Ps3 vs Ps4

Was this a part of Sony's plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_and_PlayStation_2_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_3).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no games :(

Of courshe

You know it's also something I felt, for both the PS and Xbox consoles. Maybe it's just because now I can afford them all and can afford all the games I want to play.

But Sony's plan would be to get you to buy a PS4.

I bought a PS4 because I was angry and needed something to distract myself. Indeed, there's fucking nothing for it, really. I have Dragon Quest Builders and Boringlands (used, of course) to use as a psychological experiment.

It is concerning that there's DICK on G2A for the PS4. For the PS3, you can get a buttload of decent games for a pocket full of change.

Good job.

some people say that the ps4 is still good for weeb shit, but even then the ps3 has more weeb shit and most weeaboo games that come out for ps4 come out for ps3 anyway

the mad man

Never owned one, now did ya?

This meme needs to die.

Why does this happen anyways? It doesnt even apply to systems now, but games as well. Like with Mafia 2, I didnt pay attention to how that turned out but after that Mafia 3 comparison video it feels like people are giving it a second look. Or the GTA5 compared to GTA4 video.

PS2 is actually my favorite Sony console and I've owned every one besides a PSP. I just needed an OP with all four on it.

PS2>PS1

because you're a contrarian nigger affected by nostalgia goggles

I've never owned a Sony console in my life. If I wanted to purchase one, which one would you recommend and why?

PS2

Really not sure why someone would even get rid of their PS3 at this point (provided they liked it, anyhow), since it's actually got a decent library now that it's in its twilight and the PS4 isn't even backwards compatible with it (or physically backwards compatible with anything). I mean, fuck, with a lot of systems in the past you could at least sell the older system while retaining the library to play on the newer one.

Admittedly the PS4 does have some effort to rerelease various PS2 games digitally for it, with "HD" upscaling and trophies the original games never had. Still, I highly doubt that everything worth playing will be rereleased (same has happened with the PS2 and even PS1 games for the PS3, where the PSN rereleases have been still lacking), so if you want access to the entire PS2 library for your region, it might be of value to do. Game prices are still pretty reasonable, a handful of them aside.

Honestly, I'm not real sure why people even buy new systems when they come out. Aside from launch titles that they do have, there's the notion of a promise of future games, meaning you're left waiting. Meanwhile, if you get into older systems after the fact, you've got access to established libraries of games with no need to wait. Only real downsides are game prices if the scalpers have hit the system (or particular games, anyhow) and there not being much point in making threads for now dead games/series that may have been much more prone to warranting discussion back in the day.

also backwards compatible with PS1 so it's technically two consoles for the price of one. That and it's a DVD player

Ps2 or PSP, get it softmodded.

PS2's aren't too expensive these days and feature backwards compatibility for most PS1 games as well. Most of the PS2 library is still pretty reasonable in price too. The PSP is also incredibly easy to set up to yarr harr with, and can play both PSP games as well as most PS1 games natively, albeit the latter requires them to be reformatted from ISOs to eboots.

I don't really see much of the point, when you can just buy a PS2 or PS2 slim and burn everything you want. I mean, I guess if you have the extra money and just want to support that game in hopes that Sony or whoever will take notice, sure, but most of the time Sony is just making most of the money off those titles and sharing very little with the company or the game's original developers.

Sometimes when I see these people paying huge amounts of money for expensive ass old games, i shake my head cause if all you're interested in is the game, you don't need to spend hardly anything for that. The only reason to buy any of the hard copies of a PS2 game would be either for pure sentimental value or just to have a backup just in case. As far as digital re-releases go, I think it's kinda like how tv stations make money off reruns of cancelled tv shows.

I dont think its that, Mafia 2 is pretty fun.

Its mainly because of hype. It makes you want to get the latest thing, even though it could have a lot of technical issues, bugs, or have less issued than what you currently have.

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were both decent but suffered badly from a case of being easy enough for a retard to play.

True. I mean, I still have a fat PS2 that works just fine and I'm playing stuff I missed out on when it was current. Probably having more fun than I would if I was one of those people that only stick with whatever's current. And while I have a PS3, I do't buy much as far as classic games go beyond flash sales. Would be nice if the PS3's PSN PS2 selection had some of the harder to find, more expensive stuff on it, like .hack or Haunting Ground (the latter is on the JP PSN), where I'd be more inclined to drop $10 than $50+ for a physical copy, but it doesn't, and if they do put those up, it's most likely to only be for use with the PS4. Hell, even looking at those "HD" collections for the PS3, for the most part they were just for common, popular PS2 games, and one of the cases where having the HD bundle would have been a real boon here due to prices (Yakuza 1 and 2), Sega didn't give a fuck about bringing it over.

