks were everywhere Crossbones kept them in check. If you struggle against artifacts there are common minions for it, and Ephemeral Shroud is still great against buffing decks like Lyonar and Vettuvian.

Duelyst would be good as a mobile game, I'd play the shit out of it
But on PC it's boring, hard to navigate and extremely grindy. I could be playing better shit.

mtg

It's all about those dicksucking lips my boy

I think I should add to my post that it's like MTG in both good and bad. it comes with all the problems like being fucked on resources like a game I played recently where I had a deck built from two factions and all the resources I drew were from the other and the creatures from the other. Also it's a digital card game so it has random effects though at least right now they're much fewer and farther between than in other digital card games and they're mostly concentrated in the ~8 cost cards and are usually just "win more" type cards.

Overall the cards are much more interesting than in games like Hearthstone or its clones like Shadowverse. They're more interesting all over but the high cost legendaries especially are some fucked up shit. There's also much more depth to the combat because instead of the attacker having the advantage by choosing what to attack, the defender generally has the advantage because he can choose what to block and with what. There are some spells and card effects that mess with that though so it's not as clear cut like for example the game has fast spells which can be played at any time as long as you have the resources similar to MTG.

In pic related I had a deck that had a bunch of trash creature generating cards and low cost shit and then cards that would buff my board or do stuff like "deal 1 damage to the enemy player for each creature you have in play" or "give all of your creatures in play a random weapon". The last effect I described is what's happening in the picture where I had a board of 10 creatures and I dropped Kaleb, pressed end turn and took my hands off the keyboard. My opponent then spent his entire block phase on picking what to block and I was waiting to see if I had enough to kill him becaus no fucking way I was going to think through all those weapon effects and how they would interact and whether it was enough. I had a hunch it would be enough and it was. Obviously I would've been fucked had he at any point had some sort of board clear but luckily he didn't. I haven't even placed in ranked yet so I imagine I'm playing against people who aren't very experienced.

The game at least right now is very F2P friendly. There's a thing called the "Gauntlet" that you can repeat over and over for free that gives you rewards like gold, individual cards and packs if you get enough wins in a row against AI decks. It gives you 8 opponents if I remember right with the last one being a "boss" where the match has a special rule like you start with 5 in every resource or card effects can trigger extra times. One loss and you're out, first rewards are given after 2 wins but they're usually pretty shitty but since you're not paying to enter it like HS arena it's all profit. It's very easy to reach the last fight and fairly easy to beat it as well.

Game's currently in closed beta though and as far as I know they're fairly stingy with the keys. At least I see a lot of people whining how they've been waiting for a long time.

The gameplay didn't interest me in the first place, but the art style clashes so much. It's repulsive.

thanks for he wall of text, it was informative, seems good to me
i registered, maybe i get a key
any words on draft? cause imho that makes or breaks a f2p cardgame (nobody likes to play against some whale who has all the rares).

It's like they're trying to be pic related but can't get it right.

Look at who made these reviews

But DotE is entirely pixels. Only the characters and monsters are lower resolution.

DotE has an artstyle that isn't broken up by smoothing like Duelyst's.

I know. Honestly I've been very vocal against the artstyle in Duelyst since forever but devs have simply turned a bliind eye to it. Well if they want their game to be disregarded entirely by most players then eh, I'll just wait for my Eternal beta key.

Very good gameplay and mechanics, works pretty much like MtG (attacker picks creatures to attack with, then defender makes blocks), this allows for cool stuff like double blocking and combat tricks. Has instants & flash creatures so you can respond to spells and play reactively. It's very f2p friendly with drafts that let you keep what you pick.

A lot of things in the game are very unintuitive though, stuff like silence removes all card text as you'd expect but buffs are retained. On the topic of buffs being retained, cards still keep buffs even if they're bounced or sent to the graveyard which leads to interesting interactions but it takes a lot of relearning and getting used to the new system.

Draft is like in MTG where you open and pick from full packs. The buy-in for draft is pretty high but you get to keep all the cards you picked at the end and get rewards based on your performance. The high tier rewards are pretty high from what I've seen i.e. enough gold to cover the buy-in, individual cards or shiftstone (the dust equivalent) and a couple of packs. The drafting itself is much more free form than the HS pick form three system and allows you to make actual decks. The tradeoff obviously is that you actually need to know what you're doing to pick a good deck and you can't really just luck your way through it.

I'm actually a pedo. Stumped?

not him, but who are they supposed to put up there? Is there a single non-cucked gaymer review site?

nichegamer

I'll check it out. polite sage

Nichegamer and Lewdgamer are the only ones I read.

I like how it successfully creates a turn-based card game with a grid-based strategy game, but I think the aesthetics are off. I don't know if I'm making sense, but I don't feel any different putting down a powerful minion or a spell. Hearthstone might be too RNG to be good, but it at least gets the feel of a physical TCG down pretty well.

I've been playing Spellweaver, which isn't too bad.