Fighting Game General: Archetypes Edition

Susano'o is the secret character. Jubei data was found in the disc (announcers for him).
Game is out now! Es will be free on the first week: store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/blazblue-central-fiction-playable-character-es/cid=UP1024-CUSA04191_00-BBCFPS4000002000

Scizor announced as the new character for the arcade version.
Croagunk is confirmed as well: youtube.com/watch?v=j24Fo-lTEVk

Balance patch(1.03) and bugfix patch(1.04) released:
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03_en.pdf
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.04_en.pdf
Nightmare Geese skin DLC for Geese is available for U$1.99
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system.

Limited physical edition for PS4 and Vita are up to pre-order only at Limited Run Games.
The bundle will feature a full-color manual and a special OST. If pre-orders reach at least 10,000 copies, Japanese Audio will be added.
Lobby update for the console and Vita version will be out when the physical edition drops.

Terrordrome: Reign of the Legends is officially back on track. Still in pre-production phase, will be using Unity with UFE. Demo will be out by next year with a Kickstarter campaign.

Arcade version coming with a modified PC station in the arcades.
CPT DLC will be removed from the store in November.

Miguel Cabalero was announced for Tekken7: youtube.com/watch?v=kKxDRu6NllA

Steam version announced coming this winter.
PC version adds new victory animations, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved.

Mangagamer announced they'll localize Umineko's most recent fighting game, Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS as Golden Fantasia CROSS. The game will be released on Steam.

VF5FS added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list.
The game will be playable as one of the extra games of Yakuza6 on the PS4.

SNKP will officially change its name back to SNK in December, 1st.
SNK Entertaiment webpage is up. The company will be responsible for licensing SNK's IPs to other games and media. Falcoon is back as part of the staff.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

>Previous thread: archive.is/Igw32

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e8i0wTwD0Ds?t=2413
shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/
surveygizmo.com/s3/3135436/KI-Fall2016-FanSurvey
twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey
keeponrock.in/?
keeponblaz.in/
horibuna.web.fc2.com
youtu.be/-1rF_Ul7qC4?t=135
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=796125339
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mains templates to help you guys

welcome to the new thread

Well, there's many characters that use their butts as attacks.
By the way, DOA Xtreme3 had a Keijo DLC pack recently.

It's shit OP. Do you have a clean template for us to fill in?

The OPs are never to be taken seriously. I usually round up the news and come up with something related to the main subject being discussed at the end of the last thread.
So no, I don't have a template but it's not hard to make one once you guys settle on the archetypes.

I just hope I didn't forgot any related news. Like, does SFV had anything related to the game itself recently?

The news is Street Fighter V is failing bad and only shipped 100k units in six months which everyone probably knows already. Me, I am just waiting for Tekken 7 and KoF XIV to take over the west like they have the east because god damn is the core gameplay of SFV boring as fuck.

The bad girl?

When it comes to what martial art they use, that's if it's a fighting game where characters' fighting styles are at least a tiny bit based on a real martial art, you'll mostly see at least one karateka, one JKD practicioner (if he isn't a Bruce Lee clone outright), one wrestler and someone who uses a Chinese martial art.

This is just what's most common of course, Virtua Fighter didn't have a karateka up until the last iteration of the game for example and karateka in both 2D and 3D fighters are usually the main characters and are thus easy to learn since they're all-around good characters, but it needn't at all be so.
JKD practicioners are usually the guys who look almost exactly like Bruce Lee, the only exception I can think of is Jacky from Virtua Fighter. Their main characteristic is speed.
Wrestlers are usually big and slow, but have powerful strikes and more throws than normal characters, examples are numerous, but here are a few - Zangief, Alex, Wolf Hawkfield, King and Armor King. Some grapplers don't need to be pro wrestlers, but can be practicioners of martial arts which use a lot of throws, like judo (Goh from VF) or sambo (Bayman from DoA).
Chinese martial arts are varied and the same is the case in videogame characters, but I think that the most common Chinese martial arts are Xing Yi Quan, Bajiquan and Tai Chi Quan, but again you have a lot to choose from.

Some other martial arts which appear frequently are Aikido, Zui Quan, Muay Thai, some form of Ninjutsu (usually just Jujutsu with ninja-type flashy shit thrown in), Tae Kwon Do, boxing. Aikidoka are usually good with counters (Aoi from VF), Zui Quan practicioners are usually drunk fucks whose confusing movements fill in the "confusing character" archetype (Shun from VF), Muay Thai practicioners use quick and powerful strikes, usually with their knees or elbows (Joe from SNK games), Ninjutsu practicioners usually do flashy disappearing and reappearing crap and other moves like that (a good chunk of the cast of DoA), Tae Kwon Do practicioners (Hwoarang and Baek, Kim Kaphwan, Juri) and boxers (Balrog, Steve Fox) are polar opposites, the former use almost exclusively kicks while the former uses exclusively punches.

Of course, those are just general archetypes, if you want to make characters based on what martial art they use there's a whole world of possibilites and of course you can take some liberties, it's not like you're making a simulator of martial arts.

The fat guy?

If it were me I would prefer to focus entirely on either gameplay archetypes (shotoclones, grappler, zoner, rushdown and all of their variations) or character archetypes. Also maybe "joke-character-that-isn't-really-a-joke"?

That's usually what I think of when I think of fightan archetypes. All-arounders (shotos), fast but weak, slow but powerful, fast and powerful but has a weakness (either weak range, too predictable or unsafe), grapplers, confusing to fight against (good for mind games), zoners etc.

You meant to say "the big guy", right?

Oh shit that reminds me of link related. One of the most beautiful moments of exposing someone else in a grand final. Sorry can't embed because Holla Forums does not like timestamped links.

youtu.be/e8i0wTwD0Ds?t=2413

Are fighting games a nigger sport?

The transvestite with yoyos

Shit pictures

mains

If we're talking Bi-Han, otherwise Scorpion fits that bill much better since MKX rolled around.

The puppet characters

i want this with DOA but i dont think DOA has all of these archtypes.

no hero, many femme fatales, many ninjas, many hard hitters, no sub boss, 1 palette swap 3x (kasumi, kasumi with a hood, liquid kasumi), old man/gen fu, many grapplers, monster? maybe that glowing guy. the final boss? maybe that same glowing guy… even though he's not the final boss.

I don't like Carl or Celica that much, or the idea of a puppet character especially, but Relius is such a great design I want to get good with him.

anyone wanna play kof 02 on fightcade with a shitter?

how is seung mi-na a racial archtype?
shes not the only chinese character in soul calibur

ive asked two different boys if they would cosplay Bridget and then let me fuck them but they didnt xD

That's Julia Chang from Tekken.

Nigga get your eyes checked. It's Julia from Tekken.

I would in a heartbeat if I had a costume. Could you dress as Jam?

Are you a girl?

Let me check those perfect integers, fightan ass man.

no im a boy

Shame. Despite the picture, I'm not gay.

Bridget for Xrd when? He came second on a most wanted poll behind Dizzy, but everyone seems to think baiken is the more likely option if they add someone in. I'd rather Bridget.

What were the statistics for the most wanted poll anyway? Are there any GG characters that were pretty much NEVER EVER status?

You can call Xiao Hai a tier-whore all you want but that guy just know how to play with a top tier. Him in '98 is godly.

I would say, half of the character is the gameplan and the other half is the appearance.

