Planetside 2 Thread: Right-wing Harasser Squads
Faction: Terran Republic (TR)
Server: Emerald (East Coast)
Outfit: Spicy Spokes Serf Slayers [wwew]
Planetside 2 is a FREE, TACTICOOL shooter with an emphasis on
play with WWEW, the premium fullchan outfit dedicated to
JOIN TODAY
Last thread:
Disclaimer: Please never spend money on this game. You're here to milk them for tears, not be bilked out of your cash. If you're doing shit, pick up a shotty, cert up your medical tool, and watch the captured territory roll in.

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Omnimon
soundcloud.com/whitehottakes/tracks
archive.is/O3uzF
ps2.fisu.pw/alert/
ps2.fisu.pw/control/?world=17
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm new to this game, how do i join the wwew squad or clan?

post username in thread (this is important)
on the map screen:
and wait for a higher up to show up and accept

You forgot:

What vehicle should I cert if I had to choose? Seems like the best options are either a prowler or a Vulcan harasser.

If you want to solo a lot, your best options are Prowler or Mosquito, maybe lib if you're a god.

default harasser is pretty quick so I would personally cert into the vulcan harasser. A good tank is a fully certed out tank and it takes way too long to cert one out.

Prowler is easy to use and super good but Harassers are top tier in every way, for FUN purposes

I've found solo harasser extremely rewarding, you get retards but every harasser is at least 1 or 2 guaranteed run-over kills even then (if you engi with tank mines you can even pop sundies solo anyway)
sometimes you get top tier randoms and it's really fun, they tend to even tolerate barding eurobeat

I would get on the vulcan before the VS eventually crybully their way into nerfing it.

It's a scientifically proven fact that Eurobeat makes you better at Planetside.

You faggots need to leave.

vanu plant located and (you)'d

Looks like someone didn't have ==[TACTICAL SUPERIORITY]==

what is this bullshit?

[TACTICAL SUPERIORITY]

[KEK]

Literally the first time I've tried doing that.

are you guys sure its not too early to bring this back now? I thought we were burnt out a little too much.

Asraphael here

Maybe for (you) but I feel like playing and doing stupid shit with you guys again

been on vidya boards for a decade now, I've seen it time and again when a game gets burnt out and someone tries to bring it back too quickly it just turns sour. Like bringing back Ace of Spades servers too quickly e.t.c.

Our time ws something special and I know it felt over quickly like tears in the rain. But you really need to leave it for a few more months before reviving it. makes it all the sweeter

Dude I just want to play video games

Ive been playing every weekend. Squadding up with wwew beats KDR padding(not on purpose) and learning to mess around with mouse sensitivity for hours any day

All subjective.

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PLAYING THE GAME EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK :^)
NOTHING TO DO WITH IDIOTS REPLYING TO SHITPOSTERS WHEN THERE'S A FILTER BUTTON LIKE

NOTHING TO DO WITH IDIOTS THAT KEEP CRYING ABOUT "MUH META" AND "MUH CONTENT" WHEN THEY CAN'T EVEN GET PAST BR 20 AND NEVER SPAWNED A MOSQUITO

GET
FUCKING
REAL
AND
TREAT
IT
AS
LE
FUCKING
GAME

you mean you want us to masturbate to planetside 2? what the fuck is wrong with you?

shoo shoo, the (1) got what it wanted and left pleasantly and prolonging discussion on the topic like what you're doing is more likely to attract and retain baitmens
you being really bothered by shitposting wont, thankfully, burn anyone else out on the game

[BRAKETS DON'T PREVENT RED TEXT YOU FUCKING 4CUCK FAGGOT]

I bet you think starship troopers is communism as well.

What's some good vehicle loadouts for causing Vanu Tears?

We all have these days, user. It's okay even though you're a fucking retard.

This game isn't too grindy, most of the default weapons in this game are pretty damn good aside from maybe the NC LMG.
The grind is fair though, 250 experience always totals 1 cert point, so the better you are the more you earn.

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT, REDTEXT ONLY APPEARS IF YOU PUT THE 2 EQUAL SYMBOLS IN THE START OF THE TEXT
asd==YOU ARE GAY== jack fuck

what this guy said.

works
you need a individual line, because
(this isn't it's own line) ==doesn't work==.
brackets like
[asdf]
have no actual effect on the final text.
so, to review:
FUCK OFF

it was fun playing with you fags, I have to work on the weekend but it should be early enough to get off and back home before primetime

stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Omnimon

nine hundred hours in a MAX suit

Where's my response you filthy tranu plant

I applied yesterday, why you so slow

Stealth sunderer with a C4/mines Engineer on Esamir, right outside the warpgate.

everyone who wants to join the Spicy spokes Serf Slayers [WWEW] listen up

if you want to join us sailing the ocean on vanu salt follow these next steps!:
1. post your username in the thread
2.send us an application with your ID in it
3.harvest vanu salt
Thats how easy it is you niggers, get in here and go have some fun

i'll accept applications as soon as i'm home this evening.

looking back on all of this now i realize i let the excitement get to me when i announced the return of [WWEW]. but still i said i wanted to wait
for just a little longer. before i knew it anons decided to bring back the general **while im pretty much against that at this moment since im
sure we are on the verge of reaching high levels of autism much like the SS13 general** looking at the amount of anons actually joining
it looks to me as if the amount of already WWEW member is still tired/not interested in the game yet since it hasnt really been that long since everyone burnt out.

i just feel like it needs to be something special again. like says. but if people want to play anyway going around in a small squad
with others who are usually without a mic thats fine by me. but i just cant get myself to play that much with the current state of WWEW.

i will try to get online ocasionally to accept anyone from Holla Forums who's interested.

