3DS CFW+Homebrew: Self-Downgrade from V11.x Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.1:
You can not run any CFW, yet
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade ← This may soon be updated to allow downgrades without a second 3ds
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accesible on both 11.0 and 11.1
>11.2:
You may potentially have been fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/wchp3gnN
archive.is/Zs2nZ
gbatemp.net/threads/steelhax-a-steeldiver-subwars-secondary-entrypoint.440673/
twitter.com/forer0
web.archive.org/web/20161105032225/https:/twitter.com/forer0/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ahzdf/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_november_2016/
plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/tag/20160919
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/
github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwjok_9TfqNCYUJQQnhaMF84OTQ/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxsuGeydc-YhM2lRa2h6bmZQOGc/view
mega.co.nz/#!hAV1QQbZ!5dCcoxKmtvz0cNx6vdMm5cPWOx5mmpiHrfctiqhnyjc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3ds shack and the gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/wchp3gnN
Last Thread: archive.is/Zs2nZ

Realistically, when should we expect a broken street date/ early leaked copy of Sun and Moon?

What were the steps to update rednand? Just update from system settings in the rednand?

Yes

If you're super lucky, a journo will leak it or have it stolen by an intern in the next week.

If not, a stupid retailer may release their orders early, and so long as one guy with CFW gets it or finds out about it, we get it.

If all else fails, we sit and wait patiently until the 18th.

Why do people like freeshop? All I've ever gotten it to do is crash, and while I can't download in sleep mode, ciangel has reliably worked for me for months?

If a prerelease build leaks early than all the better. But if not its only like 14 days before release. 2 weeks is fucking nothing

because it doesn't crash for them

Freeshop doesnt have a sleep mode function, but it has a power-saving mode that kicks in after a few minutes, and can autoshutdown after its finished.

As for CIAngel, I've never gotten speeds over 250kb/s, same as FBI, while Freeshop gets 560kb/s, the max a 3ds can do.

Post what the errors are, goof.

because I can use a sweet custom bgm with freeshop

Is it still safe to update if I have a9lh

well I haven't played with it much, just tried installing it a week ago and tried it again a couple of times last night.

I installed it through the qr code, and it said something about missing a titleid file before crashing. is there something else I have to put on my SD card for it to work?

This should seriously be in the OP. It's the first thing I look for when coming to these threads. "safe for luma a9lh to update?"

It's under >cfw
it's just that nobody reads it
even if a new part was added just to explicitly say it is safe to update, nobody will read it.

I have a problem guys. I had my 3ds homebrew only which was accessible from browserhax and homemenuhax, but ever since I did something to my SD card that I don't remember, I cannot access homemenuhax anymore. the only way I can get into my homebrew is with browserhax, but that requires an update. Is there anything I can do right now? Or do I have to buy a game in order to homebrew?

use browserhax to upgrade to a9lh

Take it from someone who just installed CFW on an 11.2 system: you are not fucked. At least, you are not any more fucked than you were on 11.0 and 11.1. The DSiWare System Transfer downgrade works just fine on 11.2, although there is one important thing to note – the version of Steelhax the guide links won't work on 11.2, so use the one found here instead: gbatemp.net/threads/steelhax-a-steeldiver-subwars-secondary-entrypoint.440673/

but I cannot use browserhax because it asks me to update. I'm on version 11.0 as well.

buy steelhax and do this

but that is a secondary exploit, which means I need another game in order to run it. I have some supplies for hardmodding, should I just do that?

The 11.0-11.1 exploits only apply to unmodded 3DSs, right? If I already have a modded 3DS, it's alright to update as normal?

if you're confident in your soldering skills

Like fuckiing clockwork…

Are you on CFW or A9LH? If so, update.

If not, dont. How fucking hard is it?

Hardmod would work, but the secondary exploits is just to enter HBL, and needs a kernal 11 exploit to use downgrades. There is at least one dev who has an exploit and is waiting until December to release, after Pokemon, mainly, so they cant patch it out.

How do I update FBI?

Anyone have experience with replacement 3DS sticks and want to recommend one?

If it's the one after the big update there is an update function in the app towards the bottom. Otherwise you have to delete the thing after installing the newer version.

When was the big update?

It's the reverse for me. Freeshop is rock-solid and CIAngel is flaky.

Yes but install A9LH there is literally no excuse not to anymore.

If the app is just a black screen with text you have to do it manually.

I should be good then.

Why?

Yeah, the wait isn't bad at all. Although I like being able to say that I played the new pokemon game before the single friend I have yet to convert to cfw.

what's going on here, help

What step did it fuck up on?

is there a hack more comfy than a9lh?

no fucking clue
if i try to start the system with no SD card inserted it'll power on for a split second and then go off again

Well if you already installed A9LH the thing cannot boot without an SD card anymore. Nobody can really help if you don't know what you were doing when it broke?

New Luma release writes to CTRNAND soyou can boot without an SD.

Backup emunand.bin, then dump it to sysnand by holding start on boot and navigatig menus.
If that fucks up, go to reddit/r/3dshacks and see if one of their premiere autists can help you out.

Oh really? That's pretty cool.

so I have 9.2 n3ds do I not have to worry about the 2.1 downgrade for the otp key?

No. Read the goddamn guide. You would of literally found this out in 4 clicks.

That's 5 clicks too many user

I did read the guide but I found it unclear figured even if I got shit Holla Forums would be the place to tell me yay or nay on needing the 2.1 downgrade for the otpkey

Downloaded Pokemon Sun, now Downloading moon.

Gonna feel good just to get the seed key and play the game immediately.

