Vita Thread

"Dungeon Travelers 2-2" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

operationrainfall.com/2016/06/27/limited-run-games-interview-e3/
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/56tiry/ciel_nosurge_offline_with_dlc_104_patch_pcsg00454/d8mbbzz/
github.com/BeniYukiMai/MaiDumpTool/releases/tag/V233.2zEx
tieba.baidu.com/p/4799680495?pn=3
play-asia.com/info/jpmenutranslations
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/10th-anniversary-sale-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSSTORE10SALELP
yifan.lu/2016/10/20/henkaku-koth-solved/
yifan.lu/2016/11/01/taihen-cfw-framework-for-ps-vita/
operationrainfall
archive.is/NhXMF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm playing the overtime of rorona, shit is hardcore

Also, when is the DT2-2 being english released for me to pirate?

There won't be a English release since the vita is kill by pirates now):

I doubt that. It'll be a year or two before companies really feel the massive sales drop in the west and the Vita becomes Japan only, like the PSP.

Vita was dead, now with the scene a lot of people is buying one and the turboweebs will keep buying turboweeb stuff anyways

I don't think there'll be much for them to notice to be honest. Hardly any shops in yurop carry the console or games any more, and titles that actually sell are already niche enough to have established fanbases.

I'm looking forward to once they manage to get PSP homebrew to work on it, though. It'll be the best portable emulation device ever out there and that might actually help the thing sell again.

>tfw you accidentally use redditspacing

It wraps for me. It's entirely based on how big your screen is, to people with massive monitors they see reddit spacing everywhere. The only way to not piss them of is to make sure your post is always just one paragraph, which is fucking stupid.

Does anyone know how to get Kancolle working? I keep on getting an error when I try to launch it.

Has piracy for the Vita gotten anywhere the past months? I've kept mine on 3.60 for a while now, and im really considering just updating and buying games from the store again. I havent even pirated a game yet because ive heard of some dumps being malware or bricking the system. Though im also wondering then, since henkaku gets you online, if i could just use that then go to the store, but still have homebrew for emulation and modding purposes
Also to excuse me of being an idiot heres an outdated chart

You can still access PSN as long as you have Henkaku installed, it spoofs the FW version so it won't nag you to update.

Here is the more updated I guess

Didn't stop the 3ds from still existing. :^)

Just spilled white wine all over my vita. Works fine, though.

The 3DS takes a few hours to hack. The vita takes 14 seconds.

And it's bricked. Fuck my life.

good job

Neo ATLAS 1469 and Let's Fish! Hooked On
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Pre-ordered Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and Root Letter

Rip in piece user's vita

Hope that drink was worth it you fucking drunk.

Maybe it will magically get better in an hour.

Toss it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, that'll pull out the moisture without frying any of the internal components.

I was considering putting it near my dehumidifier.

You shouldn't have tried to switch it on, that's probably what killed it. If you'd immediately turned it off, took out the battery and any cards and then ran it under the tap and left it to dry for a few days, longer if your room isn't warm, it probably would have been fine.

Yeah, most likely.

You can take out the vita's battery? I always thought it was like the PSP Go where they went out of their way to make removing the battery a pain in the ass

Drinking wine is a faggot thing to do. You got what you deserved.

Fuck you nigga, I'm cutting.

It's a pain in the ass because you have to remove the entire backplate and all it's screws, but if the other choice is letting it short-circuit it's not that big a deal.

Cutting off your own testicles

Calories, not linkin park. /fit/ jargon.

I wan 2 fug Vita tan

Where are the vita-tan nudes?

Bullshit. Installing A9LH and Luma CFW on a N3DS took me 30 minutes tops.

The bricking thing were only a few incidents. The newer versions of MaiDump tool and Vita shell check for malicious code before installing these days. You have to be a massive idiot if you still manage to install a bricker.

that gondola though

Wine is the drink of choice for sophisticated, cultured, healthy, aware gentlemen.

Beer is for washouts with man tits.

Booze is for depressed mid-life crisis wageslaves, bums, and slavs.

Wine is for women and people who want to be women. Good hard liquor is for everybody else. Have fun with your wine.

well, if you are a winefag i guess you can buy a new one.

So what are the chances of the Atelier Arland Trilogy coming to physical through Limited Run? Based on the article they were in talks and everyone seemed interested. The Plus versions are superior to the PS3 regular versions so I really hope these guys pull through. Also mentioned they wanted Ray Gigant to come as a Limited Run.

operationrainfall.com/2016/06/27/limited-run-games-interview-e3/

what games should I pirate? tried WOFF but couldnt get any audio to work but I loved dragon quest beeldurss

I could not care less about the Arland trilogy. Those games are old and the dusk trilogy is much better gameplay wise.