I don't know if any game has all the archetypes. Few games have the puppet character like pointed out. And I hate joke characters like Dan being made bad for sake of the joke. Shingo and Yuri(KOF), Zack(DOA), hell, even Kuma(Tekken) was viable in some games.

Don't forget the Capo characters Harada!

Pick one

>shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/

Kliff is in the never ever, and robo ky didn't so too well either. Both those results surprised me.

shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/

REVELATOR ON STEAM WHEN

That's easy, user: NEVER EVER

I agree with that, but a character's gameplay usually matches his appearance. Like I mentioned, it's hard to find a character who does JKD who isn't just Bruce Lee with a different name or a Zui Quan practicioner who isn't a drunk, usually old, Chinese man. Bonus if they're perverted.

After the Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown PC port

Probably Jan/Feb at the earliest.

Those images are fucking awful for a lot of reasons.
1. - Mixes fighting style archetypes with character personality archetypes. Are you talking about the character itself or the game? Fucking tool.
2. - "2nd female", "Young girl". What is this feminist bullshit? Those characters have backstory and personality, you might as well call Ken "2nd dude".
3. - Doesn't even use traditional fighting game terminology, like shotos.

I think KOF did well. Also, Bob and Rufus are fast characters in spite their appearance. Angel, Vice and Shermie hits like a truck.

Arcana Heart in general, you should never judge the characters before playing them.

It would certainly be an upgrade from "Palette Swap"
And shoto doesn't apply to 3D games, MK or even some animefighters.

???
Archetypes are usually a base from which you can build. Only a shitty writer leaves the characters as just the archetype.

You mean fighting games on a three-dimensional plane like Soul Calibur. 3D game just refers to the graphics, not the gameplay.

how new are you?

Yes, feminist bullshit.
A lot of feminazi blogs complain about female characters being devoid of personality and just being there for their looks because the games are targeted towards boys. "2nd female", "young girl" and shit like that legitimizes them, it's saying "yeah, she's just there to be the girl".

How is "Second female" a base for fucking anything? It doesn't even mean anything. It's the same as saying your game is based is based on the "gameplay" archetype, with graphics that follow the "3d graphics" archetype. It's bullshit.

"3D fighters" refers to that since back in the day there was a clear divide in 2D and 3D fighters when 3D fighters started introducing evades, sidesteps or other ways to move about in the stage while characters in 2D fighters could move only in one line. Even when 3D fighters didn't have sidesteps there were quite a lot of differences between say Street Fighter and early Virtua Fighter so yes, "3D fighter" does refer to gameplay.

Fine. Makes sense if he had said "3D fighter" and not "3D game".

I was going to provide an argument but you're an underaged poltard. There's no reasoning in the world you'll accept.

Would Fatal Fury be considered a 3D fighter with it's alley system?

You can simply not reply if you're so scared of having a conservation.

Either way, I don't see why you'd want to argue that "2nd female" says much as an archetype when it clearly doesn't mean anything at all. It's just like saying "2nd dude", "3rd dude", etc.

I don't go to Holla Forums. chill

No.

When you talk about 3D fighting games, you are always talking about Virtua Fighter, Tekken, SoulCalibur, DOA and other games with 3D movement. And in a fighting game thread, we usually discuss games that are accepted as of the fighting genre.

Many fighting games characters are devoid of personality and are nothing aside from their looks. And it's fine, story, lore are nice and all, but should not be the focus. Even if many casuals want "muh MK story mode" not every game should do that and SFV made a mistake by trading the traditional "Arcade Mode" to have a (delayed) cinematic story mode with questionable quality.

She's not the main poster girl. Their design should catter to a different audience. The same thinking could be used for a "2nd dude" as Ken could fill that quota if he wasn't literally a headswap of Ryu in his first game. Andy Bogard or Joe Higashi would be a better example to Terry, the hero.

I miss plane shifting but no, you can only move inside those two planes with 2D movement.

By the way, Kuroki made a sketch of Kyo, after that, Oda tried to do the same with Kyo and Sylvie.

I was dropping in to see if the 8ch Holla Forums FGC was still alive and kicking but then i see this post.
What the fuck is happening in these threads.
No fucking way i'm talking fighting games with you guys as long as you keep cockroaches like this little shit freely roaming around your threads.
Clean this shit up.

I didn't think Anji was that popular. When most people discuss their favorite GG character, Anji almost never comes up. pic semi related.

My disgust cannot be contained
baiken deserves next entry though
I don't play bridget but he needs to be in there too

Is there any other fighting game with similar feel to it?

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution :^)

Agreed, seeing all the new characters in the blocky glory of the early games was the greatest shit.

DOA5 is Virtua Fighter with wacky stuff. But the PC version still doesn't have lobbies. But I think it's the most similar one.

Virtua Fighter 3 and Virtua Fighter 3 Team Battle can be emulated on PC through the use of the SuperModel 3D emulator. Apparently they have some emulation errors, but they are playable at least.

The best thing is that now they also want to expland to another games like Street Fighther and KOF

I just wanted to play fighting games.

was there an update to this site that severally limits your file size? I wouldn't know if there was a thread about it these fightan threads are really the only place I lurk well guess I gotta spread both lists by 2 posts.

now that central fiction is out I can just plop my mains here, Es is pretty fun.
gonna pick up chunners for a secondary in SF 2,3 and V.
fiddled with SFxT yesterday gonna co-main Julia, despite it's many many flaws I think the Tekken Characters transitioned well in 2D, the muddy look is pretty awful though.
May-lay has 4 mains now, fuck it.
and Bayo for smash 4 and anarchy reigns, or I should say I wanted to try out Bayo in AR but I think my disc is defunct, nothing outside the menu screen loads, not practice, not simulator, not anything, I mean ya' know fuck it, a main is someone[s] you can go to straight away so I main her in that game, screw it.

I miss the 2 or so planes older fightans used to do

Street Fighter 5 closes after 15 seconds with no error message. Anybody have any clue what might be causing it? I already made exceptions in my anti-virus.

h-ha, I sure showed you guys

You have to buy more capcom products to get it to work.

I remember the upload file size being 8MB and now it's 12MB. Your images that are just too big user.
Also,
Are you a low tier warrior?

You should've made him understand why he was losing and also handicaped yourself if the fights were too one-sided. Try to explain to him and give him another chance
Now if the matches were all at the same level and were close ones, fuck him.

Good for you user. It's been some time since I played 3D fightan with my friends.

Xrd is trash and anyone who plays it is weak and will not survive to see the future.

Hello Baiken and/or Robo-Ky main. How's it going?

bumping with the reminder that Skullgirls isn't a dead game :^)

ya blew it

I don't think I'll forget about skullgirls 🍆

Man, that's one very salty announcer.

Worst girl attached to a moronic post.

Shut up RunningWild, go make more RealBout videos

Next time you know, you won't have any friends

Is there even a point in getting into fighting games anymore? The only ones that won't die by at least tomorrow either install malware on your PC or require Windows 10.

KoF XIV's online community is holding up pretty well on the PS4, maybe it will have a decent community when the PC port happens

How long must I wait user?

Well it was 22 months between KoF13's console and PC version, and SNK is aware that a big portion of the fanbase is PC users. So I'd say 10 to 18 more months.

yeah, more or less.
I always main characters on how much fun I think there basic stuff is and that mentality of main picking most of the time sends me to less then stellar characters.
other than finding out who's banned in a game I rarely look up tiers lists.
gotta stick with what feels right man.