On the bottom of the page about decrypt9, it says n3ds users click a seperate link and dont need to downgrade.

Nobody know?

Dont know, and I certainly dont know what this about a folder is.

Might try freeshop, its on the first page.

Sidenote: anyone know how Cruel updates the Freeshop? It's a bit shitty that you have to wait a few days for something that could probably be automated. What happens if he suddenly dies or something absurd like that?

Anyone know/tried if you can send over the extras from the demo to the preload?

Is there a specific SD or Micro SD card brand i should get?

Just don't get a shitty brand and it may be nice to get one with faster reading speed, but generally not much.

Generally nothing larger than 64GB because then you trade capacity for shitty read/write speeds. Don't forget to format it as FAT32 or else the 3DS won't recognize it.

My games don't seem to update.
The console tells me that my games need to be updated, i try updating, it tells me yhe process is completed almost instantly and nothing changes (game isn't updated and message to update is still there)
Could it be something to do with me hacking the console? Wat do?

Try downloading the update as a .cia?

You can get updates in the form of a. Cia?

Yes, 3DSISO.com

Or 3dschaos.com

It's run by an autistic sanic fan who steals all of his shit from 3DSISO or elsewhere, then password's the fucking compressions. And on the off-chance his yiffing friends post something, he deletes their post and adds the item in question to his own posts.

Fucking furries, I swear man.

Shit man, I didn't know.
What a world we live in.

I can wait for the day that they're legally recognized as non-people

But the update nag is pissing me off…

He just meant don't update if you haven't hacked yours yet, right? Does 11.2 get in the way if A9LH is already installed?

refer to

ctrl+f, update or 11.2 before you ask these questions. got dam. the thread isn't that big yet

yeah, 11.2 patches potential free downgrade methods. but why do you have the nag? cfw blocks it

What is the difference between normal Luma and Hourly?

Hourly supports sd-less booting
Regular can boot v11.2

LUMA 3DS @ V6.5
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

well, time to turn on my 3ds and update

i think i fucked up somewhere guys

Oh, apparently whatever I did sent me back to 9.2 when I originally was on 11.2. So I think I went back to sysnand or something?

Never mind, my sysnand was 11.2, I just did some dumb shit that wasn't worth explaining and I fixed it.

I'm going to assume it was some emunand fuckery and will tell you to upgrade to a9lh

upgrade to a9lh

No, I just swapped to an old emunand that was from my gateway that I should've gotten rid of a long time ago. I don't even use Gateway anymore.

the only time freeshop crashed on me was the first time i tried to use it and that was because i put the key data in the wrong folder, otherwise it has always been solid for me no matter which server i choose

I lost all of my homebrewed shit, but I still have preboot functions. How do I load from my recovery point?

how did you lose it?

Is that important?

it doesn't hurt to give context

So i was planing on getting a New 3DS and hacking it. I want to buy the Sun and Moon bundled one but i don't know what frameware it comes with

with steelhax you're able to self downgrade via dsiware now

It was incredibly dumb on my part, but since you insist.
I was playing Animal Crossing after the update hit and I forgot that you're not supposed to use a manual update, but it wouldn't even let me update because my system wasn't updated to the current firmware. I guess I sent Nintendo the kill signal anyway because all of my games disappeared a little while later.

Updating Animal Crossing, I mean.

I only go to his site if the link isnt available anywhere else. Sometimes, password protected zips are a good thing.

Usually that just results in an eshop error. I don't think they can wipe your SD like that. This is Nintendo we're talking about.

Well, where did my games go?

Can you still use FBI to check to see if they're still installed?

Yes daddy

Nope, it's gone too. The game data seems to still be on the cart according to data management, just not the panels to access the games.

Your game files on your sd has been wiped? A nand restore wont fix that. Have you ever backed up your entire sd card?

Did you use the OP guide to use cfw, or are you still running emunand? Because the only thing I can think of is that you're still using emunand and it just booted you back to sysnand somehow.

I used the OP guide. Didn't it mention backing up your SD Card?

Yes, do you have a backup of your sd card available?

Yeah, I think so. How do I restore it?

copy and paste the non homebrew folders, that's where saves and games are stored. If you're games still don't show up then the titlekeys might have been wiped.

It's been a while since I've dealt with it, but I think there were also backups you made through decrypt9 you can use

How do you update Luma3ds? And A9LH?

Luma comes with its own updater; as for A9LH, Iunno

check the guide for instructions on how to update a9lh. It rarely updates

Last question, im on 11.2 with Luma3ds and A9LH, am I fucked? I recently changed my INTERNET wifi password so my n3ds hasnt had Internet since I updated if for a few weeks.

Do I put internet back on? Does this talk I see saying that you're on 11.2 apply to me or only those who dont have CFW and have a clean 3DS that they want to downgrade?

mmmno, you're fine. Luma wouldn't let you update if it broke anything anyway.

no

How do you turn off auto installations from the eshop? I cant find it in system settings.

What do you mean by auto installations?

Like when I turned on my internet it gave me a gift about the sun and moon demo.

Oh, that's something to do with spotpass, the only part technically involving the eshop is actually downloading it.

by which I mean, the icon gets added to your menu by spotpass, and if you decide to open the application after unwrapping it, it sends you to the eshop to download it.

you have to actually go to the eshop and download when you get those gifts. It's not autodownload and there's no stopping it

OK, copy and pasting worked. I think I'm still missing a lot of games, but I have FBI again so it's not as severe an issue. Thank you.

that's why context is key, you probably would've been told to restore an older sysnand, which would have done nothing

How do I install themes? OP doesnt cover it.

