They Finally Stopped Getting Away With It

Game Freak have also been hiding behind the potato specs of Nintendo's handhelds for the last 20 years. There's already a Pokemon game confirmed for the switch, and although it could just be a spinoff, a mainline entry on the Switch in the next 2-3 years is inevitable Atlus is also a huge offender of hiding behind the the cheaper development costs of 3DS development for Shin Megami Tensei. Good thing they made all those 3D demon models for Persona 5, they're going to need them.
Where were you when lazy devs hiding behinds handheld hardware got BTFO?

Nintendo made ONE fucking fatal flaw marketing this - trying to market it as a home console.
I would've been fine having it be entirely a handheld, it would be a nice upgrade from the 3DS and somewhat act as a new edition to the gameboy line.
In fact, they should've just called it the Game Boy Neo or some shit.
I hope this succeeds but I'm banking on it to fail.

I'm excited for the switch and its ability to be both a home console and portable console, I hope it does very well

Because Nintendo didn't have a home console that looked better than PS2 games, that never happened, nope. There are so many other things to criticize them for and you have to be a fucking idiot. Why? Why do you suck dicks OP? Is it fun? Do you just want to get fucked wearing girl's clothes?

Do you just want to get fucked wearing girl's clothes?
I do

Nice blog, OP

Niggawhat? Handheld market is different from home console market. Devs cater to handhelds because they need to cater to more consumers. MH had home console versions before, the fact that it shifted to handhelds only means that consumers weren't buying it for home consoles. Never thought I would actually have to defend a developer before, but it has nothing to do with lazyness or jewery.

Yeah devs and publishers should lose money because of my feelings.

Ooh a switch thread, you know what time it is?

Yeah because better hardware means better everything, retarded fucktard

u wot? a lot of effort went into monster hunter looking as good as it does on such an underpowered system

Monster Hunter confirmed as Switch launch title

I only played Monster Hunter in a car once, for an hour, while going on vacation. The other 80 were on various couches and beds. Who plays a game like that on the go?

Where?

Observe >>11144324>>11144008>>11143969

Who cares? EDF is one of the most fun games i've played in years and it looks like something from early PS2 days.

Every single aspect matters.
EDF would benefit from better graphics.

Pokemon sun/moon is basically confirmed to also come to the SWITCH

Every Nintendo thread please.
Manchildren need to fucking die.

enjoy your ban fucking furfag

Kill yourself.

Thanks Mark

?

All done, see you next time

If only.

MONSTER HUNTER IS SHIT
POKEMON IS SHIT
THE 3DS IS A SHIT CONSOLE

FUCK YOU

That gorilla must have to wear a diaper for the rest of its life.

FTFY user :^)

It really doesn't. Gameplay is the only thing that matters for a game.

Why don't they release it on PC? There's an audience for it as it's frequently emulated, there's just no way to pay for it.

They only made Monster Hunter Online to save the poor chinks from Hunter Blade.

Pokémon has many problems before complaining about its graphics. Sun/Moon need to forget X/Y and ORAS ever existed and fix their mistakes.

muh graffix

It's the current year. If your game has worst graphics than gone home, then you have a problem.

i dont care so much about that. but i think a AAA games price should be reflected by its budget. developing graphical assets tends to be the most expensive thing behind marketing, or am i mistaken?

naah

Nigger, you have brain damage. Please seek help

hey why would anyone put their best foot forward when developing release titles? thats just kkkrazy

I disagree. Erasing the line between home and portable consoles is the greatest aspect of it.
Regular home consoles have little to no reason to exist anymore. For a variety of reasons they've lost nearly all their advances over PC and are no better than dated pre-built PCs at this point.

Consoles like the switch is a natural evolution for dedicated gaming hardware.
We should be moving towards consoles similar to the Switch, and companies making interesting hardware to use for PC.
And maybe they'd also literally make small form factor embedded PCs. Valve tried and failed with that, but their approach and the products were garbage, and it was before consoles made the transition I'm talking about

Remember this little chestnut?

one of us is confused

It's quite obvious that the creative director didn't put his best foot forward.