Got a thing for boss characters?

Ok. My character is funner to play in xrd.

Why does everyone who plays Xrd in these threads main May? Is it just a coincidence?

May is fun and easy to just pick up and play

Same here. But I'm waiting of a sale to buy Revelator because fuck ArcSys after those BBExtend

That is MikeZ one of the head devs of Skull Girls.

Because you can ride dolphins for big damage. It's extremely satisfying even when it's an accidental confirm.

Also it's probably just me spamming may pics constantly.

I know, I was just making fun of how upset he is over people bullying his game

Why? He's so bad. He can't even make good Jojo fan art.

I don't.

These "archetypes" are arbitrary as fuck and some of the examples like Taki or Leona aren't even true to their actual fighting style, Leona barely passes because she has like 1 move with a gizmo (the explosive earring) and Taki outside of a couple flashy moves is more of a fast combo character, there are many characters that do more ninja stuff than her

Just naming generic game elements, although all these "archetypes" are more or less generic in all games. I mean "second female" kek, literally just there because Cammy was a second female in SF, lets go and add "third female" as well

Whoever tried to pass this is clearly drinking sjw koolaid, and also hasn't played fighting games at all.

Because lolis that is why.

Ky looks better with his hair down

Agreed

Can anyone tell me how the 2013 patch for xTekken improved the game? I've never touched the game but I heard the patch really unfucked it

Says you, I barely play with her. I'm more of a I-no guy

Ky is a pretty cute, but May is cuter

Shit opinion. I agree with the rest of you post though

Some balance fixes that I can't think of right off the top of my head. The main thing was netcode, granted it's still Capcom's attempt at netcode but it's miles better than it was when the game launched where game sounds wouldn't even load.

Post dead game screenshots

I would but Rising Thunder won't even go to the menu.

How? I mean RT was apparently everyone's hope for a decent mecha game, i didn't know it was DOA

At least that 's more active than VF5:FS

Microsoft doing a survey on KI btw

Having trouble deciding on my meme gender

post link to servery

fucking auto correct, survey*

surveygizmo.com/s3/3135436/KI-Fall2016-FanSurvey

say you identify as Shoryukin

R8

My pronouns are FORTHEEMPEROR

It was bought by Riot. They shut down the servers a long while ago.

Did I meme well enough?

Juri got Laura preggers and their daughter is a haxxor.

Does anyone else go back and watch how exciting and fun USF4 was to both play and spectate, only to get depressed at the pile of shit we have now?

not seeing Juri there, but I do see Laura in there. However I will say, Juri's SFV costume would look better and make a lot more sense with her whole feet covered like El Haxxor there.

cant say I do, though I really didnt like SF4 all that much to begin with.

I guess "the hoodrat" is going to be part of that archetype list. Seems every damn game now has to have one of these abominations.

How about Laura steals Juri's purple..eh..lilac colour scheme?

I can see that, Laura's the fashionable type, I cant see her rocking the HUE colors for too long. and that pink color is fuchsia i believe. In case you were wondering.

God, I hate this TF2 ripoff piece of shit

where jojo httf at?

Are there any fighting games that you wish were actually good?

Oh shit, my sides

Its Laura and one of her brothers kid

I was following this game since it was a project in M.U.G.E.N. and it never stops being a disappointment. It's telling when the mobiletrash ver. of the game looks more fun than the actual one.

Post-2 Soulcalibur titles. I got a lot of mileage out of 3 but I think it was just because the single player stuff tickled me in the 'tism.

To a lesser extent, a couple of Sega fighters - Eternal Champions and Golden Axe: The Duel. I wish Sega gave those a second chance, particularly GA.

Who is playing Blazblue Central Fiction? I haven't picked it up yet.

I hear the training/combos sections are very intuitive, and help you learn different paths for combos to use in different situations. Perhaps.

How are the new characters?

I want to add another question. I've never played a Blazblue game before, but I've played GGXXAC+R before. Which Blazblue games are worth playing?

Most of fighting games have a lot personality and unique expressions. But okay, let's pretend it is true and look for the examples of fighting games with bland on purpose characters

My first pick: Virtua Meme Fighter

The most current one.

Here's some sperg playing through the training mode for over an hour with one of the new characters.

I would be playing it if I had it but apparently it's not getting here until fucking Tuesday. I hear the new characters are fun though.

Gameplay-wise there's some differences between each iteration but you may as well just play the latest one cause it's going to be the most active. Some characters have changed a lot since CT, but none of them have been outright removed from the roster, so you're not really missing anything.

Story-wise CP summarizes the plot of the previous games; I don't know about CF but I think it does have a glossary.

Underrated post

So whats with this meme where you throw meme in the title of things or the whole "meme game" shit? I don't get it

I missed something. The Vita version or something else?

I mean, I wish all fighting games were good. Then we wouldn't have anything to worry about and could all play whatever we wanted.

That roster is fucking weird. I can thing of a better character example for almost every slot.

I'm starting to get a feel for how May's neutral works, but I have no idea of how I should be doing pressure when I get in. What should I be doing with and without summons?

Nah, actual Android/iOS game.

What the fuck. Guess they want that mobiletrash money.

Evens: Learn Anji
Odds: Learn Bakien

It's like you don't even Fightcade.

Exactly, it's dead.

I want to get into the Tekken series. What's the best way to get into the games?

presumably playing them

Should have worded my question better. What Tekken games are worth playing?

As far as I know, Tekken 3 is considered one of the best, so you can emulate that one if you wanted to get into it.

Should I emulate the PS1 or arcade version of Tekken 3? Also, a guide would be nice, as I've never had any luck with setting up emulators besides fightcade.

wow
i didnt think that would actually happen
I kinda liked squigly and eliza too. i really wish they were in a better game

The PS1 version has game modes like Tekken Force and Tekken Ball. Also Gon.

Just, like, download and play.

No seriously, go get PCSXR, and then go to emuparadise to get PSX bioses and Tekken 3. Put bioses in PCSXR BIOS folder, run PCSXR and load Tekken 3. You'll probably have to configure your buttons and such but that's all in menus in PCSXR.

(Checked)
Tekken 3, both Tag Tournaments are really good and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is a combination of the good things 5 brought, but it's not nearly as unbalanced as vanilla 5 or 5.1, in fact it's arguably the most balanced game in the series.

ok guys, I want to make a fighting game since I was a teenager, is like a sort of childhood dream I have.

I love fighting games and even I want to enter college and study software engineering to make my dream (also because software engineering is a good degree).

My dream is to make a really good complex fighting game without casual BS for casual faggots.
My dream is to have the dwarve fortress of fighting games.

So far, I used to think standart kof/sf/gg/melty blood BS will be good enough and great.

But then I started to watch martial art videos and felt in love.

Now I want to even practice boxing and getting into kung fu, planning on entering some martial art schools, even if I'm an adult.

So, the point I want to make is that there's not a single videogame that showcases a realistic fighting game, it's all naruto superpower BS with lolis.

Garbage in few words.

So, I guess I'll study real martial arts and understand how they work, before I even start thinking again how to design my game.

Some people have recently already done what you seem to be planning on doing but I don't remember any names.

Are character reference color palettes the best color palettes?

