Animal Crossing Direct

Since I didn't see a thread on this.

Let's discuss the surprise Animal Crossing Direct that just happened.

tfw still no console announcement

tl;dr

Thoughts? I love the free mini games being added. Puzzle League hype

Other urls found in this thread:

animal-crossing.com/amiibo/collections/new-leaf-amiibo-cards
marcrobledo.com/apps/acnl-editor/
youtube.com/watch?v=LLYTGgXMdMU
ebay.com/itm/like/172013770131?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/animal-crossing-new-leaf-3ds
animal-crossing.com/amiibo/collections/new-leaf-amiibo-cards/#
reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5auape/all_your_questions_about_selling_your_town/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I might just play New Leaf again because of this. But it makes me wonder why are they just getting around to doing all of this.

Probably to save face for the disaster that was Amiibo Festival.

Another idea I had was maybe the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards aren't selling well since no one likes Amiibo Festival, and most people who play Happy Home Designer don't even use Amiibos. So adding Amiibo support to a game people already like would potentially boost sales as people would find more use out of the Amiibo villagers.

PUZZLE LEAGUE
PUZZLE LEAGUE
PUZZLE LEAGUE
PUZZLE LEAGUE

This upsets me greatly. If New Leaf had this function it would be the absolute perfect Animal Crossing game for me. That's all I want to change.

I'm hyped too user. Let's go.

OH MY GOD

Also OC

QR code for the update .cia when? too impatient to wait for freeshop and too lazy to download and put on SD card.

So, how does special amiibo characters work? Like the splatoon sisters and zelda characters. Do they move to your town if scanned or are they only for shows like the van ones? Or the van characters can also move in?

Apparently the cards finally let your dream villagers move in without abusing the new character+reset loophole and/or hacking your town. So it isn't entirely bad

You act like this is a new concept for AC

The Amiibos work like the campsite. When you tap an Amiibo, that villager will show up in an RV at the RV park.

There's also that ghost called Wisp who will turn into certain villagers too when you tap the Amiibo.

Can we fuck Epona yet?

You already made a thread on furry.

You have to go back

Also why is Ganondorf a pig

Are you shallow?

Because of his Ganon form, have you ever played a Zelda game?

Get the fuck out of my house you dumb shit

Those were the only two things I wanted Nintendo you fucking useless cunts

are you a hillbilly?

amiibo is shit.

I'll play whatever games, but I'm never ever fucking buying an amiibo.
I bought Splatoon because it was fine without amiibo. I bought Mario Kart 8 and Smash for the same reasons. I'll probably buy new Zelda if amiibo doesn't fucking ruin it.
If amiibo ever becomes a core aspect of a game, to the point that the game is crippled without it, I'm never fucking touching it.

There is so much shit that would be good to have in town

Thanks for the blog update

I don't have a problem with amiibos (dlc and toys-to-life is not gonna die shits been aroynd for years and just getting bigger), but Nitendo has pretty much offered me nothing that I would spend money for.
I don't like smash.
Don't care about mii costumes in MK8, because Mii is for gays.
Don't care about Splatoon costumes.
And I definitely don't want them for display.

They're neat little statuette collectibles that Nintendo wouldn't otherwise make back in the day.

Repsonse to this

(checked)

Hey, maybe in the next game.

Animal Crossing Switch never ever

Bill

I found Wisp, deer town here I come

I refuse to go back until they let me pass an ordinance to keep people from moving away. I don't want to feel like I absolutely have to play it just to keep my villagers from leaving. It makes me resent the game when I want a break from it but can't take one without losing a character I like. I miss you Kid Cat

I share the name with that one blue deer dude.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a sound idea, and I think it's a cool thing that they can unlock little things in-game, I'm just pointing out that lots of people aren't going to want to ever buy them. I don't want figurines. So far, they don't bother me, because I never will play amiibo party or anything of the like, but as soon as they release a game with amiibo being a paywall for real features, people are going to shit. Smash was passable, because the amiibo feature actually used amiibos in a unique way that made it more than a paywall.

People are bringing up the e-reader cards, but I don't think it's fully comparable, because the cards could be slipped as a bonus thing into other games, other merch, cereal boxes, and even were on a bunch of pokemon cards. "amiibo" doesn't have the same advantages, as even the cards need a chip inside. You can't just print them on a card.

What sucks about Smash is that you can't put your voice onto your Mii fighter in the 3DS version. "Both versions will be the same," my ass.

They already sort of did with Fire Emblem. Four characters, each with a unique weapon and voice lines, plus accessories related to each character, and replica weapons designed to look like their unique ones. Nothing huge, but not obtainable without amiibo. I think the Mega Man collection on 3DS did something like that too, but it comes with the amiibo you need. And Shovel Knight 3DS/Wii U has features locked behind that amiibo, too.

The Amiibos are pretty much the only way from keeping people from leaving. It's bullshit I know.

Guess I'll just back up my save somewhere and never play again, then. Just like with Wild World and City Folk. The only one that I didn't have this problem with was the original. I guess because I was a kid and didn't care.

There really is no merit to playing the game. I can't get comfy when I want, since it has to be day time for anything real to happen. Plus, unlocking all the event buildings (like the fucking police station) are random and have no set way of obtaining them. Once you have all the bells you could want, and have set up your house however you want, then there's no point. All the animal neighbors have preset personalities that immediately makes one lose interest in, and any other fun one can squeeze out of the series is to use your imagination, pretending this animal said this, or this animal said that, and are fucking each other. It really is a boring mess of dumb shit no one likes.

The good news is we don't need Amiibos to get the Wii U and 3DS furniture items required to unlock the two minigames. You can just buy them from Harvey (That dog hippy.)

Friendly reminder that NoA fucking stole our waifus.

How do I get this update fam?
Asking for a friend

Eshop

(checked)

Just download it from the eShop. It's live right now.

And how many of these things am I going to be able to get hold of without paying for amiibos and similar total bullshit?