I'd rather they start with Atelier Ayesha+ because we have the other 2 physical and then follow-up with Sophie. I was fucking furious Vita owner got fucked over with Sophie after feeding us false hope with Escha & Logy.

Let's Fish! Hooked On

are they reselling the atelier plus trilogies? when?

ethanol is literal fucking poison chemically speaking. trying to defend it one way or another and justifying it as "sophisticated" is dumb as fuck.

I'm honestly a bit surprised they opted for a limited physical print of Shallie Plus here after that, but maybe they decided they'd better finish off the Dusk games before going full NEVER EVER with further Vita Atelier physical releases.

I'd honestly love to see how sales figures have compared between the PS3 originals and the Vita Plus versions out here; see if there's all that much justification for them having not been keen on physical releases (that aren't limited print to begin with anyhow).

Poison, medicine. Dosage.

Slim, to be honest. KT hardly listens to fan demand. You guys would have to seriously organize something across internet in order to amass the evidence needed that a physical of the Arland Trilogy will sell.

That reminds me, how's the fan translation scene going on for the vita since it got hacked? There are a few KT games I'm hoping someone can take the PC version's script and inject it into the jap vita versions since KT is lazy as fuck and can't even do a simple digital release.

Pretty fucking good.

There is a fantranslation for IA/VT, a partial one for Dengenki bunko fighting climax or however the fuck its called and a beta one for Kancolle that are out now.

There is one in progress for Phantasy Star Nova and the guy who did the Ciel noSurge translation on youtube expressed interest in translating the game when hes done with translating some old Atelier game.

Oh and if you are hoping for a translated version of Yoru no nai Kuni, forget it. Apparently modifying the text turned our to be a massive fucking pain in the ass even you could rip the PS4 translation… Thanks Gust and KT.

I mostly hoping for pic related.

I thought that Atelier didn't have any English fan translations in the works, with only western language on was being worked on was French for Marie + Elie PS2. Either way though, it would certainly be nice for Ciel to get a an actual English translation hacked in.

reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/56tiry/ciel_nosurge_offline_with_dlc_104_patch_pcsg00454/d8mbbzz/

I'll come like pic related if there is a full fan translation of Ciel nosurge.

The day TK official tanked any remaining hope they would bring over the offline version i was seriously depressed.

I thought it was more that Gust wouldn't clear them to handle it, not that TK didn't want to? Though I suppose that might have just been TK trying to cover their asses.

it's better with touchscreen panties tho

that's the chart from last year, goober

and this one's already in the OP, ya dingus

RIP IN PEPPERINO

wew

Adding to what said, the nep games' re-translations are being ported to the vita as well to get rid of the retarded meme-subs they sipped with.

I bet you consider cuckolding the thinking mans fetish, huh? :^)

I can't read moonrunes; what's new in DT2-2 and did Fried become some a kid with power or something?

Gonna be reading these today, dunno if the cover story's online or just in a famitsu print.

tl;dr
Fried & co lost against the Demon God. She wrecked Actim (the city), scattered the Library Squad, and is probably destroying the world. The squad all got flooded with DARKNESS and took on monster-like personas. Some squad members are missing. Maou's magic made Fried a shouta w/amnesia.

Expect /ss/ doujin of this series to enter the realms of Valhalla for glory

The website is also got two new blips for 4gamer and Gamer, but both prettymuch say the same thing—announcing the prices, release date, some of the production staff, and also the story recap.

What's the error? I installed Kancolle with MaiDumpTool and didn't have any problems.

Is there a faster way to get the true ending in Odin Sphere or should I just watch it on youtube; no way I'm fighting 5*5 boss fights in a row.

Shit, my boner's rising

What firmware is the latest vita shipping with?

You don't actually need to run the entire gauntlet each time. Only one bad ending requires that. There's a guide on GameFAQs that lays out which bosses you have to beat with which characters to get to the true end in the shortest number of fights.

It was some C error, I ended up just uninstalling it and grabbing an english pre-patched vpk and reinstalling it like that.

If you want the whole shebang of all scenes and the bonus scene, you need 4 cycles, not 5. (just set the game to easy for the first three in order to quickly finish)

1st round - Completely wrong (as in, use wrong characters all around, e.g. OMVGC
2nd round - VCG [ ] [ ] (pick any for these last two)
3rd round - M [ ] O [ ] [ ] (pick any for the three blanks)
4rd round - Final, true end: COMVG

Don't forget to leave the Fin screen hanging - if you press something you'll skip the curtain call.

