Aesthetic Vidya

What are some a e s t h e t i c games to play? Games that really immerse you and carry your soul into another state of being.
Looking for late 80's, early 90's, but beyond is fine too.

I love Jun Chikuma for getting me into Retro Synthwave, and Retro Futurism/Neo/Cyber at an early age, she and David Wise have changed my life.
soundcloud.com/junechikuma

Here's another I didn't include in the OP.
Something about this sort of setting just stimulates and sends my conscious into overdrive, It's like a beautiful, sorrowful, drug.

game sux but looks cool

I really hate how saturated the "vaporwave" meme has become, but I love it so much, and all of its subgenres. It honestly makes me feel, different.

Can't argue there, the setting just makes it for me.

Forgot to mention Fumie Kumatani and the rest of the Sonic Sound Team. They truly are something else.

Here's my last self-bump. I'm sure there are other people on this board who are as romanticized by that "ethereal future" feel as I am.

Jet Set Radio
EYE
Zeno Clash

There's nothing wrong with the gameplay (what little of it there is). The issue is that the story is very heavy handed.

Thank you user. Your contributions are meaningful to me. I love me some Jet Set Radio. Never heard of Zeno Clash, will definitely try.

aestheticism is a shitty normalfag meme. i understand what appeal you find in the games you gave as examples, but try to find another term for what you like in them. there's nothing more fad-ish and embarrasing than this vaporwave shit, even if some good music has come of it. it exists in this strange doubleworld of half genuine worth and half pandering meme.

snatcher is fucking god tier

did not mean to quote although it is still OP so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'll sage now, due to this post only being half video games. I also listen to small artists that do vidya remixes. Their music is surprisingly decent, I love me some chiptune. I also love Shmups and Do-Donpachi.

user. I couldn't agree more! This is why I called it retrosynthwave, I think that's the legitimate name for it. I just don't know if the terms I used are wrong, please correct me if they are. I want to embrace this kind of thing as much as possible.

I honestly don't know what I would call it but I guess synthwave and the like is pretty harmless. and dont worry, i wouldnt "correct" you anyway, makes it sound like i know what im talking about.

Nemissa is going to bop you!

I just really hate how people say "THAT'S SO VAPORWAVE" and bundle all genres up in one group, while using the exact same 420 Flower Shoppe style. It has become generic and aggravating. It's like saying "THAT'S ELECTRONIC" and cramming a bunch of music genres together too, while using the same 5 pastel colors. The 420 Flower shoppe meme has become so saturated and fucking obnoxious, that the only people who find it funny, are the people who don't actually have a sense of humor, and are pretty damn shallow. So they rely on memes that have been beaten senselessly into the ground. It was endearing at first, but now I really want people to fuck off with it, which is why I try to use varied pictures when saying "aesthetic", to show others that it doesn't only apply to Flower Shoppe. I usually keep complaints to myself, but god damn, this time I really had to let it out, I'm so annoyed.

That being said. It isn't ALL bad, there are people who do get creative with it, and actually make something new, like that "trump japan" video. It was something fresh and new, out of a slogging, tasteless, mushy heap of un-originality, you just gotta know where to look.

I'd bop her right back.

Posted the wrong video, great.

I want to raise Nemissa!

I want Nemissa to raise me, if you catch my drift.

I AM KINAP. THE CLOSET FURRY.

torpedo tits were best tits

>"Yo gimme somethin' ta dance to."
I love this shit. Really puts me right in the zone.

I'm just posting games that are really built around getting into 'the zone' because to this day I still don't get what the fuck the
'A E S T H E T I C'
meme is supposed to even be outside of Vaporwave.

To be fair, Mary is superior.

I wonder, is the Mary from SMT, the same mary from persona 4?

That's really silly and retarded, user.

Marie

Somebody, post the V i d e o g a m e s webm. The one that feels like a vaporware fever dream.

This Mary is a robot created by Victor with a human soul gained by hanging out with gay hackers.

There is another Marie in Devil Summoner also, she's an old lady fortune teller with mad cash.

The Dark Spire, maybe, I don't get the Aesthetic meme.

I said Vaporwave and Fever Dream not Metal and Rabies.

You got something better. Fuck you.

Gay Hackers…?

Haha, shit, I'm going to use that in the future

Applies to anything that enriches your soul, personally.

I thought the gameplay was actually the highlight of the game and its main problem was how it shoves the story down your throat whenever you aren't in combat.

How about the gritty future of the Killzone series?

NO MARY
NO BOY

I love how SMT/Persona is stylized. Always hated the story and character interactions though, feels like a pagan anfic of sorts.

Aesthetic doesn't have to be futuristic

DCS WORLD

Does this count?

IDK I beat the whole game without ever experimenting past getting the sword laser which is very early and spamming that.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

SUDA 51 AESTHETICS

G U N M A N C H R O N I C L E S

Some music too.

Mothafucking

F U R I

It was fun. I should replay it some time soon.

Reminds me of a more tame version of the Kilimanjaro darkjazz, I would say 'No', but since the a e s t h e t i c. meme is more loose than a Chinese prostitute, go wild.