Thanks friendos

A lot of stuff you can just buy from Harvey by completing his daily quests. Don't know about the Splatoon and Zelda furniture though.

I think it's Splatoon and Zelda goodies along with a handful of AC amiibo character-specific stuff. How much of it is uncertain.

The zero suit is the biggest autism signifier ever made by Nintendo

I'm not sure if this will make me pick up the game again.
Being able to dictate who lives in my village kills a bit of the fun for me. I like having that bit of randomness. So amiibo feature is already out.
New furniture seems nice and the daily quests is interesting, I suppose. The minigames look okay, but not exactly a big seller.
House decoration improvements + 9 pages of storage is probably the biggest quality of life improvement imo & being able to sell your town to start over, which I'll probably do to make things feel fresh seeing as I haven't played in years.

But still. This still won't reclaim the comfy feels I had from wild world.
I blame the island & being able to constantly grind beetles for stacks of bells ruining the fun of developing my town & house. Maybe I'll try to avoid visiting the island in my next town.
I just don't know if I can muster the will to care after all this time.

What are ya, gay?

More content is always welcomed. This is good. glad to see Animal Crossing love.

Gives me hope for Smash 4 for the Switch ultimate edition

As long as I can buy the Wii U and 3DS without the need for Amiibos, then I'm good. I really want those minigames.

I believe they showed versions you can get without amiibos. They did show a non-XL New 3DS ingame with K.K.'s faceplates as exclusive to scanning K.K.'s amiibo. Whether that's any K.K. card or just the figure one…

yes

Having watched the trailer, I'm actually really disappointed they didn't add in a way to make my villagers stay. The new stuff sounds cool but I still don't want to go back in without that option.

Maleherm with boobs~

So how the fuck do you actually sell your town? I want to start over but I can't find any option for it.

IS A CONSOLE MONSTER HUNTER AND ANIMAL CROSSING TOO MUCH TO ASK??

Nintendo confirms you can unlock the Wii U and 3DS furniture items with fortune cookies from the Nook store. So you can get them and unlock the new minigames without Amiibos. However, if you tap an Amiibo you can unlock it instantly.

The Splatoon items can only be bought if you have a Callie or Marie Amiibo.

Not with the Inkling ones, huh? That's disappointing. I got an Inkling one as a gift but it's not one of the named ones.

Yeah the Inkling ones do jackshit. Only Callie and Marie do something for it has their cats come to your town in RVs. The Squid Amiibo can make Wisp turn into a Squid form Inkling, but that doesn't really do anything compared to the Callie and Marie ones.

I'm kinda disappointed that you don't get new CDs for your radio that play Splatoon music. And why can't the Inkling Amiibos at keast unlock me the furniture, when all the Zelda Amiibos do?

I figured it would have some splatoon items too, I guess.

Found a list on tumblr of all the shit the update adds so far :

Amiibo functionality, invite characters to park in a special new area. Works with all AC Amiibo, the cards, Splatoon and Zelda Amiibo.

Wisp appears once you progress to a certain point (unfortunately this is a bit vague)
Amiibo villagers can be talked to, invited to camp, or invited to live in your town permanently from Wisp
Wisp can only grant one wish per day
If your town is full but you want an amiibo to move in, you can kick out one of your existing villagers by choice
You can use amiibo cards to move a villager back in even if they have not cleared the cycle

Amiibo camera that allows you to take photos with villagers

HHD’s decorating mechanics added once you have the necessary upgrades. Talk to Lottie at Nook’s Homes in order to unlock
Requires house to have a second floor and new secret storeroom upgrade
Clothes can now be hung on walls
Storeroom upgrade provides tons of new storage space

MEOW coupons, a new currency from doing tasks. Used for purchasing items at the RV park store and furniture inside RVs.
MEOW coupons can be exchanged for bells at the ATM at a rate of 3,000 bells per coupon
Tasks are now displayed on your TPC

New minigames obtained by having the WiiU/N3DS furniture
Desert Island Escape
Puzzle League

Special items and furniture if you link up save data from HHD

Can liquidate your town assets when resetting your town.
Can choose to either keep catalogue or sell for more bells
Money can be gained instantly as one giant sum or as 100 daily payments with 10% interest

Ability to silence people in Club Tortimer

New island minigames

Ability to sit on rocks

New villagers brought back from older AC games

Free weeding if you haven’t been to your town in a while

Nintendo 3DS image share can now be used in-game

Balloons no longer exclusively contain balloon furniture and can now drop any kind of furniture

You can now shake trees with a net or fishing rod equipped

New items obtainable through fortune cookies including the Wii U and N3DS furniture

Your character’s arms will now match the color of your mii mask

New clothes/accessories
Some are only obtainable through amiibo villagers

You can now interact with furniture items while sitting near them

Glitches have been patched (RIP net glitch)

Some of those definitely makes me want to get back into that fucking game. Almost 700 hours, and I'm only including new leaf, with the previous ones I'm potentially reaching several thousand hours

FUCKING FINALLY

Also see if it's possible to get Splatoon items outside of the Callie and Marie Amiibos.

Haven't found such a thing. Everything I've read so far assumed you need the amiibo to get that specific furniture.
Found more stuff though :
Amiibo cards of special characters such as Isabelle can be used to get their pictures

Villagers now have extended time on when they will move out (more time to convince them otherwise)

All you did was prove him right

Can you decide where new houses pop up yet?
I won't care about the game again until they fix that

Nothing indicating that yet. But, to be fair, once a house-post has appeared to show that a new villager is coming, you can restart your day without saving and the post will be in a different spot. Still semi-random though (semi because it will be chosen according to how much space there is in your town here and there)

That would cannibalize Virtual Console sales if they did that today

True, I guess.

It'd still be absolutely amazing if there was the possibility to play the virtual console games installed on your 3DS from a console in the house or something.