Did they get Kenkou Cross to write the story or something?

its lives bump

I just bought a new vita to replace my own one, jewstop sold me a 150 dollar 3.61, i said fuck it, took apart both, put the old motherboard from my broken 3.60, and put it in the 3.61, put it all back together, it worked to my surprise. Ive been out of the mod scene for a while since release of henkaku, any updates on the bad emulators?

Came back just to share the news that everyone knew:
Nier Automata will me "localized" for the west. The only thing I look for is Beserk Musou. And maybe CROIXLEUR Σ by Souvenir Circ. if the port comes out good.

Pussy. Real men drink moonshine.

So far only a few updates:
github.com/BeniYukiMai/MaiDumpTool/releases/tag/V233.2zEx
Thread's still open: tieba.baidu.com/p/4799680495?pn=3
and th3fl0w is still a faggot.

do tell. I heard about the Easy Mode thing a few days back; is that to which you are referring? Or is it something more recent?
don't tell me they're covering up that delicious ass…

Game's being handled out here by 8-4. Now, that's reason to worry in its own right, given their recent track record of really being in the shitter (not that they haven't always been really hit or miss, but some companies used to be able to get them to do decent work and hold them on a tight leash; XSEED's used them before, for example), but given how little of a fuck Square-Enix gave about accuracy for Drakengard 3's English script (which 8-4 also handled) it sets really bad precedent for how much Square cares and what Automata's English script could be like, and I think I saw something a while back with Taro's admitted to letting them do whatever they feel necessary with it for the western release. However, I could be wrong; I don't pay Drakengard/Nier threads that much attention, so that's what I've drawn from OPs to threads I'e seen. Maybe the TORtist knows more/better than me.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST NO NO NO WHY?!

Welp. So much for picking that game up. Guess I'll just be replayed Nier instead.

Again, if it were some other, possibly better company hiring them, I could maybe have some hope at them possibly keeping 8-4 in line (in the past, Namco used to be pretty good about that, until they gave no fucks about Hearts R and let 8-4 rewrite like 60% of the script; not real sure who they have translating Tales now). But this is Square-Enix, and between what they let happen with Dragon Quest out here, the content removal and censorship from Brave Second (they act like tribesman type characters have no place in a western JRPG release, forgetting they handled Wild Arms 3 out here for Sony, which had characters like pics related, even in the west; and hilariously enough in Bravely Second's case they replaced them with a cowboy styled class), the Tumblring of moogles in Type-0 ("mog" no longer cuts it properly, Square?), the aforementioned handling of Drakengard 3, and probably more examples, I don't have faith in it to not be fucked with. I'm also increasingly leery of Square-Enix games that come west in general, even when they're not using 8-4 (though it's admittedly rare that I buy much new at launch anyhow, and even then it's usually just from select companies).

Funny thing is, that was 8-4 too. 8-4's done a whole lot over the years (with some games running the gamut from being handled just fine, to stuff being cut/removed for arbitrary reasons, to being utter shit, the latter of which they trend towards lately; I have no clue what goes on there to cause such variance in quality). Probably how they keep getting work so readily, even now with people having more ready access to proof of changes/censorship to call out localization companies on.

Nigga it's been out since March, and the port is great.

i'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but how good is the translation for the atlier trilogy? I'm tempted to buy it, but i see NISA on the cover, and i don't think i need to explain why i'm hesitant about that. Also, is there a difference in the ps3 and vita versions?

Other than a few obvious NISA tier shitty jokes in item descriptions/some minor dialogue and renaming a fucking character just so her name becomes a fucking STD joke it's manageable. You'll cringe and notice when they tried to "Flavor" up the script, but it's nowhere near as bad as their other localizations. The Vita versions just have extra content and some polishes to them but nothing major to make you play them over the console version. If you get the PS3 versions of Totori and Meruru, buy em used or pirate them; don't give NISA money.

Also play Atelier Rorona Plus over the original PS3 release. The original Rorona is extremely rough in comparison to the Plus version.

thanks my man

Few things of public note: Name changes for shitty jokes (Esty Erthardt => Esty Dee)

Rorona & her friends had their ages changed to make them older than they really are (from 13 to 17 iirc).

The Vita trilogy is digital only and KT published it, though they are using the NISA script so all of its changes are still there.