I suppose it helps that I don't buy into hype and mainly just work at my backlog while waiting for a given generation to get its shit together.

If I get a PS2, should I get the fat model or slim model? This question applies to other Sony consoles as well.

Fat Model you can HDD mod so I'd suggest that. Slim model isn't bad for disc swaping though but then you're wasting money on DVDs.

I've got a fat PS2, albeit a refurb one, so I assume any issues it had prior got solved before going back out for sale. I have heard some people say that the laser lifespan of the fat has some issues, but they can also have the expansion bay, which people have found ways to set up an IDE drive to run digital games off of with it (which avoids the need for the laser in the first place). There's also some variance in compatibility between models, so maybe do some research if stuff you're wanting to play is prone to working on a given model (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2 for example, though I don't think this should be taken as a complete list).

On that note, all PS3 models are physically backwards compatible with PS1 games, but only the 20gb, 60gb, and 80gb are physically backwards compatible with PS2 games (as far as NA PS3s go; PAL is different). And even then, only the 20gb and 60 gb are fully backwards compatible due to having internal PS2 hardware; the 80 gb only has partial compatibility due to using an emulator instead of hardware to play them and thus some games will play on an 80gb with glitches, if they even play at all (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_and_PlayStation_2_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_3).

I have a slim one 7x series with an external hdd, no problems on my side.

Dark souls is on PC
DQB is on Vita
Gravity Rush is on Vita
you point is?

PS3:

PS4:

No not really

Windwaker at least kept full heart damage by the end for various enemies, and Ganondorf could easily whittle you down with lazy swipes of his swords. Meanwhile in Twilight Princess, the only times the quarter heart damage felt appropriate was at the beginning and Cave of Ordeals (the latter only by virtue of being a gauntlet that ends in fighting three Dark Nuts in very close quarters). Ganondorf should not have done the measly amount of damage per hit he did. I think the Ball and Chain Knight at Snowpeak was more of a threat.

How is it connected? Don't tell me you run it through USB.

Sony has never made a truly decent console.

the ds3 was a cheap piece of shit with crappy triggers. The ds4 controller was an improvement in every single category.

None, the PS2 has the best library but can be emulated fine now.

isn't it funny how all the best ps2 games were multiplats or games that got ported from gamecube and sometimes xbox?

I got both.

Yep, slow at times indeed.

You are full of it nancy.

Pick one.

That said, I'm still in awe that the PS4 has sold so well just out of spite.

What's the point in buying both of them now, though? I mean, I used to buy all the consoles for their exclusives… even when you had four fucking main-line systems fighting for games. But last gen… shit, pretty much everything went multiplatform, and I went with 360 since it still had a moderate selection of Japanese games and that's where my friends went. I always planned to go back at the end of the generation and get the few exclusives I missed, but fuck - most of them were either shit (MGS4) or made the "remaster" leap to the PS4 (GoW III). So why bother? And this gen, the PS4 is the only mainline system that even has exclusives at all. All of the Xbox's shit got hoisted onto the PC, except for Halo 5, which I stopped giving a fuck about after Reach. All my old Xbox friends have either quit, switched to PC, or moved on to Destiny - which I'm really not at all interested in. I might buy my cousin's old Xbone off him if they manage to get a game or two out by the time he upgrades to the Skorpio - and just use the cash that would have gone to the Xbone 1.5 and buy a midrange graphics card that out-preforms it for half the price.

It's not even console war bullshit at this point. PS4 won this generation solely on the fact that it actually has a game, and Microsoft saw that and decided that the best use for their system was to throw it under the bus in an effort to push Windows 10.

If you count Nintendo, then they'd been dominating these last few generations - either in sales or in games. I don't, because I fell for their "it's an attach purchase" bullshit. They re-defined themselves out of the running for me.

The DS4 controller has a battery life just about on par with my Sega Nomad. That's a pretty big fucking step back IMO.

That controller would be a solid 10/10 if it wasn't for the almost nintendo tier idea of shoving a touch pad in the middle of it. Don't fuck with a good thing, god damn it.