Metroid Fusion

Metroid Fusion
Zero Mission
Other M

Maybe they haven't brought back the metroid series because they don't have any ideas for new power ups.

No they won't bring it back because it doesn't sell mario or zelda numbers.

is that a sustainable strategy

Nintendo hates Metroid games like Capcom hates Mega Man games.

All of the best talent has either been driven out of the industry, retired, or died. There was no new blood of obsessive computer geeks to take up the programming torch. STEM degrees are barely worth the paper they're printed on with the way shit is running now. I don't know about Japan, but the future of the US is SERVICE JOBS, not engineering, computers, chemistry, or anything else that can be farmed out to fucking China, Mexico, or the Philippines for fractional pennies on the dollar.

Nah, it's the jewish way of doing things. Immediate gratification or destroy it, with no long game or endgame plans at all. When everything blows up in your face, be completely taken by surprise and blame it on someone else.

people are taking this making money thing too seriously

Fine.
Mexico makes a metroid game. Why not. Texas did a good job.

Are they still just gonna recycles super metroid's equipment, or are they bringing anything new to the table?

She looks like a child in that garbage. Pathetic.

Don't trust Mexico. Mexico and the Philippines are why your cell service provider likely gave up your SSN and other personal information (look it up). Outsourcing call centers for businesses that perform credit evaluations and handle banking information and private communications? BRILLIANT IDEA!

Large helmet and shoulder rig on a regular body fucks up the proportions. Samus's armor couldn't be worn by a human, the way it is rendered in the official art, and in Metroid Prime. Her pelvis would have to be three feet wide, same with her shoulders.

That's kinda hot

it isnt? i thought it was loli cosplay

Don't be mean, her mother's husband worked hard making it.

You're not looking at it correctly

Federation Force

Sometimes new things aren't good.

Is it true that Metroid isn't that big in Japan as it is in the West?

As for Capcom, I guess the problem is that MegaMan worked as a WayForward game but Capcom wants to keep the Street Fighter V "AAA game" formula while milking DLC, so they're not interested in this. I'm glad MegaMan was featured in the last Smash game, I guess this is the kind of stufff that happened under Iwata.

Same thing for Konami: they hate CastleVania and making an erotic pachinko of it was just a way of publicly humilliating the franchise. I hope they all get Ebola and have slow painful deaths.

diffusion beam?

The original Metroid was one of those stupidly expensive Famicon Disk Drive games in Japan, Super Metroid came out when the SNES was basically already dead and Japan has never been big into first person games, though Prime 1 did damn good everywhere compared to the third. I think M2 and Zero Mission did "okay" but I dunno if that was in Japan or just in the West.

OtherM was focused on Waifuing Samus up and it still flopped - though not half as hard as FF. That fucking trash game nobody wanted just killed this franchise, and the fact that we don't even get a Star Fox Zero level autism-tickling spin-off of some kind makes me legitimately more angry than it should.

Samus Aran and Mega Man are both dead mascott characters who's sole relevance is Smash Bros. Only real difference is at least Mega gets hilariously autistic licensed merchandise and unofficial rock operas on a regular bais.

I liked CDPR's quest design. I have to go ghost hunting on a small island haunted by a super plague curse and on my way across the lake I find a body with a note describing the location of a lost sword. On the way to said treasure, I end up coming across 2 bandit camps, a flying gryphon and a monster nest.

Do I get to spread her with my Missile though?

you need 5 missiles to break pink doors

So you're admitting you don't have a super missile?

Couldn't you get this exact same experience just from taking a walk around Sweden?

If anyone ever tries to take up the torch they first have to reach the level of qualitiy that Metroid had.
Then you could talk about any kind of future prospects .

Ledge grabbing was and still is casual fucking cancer.

