PS4 Pro Gaymer Enhancements

So the devs for Horizon Zero Dawn recently revealed their PS4 Pro enhancements for their game.

So in short supersampling, higher res shadow maps, better antisotropic filtering, potentially better LOD models and HDR. Nothing abou improved FPS so we can expect PS4 Pro games to look slightly better but essentially remain sub 30FPS for most games. They expect the players to fork out for this? Will the PS4 Pro fail?

gematsu.com/2016/11/horizon-zero-dawn-details-ps4-pro-enhancements
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/01/how-ps4-pro-enhances-horizon-zero-dawn/

Console devs belong in a fucking oven.

The PS4 makes it very hard to give a shit about video games.

True enough, but the same could be said of all console manufacturers these days.

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't give that choice. Like, they could give us 3 options:
-what it's now, graphics, supersampling, still the shit framerates
-locked 30 FPS with some improvements
-locked 60 (or unlocked) with the default settings

No, the others are getting the attention that they deserve.
The PS4 is going to have the best games of the three because devs are going to flock to the install-base made of retards that bought the console before anything actually good comes out. However, the games are significantly shittier than the previous gen overall and the companies get Jewier. It is a downward spiral like the welfare state that encourages poverty, creates dependency, and buys votes for Democrats.

getting the game to run at 60 requires some technical skill. hiking up the render resolution but leaving everything the same is about as hard as having a PC game support multiple resolutions.

I own every console released since master system and I don't fucking get ANY reason to buy the ones from this gen

Take it easy, Holla Forums

Nah. If the Switch takes the Japanese handheld audience (and it looks like it will, since it's a successor to the 3DS and Sony won't be launching another handheld) it'll get by far the best library of the three.

So stop making console threads.

I would like to get these games except for one thing. I ONLY HAVE FUCKING 500GB! And I have heard that you cant play games on and external hard drive but I [email protected]/* */ want to lose my saves in games as well as my digital games. Is there any way of transferring them safely onto a 1TB hard drive?

lol poorfag

I didn't really think I would be playing many video games at the time so I bought a 500gb hard drive. Is that ok lad? Also if you could answer my question that would be great

Digital Foundry put up the first part of their look and they don't seem super enthusiastic about it.

The one sentence that stuck out was that "The Ship has sailed" on expecting games at 1080P to run at 60FPS and they expect 1080P mode just to have added graphical effects or supersampling instead at 30FPS.

Going to be amusing anyway. Sony fanboys are already mad as hell and the FPS tests aren't even out yet.

Goddamn, I fucking hated those halfchan console wars.

People are laughing about no shadows on NEXTEST GEN console.

backup to external HD > swap internal HD for a bigger one > restore backup

I hope they both fail, maybe then they'll see how much of a fucking stupid idea it was.
Then again they've spent the last 15 years conditioning the goodest of goyim who are incapable of any kind of critical thinking and will go out and by anything because [company] tells them to.

Don't be expecting to store all that much more on a 1TB drive, nigger. Get a 2TB one, the way the PS4 handles software updates means that you're going to be deleting games eventually either way.

I own a ps4, and im happy-ish about it, but I've yet to see a single reason I would want to upgrade to the "pro"

Who is this new console aimed at?

People with a 4K TV.

Which is still retarded mind you because there's no way with the Pros specs its going to be pushing 4k at 60fps. Maybe 30fps at absolute best but even on the PS4 original I saw many games, namely GTA V, easily dip down to as low as 24 FPS in certain areas with reflections it didn't like. And that runs at the lower spec of the PC versions settings

From what ive seen they dont even mention performance when talking about the pro, its all just talk about how great it will look. Maybe they want to tap into the "people who buy paintings" audience.

Actually there is already a PS4 game rendering at 2160p60.
But they are aiming at 2160p30 with checkerboard rendering.

They have been on the verge of having ONE GAME for over a year now and they still can't make it work properly

sonyggers should be gassed

It's going to be "The human eye can't see the difference between 720P/900P and 1080P" again in 2013 again except with 1440P/1600P/1800P and 2160P along with "uprendering","checkerboarding", "Temporal Injection" and the other buzzwords they made for their upscaling methods.

As for 1080P 30FPS on 1080P TV's. Sony's riding on Supersampling, which is real but the games will still be 30FPS