It was a bit early. I was thinking that we should have made a grand come back around January at least if we were going to. I'm going to stick around at the very least providing the morale support. Yesterday was a lot better but even then we only managed to get like 1 and a quarter squad at best.

I'm having fun playing with the smaller numbers we have but it was definitely premature for a full return. As long as we have a few people willing to talk and set platoon waypoints we can keep a slow burn going for a while. No need for a thread until the real event.

I'm not good at Planetside lore, in the description of the Terran Republic, they say that they wish to "Regain contact with the homeworld", by the homeworld, do they mean earth? Is this a Tribes scenario where people went through a portal and ended up in the Wilderzone?

If you say "She bleeds to breed" three times aloud G*nnerNacho will appear out of thin-air and accept your application

Planetside 2 "reimagined" a lot of lore from the first, but key points:
Important feature: ANTs, new vehicles that construct things based on Auraxis' "rare" resources out of thin air not unlike the structures on the map
TR are still interested in uniting with the homeworld and re-establishing order
NC want to lock down all the sheks before this happens
VS want to create a quiet technocracy and keep the goyim at home away

Alright, thanks.
So it kinda is a Tribes lore scenario with the wormhole being the portal that led to the Wilderzone that is Auraxis.
Live free in the NC tbh.

You forgot to say the wormhole closed unexpectedly, trapping the humans in uncharted territory with no way to get home, which escalated the tensions between the different empires

there is a youtube video about the lore somewhere but long story short:

I played this game when it came out.
Whats the player count today?

Battle-eye finally got implemented, and player count just took a nosedive (MUH KD!)

You can decline "BenOneManKlanGarrison".
Game keeps crashing for me now, even with the graphic-settings from last thread. Forgot to post the apply here anyway

REMOVE GOMMIE

What commies?

I just unlocked the HAWK air lock on launcher lads, can't wait for pilots to send me angry /tells.

Daily reminder to make fun of Gunner "she wasn't 13" nacho. That is all :^)

Gunner "shes a runner" Nacho

Fuck my mic literally split in half I guess that's what I get for using it while drunk so I can no longer take the piss out of gunner for a few days.

Gunner "If she's on the clock, she's ready for the cock" Nacho is a treasure to us all.

split in half like nachos last girlfriend

reminder

My internet is dogshit right now, just moved into a new place. I tired hopping on the other day and it was choppy as fuck. That and Im in the middle of the dining room so its noisy.
Maybe I'll try getting on today to see how it is again, but I may have to sit this one out.

Neither of you have any idea about this game
maybe for new players

The Gauss isn't bad, it just has too much spread in full auto fire, guess what I prefer, bursts or full auto?

TR aren't commies, when will this meme die.

they are commies though. Reddit anal icing determined it to be as such. Red = communism

Why are britfags total fucking cancer to video games. Kill yourself.

sauce me that japshit

I've always associated it with Imperialism funny enough.

Better quality version of this.

Communism didn't invent a color friend.

I am downloading it now, I have only 1 question. Why aren't we playing vanu? I thought they had fat asses and technology why wouldn't you play with them?

Do you suck dicks?

Because their music is gay and they wear spandex.
I would prefer NC because their music is fucking 110% RADICAL and their weapons are really powerful.

Let's be honest here, EVERY faction is filled with redditors.

Yeah, user was wrong, Tranu is more filled with tumblr rather than reddit

battle eye isn't banning anyone yet, and you can circumvent it entirely by using one of the old launcher executables.

Speaking of which, I need to make a bug report on the tracker about that.

Someone else should also.

I literally just forgot that some text effects don't work mid-line. Dunno why some of you fags are getting so worked up about it.

Felbot wants to join [WWEW]

BREAKING TR NEWS

THE TRANU OCEAN HAS BEEN LOCATED

but why?

I expect to see you in the webm thread when a new one is made and you also tell us how we're doing it wrong there too

Did you follow the instructions right?
Should be in the thread.

So what is Battleye for other than to make Linuxfags mad that it supposedly made PS2 stop working for them?

It's for tracking and flagging cheaters so daybreak can ban them.

I kinda want to pick PS2 up again, but are the no fun allowed BR110+ air chavs still around?

The only good track in the NC is the one that plays in the login screen. Tranu is just wubwub shit with the occasional otherworldly tune and TR is meh, not as exciting as the music they showed off in the Alpha trailer

What were they using before? Punkbuster or some other shit?

yes

They weren't using anything before, lol

Oh hey, It's been a while.
Is it just me or was there no thread for a while now? what happened?