That's cool and all, but lets see his kung fu help him to dodge a bullet.

any martial art is useless BS if you're into a gun fight, thanks for exposing the obvious.

also kung is useless in real fights, the only non BS martial arts are boxing, mua tai and jujitsu.

summons are part of pressure, mainly riding dolphins to keep things going, but my pressure game is awful so I can't help you much.

Summoning hoop dolphins are mainly for oki and set play combos, you can use them to get confirms pretty well, and p hoop dolphin does well meaty if you summon on knockdown and expect a DP, since you can FD and easily release the dolphin to attack safely, then punish (although you get a better/easier punish with no meaty dolphin I find, but if they don't DP you can follow it up).

You can use balls and hoops for zoning if handled well and played with the vertical and horizontal dash dolphins as required, but perhaps only against inexperienced players against the match up, and it won't net you big damage. Useful to learn of course. Mix up trajectories and timing and you can control a lot of space, even with good players. A lot of opponents are scared of the beach ball, and you can summon it and safely run in as they try to avoid it's bouncing around, low hoops also can stop opponents when they want to run in, and the higher hoops (mainly H, as the K variant is too close to you for any decent anti air) are good for you to throw out if you expect them to come at you from the air, you could confirm off these (yrc) or just interrupt their attack.

Remember that summoning is kind of slow, and yrc is your friend. Don't throw them out without thinking where your opponent is, and remember that the best way to eliminate any hoop dolphin or ball on screen is to hit May.

Oki is the main use of summons, I feel, and on knockdown you can cancel a lot of moves into a summon then act from there before the opponent recovers, otherwise there is YRC. May has good options, and there are good basic may oki videos out there telling you each one. You want to use the dolphin to scare your opponent into blocking so you can throw/ohk/dust, or go low/overhead and then ride the dolphin to a combo, with hopefully another knockdown at the end. Practice 2d to knockdown, then 236p summon, then 6k with confirm to get airborne, and release the dolphin with p and ride it while you are still in the air for basic overhead oki.

Another use of dolphins is maneuverability, and you should remember that you can hop on any airborne dolphin to rapidly fly across the screen to close distance or escape, and you can bounce on beach balls to get unexpected height (and of course to slam the ball down for damage and character bounce).

Hope this helps as I have no idea what level you are at.

negroid, I beg you

Is RWBY and Adventure time really that popular in Japan?

Sambo is derived from jujitsu fucking idiot.

I second this.

If you wanna be fair it's derived from multiple martial arts, subhuman.

I am way out of touch with modern anime. I don't have a clue who any of those are.

Does Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection still have the arcade history mode?

Some of those references go back to 1992 and earlier, friend.

Depends entirely on how many there are.
If it's >75% of a character's palette like in Skullgirls it gets boring and tasteless, part of what makes colours good is what kind of fashion you represent yourself with and if most of them aren't original, it feels like it defeats the point.

Currently I believe there's 4 separate colors each character gets. Color 11 is XBlaze, Color 12 is Guilty Gear, Color 13 is [Insert Reference Here] and Color 14 is another character's palette from Blazblue swapped.

I don't know if there's more in Central Fiction or not.

No. At least the PSP version does not.
Tekken 5 DR on PS3 lacks it as well due to the fact that download games back then were not so large. The store says "550MB minimum save size" so that should be roughly how large the game is.

and there he is

hopefully akuma comes with that SFV balance patch that unfucks the game never ever

somehow that change feels so disappointing and terrible, and indicative of what ono has become

I'm kinda dissapointed.

It probably changes in v-trigger.

Autistic fanbases transcend borders user.

Keep trying capcom, maybe someday you'll actually get me to buy SFV

It's fine when it's only 1 or 2 for a character instead of a character being nothing but references like with Skullgirls and its autism

i can't decide if i want blazblue for any reason beyond curiosity/obligation/autism/ trap waifu
i think a big part of it is that none of the characters are immediately appealing.

i like tech heavy/setup characters who make me excited to go into the lab and discover things.

does blazblue have anyone like that?

Rachel is one of the primary setup characters due to her ability to throw things out and then push things into people's faces with her drive which lets her manipulate the wind which lets her push not only herself, her opponent, but also items on-screen.

If they make Oni his V trigger, the game is redeemed in my book

Fuck Akuma

Now see them shovel more shotoclones and the normalfags gorging on it with glee

is there a place for mods for CVS2? I want to change the stages and music. I'm pretty i've seen music mods but don't know where to find them. don't know about stage mods.

It used to be called russian judo you subhuman. An yes jiu jitsu and judo are different. Muay thai isn't even the real form of thai martial arts, it is the bullshit sports version.

Not even removed censorship, and Garuda, Hugo, and Sodom as playable characters would make me drop my boycott on Capcom.

Akuma is the first character of the season 2 DLC characters, the rest are;
Sean
Sakura
Evil Ryu
Oni
Dan taunts and butt wiggle remove so nobody gets offended

Also Akuma will get an Cyber-Akuma DLC costume that will cost 19.99 (Fight money not applicable) and will only be available for 2 weeks after his launch.

There's some footage of Master Raven being used in the Japanese arcades. Either she came out really late, or no one really gave enough of a shit to show off Tekken 7: FR's newest stuff when she was released. Lee and Miguel aren't out yet.

As of now, Tekken 7: FR is in version D with Master Raven being unlocked. According to a Korean player, Akuma is back to being retarded good, as he joins Steve in the top-tier section with Heihachi, Law, and Dragunov (Originally, Steve and Hwaorang were top tier).

twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey - This is honestly the best resource if you want anything Tekken-related. Avoid the Puddle isn't bad.

I don't get Harada. Some guy is putting more work into keeping Tekken alive than Harada and his faggot buddy Mike Murray.

she and relius look interesting; ty

is there a good place to watch blazblue matchups akin to keeponrock.in/?

the worst part isn't just that it's bad, there have been plenty of bad fighting games, it's the desperation to pretend that it's good or fun or interesting.

Are there any 3D fighting games on PC?

ef-12
doa5 lr awful port
anything you can emulate, i've heard soul calibur 2 netplay runs really well on dolphin

Sodom looks pretty cool at least in the sfv cards

Rachel is very cool, and the wind is fun to use

I don't think it's bad, really, just no lobbies for online. Plus mods.

keeponblaz.in/

there is ALWAYS horibuna if you can deal with nicovideo

horibuna.web.fc2.com

bonus: your jump trajectory changes depending on which down input you use on the ball. this is really good for keeping your opponent guessing when you do ball YRC IAD crossups (which is still gimmicky and reactable…if your opponent is actually good)

without summons: her primary ranged pokes are 5k and f.S, which are both special- and jump-cancellable. summoning without meter or IADing off f.S is risky if they're not respecting you, but you can also do horizontal S dolphin. if they see that coming they can probably blow you up, but if you hit them you can RC into 5D.

2S is also a pretty good special-cancellable poke.

if you get them to block 5H, let that shit rock. it's +7 so it's amazing for frame traps. on counterhit you can confirm into knockdown or even 5D if you're quick enough.

if they block a 2D, the safest thing to do is nothing since it's -1. you can do a horizontal S dolphin to try and catch them mashing.

why horizontal S dolphin? shit's only got 5f startup (in Revelator…SIGN is 7f) so it's actually amazing as abare. it can still get blown up at a distance though, so don't throw it out too often or too far.

mashy Ky or Sol players might feel themselves and try to stun dipper or grand viper under your hoops if you summon them too close/too late. make sure you've got meter for these situations because you can YRC and 5H counter the fuck out of them for some sick damage

I never knew that trick, thanks.

that and this are my favorite SF4 moments, the Daigo vs Poongko match in 2011 was pretty hype too

The game is ruined beyond repair.

