Where did your favorite vidya end up on this list?

Where did your favorite vidya end up on this list?

playthatgame.co.uk/?action=mainlist

I can't say I am surprised, honestly.

Only below classics like Wii Sports and Halo 3

what determines the ranking?

Also why the fuck is Spacewar! at 247?
Yeah, it's historically an extremely important video game, but it's not actually very good.

surprising my two favorite games are right next to each other
outside of hl2, wow, and bioshock, the top 20 is generally good, though not really top 20 material.

Guess I'm just too hardcore.

Shit list, DDoS the site please.

There was a poll done, I believe.

It's shit.

You should be happy that your favorite games aren't popular.

>NO ACE COMBAT TITLE IS EVEN LISTED

I-I sure am grateful, user.

Wanna talk about it with me?

i've never played it, my backlog is clearing up, and i've recently set up dolphin so i know it works
convince me to play custom robo tonight in one post

I don't know why I even like Dark Souls, please help. Preferably a bullet to end my suffering.

:(

shit list

Get in the oven

Shit list

You tape guns to an action figure and save the world with a nigger and your bald boss and about 2 or 3 waifus.

Mark, you need to ban what I don't like already. I won't use /vcollins/ if you do.

I've played both the gc and ds Custom Robos, and I loved them both.
Have you played the n64 games?

I've seen plenty of anons discuss it before. Why not make a thread?

What kind of shitty list is this? Even if it were a popularity contest I don't see how DP could outrank the Pokemon games it did.

No, but only because I don't know Nipponese.
Translation never ever

Not on the list, but I'm not surprised.

So this is a "metalist" collated from various other lists? No wonder, those things always suck.

Bioshock and WoW, jesus christ. In five years it will be undertale and overwatch I guess. Doesn't mean a thing.

It's not really a thread that lasts, I've tried 2-3 times.
Some posts about "Which robo would you /clang/" and then the thread dies

Wild Arms - unlisted
Ar Tonelico - unlisted
Golden Sun - #611

only 1/3 made the list.

>CALL OF DUTY ANYTHING ABOVE SHADOW OF THE FUCKING COLOSSUS

it's actually a pretty solid list

who cares

pleb tier list

My favorite games are Dragon's Dogma and Prototype. That said, Kingdom Hearts II is my third favorite game and it's 300

Also there's a shitton of meme games at the top of this list dude

FF 7 above Deus ex, fucking weebs

alright
this list fucking invalidates itself

its probably one of the few games i've put thousands upon thousands of hours across the series minus mmos and ya nisa is cancer

It's there woo
Fuck

I think it deserves its spot.

What the Christ is this trash list?

Honestly, I'm surprised to see Deus Ex on that list at all.

Shit list.

These too, some the first things I ctrl+f'd

Xenosaga isn't even listed.

Why both and why not the superior MH4U? Make no sense.

676 heroes3
895 heroes2

mm6-7 isnt even on the list…

i aint even mad, fez clearly deserves that 275, and plants vs zombies the 378

herecy. also don't know if they went fo rmeme factor to place FF7 in slot number 7.

My head kinda hurts and it is kinda hard to type. What the fuck is wrong with me? stress is evil I tell ya. You're better off drinking alcohol instead of stressing yourself to the point of Brain Fog/Brain Fatigue.

God damn the order of that list reeks of redditfaghotry and nostalgiafaggotry.
That game is shit and I can't believe people wank off over it even today. Also mount and blade isn't on there so that pretty much confirms their shit taste.

Wasn't that just an edgy spiderman 2?

Good
Shit list

good.

Top two aren't even on the list, highest any of my top ten came in was #12

If I could get it to install correctly I would play it

shit list yo
at least it has ActRaiser on there

iktfb

Yo why isn't this hipster faggot game that I pretend to like on Holla Forums not on the list???

well, which hipster faggot game were you thinking of?

#237 - Angry Birds

ok

OK

LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT

IS THIS A FREAKING JOKE?

Pong.

TRASH LIST
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
okay that's not so bad…

nice

fake and super gay with a big tuper

15th, whole top of the list is painfully safe though.

shit list

Yes, they're classics, I get it, but come on.

What's wrong with Tetris?

310. Very exciting game. Complete chaos every match.

Honestly Tetris is probably still going to be played for another 20 years at the least.

Nothing, as close to Chess as vidya come.

There's nothing *wrong* with it per se, it's just that it ends up on these lists for being a) old and b) something that everyone played. You might as well put solitaire on the list.

Are those highlights or tears on Psylocke's bodysuit near her boobs?
Either is fine but the later would be better.

Yeah but I actually enjoy games like Tetris where as solitaire is only something I do when I'm exceptionally bored.

