Owlboy

Good job cunts.

Other urls found in this thread:

writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/paragraphs/
igg-games.com/owlboy-free-download.html
gamestorrent.co/owlboy-skidrow.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

suck my dick, choke on it

Why don't you post something about the game instead of making a volatile thread that'll just be another shitposting general?

BOYHOOD TOOK TWELVE YEARS TO MAKE

it tooka decade to make
so it must be good!
like boyhood

fuck off

in…

damnit, induring YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ON Holla Forums! HOW DARE YOU POST A VIDEOGAME AND NOT A TEMPLATE THREAD!

Well if you're trying to get Holla Forums to shit on it, you're doing it right.

Don't forget to buy, it's only twice the cost of most other indie games. Must be twice as good

Shill somewhere else please.

Wait, you're saying it took 10 YEARS to make? Shit, OP. You know what took 12 years to make? BOYHOOD
BOYHOOD
Is this the BOYHOOD of vidya? Can you check my dubs and remake this thread as if you weren't a fucking retarded shill?

This was out? I thought it was coming out in 2017 or something.

faggots, the lot of you
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7ce12d55f783f42da7e4ec1df8633378c341ed2c&dn=Owlboy+Collectors+Edition-GOG&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

How could anything that took so long to make possibly not live up to the hype?

It's not really a platformer, since your character has flight - it's more of an action game where your abilities are determined by who is traveling with you. You also have some defensive abilities like a spin move that can parry projectiles back at enemies, etc.

Plot seems pretty meh, mute kid who is incompetent in formal training proves himself by saving world etc but at least the pixel art is solid, the gameplay is pretty good and the music is fantastic.

Now watch me get called a shill for posting details about the game when OP was called a shill for not doing so.

There was a thread already, and it was filled with shitposting, in part because of a shit OP like yourself.

How about you tell us about the game and provide a link to try it, faggot.

elaborate

I'm sure some retards will, but thanks for actually giving some insight.

You'll probably just get called a faggot for having a faggoty posting style.

Keep in mind this is 5-second google search level insight, as well as a video by slowbeef where he played the press release (which seems like the first hourish of the game).

In that first hour, the main character gets berated for being incapable of basic tasks that other owls can do without much issue, then gets told to let the town bully him for it (there really isn't a better term for what happens) and then he wakes up to more of the same.

Stuff happens, the theme of social outsider-ness is continued as you deal with a pair of schoolyard bullies with your friend (who seems to be part of the human military? He has a gun.) and you're introduced to the main gameplay mechanic, which is that you can carry things while flying, toss those things, and if they're friends, use their abilities. In the first case, it's shooting things.

You then run into a troublemaker spider dude (lady?) and follow them into a dungeon, where combat is introduced - Main character can't fight on his own, the aforementioned spin move only defends and stuns, you need buddy-gun to deal damage. Zelda-tier, slightly better puzzles are introduced with the ally being a weight for switches or you needing to find weights, etc.

There's a boss fight, then you get an ancient mythological switch-on-a-rock that teleports your current companion to you. This is used for a few puzzles, then the main conflict is introduced: Sky pirates are invading, and the MC has to go to some other city to stop them.

Writing is okay throughout, but the real star is the art and music. Gameplay is smooth and combat flows alright. I've heard the game is short, but other than that I've seen no consistent complaints.

Off by one, Lord Dubs-Man.

I thought everybody else was playing it and didn't want to discuss it with the type of fags that post here so it wouldn't ruin their enjoyment of it.

Why would you ever want to discuss something you like here is beyond me

Do you lack so much confidence in your opinions that discussing them ruins your enjoyment of a game? Go back to Reddit.

seems like they want to sell you their game at a cursory glance

You mean paragraphs and typing like an educated human being? Aight.

Should I redo that post with shitty half-coherent greentexting then, 4chin reject? Maybe I should throw in a smug animu girl so you don't have to read the post like the inane retard that you are.

Goddamn, every day it seems like this place gets stupider by the day and then I find out if you want your post to be taken seriously you need to appeal to that nitwit mass of negativity that is Holla Forums.

Maybe I should just shit on the game for having red noses an putting effort into all aspects of its creation instead in a template thread.