You're a faggot. High end graphics don't make a game good on their own, but if a game is already good, improving the visuals will invariably make the experience better.

So you somehow took
as

It seems like when some faggots read they only see what they want to argue against, not what's actually said.

Aaaaaand video games are finally dead.

How is better hardware going to suddenly make things harder for small companies?

Expectations from consumers and if applicable investors.

Please.
Atlus.
Listen to me.
Never make another Shin Megami Tensei game.
Just keep making Persona.
SMT4 and SMT4-2 were awful enough.
We don't need you to fuck the games up harder.
Just stop.
Persona sells more anyway.

Persona is garbage level waifu shit.
Fuck you and you're shitty taste.

I know you tried very hard, but please do not post when you cannot read English.

calm your tits, fanboy. He was talking about handhelds, not home consoles. The angry nintendo fanboy is not a persona that needs to pop up now seeing how the general reaction to the NX is positive.

yes, but only by anime boys

Except he's right. Persona is by far the worst subseries, and you're suggesting they trash the mainline games that still have some redeeming qualities to them in favor of the waifu-pandering VN casual shit.

This. Handhelds these days are making more money than home consoles and sell more units and on top of that developing games for handhelds is usually cheaper.

I know you tried very hard, but please do not post when you cannot read English.

Maybe its important enough to read it for the first time then. Since you obviously haven't yet or you'd be embarrassed about your post.

You know, just posting the same thing repeatedly doesn't prove that you speak English either. Are you the world's shittiest chatbot?

holy shit I don't know or care what this is about, but you're a fucking faggot. Kill yourself

You should read the reply chain then. But I guess you won't since you'd be embarrassed about yourself afterwards.

and then anons forget how to communicate, and everybody dies

Some of those models look odd when I saw them in persona 5 (Silky's hair, yaksini's odd hands), then there's models where it looks like there's hardly any change (Nue.)

If they plan on making another SMT game, it'll need to step up.

Then again, that's probably a pipe dream since they'll just milk persona like always.

After constantly dealing with reactionary idiots who don't read closely enough, it is understandable to not want to take the effort to spoon feed them want is clearly written already.

MEME GAME
E
M
E
G
A
M
E

that hasn't stopped pixelshit from getting into the market

Those are mostly shitty indie games that don't sell at all like the trash they are. I mean real developers from AA studios.

They get to the market but don't make a lot of money usually. Go look at some pixelshit games that didn't end up being indie flavor of the month. Most of them don't end up selling more than 15,000 copies.

You imply 15k copies isn't a shit ton for a tiny indie team that may even be one person.

You forget these are hipster faggots with expensive tastes and terrible management skills. Or should I remind you that the development cost of Revolution 60 soaked up over $500k?
I wouldn't be surprised if for most of these pixelshit games they ended up spending so much in development that they lose more than half the possible profit from that 15k in sales

Bravo Nintendo. You've managed to hit the sweet spot that satisfies absolutely nobody.

How is that even possible?

It doesn't look any bigger no bigger than all those tablets I see people lugging around(This is with the joy-cons attached). I fail to see how it's too big to a handheld.
Unless you're one of those faggots that think it needs to fit in your pocket to be a handheld.

The same reason the new Ghostbusters got greenlit. Because everyone's just dying to throw money at the feminism train without thinking about it.

You seem to think games are bade because of budget, when no, they're bad because the devs are just shite. This and I'd assume a touch of console envy.

I mean, fuck Nintendo. I hate Nintendo as much as any reasonable person does.
At the same time, I (personally) don't think we ever needed to move beyond PS2 graphics. They did their job perfectly and allowed developers to spend less money on graphics and more on the game's content.
I'll defend really shitty indie 8-bit knockoff pixel 'art' too, if the game underneath is fun.

Tablets are too big to be handhelds too and those people are fucking retards.

Yeah, just put it in your man purse next to your iPad and your tampons.