The PS3 versions are NISA published, save for Rorona Plus—the only Plus game that got a PS3 release here or in Japan.

Newest possible firmware on vita is 3.55, apparently.

*fresh out of box, I mean

any games similar to p4g that isnt p3p?

MindZero and Caligula, in the clones of it sense.

similar in what way

Oh yeah and Trails of Cold Steel, which has social links and shit but has actual combat. Also robots.

semi-lighthearted with some social stuff and decent rpg mechanics I guess? it's my favorite game on the system and havent really found anything similar.

should I start with the first or second?

Trails of Cold Steel then,and yes; start with the first because the games are directly connected

is there a good site for dumps/vpks? the one ive been using (vitapiracy.com) hasnt been very consistent with working dumps and not reuploading

Odd cause I just got a new vita this week and was at 3.51.
Been enjoying some playing adventure of mana.

I use PSPiso.

How is that by the way?

Also, to add to what said, while there's a PS3 collection of all three Arland games in one package, do NOT be tempted to buy it. It's just NISA trying to milk the games they had access to, and since the series had switched over to TK for publishing out here, it only has the original version of Rorona rather than the Plus version.

I actually called Square for their input on localization and release for the west, and the changes they are making, will be culturized. >>>Holla Forums tards can fuck themselves for being inactive pigs.
So yes, they are covering everything. Might as well call it Nier Autohijab.

Don't forget former Nier Gestalt vs Replicant. Shota Nier is cannon.

Just import the nipponese version.

Sweet, buying the fuck out of it.

For Keikaku? Or are talking about the PS4?

Several, I have a list. It's too decentralized, like it should be. But we do need to aggregate.

Not true. When I got my Neon Orange slim, it came on 3.57.

You guys see this? Play-asia has been doing english menu translations for some jap games;
play-asia.com/info/jpmenutranslations

Noice

Holy fucking shit for real?!

THESE MAD MEN ARE DOING IT THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY KNOW FANS WANT THEM AND JAP COMPANIES WON'T DO IT. AHHHHHHHHHH

It's a lot more fun than I thought an offline version of the browser game would be. Only complaint is how they kept the random requirements for clearing stages that you only figure out through autistic trial and error or looking it up online like a sensible person.

What? You expected them to translate the whole fucking game? Menus are all you need in games where the story isn't important.

I downloaded what I thought was trails of cold steel, but it's .mp4? what the shit did I download?

Try opening in with 7zip or some other archiver. If it looks something like pic related, it is a vpk file.
Just slam it onto the vita, then use VitaShell to rename to .vpk and install

changing the extension to mp3 or mp4 is popular, as it allows you to transfer the file onto the vita via USB using (q)cma

If you knew anything about what goes into translating an entire game, you would know that you should be glad to get just those menu translations. If you still don't like playing like that, which would be understandable, then here's where I would have said "learn moon" just a year ago, but the rash of self-censorship in Japanese games by increasingly smaller publishers means we're fucked either way.

It's more fun than it has any right to be but that doesn't stop me from tearing my hair out from the map movement coin toss bullshit

ohhh okay. should I use the qcma method then?

probably
transferring huge ass files via usb & qmca tends to be a lot faster than using wifi & Vita Shell's FTP

Mine was a wifi black. What date is on the box?

Compile Heart announces Gun Gun Pixies for PS Vita

Compile Heart’s countdown website launched last week is for a new PS Vita game called Gun Gun Pixies, a Dengeki online preview has revealed.

I just want my fourth fucking fleet.

Another game not being released anywhere else, I assume.

Kinda reminds me of that Attack of the Giant Loli game where you're the tank on the island and you blast all her clothes off and then tank your way into her vagina and shoot her cervix until she cums. But y'know, less lewd. I know not to expect too much from the story. But I wonder what their explanation for pixies shooting humans is gonna be.

You know what you need to do.

Trailer of

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/10th-anniversary-sale-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSSTORE10SALELP

Damn, Trillion is on Steam now. It's an IF game, so the translation is good right?

No good pickings here, aside of some must-have PSX games (EVERYONE should have/play Grandia & Wild ARMs by now).

By "reminds me" you mean they basically took the idea and took the porn out.

Being casual is suffering.

Fuck yes, not put Orochi Sage and the Samurai Shodown anthology on sale during week two snk

But the KOF99 ps1 port is awful with the loading times. Get the NESTS saga (ps2) on jpPSN for ps3 or xploit your vita to run mvspsp.

