Pretending future Indie gaming trends

PS2 nostalgic throw back graphics

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City#Issues_fixed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No way, that would take too much effort

Yet still the PC version looks better. Funny how companies are the most shit at emulating their own platforms.

PS4 emulation is a joke. Even Xbone runs Xbox 360 games better. Meanwhile PS2 emulated games on PS4 tend to run and play worse. Look up The GTA vice city on ps4

Just looked some up. And holy fuck youre right.

It's like the PS4 never intended to have emulation or any kind.

talking animals

pssh thats because xbox runs windows so all the programs written in windows go smooth pssh kid

Libre linux distribution whose DE is actually the quake engine.

So instead of choosing difficulties you choose terminal and have to shoot at a keyboard to punch in commands?

I don't think Vice City runs well on anything except the PS2. Even running it at 60 FPS fucking breaks everything.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City#Issues_fixed

Yeah terminal would be a wall texture.

Daily reminder that the Xbox360 port of San Andreas is taken from the fucking smartphone version of the game

You can't be serious?

Are you actually shitting me?

PC-88, X68000, etc. catch on with indie devs, and next thing you know half their games have FM synthesis music that either sounds like shit (because they made their own instruments) or sounds like a Sonic game (because they just cheaped out and used that one FM soundfont).

Apperantly it's true lads

Vice city ran fine on the xbox, looked better than on the ps2 too

I'd be interested in a pcsx2 comparison. Since it is just emulating the original PS2 version

This right here. Pixelart is chosen because it's relatively easy to whip up a few sprites. 3D animation and texturing takes time, effort and talent the average indie hipster doesn't possess.

You niggers aren't thinking hipster enough, the future of indie gaming is rip offs of virtual boy games pioneered by the scumbag poz fish, just like when he pioneered the death of QA for his shitty fez game.

There's also a PS3 port now by the way, and it's the same shit.

It's already happening with shit like undertail

You can cap the framerate of GTA games at 30fps, and they run as intended. It's still better on PC than anywhere else. San Andreas @60fps has the bug where you vault over a wall and then instantly die, which happens on that mission where you "lost everythang but my blade". Turn it to 30fps and you're good, and you can play the vast majority of the game at 60fps.
The other thing that gets skewed are mods that rely on the ingame MPH, which is tied to the framerate. I had this mod that put in a BttF DeLorean, and at 60fps you hit 88mph incredibly fast, but at 30fps you actually needed a lot of road.

the DX7 was a mistake

The PC version is now also a mobile port, how exactly is it any better. Also last time i booted up the original port, the fucking thing wouldn't even read my mouse, shit was fucked.

Was your mouse plugged in

It isn't

The mobile version of San Andreas was very different to the PC version

The only thing Rockstar did recently to the steam release aside from break older saved games. Was they removed several musical tracks that were also removed in the mobile port.

It's a bit of a moot point though since there's a readily available mod to mod them back in, ontop of downgrading the game's version to the original so you can run several mods that require it.

Yes, even tried it with different mouses, shit was just fucked.

I have a feeling VR will crash and burn thanks to feminists crying rape

That's it, I'm done, enough of this industry
It's time to pack it in lads, it's pretty obvious atm that all we are to these corporations are just retareded moneybags. There's nothing good to come out of this hobby anymore.