Just completed my second playthrough of this game

Just completed my second playthrough of this game.
First one was a pure combat spear/dodge drifter went boatman of styx with 6 in alchemy and 10 in crafting and second character is pic related.
Great game with shit tons of replayability. Really nice setting and lore to boot. Pretty short though and the endings don't feel that great.
Anyone else played it? I wanna discuss some shit.

I also missed all discussion of this game despite people here saying it was gud.

Well now is your chance
Which ending did you get and which guild?

In retrospect I probably should've added the game title to the OP.

What the hell is this game about that your character can have the godslayer trait?

It's about making the life in a post-apocalyptic magic Rome inspired setting good for you.

Pro tip: don't throw the divine spear

i havent played since release, but im pretty sure you can actually kill 2 gods if you want. dont worry about the collateral damage

That tells me very little, but if it's classical-age inspired then I'm interested.

Imagine if ancient Romans had access to magic and magic inspired tech (like power armor) but then it all went to hell.

I played the demo, prior to that the only CRPG I'd played was like 5 hours of Fallout 2 so maybe I'm just not savvy with the standards of the genre, but it seemed unreasonably difficult and asshole-ish with character creation, combat and dialogue trees. I tried a balanced stealth/combat character, failed some skill check and then couldn't find any way to proceed because no one would talk to me anymore, and then made a pure combat character, pulling tons of points out of everything but strength, constitution and dexterity to try and pump those way up and I struggled a fuckload and had to savescum through like four or five combat encounters before hitting a sheer wall in some fight between two groups of like 12 guards and soldiers which I never managed to beat. A whole lot of the combat options just felt like complexity for complexities sake too, I didn't feel like having 5 different types of one handed swords, 3 types of axes, 3 types of daggers, etc. all with different tiers of material and quality and different 5% passive modifiers really added anything but confusion.

Post-apocalyptic settings, where the society had actually rebuilt itself into something very much resembling Rome. It's likely that unless you go with loremaster character, you won't even really notice it's a post-apocalyptic setting, and think it's really just weird Rome

It is and you are. And just so we're clear: character building and finding the gear that's just right to break the game is the meat of RPGs.

If it's good that's just a bonus

its literally the worst game ever made.

The game punishes hybrid builds in order to prevent jack of all trades builds like in Fallout 3 where you become god at everything, and there's little reason to replay the game. A question I often found myself asking when making such builds is: 'when making a stealth/combat build, in which situations should I be stealthy and in which ones should I be loud? what decides that if the rewards are identical? if I'm going to mostly stick to one playstyle, why not make a pure build in that direction?'

Again, specializing is important. You fight by yourself for 90% of the game, so it's better to be very good at one thing than average at everything. Also, nets. Use them.

It's good. I'd have prefered if there was real magic mixed with technology a la TES dwemer/Arcanum instead of real technology. It was kind of disappointing that there wasnt any god race out there, just some space civ that nuked each other
Playing as loremaster, I had to pick my fights carefully but shooting poison bolts and throwing bombs that I had to carefully prepare beforehand was fun

Really? I ruined the game for me by picking one class

if you picked loremaster on your first run, you'll get raped anyway long before you learn anything meaningful :^)

Not really, except for wrong dialoge choices it went well emough. I worked for the jew guild for a while and earned enough money for bombs and the fancy crossbow

What happens if you dont follow loremaster options?

There are many options for other classes, but
Just wait until you get into some combat

Dialogue only characters are easy mode compared to combat only one.

play it again, the gods are not just space faring aliens. If I elaborate anymore it'd be an even bigger spoiler

Anyone excited for Dungeon Rats?

Here's the trailer.

Depending on your guild choice you have non combat options available to you every time and there are ways to bypass mandatory combat encounters every time.

In some ways, the game's combat has less depth than even FO1.
The game relies heavily on those VN sequence. You couldn't even close a door from the outside.

Age of decadence is on sale on GoG so if you want to support the devs lol what a gay go buy it.

savescummery: the game
It's dogshit.

Kinda looks more of the same, with a bit more crafting and a proper party this time.
Can't wait to be the Boss of this Gym.

Really seems like a lot of the complaints about this game are from casuals.
Any complaints from people who have actually played other crpgs.

Its more trial and error than almost every RPG and is basically a glorified VN with a combat system.

How many sidequests and side areas did you explore? There are a lot of them. And if you rush to the temple the game is going to end a little prematurely and just give you the same general set of ending options. But there are a lot of possible endings in AoD plus the quality of your faction endings depend on your reputation (which mostly depends on your charisma). Also 7 charisma is the sweet spot if you want to unlock training.

This vid more or less sums up the game.

Three, actually. Glaath'azor, Thoragoth, and Balzaar can all be killed.

Combat only is also easy mode compared to hybrid though. The real difficulty is excelling as a jack of all trades build.

Even if you become god at everything you still have strong incentive to replay the game because there are so many different quest routes and decisions to take which alter the way the game can play out.

Combat is avoidable if you're with Thieves' Guild or Merchants' Guild. It's also avoidable if you enter a Praetor route, join House Aurelian, or if you switch guilds to Imperial Guards (at the end of Teron) in the right way.

Sadly true. AoD makes good use of its dialogues, but it leans on its dialogue trees 'way too much to do things that should be handled with more ordinary environment interaction.