Doesn't matter since there's the NES Classic Edition and emulators. They don't have to make a large library, just a few NES games like Balloon Fight would be okay.

the guy doing the voice acting in this video sounds so dead on the inside

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring them back in the next Animal Crossing game but lock them behind amiibo.

So wait, if you sell your town, does it mean you get to keep the gathered stuff in the museum or not?

From what I gathered, I don't think so, but the "value" of the town is higher I think if the museum is full, so you get more dosh. I think.Haven't seen a confirmation of that, it's just my understanding.

Honestly that doesn't seem all that appealing to me then. I wanted to start a new town, fresh, but this update didn't really bring that much.

Well it basically lets you restart the full thing just with a fuckton of money from the very start. I'd say it's kinda worth it.

Dude, you can get a horn hat if you use a pattern hat. You dingus.

While shitty, it's not like we can't just play them off of emulators anyway.

The money is not that important. Making money in New Leaf is easy as shit with the Island. Hunting for bugs and fish through the entirety of the year? Jesus man, that is WAY more valuable.

Can visitors play puzzle league with you?

Haven't tried it since I don't have any Amiibos. Someone with an Amiibo mind testing that out?

What do the Isabelle and Digby amiibos do?

this

Well shit

Otherwise not bad

You have shit taste in art

That's lewd.

I just wrote a bunch of lewd letters to some of my villagersDo they share messages they've received with visitors?

They do, they even share the letters if they move to another town

Yesnow they all know how much of a pervert you are

This is a minigame originally from AC:amiibo Festival. Don't worry it's not a bad thing, I remember reviews saying it was one of the best minigames from it.

I remember the reason they were including in the GCN version was because NES games were "old" and since there was a generation who had played them they saw it as a good was for that new generation of players to be able to access them. And then of course there was the GBA NES ports followed by the Wii VC (and now NES CE like mentioned) making them legal? access to those games easier.

The single NES title is a nice idea, but if Nintendo wanted to do use old Nintendo games that no one play anymore, they should tap into their old Game & Watch game library. They sold them on DSiWare and they could easily put a selection of them in the next AC. (Because no one would be purchasing them at their current price point).

They have already kind of done that with amiibo tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits for Wii U that timed "play sections" of NES and SNES of random VC titles.

I just want to point out that Ganon is in his Oracle games design. And people say they don't acknowledge the capcom games.

I want the knot

Digby is wearing a skirt. Obviously he doesn't have a cock.

nice

finally i won't have to juggle with my furniture whenever i get something good

So is this all shit they had planned for a Wii U AC but then figured they should just add it to the 3DS one?

so has anyone got a full list of all the individual items that got added in this update?

Because NoA Fucking fucked the shit out of that game. In Japan they got a F2P version you can download right off the eshop and play as long as you have compatible Amiibos, they also had a physical edition that cost the same price of the two amiibos it came with.

MEANWHILE IN BURGLER-LAND: NoA axes not only the F2P release but they don't release it digitally AT ALL, and they hiked the physical version up to 40 fucking bucks.

You need to? furniture is the first thing I sell when I'm out of room because when you get the kiosk upgrade you can buy it all back.

MUH DICK
Here's hoping Japanese artists do their thing

I didn't know this, this is amazing.

YOU'RE TELLING ME ALL THIS FUCKING TIME THAT I LOATHED AC TURNING INTO CRAP
IT WAS JUST NOA BEING FUCKING JEWS?

I want Digby to use me as a human condom so he can finally release those urges and fuck his sister.
While Isabelle is still horny, I get Digby to start fucking her. Digby promises to pull out before he comes. As soon as he is about to cum, I start fucking Digby in his boypussy. He will say "please stop, I need to pull out!" and I fuck him harder. Eventually I get him to knot Isabelle and the pleasure of getting fucked in the ass will get him to impregnate his sister.
I want to join Tom Nook in fucking his sons' boypussies.
I want the Able sisters to take turns playing with me. Labelle will be the assertive one and Sable and Mable will be the virgins who follow her commands.
I want to shove my carrot down Carmen's rabbit hole and fill her nougat.
I want sandniggercat to treat me like a [sex] slave.
I want to take turns with Blathers cumming inside of Celeste.
I want to rape Marshal's cute boy ass in front of the whole town.

slow down there user.

nigga you gay

delete this

Did they add more storage to the game that was already severely lacking in storage space?

Did they give you some sort of control over where villagers move in so that they don't pick the worst possible place every single time?

Yes. You can get a 'secret storage room' that is with you everywhere you go and is basically aa closet. 4 different parts of it with 9 sections for each.

I'm not sure about that one, but Wisp now allows you to kick people out to make room for more people. I'm guessing that this can be easily used to kick out people who move into stupid spots.

Wisp also allows you to get back villagers that moved out and haven't cleared the 16-villager cycle yet… although you need that villager's amiibo card for that.

That is a level of kikery that I was not prepared to deal with. The sad thing is, I think I understand why they did it.

It is time to go back

I wish to have Zell fill my anal womb

I don't like it, it looks small and this just opens the door for paid DLC when we should be getting a new fucking game.

The house decoration change is neat though.

So I got both the 3DS and the Wii U furniture items, so now I can play the minigames. Had to do a shitload of time travel and spend a lot of Play Coins on Fortune Cookies to get them but they're finally mine. RIP Frobert. Why did you have to leave instead of Alfonso?

A reminder before the review: If you don't want to grind for Play Coins and go through Fortune Cookie RNG like I did, you can buy the 3DS and Wii U items instantly from an Amiibo RV. They only cost 3 MEOW coupons each.

So, here's my analysis of the two games:

It's a complete port of the minigame from Amiibo Festival, so no complaints there. It's a nice little turn based strategy in the style of Civilization only with an island survival theme.

Word of caution, this game requires Amiibos to play. If you don't have any Amiibos, then you'll have to spend Play Coins to play. It's two per character for a max of three characters.

