Spacehulk releasing December 9

Looks like EYE's map designer kept being an absolute madman.

Other urls found in this thread:

spacehulk-deathwing.com/game#gameplay
steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/0/343785574535807782/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis
fr.linkedin.com/in/françois-detemmerman-2b83b77b
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Armour#Patterns
forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-and-Accessories/TARTAROS_PATTERN_TERMINATOR_ARMOUR.html
tearsofenvy.com/termi-nation/introduction.htm
i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/Pannono/50BMG20mmHispano23mmVYa30mmMk101NS3.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just in time for my new PC parts. Nice.

Is coop confirmed?

Yeah.

Yeah. Story stuff is trimmed back in co-op mode and difficulty presumably increased, but it'll probably be the same level layouts and objectives. Only one player gets to be a librarian also.

This game looks pretty bad

I have one complaint - bolters feel puny and weak.

A full burst from a Storm Bolter into the head of a tyranid and it's still alive.
That's the first thing that has to be modded.

I assume the other terminators have other things going for them. At least one of the ones they keep showing is an apothecary, and I believe people saw references to the missile packs that terminators get on one of the map screens.

Are their legs okay?

It says 3 players only though. I thought squads were of 4.

Genestealers aren't all that tough,but they are a few leagues above a normal hormagaunt.

I dont know who Focus Home pays to market these games, but these guys can nail the atmosphere and over the top cheesy goodness.
Looks like the same guys who did Battlefleet Ghotic

i liked the original on the Amiga a lot

3 Terminators including you if singleplayer
5 if multiplayer

Looks fun and finally, a multiport game that puts PC first.

Are you sure ? It says coop missions with 3 players, same as singleplayer campaign.
Then it says 5 classes.

What multiplayer is there outside of campaign missions anyway ?

Im pretty sure of it
Cant remember where I heard it, but main site confirms.
Go to the gameplay tab, last slide.
spacehulk-deathwing.com/game#gameplay

That gore looks really neato.

Needs a mod where you shoot dildos at naked xenowomen.

Going from what I last heard about it; it's you and 3 other players meaning it's 4 player co-op. In co-op mode you play as the Terminators accompanying the Librarian, nobody gets to play as the Librarian in co-op.

That's pretty fucking heretical.

Now that there's an actual release date rather than "November" I might preorder it. zlooks great and judging by Battlefleet Gothic, Focus Home wouldn't release an unpolished mess.

Actually nevermind here's a link to a post one of the devs made
4 player co-op and you can all be Librarians.

you shouldn't

why? there is no reason to do this

jej

There's a beta before the final release and I'll get a refund if it's shit.

Website still has different info though.

Gothic had issues at start. At least with multiplayer and it took a while to iron out everything.

user

forgot image

A heretic talking about heretics!

user please, I can't handle this much retardation.

Don't really care about multiplayer a whole lot, I'd rather see if the atmosphere and core mechanics are solid.

Well multiplayer issues also means issues in skirmish.
Like being unable to spawn ship where you want to put it, or terrain bugs, unit choice bugs.

Like I said, check the gameplay tab
Third slide
Theres more info there

He seems to do the voices for every trailer, and makes them all seem amazing. Even that shitty Mars technomancer one.

Didn't really experience much of that to tell the truth. By the way, was anyone ITT around when EYE was first released? What state was it in?

Are you mentally retarded?

You can tell he got tired in the middle of this trailer. Still did a good job of selling what was going on, though there was less to sell compared to Gothic, and they haven't had him talking about librarian powers yet.

Make sure to secure those preorder bonuses while you are at it

You got trained well

Wasnt talking about the narrator, even though he does a pretty good job at it.
Im talking about the voice acting and the atmosphere of the setting along with its pace.

oh.. seriouslyl focus ?
you did good, you did really good with battlefleet gothic "early adopter"
and now you are fucking things up with pre order exclusive bonus….

JUST PUT THE LOST MACE OF CORSWAIN IN THE EARLY ADOPTER BONUS

you know the thing you did for battlefleet gothic: either pre order it or buy it in the 1st month after release

Isnt the Mace an unlockable and preordering just makes you get it at launch?

Looking at the system requirements, really does it need all the 8 Gb?

i think that's specific mace is only from preorderd, if that's how items work, might be wrong tho

8GB isn't that big when you take higher-rez textures into consideration.
Most games 10 years ago were 4-8gb, and they used mostly shite blurry low-rez textures (though really, console games/ports still often have shit textures).

>not preordering

Is it on steam only or what?

I see. Rumor is someone who works on those trailers is a fa/tg/uy. The launch trailer for Gothic was fucking great, even if it wasn't accurate to 40k lore. I'd actually prefer watching that to the last few big budget space battles in movies that I've seen.

Nice meme

bump

Suicidate!

I want to be informed like you. What am I missing out by not preordering?

Have you seen what their autistic map creator did with the tiny budget EYE had? Can you even comprehend the horror of what that madman did with a large budget?

Yeah, EYE is one of my favourite games when it comes to map design and character progression.
I'm really hyped for Deathwing.

