Fangames

what are some pretty good fangames?

Sonic ATS/BTS/Chrono Adventure.
2hu has a bunch. 2huvania is pretty solid.

operation loli hop

Mega Man Unlimited
Mega Man Rock Force
Rockman7FC
Rockman8FC
Street Fighter X Mega Man v2
megaman x corrupted looks like its going to be amazing if it's ever finished

requesting the pic with all the c&d'd/dmca'd fangames compiled together

I have my doubts
The creator changed the level design multiple times and the last stream he did where he was showing the game had some bad framerate drops I heard

Undertale Yellow.

I don't think I'll invest in such silliness, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say you're not retarded.

Did someone say fan games?

SRB2 best.

Go away ninjewdo

that makes it kind of hard to see

Press F to pay respects

Holy shit, did someone actually end up making this?
This is the one idea the Undertale General talked about that I actually thought would be alright.
I gotta check this out now.

What's the concept behind it
Also
sounds lewd

Does SMBX count?

Get the fuck out of here Jewtendo!

Sure they can take down fan games, but why should they?

Don't humor that bait with a question. It won't end well

At this point it really does feel like jealousy, even though corporations are often stupid, unfeeling things incapable of that kind of decision making.

It's a better Mario level editor before Super Mario Maker was even a thing, that's for sure. It's still getting unofficial updates despite Redigit abandoning it under the guise of a C&D order.

I read someone's take on it somewhere that was pretty good. I can't remember it clearly so I'll paraphrase.

When it comes to certain companies the copyright for a series is like a toy in their toy box. It can be a toy that they neglected for a time, but when another kid comes over and decides to play with it they suddenly get possessive over it.
That kid could be showing care with it and there can be no real danger at all to the toy, but the company will whine and throw a tantrum anyway. Then afterwards he'll put it in the toybox to collect dust again.
Even worse if it's a toy he's currently been playing with.

Fuck your games, yahoos!

There are almost no good pokemon fangames, but the two that do look really good (Phoenix rising and Sage (pic related)) look amazing

Neither are out yet though, but sage has a demo.

(Worth noting I used to work on sage so I might be a bit biased, but the reason I started worked on it was because I was impressed by it)

I'm really not a fan of their designs, but their UI's and menus are gorgeous

Yikes.

I honestly would not give a single shit and neither should anyone else. I don't care if 12 year olds understand fair use or not, there is absolutely no reason in existence why creating your own entirely self-made work using characters or plot from someone else's work should ever be considered "illegal".

What was the name of that 3D open ended Sonic game that was posted here a few weeks ago?
Looked pretty good but forgot to download it.

One of the best alongside the Touhouvania games.

That comes down to them needing to enforce their copyright or trademark in order for it to remain valid.

Pokemon uranium

Sonic Utopia

Soundtrack is good, would check it out when it releases

I don't get why fangame retards can't just take the fucking assets and make them different. Obviously they're using the name "pokemon" for fucking recognition.

Please explain.

Also, OFF Fangame. Kill me now.

Perhaps because they like pokemon, and, surprise, they want it to be a pokemon fangame?

Not everything is a desperate plea for attention or jewery user.

I wanted to try it but the only places I found with direct links seemed sketchy as hell.

SlopesRB2 is something I still need to try.

Prism is looking pretty gud

I almost feel hope again at this transparency.

Romhacks > fangames

anyways

that one Castlevania MUGEN game was pretty rad

Uhn, smart name for a morning-after pill.

i want to know this as well

Ones on Moriya work perfect.

Why is Bulma's eye on the side of her head?

because reasons

What constitutes a fangame over a romhack? That it uses a different engine?

does this mean the thousands of fanmade Doom levels are romhacks

basically

Brutal Mario/Super Kitiku World pretty much pars with a typical DooM .wad thanks to RNG editing in Lunar Magic

Good taste. The game recently added Grant as a character.

I wouldn't say that, exactly. A romhack constitutes changing the data in a rom image of a game. Doom mapping is pointing the engine to a new file, usually along with the complete original game file. Also, most people these days use a sourceport instead of the original engine, anyway.