This is arguably the best thing they added in the whole update, minus the Splatoon items of course. I fucking loved the Puzzle League series, specifically the Pokemon versions, and to see it come back after all these years is a breath of freah air. It even feels like a full Puzzle League game too, with a story mode, time attack, and more. Best part is you don't need Amiibos to play it, and it doesn't restrict you with Play Coins either. All Amiibos do is unlock exclusive power ups, but you can just use your default power up with is destroying a full horizontal row. I highly recommend anyone who downloads the update to play this now.

One bonus fact is the minigames have the 3DS and Wii U loading screens. Just a nice touch I thought was charming.

You better have a fucking QR code user.

Man, I just want to play the puzzle league game now but I deleted my town.

This makes me want to restart my town, I haven't really touched ACNL since early 2015. A new start would be refreshing, especially in comfy season.
Here's hoping a proper Animal Crossing comes out on the Switch or the 3DS's successor.

I'm going to need a QR for both that bedsheet and the uniform I see in the back.

Imagine if nintendo weren't such jews
We could be collecting and playing N64 or GBA games

There's something about doing that in the original AC that feels so much fucking better than just emulating the games

This is fantastic.

So I've got a shitton of wallpapers and floors from Sahara, and I don't want to throw them away. I guess I'd better stop being a giant fucking packrat and throw them out soon, maybe later tomorrow. If anyone wants them, please come over, I need the visitors for one of those old medals.

Also, what does the Smash Villager amiibo unlock anyway?

It's almost like you aren't aware of all the Japanese fans that want to fuck Apollo.

Whats the story behind the digby and isabelle crap?

Here's some patterns I made

And two pictures of my house I bothered to save

Hey those are pretty good, if I remember right there's a website somewhere you can upload those to and get them changed if you want them on your newgame +

I'm a huge retard that just realized I could have rearranged them please rape my face

The Villager Amiibo pretty much can only interact with Wisp. If you're gonna get an Amiibo for this, at least get a Callie or Marie one. The Splatoon stuff is worth it.

The fuck are amiibos
also how do I clean up a town quickly, I don't have that much time to play the game and the town gets covered in dude weeds lmao very quickly

Get friends, or calculate the most efficient route through your town. Or be a little bitch and get Beautiful Town ordinance.Enjoy having your grass die really fucking fast

That was the worst thing they've ever added to the series.

Nah, I was just wondering what the fuck it could even do. I have the regular Splatoon ones (the only amiibo I own), I guess someone can just clone me the other stuff.

Either put up a Beautiful Town ordinance, or don't give a shit because no one cares about weeds. You even get Leif showing up in town to do the event that's for weeding. I need to invite you fags over near the 20th, that's when he's been showing up for me, and I need some exclusive items. So yeah, I expect this to be a general for a little bit at least.

Well if you're a lazy faggot and get beautiful town, your grass deterioration rate is cranked up really fucking high, I think it's double the amount that a maximum bad luck day will give you. and 1.5x how bad it is when you are wearing the king tut mask, and all these rates stack, so you know, if you wanted to live in a fucking desert, turn on beautiful town, put on your king tut mask and run all over the fucking place.
While it's shit that Grass deterioration is in again at least it's not as fucking bad as City Folk where you at all times had the maximum grass death rate, and instead have a more manageable system

How do you recover grass anyways? I heard something about growing flowers but I never confirmed it

Plant flowers, water it twice a day, don't walk on it, have "perfect" town status, turn off beautiful town ordinance, having lots of trees helps, wearing a four leaf clover adds a bonus to when your grass growth is recalculated for every period that passes like, 6AM when the game forcibly saves, or for each "day" that completed when you have been gone from your game.

It may not be as bad as cityfolk, but even without beautiful town ordinance set it still fucking disappears too fast. Especially in the winter making snowmen. Fucking wish they'd give you more pattern slots so you can just make decent looking paths, then I wouldn't bitch so much.

Well this would explain why it never fucking worked for me. I would think having a beautiful town would make grass grow faster

I bet you trample all your flowers, too.

Anyway, this wouldn't be a problem if they integrated it better. Give the character shoes that deteriorate the grass so you have set paths the animals prefer using, and if you make a mistake you should be able to reverse it with grass fertilizer. Nothing else should effect grass growth or deterioration other than to a very minimal degree.

Also the path thing is retarded. What they should do is introduce in-game paths that don't require designs. Ones that can lead all the way to villager's houses and stuff so you're not stuck with those ugly empty tiles. Maybe if you have grass deteriorated in a long enough path you can talk to Isabelle and she'll do a public work's project to make a proper path of your choosing (cobblestone, brick, wooden, cement, maybe even one that looks like a street) over the path, thereby preventing a villager from building their house on it.

>turn off beautiful town ordinance
In what universe does this make sense

I do have paths, they just look ugly as fuck because they don't give you enough design slots. Seriously if they'd just let have a bigger catalog of savable designs I wouldn't be bitching because I could use stuff like pic related

…I'm gonna let you in on a secret, user:
Make more characters. I have two other characters specifically to have more design plots.

I know that, but I don't want more shitty houses fucking up my town.

You really are a faggot.

then don't make them shitty houses ,retard.

Think of it this way;
The more player houses there are on the map means the chances of some new fucker placing his house in my fucking orchard or garden goes up because those player houses take up prime real estate.

You're really shit at this game, user.

I just wanted my nice little peaceful orchard without any fucking houses in it, then that retarded diaper wearing duck plopped his fat ass over my blue roses.

What do I need to update? Just turn the 3DS on with the game in? I haven't touched either in over 8 months to 2 years, so I'm very far behind in system updates.

Should I nuke it all?

See

I've never used the eshop before
Do I need to make a stupid NNID account or register or anything? I hate their online account systems so fucking much

So is it like the ones in the original Panel de Pon and Puzzle Challenge? Or is it that fucking line challenge bullshit that I know was in both but don't like because I enjoy racking up those sick chains? Also how fast does it feel compared to those two?

taken out of context this sounds pretty lewd

Monster Hunter x Animal Crossing would be pretty sweet and cute.