Nothing wrong with Tetris, but it's definitely not the best game ever made, it's absolutely overrated.

good:
deus ex is really high up
littlebigplanet 1 and 2 are on there and not 3
undertale is nowhere near the top
wave race made it

bad:
half-life 2 is somehow better than half-life 1
animal crossing games are not higher
WoW is number 6 when RuneScape is not on the list at all
tony hawk pro skater 1, 2, and 3 are somehow better than underground, which is not on the list
guitar hero 1 and 2 is somehow better than 3, which is not on the list
4 pac-man games made it, none of which are pac-man world 2
pretentious shit like fez and braid are on there
brawl is somehow better than smash 4

qft mm smh tbh fam

THE WORST FUCKING TASTE EVER

Nipples.

Now that is a disgrace.

It was
Just no

Ninja Gaiden (2004) at 309. wtf

WHY ISN'T UNDERTALE #1, THIS IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE.

According to this list, the following games are worse than Gone Homo
It's shit.

I've seen some slightly worse lists but this is still impressively shit.

There were some surprises though like seeing The World Ends With You on there

Not only does this list have Bioware shit, it has them in a shit order as well

I wasn't expecting it to be there to be honest, family.

It's the content from both games!

I feel nothing but disgust.

I don't expect most to put 2 ahead of 1, but come the fuck on, it's better than Ken "I like feeling stupid" Levine's racism is bad simulator

Just end my life.

i wanna fuck jinx in the throat

Shit list

Fuck whoever made this.

I am familiar with that feeling

Are those tattoos or is her crotch belching blue smoke?

tattoos

Also, Crystal Chronicles isn't even on the list but a shitload of mainline FF titles are on it. Obviously this man has no taste, especially with 9 so low and 8 so high.

Not bad haha.

Not too shabby. Especially considering all the trash FPSs and MMORPGs at the top of the list.

They say it's a massive poll conducted over several years

It's nowhere near as good as some of the puzzlers made in the early '90s that truly fleshed out and developed the genre.

Okay…

Oh, but fucking BurgerTime made the cut.

Gas the casuals.

I know H2 wasnt a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but what is this shit?
How much did valve pay these people?

Civ isn't my favorite game, I really don't have one tbh, but civ 5 is far better than the first 3 civ games and civ 4 is better than civ 5.

Not to mention the fact that DIABLO is above DIABLO 2 like wtf lol

Tetris is probably the closest game to perfect gameplay. I can see why it's so high up.

kek

This is a true crime

Mecha Ritz is better.

Does anyone feel these lists have this checklist of games they HAVE to have? Like it's always mario this, zelda that, metroid that, mega man 2-3 or X, one the GTAs, one of the Souls games now, etc?

It's different not better

this

Come on user. It's better.

Isn't the final boss for Mecha Ritz a secret boss you have to unlock. also
You don't like to play shmups more than once?

You just have to play the game fast enough to fight the "real" final boss, which isn't terribly difficult.

What exactly were the parameters they were basing this top 1000 off of? I can understand more popular shit is prone to be given a vote than more niche stuff, but its ridiculous that Crash 2 isn't even on there (considering how much series fans love that one), while the first Crash, Warped, and Crash Team Racing are. Not that the others are bad, it just feels fucking weird to see.

I know what you guys mean, but one of the drawbacks of playing dead but otherwise great games is that there's next to no warrant for making threads on them that are only likely to get a handful of posts, with most likely being from you as the OP.

It's just a notoriety contest clearly. Why else would Gradius be there but not Gradius II which is like 3x its superior.

>TUMBLRTALE IS 2 HIGHER THAN NIER
>NIER IS FUCKING 866
This has to be the work of the shades.

It makes me wonder if the people who voted the first crash had actually played it or just voted it in because crash is mildly successful and for whatever fucking reason the first one is almost always the most known one.

What the fuck, let's try a few more, just because.

Yes, but I mean, what were the rules? Was anyone allowed to submit stuff, and then they just voted on the first 1000 mentioned? Did they even vote on them, or did someone just arbitrarily pick and choose games and then rank them?

But Nier is kinda really shitty.

My guess is they voted by having people entering names of what they thought were the best games, and then based the ranks on how many votes a title got.
What the fuck is FiraXCOM doing so high on that list and why is no other X-Com on it? Why Syndicate and not Wars? Why the first Mega Man? No single idiot could have made this list.

92. I'm ok with this.

I haven't been this angry since Anita ranked above John fucking Carmack on "gaming's most influential/important people" list

I suppose at the very least they seemed to have a rule against outright shovelware like Elf: The Video Game, but yearly SPOATS shit still made it up there.

To be fair, Persona has kind of eclipsed SMT and all the other SMT spinoffs in popularity in general. Still, the fact that Persona 4 was allowed to eat up two fucking slots (#219 and #689) is hilarious. Why the fuck would you allow both enhanced ports and the originals of a game on the same list?