Pre-order bonuses Goyim!

indeed. All that slowdown and stuttering at 2:13 and 3:05. Hopefully fixed by release, but doubtful given the current state of game development

like what sean murray did with no mans sky. giving small time workers huge budgets always works out in videogames :^)

No me interesanto, fagmigo

It can work out fine if they actually have talent and a unified vision for the game (and the publisher actually lets them follow their vision).

Iberians confirmed for not white.

bump

Here's a better one

Don't give a shit.
NOTHING that doesn't have an armor of a god or that doesn't come from the imaterium should survive to bolts to the head.

the game also doesn't have a scope that far outreaches the developer's ability and it's been worked on by a small-medium team for years and years by people that love warhammer
user's a fucking retard

Thanks

It's going to be another disgusting fucking disaster like vermintide. Expect constant "balance" patches that nerf everything fun until you're left with a boring, shitty abandoned game.

Eat shit heretic

Happens all the time now. Take a look at how much they've absolutely gutted Shadow Warrior 2 because a handful of autists who are never satisfied constantly whine on the forums.

1+3=4
this is why you don't do common core broski

The real question is: is it denuvo protected?

Would it kill you to wait a few more weeks even if it is?

No

Yes, I want to buy it if its good

Which still does not contradict my point. You give them Steam moeny, they receive their paltry cut (after the publisher got their due), you wait, get a cracked version and play it without yet another retarded protection assraping your PC.

So why you fags are discussing shit? Threads over, let`s set a hamachi server and kill some xenos on the 9th.

We could make this into a 40K thread considering theres none.

What lesson is there to learn?

t.normalfag

What lesson is there to learn?

normalfag defending pre order on the forum so hard …

no it will be an exclusive LORE weapon (corswain's weapon)

that's why the hype went all down for me.

moreover if it s coming from focus.
for battlefleet gothic they where confident in their game and created the "early adopter" status

and now they are rolling back giving exclusive stuff for pre order… are they that desperate to cash money ASAP?
for me that only mean one thing: the game will be disapointing
and that mean crack it (so that i get the pre order bonus) then play with friend in LAN.

its like bethesda.
they dont want reviews ? let s check their history:
oh~ fallout4 hum?
i guess they arent confident in their next game.

TN;DR
when one start using pre order with exclusive thing that mean the game will not be as good as planned.
remember evolve / battlefront / DA:Inquisition / eternal crusade / watch dogs etc ….

Good games have pre-order bonuses too.
A lot of Platinum's titles had pre-order bonuses.

why is that webm missing a part?

It depends. We shat on Battlefleet gothic too and it turned out ok, but with a starter month of trouble.
The only real moment to preorder is the day before the offer ends when all the gameplay vids are out and the game can be judged for what it is. And that is only if proper gameplay videos and ways to judge the game exist.

Streum-on or no, never preorder. Preorders are half the reason vidya went to shit post-2007. Always wait a week or two at the very least, so actual user impressions and reviews are out and most issues with the game are known if not resolved.

That become available later when the GOTY editions come out.

example ?
ther are pretty rare.
some are "good game" but bad if you look at the series…
for example:

Dragon age inquisition was a "good game" moreover if you concider the fact that it came after a cold shit like DA:2 … after that any sightly warm shit looks hot …
but and GODAWFUL dragon age game 100% linear with super short main quest, grind to the piont where if you didn t help X random farmer you cant progress in the story weak party/rpg element wanna speak to your companions? well better go back to HQ 1000km away because you can t do it outside etc….

battlefront: "an ok fps in star wars" but godawfull if you see what battlefront used to be.

Mass efect 3 was nice … but bad is you look at it as part of the series with an shit ending even with dlc (who didn t solve the issue, just double the ending cut scene, i dont even know why people said thanks to it…)

etc …

sjw game

My thoughts exactly. I just want to play games without stupid "balances" and "fixes". All modern coop games has been ruined becouse autistic few wants AI enemy have a fighting chance so all the waky overpower builds have nerfed to hell

What the fuck is with this redditspeak anyway.
He's breathing through the . key on his keyboard, throwing in all kinds of dumb pauses and extra line-breaks.
DOT DOT DOT xD

Fuck off, type like you passed highschool.

Those are genestealers though, they arent your normal nids.

Daily reminder that the levels in EYE are so fucking huge because their level designer designed them before trying to make them and when testing them he crashed Source engine and as a result cut them into smaller segments, good to know they kept the autism up for Spacehulk because despite how long it took to get around the levels, they were still comfy as fuck. That is also the reason why the sewers in New Eden are empty despite being so fucking huge. Although I don't fancy pre-order bonuses, I am still fairly hyped

are you implying you must be 8 and not use ponctuation to be "edgy" to be here ?

fuckoff newfag
but it will still give you a farewell gift:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

Do I dare get my hopes up?

You're obviously brain damaged.