Now it's the time they will do a series of desperate attempts to try to bring back those who refuse to buy their new SF. It would probably involve releasing a half assed arcade mode, some shoto clones to expand the roster rapidly and more ESPN-friendly costumes for everyone.

But still, they will get no monies from me.

You've got to be kidding me. A huge roster of unique and interesting characters spanning decades they can choose from and they pick this shit. Fuck this game.

Shit user I knew fgc was black, but I didn't realise it was this gullible

I'm not sure I expected anything different from someone who seriously considers sakura a shoto

I prefer hearing "SG is a dead game", than "SG is anime".
The last one triggers me so much.

Mah nigga.

8 years of development. Twice as much characters.
Why do you even compare? People said the same shit at SF4's release, compared to 3S.

TODs exists anywhere, when you have enough ressources, user.

DELITE THIS

1) It's a Hidden Variable game. Not Lab Zero. Autumn Games and Lab0 only publishes the game.
2) Lab0 is already working on Indivisible.
3) The game's here to let the devs having more money to put on, maybe, a new SG.

Please no.

Wow. I didn't even.

Stay mad, weeb.

There's a lot of stuff not to like about Skullgirls, the least of which is the fact that the game's developed by western devs.

And on some stuff you don't like about SG, there's a lot of stuff you'll never blame on other games.
Even if it's worse.

You might need a micro- or nano-dash depending on your RC timing. RCing charge dolphins is a bit funky - frame-perfect ones carry a small bit of momentum, but usually you'll pop up a small bit before landing or fly back (latter is usually when your RC is very late)

Speaking of frame-perfect things…hoop dolphin ride actually has no recovery on hit or block. This means pressing a button at the moment of impact will kill your momentum. You can press any normal for an overhead, or hit j.2H for a fast landing and do a low. Most people call this a dolphin cancel, people who want to be funny call it an Irukancel. I guess it's not actually frame-perfect since they made the window slightly larger in Revelator, but it's still not the easiest thing in the world. Double tapping helps.

This is especially important in matchups where 6K hit > hop > airdash makes you sail past their head if they're crouching, like in the mirror.

At least they're adding the new win poses made for the mobile version in the regular game. And fucking finally the lobbies will be put on the console version.

Why?
Do you need to watch a movie(muh cinematic story mode), cartoon or read a book/comic book to get that?
I think only Blazblue did it right with its story presentation (at least on the first games before CP) and Skullgirls to a lesser extend (it's pretty linear and some scenarios have random battles without any context)

In other news, for some reason, the chinese version of KOFXIV has Iori with his classic costume on the OST.

I don't want to fill this chat with a rant on Skullgirls.

Could be an indicator of things to come.

You had one job SNK. One job.

Classic Maxima when

Don't worry user, I'm sure there will be a percentage of people here that will look back and remember SF5 as "good times" when SF6 is out

How could they make SF6 any worse than SF5? Doing a full F2P model and bring back SFxT's gem system?

That doesn't mean Lab0 isn't using it for easy cash, Mike.

And paying for the gems.

It could get much worse, user.

Fix'd.

Have you ever played against Zappa in AC+R? There's a reason not many people want to see him return.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Stage KO is 9/11.

Reminder that Capcom made this jackass the main character of SFV thinking that would net them the mudslime market.
Maybe the German government will start handing out copies of SFV at the border alongside the complementary 10 year old boy.

But people tend to like b&w so those should actually be extra expensive.

Should also be the other way around. The sponsored costumes are default. You'll have to pay if you don't want to look like a walking advertisement.

And don't forget
>Snoop Dogg Lupe Fiasco stage

Now make every single bit of DLC have limited time availability including the characters and make there only me one BGM track with the rest being DLC.

Also make it so their is a subscription service for all platforms, consoles have to pay for it on top of XBLA and PS+.

This can't be real. Releasing an arab character on 9/11 can be a coincidence but first showing off a stage where an arab character is fighting on top of an arab owned plane piloting around skyscrapers is pretty fucking blatant. Am I missing some kind of cultural thing in dubai?

Is it somewhere in dubai where the stage is taking place? I'm looking it up and still can't really tell.

No, the PSP version has a lot of meat when it comes to modes, it has Tekken Bowl and Tekken Dojo, along with normal Arcade (Ghost Battle) and Story mode and other classic modes such as Team Battle. Tekken Dojo is basically Arcade mode only difference being that you have to conquer dojos which get progressively harder. It's kind of like Quest Mode in VF4: Evolution, but much more primitive.
The PS3 version has less much modes because it was geared primarily for multiplayer, but I've never played the PS3 version, only the arcade and PSP version.

Honestly I don't even know what he meant by "jujitsu" it might be either Jiu Jitsu or Jujutsu.
Yes, there is a difference.

Knowing Capcom, this could happen. What's the best current gen fighter nowadays anyway?

The King of Fighters XIV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (soon to be replaced by Tekken 7)
Guilty Gear Xrd
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (dodgy PC port however)
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
C'mon SEGA and AM2, you're doing Daytona 3, why not VF 6?

KoF XIV's online community is holding up surprisingly well for something that isn't SF and MK and SNK really handling the patches/balancing really well. I hope the PC community ends up just as active or better yet they patch in cross system play when it gets ported.

Hell I'd be just happy if VF2 HD or VF5:FS got ported to the PC. Just fucking do something with the series beside pumping out figures and merchandise.

the only reason I made mention of them was because Juri was the only reason I got SFV, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

This would be on our for SF5, no worse which is what I was shooting for.
All of this shit though, is the stuff of nightmares in a SF game.

Too bad Juri who was made to be one of the most dishonest characters in SF was put into a wheelchair in no tricks or fun allowed 5

MFW they'd let Maximilian voice ken

I've hit my NIGGER DAGGER!

I might just mod that to be kens V trigger sound for a laugh

Should make it his win quote when he wins a round.

i used to play i-no

well i bought it, gonna give it a go tonight. ty for the advice
i took a break from fightan for a few months, so it's nice to finally have a reason to get back into it

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. I actually don't hate how she plays in SF5, granted there are some things I wish she got back like her parry or her neutral j.HK; but I really don't see how she's "gimped" like everyone says.

My current level of interest in SFV is less than none, if it could be measured it would literally be in the negative numbers. My brother's been bothering me about what I would want for Christmas and all I told him was to not buy me SFV because I wouldn't play it. But if they announced Makoto was coming back I would immediately go out and get a copy. Yes, it's pathetic, but it's true.