CHMM2 on the homebrew menu. You don't even need cfw to use it

What file do I put in the /themes/ folder?

you put themes in there

What he said.

Use google for those or do the better thing and make your own. There's a decent tutorial and it doesn't take a lot of skill. It's literally just drag and drop.

Yeah I got it working but the text came out weird and Im having trouble exiting CHMM2 and going back to homebrew.

Nevermind I figured it out.

Actually I installed my 1st theme but it wont let me scan for another theme anymore.

Will we ever get something like F.lux for the screen?

If you want to sleep the last thing you should be doing is playing video games. The thing does have automatic screen dimming at least.

I find them easy on the eyes and most comfy.

Anyone know of a site that has the sun/moon preloads on it? FBI is giving me problems, stopping with 5mb to go, FunkyCIA stops half way, and so does CDN-FX.

Is it even worth preloading? Lots of people have said they just recieved shipments for the games, so I suppose someone will misplace a copy, and one guy on 3dsiso said he gets his copy on the 14th. Remembering, of course, carts dont need seeds.

CFW doesnt block update nags, only TubeHax does.

IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE HAPPNING

Was browsing through 3DSISO for Mario Party, and some guy mentioned a Twitter account that keep saying he's about to dump one of the Pokemon games.

His tweets are all over the place, and apparently he's a foreigner, but from what I can read, he is with a copy of either Sun or Moon, and will be posting proof that it has already been dumped on his SD card in the next 30 minutes.

twitter.com/forer0

It's probably a hoax and more proof you Americans should build walls.

I expect 3.2GB of gore, dolphin porn, or dolphin gore.

Where do people even find that much Dolphin Porn? Do they just copy the same image over and over? It's gotta be 3.2GB of unique images or it doesn't count.

confirmed hoax

I mean, 3.2gb of dolphins is unlikely.

Now, 3.2 of dolphins, meerkats and queen bee artificial inseminations, I can see that happening.

Huh, it wasn't locked 10 minutes ago. Let me try the link I got from 3DSISO again

That's a little excessive. I don't know if I can stand three gigs and change of shit that kinky.

Fucking JewSpic locked his account right after I fucking posted. I've made a quick account and sent a follow request. Should get a quick reply, as he was only just online to lock it.

Just think:

Sad times we live in.

Okay, found a wayback.
web.archive.org/web/20161105032225/https:/twitter.com/forer0/

There were more tweets after that. One a poll for which to get, Moon won by a small margin. Then he posted image of his smokes, Walmart and 3DS, said he'd be home 15 ago, which is when he locked it.

i'm drunk and didnt get a snap of the zoom in on his computer, but these were the lat 2 tweets I saw before it locked.

fake as fuck.

Okay, guys. I have an incredibly important question.

Is it possible to install this patch on an unhacked 10.3 N3DS without hacking it or only temporarily hacking it? I got a lot of shit on this one and I plan on transfering it to another N3DS but until then I'm fucked.

What patch? Also why not hack both 3DSes?

Woops, the ACNL patch.

Because I still want an official 3DS for official 3DS business. Mostly I got a lot of effort put into it and don't want to accidentally brick it by fucking up and losing all my shit I paid for. I mean, If I could update to the latest firmware and still hack it'd be great, I don't want to go out and buy a whole new N3DS just for that shit for just the patch right now though. I might end up trading in my old ACNL game for the Welcome Amiibo edition if I can't figure out how to get the patch without updating

Question about Tomodachi LIfe and regions if anyone happens to know; Is it impossible to run an EU cia on an NA system and vice versa just for tomodachi life? I've got an EU system and have run NA cias before, as well as having run an EU cia for tomodachi life before, but I prefer the NA tomodachi life to the british one so I installed it off of freeshop. For some reason it repeatedly crashes and forces a reset though. I could imagine that there is something in the 3ds' system that tomodachi life draws on to work and if that's different to what it's expecting it just crashes, but I might have just forgotten to properly delete the ticket or save data or something when I wiped the EU tomodachi life before.

You have to update to do a system transfer, so you may as well do it now if you don't want to risk a brick by putting CFW on there. I am fairly sure there's nothing a clean 3DS can do that a hacked one can't, you just can't cry to Nintendo if it goes wrong.

Isn't the AC:NL patch released officially? Download through eShop.

Anyways, hacking is undetectable, can't be undone, requires no experience, is EXTREMELY hard to fuck up at this point, and won't lose all of your legitimate purchases or saves.

Can't imagine why that is, but your idea of the saves could be the answer. Try deleting the US version through System Settings, and clear save data as well, then reinstall. I didn't know the two had a difference, so the saves would account for the crashing.

You can, now. A9LH can boot without an SD card, and as far as I'm aware, without the SD card, it looks like a normal system, unless they decide to open up your CTRNAND for giggles.

Do updates still stick after a system transfer? I already know the answer, I'm just asking for false hope.

I also just realized I don't want to fuck up My NNID. I'm pretty sure I fucked up the NNID on my hacked 3DS because I always get errors when trying to access the Eshop. The one on my N3DS is my main one and connected to my WiiU and in the unlikely off chance I actually do get a switch I don't want it to fuck up that too.

If I can do it without fucking my NNID I'll go ahead. Isn't there a way I can do a backup to regular unhacked 3DS as well?

Backup? Like saves? Yes, access HBL, which can be done on any firmware, then use JKSM through HBL.

It can easily be done without fucking up NNID. Just do it, see what happens, and on the off chance your NNID is broken, post here, as there's a fix for it

I wasn't exactly paying enough attention when installing Hyrule Warriors Legends updates and "reinstalled" version 1.50. Now the game won't run.