Considering the fact that they stated they wanted to make the sequel to EYE like SWAT4, they seem to have a fairly good understanding of fun vidya. The only thing that could ruin this is if they end up being absorbed by a publisher.

dont fall into mindless hype, moreover since the pre order pack have an exclusive weapon in it (and not just early acess plus a discount).

moreover when it come from focus who previously did the oposit:
for me this is a sign of distrust from their game.
something smell fishy. wait and see

just like Bethesda who after fallout4 decide to not allow reviews (because they will continue on this shitty road?)

Do you have a cuckold fetish? Why the fuck would you spend money on a product you flat out don't want? Why the hell would you reward a publisher for saddling a game with such anti-consumer DRM bullshit that you wouldn't even want to play it in that state?

Anyone that pre-orders a Bethesda game and then acts surprised when it's shit only has themselves to blame.

I don't think you get to tout your grammar when you keep not capitalizing words, constantly misspell things and frequently forget punctuation. All of those ellipses could have easily been replaced by commas and periods. You aren't narrating dialogue, so you have no need to represent audible pauses or trails.

I thought it was just an instant unlock

agree and here the more i dig the stranger it get .

the odl Q&A this guy answered the question
fr.linkedin.com/in/françois-detemmerman-2b83b77b

he worked there for 1 year and now most of the Q&A are here to "correct" what he said.
for example:

————————-
>Francois Detemmerman: Yes, after we release the game we plan to keep updating it. For example, after a year we plan to release a full PvP multiplayer mode, along with a lot of new maps.
corrected by actual dev team:

or the fact that they seems to have simplifie skill tree (3 instead of 5 because melee/range are now linked to weapons)

so yea maybe thoses actual dev are more down to earth and true to their word than Mr Ubisoft .
and i m doing a shit post about things that mean nothing. but :

adding that to the fact that they give exclusive content for pre order only unlike what they did for their previous game …
something definetly feel fishy.

wait and see
my hype has calmed down just like my hard on after granny knocked on the door

sadly it isn't

In multi depending on your class and your XP

so less skills but weapons have different stats instead? how is this bad exactly?

are you implying weapon can t be different if you have a skill tree where you could specialize yourself ?
now i just throw it like that withjout giving much though, moreover because nobody played it yet. we dont know how class works.

wait and see but again something seems fishy

He didn't say he loved it, can't blame a guy for getting excited for a new entry in a series he likes.

Only passable if you're a hardcore Morrowind fag who doesn't care about gameplay.

If you're brain damaged.

Yes, I can, because Oblivion and FO3 came before it.

you implied they weren't different before the change

Can you play as Adepta Sororitas, aka Sisters of battle???

i m just quoting the Q&A

skyrim is only good thanks to the modding community .
frostfall skyRe etc …
you really can t play vanilla skyrim and call it great.

what do you want to get pregnant or something?

Fighting to not get raped gives should be more thrilling.

You do understand why they only ever send the most potent, skilled and heavily armored Space Marines into hulks, right?

If not even Astrates clad in Terminator armor are safe what the fuck are the Sororitas gonna do?

so weapons were unlocked with a skill tree and now they're unlocked is what they're saying, seems fine to me

so will you be able to play as the Grey Knights?

*unlocked through different means

I really hope they eventually add in variant suits. Would be sweet to tank in a Cataphractii or run around in a Tartaros suit.

You seem to forget that Nids are literally bioengineered weapons. Sure, it's hard to imagine anything surviving a bolt to the head, but if anything can, jeansstealers would obviously be on that list.

even it it was written:

i still took it as less customisation.
some "special move"/skill you could get with a thunderhammer if you decie to go full thunder hammer in your skill tree,compare to your friend who also currently wield a thunder hammer but prefer to build powerfist.

that s how i understood it. or at least that s what kind of possibility/depth you could get if you had a dedicated skill tree for melee and range skill .

Disembark from the assault shuttle with sacred fire in their eyes.
Scout the hulk, alert like the imperial eagle.
Make contact with the xenos and purge them for the emperor.
Get swarmed because a standard bolter squad won't repel a genestealer horde.
Watch helplessly as her sisters are ripped apart one after the other.
Get her morale broken, run away as a lone survivor.
Hear the crawl behind, around, and probably in front of her too.
Get surrounded and cornered.
Cry like a bitch.
The xenos pin her to the ground, rips her armour.
A genestealer runs his huge, moist, filthy tongue over her body.
A thick ovipositor emerges from its crotch, he then proceeds to ram its tiny sting into her neck, implanting the parasite near her brain while barely leaving a scar.
"Fuck you heretic, nids ain't sexy yo!" -Lord Inquisitor Torquemada

Oh, anyone is free to take a trip into a SH, and in many cases even a bunch of lowlife pirates might get out alright, with acceptable casualties, but the only reasonably "safe" way to deal with them is either to haul them into a course that sends them into a sun or call some marines to send in terminators.

Hopefully this doesn't die as fast as vermintide did.