The game got old from continuous play, so we waited a few months.

>>>/facebook/

o shit u got trips I guess I gotta go

kek wills it

Planetside 2 would be so much better if TR could get flamethrowers and purge the Vanu.

yes please, especially if they do more damage to MAXes

Best SMG: NC
Best Carbines: NC
Best Sniper Rifles: NC
Best Scout Rifles: NC
Best Shotguns: N/A
Best Rocket Launchers: NC
Best Max (Overall): NC
Best (Starter) Sniper Rifle: NC
Best Sidearms: TR
Best LMGs: VS
Best Heavy Guns: TR

I love playing TR for the forces of good, but goddamn do NC have some sexy weaponry.

iirc flamethrowers are fucking cyanide for framerate in multiplayer games.

Live free in the NC, user. We don't even have penis inspection days.
Too bad everyone playing NC is an inbred retard who cannot into tactics.

On my alt I'd like to say I'm a rather competent NC who can play well, play smart, and help my fellow NC

Speaking of nc, what happened to NCbro?

I have no clue, I was the guy who made the NC J1DF outfit though

the unfinished english dub of fist of the north star

grounder still produces plenty of salt.

key words:
autism magic is magnified in groups

It's getting to a point where the times I regret picking and staying with NC are starting to mount enough that they're becoming annoying.

I love heavy ordinance over BRRRRRRRRRRRRRT but I am getting tired of doing the work of 6 men solo, while the lemmings just keep running forward and getting fucked by higher rpm. I am tired of being a heavy support player for a group of chuckle fucks that can't pull their heads out of their asses and learn how the infantry game works. Too many times I've had a spawn bus die because chuckle heads were just running off to die in stead of dropping a motion dart and looking for fags with goddamn C4. I could go on for paragraphs, but this isn't a live journal.

And then I remember how much I've put in (time and goybux) and don't want to have to re-earn all of it back.

Forgive the rant. It's good to have WWEW back, even if we kill each other periodically

NC Bro, c-can we play together sometime? I want to play with you and do the work of 9 men, d-desu

I am an 'NC bro' but not THE NC Bro. That aside, yeah, I would be up for having an intelligent ally that wants to live free. Drop a request to C0debreak when you want.

Hey battlebards, can you sauce me some of your songs?

Pequod, you played a song I liked, it was some "grab em by the pussy" remix to the tune of we're not gonna take it, care to sauce me on that? Youtube ain't bringing up anything.

my first profile was NC that I got to lvl 31 over on the west coast server, back when I lived on the west coast. Leaving sooner and joining up with WWEW made it infinitely more entertaining and it took half the time to rank back up to 30+ because I actually enjoyed the time and we actually do somewhat decent. If you want to spend goybreak cash (like I did, I spent far too much) spend like, 30$ to get the basic stuff for your tank, harasser, guns, etc.

I'm here just taking care of my mother again since she had a relapse

If I play games its only like for an hour or so the last 3 weeks

Understatement of the year, they hardly ever use them unless you tell them to repeatedly

Does this picture still describe PS2?

I'd argue no, Vanu are Chinks and Chris-Chan tier trannytards who play this game like how addicts played wow back in '07, in 18 hour shifts.
NC are normal pubbies who sighed on because they liked the generic rock music the best
TR are people who actually like mixed unit tactics but don't want to engage in forced enlightenment tranny-operations to make the spandex fix around their groin.

I'll be on tomorrow since its rather late for me.
My NC's IGN is Lowlyfe

Has that three-round burst fire TR assault rifle been nerfed? That was the only TR weapon I actually liked.

Here you go.
soundcloud.com/whitehottakes/tracks

Already have a GD-22S.

Hey C0de, didn't I play with you for about a hour once when we talked in infinity.moe?

You can see a lot of BR BR HUEHEUEs so yeah pretty much.

That does sound familiar. Were you with me when I got a bounty placed on me by a tranu who kept getting domed at the vehicle terminals?

I think so. We were capping solo some base with no one in it and we went down a really steep hill with a sundie.

Ayy thanks

Shit didn't look at pic, yeah that's me in the squad. Added you with my new account.

How about some planetside 1 music?

I was initially thinking of saving up to upgrade vehicles, but I said fuck it and bought it. I'll get more certs to upgrade vehicles eventually.

Bump. NC top cunts just took Amerish.

I'll enjoy oggling thicc ass all day, also magrider is best tank

What server? In Connery, the infilshitters are dumb enough to frontline on all factions but every big battle half the local area is doused in darts and planted recon kits that I think everyone is playing Sonar with people.

Also Infilshitters being in the frontline at all. It was great when they used to go behind enemy lines and pop generators 15 hexes away now they can't do basic subterfuge if the base isn't a frontline battle.