Should I try reinstalling it again, or will updating with the 1.60 update fix it?

Yes they do.

The current A9LH setup guide should preserve it. You can even do it for emuNAND. But I've always started any hacks from a formatted one out of OCD.

Well that would depend. If you've got hacked games on there, or a firmware string reading "Sys ##" you're giving it away.

Pretty sure games and Sys ## would be saved onto the SD card. From what I know, the SD-less boot only keeps A9LH running in the background of CTRNAND, but does look like a normal system, unless they check that specific component.

Reinstaling updates has never proved an issue before… Try again with 1.5, it might be an on/off switch. If not, use Freeshop, go to game list and delete the game's updates, not the game itself. Freeshop is only updated to 1.5, so you'll need that 1.6 update cia to be done manually.

Just waiting until that bastard on GBAtemp finishes making an automatic Freeshop cache updater.

Cool beans, thanks.

Trying to hack it but browserhax keeps getting stuck on a red lower screen and a black upper screen.

You didn't place the boot.3dsx file on the ROOT on the SD card, or you didn't place Smealum's starterkit 3ds folder on there, did you?

If you want, you can message me on Steam while I replay the first 3 Hitman games, might get you a faster reply.

I missed the part where it said "contents" and not the whole folder.

Nice.

I did that and now it's a dingey yellow color instead of red.

Is the homebrew starter kit extracted to the SD card correctly? boot.3dsx should be in the root. Otherwise, just keep trying, all non-A9LH hacks are imperfect.

Be happy too that you have an N3DS because those are the simplest systems.

That would be orange. Normal for Browserhax, just keep trying until it goes past orange, then it looks like the screen is about to kill itself, and bam, you're in HBL. From there, Menuhax.

None of that pedoshit now, user.

Just wanted to thank cfwanon for these regular threads keeping us up to date. Call me sentimental.

The guide gets weirdly vague when it gets to menuhax. It asks me about 3 questions that weren't on the guide. like if I want to overide my current firmware.

Odd, never heard of that before. Hit no unless you know you want something.

The tools change once in a while, so you have to adapt to that. That option is only for when your sysNAND version is detected wrongly, because each version needs a different payload.

Don't be like that.

That guy on Twitter is still locked, but I looked for tweets mentioning him, and from what I can gather, he won't show the box/cart, and is now asking for "4 digits" without a screenshot of anything.

I love mexicans.

I got a problem. I got two foulders with 32 character IDs in them

As a general rule, the one taking up more space has games on it, so that might help.

Which step are you up to? Helps if I know why you need the folder.

ok amigos give me the rundown on what a cfw can and can not do

You can install 3ds, GBA, SNES, NES, and Game Gear games all for free. Online multiplayer works for online games, and it is impossible to be banned.

Which CFW, is the general question.

Most, if not all, can:

Then there's a giant list of everything else.
Unless you're an anti-pirate cuck, the kind that post in Share Threads, then you should get it, as there's no drawbacks.

sounds pretty good, any good homebrew games because the wii u homebrew games are mega suck along with is there like a package manager that can keep shit updated?

0 drawbacks?
so it's like Wii U except permanent?

I ended up googling it within the folder and finding four so I deleted them all. I probably fucked some shit up

There's homebrew emulator for things like DOSbox and whatnot, plus a couple ports of games like Quake and DN3D. Nothing outstanding, mostly for piracy. Apparently the thing is hard to code for unlike the PSP.

When I say 0 drawbacks, I mean if you follow the guide and get Arm9LoaderHax, A9LH, going, you will have full control of the system, plus piracy, in a few hours. The only drawback I can think of is beng unable to send it to Nintendo Support, but there's online services that you can ship to, and there is a way for Nintendo to theoretically not find the modification, but no one has done it yet.

As for updates, by A9LH, there's only two things to update: A9LH itself, which has updated 2 times in the last year, to my knowledge, and one of those was someone forking it because the original dev stopped. The second thing to update is the actually CFW, LumaHax, which is done with a homebrew app that you run off the system like a game once a month, tops. There's nightly builds for LumaHax, but only use the Stables.

Not that I know of, but you will literally never be bored with official titles from the massive 3DS, GBA, GBC libraries which - if you don't - you should have a massive backlog of already.

No. Each update must be installed individually, but this is not really a huge issue. You are not installing an unstable gnu/linux distribution, you are installing games. Most of which never see an update.

Is there an updater for the CFW itself? Yes.

Spooky.

False. In the settings app, go into the internet settings and thenspot pass. Click automatic software downloads and then click "No" then "OK."

11.2 is safe for emuNAND on just Luma, right? I don't have A9LH set up. Can never get a straight answer out of the faggots on reddit.

CFW is safe on anything, so far. Get Luma ASAP, they might try something tricky with Pokemon coming out.

I mean get A9LH.

I heard it was safe to update. If you're really worried, make a backup of your emunand and perform the update on the backup. Or upgrade to a9lh, you dirty emuserf

Okay, so there is no files9 folder anywhere on my 3DS but the guide referred to it to back up and I need to copy a file to it.

Should it be there?

Pretty sure there's a step that says to make an empty files9 folder, only so another thing detects its presence. Adding things to it comes later.

I must have accidentally skipped the "create /files9/" step. The guide said backing it up is critical so I assume the decrypt9 was supposed to back up my sysnand there?

Retrace your steps. ctrl f files9.