That preorder mace is probably just a blinged version that may or may not have some slight bonus. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sisters love fire so much though, I bet they fart promethium.
Really, the best way to clean a space hulk would be to get a small team of terminators to plug any holes, those siege marines with shields and gravguns and whatever else you have that can hold a flamer, to secure the area while you set up a industrial-sized flamer connected to your spaceships' fuel tanks to scour the fuck out of the whole fucking thing.
Then just hope whatever neat relics and archaotech was in there wasn't flammable.

So why exactly do they clear spacehulks if it's so dangerous? Hopes of salvaging tech or something?

Usually, yes.
Seeing how they are giant fusions of ships that got lost in the warp, there could be god-tier golden age tech and STCs in there.
Or since this is Dark Angels, if there is a tiny microscopic chance that a Fallen is chilling out in it, that's more than enough reason to jeopardize half of the first company just so you can catch and torture the poor sod.

Geneseed farming.

Cool trailer. This is the only game I'm looking forward to.

A traitor to the God Emperor is no poor sod, he is a heretic and a blasphemer, and the only way to redeem himself is with a bullet to the head.

I still miss the days before BL's progressively shittier HH books, where half the flavour of the DA was the question of which side in their civil war was actually loyalist or not.

You can put a comma after every other word too if you want.

It'll still make you look retarded.

Linking to wikipedia definitions makes you look autistic though so I dunno. Either way go and tell your care worker you need to be taken off the internet. get them to take you to a park or something instead.

Depends.
Salvaging tech is a big one since a space hulk is an aggregate of ships lost in the warp there can be anything in it, from Terra-forming tech (lost in 40k but still around in 35k) to dark age stuff, to relics of the golden age (30k).
Also they can actually have survivors, lots of ships have cold quarters, stasis fields, especially for Ad Mech and elite members that are basically time and warp proof. A lot of ships are also very self-sufficient, meaning as long as their gellar-field generator(s) holds the ship can be lost in the warp but not getting tainted with part of it's crew (which can number in the hundreds of thousands) still around. Ships in 40k are built to last and built to suppress boarding action/mutiny making them internal fortresses. So you can have high ranking members of the Imperium holding out in safe zones in the hulk even if the ship has been lost for a couple of centuries.
Salvaging ships can also be a thing, if something worth the effort is not too much mangled/damaged/tainted cutting it out and refitting it is a thing, because lots of really powerful design are simply not produced anymore in 40k

Honour,
Vengeance,
lost tech,
chapter/legion relics,
possible arch enemy,
lost gene seed,
recovery of lost hero

Oh and last but it should have be first, space hulks are often full of dangerous xenos that you definitively rather fight in space than on the ground (Tyranids, Orks, demons), because while a careful and often resupplied terminator team can clean the space hulk one corridor at a time, if even part of the hulk manage to do a planetfall you're gonna have a full scale millennium lasting planetary war on your hands.

im just a cynic

Well a big part of Vermintide's death was because shortly after release they took a year to make a console port. Deathwing the console port is already announced so the PC version probably won't go a year without updates while they work on it.

just like a certain someone

They are into BDSM too.

yeah, there's one other mace in the armory, good thing since I like maces

I mean you could send Strom troopers into hulks

You could send all kinds of people to die, yes.

You could, but how many would come back?
How many of them implanted by genestealers?

BECAUSE IT'S FILLED WITH XENOS SCUM, AND THEY CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO TOUCH ALL THE SHINY THINGS ON BOARD WITH THEIR HERETICAL XENOS APPENDAGES.

IS IT WORTH RISKING HALF THE COMPANY FOR?

YES

IS IT WORTH RISKING RARE AND UNREPRODUCABLE TERMINATOR ARMOR FOR?

DOUBLY SO.

Wait, since when is terminator armor lost tech?

I think sometime after The Heresy. Only a few chapters HAVE terminator armor, let alone the materials to maintain, repair them. And Mars doesn't make any more, at least not since the Schism.

In fact, I think that's what I find the most GRIMDARK out of the entire Warhammer 40k universe, is the fact that all the cool gadgets and tech, and weapons and armor that they have are essentially running on fumes, and most of the toys in their arsenal just cannot be replaced, and that makes me very, very sad.

According to lexicanum, indomitus pattern terminator armor is still being manufactured an mars has the template, the problem is all the other cool patterns.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Armour#Patterns

Don't be sad, the closer to extinction humanity comes, the nearer the resurrection of the Emperor is.

Yeah, but the paragraph above it flat out says that "New" armor is really just cobbled together, and anything truly new is made at a very-very slow rate;

Well yes, but there is a difference between low production and scarcity of parts to flat out unability to produce anything anymore, you scared me alot there for a second.

That's what decontamination is for.

Also, it obviously depends on the hulk in question, the Imperium tends to keep track of all encountered hulks, so you could send a smaller scout/sacrifical party in it once to document what kind of threat, if any, is present, and then deploy the forces required to handle it the next time it warps into materium.

Rather than production issues in itself, the bigger challenge is the increasing attrition rate towards the current time of ending, not just in termie suits and marines, but also forgeworlds being lost or forced to focus on producing more generally useful equipment.

It's not

Is retarded. His lexicanum quote is from a fan site.