(checked)
Planetside 1 had fucking great music for all the factions and had a set of extra tracks based on what continent you were on. The Tranu also had the decency of having an alien feel to their tracks instead of generic dubstep. It was a travesty they didn't get Ferrone to come back for PS2

Too bad you cant even fuck with anything if you don't have a connecting base.

these are the reasons

that's not the Vanguard
if you mean "ingame dps" then yeah sure and that bothers me because at least the fucking box-tier prowler is at a tank
the magrider should pop with a single shot to one of it's shitty meme slats or giant, open-to-the-air gun filled with explode-o-juice
planetside the original's magriders at least look decent

Back before they brought back the half assed PS1 lattice system (or maybe they just got around to putting it in), I could take a buddy or two in ESFs as infiltrators and fly over to some random AMP station or tech plant and just nuke every generator in our sight until some random guy shot us. This was also when they first introduced SMGs so the infiltrator would actually be useful instead of the boring sniper.

That sounds a lot more enjoyable than the lattice shit now.

WHERE ARE THE MEMES FAGGOT

No because that was the only fun to be had with Hexes. During the old Hex system, most of the game was 1 zerg per faction and everyone else ghost capping everyone else and the biggest shifts in territory came outside of any actual fighting. Even the zergs ghost capped and avoided each other most of the time. The Lattice wasn't that much of an improvement because there are too many basic outposts in the way and the continents are all boring squares instead of the semi-realistic layout in the first game where there could actually be a sensible flow of battle. That and continent locking involved taking ALL the bases on the continent then going to the warpgate and moving on to the next one instead of filling a pool of points then suddenly CONTINENT LOCKED, INDAR NOW AVAILABLE

Ferrone made and submitted some work for PS2 but it looks like SOE only picked him up to help make the music you hear in the character selection/creation menu. What work he had was still distinctly Planetside, but definitely new. Would be great if they did a soundtrack overhaul, there's gems like the original TR recruitment theme(sounds more heroic too) but overall the game's music isn't really noteworthy.

Didn't show us your boipussy

I know, which makes it feel worse that he wasn't taken seeing his demo tracks when the game was announced and seeing that he was replaced by some nobody (does anyone even know the other guy's name?). So now I just turn off music and play my own collection or just some random shit I find on jewtube

And for all the shit I give Tranu, they have the redeeming feature of ONE ambient track that actually sounds alien and mystical

It's an improvementā„¢

Anyoen got a haraser and need someone for maximum BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT?

Note to self. Proofread shit when posting in the evening.

That's top Englando, lad.

Well, it was fun while it lasted

Don't worry, we'll all see each other on some battlefield someday.

Peaquod you're a god.

I downloaded the game again, time to dust off that account account again when i get home from work at 11 famalamberghinis

How big is the oniifam outfit now anyways?

2 Squads worth just an hour ago, was pretty fun.

K

It was fun making an absolute perfect parking job for the Galaxy only to crash it into the ground with everyone in it because I couldn't fly for shit and the parking job was actually just an extremely lucky accident

Those accidents are always fun.

Well now, looks like they gave everyone a good chunk of the old construction stuff for free. That was unexpected.

What?

I recall there being practically nothing to work with if you didn't cert into them so most people didn't actually use any of it in addition the dumbness of hunting for Gold Tiberium. Did they realize that not everyone grinded 500k certs with a sub since the game's original launch and decided to give people a break?

I found that cucktaco article I was talking about in chat.

archive.is/O3uzF

The fuck are they still doing around? I thought they were a Gawker site? Or did that spic TV station that bought Gawker kept that shit around while the old guard ran off to run the Cuck?

Why do you GG retards think that Gawker would die? It wouldn't.
It was blatantly obvious someone would buy them out. Univision didn't buy Gawker as a joke, they make money with the Gawker brands.
The only Gawker site they shut down was please use archive.is, nothing else.

didja forget something

That doesn't mean jack shit. Only Gawker got shut down, not everything else they ran (Kotaku, Jezebel, Lifehacker, whatever else) is still going on as usual.

do you think that because they are only its subsidiaries there will be no weight falling on them?

This inspired me to make some OC.

Whoops. Had that as "Roman" sculptures at first. Should I make it "Roman statues" or change it to "Gyrus now banned"?

Well, if I found ancient Greek Statues, I'd want to ban Italian food too.

Shut up. I fixed it now.

Shit oc is still oc

T-thank you senpai.
I made this when WWEW first started.

i really like it otherwise

kek

Yeah, just got the mail I get even more shit because I actually shekled up and bought the TR pack back then.
Guess I'll log in and see what I have now.
10man autism bases were fun, too

ESFs are the most annoying shit in this entire game.
They shred tanks, they shred vehicles, and if you're a mainly infantry player like me it takes 3 rockets to take them out. If they feel afraid after the first 2 they just go hide, repair and come back. They're impossible to take out on foot.

wew I am retarded, I meant to say they shred tanks and infantry.

At least you didn't witness them during the beta.

What has this place done to me.

I'm torn, either I skip out and regret not playing with you guys or I play with you guys and contemplate suicide over not sleeping.

You shouldn't fuck with your sleep cycle, fam

call in sick

How many of you figs are still playing this
I got an old as fuck account but I never played TR those years(?) ago
Is it worth joining in now?

TR is gay, play what you want to play though.
Yeah, sure, why not. Game hasn't changed much for the last 2 years. Construction was added, in 2014 they decreased a bit of the grind I think, Wrelfare added some more free shit for starting players.