I don't see how it looks too big
The "tablet" part is a 6" screen, which is marginally bigger than a lot of smart phones. The joy-cons add on a little extra horizontal length, so it's just a slightly bigger PSVita.
Are you the type of person to obsess over something being able to fit in your pocket to be considered portable? Have you never used a book bag?
Also I guess I need to put something in my pocket to use it at my desk or in bed.

And about the power, we no nothing about the specs yet, but depending on the tegra used you can hardly say it's not good enough to be used as a home console. The X1 has better specs than the 360 and PS3 for example.
A mobile form factor doesn't == abysmal specs anymore.

Poly counts didn't need to move past the PS2 level, I agree. But texture quality on those 3DS games is fucking awful and anyone who tries to defend that shit needs to get the fuck out.
2D games are fine most of the time because even 8-bit games can have good visual clarity if you're smart about it. But the textures of 3DS games is inexcusable and I'm glad the Switch is replacing that garbage.

I can fit a tablet bigger than the Switch in several of my pockets because i'm a man with man pants.

I can fit a tablet bigger than the Switch in several of my holes because I'm a furfag with furfag pants.

That's a big butt

Who the hell doesn't, are you retarded and gay?

Acidman, is that you?

???

Because if they don't manage their money well they don't make enough money to fuck off from the industry so they'll keep polluting it with their shitty games and opinions.

They should lose money either ways, faggot.

Nowheres, because JAPANESE DEVS CARE ABOUT JAPANESE CONSUMERS FIRST. EVERYONE ELSE IS A BONUS. A remider that the japanese lifestyle does not afford them to use home consoles or desktops as much as handhelds and unfortunatly, mobile. And we still have no clue if the dock is just a fancy charge and tv output cradle or if it has some extra shit inside. I hope the cradle means they might use it as a modular base so if you want to use older games they will allow for attachments.

Jesus Christ OP, go fucking kill yourself. There's every chance Nintendo will announce a new 100% handheld after the 3DS, as the Switch wont do it for some nips who want more than 3 hours of playtime.

You know what? I'd wager there will never be a cord Pokemon game on a console for the next 10 years. The game is marketed and bought by, primarily, children. Children, especially younger ones, dont want to sit on a couch and play an RPG. The idea of sitting on a couch all day is learned behaviour, they'd much rather run about with friends and play Pokemon, which is why they keep it on mobile platforms.

OP is a fag, surprising noone. When console gaming all went to shit marketing to frat boys with Halo, we still had handhelds to carry on. Then those tried to force 3d garbage and now the only way to get a decent game is to play some H-game that will never be in English. Why the fuck are people translating shitty VN when there are some great ones with actual gameplay? It's like translation disappeared.

Those 'costs' are paying themselves money. Not burning it for warmth or whatever you imagine. It's 100% profit. Entertainment production can never ever ever lose money. What is called lost went into their pockets. It's just double jewing to get out of taxes.

The only problem occours if monster hunter changes the core gameplay style and goes for open world instead of area by area type.

They said it themselves that it would drastically change everything and have to basically make a new game. Only thing I would expect is more detailed areas and water back? Maybe more monsters?

At least they have to try to optimize their games.
Rip Framerates in every japanese game
Rip games smaller than a Gigabyte that last dozens of hours
Rip chances of Mother 3 being released stateside since it was canceled when they ceased production on the Wii U

Why does Nintendo insist on making these stupid gimmick consoles, releasing all of 5 major releases on it then jumping ship to a "brand new" console a year later ?

Nintendo should go bankrupt.

It's been 6 hasn't it? Wii U came out in japan in 2010 if I remember right.

How much to you get to anti-shill on the internet?

I see this on reddit and gamefaq too.

I haven't kept up to date with vidya related news for the past two months so pardon my ignorance. Is this the NX?

Yes, unless they announce a different console a week later.

You can't call everything that isn't 100% the status quo a gimmick. Pick related is what a gimmick is.

The Wii's motion control can be considered a gimmick for most of its use, often for pure novelty.
The Switch's concept is not a gimmick because it serves an entirely practical purpose. Whether you think it's a good one or not is a different story, but the concept doesn't qualify as a gimmick.

