Ideas for games

Time to engage that thing you call brain, Vee.

With the least amount if words possible, describe your game ideas. I'd love to hear what you can come up with!

To get us started, I'll contribute three:

Hong Kong.
Manage a private security company, organizing and executing things like armed transport, VIP bodyguard and what have you.

Evolution-based RPG-part-idler.
Start as a cell that can do nothing. For every comprehensible action & ability, there are tons skills & modifiers. Game finished when you transcend into pure energy.

Dystopian future, Belgium.
Be part of hardcore gang, kidnapping androids & butchering for components to sell on black market. You discover a new type of androi, not like the work of any manufacturer you've seen before.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Mokou
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off, stop spamming that shitty artist

A trading card game with mokous.

Make a game, but like, make it good, or something.

I'd like to play a game where you stalk and kidnap virgins from an anonymous image board about computer games. You'd train them under a harsh fitness regime until their skinny fat bodies are lithe and tight - ready to be dressed in girly clothes. Call it Femboy Trainer or something.

An animu style RPG set in an Arab fantasy world where you fight & seal away genies and extract abilities from them.

what are ideas without game mechancs? i could say a game about saving the world from the illuminati with magic and mechs but how are we doing it?

Well, the story should always play into the mechanics shouldn't it?

RARE MOKOUS
A
R
E

no thats the kind of thing that only makes sense in retrospect, it could be anything from a sidescrolling platformer shooter to a turn based strategy game

would someone care to explain these please

I want a game in the style of EV:Nova/Endless Sky/Transcendance/Sunless Sea (kinda?)

Where you control a (space) ship from a top-down perspective, flying between planets and space stations, fightin' tradin' and passenger carryin' your way across the stars, accumulating bounty and power, acquiring more powerful ships, upgrades, weapons, and a fleet along the way.

But for a twist, I'd like it to use 3d graphics, have pretty robust scripting in order to make missions that aren't just "warp here, kill this" or "bring x to y" etc., have combat that is actually good, like Starfarer(sector?), and also have a setting more to my personal taste than that of EV:Nova and Endless Sky. Ditch the psychic powers and shit, and tone down the aliens.

Toss in decent support for mods, and a good art style and I will physically assault you with cash money.

gibe plox

Some selenic tomfoolery

Monsters have actual population levels and if you kill too many of them they're gone forever.

Monster migrating based on day or night (inside or outside game) or day of the week.

Monsters that will attack each other over territory or monsters attacking each other for food.

Oh, hell. There are some ultra rare Mokou I've been dying to collect! How much are you asking for for the whole collection?

a Theft game utilizing these suggested improvements.

fighting game that uses modifier button for specials

I feel some ideas that have been underexploited really need to be developed:
- Short time role-playing games
- Cooperative/competitive games

I've long had this idea of a game setup in a zombie apocalypse where you play survivors with fixed abilities and goals, and basically your group starts up somewhere in a limited map and you'd have to achieve a particular set of objectives for yourself (which can range from checking up on your family to killing a human player) while trying to stay alive and reach a safe zone.

Points would be awarded for successful completion of objectives and survival.
Also, it would be impossible to just kill the group and go solo, except maybe near a safe zone. Various character backgrounds would give various bonuses/special abilities.

The challenge is how to force players to make hard choices and argue instead of running around like idiots or rushing to a safe zone.
I believe it's possible to do using careful game design.

The main differences from other 'muh survival' games would be
- Short games (30mn-1hr)
- no other players than the starting group of

just ask for 8 buttons fucking retard

Recycle all the art assets from Panel de Pon and make a puzzle quest style rpg

I'd play these two for sure!
Pretty sure people would appreciate the first one more if it were girls, instead of boys.

You're missing the "If you play Overwatch you're a faggot" Mokou. Don't worry, I got you.

it seems its calling overwatch an addicting game, rather than insulting the players.

I was going off of the Danbooru translation, being
"Remember this guys, you can smoke, booze, or fight if you want, I can help you out if you're in trouble. But if any one of you have anything to do with THIS, then sorry, I (will pretend that I) don't know you…"
Same thing to what you said, really, but more demeaning.

some kind of h game where the aim is to avoid miscarriage.

I just came up with the idea for an RPG cause I've been trying to write a story that follows a similar kind of plot and has various elements of middle eastern & maybe chinese magic & occultism.

Sounds cool.

I need some ideas for a strategy game I'm making, I want the game to feature 3 factions of different species (the game will either be a fantasy or since fiction game), one is a swarm-like faction that relies on overwhelming their enemies, another is an elite faction that has very very few units but each one is very strong and then humans would be kind of a middle ground between them.

In other words the factions are going tutti be based on the humans, eldar and tyranids from warhammer 40k.

I need some ideas for units and what abilities they should have.

One faction can entirely out of parasites/leeches. It's unable to build & collect resources on its own, & must hijack other units to progress? Focus trait agility and camouflage.

Humans are so boring, usually human factions are of mundane and have no quirks every time
Maybe make it so they are infected with something and use their sick as suicide horde/chemical weapon.