I would, but I really fucking hate working with electronics that have any risk of dying whilst you do so. I was sweating the entire time doing this shit the first time, then a few months later it comes out that you have to downgrade AGAIN for some /super special exploit/, I just never bothered because it sounded like meaningless QoL shit. Have all of the kinks been ironed out now, is there really zero risk of the thing becoming a paperweight if I follow the guide to the letter? When it first came out there were still disclaimers everywhere that there's a chance you could do everything perfectly and it would still just brick your shit. I can't afford to replace the thing right now if it dies on me and I'd hate to miss out on the Pokeshit launch.

So for an expansion on this problem since I ran into this a second time

I have 2 32-character folders, and they each have their own 2 32-character folders.

Did that, and it was literally the first thing in the previous step but didn't say anything after. I just need confirmation that the only thing that was supposed to be made in there is my sysnand backup, if so then it doesn't matter since I know what they are and can just copy and paste them somewhere else to back them up, if there is something else in there I'll need to know before moving on.

On N3DS, its super easy. They got rid of the downgrade for N3DS only.
On O3DS or 2DS, its still easy, just tkes an extra hour.

I can't recall exactly, but the 2 folders within the first hold games/titles, and the other updates/DLC, but I may be remembering wrong. Which step are you up to user? Those two folders from the start indicate you've got an emuNAND, but I don't recall you saying you do. Post the step.

Make the files9 folder, chuck your SysNAND.bin in. As far as I recall, that's all that should be in files9 until you start using programs like Hourglass9, which comes later and will tell you when you put those files on.

I'm on Installing arm9loaderhax section II now

Also do I need to do Section IV - Restoring the System if I'm on a regular 3DS? part 1 says only if you're an original 3DS not an N3DS but step 2 doesn't say anything about it.

Yes, restore the system using SysNAND.bin.

*N3DS fuck my brain. I'm too tired.

Yeah, it's been perfected as much as it ever will be. You don't even have to do a proper downgrade to 2.(whatever version), you just load up this thing with Hourglass9 or whatever, and it basically manually downgrades it (kind of like loading a NAND dump you made on an earlier version, but a little different).

By the way, for anyone who wants to make nds format dumps for DSiWare stuff, all you have to do is find its folder in TWL NAND and copy its app file. You can confirm its identity using tools like dsbuff if you wish. Since most DSi stuff has already been dumped as NDS files, this is mostly useful for stuff like the downloadable version of WarioWare: Touched that (as far as I know) isn't/wasn't available on the original DSi.

Also, does anyone know much about manuals? How would I go about being able to read manuals for out-of-region games?

Is it save to install the latest update on A9LH + the latest version of Luma?

My N3DS keeps nagging me to update but i heard there were some issues with the last update.

Yes. A9LH CANNOT be removed, and Nintendo CANNOT patch it out in any way.

Read the op

is there any fucking way to get flipnote 3d working?

works on my machine

Is that the N3DS-only shortcut that mentioned though? I'm still on O3DS because there's no way I was dropping another 200+ buckaroos for a shit Xenoblade port.

An n3ds is also good for overclocking the hardware.

worksforme™

I was never able to make it work, I installed years back when I had emunand and I'd get the 'there was a problem turn down console' screen, tried again with a9hl downloading from freeshop and got the same shit

No, the N3DS-only shortcut is that you don't have to downgrade at all.

Anyone have a Smash save with all the characters and stages unlocked? I searched on 3dsISO and Chaos, but no luck.

Try a different .cia?

Before I drive out and pick up a n3ds I want to make 100% sure

This shit will let me pirate games and more right? Is piracy just for 3ds games or can I pirate older emulated games too?

Yes, you can pirate games and emulate things like GBA, GBC, SNES, DOS etc.

Before you leave the shop's carpack, open it up, boot it and go to system settings, checking the firmware.

Highest you can hack from is 10.7, easily. Anything over that needs a hardmod or 2nd system, so if it's 11.0-2, return it to the store and get another one. They legally can't refuse a refund, regardless of the condition on the box. If you really care, tell them you decided you want it in another colour.

Better yet, post which model you're thinking of buying. There's list of which firmware comes on which package.

I was thinking n3DS XL, Black or Red. I don't know what colors there are. Any colors I should avoid?

Also, I do have Cubic Ninja if that opens up my options. I know it used to be the big thing.

I just downloaded it then from freeshop and it works. Have you tried both the euro and us versions?

Oh, normal colours are fine, usually. The ones to look out for are those pesky limited edition ones that are nice to look out so more people buy, but loaded with 11.X.

Cubic Ninja is redundant now, but if you want, post that baby online like eBay for $80, auction, and you should make a tidy profit.

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ahzdf/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_november_2016/

Print off this list for whichever region, and you don't even have to turn it on before you return it. Just open it carefully, read the serial number on the back, return if on 11.X

If you do happen to get v11.x steelhax seems to be capable of altering dsiware saves, meaning you can downgrade to v10.4 with out a secondary 3ds

What are the best online multiplayer games for 3ds?

Mario kart
Monster Hunter
Smash

Do you need a nintendo account to play those if you already have luma?

I've played them with out a NNID

So we got jackshit for early releases of Sun and Moon, I take it.

Nope.

Remind me, what does the Steel in Steelhax mean?

Nice ara famalam

Cool thanks

RE Mercenaries is an alright grindy TPS
Monster Hunter if you can drop 500+ hours on it

Steel diver. The game itself is free, but I think the hack needs at least 1 more paid dsiware game.

Tbh it's more like 200+ but you can stretch it out to like 500+

how fucked am i?

What was your method?
What firmware were you on?
Is the hack successful?

