Good History Based Video Game Channels?

I dont care about lets plays, clickbait, or reaction shit. I want videos of good analysis/history about games. wither it be tech, game design, and other cool video game stuff related stuff.

I have a broken hand, so I can't really play anything besides with a joystick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/mcfrosticles
youtube.com/user/Kinaman88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry to hear that. The only channel similar to that, that I watch is accursed farms.

Look up Digital Foundry and check out their DF Retro series

I watch everything that comes from LGR. The guy has a huge collection, and really loves old pc's and games.

He also has the elusive Hotwheels computer.

Gaming Historian

Lots of nice videos on games, systems, companies, and personalities from gaming and computing history.

oh yeah, and miiyouandmii2

Ahoy is pretty great, will cover anything, from the origins of certain genres, history of firearms popular in vidya, graphics, gore, how the Cold War affected games, etc.

Also an anti-gun faggot, so there's that.

We can't all be prefect. From what I've seen he doesn't really let his views leak into the videos so he can be a liberal cocksucker all he wants.

Damn, Howard Lincoln was a fucking savage. I know it gets thrown around sometimes that Nintendo works for the Japanese mafia or whatever but it really makes you think. How the fuck do they find these people?

This video series should be good for you OP. It talks all about how old-school graphics worked on NES and C64 and the like.

Seconding this. DF also do some good tech analysis that show how shitty consoles are. Hint: They're fucking shit.

LGR legit inspired me to go out and buy a complete Commodore 64 set with the monitor and tape drive. All I'm missing is the disk drive but those are proving to be really fucking hard to find

Had most of my right hand reattached stitched up a few months ago, so make some effort faggot.
Also a reminder that you don't really need two hands for gsgs, crpgs or vns.

Guy had a nice breakdown and overview on how even official VHS copies of movies and shows were low quality compared to broadcast standards

If he is an anti-gun fag, he sure does a ton of research on guns. Maybe doing his videos gives him a hateboner.

I dunno, I've not seen him be anti-gun but I don't go looking up internet personalities' opinions on shit. Regardless, he does great vids.

youtube.com/user/mcfrosticles
:^)

Guru Larry has some interesting vids.

he sure does

Must have something to do with the billions they have in the bank

gamesack and retrocore give you some details about a console they cover and then do brief rundown of various games on one episode,

matthewmatosis and joseph anderson do longass in-depth analysis of various games, you might disagree with some of the stuff they say, but most of their stuff is on point

TotalbiscuitĀ“s "this is why we cant have nice things" series are great, is really sad that he never made more episodes, Ross game dungeon and superbunnyhop are also cool in my book, but some people here seem to have hate boners for all of these people, but make your own opinion.

Give Ahoy a gander if you like Holla Forums and /k/ close together. Just a heads up, he's a bit of a casul. In any footage of Black Ops or TF2, he clearly fights bots and in doom footage, he's using the godmode cheat.

He was their legal counsel, the one that advised them to fight back against MCA when they filed a bogus lawsuit over Donkey Kong.

This video downplays NoA's involvement in the hearings, though, which were ostensibly drummed up in response to Sega's inroads into their market share outside Japan.

My favorite SuperBunnyHop moment was where he was so mad about criticism of Gone Home, his personal GOTY for 2013, that he wrote an entire op-ed for Gameranx detailing why those people are wrong. I don't know if that was before or after he recorded himself sucking off designer Steve Gaynor and titled it an interview.

Matt Chat is pretty good if you want to know what was going on back then from the developer point of view. He has loads of lengthy interviews with guys like Chris Avellone, John Romero, "Lord British", Tim Cain, the guy who invented MUDs and even with that Russian who made Tetris.

Very long skype interviews. Basically something to listen on the background.

there is no sense on policing taste out of Holla Forums, if you ask me and by that I mean its okay to like people who have shit taste every once in a while

so what were the biggest boobs
besides the consumers HUHUHUH

I have a couple of cool resources for analysis on the Halo games, but I know most people here hate them.

If somebody wants them i'll go find them all and post links but if not I don't wanna spend the time and effort compiling them

Kim(ble) Justice is alright. Mostly covers stuff revolving around '80s Britbong gaming PCs and sometimes unsung Sega Genesis games.

For what it's worth, ==SHE== has the decency to keep politics out of videos and is almost borderline professional.

youtube.com/user/Kinaman88

Give it a watch, especially Dendy Chronicles. Great look at gaming in Soviet Russia (and post-Soviet Russia). Very informative and entertaining. I'd recommend it to everybody.

Oh, and it's less general history, but watch the Director's Commentary for Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's a Let's Play that's actually worth watching. Got pitifully little attention compared to how fucking entertaining and interesting it is.

I have that hotwheels computer too, just not the peripherals or the monitor, just the case. Was thinking of donating it to hotwheels himself. LGR is alright but pretty much lacks any sort of critical faculties outside of shit smacking you in the face obvious. A lot of historical stuff is poorly documented or barely even covered. Much of the information is out there but I can seriously only think of one solid example of someone piecing together this information - embedded.

also I really liked this one because it was a tech show case of one of my all time favorite consoles by someone who knew what they were talking about.

It's all right, as long as the parties involved could be transparent as to how cheap their opinion goes on the market these days.

Good watch. Check out this old Atari programming video.