Her V trigger can't hold a candle to her FSE which was beyond godly in setplay and mix up potential without even getting into the frame data it gave her allowing for 350 - 400 damage from overheads that were apart of a previous combo or as parts of true blockstring, she was very dishonest pretty much being average then suddenly gaining the ability to potentially do 1000 hp in 2-3 mix ups that would be like a 50/50 after a 50/50, easily the best install in any fighting game easily outclassing any of the V triggers in V making it sad her V trigger is so lack luster youtu.be/-1rF_Ul7qC4?t=135 all it takes is them failing a single block string for it to be game from full health, also look up the set play she can do there's one where she does HP to launch, MP's them so they air recover, Releases a stock and then FADC's within an instant appear on either side of the opponent who's in blockstun because they land from air recovering on the fireball and now they have to guess from either side? high or low? within half a second and failing piles them 350-400 damage like before

Her utility, mind games and damage are killed by the new way she stores, before she'd still even without the store have 3 good specials on her for confirms / carry, anti projectile from 80% of the screen away and the store which while being -4 pushed them so far back it would never be punished, and the fireball itself could be 3 different kinds, one that anti projectiles, one that frame trapped and one that anti aired, but your opponent would never know which you'd have or even if you lost it, but in 5 they know you have the fireball (which now instead of being a frame trap is more like a make this safe card) and the stores now work instead of making her combos and confirms better they make them ok.

With stores before she'd be able to make damage that was ok for a light into medium pinwheel or medium / heavy into heavy pinwheel, but with a single store it added the projectile and another normal before the pinwheel to the damage making the damage above average for a simple BnB and again that store acted well as a frame trap if they block it. But in SF5 she needs at least 2 stores preferably the medium and heavy stores in a combo to maybe on a good day match a combo Ryu can do on an average confirm

Then you compare were basic old tools to the new one, her AA went from a super high hitbox low profile hurt box that could AA almost any air to ground with miles to spare to an iffy reversal that requires meter or a iffy kick in a game where others just poke you out, her 80% screen anti projectile is now tied to her V trigger which has a charge time, again in a game where a lot of characters suddenly got more access to good anti projectiles like Zangief they choose now's the time to remove their good anti projectile in favor of a weaker new on tied to the V skill, a fireball that used to start as a combo ending store that could be unknowingly to them a AA, a frame trap or a anti projectile, now is a must have to make anything to decent damage with a less pushy store and all around less cancel able normal's since before all of them canceled into everything besides the overhead outside of FSE

Before she was a underutilized high pressure, high confirm heavy, low respect cannon that could in the same sting reset and frame trap you to death before you had time to see what happened, now she's just a wheel chaired character who's tied to a handicapping store mechanic who also got weaker versions of her previous tools while others seemingly between iterations got better ones for the same purposes, all SF5 juri has to her name are some low level scum specials that will catch those who can't block high for a special that takes 12 years to start up or the worlds most telegraphed cross up in the form of her V trigger attack that anyone worth their salt will block and fully punish but for those picking her up justly may see her as super good since other new players can't block her.

SF5 hates dishonest play and fireball game so much that a character based around both heavily is bound to have their legs broken by capcom though.

I'd say KoF XIV and GGXrd but both still have a lot of room for improvement. I imagine the eventual KoF XV will be a leap in quality like XII to XIII and Xrd, well, I'm still fannyflustered about MUH MAINS (haven't played the game but read a lot of criticisms about things like Danger Time and how the game seems to be shallower than AC+).

I'll admit that had Juri and Urien been on the vanilla release, I probably would have fallen hook, line and sinker.
As is, they screwed the pooch into a bloody pulp so I'll pass. Kept telling myself to wait that it would get better but it didn't while KoF XIV seemed exponentially better with every update.

What do you mean you don't want your character to randomly shout a meme during a special? :^)

I can't read apparently, I'm here calling people niggers and I couldn't even see there wasn't an i in the first syllable.

It's not as bad as it could be but come on

You have to beat Daigo in your game of choice (assuming it's a game among those he was competitive at). How would you do it, lads?

On a side note, has SFV stopped being atrociously boring to watch? I gave up watching it after the first few tournaments were boring as fuck but SFIV was incredible boring until about 12 months since it was released in Japan (it only became fun to watch around the 2nd Japanese nationals) so I'm wondering if it has improved.

Bumping with good fighting game music.

xrd has probably been handled the best in terms of not fucking over the community, but it'll probably always be the sf4 to plus r's 3rd strike in the eyes of the purists.

baiken soon brother!
aba never ever though ;_;

at least people will play it for a few days when yakuza comes out

I would pay good money for VF2 PC port with online play and sidestep added in.

my connection is being shit now.
i cant even cheat with a lagging lunge punches with Jean and enjoy it
having no fiber connection in my area is pretty shit too

that art looks really good. Anyone have the full pics?

Okay, first; Im going to assume through context that about half-way through you mean her V-Skill instead of V-trigger. Second; she's still doing comparable damage outside of FSE in some cases, 522 at the high end which is just 20-40 points off from what Ryu is doing in the same game, and she still has the ability to use whats left of her V-trigger afterwards.

What it looks like to me from reading this is that you've seen her tools at a basic level and decided they were trash because they arent what you remember. st. HP is her go-to AA now, cr. MP works on an empty jump but really isnt useful as an AA, however they've given her two 3 frame light normals, st.LP and cr.LK, st.LP can be used to AA most jump-ins for a reset and dash-under mix-up similar to Chuns st.LK. St.MK and cr.MK are still excellent pokes and cr.MK can be confirmed into HK release for potentially 300-400 damage with or without super. St.HK is her farthest reaching normal which can be converted off of a CC to the above mentioned 500+ damage combo and it does solid damage by itself as a poke (90 dmg if Im not mistaken). Cr.HP can still AA, though its much more difficult because of the moves start-up, which is why I feel like its better used as a meaty to fish for that CC into another 400+ damage combo.

Now, something I feel strongly on, since you seem to be displeased with her V-skill. All of her buttons except HK can be canceled to her V-skill which can be used for the cross-up gimmick as you mentioned, but since you can dash forward or back out of the V-skill it can be used to either backdash and make the move relatively safe unless fighting 'Sim or Chun or any character who can poke you at half screen; or you can dash-up and grab/jab to catch their walk forward. This may not sound all that impressive, but in a game where throws are so good, this is a legit mix-up.

See, when I see people whine about her V-skill being trash, its always the same thing; they try to hit people with the same normal-to-Vskill-cancel gimmick and they dont explore it further. As a tool, her V-skill is great. One button to get out of the corner? One button to nullify 'Sim and Nash's teleport and Bipson's Devils Reverse? One button to nullify a fireball or whiff-punish med or heavy normal for a knockdown and meaty set-up? When I see people bash Juri's V-skill I just have to shake my head.

Now, MK and HK release, yeah they are only used in a combo to pad damage or V-trigger cancel. However you're under-selling her fireball. Yes its slow, but using it for pressure is paramount to her game in SFV, because thats where I feel her strength is, unrelenting pressure. Too much, all at once. Much like it was in SFIV.

Im not saying she's in the running for top-tier or anything, but I think too many people are counting her out without investigating further because "she doesnt have X anymore" or "X isnt as good as before" instead of working with what they're given. Are there things from her game in SFIV that I wish she had back? Of course, her parry and her neutral j.HK are huge pieces I feel like they missed. But am I going to sit here and say the character is bad because she's missing a thing I liked from a different game? No, Im going to work with what changes they've made and try my hardest to make my waifu look top-tier, dammit.

My actual nigga. I feel the exact same way.

