Snes thread

snes thread.

nice bait

wew lad

Genesis > SNES

That's it? SNES THREAD? You fucking piece of shit, how is that going to spark discussion?

Here is something better. How can we get homosexuals killed in gaming?

What are your top 3 SNES games?

Super Mario-All Stars
DKC2
Yoshi's Island.

I have a boner for Snes snow levels/areas. Show me more.

I have a boner for Spanish Men.

International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart

I'm not sure why my third favorite is. Probably something like Super Metroid or Terranigma.

Genesis does what Nintendont

ALTTP, Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Super Castlevania IV, Mega Man X, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Contra, fucking hell, so many great games. It had a better library than Mega Drive and didn't rely on bullshit marketing and stupid add-ons to sell itself.

You're right though, Genesis+FX chip would have been GOD.

The SVP chip that Sega used in the Virtua Racing port was stronger than the FX, but was way more expensive to produce. Sega actually believed that people would pay $100 for shitty arcade ports.

How can I play SNES carts on an HDTV and make them not look like shit. All I've heart is to buy a 500$ thing called a framemeister or something.

(checked)
not posting the HD version
Super Metriod
Dragon Warrior V
ActRaiser or Contra III
Super R-Type

(checked)

Like lose the console war?

That slogan was prior to the whole Sonic boom that made Sega famous and brought attention to their hardware. It was created by an inept individual who was driving the American branch into the ground, Blast Processing would be a more accurate one, and even that was just an unexisting feature and a mere marketing monicker. Not to mention that the overall Genesis catalog was really lackluster and relied a lot on marketing moves (uncensored MKI, edgier games) rather than an actual amount of good games.

I really like how the abxy buttons on the 3ds have matching colors to the snes

NOT PAYING $6,000,000 for the DP3913515 XRGB Mini Framemeister Micomsoft Upscalerâ„¢ ? what are you some sort of greedy $chmuck?!

www.amazon .com/DP3913547-Framemeister-Micomsoft-Upscaler-Denpashinbunsya/dp/B00QUBK6RK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1478310553&sr=8-1&keywords=Framemeister

Your taste is shit and I won't let you get away with it.

No, faggot, it's Terranigma

No, faggot, it's DQIII

No, nigger, it's Castlevania IV, a game where you can actually improve

Now get some taste or fuck off from my Holla Forums

Gotta stop you there, friend. I love Super R-Type, but it was a rushed launch title and is generally designed poorly.
It lags like a bitch when there are more than a handful of enemies and bullets on screen (this is NOT helped by the fact that your full power laser fires like 15 shots out) and starting the entire level over from the very start upon dying is terrible idea and has not been practised in SHMUPs for a long time.

It is still a great game. It's possible to run it on MAME and use MAME's options to configure overclocking on the virtual snes CPU, getting rid of (most) the lag in the game.

It's a fucking Mega Drive you inbred freedom burger. Also your snes is ugly as fuck.

Muh negro

the SNES may be inferior to all its real 4th gen competition (Gen/MD & TG16) but I still appreciate what the system had. Even if it was a technical mess with terrible sound hardware and really arbitrary and bizarre nintendo (tm) standards like the fucking out there aspect ratio, it still has some games worth checking out. Such as Umihara Kawase, which is an all time classic and you must play it if you like platformers at all.

Additionally, there's also Magical Pop'n which is a well crafted and adorable side scrolling platformer.

LMAO the SNES has the best games, best graphics (muh aspect rashio and i'm fine with only 6 colors on screen :((((() and best sound effects (m-muh blips and clicks are better wahhh). No one cares about Marketing Drive games and TG-""""""16"""" weebshit.

Not to defend Actraiser, but Castlevania IV is a cakewalk through easytown.

just about everything was better on the genesis and tg16, but it's alright if you hate shmups and would rather play mediocre rpgs like earthbound and final fantasy 6 with music that sounds like it comes from a tin can

tbh fam lmao

SMH FAM LMAO U NIGGA SMOKIN SMTH SMH
SNES' SOUNDCHIP WAS LIT AF

The TG16 was technically inferior to the SNES and had a terrible soundchip. Fuck outta this thread with your shit.

Genesis is a gay af name too

It was called Mega Drive in japan too.

The SNES had far better platformers.

Why are you replying to bait? Can't you tell bait from a regular autistic post? He is picking apart everything that would piss someone off to get replies like jesus christ get a grip man. If it was up to me i would ban shitters like that one for such obvious low hanging fruit bait but Mark the absolute faggot lets them run rampant.

growing up knee deep in human garbage must be interesting, but I can't say I want to experience it

Any good SFC games that haven't gotten a translation patch yet?

La Wares

Hell yeah my Islandic nigga

Like the Wii U- oh..

so how's that 1.7mhz processor and muffled low-bitrate audio treating ya'll

.>>11165864
We are not starting this, leave now Segafriend.

The SNES is by-far the worst retro console to collect for. The market has been utterly destroyed by greedy, dishonest resellers and fucking stupid hipster fags and kids that actually buy them at their artificially-inflated prices.

I recommend getting an SD2SNES cart (which is expensive, but still a much better long-term investment) or hacking a Wii and playing Virtual Console wads (or the excellent Snes9X emulator port) with the original classic controller.

Speaking of which, those NES classic controllers come out in a few days, and they're fairly affordable and compatible with the Wii, which would make it the ultimate emulation machine on a proper CRT TV.

Worst part is that no flaschart can run games that require a special chip to work like Star Fox or Megaman X3.

The thing is too that some of these people don't even realize that NONE of the money they pay for the games actually goes to Nintendo or the original developers for all their fan wanking over Nintendo products. All of that money goes to the retailers. Nintendo only gets money if you buy it through VC.

I've hard interesting things about Dark Kingdom and Granhistoria, but apparently no one's taken them up for fan translation for whatever reason.

Going off that, I assume they're not going to have the additional buttons the SNES controller had? Strikes me that they might not be as usual for playing emulated games on the Wii as they might be otherwise.

Wish those third party SNES-to-Wii controller adaptors weren't discontinued.