Eh, I got my fun out of it. Loading was no worse than most the games released at its time. Also, watching people cry about command shortcut mapping was delicious.

Game will be there when you're done, user. Take it at your pace.

I'm not jumping through all those hoops to save 2 dollars.

Are the Dungeon Traveler games any good when it comes to gameplay? I'm kinda cautious when it comes to fanservicey beeg titty loli games; as many of them tend to be rather… shit.

Its an older style dungeon crawler. It is rather proficient at being that. The story is very generic and it takes a bit of time to get "started" but if you want a dungeon crawler its breddy gud.

Been a few months since I posted in these threads, but I remember there was one user who knows DT2 inside out basically. There's a shitton of depth.

what says. It's one of the more difficult dungeon crawlers on the Vita, and gives you a postgame with near-double the content you get in the main story, gameplay-wise. S'breddy gud.

Still annoys me a bit that the PSN has Grandia and Grandia III, but not Grandia II. I can understand that fan reception of the PS2 port of Grandia II isn't real good, but why not directly port the Dreamcast or Anniversary Edition to the PSN? For comparison's sake, Japan has Grandia, Grandia II, Grandia III, and Grandia Xtreme on their PSN.

On a related note, who in the FUCK would drop the $136 they apparently normally ask for that GTA5 Megalodon bundle?

People who dont want to play the game but want to have a yacht.

Just get the steam version.

Yeah, I mean, I know it's on Steam. Just saying it feels odd that the NA PSN only has Grandia I and III, noticeably skipping over having Grandia II in any format. Especially when there's not an excuse of not having gotten the game here prior (the way the PAL PSN's Wild Arms roster jumps from Wild Arms 1 to 3, as they never got WA2), and from what I recall seeing, people aren't all that big on Grandia III compared to Grandia I and II anyhow.

Fucking heresy. 2 is the fucking best one. Although I didn't know Lord Blazer had a humanoid face until this afternoon, and I played the game the day it came out in the US I always thought the jewelled crown with wings was his "face"

ARGH NOW THE SYMBOLISM OF THE GAME IS EVEN BETTER ARGH

High res photo/partial scan from the Fargaia Chronicles for you on it, if you've only seen low res official art (a problem a lot of older games face if you ask me; high res renders not being to most frequently available).

The VC and PSN haven't been utilized for what I think could have been the biggest boon: finally giving people in regions the never got particular games official releases. Granted, on the NA ones we have seen a handful of Japan only games put on there, mostly ones that don't require moon knowledge to play (Rondo of Blood on the Wii VC, for example), but games that are otherwise in English are still missing for the regions that didn't get them. NA still has no official version of Terranigma, and PAL still doesn't have Wild Arms 3, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, and a whole plethora of other stuff they got fucked over on.

I'm split between Wild Arms 2 and 3 as my favorites, though I can't say I dislike any of the main series; I certainly got more than my $10 worth from WA4 despite it being the weakest.

Meant Wild Arms 2. They also got fucked over with ACF out there too.

Look at how distinct the face is on the in game model.

That's a damn fucking shame. I blame Merkel.

OOps

How long has that bitch been in power out there?

I can maybe see why Wild Arms 2 was left Japan and NA, as while generally liked these days, it seemed to do really middling in "professional" reviews at the time of release, and while not exactly rare, I don't think it sold all that well here (meanwhile it seems to be a fan favorite in Japan, if comparison of fan art counts on certain sites is anything to go off of). And with ACF, Agetec delayed the game for like two years in NA if memory serves, and it sold like shit due to dead hype (these days it's the most expensive game in the series on the aftermarket, along with WA5); if sales are the big precedent, I can get why that didn't make it over there either. But with Xenogears and Chrono Cross selling really well in NA, I really don't get why there was zero effort to bring them to PAL areas and keep that success up.

Don't bother with the ugly ass loading times. Run it via Retroarch's FBA NeoGeo Core

My Vita isn't hacked

It's confounded me, too, but then, Game Arts properties have seem to run amok of licensing hell. There's also another thing to consider: Sony's PSN policy demands a 1:1 copy of the original game. In Grandia II's case, that means the inferior PS2 version over the far-crisper/brighter/better Dreamcast version.

I forget who published Grandia Xtreme for the west. They're probably why it's not on the nextwork. I know for a fact Working Designs being (rightfully) defunct is why Lunar & Lunar 2 haven't hit the digital store.

I'm sorry, but Rudy is still my favorite. Ashley is a pretty cool cat, but there really was too much about Rudy's story that, in perfect irony, spoke loudly to me.

