A small FPS combining vampires and cyberpunk

Hey Holla Forums
I want to create a game based on that on a cyberpunk vampire setting. My plan is to bring back the actual horrors of old vampires while combining them with a 28th dangerous society background where humans are the weak backbones of a society.
So eh, any ideas, tips, or maybe something people will like to see in the game?

I'm not a shill or anything, this is an RPG I just really want to put time in and I feel like I need some pointing to the right direction.

I'd like to see VTMB without the atrocious combat.

you are just asking to play as a nigger fluid muslim transsexual, arent you?

Why stop at just cringy when you can be completely and utterly embarrassing?

You can check out Bloodnet. Old ass game from the DOS era that's essentially what you're describing but it's an adventure game.

You can also go read a bit on GURPS and even World of Darkness. GURPS has a lot of cyberpunk content in some of their books while WoD also has a few books detailing content for the future and how kindred deal with the new technologies that can expose them.

If you're gonna make it an action FPS\RPG, have it be somewhat sandbox at least. Very few vampire games have a clock ticking for sunrise that makes you worry about how long you're spending around or finding a nice haven to keep you safe while you sleep, while also trying to keep it a secret.
Make it part of the gameplay: missions inside buildings and the like don't pass the time but walking around the city and bars does. The sun comes, you either travel by the sewers or you die.
You'd also have to find a safe haven, maybe rent them. The more safer and equipped, the more expensive they are, though they may not be the safest. Atracting attention to you, being followed by hunters, tracked down or betrayed by someone you showed the haven too means hunters will eventually come knocking during the day, forcing you to get a new haven.

Society should know about vamps by then and keep them in check. Heat detectors or heart beat sensors in every entrance to see if who came inside is living or not. Most vampires should be treated like scum and monsters that nobody likes to go near except for the ones that actually work for society in law enforcement or any similar field. The few that rose to millionaire levels are despised by their lower kindred and feared by most humans as well.

I'd play a Raildex FPS

The combat is bad but its better than most RPGs at the time. All you gotta do is put a lot in Firearms and run around slaughtering people with a Steyr

In terms of gameplay, the player should be able to play as either human or vampire and partner with others as well.
If you make vamps turn freaks when they get really thirsty, that makes for some interesting party dynamics. Check Vampire the Masquerade Redemption for something similar.

You can make a story about several factions from humans and vampires, each trying to anhiliate the other side but by different means. Some humans want to just murder them all, others want to enslave vamps for their strength.
Some vamps want to stick humans in cages for feed, other vamps are happy with just being the government.
Your role will be to side with a faction and accomplish missions that help further that agenda, maybe even only learning what their real plans are as you work for them.

On the side, there really should be side quests that explore the city and tell shorter stories on their own, like a club owner refusing entrance to bloodsuckers and you're hired by either a vamp that wants you to convince him otherwise or the owner himself who wants those punks to stop hanging outside every night.

If you want to include some amount of base building, have the player buy some place (the more expensive, the bigger and better) where he can stash weapons, armor and any other stuff as well as hire people. Some will be party menbers that will travel with you, others will be crafters, hackers and medics for support from the base.
Having vamps in your base requires coffins to be installed and a ready supply of blood for them while humans just need a cot and some money spent on food every day.

To pay for the expenses, you'd take jobs and runs that are simple bounties (track X person and murder him, get Y object from building Z and bring it to me) or runs into a company that involve entering an higly secure location and interacting with a machine for sabotage, a PC to steal info or killing someone inside.

Shadowrun has a pretty interesting setting and rules system you can ape use for inspiration, and also a cyberpunk twist on vampires, ghouls and most necrophages.

Start small, plan small, build from there. For reference it took the devs of Underrail some eight years, so don't expect this to be done in three months. Don't attention whore.

So, which one is it? Just saying, most AAA titles that try and do both end up shallow as fuck.

In particular there's a fun little module that involves the PC getting infected with a modified vampire virus on a botched run. And more importantly it also focuses on surviving the first month or so. Feeding, adapting to new teeth, meeting old acquaintances and so on.
If I can remember the name I'll dig it up for you.

This is something you need to worry about as well, OP. Just so you don't end up doing a FO3.

If there's a "Guns" skill for instance, investing in it should not make you deal more damage. Damage should be tied to your ammo and the gun itself.
Instead, investing in that skill should instead make you reload faster, reduce recoil, aim better and if there's weapon degradation, degrade slower and repair faster.

Keep that design phylosophy for all skills and you have a solid FPS, otherwise the mechanics of one will get in the way of the other.

Aight, is there away to make this a collab in this board, or do I have to come up with some physical progress yet by myself?

Because that always works out so well. Get your shit together and start making your game. Subcontract if you must.

Nah

Celerity + Firearms can be almost fun.

Will it contain loli vampires?

Nah I want it to be realistic (in terms of the most reliable vampire lore) from the bottom up, vampires are only created by bites and curses no children shit or anything like that.
If the demand is high enough however I guess I could tweak the history a bit, I'm open to all suggestions after all.

What do you mean no children shit? Children cant become vampires? Check your privilege you age-ist

Fucking derez yourself, you queer-azz shazbot kobun.

Cyberpunk was born, and needs to stay, firmly grounded in reality. Simple extrapolation of the present and amplification of specific elements will NOT make vampires, elves, and orcs become real. So do us all a favor and eat a shotgun, ideally after feeding it to a few shadowrun fanbois.

You mean we can't play as cute little vampire girls? What is the actual point?

can you play as a human templar doing some "deus vult" with a army of vampire lolis?
if there isn't a sword skill there will be angry men
and if the only swords available are katanas I will be absolutely livid.

Besides the games story originally had to do with a warrior losing his body to that of a terrible core accident while fleeing from his village (he took a passage through the Earths core), an old scholar finds him wounded and grafts him a superior vampire body that can absorb abilities and resist vampire fangs, using this superior body he enacts a tale of revenge on the vampire community.
So no, I don't think it can be a small girl.

Can you at least have a loli Vampire sidekick?

CP has always been borderline SJW. It's only the American PKD/Blade Runner faction that kept it masculine.

I want to fuck Krul Tepes.
But only if she was less of a cunt.

putting microchips in your body is already vampirism

In the hand of a master, a humble stick is a deadly weapon; in the hands of a faggot even a chainsword is akin to a dragon dildo.

Use a program that isn't too difficult for you to learn. Even if it must be RPGMaker or Source Engine. Find something that works for you after playing around with it a bit. None of these delusions that you're going to make something akin to AAA game at all. Also, don't turn into that faggot YandereDev where you can't take any fucking criticism whatsoever.
And take a look at some interesting cyberpunk concepts that might work well with vampires.
Or even think of ways how cyberization or cyberpunk might affect vampires. Like do vampires get augmentations like blood self-injectors or regenerating nanomachines? Or are they vampires because they have said nanomachines in them, requiring them to re-energize themselves by having their body consume blood?

I personally would like to not be forced to play as a named character. But I get you might be restricted to that with time and development constraints.

Wouldn't mind seeing some social commentary like NEET technopriests and extreme leftist cults akin to SJWs. Of course, maybe some people just want video games to remain video games. Even if it is cyberpunk.

You know you are missing a golden opportunity for not having loli vampires? Vampire children could perhaps be the most deadliest of them all since they'd appear seemingly innocent and even if you knew they were a vampire doubt many would be willing to put them down.