Thanks, that's actually really helpful. I'm getting better at doing oki, but the corner sometimes messes up my hoops. If you don't mind me asking some more questions, how do I figure out what strings are frametraps from looking at just the frame data? Also how do you deal with Johnny? I feel like I can't do much if I enter even the tip of MF range

I think the main thing wrong is that she feels like a different character. When people move from one game to another they expect that their character should be able to use the same methods as before to achieve victory, sorta like sticking to the road they know rather than wanting to drive onto the new one that was laid out for them; it could be rockier for them even as good drivers.

you'll want to always use K hoop in the corner. P ends up going behind them far too often. you can use K midscreen, but it's a little more execution-heavy and I suggest you get the basics down first.

things that are positive on block are almost always free frametraps. things that are even can usually be used to frametrap depending on spacing. a very common one you'll use as may is 2P > 5H

against johnny, you may have to rely on 6P's upper-body invuln and the ever-risky 3K to get in.

Johnny is someone I struggle with, but the recovery on his moves is high, so if you block well you can punish. I don't think johnny has many mixup options (or maybe it's just the ones I play) so you should learn to block everything he throws at you without extreme amounts of hassle.

He is slow moving so zoning works well on him.

I try to bait out his pokes and dolphin in, and it's a good idea to bait out his coin, too. Johnny has no dp so go to town on him with oki. Don't recklessly charge at him because you will get destroyed.

Still boring but Urien can be entertaining. If capcom stop the pro tour it will die incredibly fast.

She's gotta keep that Matsuda line PURE.

I hope they do one vague Rashid = 9/11 thing every year. I don't know how they can top a plane stage over a city. Unless next year he gets a ground zero stage or a costume where he's covered in dynamite.

Personally though, I love that he's a classic shonen hero in the game.

damage counting like that is with a super (everyone hits around 500+ like that) and not a bnb which is a good bit weaker and again all your damage is under the assumption she has 2-3 stocks or V trigger, not just something she can get like in 4

Juri's LP can only AA if they've messed up and st.HP is miles weaker then her old cr.MP especially when comparing it to other characters in both their games

yeah in the corner and only, not after a normal > V trigger
That goes back to what I said, her tools only work if they've not seen it

It's slower with worse frame data hands down her old one in any situation is easily better be it for meaties or string ends.

Because objectively what she has isn't as good
Weaker fireball
Weaker out of store combos
Weaker AA
Weaker set play
Weaker pressure
Weaker air normals
weaker fireball punish
Lost effective specials and lost them for wheel chair storing and the one trick pony V skill
What she got that's better is a 1f faster jab and air grab.
And being a character around pressure isn't much in SF5 where almost 2/3's of the cast do pressure and most of them do it without being in a wheelchair

Also both them are considered top tier, coincidence?

Probably. From the same leaker that gave us descriptions of the characters, confirmed Alice, "demon boy" and other stuff about the story, comes the info about Iori costume.

It'll be available for the first few months in the chinese Premium edition that'll be released. After that it'll be up on the Playstation Store worldwide like Nightmare Geese.

Bonus best Virtua girl.

If I were one for conspiracy theories and believe Capcom has some sort of socio-political motivation behind the character (besides the obvious demographic pandering), I'd say they're doing this shit on purpose to bait people into saying something so they can call them out on it and virtue signal how progressive they are. Rashid's entire characterization seems to be Capcom trying to let everyone know that they'd never think middle-easterners are backwards savages that declared war on all known civilization and their only possible interaction with a explosive device is of the defusing kind.
Meanwhile, SNK added a (possibly) Moroccan character to KoF - Kukri - and he's a complete cunt.

Polite sage.

He's not a cunt. He just has sand in his crack.

Fix'd

I don't get it.

Change Virtua fighter to this. Also SF should be change to the "But it's just a BEEEETTTAAA!" guy

Because the only people that play are mexicans? I think?

it'll happen when you least expect it.

I REALLY want to eat Angel's robo tits and ass.

What is the name of the anime with the ninja girl in the pic #1, bottom right?

She's a bonafide human, user. Not even a test tube baby, as far I was aware.

Yes, the fireball doesn't have an upward or normal fireball arc, but it still has just about the same potential for pressure and set play. For example after a HK release or a Store knockdown, you can throw the fireball to make it meaty on quick rise and can even lead to an ambiguous cross up set-up if they back rise. And if they delay wake-up, the fireball can be used to keep pressure after the knockdown and even be used in conjunction with her V-skill to set up a near unblockable for some quick V gauge and subsequent meaty set-up. Do I wish she had the fireball game she had in SFIV? Of course. But is she "in a wheelchair" because she doesn't have it? No, not in my opinion; I would say the same for her dive-kick as well.
I can agree there, she pretty much needs meter to get any kind of decent combo without stores built up. However, resource management has always been a huge part of Juri from a gameplay standpoint, it's simply more important in SF5 than before.
I can agree to this as well. But imo that's been compensated for by giving her a really good forward dash. And taking into account that her V-skill can be used as a sort of "poor man's FADC" after a st.HP AA for an ambiguous cross-under; I don't see this being something that "ruins" the character.
I'd say it's roughly the same. Idk about you, but I have a set-up for every special move knockdown that will either, lead to another knockdown and set-up, or a throw and knockdown. Now, I'm far, far from a great player and if I can figure out and utilize these things in both online and offline settings; I have to wonder if it's disinformation or an actual unwillingness to explore what the character could do. Tl;dr just because you haven't found it yet does not mean it's not there.
Sure, her corner game isn't as strong, but as I explained above, her fireball can be used to keep pressure after a knockdown. Couple that with a V-trigger that's basically geared for pressure and I really don't see what you're getting at with this one outside of the corner.
Bullshit. Though I'd personally like to see her neutral j.HK come back, her air normals are just as good if not better. She has a j.LK that has a hitbox similar to Ryu's and can easily stuff late AA attempts and even cross-up. J.MP > HK and her air throw give her a sort of air dominance that she really couldn't accomplish in SFIV because of how unsafe her dive-kick was. This is only amplified by her V-trigger, giving her marvel-style air combos that could lead to a fair amount of damage.
I can see that since she can't dive-kick from 3/4 screen and land an Ultra for almost 1/3 of their life. But saying her fireball punish is "weak" when her V-skill gives almost one bar of V-gauge when it's charged and can lead to a meaty set-up on quick and back recovery, feels like underselling it to say the least.
It's like you're surprised when people start blocking your V-skill after they get hit with it two or three times. And if you're a Juri player complaining about storing fireballs or any form of resource management, maybe you need to find a different character.

I understand that, but I must've been the only one expecting her to change heavily because I didn't find transitioning over very difficult.

New stage preview. I used to say that Capcom's remaining saving grace was its artists and composers. Well, not anymore.

Eh.
In all seriousness, it did surprise how much trash he talks for someone who looks the silent type and is arguably one of the new posterboys.

FUCK YOU MAKE IT LONGER
Keyword of the day is weaker like how I described all her stuff right at the end, weaker doesn't mean worthless but it's a huge disappointment for people like me who enjoyed her previous style that greatly benefited from these

No it was trading a single normal (2 on a stun confirm combo, 3 on the previous but only on Hugo because fuck Hugo) for a stronger then average fireball but you'd almost instantly get your normal back since you stored it for the push back into fireball trap / AA (again both at once on Hugo because Hugo is a potato)
only long term resource she needed to manage is always having a on hand gauge for an EX fireball, if you're worrying about resource management while playing her you're not playing as aggro as required since standing and storing more then one ever at a time is a big push.

again that's a one time then they'd know and they punish it everytime trick, they'd still clearly see while in the air her distinct start up, they should never be considered as a go to option unless you're so far ahead you can risk a third of your health.