As a proof Terminator armor (like space marine armor) have actually evolved.
And like Space marine armor newer doesn't mean better.
The widespread one in 40k is the Mk. III Terminator armor.

You do know that lexicanum has sources, right?

would be worth upgrading?

You do know that sources are there so that you can check them when something retarded is written in an article right?

But i cant forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-and-Accessories/TARTAROS_PATTERN_TERMINATOR_ARMOUR.html

Tell me then, how is what is written on there retarded?

Reminder that you won't get a refund if more than 14 days have passed.

I'm really hoping that we get some sort of armor painter like in DoW so we can play as our own chapters or be epic memesters.

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy never got an SDK release, remember.

The lesson is that the mere mention of preordering delivers an enormous dose of butthurt to Holla Forums because in the past a lot of people pre-ordered absolutely irredeemable garbage due to their lack of foresight and taste.
Additionally due to the lack of any self control they continued playing their garbage vidya past the two hour mark instead of getting a refund.

speaking of 40k any good books to read?

NO FUCK YOU
YOU THINK MASS EFFECTS WAS GOOD THEN YOU HAVE LITERALLY NO TASTE
YOU THINK THE FUCKING ENDING IS WHY THE GAME IS SHIT
THE FUCKING ENDING WAS JUST A FUCKING MICROCOSM OF HOW SHITTY THE WHOLE FUCKING SERIES IS
THE WHOLE SERIES IS JUST UNSATISFYING DULLNESS
I MEAN HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE ENJOY THE GAME 90% IS WALKING AROUND SOME GAY ASS SHITTY CITY AND THE OTHER 10% IS HITTING SOME SHITTY ALIEN WITH SOME SHITTY ASS WEAPON THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A MEDIOCRITY OF FEEL TO IT, IT'S JUST PRESS BUTTON AND AYYLUIM DIES OR PRESS BUTTON 5 TIMES IN SOME CASES IT HAS NO FEEL IT'S JUST A FUCKING SHIT PIECE OF SHIT
SO FUCK OFF

You ok fam?

Just install FreeBSD

Hopefully Feral Interactive do a port with Vulkan

Gaunt's Ghost series, Cain series, Eisenhorn series.

For HH, the 3-4 first books at least, from then on it jumps around wildly and the quality fluctuates by a whole fucking lot, so check the synopses and maybe try something that sounds particularly interesting.

Most of all I'd recommend the FW books though, the whole history book approach is pretty cool, and really deals with the HH much better and in a broader scope.

Since you know a thing is this Gav Thorpe or whatever his name is any good or can we expect gay space marines climbing into assholes?

C.S Goto is the one you avoid like the plauge

Doesn't answer my question.

Gav Thorpe is middling, but he's usually not a huge lore offender. He's no Dan Abnett, but he's ok.

Dan Abnett shits on the lore and tone of 40k a lot.

Alright thank you. I don't want more space gypsies.

Beyond writing Corax into sort of a whiny emo, his biggest offence was probably the 4th ed CSM "Thorpedex" disaster.
But if you really want to read whatever then his name on the cover isn't a nope-sign in itself.

Alright thank you.

That's just for marines though.

they aren t really a "lost tech"

just like many thing. thoses made nowadays aren t as good as the relic of the golden age

Except that:
tearsofenvy.com/termi-nation/introduction.htm
is the source of that part.

Now step away from the keyboard and find a way to actively remove yourself from the genepool.

I know this like a day old, but even orks can survive a bolt to the head.

Even a small amount of normalfags know not to pre order.
Andwhy the fuck should you for an AAA game or even worse, a digital releasezm
Kill yourself shill

Will there be console split-screen?

No

That sucks. It would be fun to kill some Xenos with couch co-op. Hopefully if the game somehow does well on consoles, they can make it a Scorpio/PS Pro feature.

Don't you want to have fun with friends?

So how much does a terminator with a marine in it weigh ?
3 tons ?

How the fuck did you find this website and why are you still here?

Thats about the weight of an SUV
Id say thats more fitting for a regular MarkVII.

Not everybody has a rig that can run the game on PC for online co-op. Since nobody bothers to put splitscreen on PC these days and obviously the original Ps4 and Xbone will have a hard time of running the game, Scorpio/Pro are the only candidates left for splitscreen to work unless Streum makes a PC splitscreen patch.

Because I literally said that I would do it, not just guessed at what he can do with the viewpoint he has, what others sharing this viewpoint sometimes do.

split screen (AKA: console's DNA) is laughably dead on Sony/microsoft's console.
look at Halo 5 …

That's because most devs live in a bubble world where they think everybody in the world is rich enough to get consoles and powerful pc's, which is totally different from the reality.

Wow Sony shills are out in full force trying to get people to buy a second version of a console with so few games you might as well not get it.

1000$ spent on consoles
100$ spent on games for said consoles
Sounds great right?

Since when?
Maybe the really big ones, if it doesn't blow their brains out, but just part of the face

Actually, isn't the "newer" termie armor better?
And by that I mean the Intomidus pattern?
The GC ear one doesn't look nearly as protective.