I already started a tr yesterday and my highest ranked NC was a 12. Are the boosts at any reasonable price in this game? I usually never buy freemium shit but I might make a singular exception just to help fill out my early gear, but I can't be bothered to check the prices and I'd really rather never do that to begin with

You can have 3 character slots.
Boosts are unneeded, as your early level certs can get you some simple gear, ask here what you want to buy and if it's good and make sure to try out guns you plan to buy in the VR training (go to warpgate and then continent selection).
This game isn't really freemium, freemium would lock you out of better gear unless you pay, but in this game if you were to grind enough certs you can buy everything (except cosmetics and the "special" weapons which are literally reskins with no difference from the free versions) for free. See video related how to grind certs. Oh, and you can be fairly careless with what you buy, as when you get to level 15 you can reset what you bought and refund all the certs you spent.
The best boost would probably be to become a Daybreak member, 300% XP gain and 15 bucks for one month, with it decreasing with each month. You can also buy 50% boosts with daybreak cash, 5 bucks is 500 daybreak cash (horribly overpriced imo, I don't think I'll ever be buying anything in this game).
Your starter gear (at least with Living Free in the NC) is basically the best. I know the starter TR carbine and LMGs are pretty alright, you don't really need to buy anything, I'd mod my favorite guns and up my abilities.

Oh, and absolutely 100% buy a Medical Kit. It goes across all classes so you only need to buy it once. Cert (upgrade) it to level 2 so you have 2 medkits, it WILL save your life a lot of times.

Depends how much you play. If you're going to play alot it'd be better just to buy a membership.

Thx m8, it's been a long time since I played and I never really studied the ins and outs. Probably won't buy membership but eh, I'll probably play this at least a month.
What classes does wwew need? I can spec into anything we need. Do I get to bring friends?

Do you think people unironically watch Wrel videos and gain insight on common sense?

no, these are
old members are still too jaded to commit playing this soon

That's not entirely true, lots of oldfags are playing now, albeit to a lesser degree.

Play whatever you feel comfortable with but if you want some good easy, and early certs then spec into Medic and upgrade your medigun as much as possible. Chances are you will be swapping between classes as much as Nacho switches between playgrounds to stalk.

You can swap out what class you spawn as when you respawn. Pick what is needed for the current combat situation, Combat Medics are always useful, same with Heavy and Light assaults. Engineers are somewhat more specialized as people typically die before they need ammo (aside from rockets) and repairing is only needed for vehicles and MAX units, so pointless in smaller 24 man conflicts.

What is wrong with Wrel? The video is informative.

The video for someone who's played less than 10 hours might be informative, but if you aren't already doing those things and need someone to do a 13 minute video on the fact that you should drop ammo, revive people and use sunderers if you're bad at shooting people then I don't know what to tell you.

This was what I meant. Even if Gawker got bought out by a bunch of spics who told the spics that keeping Kotaku or any of their other sister sites around was a good idea when they were the ones that financially ruined them with their stupid antics? And since when do spics care about vidya or weeb shit outside of the most basic entry level shit like Naruto or Bleach?

Does he ever talk about anything in PS2 that isn't CoD shitter junk like "this gun is thisā€¦this gun's good for thatā€¦" because I don't think I've ever seen him do videos that center around teamwork and long-term battles

And this player who I was replying to is new.

He right now is working at Daybreak so he doesn't make much videos. Mostly discussing patch notes.

The problem with Wrel is he's often wrong, that's why

He tried to fight to bring back ZOE Max's for fuck sakes, that should tell you everything about his "Understanding" of Planetside 2's mechanics

I'm aware. I'm just saying a large portion of Wrel's fanbase aren't new.

Who or what is ZOE Max's?

Laddy, you're about to enter a world of gay as fuck faction preferential treatment the likes of which you have never before seen.

Wow, that's worse than being a CoD shitter. Fuck that guy

I started at summer.
After googling it, which I should have done at first it was a Vanu MAX ability?
Looking at a video, it seems pretty dumb.
10% more damage and a fuckton more move speed.

ZOE max's could fucking chase down the other factions TANKS and fuck them up, it was six months plus of fucking hell for TR and NC and SOEOnline refused to fix it because "We have nothing else for VS"

Then they made NC Aegis shield useless and Lockdown near useless but both factions rarely used either so they nerfed ZOE into an acceptable state and all was right in the world again

And it was a 10% boost and a timer at the end, before you took only 10% additional damage but had a 25% attack boost AND COULD RUN AROUND LIKE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ALL FUCKING DAY LONG BECAUSE IT HAD NO ENERGY USE

It was so beyond fucking bullshit

Enjoy video of the fucking shit we put up with for over 6 months

Lockdown is insanely good for mass Pounder MAX/engineer/medic point room holds

Also reminder the real reason ZOE got a nerf was because SOEO was bleeding NC and TR users at an astronomical rate

And Wrel wanted to bring that version of ZOE back for fucks sakes, this is why nobody ever listens to Wrel

Fun Fact:

The first thing Daybreak did after buying SOE's properties is removed all faction devs, and forced them to be impartial

That's why shit be a fuckton more balanced now vs back then, hell you can even hit shit with TR rifles at range now!