It's not just having a set up it's having a set up with multiple options to work them out in, nothing she has or can find in SF5 will be close to the set ups that came from placing them in spots where you can safely find yourself on either side hitting high or low while they're stunned from landing on a fireball in such a sort span.

It's still weaker by miles, it can exist but not even close to the same level and offers more ways to escape, V trigger is a limited resource not something you'll always have the privilege to have on hand at all times, and again her V trigger pressure can't hold a candle to her original FSE pressure which works the same but offered true disgusting and dishonest damage and pressure.

==IT'S 2016== you've had since super to learn this was never a good air to ground
She had an unchangeable Air to ground and a high priority and heavy set play starting j.mp which also pushes her hurt box back for miles while being a good distance ahead, leads to so many methods of following up, corner carry second J.mp then a LK pinwheel to carry 50%, when you land just do cr.HP and pin wheel for a high damage output.
Also never forget SJ.HK the bane of every command character and combine with her EX counter could become a safe ambiguous for them daring to punish, only thing she to compare in 5 is the air throw.

First ew.
Back to weaker, get a large chunk of meter + carry or hard knockdown from them daring to throw a fireball, also at poke range you could even low profile fireballs with cr.MK (this normal can even low profile certain reversals killing MU's to be miles in her favor)

I'd be surprised if it hit once getting blocked by all means to again anyone who is worth their salt should be simple.

CONTINUED

Juri was never about being a resource management as a main point, she has about disrespectful and true dishonest pressure while keeping them trapped having them having been now forced make a move to get not, not you stopping (Like how AIAI the only Juri main to make it to top at evo taking Daigo down before he got there was and what killed him was panicing in a bad MU for him due to lack of experience and trying to be a zoner which he clearly couldn't do) and the store + fireball has part of making the opponent panic over what she had, with her gameplan like before you only needed to manage having the meter which at a distance you could heavily speed up by storing into storing (ending on LK if you want a combo or MK if you want to get in on foot), she had anti zoning and a tool box made around being very difficult for others to get out her pressure once she gets you in the corner by making you have to respect her pressure while she disrespects all your actions and goes overhead or store > LKfireball trap > frame trap all day and all of this came from having a store and a fireball only, not 2 different specials tied to store needed to get good damage and only get fireball pressure on a knockdown.

Going by not knowing how disastrous her air normals were in potential and application for other characters, how dirty her LK fireball were, brought up dive kick unironically as a air to ground and considered ever using ultra 2 I think it's because you didn't fully learn her application and tools but with 5 being newer and showing off more fresh stuff for characters (most Juri tech was made in super era bar added application in ultra coming from mega buffed normals and godly FSE frame data making more added mix ups possible but past that she never really changed majorly for new tech to come of it meaning a large gap where AE was it's barren and no one remade tech vids for ultra) you're getting a fresher start with 5 with more fresh tech popping up for you to find and learn as it comes out.

Any tool she had in 4 was weakened or has a weaker equivalent in 5 to the point it's a different character that might as well be made for a different style of player, she's slower needing to have to take the time to grasp these stores nor for added pressure or for making them guess (they wouldn't have too with it clearly showing them what the store was) but to get her needed damage and for a game handing installs like candy her losing the best install in almost any fighting games is one of the biggest upsets.

Juri discussion > rest of this threads discussion step it up

Fighting girls porn is best porn
Prove me wrong

Just gonna go ahead and say I agree that she is weaker in SF5 compared to SFIV. I think we're just trying to say two different things. What Im trying to get across is that I dont believe SF5 Juri is nearly as bad as some make it seem. However there are a couple things I'd like to clarify.

Thats what makes it a mix-up. forward dash > LP/grab, or V-skill dash to cross under, or backdash to store, or simply go through with the V-skill. Depending on what they do to stop your V-skill, you variate which you do. Very rarely do i go through with the V-skill because, as you said, its pretty much suicide against anyone worth playing. However if you condition them to react to her V-skill a certain way, you can make it hit and get a nice fat chunk of V-bar and a cr.HP CC set-up. Mindgames are strong in SF5, and using her V-skill to scare a reaction out of them works more often than people give it credit for.
Thats what i was getting at, and also what I meant when I said to use U2 to follow-up. Use Ultra Double on characters that have a punishable fireball like a shoto just to have the option in a pinch. Never NEVER would I go solo U2, and frankly im a little upset that you'd even think I'd do that and that I'd activate FSE as a dive-kick follow up. That hurts.

Believe me, I didnt. I believe I mentioned it being one of the things I missed most coming to SF5. That, and her parry. I really think her V-skill should've changed to her parry when she is in V-trigger.

Im not going to lie, SF4 was not my favorite. So it would be untruthful to sit here and say that I did learn her tools and how to apply them, as much as it pains me to say it; I didnt. There was so much in SF4 I didnt like and really having my waifu in it didnt help. Sort of the same issue Im having with SF5, if Im honest. I do appreciate the sharing of tech though.

Back to the discussion, though. I understand being upset with her changes, and being upset is the right way to feel about it, but as I said before; we're trying to say two different things. Im saying SF5 Juri isnt as bad as people claim, and you're saying she's weaker in 5 than 4, which I agree. however nothing holds a candle to her SFxT iteration, playing high tier never felt so good

I want to fuck a sweaty, unwashed, awkward Makoto.

The second round theme is alright.
It seems like they lost the vanilla composer before the Halloween stage came out.

MAGA

Congrats. Inauguration WW@?

But Clinton didn't win

What are some fighting games that let me play as a president?

Fuck ramlethal.

All rise for the national anthem.

(Eurofag here and I'm still super hyped for this. I love you, you burgerfucks!)

x tekken was Juri taken too far, I loved it

wew

Wait what?

The image I posted was their screenshot of the day. Note the colors of Maxima

Autumn is using it for easy cash. Lab0 will have only a fraction of that cash.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore.

wew

MikeZ looks like Anthony Burch. Too bad it's
impossible to make Skullgirls great with him involved.

Mike, pls. We get it, you made a game tailored to the last little bit of faggots who still play. But think of what could have been before you decided the art needed to "grow up".

made a TF2 set based on vega from SF

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=796125339

and you're making a ton of other sets, i know

do i know you

hotrod is that you

Should I learn Gallon or Lord Raptor?

You know, I still have a hard time getting all that "you need to grow up" statement on char design, when things like BB exists.
I mean, yeah, you can't dislike it. But it's your own taste, not a general one. Not the "deviantArt" or "tumblr" maymay people likes to bring.
Same thing on game design. Like, you can eat loops, strong oki games and weird balance, but not a reset-focused meta? Even if any characters can beat anyone or match with any teams?

Seriously, that's not an ebin troll or what. SG is far from being perfect, but c'mon…

t. Not Michael Zaimont.

no

shit

tf2 is ded gaem
sf is gay
sg promo leviathan never ever

Gallon can't turn people into basketballs.

I'd suggest you Zabel or Jon Talbain, instead.

Soul Calibur 6 since if it was good, that would mean there's a new Soul Calibur.

I never played anything beyond Accent Core or whatever and my reason was because loli before I discovered I was good with her but eventually moved on to Chipp and Jam.

Has Rachel always had such a large forehead?

NEW THREAD