Fuck if I know how you'd do it though.

Can liqiudate your town assets to start a new town

Nice, an actual New Game Plus feature.

How much of this required a new 3ds? Because as much as I love puzzle league, I'm not buying a new system to play it.
And can you pirate amiibo content if you have cfw?

zilch
If you have an external Amiiboreader or an amiibo spoofer

I think the uniform was this one and the bedsheet was personally made.
I still have the original design in a folder.
Never took a screenshot of any of my designs.
Found a simple online converter that may or may not work.

Can a regular old 3ds read amiibos then, or no?

are there squid townsfolk?

You need a dongle that costs about 20 bucks.

This minigame is actually enhanced from the wii U version, you don't need amiibo cards anymore, only play shekels. You can use any villager in your village.

I don't know where you guys are getting the inkling amiibos don't give you access to furniture. I just used the orange inkling girl. The octopus came in on his RV and I have access to like a squid target. Two inkling hats. A splattershot and more.

Ill be around these threads for a few days. If you need Splatoon or zelda furniture i can help you out but you dont exactly get a lot of resources to get these things quickly.

Id prefer to trade for some amiibo specific stuff I dont have but Ill help oit some anons too. I can tell you one of my initiatives is to donate a painting to be fulfilled by monday which is worth enough MEOW for one rv furniture.

Some more stuff that's been found too

You can now get a special item and celebrate your town’s anniversary

New special fertilizer from Leif that can revive dead trees

You can now place furniture on top of stools

Interesting vid about what happens if you use the villager amiibo

Story mode works like the former. The story is the main characters like Tortimer, The Nooks, etc, have challenged your rule as mayor (But not really, it's just them being silly) and you have to defend your honor in puzzles. Your points are displayed as "public support" and you gotta get more support then your opponent to win.

As for how fast, it's as fast as the original. Starts slow so you can learn the mechanics, then by the third level goes "Welp, you better be damn ready for this" and accelerates like crazy. To top it off, you can press the L button to make rowa come up faster too.

The Inkling Amiibos hardly give you shit. If you want the good stuff, you need the Callie and Marie Amiibos.

No squids but instead there's Callie and Marie's cats Cece and Viché

You need an NFC reader for the old 3DS and 2DS. They only cost as much as a regular Amiibo. I'm gonna get one when it's on sale with a Zelda Amiibo.

I would have thought the splattershot and the two different inkling wigs would have been worth it.

I think they're squirrels not cats

I thought they were cats modeled after Judd.

The have the squirrel model, notice the rounded ears and squirrel tail.

*They
fuck

This update included no new villager models or rather species. Which is why Medli's beak is full bird beak and not her normal human mouth with bird nose.

I didnt know that.

That said, I've got my copy of amiibo festival as a freebie with other games at the store I usually buy vidya. It is nothing special, sure. But my little niece and nephew (around 5 and 6 years old at the time) had fun with it for days on their winter break. It is certainly not an AC game or a game for the AC crowd, but I see it as a fun interactive board game.

So can Amiibo villagers stay permanently? If so Nintendo have finally given me a reason to buy their shit.

How exactly does the "new game +" thing works?

Do you start from absolute scratch + the money you got for your previous town?
Does that mean you have to unlock every store again? What about the catalog, or collections like fish and bugs, or the museum completition?

Yes and yes. Of course you still have to get that Villager's Amiibo card, so have fun getting cardpacks.

Does the Villager Smash amiibo work with Desert Island Survival? Because I got that, some random villager car and a Lottie amiibo that a friend dump on me

The town is gone. Your villager is gone.
You can choose to sell the town (and get a lot of cash, I got 17 million bells) or just delete it.
When you choose money, you can choose between everything at once, or in installments every day.
You can choose to also sell the catalouge, for extra cash, or keep that so you can order your items again should you want to.
You have to unlock every store again, and refill the museum.

Yeah, when you do the New Game +, everything in the town is sold. You don't have to sell your items, but there's an option to do so as well. Tom Nook will then tally the town's total worth when sold, and you can choose either to take the money up front now, or in a period of 100 days with payments daily. If you chiose to do the latter, you'll receive a 10% bonus in interest, so I recommend doing the 100 day payment plan.

So it pretty much is you start fresh, with the exception that you have a shitload of money to give you a head start and eliminate grinding. Of course, if you want a true fresh start, you can choose to destroy it instead, earning no cash.

Haven't tired it. Try it to see for yourself.

I'm find it hard to imagine playing without that constant fear a villager you like will move away. I can only hope you can prevent new villagers moving in to ruin your town placement if you have maxed out the town limit.

I don't have one of those amiibo readers

Wait, is it confirmed they don't move out? Because shit, I had to hack my town to get my favorite villager back.
Now I would have to hack him away and get his card to get him permanently

So they can still move out but with the card in hand you can just force them to move back in.

Hm, this actually makes me want to dust off my copy of New Leaf and start playing again.

I feared my favorite villagers would have been gone after nearly a years hiatus, but Everything seems ok.

Just found the lamp, too bad I don't own any of the proper amiibos. I really want to play Puzzle League.

I just hope that works and the 16-villager cycle doesn't get in the way, like trying to get them from another town

I believe it does not. I recall reading that, in this thread. Here in fact:

Okay folks I wanted to see what Amiibo stuff I wanted so I just searched for all the card things they had. On each card it looks like it gives a picture of the room as well as any unique furniture relating to them of which there is a lot.

animal-crossing.com/amiibo/collections/new-leaf-amiibo-cards

I think we should start a network of anons who can provide the content in some way, trading for items they can't get but anyway you slice it, it's not the same as being able to procure these items yourself.

Was there ever a New Leaf save editor released? I know you are able to directly export your saves to PC via SD card. This would help use get these more rare items.