On another note, count me as absolutely shocked Wild ARMs got a K-A rating (basically a defunct rating for anything under Teen). The content in the game, and most-definitely the themes are anything but kid friendly. But then, I'm looking at that rating from today's standards, where the ESRB is notably more cowardly.

Huh. Days gone by indeed.

I saw Hotline Miami on sale, and I kinda want to play it on my Vita. Is the control scheme fitting for the game, or is it better to play it on PC?

I'm very sorry, user.

I managed to platinum it just fine.
Don't be, I'm just gonna pick up a 2nd vita on black friday

Well I guess that settles it. Thanks user.

Neat as fuck, hopefully you can get a decent memory card as well.

Checked wikipedia for who did. The fact that it was Enix that handled it might explain things; Square-Enix seems to hate rereleasing old Enix handled titles, as well as doing both physical and digital releases of ports/remakes of their old stuff (such as how both PSP Star Ocean games are UMD only).

Then why not try to get the Anniversary edition ported over?

I'm a bit surprised WA2 got away with a T-rating. But you're right, one character being messily devoured by another and Rudy cutting his own arm off (blasting it off in the remake) aren't exactly kid friendly.

from this yifan.lu/2016/10/20/henkaku-koth-solved/
to this yifan.lu/2016/11/01/taihen-cfw-framework-for-ps-vita/

damn hell, Yifan Lu, the illegal alien, is a fucking attention whore.

I guess I will wait until anyone posts the keys.

More importantly, we need to solve the Vita PSN payload, as to prevent firmware update requirements.

You mean just to connect in general, or that issue where the Vita will no longer recognize that you have certain PS1 or PSP games available to transfer to it connecting to a PS3 via QCMA?

If your version is lower than 3.6{1,3}, even if you spoof your version, PSN is an evolving payload committed on webkit. Which is why even if you mask being at the latest version, PSN knows, and flags your system for an update.

You aren't just connecting to website, you are off loading executable code on PSN when you connect: which is why you can't view the network without Javascript.

Meaning, if you want to download a PSN exclusive game not available on chip, and the payload doesn't work because of your firmware, the game won't download.

If someone can figure out the means in which PSN hosts files, and devices a way to download them bypassing or intruding, future games will not able to be back ported on prior firmwares.

Or at the least, that's what I understood from reading cursory material.

Yeah, mine's still at 3.60. I've tried using QCMA to get around the forced update to transfer legit files downloaded to my PS3, but while it'll happily find Vita related ones, PS1 and PSP files are iffy; some it will see and be willing the transfer, but with others, it acts like they're not even there. I've seen speculation elsewhere online that it has to do with the difference in firmware between the PS3 and Vita, but I'm not sure why it will still see some but not others, instead of going full block on them (plus, if anything, I'd think the Vita files were the ones it would be prone to blocking, not the now past gen stuff).

Atelier Shallie Plus launch window content bonuses announced, first English trailer

wew

goddamn you and your costume whoring ways, KT.

Any word from TK on if the western release will come with the prior JP technical fixes prepatched? I recall hearing it took a patch of three to work out the framerate or whatever in Japan.

Kickass 3
The original PSP.

Getting shades of that hot green-haired girl from the Digimon DS game we never got and never will. Green haired anime girls…

Which one? Because the team that did Digimon Re:Digitize PSP and is still working on the 3DS version also has Digimon Story: Last Evolution as a side project.

Meant officially. I have the translation for the PSP one somewhere in the depths of my PC.

Oh, was just wondering if you meant one specifically for the original DS that we didn't see here, as opposed to possibly lumping DS and 3DS together. Reminds me though, I ought to look for a if there's a prepatched of the "sub" patch varient for Re:Digitize that has had the bugs worked out; think at the time I downloaded mine, the "sub" version was prone to crashing which only left the "dub" one as working.

Have a Farah.

So what's better, 32 gigs of Vita storage or 4 wizard books?

Pretty sure you can pirate those books, and there's no third-party vita memory cards.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. I already have an 8 gb one but that is full already. Now I can pirate Lacrimosa of Dana.

Is that a 2hu?
which one is it.

Trillion isn't that great at all.

Nope, Farah Oersted from Tales of Eternia.

Reminds me that I have an unused 8 GB card, as my Vita came with it but I had already gotten a 16 GB when it was on sale shortly prior to getting the system. I've since upgraded from the 16 GB as well and plan to keep the 16 GB as spare storage, but I've been wondering if it's worth keeping the 8 GB around too, or if I ought to try to get some money for it.

kyouko kasodan

So pic related goes on sale tomorrow morning, anyone have any experience with it?

operationrainfall com/2016/11/10/mary-skelter-nightmares-announced-west/

Hope it doesn't suck.

