Earthbound/Mother Thread

I'm in the mood, so let's talk about this series, the origin of it, its inspiration, the legacy, how the trilogy wrapped up, the lore, the tears, the laughs, so forth and so forth.

Which is your favorite game?
Favorite characters?
Favorite music?

Other urls found in this thread:

starmen.net/vote/vote.php?id=14628
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here are some videos on the origin of MOTHER.

Here's the Nowhere Man.

starmen.net/vote/vote.php?id=14628

Personal Favorite

Just gonna dump all I know about, the discussion will start off from there.

Second to last.

Last one, the rest are just a bunch of shitty e-celebrities talking about stupid shit that doesn't relate.

I'm sure it'll be a great game that'll exist for a whole day before Nintendo comes knocking at the door with a takedown.

As for the official games, Gonna have to go with 3. Loved the rhythm fighting mechanic. So many RPG games feel like its just a matter of pressing attack to win, but at least with Mother 3's combat system you could try to end the fight faster by being a bit more active of a player in it.

This game looks damn beautiful, the sprite quality is like a bridge between Mother 3, Pokemon Black/White and some other game I forgot about. Shame about the Nintendo thing though, have they ever done that to games with strictly Japanese names?

When does it come out by the way?

never ever

I ve been waiting for 2 years since i heard about the project and i swear every time they find a reason to delay it a couple months

Never.
First heard about it late 2012/early 2013 when I was a freshman in college. At the time it had a release date of "Winter 2014".
I've graduated now.
Still fucking waiting.

I'm hoping it's the best thing ever.

It won't be, it obviously lacks the charm and quality of the original series, the OST is really lacking too.

You keep your pudgy little suckhole shut, I hate the truth!!

Groovy as fuck

This is pretty good.

wђคт тђє Ŧยcк เ ђคтє м๏тђєภ ภ๏w!

Forgot your image.

Would you fuck Giygas?

You aren't funny.

No, back off.

Thread Theme

(ҭƦҎֆ CƕҼҫҠҼ₫)
(ҭƦҎֆ CƕҼҫҠҼ₫)
(ҭƦҎֆ CƕҼҫҠҼ₫)

what? I'm not on my personal computer so I can't check but I swear I downloaded and installed Mother 4 from their website. Do I have a Demo? The website now say's their is no public demo.
(I never played it because I still haven't finished Mother 3)

I'm confident it was an early demo.

Uh, how many times did he use this song?.

He used it 3 times. Someone else took it and used it on Cognitive dissonance.

Look at this casual!

Thanks for the bump, sucker!.

It's funny how my favorite renditions of it AREN'T made by Toby Faux.

Has anyone tried the anniversary edition hack of Mother 1?

Never ever is what I would be saying, normally, but shit like AM2R and Pokemon Prism were this way for years, one got released and the other is getting ready to release by the end of CURRENT YEAR PLUS ONE, so who knows at this point?

What's wrong with you?

Never even heard of it. Tell us more.

I remember hearing about that, but I didn't think it was out yet.

It retranslates Mother 1, expands some of the smaller areas, modifies the factories, and changes the graphics a bit.

Oh, that Anniversary hack. I read that as that Mother 1 remake using the Earthbound engine.

Does it fix the level grinding at all? mother was painful with that shit.

It gives more exp per enemy and the encounter rate has been modified as well. I haven't played it so I don't know if it is like the easy mode hack that just doubles exp and cash drops.

Mato's retranslation of the GBA release is enough for me, even if the music doesn't sound as good.

This.