Thanks for putting up with me gang, I had no idea what I was doing.

Sounds about right

Sad like their game

How good do you lads think Planetside 2 is doing right now in development and playerbase?

You guys never had to deal with the balance during the alpha, around the time they first added unlockable vehicle weapons. That was the birth of Magrider bullshit, NC dominating the skies with their Reavers, and Scatmaxes being twice as strong as they currently are.

Holy fuck, I can't contain my alt tab autism. I didn't miss those crashes.

Can somebody post the potato settings thing?
My game somehow reset everything after my power went out.

Here
ULTIMATE POTATO GUIDE FOR POTATO PLAYERS
This handy guide will show you how to get 30-60 FPS on 8 years old hardware be sure to inquire nacho as to what constitutes as 8 years old hardware
1) Your user.ini should look like this:
[Rendering]
OverallQuality=-1
GraphicsQuality=1
TextureQuality=4
ShadowQuality=0
LightingQuality=2
EffectsQuality=0
TerrainQuality=0
FloraQuality=0
ModelQuality=0
RenderDistance=500.000000
ParticleLOD=0
ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
FogShadowsEnable=0
VSync=0
AO=0
MaximumFPS=60
UseLod0a=0
BloomEnabled=0
MotionBlur=0
Smoothing=0
GpuPhysics=0
[Terrain]
RenderFlora=Off
2) Your resolution for the sake of maximizing FPS on potato-tier hardware is recommended to be:
1280x7XX at 75% rendering
to strike a balance between being able to see shit and being able to actually hit it.
3) Go to the control panel of your grafix card of choice and allow forced override in global settings (nvidia specific), then create a special rule for planetside2_x64.exe:
Override AA transparency to OFF
Override AA to 2x
Override AF to 2x
4) If you are using an AMD CPU, especially if its the dreaded Phenom kind, unpark the FUCK out of it.
5) Force the executable to avoid using core 0 of your CPU.
6) Set rendering distance to minimum (500) when defending or attacking a base.
CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW HAVE 40 FPS ON AVERAGE MORE THAN BEFORE
Furthermore:
WARNING
ENTERING TURBOPOTATO AREA
WARNING
7) Set your LOD algorithm to dynamic
UseLod0a=1
This is only to be used on MAXIMUM potato GPUs as a last resort
What it does is change the LOD scheme from a 3-stage to a fluent one, effectively reducing maximum and minimum LOD overall.
WARNING
EXITING TURBOPOTATO AREA
WARNING

Thanks, user.

If you aren't helping to mine salt soon, I'm going to be upset.

I was on today, it's just that those settings randomly disappeared from my user.ini file when my power went out as some point.

So long as salt is mined.

Is that the maximum range at which players and player objects are rendered?

Don't know, it's been floating around in the threads for a little while and nobody's bothered to check up on it.

Someone once told me as a joke that "the cert grind is the game", and I think I'm gonna have to agree. This game is getting stale. No difference ever, Indar is a shitshow, Esamir is constant biolab fights and no one plays the other 2. Same shit always, guns don't feel any different, shotguns are worthless, ESFs rape infantry and nothing ever changes aside from mindless shooting at your enemy.
I think I'm gonna take a break from this game.

Yes, that is what it is.
I have it on 700 because I didn't have any performance drop for it, but 500 is pretty much optimal for most things.

For future reference, if we're getting fucked and no one is having any fun, tell me so we can fuck off out of this shithole at some point. I can't tell because I'm just trying to make sure the beacon is up and I'm shooting people in the face. Just voice your criticisms, guys. It's disheartening watch the squad go from twelve to five because of a shit fight.

t. Downsyndrome Ritis

Pick fights that are between 45 and 55 pop

Harassers are fun as fuck so do that for a bit if people get burned out on failed ops.

Redeploy away from the 5+ kdr "We're totally legit and not cheaters" outfits.

Shit you guys are back?
How many people are on usually now?

I'm late I know but why the fuck haven't anyone of you fags posted this already?

About 20, usually, if not more later in the night. Could be 30 at times.

I've noticed that during the good hours we have a full squad, but most of the time you're lucky to find more than 6 people online.

I have issues playing the game for more than an hour and a half.

Oh shit, i didn't realize we were back at it, wait for me niggers.
t.bilbo

Get out buddy

10-15 normally, 30-40 on a weekend evening.

Get in here you saucy nigger

Oy vey no fun allowed

Mine that salt, user.
Just remember to play "It Ain't Me," AKA Fortunate Son or "All Along the Watchtower," while getting podded.

save screenshots from TK and mass report them

WWEW LAD

Mine more salt lads

Maybe he shouldn't lodging his head up your asshole, then.

beta tbh

where are the webms eggman?

This is one of many reasons I hate G2G vehicle fights in PS2, especially vs. Magriders. If they know they're going to lose, all they have to do is ram you and the game's fucky physics will finish you off

how does it feel to know the outfit causes salt by merely existing

The best part is that we haven't been back for longer than a few days at the longest. This means they remember us and the rear wound's never fully healed.

it's in their dna to get salty at wwew.