So apparently that censored bathing scene in SAO Hollow Realization is ONLY in the Japanese version.

Also, Mary Skelter is coming West next summer as 'Mary Skelter Nightmares": archive.is/NhXMF

oh, bugger. didn't see this before I submitted my post. Ah well.

It's like a kinda lame MGS without weapons.

Hopefully it'll see a non-limited only physical release (looking through the archive, I'm not seeing any mention of release format). If so, I guess I'll have to start squirreling some money away again for when it comes out.

guess I'll pass then

I wish LRG would do stuff that's not mediocre indie junk. I mean yeah they did Shantae, Abe's Odyssey New n Tasty, and The Silver Case recently; but those aside, they rarely do GOOD stuff seems like

I still wonder whatever happened to them trying to coordinate with TK for physical prints of the as-of-now digital only Vita Atelier entries.

It's another lewd dungeon rpg!

The US release was physical on PS4, but digital only on Vita.

Not sure about EU. But apparently the vita version is an absolute mess anyway.

I'd love to know the reasoning behind that. Usually it's the other way round.

Farah is the funnest character to play as in that game.

My copy of Root Letter came in, but I can't bring myself to even start playing it because i'm balls deep in SAO: HR

To anyone else who's playing:
How can I move closer on the little "dates" with the girls? I got the nodding/head-shaking down but the furthest I can ever get it "Touch Her Hair", and that's on a rare occassion, it usually ends by the time I get to "Hold Hands" or "Poke Her Cheek." And do I have to get the relationship level to 5 before I can give them armor?

same here. I'm still pretty surprised.

You just dumped some very good news on us Vitafags. Thanks man. I am much less averse to getting this game now so long as it remains uncensored. Still, those frames… Ehhhhhhh…

Sorry for double post but… Context for the two best girls having a moment here? Sinon looks really focused. Also I miss her blue hair.

Mystery Chronicles One Way Heroics was bretty good, not as good as the original pc version but I don't regret getting a physical vita copy from LRG

You and me both, I'm just happy I was able to download that update patch without having to worry, and I can keep my PS4 connected online again.

Yeah, playing the PS4 version, I don't think I could move down to the PSVita's version. That said, it probably runs fine still like Hollow Fragment and Lost Song; I would assume at least.

dunno the context of that scene; i'm about 15 hours in and I'm only about halfway through with Rustoria Plains. This game is gonna be a HUGE time sink. Just FYI, Rustoria Plains is the beginning map. Pic-related is the entire game map. I very much enjoy the "Hollow Area" approach this game has. I've boxed the areas that i THINK will be other maps to go too. Pic #2 is Rustoria Plains map, and I'm about halfway through it, you can see the bottom left chunk I haven't explored yet, and I haven't gotten to that castle either.

Eh, I already have the PC version of OWH, and I enjoyed the few hours I spent playing with it, but it didn't leave much of a big impression on me.

Any news when DT2-2 will be localized?

Never ever.

It's a hit or miss people, you either really like it or you just don't care. OWH+ is probably in my top 10 vidya

No announcements from Atlus USA as of yet. Game's not even out in Japan and also has no solid release date to speak of, so I'm not surprised.

I've only done one playthrough myself and was playing as Reid since my friend was playing Farah, but yeah, she seemed like a pretty fun character to play.

As says, chances are anyone that might pick it up (Atlus again, maybe?) are likely to wait and see how its received in Japan first, before deciding whether or not to bring it over.

Haven't IFI's games sold fairly well on the Vita? Surprises me a bit that they'd be jumping over to a digital only release, but maybe since it's a stand-alone IP compared to Nep they're reluctant or something (the way Atlus has been about Caligula)?

I have a suspicion that Sony America is paying off companies to leave the Vita versions of Vita/PS4 games digital only.

Yeah, that's the other issue i was thinking. Wonder how much control Sony actually has as to what regions can what games/formats on their systems. SCEA used to have some rather retarded laws for that, like PSP ports from coming to NA because they didn't have enough changed/added, and with the PS2, blocking games for arbitrary reasons (of note, they had Agetec scrap the entire translation for Shadow Tower Abyss when it was nearly done on the grounds of "poor graphics" and claiming there was no audience for that sort of game here anyhow).