One the faction maybe consist of swarm hivemind. Only have one base unit, but combine like Lego to form tankish strong super. They are slow in thought, use more base worker to speed up.

that isn't the full folder

can you pls upload them somewhere

lol

Imageboard tycoon, Josh edition.

Mokus are a hot investment right now. Any meme trader worth their salt should invest in some Moku.

trips confirm

I honestly have no idea if it's just one person using these reaction images in the whole board but I don't fucking get it.
They're unfunny, they're shitty, and posting them over and over is not gonna make them any better.

Are you obsessed with this shit? Why are they funny? What fucking correlation do they have to anything?

What the fuck

came into this thread to tell you that I think they're cute, appropriate, and hilarious! ( ̄▽ ̄)

Still not funny not cute

Oh, I get it.
You're just trying to get me to post my rare Mokous.
You're getting the common ones instead

Chinese is so retarded that it comes off as hilarious if you translate it word for word.

Hilarious if you're brain dead
Sure

That is probably true. OK change it to kidnapping virgins from an anonymous image board about bullying.

Cute, fun, low-poly platformer in the vein of the original Spyro trilogy, but massively multiplayer in a single, persistent world.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC MOTHERFUCKERS CAN YOU FUCKING STOP WITH THIS RETARDED ASS MEME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING STOP WHY I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS STUPID ASS MEME POLLUTING EVERY FUCKING WHERE I GO EVERYWHERE I FUCKING LOOK IT'S ALL HURR DURR CUTE FUNNY

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU RETARDED FAGS CONTINUE TO USE THIS ROTTING ASS MEME IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS THREE FUCKING YEARS WHY DO YOU INSIST WITH THIS FUCKING RETARDED BULLSHIT MEME I'M SO SICK OF IT STOP JUST STOP

IT'S THE WORST STUPIDEST FUCKING MEME IN THE UNIVERSE WHY DO YOU KEEP POSTING IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER WHY ARE YOU FUCKING OBSESSED WITH THIS DOGSHIT MEME YOU FUCKING ASSBURGERS

JUST FUCKING STOP IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY IT'S NOT ORIGINAL IT'S A FUCKING PIECE OF CANCER ASS SHIT STOP IT ALREADY YOU FUCKING RETARDS STOP JUST FUCKING STOP I'M SICK OF SEEING THAT FAGGOT MOEBLOB TOUHOU PIECE OF SHIT IT'S NOT FUNNY IT WAS NEVER FUNNY

KILL YOURSELVES YOU FUCKING MOKOU FAGGOTS YOU'RE CANCER YOU'RE THE WORST AND I FUCKING HATE ALL OF YOU TO DEATH I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE FROM DICK CANCER I HOPE IT FALLS OFF AND A PLANE CRASHES IN YOUR STUPID FUCKING FACE AND YOU BURN IN HELL FOREVER FUCK YOU

Oh my god, I thought the thread would inspire people to contribute their splendid ideas for games, since we all enjoy games.

Instead there's You.
But you know what, thats fine too!
I love you.

Action Adventure with horror elements. You play as a woman named "Hare", who wears a mask symbolizing the animals of the same name.

Hare must make her way through a ruined industrial complex while interacting with other people wearing animal masks - those wearing the masks of predators (i.e., wolves or cougars) will attack and try to kill Hare, while those with the masks of herbivores (such as cows or pigs) may aid her.

Hare has the choice of either running away from the predators or killing the predators. The game world and its NPC inhabitants change depending on how many predators you have killed - nightmarish theater props will start to prop up anywhere, predator NPCs will be more careful but also more cunning while hunting you, and docile NPCs may start to run away from you.

The game offers three endings. All are initiated in the last level, where Hare is hunted by the "Apex Predator" - an unmasked male wearing the stereotypical attire of a British 19th century Big Game hunter, complete with an elephant gun.

If you have not killed any predators, the ending sees Hare run into what appears a theater stage. As the audience greats her with clamoring applause, Hare suddenly seems to remember something, bows down, and promptly is beaten unconscious by butt of the Apex Predator's rifle.

If Hare has killed some predators, the audience will boo at her. She turns around just in time to see the Apex Predator closing in on her, but before she can flee, he shots with his gun.

If Hare kills all predators, the last level becomes different in that you actually can kill the Apex Predator and take his gun. The ending subsequently sees Hare entering the stage, drawing her elephant gun, and wildly firing into the audience. After a cut to black, we see Hare in the clothes of the Apex predator, hunting after another woman with a Hare mask.

Why does she wear the mask?

She's a big gal.

All humans in the game play certain roles. Hare, being a hare, runs fast and is supposed to run away from enemies.

And, of course, fuck like crazy

That sounds amazing. I'd pay for that.

I think mokous are very cute and there's one for everything, making them easy and tempting to post in almost any situation.

The only downside they have is that most people can't do the moon runes portion so custom mokous aren't much of a thing, limiting the market.

Unfortunately I don't have any mokous on my phone to post with this, so you'll have to use your imagination and pretend I just posted one.