Upon further inspection I have seen a few of these items at Harvey's store. The Green net in Tybalt's RV, the greenhouse box in Maggie's RV and in the direct it was implied that the Compact Car was obtainable from Harvey as well.
All of these items, as well as other items shown in the direct share a more outdoorsy theme or a more natural theme so I don't think every item can be cycled through Harvey's shop alone so some of these items maybe Amiibo only.

I lost my two favorites Mira and Frobert because I was time traveling to get the 3DS and Wii U items. I'm gonna miss them.

If you wanna play Puzzle League, then you can time travel to recycle the Fortune Cookies. They added four nre fourtune cookies that get you the White or Black Wii U, or the New 3DS/XL. The 3DS one will get you Puzzle League. You'll need a shitload of Play Coins though, so shake up that pedometer.

One note though: Be prepared for a villager to potentially move away. I lost my two favorites just to get the minigames.

I just got the N3DS randomly today, beat story mode on puzzle league without losing once it's my first time playing a puzzle league game

I just saw on the Nintendo of Europe version of the stream, and I'm pissed off af.

There's more Amiibo cards featuring the Sanrio characters, but they aren't coming to North America! Only Europe and Japan are getting them.

I recommend you also try Pokemon Puzzle League and the GBC sequel Pokemon Puzzle Challenge. It's comfy af.

That shit was called Tetris attack over here. At least the one i had for snes.

It's called panel de pon you faggots

I'd kill for a Puzzle Challenge/Puzzle League with online play.

Hell, do something with a basic single-player to catch more Pokemon to use (just changes the color of the blocks you drop on foes).

It can be nerve-wracking. When you're a kid.

It was called Tetris Attack by NoA because the name Panel De Pon was less likely to sell in the US (also I guess because people knew what tetris was so it would be easier to sell as a puzzle game). They also replaced the characters with established Nintendo characters from the Mario series.

I mean, look at this box art. it was clearly marketed with that 90s "Xtream" vibe to it. That's just how they did things at the time. Had to compete with mid 90s Sega and its "Nintendo's for kids" marketing attacks.

Its a great game. Online multiplayer would quickly turn into "I keep losing to bots" I think, but for a bit yeah it would be pretty fun.

Polite Sage for off topic

No i dont think its the same as tetris. Just that is was called Tetris attack instead of
where i live due to localisation shenanigans. They even changed the characters to be Yoshi and crew.

Well then what would you recommend your majesty? There aren't many non-faggot artists who draw Zero Suit crossovers.

So i need some kind of rf reader attachment to do amiibos on my 3ds? Its the old one.

Also please note that puzzle matching games are impossible to willingly set up 3+ combos in real time and its 100% luck based ;__;

See

Do you people still not get the joke? It's a reference to Bill Trinen's wife sharing a first name with Isabelle. Calm your collective waifu autism.

Speaking of, I don't intend to buy a single amiibo card for the villagers, no way in hell, but would there be a way to turn my phone or something into some kind of reader or something, that would basically be able to send a villager card's info as if it were the real deal ? I'm sure this must exist somewhere.

Not quite. I've heard if you find a .bin or something of amiibo data you can buy some stickers with a chip in them and scan them in that way? Now all we need is for said amiibo data to show up on the Holla Forums vola.

Sorry Val. It's either get an NFC Reader or a New 3DS.

Of course they still have a shit load of features that don't require Amiibos. Honestly all the Amiibos do is get you villagers yiu want and exclusive items liek the Splatoon stuff.

I assume the duping trick still works, because it isn't so much a bug as it is an abuse of the intended system. Would anyone like to check? I'm sure the existing ACNL save editors are going to have some problems with this update, so that's out for the moment.

Also if anyone wants me to check what giant furniture is out there, I got HHD off the Freeshop to see what the deal there is.

Ahhh shit. My 3DS version is 11.2 and I can't hack my 3DS or maybe I can if I format the memory… but I have so much data and stuff on it I wonder if I can back it up. Anyway…

Probably out of date but here is an ACNL editor you folks can investigate. Let me know if we can get the extra furniture.

Formating won't help you. Good news is there might be a way to hack on 11.2, check the 3ds hacking thread. Also, I was looking for a save editor recently myself. I found one that was a program and not a website a while back. I don't know if either of them are updated at all anymore. I'm sure we'll see a new one soon, maybe a crappy .cia version too, who knows.

No, no, I mean, I don't need a reader, I have the majora's mask new 3DS xl, I meant something that would serve as the data for the amiibo cards. So I could just "download" villagers basically.

Mmmmh I see. Fuck's sake, I don't wanna buy random cards while hoping to get the right villager each time.

I'd hope there is a way to contact the dude responsible of that tool so we could know if he plans on updating it.

It is surely incompatible with the game after being patched.

If you can track down the VPK and have a phone with nfc or IR there's an amiibo spoofing app, I used it to get all the costumes in mario Kart.

Yo holy shit i lucked out, my phone has nfc capability. Whats the app called?

Fuck Ass Bitch

I forget I haven't had it installed since Mario Kart got amiibo support.

well just knowing its a thing is good enough i suppose.
now to engage a long ass google search.

Shit, that's awesome ! I'll look up into it dear, thanks a lot.

Who the fuck are you calling dear? I'm a goddamn armored armadillo.

learn to spell

Learn to deal with dyslexic people.

Hotdiggedydemon is a really good animator but holy shit he chooses to make cartoons about THE most retarded unfunny shit, I swear

It's really not a bad implementation, it lets you finally have control over your villagers, you can move in your favorites, and the best part is that you can now choose which villager to kick out if you're already full. They also give a shitton of new furniture items.

he figured why bother putting time and effort into quality animation/writing, when he could just do lazy parodies like the MLP ones and make mad fuckin bank.
rip a once good animator.

except you can't. You can only pick from the 50 new ones and you can't evict a villager.