Cunningly disguised daemons you mean.

The most famous example is Ghazghkull, who had almost half his head blown off by a bolt shell. Heavy bolters pack a punch, but regular bolters aren't that strong, compared to the horrors in the 40k universe.

What the fuck are you even on about you daft tit?

One or two? Maybe.

A dozen? That ain't a nid, but something that defies physical reality. Call in the Grey Knights.

Are you implying that the green fungi have brains?

Don't mistake human-sized bolters with astartes ones.

0.75-0.9 caliber. That shit rips APC's apart, without super-modern tech behind it. It's a 41st milenium tech HEAP micro-missile FFS!

case in point:
i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/Pannono/50BMG20mmHispano23mmVYa30mmMk101NS3.jpg

An astarter bolter should be the roughly the second one. Note that the first bullet on the picture is a 12.7mm.

At this point you have to consider what would work in a game, would a game with big waves of enemies you can one-shot be engaging enough? Does the 40k universe have anything they could add that would make for a tougher opponent and wouldnt be out of place on a space hulk? Are these enemies confirmed the only type of enemies throughout the campaign?

yea but that's not the point, if you bring friend home you dont expect him to bring his console, that s stupid.

money is irrelevant. Aside form nintendo the console's spirit where you invite friend for the night or afternoon and play while drinking beer/pizza etc … is gone.
to the point where PC LAN are more relevant than console LAN …

if funny now to see all thoses console faggot end up becoming exactly what they previously made fun off with shitty meme

That's pretty impressive, yes, and compared to everything else in 40k it's merely average. That's the point.

Well everyone else is rocking miracle tech molecular flayers, discount non-exploding plasma rifles, welded-together pipes, bio-quill launchers, boxes of pain and those guys with the flashlights.

Looks good. Whats the catch?

Demons, CSMs.

might be in game for all we know, I would expect more enemy types than few genestealer variants

The catch is that it won't sell well enough to get a sequel or sizeable expansion and/or they'll release small DLC packs for a premium. They're doing preorder bonuses, so this would not be surprising.

Are you retarded son?
In the current year PC has more splitscreen games than consoles.
Thats how fucking bad 8th Gen is, keep paying for that online boi.

If they make some large enough spaces they can cram Carnifexes and the like inside. Or big orks.

I just wanted to hope for splitscreen. Don't worry user, I'll be working for my Computer Engineering degree and hopefully I can return console splitscreen to its glory days and clean the other mess that both the 7th and 8th gen consoles left.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high, Streum On are still a tiny dev team. They can only add so much.

Shouldn't you be working on Console Engineering then?

For anyone that knows the 40k lore it is pretty obvious that they were baited by the Fallen.

That shit is not on Computer Engineering you retard.
Its on Management and Economics
You think these consoles are underpowered turds for no reason?
You think PS4Pro is going 4K30fps and not 1080p60fps for no reason when Sonys Electronics department is flunking just like most of them and their 4K TVs are selling like shit?

This isnt just about shit devs, no, its mostly about kikes executives and shareholders, many of which dont know a fucking thing about videogames.

More specifically, fucking Cypher, he better be in the game, considering this is the devs behind EYE and how good they were at fucking with your mind (and legs) and there's also Gav Thorpe.

Also, no Techmarine, frak.

Why do you want techmarines when there are techpriests in already?

I'll probably do a minor on Management then. It's about time a programmer/engineer runs the company.

I think he meant playable

That sounds like heresy, and I want to play as a defense-oriented Space Marine who focuses on helping his brothers and their broken legs with repairs and using turrets to mow down enemies while using a chainsword and stormbolter

Doubt it. Nothing goes in the spacehulk outside of the terminators. The techmarine does not have the gear to survive in there.

Wat ? Have you played the tabletop spacehulk games ? Even if there are techmarines in the crew they stay on the ship like any other regular space marine would. They'd get ripped to shreds, they cannot teleport, I doubt they have enough radiation protection etc.

Oh and
You are just thinking of other games now.

Techmarines are special snowflake badly designed trash and should be removed of the settimg entirely.

Are their implants preventing them from equipping teleporters or what?

A sufficiently chromed cybered techmarine is probably more radiation-resistant naked than a termie. The flesh is weak.

shit taste tbh, also they are essential coz chapters need repairs on the fly

Iron Hands would like a word with you (fucking shame they're also in limbo in lore)

Spotted the heretic.

Say it to my face fucker, not online, see what happens.

40k is mecha anime now
at least they're not dreadknights

Back when CM worked and wasn't abandoned yet again, I had 12 dreadnoughts in the First Company. That feel when I couldn't deploy them on a Hulk. AdMech should make a rule to only construct ships with corridors large enough to accommodate dreadnoughts.

For more than a decade now

GREATER GOOD
R
E
A
T
E
R

G
O
O
D

did somebody said Mecha?