They should have gotten the Colo/Gale of Darkness devs to make a sequel to those to be ready in launch window

because never bending in your original opinion and only seeking validation of your own opinion echoed back to you is totally not droning.

Nope, 2012

Apparently not actively shitting on a company is defending it now.

Graphics are extremely important. A strong aesthetic and art style can really ties everything together, and make a game more enjoyable.

Shit, I'd prefer good low-poly work (gif related) and a solid 60FPS over ~24fps and "modern" graphics that still aren't up to snuff with shit we had 6+ years ago on PC.

Yes, user. Every thread with an opinion on something new is all a ploy by the jews and shills to trick the goyim.

The constant use of "graphics" to describe only graphical detail has made graphics in regard to aesthetic design completely fly over many peoples' heads.

I don't even like Nintendo, but you are being silly.

I honestly feel that edge might actually be a boon since it looks interesting enough to catch people's eyes. Though I think this thing will live or die on battery life and price. If both aren't good enough, the thing will flop hard.

Well the term is almost entirely engulfed as being jargon for that particular design element, even if it is important for the two to be viewed as a similar field, people typically view Aesthetic and Graphic as two different styles rather than individual elephants.

Monster Hunter has always had a non-G and then a G release later on, this is NOTHING new you ignorant twat

That being said, if MH5/5U is one Switch, i'll definitely buy one

You mean scrapping the story starting from X/Y, all the way from the Delta Episode.

I'm DEFINITELY okay with this, but sadly, Sun/Moon is heavily connected to X/Y like oRaS, because emma is in the game, and so is gladion.

I bought into the meme anons kept spouting about it being a spin-off so there wouldn't be a G version
But I didn't buy the game :^)

Seeing all you retards defending the shitty textures and 240p blurriness of these platforms all these wonderful series are trapped on is fucking sad.
Sure having 100,000 polys per model isn't fucking necessary, and I'm not dumb enough to think that. But the point that seems to have flown over the head of every faggot in this thread who's parroting the old bullshit of "Graphics don't matter" seem to be forgetting that graphics do matter when they're this shitty.
Monster Hunter is currently trapped on a shitty platform with a 240p resolution and hardware so bad that you've got a lot of double digit texture resolutions in the game. And framedrops in a lot of the multi-monster quests if you're playing on a normal 3DS and not the new3DS
Shin Megami Tensei is on this same platform where they decided "fuck it, the battles are in 2D" because they know it's more trouble than it's worth.
Pokemon fucking chugs if there's even certain Pokemon on screen during battles.
The 3DS is shit and everyone who's looking at my OP on the mere surface level and deciding to label me a graphics whore are fucking retards.

Until they run out of money and go defunct. How hard is this to understand? The only reason it hasn't happened already is because Canada and several countries in Europe are literally funding them for propaganda purposes but that bubble is on its way to a spectacular pop.

Ok.

Why?

It's been a couple years since I checked, are there any good Monhun games on PC yet?
Dragon's Dogma doesn't count but it almost does

Monhun on real platform never ever

There's a surprising amount of detail to be unlocked in 3DS games when run on a legitimate gaming platform.

>A remider that the japanese lifestyle does not afford them to use home consoles or desktops as much as handhelds and unfortunatly, mobile.
AHAHAHAHA!!!

Did they finally do something about the bug thing and the dead gems they had lying around that steven was all like "oh man im so gonna help you" and then forgot about for like 1000 episodes?

Also ("SNS" is social networks)

Agreed. I have posted about the same kind of thing earlier. I'm tired of good IPs being held hostage to archaic hardware.
Thankfully, the 3DS' time seems to be ending, and the Switch at least looks adequate.

The survey is flawed since most people spend their time at home and they automatically voted for where the spend the most time. Even if it's just for an hour going to kobini it being mobile is very important because people don't like to be interrupted in their gaming session.

