Twin Strick Shooters

everything onwards is chaos, pure and complete chaos, shit is everywhere, lasers, mines and hazardous environment get thrown in the mix, and i will not even spoil the rival battle and last boss, holy shit that rival battle, and we probably had to retry 10~15 times the last boss, trying various characters combinations to get through

it's probably one of the most hardcore modern games i played in years.
is there more? i want more co-op games like this, not high-score shit, a chaotic twin stick shooter bullet hell with actual content.

Have any of you played Alienation?
That shit's basically top-down Destiny.

i don't think i will ever play it.
sad really, it seems the type of game i'm looking for, just less chaotic.

If you're trying to sell someone on a game, maybe don't compare it to literal dog shit

Helldivers is okay for a couple hours, it's unfortunately super repetitive due to procedural generation of maps and enemy spawns but before that repetition fatigue sets in it's a great co-op Starship Troopers experience.

Have you tried Warframe?

Warframe is better than Destiny in literally every single way, which isn't saying much because Destiny is trash.

eh, i dunno user, but that doesn't really seem fun, gonna keep a eye on it in case it gets a 90% discount.

i meant a twin stick shooter that take inspiration from diablo-like games.

and i know destiny is trash, warframe is not really that much better though.

The friendly fire stuff is more fun than you'd expect, missions get really tense when your teammate gets accidentally shotgunned in the back of the head while holding an airstrike beacon and the strike kills two of you, leaving the last dude to run for his life looking for an opportunity to respawn you all. The DLC is super shitty and by all accounts is apparently mandatory for some of the late game missions but I think most people probably get sick of the game before they ever get to those end game missions.

Hatred

I think my other post got eaten by the server.
Anyway, that doesn't seem fun user, getting angry with your teammates isn't something i like or want to go through.

gif related, that is what i call fun co-op.

i want to hug the tomboy lolibot

But that's exactly what I meant: it's grindy shit.

moe down the bad guys

Game kinda turns to shit when you realize that playing the hardest mission solo is easier than the easiest mission co-op. Still a pretty fun ride while it lasts though. I would suggest EDF4 if you want it with more of everything.

That's not how you pronounce moe.

Also Liquorice = Shiitake > Peanut > Starch > Holly > Lemon > Aubergine > Coral > Cactus

well then think of a better pun wise guy. and just just what kind of tier list is that? its certainly not huggability

Ring Runner: flight of the sages is another popular recommendation on Holla Forums
Also what do people think of pineapple smash crew?

To add on to that what Ikari Warriors game would you guys recommend to buy?

Overall quality.

AAC was kinda overrated. Difficulty was mostly caused by messy graphics and the game was still pretty easy.

Neon Chrome is really fun, but the procedural generation needs tweaking.

i didnt say she wasnt, thats probably all she wants. a dumb smelly hairless ape meatbag to wrap his inferior easily breakable arms around her chassis and tell her its okay that shes a holographic glasses wearing edgelord dork that got her shit shoved in by a bumbling loli cop
SHE JUST WANTS THE SHIT BULLIED OUT OF HER

Unless the criteria is "characters who look most ripped out of that shitty Jimmy Neutron cartoon", I'm not seeing it.

Came here to post this, I feel Neon Chrome is one of the better executed twinstick roguelites, but gets passed over because it's not quite as cartoony or flashy as some of the popular ones.

I feel like it got passed over for Enter the Gungeon, and I really disliked that game.

I had that particular one in mind actually. Great looking, shitty play and balance. NC is much tighter.
Admittedly I haven't played either game multiplayer because I'm a socially challenged friendless faggot.

We're all that. Even if I had a friend I doubt I'd even bring up video games around them.

I don't think those two are really comparable though. Neon Chrome feels more methodical and you can't really go in guns blazing like you can in Gungeon, especially not at the higher levels.
I really like Neon Chrome but it could use some work. The balance gets terrible on higher level playthroughs.

I really should get on with buying Neon Chrome.
With the amount of hours I put into Crimsonland, it would only seem fair (considering I got the remake for free and original for a fraction of a penny).

What? The game is supposed to scale up with more players. It'd be impossible and shit if the difficulty was the same with one or four players. What point are you trying to make?

They're definitely different, but I don't agree that makes them incomparable.
I'm not sure whether you're referring to higher levels of the player, tower, or Overseer, and for that matter, whether you mean too hard or easy. I tend to find that the higher levels of the tower are easier than the lower once you've built a decent character. It definitely punishes you a bit for starting a play on a really late tower level.
If you mean higher level Overseer, it gets a little on the difficult side, but as that's effectively post-game play I don't really mind, as there's really nothing to do at that point except face a steep challenge and you can always go back and play a lower level overseer.

The point is that beating the game itself is easy, actually being good is another matter entirely.

I think he means the game in general. Like for example stuff like corporate soldier's riot shield is trash compared to the hacker getting more doors and loot boxes open, or the assassin's massive crit chances and invisibility, or even the tech's energy shield.
If the riot shield was similar to the enemy riot shield it would have been much better.

I strongly disagree with that. Even having one other person drastically reduces the difficulty of hard missions, especially when you've got kit synergy.

I very clearly stated my point. Playing the highest difficulty missions in Helldivers solo is significantly easier than playing the easiest missions with a full team. You have total control over the camera and can easily pick off scouts off-screen before they call in an alert, so you never have to deal with anything but scouts and rarely a tank. Playing with others greatly increases the chance of a scout calling in a ton of shit on you and getting you all killed.

A second player certainly helps more than he hurts with some objectives, but still increases the risk of a scout calling in and forcing you to retreat or possibly fail.