People keep saying they've got it, but more trustworthy people AKA ones that actually work in stores and reguarly dump new games say they get their copies on the 14th.

I used the browserhack method
following the guide, before I downgraded the firmware and upgraded as the guide said, i was on 9.7

and yes I was successful, got luma, fbi, and the homebrew menu working and they're still able to run
as well as able to download game off the freeshop app
my DS flashcart still works, but sometime my 3ds can't read it, so i just take it out and put it back in and my 3ds is able to read it again

Then you're fine to update to 11.2, and anything else in the future.

alright, cool

the warning to not upgrade sysnand is solely for anons with out homebrew. Once you get a9lh you can ignore the first post.

Confused.

11.0-11.1 I can apparently "downgrade" from using my already a9lh'd 3ds, but the version number will not appear changed in the system settings? Can I ultimately get a CFW running from this path or do I top out at getting homebrew launcher running?

Yes, you can. Go to Pailect's guide, and follow the prompts for being at 11.1 or whatever.

I couldn't seem to transfer my files from one memory card to the other. What have I done wrong?

To be more specific, everything is there, but some data isn't. For example, FreeShop wouldn't work.

I'm a little concerned about this NNID stuff for the plailect guide to downgrading from 11.0. Don't really remember how NNIDs work and have never system transferred.

plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

I'll be able to have two separate NNIDs on these devices, right? Like after downgrading using system transfer, I will be reformatting the (currently 11.0 stock) 3DS and able to set up a different NNID, correct?

Wait, so is 11.2 what's fucking with me? Because the guide said to go ahead and upgrade after installing all the CFW.

Not sure what you mean – I have 11.2 installed on my A9LH box and functionality is fine. what was done to the DS you updated to 11.2?

I followed the instructions to the letter. I'm currently checking for problems with the new SD card.

On a semi-related note, PC emulation when? I'd really love to be able to take my 3DS SD card, plug into a PC, play the same games with the same saves, and stream that shit.

ask the emulation thread

Okay, I've restarted the whole process. Let me make sure I'm doing it right.

Correct procedure?

yep

All right. Files are almost done transferring to the new card. Let us hope it works this time.

unless you're using emunand it should work

This time, the fucker didn't even work. Is it because I changed the volume name when I formatted? Did I format it to the wrong type?

Is it set up with A9LH? An easy way to format the new SD card is to boot from your original SD while holding Y, then go to SD Format Options, -> Format SD (no EmuNAND), swap out your small SD card for the large one, then do the button sequence to start the format. THEN you can copy your files onto the large SD card.

Thank you. I deduced moments ago that the PC didn't have the correct format available.

Is there any CFW option that overrides the 100 theme limit? Really annoying having to delete 160+ themes one by one just to use something besides the SMT4 theme.

Holding Y isn't doing the trick.

Did you ever install arm9loaderhax?

I only did what was prescribed in the guide. If there's further stuff i should do, please tell me. I'm so fucking annoyed right now. I've spent like three hours on this bullshit.

Right I'm a complete dumbass and forgot that that's not built in. You need the Emunand9.bin under your /luma/payloads directory, and it needs to be named y_EmuNAND9.bin - that should get that sorted out.

If I get a 3ds and its on 11.0 am I completely fucked or is there still salvation? Is the dsi shit confirmed legit?

Link to . bin?

I'm pretty sure that's included in the guide? I only followed that and I ended up doing that too.

It should've been linked to in the setup guide. Did you use Plailect's guide?
github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/tag/20160919
First file under the Downloads section. EmuNAND9.bin is right there in the zip.

Bumping

Pls respond

yes, dsi is legit
get it, buy steelhax, and wait for the phailect guide to be updated. if you're brave you can follow a guide on reddit or gbatemp

So I need to update to 11.2, get on eshop, get steel diver, and wait? How does the dsi stuff work?

I've heard that the process still works. Should be a link to it earlier in this thread.

Get steel divers and free runners. The phailect guide should be able to give you gist of it.

Link to Phailect guide?

Read the OP

Are either of the cooking mamas on the 3ds any good?

What does this mean? I want to update, but I'm afraid I can break something.

If you don't know what it means, don't worry.

I think it only affects people who hacked when emuNAND was still required.

But that's what I did.

It won't break anything. Download it and see if you get an error.

What's NS TWL_Firm and AGB_firm?

That shit you used to change in order to play VC GBA games, right? I remember I patched it myself back when RxTools was a thing.

Can I update games I get from freeshop?

Yep, it even lets you download updates.

Do I update it from freeshop or eShop?

Freeshop, quadsman.

You can do either unless it's from a different region than your 3DS then you have to use freeshop.

TWL_firm and AGB_firm are used to play DS games and GBA games respectively. In old cfws, you had to patch them manually in order to play DS flashcarts or GBA cias. Because Luma now comes with the needed patches built-in, it requires un-modified / vanilla AGB / TWL in order to patch them.

What does it mean when my Luma version appears as a random string of characters? Should I be scared?

It means you're retarded
every version has that

Guys, I'm downgrading an 11.2 using the new method at plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade and concerned about the next step I'm about to take. I successfully system transferred and have dgTools running on my new system.

BUT my dgTools (2.0.0) only has a "Downgrade FIRM0 to 10.7" option, but the firmware I have as per the guide is the 10.4 and the guide tells me to click "downgrade firm0 to 10.4". Am I safe to proceed?

Very good question. The task of paring down your themes to 100 is a colossal one indeed.

Also: dgTools says it recognizes the system as a new3ds on 11.2, when in fact the firmware is still 11.0 (sorry, got confused in previous post – modding an 11.0).