Night howlers

An MMO-like game where you explore a huge-ass dungeon Etrian Odyssey-style together. Basically 2hu Labyrinth but with multiplayer, character switching included

A game with time travel/time stop mechanics that doesn't suck donkey dick

Tacticool ultra-operator squad simulator with a focus on squad tactics and "brothers-in-arms" kind of style. Plot seems like a generic cowadoody muh freedum garbage, but as you replay the game you get the chance to collect evidence and hear rumors about your side's involvement. At the end of about a third playthrough, if you do everything right, you figure out that your side is really manipulated by ebul not-kikes to slaughter your opposition right after you win.
You can fucking kill your squad at the start of your fourth playthrough and go full suicide-mission against your former boss.

Medieval/supernatural monster hunting action-adventure game. You play as an ex-priest who hunts monsters in the name of god. One half of the game is you investigating murder sites for clues, exorcising cursed places, upgrading your equipment, and trying to figure out where monster is going to strike next.
The other half is actually hunting and fighting the monster.

The final boss is also Dracula.

Plot twist, he actually wants to be killed, but the vampire within him wont let the host die.

Looks like you have the marketing figured out already.

Alright, for an actual idea.

You are plants. You grow outside the city but the humans keep cutting off parts of you. You must use strategy against the humans and fight them when they realize you're sentient and get hostile. You have various hellish plants but they only grow, not move, you have vines and poisons at your disposal, you can also attract bugs and manipulate them indirectly. They call you the demon of nature, you must take over the city and consume the humans.

Third person wuxia themed action game that plays like Quake arena.

Requesting the "Eat me Baby" one.

Action game where the characters turn into weapons like Soul Eater or Valkyrie Drive. You must pick two characters, because not only is every character their own weapon, they use each weapon differently. Can have the weapon/wielder swap places at any point.

i just want a GTA clone set 1920s boston where you bootleg liquor as the irish mob.

The mokou market is exploding, better get your rarest ones now before they run out!

can someone explain who this "mokou" is to me and why I keep seeing her on every image board?

Bioshocks Rapture, but when the powers gone and several years after 2, when the whole place is seriously fucked almost beyond recognition, along with all of the bodies of the former inhabitants and with them showing the differences in how they died
Imagine how terrifying that place would be in the pitch black of night

Is this really all there is to the joke? Just feels particularly low effort

Lurk moar fagbait

Thanks for explaining this retarded meme.
Here, have the only picture I have saved.

LOL

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Mokou
She's a character from Touhou. The artist is Shangguan Feiying.

co-op post-apocalyptic road trip simulator

Sims 3 needs/housing in a Dragon's Dogma style action rpg with dungeon crawling and character switching/party-forming between family and close friends.

I was thinking about how vampirism could make a good mechanic and realized that it's great if tied to health.
It's perfect for a DMC/Bayo/Ninja Gaiden style game. All you need is a story and setting.

Those are some nice rares.

A dungeon crawler but with Classic FPS gameplay and level design. Dungeons and other areas are navigated to through an isometric overworld map, and individual areas such as forests can be entered and explored. Dungeons are made up of multiple levels, some having as many as 12 whole levels, others being short and 1 level long. Modification would be highly supported, allowing players to create campaigns, dungeons, weapons, quests, monsters, and more.

The world needs more Ultima Underworld clones.

Here's my idea:

It's more of a Doom clone than an Ultima Underworld clone. There'd be 9 to 18 weapons depending on if each slot is given two weapons or not, and additional variety is added by the material used to make the weapon(certain enemies can't be harmed by certain materials, ala Daggerfall), quality(ranging from -4 to +4), and minor enchantments(+2 sword with an enchantment that makes it shoot out a fire ball when swung). Additional items like armour pieces have these traits too, while also having durability.

So it's more like Hexen? That's cool too.

More like Heretic when you're actually in the dungeons.

HexeN is more like it, as it has a semi "persistent" central world hub in each of it's episodes. You'd just have to add an isometric map view for trasversing from the hub to a dungeon.

In moderation.

>Mfw there are people really pissed off over the cute Mokou meme and I am part of the reason it is everywhere now.
Anyway, I have an idea for a small fps game, all it is just a game where all the weapons are duel wielded and the mc goes insane overtime so the environment will change radically level by level. It's something on my mind and I'm thinking about trying to program it in my spare time, not much.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all Here's the link to the pixiv account of the artist

A game in the vein of Dungeon Meshi where you need to surgically disassemble a monster to produce equipment, potions, and rations for a dungeon dive. You start with a basic surgeon's slab, chef's station, alchemist/ chemistry kit and forge. Everything the adventurers need must be made out of monsters, and various races/ classes have different preferences for equipment and food.

Cooking, potion boiling, and cooling after forging takes time, and you'll be handling multiple adventurer's contracts at once. The more adventuring teams you can successfully manage, the more money to upgrade your work stations and more clout over adventuring teams, allowing you to ask certain adventurers to work together, requesting advanced information about the monster's physiology, or requesting a monster to be captured alive for vivisection or experimentation.

fresh (crappy) oc

If you eat Mokou, would you become immortal?

Just kidding, she's a Hourai victim and you can't take out her liver!

I bet Reimu could.