It only takes a handful of dickish idiots with a stick up their butt about something to ruin it for everyone. Every industry has this problem. Maybe someone at Sony just really hates the system and uses every excuse in the book to try to stop physical production of anything for it, or they're looking for excuses to shut down production of physical games for it. That's basically the direction the new CD drive-less failbox4pro is going, a dark future I want no part of.

No, just Sony themselves. At this point they use the Japanese Vita market as a test for "viability" of what are essentially beta releases before they release full PS4 "exclusives" everywhere else and backport it to Japan as "enhanced". This really just pisses off everyone because Vita owners in the West want games coming over for the Vita and PS4 owners aren't interested in Vita upscales for a console following the PS3 launch experience known as nogames.

Consider it a poor attempt at curation by Sony because they have no fucking idea who their target audience is or who they even want them to be. Sony could have easily marketed the Vita to a niche audience in the West (as all of us know the weeb games are everywhere) and still made ridiculous profits because small markets are more likely to actually pay premiums (>40$) for things that cater to them. Consider the exorbitant price of licensed English VNs on any platform. Instead Sony tried to market the Vita as PS3.5, did not try to create any unique IPs that took specific advantages of the handheld they created, and abandoned it three years after they released it deciding it was another failed experiment. This is why consoles are dying. They no longer bring unique experiences to the table, they have become inferior locked down PCs. Sony had a chance when they first released the PS3 and people were using new features like other OS. Instead they took their toys and went home because they disliked what people were doing with their shit.

This is not some dark future, it is already happening. Quite a few PC games (Yes this is the Vita thread and yet similarities exist) aren't even real physical releases anymore and instead just make sure you have a legitimate key activated before telling you to go to Steam or Origin. It's not specific to Sony and more an industry issue that needs to be fixed quickly, preferably BEFORE it is even more widely adopted and a digital distributor crashing makes people lose a large portion of their libraries (Desura doesn't count because they stocked the equivalent of dime novels). Sony's problem with the Vita is not about how they "feel" about the system and more about them expecting the installbase of a Nintendo handheld instantly without realizing they lack a shitload of what Nintendo handhelds have: a rabid fanbase for their shovelware first party franchise titles, yes Pokemon and Mario are shovelware, and brand loyalty specifically for their line of handhelds (to the degree of the "gold standard" of Nintendo handheld). Before somebody quotes the "massive" number of Vitas sold remember that active use is not the same as number sold. When Nintendo releases a shitty console that isn't selling very well they can easily release one of ten different IPs to instantly sell consoles. Sony does not have this in their full size consoles or handhelds. They killed them off on the Playstation with the worst sequels they could make using fifteenth rate studios for 5$ and they never bothered to curate anything on the PSP/Vita and actually support it. Them trying to push digital releases so hard is not at all because they think stopping physical production will finally kill the system and let them be done with it, they do it because they think people will actually go out and buy a PS4 for the "exclusives" that were just Vita rips and by releasing things digitally and making it a huge hassle (memory card prices) they can cut costs significantly enough to make what is essentially a week of work actually profitable to them on what they consider "legacy hardware".

I was more or less accepting of the age where PC games are going through distribution platforms instead of being available in stores, especially since piracy is so easy. I like my consoles to have physical games so they're their own entertainment gardens independent of DRM. My world consists of PC and Vita, with occasional trips to older consoles where I have physical copies, and I don't get why people are so willing to give up the near-eternal physicality of actually owning a product instead of a license to said product.

Also, those physical games which just come with a fucking code, and aren't able to be played independent of a DRM service? They and those making those decisions can lick my ass after a hot diarrhea shit. If it wasn't for the Asia English games for Vita, I wouldn't get or own half the games I have.

Consoles are their own form of DRM even if you don't consider it that way. Locked down OS, proprietary hardware, separate online services, etc. You could claim compatibility or something with cartridge based systems but seeing as PCs and perfectly capable of playing almost any console exclusive imaginable (even accounting for specialty hardware) through emulation or the games just being ported later the only thing stopping people from playing a PS4 or Vita exclusive natively on a PC is console DRM and exclusivity deals. In an ideal world there would be a choice between physical and digital but producers are generally looking from a cost standpoint: why spend money producing and distributing disks/paying fees for stocking and making 15$ per game when they could just make their own digital distribution service for pennies and charge full price? The best thing would be console manufacturers being unable to sustain "research" costs into converting shitty ten year old PC hardware into DRMboxes and just becoming software developers but that would just open another can of horseshit with them all trying to compete with some retarded form of DRM there. The future is digital only and digital only is cancerous.