It's looking for the 11.2->10.4 firmware but my system is an 11.0. Halp.

Downgrade it to whatever. Both 10.4 and 10.7 can be hacked with browserhax, so go nuts.

The thing is, it only downgrades the FIRM, allowing use of downgrading exploits to go to 9.2, it doesn't allow access to any hbl entrypoints that weren't already available. At least that's how it was when I did it for a bunch of people.

I have two 3ds
Blue Old 3ds
10.7.0-32U

Purple Old 3ds
11.0.0-33U

I really only care about getting purple full CFW.

If I understand it, to hack purple I need another 3ds with CFW. So I can buy OOT + powersave and hack the blue one. Then buy a DSiware game and hack the purple. Is there a way to hack the purple without having another CFW 3ds?

I'm also considering getting a black new 3ds xl, I'm just assuming that they all come with 11.2

Since you'd have to hack your other 3ds anyway, you don't need to purchase any sort of powersave hardware. And I think you can send over steelhax or something with the same system transfer you use to transfer the DSiware.

Thanks buddy. Got it A9LH'd already. Man, it is a LOT less time-intensive to do that on N3DS compared with old.

Is there any good tutorial to modify .3ds? I want to translate some shit but I can't find any tutorial.

I can't seem to get any of the sites that host the .3ds files to work. All they do is link you to viruses or fake porno ad sites

So Animal Crossing New Leaf got an update and i can normally play it fine. Bought the gamecard when i bought my 3ds.
So now we got the "Welcome Amiibo" Update and the game stays in the Nintendo 3DS but won't go further.

Downloaded the update via eshop, freeshop and later with a manual installation but nothing works. Any ideas?

Is there a way to use Ironhax to install the CFW? Seems like that would be easier
I'm on 9.9 old3ds

Anyone else got a broken friend list? I have the latest luma and it just freezes when I try to see it.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/
Lots of reading, but go nuts. You will have to read other threads, but they're linked in that one.

Obligatory "Stop using Gateway/Sky and move to CFW". What are you looking for exactly? 3DSISO should have everything you need, and just download from the threads that have [MEGA], [GDRIVE] or [GOOGLE] in them. Everything else is garbage for download speeds.

Sounds like the update is for the wrong region, but you are doing it through eShop and Freeshop as well, which won't download the wrong region. Might I suggest backing up the save, removing all updates using Freeshop, then going to eShop and repairing the title, finally using Freeshop to update and then put save back on. The backing the save up is only in case something happens that shouldn't, but you probably won't need to back it up.

9.9 O3DS. Don't use IronHax, use browserhax. Much more stable. I think only 10.X gets the browser nag, so that's good, but even if 9.9 gets it, use the Y2K bug to fix it. Again, read the guide in the first OP, and select O3DS, region then 9.9 with browser.

There was a way to fix this. It sounds a bit strange, but just open it up, don't worry about the freezing, and leave it alone without touching anything for 20 minutes or so. A lot of people say this fixes it.

Damn, is there anyway to get the config without downloading it from the 3ds? everytime I try I get this error: 0xd8a0a049
Apparently I can't do anything on my end since this error means a power outage.

I saw some guy on /r/3dshacks mention that he was getting this error due to BrowserHax being down a few hours ago. If it's still down, that might be the trouble.

I'm using Freeshop, there are a few games I want that arnt on there like EX Troopers and the Run Factory 4 sequel, Lords of manga: Maiden heaven.

I tried installing OoT3DHax for a friend on 11.2

For some reason it kept throwing a "Please Hold the Power Button to Restart" error or something along those lines everytime I tried running the hax from the save file

I used sploit_installer from my 3DS to install the save and it found the correct payloads, or at least it should've

What was I doing wrong? He has a 2DS, does that make a difference? Do 2DS' use differend payloads than Old3DS' ?

Oh yeah, and I did, in fact, remember to extract the starter kit to the SD Card

there's a sequel to rune factory 4?

The people who made Rune Factory 4 got bankrupt by their father publisher and some other publisher bought the rune factory 4 team and hired them to make this game.

What's it called, I'm not finding anything relating to rf4 past 2015?

Lord of manga Maiden heaven. It's a spiritual successor I guess. It's made by the same people who made RF4. Don't know if its exactly the same but I heard its overall solid game.

You absolutely should not enter Lord of Magna thinking even remotely about Rune Factory. It was just made by the same guys and you'll see some similar assets but that's it. It's a bowling trpg basically.

Made In Heaven*
:^)

Should you be able to get back to the home menu when you press the home button on a n3ds when you're currently in homebrew? Wont let me go back to the home menu.

It depends on the homebrew.

on the regular homebrew menu that you get from starter, no. You have to exit out via pressing the start button or shutting down

So I hacked my friend's o3ds xl a while ago with cakes (because that's what the plailect guide told us to use) and I want to upgrade him to Luma for obvious reasons.

Is there anything I'd need to do other than copy the luma files over and replace the arm9loaderhax.bin? I found a thread that was posted back in may on gbatemp, but a lot can change in that amount of time.

That works, it gives me options to restart or go back to home menu.

But does that mean im still in luma3ds/A9LH?

Depends, are you using A9LH normally, or CFW?

Luma3ds with A9LH, basically what the guide told me to do.

Okay then it should just boot back into Luma3DS. Of course, if you were not using A9LH, you'd either boot back into home menu or into whatever the fuck menuhax is set up to redirect you to.

Yeah I still see all the apps of luma3ds, fbi and freeshop etc on my home menu so that should confirm it right.

Yep, you're golden.