Let's not forget what else Fusion did shall we:
-gimped wall jumping to the point of uselessness
-gimped bomb jumping to the point of uselessness
-removed a functional game dynamic in terms of deciding when to use missiles or super missiles by consolidating the two
-took a massive dump all over the fun physics of Super

Not at all. The original Metroid was a million seller and Super sold more in Japan than North America (this may partly be accounted by Donkey Kong Country releasing at the same time in the US). What is true is that Asians have some sort of autistic hatred for FPSs. Fusion relative failure can be explained by an intense dislike for dumbed down trash.

Man this board is dead as shit. Good job pushing everyone away with your Moot-tier moderation, Mark.

Service jobs aren't the future of anything. That is a dead end. Low end service jobs will always be a thing, such as waitresses, barbers and prostitutes, but the level that it is now is just fat that needs to be burned off.

please, theyre no more immune to such things than the rest of the world

I do think Japanese have at least a slightly higher craving for good game mechanics, due to the influence of their not-yet-dead arcade scene.

…You've never taken a look at the most played Western games in Japan, have you? It's CoD, Mass Effect, GTA. Mass-market shit.

Most-played tells only part of the story. I'd say the fact that arcade action experiences still routinely sell much better there is somewhat more revealing.

i think thats kind of picky choosy logic.

Japan likes linear games. They dont like shit where you have to figure out where to go or the ability to make a choice that isnt the right choice or the wrong choice. It's why Fusion, ZM and Other M were as linear and story driven as they were, to help Japan like it more.

They didn't like Mass Effect because it confused them. They didnt know which choices were the right choice and just didn't get it when they were told there were no wrong choices.
If Japan REALLY liked Metroid then we'd be getting games and not Figmas of the girl main character.

see

They liked the original Metroid and Super. Metroid II, the linear one, was the one that didn't sell so hot.

Their motivations are conjecture. If it were true it was a massive misreading of the Japanese market because those sold like ass.

and yeah, I'll give you that. while Super did sell well in Japan, you can't base the future of the franchise off a 12 year old game. Other M sold pretty poorly over there compared to Super. Those are the numbers they're looking at

I'm not convinced they like Metroid. They LOVE Samus for sure. It's why ZSS is so prominent but we've gotten more figures than games in the past 5 years

More conjecture. Japan fucking hated Other M in case you're unaware. If you saw some of the posts about it on 2ch when it was released their complaints were largely the same as ours.

ZSS is so prominent because Fuckamoto is in love with his waifu, nothing more.

Wrong, it's because of Brawl.

hell yeah

Yeah they hated Other M, doesn't mean the waifufags don't love the fact that she's a cute girl.

And because of Fuckamoto involvement in the series we will never have a good or at least a decent Metroid game, it's for the best if he fucks off and let people who knows how to make Metroid great again.

user, he's been 'promoted' to mobile development at Nintendo.

I still have faith retro could churn out a good prime game
the way I see it, there were atleast two reasons which probably contributed to mp3 being lackluster:

1) they were tired of the series and had run out of creativity
if they did a game now, they might have some fresh ideas and creativity

2) limiting wii controls, by which I mean, not enough buttons/buttons being on clumsy positions
with proper controller, they wouldn't have to dump down mechanics ie combining all beams into one

And they make some of the best /ss/ i've ever seen.

Reminder for all Metroid Thirsty faggots to go download and play AM2R if you haven't already.

don't even remind me of it, that shit is so good i actually don't nintendo can make a metroid 2 remake as good as he did.

Gotta make sure she's super pregnant. Being part Chozo and Metroid really fucks up her fertility with humans.

fuck off armchair

they promoted FE to "major" and it's recent shit hasn't sold past 2mil yet (which should have now)

really makes you think

look if you're going to admit you've never booted up Other Shit on Dolphin or Softmod, just admit it.

it tried to be Fusion x Ninja Gaiden x Prime 3, and the result ended up really nasty with cucks at IGN defending it. (and with Hayashi, killing Ninja Gaiden next)

to japanophobic armchair analysts

if you're going to acclaim things about what Japan thinks, source your shit at least