Have they done it?

yeah I'm gg'ing, hopefully I can get on when more people are on tomorrow because playing on a dead continent against shit-eating autists (and gooks) with a higher autism-budget than chris chan with 6 people just isn't fun.

BallersGait here wants to crash some galaxies with no survivors
I'm like right next to a few of our members, can hear someone micspamming and I'm not sure he's one of ours

I type in wwew in the outfit finder and that shit does not come up
what the fuck

try the full name Spicy Spokes Serf Slayers

Feels pretty good.

Did i travel back a few months in time?

We're getting the band back together.

Are you gathering up somewhere outside planetside 2 and project reality? And is this the first recent thread?

I guess I could get back into this again with WWEW.

But whats the common number of people playing lately?

not really, we just coalesce into a game, typically one that's free and requires a tad bit of teamwork.

Second thread, third if you count the poor unfortunate user's thread who innocently asked about Planetside 2 and unwittingly revived us all

So you're saying we're becoming a hidden force, the few chosen ones who will answer when the salt farming duty calls?

wwew lad

He was pretty dumb, honestly.

We've become mmo-autism's reckoing

reckoning*

You guys still playing rn?

it's not very fun to play TR emerald late at night because of the massive underpop. You'll find one or two late nighters but most of us went to bed

holy shit, what was the kill count from that?

The difference here is that nobody died in that webm.

0 from what I remember reading about it.

That's good, probably scared the shit out of them though.

Everyone had parachutes, including both pilots

Someone post the wwew max crash webm.

Posting this for old time's sake

HOL UP

U SAYIN WE WUZ TERRANS AND SHIT?

DAYUM

QueenWeWuz here, strong independent black woman who don't need no vanu

I feel like I've just experienced a rite of passage

FUCK

YUGAMI NE NA!

What I don't get is that they make the effort to send you a message instead of just muting.

something about wanting to feel in power with a touch of stupidity

SOON

Even though muting isn't as easy in this game outside of turning off ingame chat completely, they really need you to know that they'd rather be a bitch about it.

Trenchcoat? Nope it's just some kind of thick leather skirt with armor plates on it. What is that supposed to be, and what else is going to be stuffed in the bundle with it for $40 worth of Goybreak points?

From what I've gathered from plebbit, this is a player made armor set, AVA.

So far, he's got 4 out of the 5 classes done.

It's literally pressing one key while someone's using the microphone.

i still think the prowler is the best tant, at least for anti infantry action. NC is king in tank on tank so long as you drop enough good boy points on it.

explain

Prowlers absolutely require a second gunner while the other tanks generally don't. The map design on every continent overall discourages Prowlers from fighting in the ways they're best meant for, except for in Esamir, but nobody likes Esamir.

Hey, NCbro was a at a fight we were at and killed a few of us, whats up faggot?
I almost had you too.

Because the continent has one fucking tech plant and MBTs don't last long when it takes 30 seconds for BR 120 tranus in a maxed out liberator show up after you leave the warpgate.

Whoever it was that was repairing my Valkyrie deserves a fucking medal. Through this I learned that Valk-chan is actually preddy gud after the 360 degree buff it got. Just need a gunner and a repair slut and you will become a A2G god.

Fucking hard to kill anyone with the hellion though, Only managed to tag 2 tanks all that time

I might try the Wyvern next time. As much as I love BRRRRT it's not really effective especially with how spazzy I fly my Valk-chan.

Ancient Battlefield 2 secret until they patched it out then patched it back in a few years later. Also works with Harassers.

When someone is talking over voice and you want them to stop talking, press enter on your numpad, it mutes them.

minus and plus decrease and increase their volume respectively. Makes it easy to fine tune some dudes who you can't hear, or are way too fucking loud without going through the utter mess that is the game's UI

I started playing TR the other day, and I fucking love the T9 carv

Now I wish NC had a high RPM dakkagun

I feel inadequate using anything other than the NS15-M against orions or beetlegeusefags, and either the bull got nerfed or I lost my touch with it.

Have you heard the good word of the MSW-R

Have you heard the even better word of the T7 Chaingun?

I find the MSW-R to be pretty trashy unless its at point blank, and at that point aiming the thing is hell because every fucking vannie ADADADADADADADAs like an autist which actually fucks up planetsides hitboxes significantly

I just turned off ingame chat wholesale when the game launched and never looked back.

When the update finally hit and everyone went limp when the new content was just a single pissing NS LMG, construction junk, and the $40 goypoints armor bundles reddit predictably got butthurt over the bundle being so overpriced and individual armors not being available. RadarX implied that the price would drop after a while and/or individual sets would become available in the future but not before insulting and belittling people in the thread (despite being a community manager) which lead to redditors getting even more assmad because no one ever learns their fucking lesson to not talk shit to their only customers or send reddit into yet another bitchfit.

When it's okay to send reddit into a bitchfit and antagonize them:
When you ban cheaters and they get their friends together to whine on reddit about how you're legit and this ban is shitty and a false positive it and DBG sucks at everything.

That is when it's okay to go "U mad bro?", "enjoy your ban, it's not being overturned :^)", and "btw we banned all your alt accounts too, and HWID banned you."