I hate microtransactions, wasn't there a homebrew app that let you edit your eShop wallet so you can, I dunno, not be a good goy and still play Pokemon Shuffle and get badges? Unless you can unlock all badges, which would be rad to hear.

I did that it worked, for some reason. THanks user.

Tried that yesterday. But i must say that the save file is on the Animal Crossing Card. So maybe that's why it doesn't work.

Nice double dubs.
OoTHax doesn't require a different payload for a 2DS, as functionally, it's the same as the O3DS. Now, what does change is 11.2 fucked up everything, and OoTHax needed a new payload entirely. Make sure you're using the 11.2 payload, check this:
github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

I THINK you can use the 11.1 payload. If not, I suggest going to reddit.com/r/3dshacks, and they have a large Q&A thread. Yes it's Reddit, but those guys are so desperate for karma they spend 30 minutes googling your answers for you.

Freeshop is a bit strange. It requires manual updates to add games to the list, which is a real pain. But, apart from that, I took a browse through 3ds.titlekeys.com which is where Freeshop gets the titlekeys from. I searched the English name, Romanji name and finally the Kanji, and I found there's only a patch on the titlekeys list. So, clearly someone has the game but hasn't uploaded it.

I've gone to 3DSISO.com, and found three different copies of it:
US Region Free, same as out of the box.
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwjok_9TfqNCYUJQQnhaMF84OTQ/view
US Region Free Undub except for English cutscenes:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxsuGeydc-YhM2lRa2h6bmZQOGc/view
And Japanese:
mega.co.nz/#!hAV1QQbZ!5dCcoxKmtvz0cNx6vdMm5cPWOx5mmpiHrfctiqhnyjc

Remember, if it's not on Freeshop, 99/100 it's on 3DSISO.com, as you can't upload tickets of retail games.

For just Pokemon Shuffle, there is NTR plugins, and I think there was a .cia that did it as well. Naturally, there's also save editors. Go to reddit.com/r/3dshacks and use the search box. GBAtemp also likely has them listed.

CFW is a fickle thing. Apparently it's something to do with it reorganising itself after the NAND injecting.

Saves on the cart doesn't mean much. Try downloading the game from Freeshop, with updates, and using your cart save on it, which means you dump the save from the cart using something like SVDT, then you remove the cart, install, then place save back in.

Also, not sure if this happens with Freeshop as I've never had to do it, but there was this strange behaviour when you were installing .CIA files. If you installed a game, you ALWAYS had to open it once, just to the title screen, before updating or DLC. And if you updated, then you had to open it before placing DLC on, so that might have something to do with it.

Thanks for the answer. Animal Crossing works in the standart version but yeah 1.4 doesn't start. But i'll try to dump my save file to the sd card and download the full game via freeshop.

Is there a way to overclock the old 3ds and is it viable?
It didn't really get hot when I was playing pokemon too.

No.

gay

So I've updated to the latest Luma CFW and it still does not allow me to use basic online use (Friend list or find online games)

Is there a step that I've might of forgot?

What happens if you try?

This

And at what firmware are you? Are you fully updated?
Just because Luma is updated doesn't mean you can go online, your firmware has to be too.

Thanks, I'll back track and make that is done as well. I just needed to confirm if updating CFW would of been enough

Check your system settings, and see what firmware is shown there.

11.0.0.-33U

Yeah, that's not the newest. You're on 11.0 while the newest is 11.2.

Check if Luma is working correctly (should be if you followed the guide) and then do a system update.

Don't remind me. I was so hyped for the demo while I knew It would be disappointing.

Everything is all good now user.

Thanks for the help

Someone on 4/vp/ has the game and is posting about it.
They don't have CFW and won't dump it.

Um, Is it possible its just the demo or does the demo not have this starter?

There's no way it's the demo. He's posted enough content that it's not possible any more. Overworld pics, menu pics, the options menu, dialogue that didn't happen, etc. etc.

This one's spoilered because it's an actual spoiler. If you want to hold onto the belief that Decidueye might actually be good, then don't click on this one. You don't want shit on your dreams, after all.

Well, more can't.
More pics in the Pokemon Thread.

The ORAS demo was shitty, but the game had a fair bit of content. Shame about the post-game.

With a 3.3GB file, compared to XYORAS at 1.3, you'd think there would be a lot of content. Apparently the models have been scaled down polygon-wise, so there's even more space to fill.

Catalog, Pokemon Thread. I was the brave user who trekked through the cancer that is halfchan's /vp/ and got all the images he posted. There's timestamps, he named his starter after trips and there's one pic where he stands in the corner, as someone asked, which hasn't been done before.

Someone posted most screenshots over in the Pokémon SuMo thread

I think I should wait for a rom hack of the games, but I doubt my patience will last.

Should I? I've been really uncomfortable with my o3DS so I've been hoping for an XL. Think the larger models will go down in price too?

How big are your hands?
I really recommend going for the XL.

So i did something else but here comes the weird part. I installed SVDT (or i thought so) but looked over to the region free booter in the Homebrew menu. The game booted and i got to the title screen.
There i found a message that i should accept the new guidlines via settings but there's no option so i just looked into them and restarted.
But still no boot via normal menu.
Looking further into the spotpass function and if that doesnt work i try the savefile copy.

Any ETA on the new 11.1 software downgrade?

Now

NANI?

steelhax can edit dsiware saves

Well I completely cucked myself by using four swords for the transfer method. Gonna download fieldrunners now.

Okay so is there any guide on transfering a hacked 3DS to a another unhacked 3DS without fucking anything? And is there any special process between transferring from a regular XL to an N3DS XL?

New thread.