If that's what you think counts as "educated" you should chug a bleach cocktail before you go back.

That's not at all how it works
Now check em

Sorry user, this shill infested, something awful 2.0 of an imageboard is for shitposting or extremely carefully selected and pre-approved topics, silly you thinking you could discuss games in a board dedicated to games

I think the saddest thing about this latest goon pushed shit is how successful its been, its kind of funny and sad how identity obsessed anons are that they think a form of writing is reddit exclusive and don't want to be seen using.

I think maybe he wants to discuss the game with other that might like it instead of a storm of bullshit, shitposting, failed dubs posting and tired failed goon memes.

Crazy I know that maybe someone might want to talk about games without having to deal with all the Holla Forums tards here.

Don't even bother dude, this place is a lost cause.

No, I just like having fun without having some faggot flood a thread with about how much he hates a game he has never played.

Or being called a shill because I like something.

Also
Damn you really don't care about this huh

I want to fuck owl shota

get out

Your sir are a gentleman and a scholar, who else wants to move to r/gaming?

Go back to tumblr

"Some faggot"? Singular? It's everyone besides you and your Reddit buttbuddies.

I really, really care about purging the board, yeah. This guy is right, Holla Forums is dead, you can leave now.

Are you actually saying a game you have never heard about before nor even played is bad because you suspect reddit might like it?

You're the cancer killing Holla Forums, sorry to break it to you.

Those are sentences you ESL nigger.

Guidelines for written essays in middle school are not rigid definition.

Okay, sorry to break this to you, but when you change subjects within a piece of writing, generally you open a new paragraph. I know this is a new concept to you, but it's one you need to understand, possibly desperately, but I will only touch upon it once.

It's quite a shame, really, that videogame discussion is now verboten unless it's a Holla Forums-approved flavor of the month that is free and completely unknown by any other website on the internet that is introduced in a template greentext thread with animu smugpics.

Remember, anything else is reddit and should be saged off the board! Otherwise you might be mistaken as liking videogames, in which case you're a shill.

Point is, it looks like trash. Format your posts better, faggot.

You got so involved in your "muh vee" rant that you ruined the potential of having an actual discussion/conversation about the game you wanted to talk about. Which automatically makes this thread fucking shit.

I'll add that his problem was making some sentences run on for too long with a ton of commas, not his paragraph spacing.

I'm sure all those niggers text paragraphs in emoji too.

I'd heard of it.
I played the first fifteen minutes of it and found the scripted hamfisted narrative introduction really obnoxious so I stopped playing. You're not supposed to use "nor" that way, by the way.

Yep, like I said, Holla Forums is dead, you can go ahead and leave.

Every waking moment I want to have fun, guess what happens with this 9 year masterpiece, this glorified "platformer"?

Do you eat shit? Do you want to feel pain?

haha, yeah sure fam

Actually the definition is identical on duck duck go and yahoo, but whatever.

effort post are strictly forbidden but shitposting it also forbidden. When you are less new you will understand. If you do no comply you are commanded to lurk more. If you refuse to lurk more then you must go back

Is there where you start trying to play it off like you were just pretending to be retarded?

Is this where you make make fake icons and try to prove me wrong?

He even blew out your non-argument, how could you possibly recover from that?

writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/paragraphs/

Not very interested in these any more, frankly. Shill thread or no

Maybe you could make a thread about the game instead of wasting space with your passive-aggressive cuntery. You're like my ex-girlfriend, who would rather complain about not doing things than to get off your stupid fat ass and just do them.

Is this where you run away with your tail between your legs?

Is this what happiness feels like?

WHY DOES MARK ALLOW THIS?

Allow what? Posting a thread about a videogame?

I played the demo years ago.
Is there a gog version out?

Oh sorry OP I was busy Playing Games.

It's a fun feel

Then you should stop posting.
Where have you seen me say or imply it is ok to make your paragraphs X size regardless of the situation. That would be doing the other extreme I'm arguing against.
I'm pointing out that paragraphs are logical breaks, just as that cap says. Whether you think that user's breaks made sense is entirely something else to argue. I thought they were fine, argue with me on that if you want. Don't put words in my mouth like a faggot

igg-games.com/owlboy-free-download.html

gamestorrent.co/owlboy-skidrow.html

Danke

You also have to consider that Holla Forums is full of hipster faggots that don't play games and watch yourubers to see if something ends up being popular and they can pretend to hate it, seeing as owl boy didn't fly anyone's radar like undertale did for about a month. Any discussion is basically fucked for poisoning the well bullshit.
Unfortunately this also means we don't have another litmus test for people who actually play games here.