When it's not okay to send reddit into a bitchfit and antagonize them:
When you try to jew the player base over with overpriced cosmetics or pay to win items.

Nu-uh.

Can you guys accept Einzenwald to the outfit?

It's a bit wonky on harassers though and you tend to get shot out a lot.
t. heal/repairslut

That's a gay name

The issue with harassers is the fact that the third seat is so open and shots tend to hit the person there when running away.

MUH DIKK

This. I really wish there was a shield there, even just a weak one

If they make the shield and lock it behind certs I'd be upset.

And your backseat engineer's repair rate is less than half of what it would be if he was on foot.

I think it's for "balance", but the fact that it's so easy to get shot out of it would be enough to balance it.

Put meem and youll be in wwew

not gonna lie, I would shekels for these. Though I play as a QT waifu so I'm hoping there's a female set. If not then no shekels.

But damn that's some nice art.

Gonne be honest nig, this game requires the most cooperation ever to actually have a good time in my experience. Playing without mics is just fucked in so many ways. You're wwew? I couldn't imagine a non-social PS2 session. I might as well play a different game at that point.

Any recommendations for a primary gun for heavy assault? I want that mini chaingun on principle alone. Would my certs be better spent on a more complimentary sidearm?

Gauss SAW, the best one.
Oh wait you're TR scum.

The Carv is pretty good, but the MSW-R is good for a second option for closer-range fights.

Just buy the mini chaingun, it`s not the best weapon in all situations but it sure is the best choice fun wise

I like the chaingun quite a lot. I like the firerate increase attachment over the increased magazine but that's because I tend to bash my head against defenses until it breaks.

So has anybody else realized the joy of running Icarus Jump Jets with a shotgun? Or counter-sniping Vanu at 300 meters?

If you're going to meme, the best LMG is the Orion.

For all the diffrences burgers and TR have, noone likes the Tranu

gaining insight on common sense is a necessity for the modern person since they lack it

Yes, but they still have the best LMG.

Its the only way to fight in tech labs

Holy fuck I am smug. Look at that goddamn bounty count.

I'm blind. What was the bounty?
Burger Scum

This is the lightning's true power against enemy vehicles. I've done it so many times it's not even funny.

NC JUST TOOK THE FUCKING BIOLAB

GET FUCKED TR CUNTS WE'RE TAKING ESAMIR WITH NO SURVIVORS

That was a VS biolab ya idjit.

You may have won the biolab, but we won the meme war.

Eh, you can have it.

I said get fucked TR because VS as always were losers, and you were the closest to winning.

Live free in the NC. Get fucked facist cunts.

You know you can't deep fry anything on Esamir because it's too cold, right?

Freedom aint freeā„¢ as you lot say.

Considering ice cream can be deep fried, they can just deep fry the snow the snow if they really want too. After paying for it of course.

Call us when you've taken the Crown.

Better to pay for my snow then to starve.

Muh crown, muh crown, the TRfag says after losing another continent.

Yes goy, buy your snow.

Yes proletariat, your snow belongs to everyone.

For the good of the people.

The AssM4N's in town and he wants to join.

Another continent liberated, another day of domination.
Typical NC stuff.

Is that from taking outposts or locking continents? Don't the Tranu regardless of server tend to abandon continents in alert to ghost cap the other regardless of their current population?

Haven't seen you fags win a single continent today :^)

So you're saying that NC doing well today is an exception to the rule?

nod an argument

Actually according to ps2.fisu.pw/alert/ the alerts have been pretty even lately, aside from VS shittery.

You don't have an argument either you little shit

Any stats for actual continent locks? Alerts are pretty even, yeah, but you can still win if you lose the alert.

About the same ps2.fisu.pw/control/?world=17 but it only goes back 2 days. Also thread is kill.

MackHandsome here to remove burgers and tranu.

Guess I'll shekel up tomorrow and get all of the construction shit.
Let the autism bases commence!

And put the fucking hive up last, it may aswell be called an enemy spawnpoint considering you usually get attacked instantly after it's on the minimap.

So long as you don't lock turrets, I'm fine. Anyone who does that should be shot. Same for sundies.

I've got AI modules and most of the turrets, so I can help fortify it. Yell at me when you're on
t. darth

I think it would be a cool idea to give a person a free bounty once every, like, week or so. Just so they're used more often by all sides to accelerate the bounty directives because it takes literally years of normal play to get enough even if you do focus on those directives.

If it didn't cost 50 certs to set a single bounty, I think people would use them more. There's no reason people at low levels to set a bounty, because they would most likely be spending certs on upgrades and weapons and wouldn't be willing to lose 50 certs for something they probably don't have much information on. People at high levels either don't give a shit, or are anally pained enough to use it but since they're so high leveled, they usually have weapons to wipe the floor with most people.

New thread soon?

Someone said they wanted to see the "Plane Scene"?

Since we can do 12 mb webms can someone try and fit in the whole video?

So you want a shielded MAX shooting his 500 damage HEAT poz loads while sitting on a Harasser.

NEW
E
WWEW

full retard, etc

The easiest way to make it work is not have it shield a MAX.