That smug little bastard always gets to me

can't top the Tau

yeah, but tau are weebs by design, imperium isn't

I didnt know japanese culture was still a thing in the 40k universe

look at tau

Yes you can.
WITH BIG IMPERIAL DICKS EVERY XENO IS A BOTTOM

All I want is a Serious Sam clone starring an Ork Flashgit and lots of Tyranids.

Slaneesh goon pls

that s heresy you slaneesh cultist

Kek

I just want EDF but with a 40K coat of paint

What happens on the fields of battle stays on the fields of battle, between me and the emperor, until the grave!
:^)

why not…

right from the mouth of a slaneesh goon

What a missed chance

Hnnngf, that wayward bullet hitting that church bell and that bell actually ringing.

So nice.

I really hope theres more map interaction like that

Terminator armor was still in development when the HH happened.
The early design was Cataphractii armor which is more powerful and resistant than the Indomitus but is far less mobile. So they made the Indomitus that is less resistant but can move.
Then they made the Tartaros by combining both of those and the systems/compatibility of the Mk. IV power armor that probably would have been the standard but like the Mk. IV power armor (which is the best power armor, current space marines are in the standard Mk. VII and Mk. VI or Mk. VIII on occasion) it never got deployed mainly due to the mechanicum internal war during the Heresy.
As a result the simpler Indomitus is the one "mass crafted" and modified, with Indomitus Mk III being the current issue.

But because Terminators squad are fucking rare you can have chapter specific patterns because while all are basically specially crafted one by one at this point. No forge world can issue a 10000 terminator armors in a short time like they could for a space marine Legion.

I just want IG arma.

You're in luck

Bolters average? Nope.

What does that matter when all the enemy has to protect themselves is flesh and chittin (SHITin)?

Pretty average, in fact. Necron gauss weaponry gives those a run for the money, Tau stuff is also fairly out there.
Can easily stop an explosive bolt. And by "easily" i mean bigger 'nids just don't fucking care about your dainty pop rock spewers.

I thought Necron tech was beyond all the other races

far beyond*

But bolter rounds are AP with delayed HE.

But tyranids evolve their units to counter imperial weaponry.

So that's not chitin anymore, then. Because chitin is shit at resisting metal things that are launched at it with sufficient force.

APHE, not HEAP. The AP is the primary function and the bursting charge only matters once it's done that.

Nigger, is science ficction from a tabletop game, Stop being an autista applying real world science to it.

Oh, so logic and cause and effect does not apply? Then Imperium improves their weaponry to counter Tyranid evolution. Ex dee.

No, it doesnt, the imperium has been technologically stagnant for millenia, please stop trying to discuss 40k if you know nothing about it.

Nigger, is science ficction from a tabletop game, Stop being an autista applying real world science to it.

I have nothing but faith in Streum On, but I am still not pre-ordering, because I'm not entirely retarded.

Nice, so you will just shitpost instead of recognizing that youre wrong and an autist.

There's no point not waiting until at least the 20th when betafags can start uploading footage anyway.

What? He isn't trying to apply any kind of science to it. He's in fact doing the opposite.

Then what is and

You should probably read better or gain reading comprehension as well.

it is but not everywhere chitin is good for melee

Let's just say, they wouldn't make it up the stairs to the second floor of your average wooden 21st century house. SQUAD BROKEN

Again, anything can go in a space hulk, and they're routinely inspected by regular PA marines, Inquisitorial warbands, Rogue Traders' private armies or anyone greedy, desperate or dedicated enough to take the risk, they just aren't in the game.

Yea, bolters are practically the average baseline, at S4 you kill most regular infantry reliably if you hit, and you might scratch light vehicles and medium infantry as well.
The lore never really gets reflected in the games properly, or the marines would've been way too OP.

I'm genuinely excited. I'm not going to preorder, but EYE took a lot from 40K, and you can see the similarities in movement and UI. Saw other videos with weapons jamming, too. Streum On is the perfect studio to dev a game like this, and I'm praying to the God-Emperor that the publishers won't fuck it up. What I've seen so far looks good, and I'll probably buy after giving it a trial run on a pirate copy.

The guardsmen all look so fucking bored.

that enlarges my penis

Why wouldnt they?
Tis only the 10th wave after all

It was in a pretty good state at release. They had to fix the multiplayer some, because they didn't think people would actually try to do 32 person coop, and they had to make the final end easier to get since no one found it, but I don't remember anything game breaking.

I think Focus Home generally avoids meddling. I mean shit, they published Styx and approved a sequel despite it being a hardcore stealth game that half the players on Steam never got past the tutorial and less than 10% finished the game.

I think Focus Home will let Streum On do their thing. GW usually doesn't seem to meddle in the games either, they're tight fisted with their IP but pretty lax on canon once they've licensed it out, and Streum On are 40k fans and seem to know their shit anyways, so I can't see GW getting upset over anything.

It was really unstable and had a shitton of bugs. However they did a really good job cleaning it up and got pretty much everything (I think there's still a crash on 32 bit systems every other mission but that's about it, and there's no excuse to be on a 32 bit system anyway). That was mostly because it was a tiny studio with no budget and on a godawful trash engine (Source), so I expect SHDW won't be buggy, now they have resources to do QA.

