Mouse General

I've had a Zowie FK for 3 years now, it's been really good to me, it's been double clicking for about a year now but now it's gotten worse. Decided to open it up and fix the copper springs but I actually made it worse. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of doing it, if you have the precision needed go for it, but if not don't do it. I'm unsure if I can still fix the spring, I might have bent it out of it's proper shape, I don't really want to buy a new mouse, but seems I have to. Now my question is, I just found out Zowie was bought by benq, does anyone have any idea if their quality has dropped? I really like Zowie because it's plug and play, no driver installation and it's really good for claw grip. Bought a Logitech G500 I think it was and didn't like it.

I've had this 4tech Glaser I bought from Clas Ohlson in 2010 for nearly 7 years and it's still running good. Was only 7 euros. Can recommend if they have them any more. Model X6-60MD.

I had a Logitech G600 but it broke. It was amazing while it lasted at least. A friend gave me an old trackball to use until I save up for something else, but it's actually fun to use. I guess I'm a ballfag now.
I've been eyeing those CST trackballs, but they're fucking expensive. Anyone here ever used one?

Just get a $2 mouse, solder the internal switch off (they all look like pic related, different colours seem to indicate how loud the click is), then solder it in place of the switch in your mouse, at worst the click on each button will sound different but it makes no difference and prevents you buying a whole new mouse because one component has failed.

Shoulda got a G502 :^)

Got a deathadder and apart from the wheel scrolling getting progressively more mushy with time, I love it. Great ergonomics.
Also had a G9 before, it was pretty good, the wheel scrolling was solid as fuck, but the actual wheel click (MMB) was way too tense. I also didn't really like how the outer detachable casing was a little bit wobbly around the actual body of the mouse.

I'm kind of thinking of buying another mouse because the mushy scrolling wheel makes me progressively more annoyed, but I've got no idea which one to get. I'm kind of biased against logitech mice for the sole stupid reason that their drivers are inherently incompatible with FEAR and other games using its engine, they make the FPS drop to sub-30 and it's a hardware problem.

How exactly did it break and for how long did you have it?

Just got a G402 to replace an old deathadder which in turn replaced another logitech.

Thought the "sniper button" dpi adjustment toggles would piss me off but they haven't gotten in my way so far. It feels pretty solid overall and I haven't noticed any weird acceleration or tracking issues, and you can turn the dumb nigger glowy blue light off without having to be logged into 700 different accounts, although I'm sure that even now their "logitech gaming software" is measuring the exact size of my urethra.

Overall good weight and a fairly solid mouse for someone like me who uses a fingertip grip.

not ergonomic enough
we need to go deeper

please don't buy logitech products unless you like angle snapping, prediction, and acceleration.

You don't need any software running for a 502, and you can use the settings button to swap between different on-board profiles, like having all additional mouse buttons bound as numpad keys for the ~90% of old games that don't recognize them normally.

wew

I've had it for about 3 or 4 years. It broke while packing up after a LAN party, where a guy accidentally tripped over the cable and sent it flying. It was a rock solid mouse, it's just not retard-proof.

You can buy the switch separately, you know. It's probably gonna be higher quality than any shit they have on the assembly line.

anybody have one of those chart doohickies?

pc gaming is something I understand, as it is pretty shit

Zowie EC1-A

I was doing some research and came across this, it's the ideal solution but I don't have a soldering kit, I'd have to get one. I found prices and a soldering kit and buying 3 switches would come out to $40, I'm wondering if a pc repair shop can replace the switches for less.

Fuck me. I just tried to repair the switch on my G500 and it was apparently fucked up beyond repair. I could probably get a replacement switch for it, but I just ordered a new mouse instead.

Nah Zowie make pretty good mice and they require zero software unlike all other mice and it they don't look like this
Bought a logitech once, I didn't like the shape.

Looks like a nice mouse, but I did more research and am gonna replace the switches instead of buying a new mouse.

Get a soldering iron from any home improvement store. They run about $15 for the cheap one, which is adequate. Use a damp sponge to clean the tip, watch some tutorials to figure out how it's done. A PC repair shop that's capable of doing this will cost more than replacing the mouse outright. Skilled labor is expensive.

I've done this repair, bending the copper springs is an immense pain in the ass. In the future I'll just buy a new pair of switches for $5 from ebay and save myself the hassle.

My mice constantly double click on the left or can't hold a click and it is infuriating. This didn't happen 10 years ago.

Razer-tier build quality. Enjoy that double-clicking inside of a year.
No mice require software.

I'm sure Logitech requires or it comes with optional software, Razer does. What claw grip mouse would you recommend then? A lot of shit are mlg tier mice. For now I'm just gonna replace the switches because the sensor is good.

You're gonna need to replace the switches or you can try this. I tried it and fucked up the switches even more because you need a lot of precision. Now I have to replace the whole switch.

One of these thing is not like the other.

I've owned 3x Deathadder 2013s, 2x Chromas, and a G502, and all of them are 100% plug and play. If you want to make use of the on-board profile swapping with the 502, you need to install the software, configure the binds, and then either never run it again, or just uninstall it, since all functionality is on the mouse itself.

Yeah sorry that was stupid of me. I know better that they are plug and play but if you want the added functionality you need to install software. I remember why Razer is on my shitlist not for it's mlg tier shit but because you needed to make a razer account to access the software, I actually bought one because I liked the shape of the mouse. I returned that and got a Zowie.

I'm thinking of buying a new mouse first, and then screwing around with the faulty one. That way I'll still have a mouse if I really mess up.

Of course you need some sort of software to access the on board profile in a 502, and it's a one time setup. How else do you expect to accomplish that without them building an LCD into the mouse itself? Would you prefer if they just didn't have any profile swapping, so instead of being able to bind your extra buttons to numpad keys on a profile so they work with old games, you'd prefer to have to have autohotkey running all the time?

Also you don't get any added functionality out of the shitty razer software, except for an easier more streamlined RMA process that you will absolutely be using since the build quality is shit-tier, and they send broken "refurbs" as replacements that themselves need to be immediately replaced.

Kensington or Logitech?

If you're going to poorfag it up, just get one of these off ebay or something for $5.

More like your dick.