If I'm reading it right (since it doesn't add up to 100%,) the survey isn't where people use them most, but where people use them at all, meaning each respondent checked all applicable boxes. In other words, >80% of "mobile" gamers NEVER USE IT AWAY FROM THEIR PC.

Op is a fag, low end graphics are fine and are an easier way to get good performance and a unique look compared to other games.

What is it going to take for these fools to wake up?

Seeing all this bait is funny.

X/Generations was so fucking disappointing. Half the goddamn game was gathering quests and it's just overall way too easy. Good thing I didn't pay for it.

You haven't seen shit yet, the SuMo demo has a point near the end where you're rocking about 3fps for a brief moment when you fight a totem "boss" pokemon and it calls in ONE FUCKING ALLY to make that happen. If horde battles are back I'm not even sure the O3DS can handle them.

what is this shit about gathering quests? I didnt notice many more than 4u

Dude I liked MHX more than 4U and even I think there were way too many fucking gathering quests.

Still better than the RNG shitfest that was 4U.

Did anyone play MH3U on the Wii U? How did that look?
Personally I just want a MonHun that runs at 60FPS and doesn't look like a pixellated mess.

It's a bit too big to be a true handheld. The Vita 1000 and 3DSXL are already pushing it, but a 6 inch display device is way too big to carry around comfortably. It's more of a gaming tablet than a handheld.

looks miles better than any mainline monster hunter game

This is pretty pathetic, even for Nintendrones

Why the fuck does that look like Elliot Rodger.

but it doesnt

Are you saying that that looks like a real human bean?

I use my portable at home maybe 60% of the time.
But tell you what; it's the 40% that I'm using it outside of my house that's actually important.

(checked)

it really does.

Your best bet for playing Monhun on PC is PSP emulation and playing Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd.
PPSSPP seems to have pretty much "solved" PSP and 3rd has some nice assets that look pretty good when you up the resolution.

I welcome the AA budget titles on home consoles, as those games tend to be much better than AAA over-developed trash has spent 3/4s of their budget on muh graffix, hollywood voice actors, and cutscenes - then don't have enough cash left over to finish the game, so they end up selling it to you piecemeal later on as DLC.

Consoles are just hyped up low-end PCs. It's not impressing anybody but retards. Leave the graphical heavy lifting those who can update their graphics card every other year, and use the extra horsepower they keep packing into those machines for rendering shit over 720 (upscaled to 1080) @ 30fps.

They are fucking handheld games, i couldn't give less of a fuck about graphics you insufferable autist.

*unsufferable

6th gen's 3D models are actually ridiculously detailed for a 3DS game. If the animations weren't shit for a significant portion of the dex and the 3DS could actually handle it without fps drops the presentation would be top notch.

People have already managed to run the Sun and Moon demos at 1080p using an emulator. It's slow as molasses but the models look pretty good at the resolution - it's the textures that are shit. I could see Gamefreak retexturing the game and releasing this game on the Switch as well.

Monhon was on the PS2, the most real of all consoles you faggot

I hope it never releases on PC. Steamfags are the most cancerous people around.

Shit, all I can do is fit a dragon dildo down my throat.
Damn son.

Well I'll interject
All these fucking normalfaggots have 6 and a half inch phones so a Handheld isn't too different

they could've just made a new DS that didn't have garbage specs and wasn't meant to be carried in the pocket of a baby midget and played by the same baby midget while having a battery that lasts less than me in the bathroom

it's quite surprising they couldn't just downscale the shit out of everything since there's no detail at all to be seen in a 400x240 screen with garbage tier 3d assuming people even bother to turn it on anymore

The main complaint I have about the 3d is the complete lack of AA, which numbs the experience.

Yeah, but those had controls even worse than the handheld iterations.

Lazy devs don't like low performance hardware, they rely on high specs hardware for all the shiny graphics they pump to the gills so they can make the game look good without actually being good.

How fucking old are you to still think this means anything OP? Kill yourself.

The thing's too cumbersome for use on the train. The Switch won't sell until they release a smaller version that's actually portable.

Shit specs are not the same thing as shit graphics.