The only game on my 3x3 of favourites that's above 200 is MGS, and three of the games on my 3x3 aren't even there.
The others are just in the high 300/400's.
I'm not surprised they're lacking a Ys game there, but I AM surprised they're lacking any Ace Combat games.

Instead they have outright trash like Arkham Knight and DA Inquisition.

The PS1 strider I mean.

F.E.A.R at 403 and The Witcher at 747

It deserves to be on the list in some way because how mechanically innovative it was. Z-Targeting ect.

Am I the only one who just couldn't get into MH Tri? I seriously want to have gay sex with Freedom and 4U is great, but Tri just wasn't fun to me.

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG

shit list tbh fam

In other news, FF13 is above Nocturne.

This list is a fucking disgrace

fuck you

not on the list, also

good, I agree

Mah man. #587 for stalker, most games arent even on the list though

What the fuck did they even think was better than-

What a shit list. How many of those were joke answers though, I saw ET on there, for instance.

>No kirby's air ride
>Only SMT games are fucking persona 3 and 4 and nocture, which is something i guess
>No gsg other than CKII, fuck off

On the positive side, it does have VTMB, Ys, TTYD and Splatoon, but all of those are below fucking Portal

Xeno X wasn't that good. Pacing was terrible, story was god awful, music was piss compared to the original.

At least Undertale is at late 800

Nothing but Tetris Advance and Tetris Plus are much better.

I'm sorry user, you have great taste but that's an autism flag right there

Great list

EDF and RAD aren't on the list
Meanwhile fucking Hearthstone and Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine are
whoever made this list deserves to be hung from a tree

Notable games Undertale is above

the list is just a fucking popularity poll and nothing else (granted Tetris is at the very top, but the point still stands)

Mate…. that doesn't say "Knights of"

It's just a result of some popularity poll, I guess.

Once is the original title, the other one is the recent reboot.

Does anyone actually enjoy Tetris anymore? It's never been a game I could play for more than 5 minutes.

wait
fucking how?

>>>/faggotry/

t. shades

ctrl+f

*(the game overlord not "wizards: overlord")

wew I didnt think it'd be on the list at all

Also
Just…

wut

don't forget assfaggots

FUCKING M.U.L.E. IS ON HERE?! WHAT THE ==FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK==?

Good.

FUG

I think the entire list is in reverse

What?

>Grandia 1 sits at 921, while 2 sits at 823, which are inferior to fucking CANDY CRUSH SAGA which sits at 803

This list is super, and i mean super, fucking gay. Holy shit.

>FUCKING CANDY CRUSH AT #803
==>FIFA 10 BEATING TACTIC OGRE
>PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 BEATING KOTOR 2
>ET THE EXTRA TERRESTIAL AT #653

WHOEVER MADE THIS LIST HAS THE SHITTIEST TASTE OR IT'S THE BIGGEST BAIT TO EVER EXIST
HOLY FUCK

Spacewar! doesn't even deserve to be on the list.
If this was a list of important games then sure, but it's meant to be a list of good games.

ET as in the same ET that caused the crash in the 80s?
The same ET that is considered to be the worst game ever?
Yeah that list is bait as fuck.

The very same,
Lovely trips, by the way.

Edgy Incredible Hulk would be more accurate.

663 below E.T.
I don't know what to say
This is really becoming a problem-
This is shit, how the fuck-

done, fucking done

For fucks sake.

Gone Homo is on the list? Nevermind, shit list discarded.

What in the fuckity double fuck.

Fucking consolefags.

Well fuck you.

That was my pick

Okay, that's expect…
Holy tits, how did that even chart?

This is just based on global sales; I can almost guarantee it. If it were a poll, newer games like Skyrim and Minecraft and Undertale would be closer to the top. Fucking NOBODY really "likes" Tetris; it's just that everyone plays it or has played it.

You're retarded. A lot of people like Tetris. No, Tetris is not anybody's favorite game. But it was revolutionary for its time frim a game theory standpoint. Its the perfect demonstration of a game with relatively simple rules and mechanics that can only work as a digital program and is a testament to a long lost idea. An idea that games are actually a medium different from movies or books.

Not bad

That was exactly my point. If that were the case, it would not be on top of a list that is literally a poll of people's favorite games.

866. Surprised it even made the list, honestly.

I feel like this list could actually be a lot worse than it is. Although there's clearly some hipster voting going on, like said. I'm pretty sure nobody likes Civ I (#46) more than IV (#91) or II (#94).

On the other hand,

Fucking hell!

lmao fam XD

Shit list.

I had feelings this was a hipster list, but this confirms it

IT GETS FUCKING BETTER

GONE HOME IS ON THE LIST

NUMBER 490

TO THESE HIPSTERS IT'S BETTER THAN DUCK HUNT AND EXCITE BIKE

This fucking nigger I swear

Virtual On is not on that list. I'm sad but not surprised.

Disappointing.