Playing games =/= playing new games

Instead of trying to guilt trip us, OP, why don't you better explain why are we supposed to be interested in this game?

Instead of making a pointless post, user, maybe you shead read the thread?

pic one

LIke said, OP is no longer here, probably just a troll. Been getting too much of these (1)-drop threads lately, I agree.

Not my point.
Pretending to be mad at videogame when it gets popular = Following said mediums to form your opinion for either by mimicry or contrary.

k

Sometimes I think image boards need a built in dictionary

Sure, it happens, but the example you used was pretty specific, I loved Undertale but it's probably the most recent and best example of how fast cancer develops in a fan base.

It seems to work out fine for most games, even most indies. It's not like shitposters not playing a game is a new concept to anyone who's been on Holla Forums for any length of time.

Seems like most people are just mad at faggots, not the game itself.

We actually did have a thread about this, retard. Go die in a pile of shit.

The vast majority of pixelshit, or if you will sprite art games shilled slash discussed here especially for the last few years have been shit. My latest experience was rabiribi.

I mean look, single line breaks between one setence at a time can be a little obnoxious. But thats cause it just dosen't make sense from a formatting perspective. But, you can't say that 3 or 4 setences, well strung together dosen't constitute a paragraph.

I'm suprised and dissapointed that people are really taking the bait on this. The whle spacing meme is just another way to slide the coversation level down to nothing, to get people arguing about something other than whats going on. It's obvious bait, and its once again, run through the heads of a few people enough to keep shouting it out in every thread, every chance they get. If someone types extremely poorly just tell them they type like a faggot. Of course no ones going to listen to this, we'll be having this same conversation that someone spaced something wrong or that only this user who clearly takes the word often too seriously, is the only one who understands a paragraph.

Fucking christ, its like I'm watching people get stupider before my very eyes.

I'm sorry you're shit at videogames and probably couldn't get past either science-bitch or the cleric lady. It's really a shame you can't enjoy difficult videogames.

Hook, line and sinker

This is exactly what I mean.

Which if you paid any attention to it, is literally in tie when all the big youboobers started playing it.
And I called this shit 4 years ago back in a thread for the demo.
This is going to be popular about a month after release when the hipster retards that pretend to like homestuck but probably haven't read the ENTIRE thing realize OH DAAATS DA HOMESTUCK MUSIC GUY! or a youtuber will play it.
And OVER NIGHT it will be stage 4 cancer. and You won't be able to talk about it because Entirely coincidentally The instant it gets played by a famous youtuber, people will start shitting all over themselves for anonymous approval.

Confirmed for posting on a phone.

I guess Terraria is shit too

I'm speaking about the term pixelshit being intended to describe indie games with terrible pixelart styles from hipsters who have zero understanding of it and/or fuck up a "retro" appearance.

Owlboy's art is impressively done which is why it doesn't fall under pixelshit, quality of the game itself withholding.

For the record, I'm more mad at the general trend than people involved in it.
It's very annoying to watch the same thing happen over and over for 14 years. with a different coat of paint.

if it's as good as rabi ribi then it is destined to have at least a weekly thread

maybe nobody cares about your gay ass fagowl, i don't know

I do think it's entirely coincidental. Do you think most people here pay attention to YouTube trends enough to give a shit what's the most let's-played game around at the moment? Are all of the overwhelmingly popular games that get discussed with no problem just extremely lucky?

This comment took 12 seconds to make!

Usually the 'reddit spacing' meme is exactly that, a shitpost meme, but paragraph breaks should cut up a longer piece of into different logical topics and ideas. When you're putting a double line after every fucking sentence like this idiot (>>11153394) does, regardless of topic, you have to realise how stupid it looks.
Save it for large text blocks. At this extremity, it actually makes it more irritating to reading. Or you could reply about how 'uneducated' I am.

The case is different, niche titles exist.