Why do you think better hardware will force Capcom to not half-ass it?

I'm kind of impressed this thread is still alive.

Is it bad that I actually want the switch to be good and a success?

why would it be bad that you want good video games? fuck, id like it if ea games made good games. i want any money i spend to be worth it.
theyre not going to suck my dick, the best we can get out of them is good products.

Why would you not want things to turn out well?

Kill yourself shill.

what is this chinese cartoon reaction pic called? I googled and couldn't find anything

its mokou from touhou. some chinaman is churning them out. as english practice i think
try using saucenao it should bring you to a pixiv

thanks mate

I don't know who I hate more, Jewtendo and their inability to learn or nintendrones who defend every fucking thing they do like it's a religion.

Opposite problem, they focused too much on power and forgot to make it portable

They will keep missing the point forever, it doesnt matter what nintendo does because they will just lap it up and defend it.

That comes later. Nintendo loves to revise their handhelds. The first model gets the console audience, the latter ones nail the portability.

The problem is it's going to be dead in the water for months. It won't sell at home because you can't take that shit out on the train, and the foreigners won't buy it because the media tells them they're not allowed to like Nintendo. In about a year and a half or so they'll come out with an SS model alongside a new Monster Hunter and all will be well, but until then it's going to be the first months of the 3DS and the Wii U all over again.

It sounds like you're just being pessimistic. We don't know what games they'll have at launch, and the following months aside from Zelda. We don't know it's price either.

Until we do it's hard to say either way how it'll preform.

Given the dearth of content we've seen for wii U and 3ds lately I'd say there's a fifty fifty chance Nintendo has learnt from their last two launches and is stocking up on games, both new and ports of old ones, to pad out the launch library and get some early momentum going.

It's the reality of the situation. People whip out 3DSes, Vitas, and cell phones on trains, not tablets or laptops for the most part. There simply isn't room. Combined with the fact 3DS is getting a MonHun around the same time, there simply isn't going to be a market for it anytime soon.

We just got Sekaiju no MeiQ 5 in August, Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari SP a week or so ago, and we're getting Pokemon next week, and MonHun Double Cross in March. It might not be the nonstop barrage we've had in the past, but it's hardly what I'd call a dearth.

All they confirmed was that there would be a pokemon game on it. They never even hinted at Sun/Moon being on it.

The switch is the right idea, both economically and design-wise. Miniaturisation, seamless integration and portability is what's expected from modern lifestyle devices.
What I'm worried about is that it's made by the company with the most difficulties to adapt to new concepts and infrastructures. Nintendo's online service is a huge mess, and none of their devices sport multimedia playback capabilities in a fashion that you'd expect from other devices in the same market.
What I'm worried about, in short, is that they'll find a way to mess up.

Exactly. I just love how my DVD player can also playback my FLAC files.
But seriously, multipurpose devices don't give you the best of both worlds. They give you the barebones of both worlds, with the flaws of both, but the exceptional performance of none.

But the Switch is the opposite of miniaturization and portability, it's a fuckton bigger than the 3DS.

Only slightly bigger than a 3DSXL though, which is the highest-selling revision of the 3DS. It's also thinner than the 3DSXL, and has a higher quality display.
The only real dealbreaker in this scenario would be the battery life in tablet mode, I expect around 3 hours in max settings and 5/6 in battery-saving mode. Slightly less than the 3DS - but good enough to take with you on the train. The problem of battery life is also mitigated if they choose to go with USB-C over some propietary connector - you can just hook it up to the same battery pack that 90% of people own nowadays (mostly thanks to Pokemon go, power bank sales shot through the roof when that game was popular.) to charge your console on the go.

When it's opened or closed though? Because being able to keep the LL in your pocket is a pretty big deal. There's also the fact that you would need to carry around the extra side parts and assemble it on the go everytime.

he look like the cripple from got

Closed. The screen size dimensions are exactly the dimensions of the N3DS XL closed(6.2 x 3.5 inches) with about 1 inch for the edge of the tablet.