Yes, but this is space hulk: deathwing, not just spacehulk. So it's termies.

Vid related. Plasma cannon jams twice around 1:40. Give the entire thing a watch though, the sound design is excellent.

There are so many ways that it looks like a very polished EYE. The gigantic hordes, the ridiculous clouds of blood and limbs, damage being done to body parts, there's even the same jerky effect while being hit while blocking with the shield that EYE has when you block with the katanas. It really is a Streum On game.

That's fantastic to know.

Thats not jamming, thats a cooldown to balance the weapon.

dude the cooldown is the recharge time between each shot.

jamming is something that often happend with plasma weapon in w40k …

I wish the design matched the lore, because Cataphacti doesn't look more protective, it looks more mobile.

I could care less about tabeltop rules, tabletop is shit and it's limited by balance and 6-sided die (lore wise, astartes and human bolters are not the same, but in the game there is no difference)

You can't "evolve" to counter HEAP amounition retard. How the hell would that work? You can't come with even a remotely plausible explanation.

It even says "Weapon jammed". Frequent jams might be a way to balance it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other weapons jamming less frequently.

Two-layer chitin with a thick gel layer between them. Round hits the first layer and penetrates but is slowed, gel absorbs shock from the impact and slows it further while the inner layer stops the round. The gel then absorbs the damage of the explosion.

Stupidly unlikely, but still.

Prepare your anguses.

like i said: it s NOT a CD: its just a way to "balance" it just like in TB or any game.
the cooldown is the time you have to wait between each shot .

I believe the game will be good. Still I'll wait for reviews before I buy it after release. This will be the first game I bought since Vermintide last year.

that would make the tyranids super-thick & slow & heavy & clunky to move, or be so thin that it would be useless

called it on the forum: better screencap.

dont forget focus are the one who created the "early adopter" thing (where you get the SAME bonus if you pre order, buy day one of within the 1st month pre order just get early access… duh!)

and now ..strangely they go back to toxic pre order marketing .. i wonder why ….

That describes Tyranid armor pretty well, actually.

they have it worse, theyre russian

And thank the Emprah for that. Abnett is a terrible writer

Of them all, Thorpe is just about average. Not too good, not too bad. I even enjoyed his Last Chancers series

Did you not like Gaunt's Ghosts? Shit taste tbph

I don't give a singular fuck about Whorehammered, but I like EYE so I'll probably pirate it at the very least.

What's not to like about purging xenos? So long as you don't autistically follow the lore, there is plenty of fun to be had in warhammer vidya.

You're a goddamned retard Ill tell you that much

You do know that E.Y.E was heavily influenced by Warhammer 40k, right? That Streum is filled with a bunch of people who love 40k, right?

I mean holy fuck, you basically travel through a warp gate every time you die.

Tbh Blade Runner had more influence on E.Y.E. than Warhammer did

That wouldn't work. You'd need a BIG layer of gel and thick plates, and even then it wouldn't be enough. Do Tyranids look like they have big, thick gel armor?
A 20mm round goes trough an armored APC

They are the Tyranids. They are the HORDE. What use is armor when you have 10000 more bio-forms?
They should never, ever be tough and super-strong. Not only is it stupid, it defeats their whole schtik.

Calm your ass you triple niggers, I didn't say I disliked WH, I've never even played any of the games, I just said I don't care about the series.

Yes, I did. That's why I have such a poor opinion on Abnett.Plot armor out the ass, shit like an unarmed faggot guardsman killing 20 armed cultists at once with his fists, a few squads killing literally thousands chaos soldiers while only losing one man, 'muh stronk womyn!', and plotlines filled to the brim with Deus Ex Machinas and clichés. Not to mention that descriptions of battles are literally the only thing he can do - literally everything else is dross. He's so shit that even fucking Stewart mocked him in some of the Ciaphas Cain books

I read 'did you not like' as 'did you not read'

When did I ever say that
user please

Blade Runner influenced a whole generation of cyberpunk media and as such most media borrows heavily from it, thats not the point though.
E.Y.E heavily borrows from 40K and it shows

No, like direct influences.
Some levels like Electric Sheep and weapons such as the BK are ripped straight from Blade Runner.

So?
Theres a whole arsenal not influenced by Blade Runner.

Like? The closest I can think of is Vermintide and that's not even a 40K game.

You dont know a fucking thing about 40K, do you?

I'm almost certain he's talking in terms of gameplay.

So he thinks Deathwing is 40K itself?

I'm not sure we're on the same page here.
This entire time I think he's meant there's no Warhammer games similar to E.Y.E. in the gameplay aspect, while you've been talking about it in the tonal aspect.

Well shit, my bad

You're a fucking retard. Blade Runner happened before cyberpunk had a chance to become a thing, and heavily influenced the genre. William Gibson was still writing Neuromancer when it released, and was worried that people would think he was ripping it off.

To be fair EYE is a lot better than 40K, you can like EYE and not care for its inferior predecessor.

how retarded must you be to say something as stupid as "X game is better than Y univers"