Eww. Firstly, spoiler that shit next time. Secondly, that faggot doesn't deserve a Zero Suit. Males can have Zero Suits, but not that clickbait Nintendrone fag.

well, there is felyne villager now

Any of you clowns have an extra watering can I could pick up? Need to get my approval rating up.

Why the fuck does wario look like Neo Cortex wearing wario's hat?

In HHD only unfortunately. However I would suspect it to be a prime candidate for support if we ever got MH Amiibos

This update had me interested in amiibo cards, but then i thought that a pack costs 6 bucks and only has 3 cards in it, not to mention that they're obviously random and it's not like you can trade your duplicates 'cause no one buys this shit. I mean i wouldn't even care about duplicates but fuck paying 6 bucks for just 3 cards, it's just too expensive.

Some more stuff

Timmy/Tommy no longer explain how to use wrapping paper when purchasing

New villager animations have been added
Cyrus now waves after you pick up a customized item

You can now stack fruit while in storage

Two tile furniture items can now be placed on tables

Monster Hunter amiibos are already announced.

And they work with the updated new leaf

youtube.com/watch?v=LLYTGgXMdMU

Wow. Yeah I need this. So it looks like only released in japan but amiibo arent region locked. If my friend had this RV could I ask them to move to my town I wonder.

They actually have 6 cards in them, and you can find the packs for cheaper if you look around online.

Anything to make all that money you farmed out of boredom even more useless.

You fucking cancers.

Don't even acknowledge them.

forced anonymous in the options menu is a godsend. Use it.

I'd rather let them namefag so I can filter them.

are they all shit stories or are we going to get some from gen and 4u.

IF you can find his card you can force move him into your town for ever

Pic related

And since i am a fucking bro here is an ebay link ebay.com/itm/like/172013770131?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Th-thanks Nintendo

So what happens if you use Isabelle or Tom Nook? Can you get them to move in?

Nope, sorry bro. You tried, though. He's gone.

No they just chill at the NEW camp site for a dday and you can buy copies of their shit in the camper. BUt you still could use the old cards for HHD

Kill yourself.

Fuck off. Force anonymous is just pretending they're not there while being a giant faggot who talks to them. Force anonymity on everyone as a matter of course, not as a user option.

S t a y u p s e t

Pretty sure amiibos aren't region locked considering the amount of japanese imports sold by regular businesses when they first came out.

Bend the fuck over and prepare your gates. I'll fucking visit your town.

I'm afraid to go back.

only one villager can leave at a time, just join and hope your fucking favorite isn't dead

How am I lookin?

notlewd/10

like a fag

Stop cutting corners faggot.

I kept her from leaving twice, why, why did it have to be her!

Isn't there a QR for the update, yet?

I'm trying to come up with some ways you can get MEOW coupons, since every day you'd be spending about 10 on new random items from Harvey, and more if you want to get anything from the visiting RV's or Amiibo.
On that note, it also apparently gives you furniture for doing the story mode and maybe other stuff. I lucked out and got the 3DS in a fortune cookie today, so I'm glad it worked out.

So, I've been playing this thing for a bit and I've noticed a few things that I'll dump here. First off, it looks like some of the stuff you can get from the campground is old Spotpass stuff, which is good if you're one of those faggots who just started playing and have nobody to get this shit for you. Secondly, the balloons dropping any type of furniture means that they can apparently drop stuff that was added in the new update. I popped one yesterday and got a 'wood display stand' that I've never seen before, can't order out of the catalog or locate on my go-to site for this shit.

Can I borrow a wetsuit from one of you?

Yeah sure, open your gates.
1461 6198 8740

How about you open your gates, then you can't swindle me of my booty.

But I want to see your town… Okay tell you what you come to mine pick up the suit then we go back to yours?

I do not trust you.

If I have a physical version of the game but a hacked 3DS, it's safe to update normally rather than through Freeshop, right?

newfag located.

That's fair.
However if we do it this way you can come to my town, get the suit then if I try to screw you in your town, just shut off your game and you still have my suit with me long gone.
You double cross me and just take my suit? I don't give a damn, not hard to get them. There is no way I can screw you over that you can't reverse by just shutting off your game.

It's always safe to update normally, updates don't even effect carts, it's all 3dsside

Stay triggered.

Don't lewd the wolf link

okay mom

Anyone got a QR code for a Wario's overalls shirt that doesn't look like absolute shit?

Found some more shit
Special villagers such as Wolf Link, Ganon, Medli, Epona, Cece, and Viche can move to your town

The following figurines give the following villagers along with their furniture:
Toon Link - Medli
Ganondorf - Ganon
Sheik - Epona
Zelda/Link/W. Link - W. Link
Callie - Cece
Marie - Viche
Inkling - Inkwell
Villager - no one, sort of. (courtesy of reddit user Fudgenuggets980825)

AC figurine amiibos can be scanned to allow them to visit your town in an RV and have furniture available to purchase

While they are camping in their RV, Wisp will temporarily replace them in their roles but does not allow you to purchase/sell/etc (courtesy of reddit user KattsTheName)

Series 1 - 4 amiibo cards give you furniture and the option to move a villager in

nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/animal-crossing-new-leaf-3ds

Here's a list of all villagers and their RV
animal-crossing.com/amiibo/collections/new-leaf-amiibo-cards/#

MEOW coupons and furniture can be obtained from doing well in minigames

Here's a link on details regarding selling your town
reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5auape/all_your_questions_about_selling_your_town/

The new items you can get with fortune cookies are
51- Wii U console
52- Wii U console (Black)
53- Chihuahua Ornament
54- Dalmation Ornament
55- Dachshund Ornament
56- Labrador Ornament
57- New Nintendo 3DS

There are now also new clothes at the Able Sisters (courtesy of reddit user ArkieRN)
Some are only obtainable through amiibo villagers and Wii U/N3DS minigames

Got a wiiu in a cookie today. Can confirm.
Wish we got some more amiibos, I only have the splatoon amiibos and no AC ones.

jesus fuck the hype for cheating/hacking intensifies

is there a New Leaf romhack that allows you to buy ANYTHING from the catalog, so i dont have to store all those gyroids, amongst other things?

acnl ntr allows you to add items directly into your inventory via item ID. I'm sure you can figure out some autistic way to get that to 'feel' like you're using the catalogue

apparently thats only useful for N3DS users, ntr shit requires version 3.3+, which is only available for n3ds, then the only 3.3 versions that *do* exist dont work on the latest firmware.
its all a matter of waiting now.

nintendo…………………………

dont you get an octopus for those?

