Dark Cloud 2

I just found out that Dark Cloud 2 was on the PS4. How does it compare to the PS2? Did they cut content? Did they add any thing new? How's the performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/trophies/4723-Wild-Arms-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's the same game, but with some graphical bugs since it's upscaled on a emulator.

what the fuck?

It's the exact same game just upscaled and with trophies. Just emulate it because Dark Cloud 3 is never happening

It's PS2 Classic, as in emulated PS2 game in 2x resolution.

You can literally emulate on PC and get better experience.

That's upsetting…

Not so sure I want a Dark Cloud 3 especially when taking in account all the current bullshit.

Nothing to cut, and the game was piss easy for the 6 years old me so I can't imagine now 6 years later

Damn, my toaster can emulate 6x with out frame drops.

post monica lewds

user…

Well they didn't cut that.

Maybe my reading comprehension is off tonight, but if the implication is that you're twelve now, you have to go back.

Does that happen with all the PS2 games they've made playable with the PS4 as "HD" rereleases? Don't have a PS4 here, but it's got me wondering.

more like dank cloud 2 amirite?

I wanna smash that pussy.

I don't think Sony's ever had anything cut for a PSN rerelease. With the ones the PS3 had, they seemed to have to be 1:1 rereleases, which might have actually factored into to why some games didn't get up there (I've heard rumor that the PS1 version of Breath of Fire III didn't properly credit something and thus didn't get up there, while the PSP port eventually did). Could be wrong though.

it's common enough just by virtue of being emulation. Really, if you want to play these games it is always best on the original hardware.

Yeah, I've still got a PS2 that works just fine, so PS4 having upscaled PS2 games with added trophies not in the originals isn't a huge plus for me. Though maybe if they've actually toss some more expensive stuff up as cheap rereleases, like .hack, it might be. Certainly doesn't help when the system isn't even backwards compatible with anything physically either, so I've got good reason to keep both my PS2 and PS3.] around.

Really, the trophies is where I'd expect bullshit to happen for rereleases, either as a dig at content that wouldn't be acceptable in current year or to push some shit with whatever they opt to name it. Though I suppose it would depend on how much of a faggot the person in charge of deciding those might be, and what SCEA/SCEE might let them get away with. Makes me worry about if anything happened with Wild Arms 3's rerelease in terms of trophy names.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a major gameplay impediment or anything, it's just the nature of upscaling something that was never meant to be upscaled. I think I preferred how the PS3 did PS2 emulation, keeping everything at native res.

Makes me worry about if anything happened with Wild Arms 3's rerelease in terms of trophy names.
Never played it, but you can check the trophy list here:
psnprofiles.com/trophies/4723-Wild-Arms-3

Well, I suppose it's good that everything looks to be fine. Even the "Clever Girl" one is simply due to the Millennium Puzzle segments being something where Virginia is the only screen character for and some of the puzzles are actually pretty challenging. Also, might be just me, but I'd have expected more trophies given how much content there is to do with the game.

HD Rereleases are lazy as a rule or just plain bad. I'm impressed they'd actually emulate it and only fuck up with just rescaling.

It's not that big a deal mang, the fact they didn't touch anything except adding trophies and some rescaling it could've been a lot worse.

Most of Sony's PSone and PS2 classics are running on shite emulators.
Semi off topic: People shit on Nintendo for their VC but honestly they're the best official (And considering a majority of unofficial ones) emulators in the business, and a lot of the time the best emulators in general. And then there is the pricing, which Sony somehow manages to overprice everything as well. Nintendo at least enforces a standardized pricing across all games on a system, but Sony just let Developers name a price which causes games to vary from 10 bucks to 30 depending on how rare it is physically.

In short: Sony's Classic collection is just cancer.

I dunno about the emulator quality, but I disagree that Nintendo's pricing is better. Most PS1/2 classics are either $6 or $10, and they have sales pretty often. Plus the PS1 classics that are compatible with multiple systems you only have to buy once to play on any of them, while Nintendo makes you rebuy VC games with every new system.

Dunno where you saw a $30 classic game.

PSN classic game prices generally do vary in price at the publisher's whim, but at the same time I do not recall seeing any of them exceed $10 each as the normal price, and I think the PS4 PS2 rereleases tend to be about $15. There's also the fact that many of them find their way into cheap flash sales, though of course, it depends on the publisher as to what gets into sales and how much they get marked down by. The PSN also has the benefit that, at least for the PS3, PSP, and Vita, most PS1 games bought should work on all of them (the Vita admittedly has some whitelist issues Sony doesn't seem to acknowledge), and with purchases being tied to account you don't need to rebuy them or jump through as many hoops to reacquire them if you replace or get a new system.

Not that Sony doesn't have their own issues, but if you ask me they handle digital purchases better. I certainly wish that some PS3 games weren't digital only here though.

Both Sega and Atari have/had way better rereleases.

Sony is worse than nintendo. I know its the new meme and flavor to hate on nintendo ATM ( and rightfully so), but Sony has always been worse than nintendo.

Pobably because that would require actual effort

How does Dark Cloud 2 hold up against one? I remember getting to the final boss in the first one and never winning back in the day but it was an excellent game. I found out later that there was a Dark Cloud 2 and it looks like happy fun time rainbows and faggots. Is it worth playing? I feel like it lost alot of it's characters when it dropped the dark atmosphere. I was going to say it looked like it went the weeb route but I just remembered there is a fucking cat girl in the first Dark Cloud

DC2 is much better than 1

I distantly remember playing the first one sometime in my youth a lot when visiting a friend, but never knew there was a second game.
I started playing yesterday and it seems really well done. Graphics that are quite beatiful when using a high resolution, fun and engaging gameplay and upgrade variations.
It has a really comfortable atmosphere and just reminds me how games made me feel when I was younger, I like it a lot.

It's not unheard of.