You're a cool user, user. Mind telling me how you know I'm the exact same person as them?

Goodness, you guys are not even subtle with your shilling anymore

This isn't Holla Forums, people here actually do it for free. LOL!!!

Now that your mention it, i haven't seen any Holla Forums propaganda around this board since weeks ago.

Not sure whether you're saying Owlboy is niche or not, but I don't think that explains away the contradiction either way. If it is niche, then your argument that it's too popular doesn't hold water. If you're saying the games I was talking about are niche, I'll clarify, I don't mean niche titles.

No you see, it's when a title that really only has niche appeal DOES get attention from typically mainstream outlets.

And how do you make the qualification that Owlboy or any game like it only has niche appeal? Doesn't seem like it has many rough edges that would turn people away.

That's because all the rabid lefties and other trolls that usually do the D&C shit is too caught up in the US presidential shilling.

I don't understand what kind of logic went into this

no pixelshitz is a term that means a lazy hipster dev thinks they can sell there non-game based on nostalgia. Usually it imply's lazy art too but not in this case. Take you side scrolling visual novel and shove it up your pretentious ass.

Faggots like you are welcomed to lurk but at least have the courtesy to shut the fuck up.

Never change

Torrenting now, gib me a sec and I'll upload some screens etc

Sorry if I take my own experiences in seeing how the word come into use in threads ages ago over the word of a shitposter like you.

Why do you need me to be active in the thread? Does your mom still wipe your ass for you?

100+ replies now about the game. My work was done the second I hit post.

Oh boy. Tempting, but I'm not sure I want to pirate a quality indie game 8 years in the making. Shit is cold, son.

Unless there's a demo you should be pirating to try it first.
With the price they are charging you definitely shouldn't be going in blind. And you should wait for a sale anyway

if you start a discussion about something, you should participate in it, but since you are a shill you should go fuck yourself instead

noice

Reasonable. I was going to wait for a sale and pick it up. Just beat the Shantae games so I'm itching for another 2D adventure/platformer.

All I see is Linkle or whatever that red nosed faggot from zelda was called

Tingle?

Found the SJW. But seriously, your first mistake was thinking I was trying to start a discussion. I wasn't. I was making a statement.

Your second mistake is thinking I give a fuck what you think.

Tingle was like the only thing with red nose in its game.
Here EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is tumblr-nosed. So take your shitty Tingle excuse with you.

Thats it

What?

so fuck off and take your shit game with you

Yep
Nope

I was talking about your pic you paranoid faggot

So when did the tumblr-nose reach prominence? because this game was being made as early as 2007.

Pretty sure it's bumplocked anyway

(^: it always was :^)

>>>/reddit/

joke's on you, here's an anti-sage

Somewhere between this game's inception and release obviously, as every single character in there fell victim to it.

Preserving the proper use of a word isn't a defense of anyone, but I have a feeling you know that.

I invented the world newfag
not even joking

Thanks for contributing to the board quality

ok I'll bite.
how?

No one cared who I was until I took off my face.

So I decided to try it, now at Owl Temple.

The grabbing and pulling chests from the ground (and food) is tedious, especially if you're carrying some fucker, you have to throw them off first. I'm also not a fan of the flying movement, walk off a ledge, you hover, and the whole hovering thing in itself, I thought it would be about keeping afloat but I guess not. I do agree that it has nice sprite art and music seems decent enough, reminds me of Ori. But I don't know what it is, I'm not feeling a thing, just playing.

Well yeah, didn't like it. What's the point of building a nice house and all that shit when it's some shitty pixels with low res?

I have to add that this is poorly optimized, a fucking 2D sprite game drives my processor up to 81 C at points.

oh Holla Forums.
truly never change

So I decided to try this "game" and hooo boy, I feel sorry for anybody who spent the full 25 burger tokens on this.
>Next screen bully birds are making fun of a cute pic related owl carrying a bunch of books
>Some neat puzzles involving hugging rain clouds to raise water level
>Enter fun dark jungle level

tl;dr game was mediocre garbage with shit plot, gameplay and forgettable OST. The only redeeming factors are that I really, really, really want to fuck the cute book owl as hard as I fucking can and that the game itself doesn't like complete dogshit despite being made with pixels.