UMPC/SBC Thread

This fucking came out? No one's talking about it. Think it has a chance in hell to be anything good? Can it at least beat the fucking Pandora or a PSP?

What the fuck is that shit?

GPD Win.

I saw someone playing mario sunshine on this thing

Does it win?

Graphics look high end. Will this make the Chinktendo Ditch look like ass in comparison?

Oh, this is beautiful. Where can I buy it?

Geekbuying or Dragonbox, basically. Ships from China, so expect a long shipping time. Also it's $330.

M8, my smartphone beats a Pandora, this thing is fine. It's no good for modern KI or Horizon 3, but emulating some GC and older games is fine.

We can't know that until we know the specs of the Tegra in the Switch.

I'd kill to own something to play KI on the go

nah the game is dying as we speak

How about the Pyra then?
Only came off as Pandora since not really much competition in this field.
I'd consider one for 2hu and DOOM on the go.

It runs at half speed, there's a video somewhere on YT showing it. If it ran at nearfull speed, it'd be my only Win10 device and I'd give in and buy KI.

Didn't look like half speed to me

I think the Pyra is arm based like the Pandora, so you'll need special builds of zdoom for that game, and I don't even know if there is a arm version of any TH games. Maybe 1 - 5 if you get XNP2 to compile for arm but even then the sound will be fucked.

Weaker than most Chromebooks now. This thing should be beefier, albeit worse battery life. Build quality, I can't say, but it should be a decent performer.

It should also be mentioned that the Pyra is also made with Linux in mind, while this is Windows. While the Pyra will run most FOSS, good luck running anything proprietary thanks to ARM, instead of running Windows or WINE on the GPD.

oh you mean KI, sorry i'm retarded

I have one, just got it in two days ago because I was a backer. It runs things pretty good and is excellent if you wanted a full size operating system in your pocket. Also fits in a 3DSXL case.

GZDoom was ported to Android but have to buy it. I have no hope of 2hu on an Android system anyway.

(checked)
How long until someone gets Linux on the Win? Best of both worlds then.

Any idea what integrated it runs?

Probably a little longer. I think someone has Ubuntu on it as a proof of concept but I won't be surprised if driver support on it like all Atoms is ass.

Do you know anything about getting linux to run on that thing? Is the bios stuck in fastboot or will it let you boot off the usb?

Some one already put linux on it.

It's Intel HD Cherry Trail. Basically mobile shit, but it's good enough for old 3D games like Quake 3.

Actually, isn't there a video of it running TF2? I don't remember, too lazy to check.

The BIOS will let you usb boot and has quite the array of chipset settings among other things. It even has settings for android so I think you could even boot android.

looks like someone fell for the update meme

Fuck. That's great.

everything is a meme to you, right?

Bump.

You're really trying way too hard to hate something.

Aren't all Tegras the same shit?

No

Tegra is the name of a brand of SoC, just like Radeon is the name of AMD's brand of GPUs.
For instance, the Tegra K1 and X2 are different things.