Only the Squid works, not the inkling boy and girl

do at least both green and orange squids work? (im considering getting the green one)

Yeah, both squids function exactly the same.

You get an octopus, which is itself ironic as squids and ocotolings are mortal enemies

well fuck me, that apparently is something exclusive to america (or at least american amazon), 'cause here in europe they only have 3 cards packs.

What the fuck is this junk?

Welcome to the world of Amiibos, where scalpers reign supreme.

time to get an amiiqo (or n2elite or whatever they renamed it to) then.

I had an idea. When they finally release the Cloud Amiibo, I would love to see a Chocobo villager.

It would either be bird villager or ostrich villager. I think they would look a whole lot less fluffy but if they are able to just attach little things onto the heads like apparently they did with Draggo, it will be fine.

But yeah I totally agree a chocobo villager would be aces.

I wouldn't mind seeing maybe a Pokemon villager or maybe another monster hunter thing. I mean they made W. Link and he doesn't translate well. Maybe a cute Lagiacrus as a crocodile.

Okay so I'll have my gates open today with Wolf Link if anyone wants anything.

He has:

Heart
Heart Container
Hyrulean Treasure
Hylian Shield
Link's Hood
Link's Tunic
New Hero's Wig
New Hero's Tunic
Zelda's Dress
Zelda's Dress
Hylian Wall
Hylian Floor

FC: 1461 6198 8740

save editor website just updated, go nuts

Thanks for the heads up!

I have the game on my SD card because it's digitally download. Can I just use that and not have to hack my DS I wonder.

Just update through the menu

Why wouldn't you want to?

not him but accidental bricking wouldn't effect already established save files on an unhacked one. I've had my 3DS since the first price drop and swapped to an N3DS now.I use my old one for hacking but it's not ideal since it doesn't have amiibo compatibility and I don't wanna buy a dongle.

i can understand people not wanting to bother with the N3DS because of the fucking sd card being held hostage inside the backplate. I dont get that autistic shit.

Honestly it's because I have already updated to 11.2 and I can't understand what my options are. I'm told both I can and can't do things and I don't understand the instructions and I have the MH4 3DS so it's not replaceable if I do brick it. I'm just asking do I NEED the save dumper because I already have the saves on my SD card.

learn to read instructions thoroughly (and the OP on the 3ds hacking thread) and you'll be fine. It's made for retards at this point.

The OP on the 3ds hacking thread says
">11.2:
You may potentially have been fucked."

Apparently this isn't the case. Okay I'll give it a try. But do I still NEED to do it? I would much rather kick out a few steps if I can

you're in the denial stage of 3ds homebrew, you think you dont need it, but when you have it you wont be able to imagine life without it
so just do it faggot

No man, I'm fucking doing it. I'm doing it right now. I just want to know if the save dumper does the same thing I already can do so I don't have to add in more steps to edit my game, of which I will probably do a lot of. I hacked the fuck out of my Wild World game and made it so pretty.

No, you can't hack your 3DS when it's on 11.2. You can get it hard-modded but that costs money and time.

Yeah im not really sure how i skipped over that part.
Well you're fucked

Can visitors adopt villagers from the trailer park?
If not it sucks

Regalia suck a fucking dick

This thread is past the bump limit anyway.

By the way, I got a handwashing station from a balloon after I already got one from Harvey, does anyone want it? Preferably for some other new item, but it could be basically anything kind of uncommon, even some of that older DLC I had missed. I've also got the original Splatoon amiibo if anyone wants another octopus or some Splatoon stuff tomorrow. If not, I'll probably just look into what save editing can do for me. My big question is how much info is stored on the new Amiibo cards. Are the villager's RV's basically already in the game? Or are the villagers and their items in the game, but the card holds whatever order they're in in the room, like some sort of much worse version of Super Mario Advance 4's eReader levels?

Also, should we make another thread once we hit page 15 or whatever?

I'm not even the OP of that thread but that thread wasn't even a duplicate.

For what purpose?

Because the name I used back then is embarrassing.

I expect some of the faggots here to make him understand.

Today Harvey is selling a desktop mic and a shoe locker.

I don't think any, or at least most, of these new objects are behind a paywall. At least the Amiibo cards stuff. Splatoon, MH, and Zelda stuff may very well be.

Indeed, I think the special promotion villagers and items are. I only own a splatoon amiibo (orange girl squiddo) and haven't seen any other special promotion villager.

It's still gay to put your 3D shit into my games.

All I give a fuck about is the Splatoon goodies, tbh

fixed

Holy shit Puzzle League is amazing. I'm so happy to see it back with an Animal Crossing skin. Story mode becomes an absolute hell once you reach Dr. Shrunk, as that's when they start spamming garbage blocks. Still though, by a hair I was able to beat him.

The next day, I found I had a letter in my mailbox from Nintendo thanking me for enjoying Puzzle League. The letter also contained a Puzzle League themed floor carpet. This update is fucking amazing.

Nope. But they can buy furniture though, so it's not a complete loss.

OP here. I'll make a new thread tomorrow so anons can exchange friend codes to those who have the Splatoon and Zelda Amiibos.

You might want to consider making it more near nowish, given we're on page 14. I dunno how fast the board is this late though.

Also, I heard rumors that you get Lip related items if you play the hard mode. I still don't know how/if you get MEOW coupons from it.

A surprising amount of the board is awake at night, just make it already.

Working on it

NEW THREAD