ITT we speculate about the new 3D mario game

ITT we speculate about the new 3D mario game.
I will start

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/PLgMa
mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Land
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really hope the levels aren't linear and full of floating blocks/islands like in Galaxy and some of 3D world.

Looks like mexico. Like, colourful 'day of the dead' mexico.

OPs image indicates it isn't. I hope they have a focused movement system that is built around mario, not a dumb fludd pack, not a simplifed, lacking in momentum movement system.

I don't really think there's anything to speculate on that the gamexplain fag didn't already mention.

The woman who's playing the game in the commercial takes it out of the dock to bring it over to her friends, so it's still possible there's some kind of multiplayer functionality considering the game being played only switched from person to person in the commercial iirc.

I hope it's not fucking toddler tier easy and repetitive like Galaxy.

3D mario doesn't sell consoles. Only people with good taste actually care about 3D platformers any more.

3d world sold 5 million units and was a bundled game. It's a valuable game for anyone interested in the systems library.

Hopefully it has a good mix of open-world sandbox stages with multiple goals (stars or shines or whatever) and some linear trial stages like some of the better challenges in 3D World. Like in Sunshine how you could explore the sandbox stage and find the linear "floating block" levels, but a lot more of those.

the problem with sunshine is none of the main stages were good, but only some of the hidden side stages were good. the side levels existed so the game could have some pure, focused platforming, but the main game suffered by having almost no pure platforming. mario 64 had some more on-off segments and levels, like hidden slide sections or levels where you unlock caps, and they were simple, straight-forward challenges that taught players new things and provided a fun, new challenge well integrated in to the core mechanics. The hidden sunshine levels feel like a completely different game considering the baggage fludd provides the main game.

The "temple" area they showed off for about a second seemed to have some Mesoamerican-inspired wall carvings (read: Aztecs, Maya, etc), so I'm thinking it's part of the same "world" as the Mexican-themed town, assuming that the game is split into worlds and not open-world as it's rumored to be. Other than that, the gameplay seems to be more akin to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, what with the behind-the-back perspective and Mario being able to triple jump. I dunno what's up with the ice floes, though, as they showed up in either area that was shown. Maybe it's supposed to be a contrast like Freezeflame Galaxy, as Mexico is a fairly hot area, or maybe they're more pervasive throughout the game. There was a bus stop out in front, too, so maybe that's one way Mario can go between each area if it's an open-world game; in addition to this, I also noticed purple triangle-shaped collectibles above the umbrella, so maybe each area has its own currency.

Nintendo probably saw Yooka Laylee and realized there was a market for 3D platformers as opposed to 2D Marios with 3D movement.

Maybe this game will be more about fucking around the levels and seeing where your moves take you.

this is such a stupid statement

Also, this is worth a read
archive.is/PLgMa

Could be they're trying to go back to their roots with a more "modernized" twist. By that I mean most likely a focus on physics and showing off cool tech like BoTW

3D World was literally designed to be a SMW game in 3D space. Hence the title, linear levels, dumb health system, and movement.

I hope you can play as yoshi just wondering haha

it was literally designed to be a successor to 3D land (hence the name, you fucking idiot) which was a successor to the galaxy 2 refinements of the galaxy 1 focused level challenges.

Don't be so retarded, especially considering the movement, despite being simplified, still has more in common with 64 than SMW.

but yoshi lays eggs

do you think that yoshi gets embrassed when he poos out eggs in front of mario haha

Worked in a 2D platformer

Underage detected

mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Land

SML was the handheld GB Mario series, came around the same time as SMW, with some similarities bearing between the two.

Overall, the game has more in common with 2D Mario than it does with 3D Mario, hence the "2D Mario in 3D space" argument. Mario 3D World is not a 3D platformer.

Missed this part because it's 12 AM and I haven't slept.
This is how I know you've never played Mario 64 beyond maybe your first 4 stars.

3d land is named 3d land because it's the naming motif of the portable mario side scrollers. 3d world is in the same vein as this motif as it paralleled the SNES game that was around as the original SML games. Try to keep track of where this discussion is going, I get the feeling you're a little confused already.

that or you're just retarded, to keep it short:

SMW has jumping, button running, spin jumping

3d world has roll jumping, long jumping, double jumping, power ups which augment movement (more in the vein of 3D land and galaxy 2)

Have you played 3D world? Serious question, I'm not gonna believe you either way tho

At least post the webbem.

You're parroting what I just said. You are seriously parroting what I just said as an argument against my post.

It also has 8-directional movement (which isn't the same as 2D, but from an ergonomic perspective it makes some of the side-scrolling esque segments of 3D world more viable) and controls that were dumbed down as fuck from Mario 64.

You're saying that it has the bare minimum to navigate in 3D space for a platformer as an argument to say that it's closer to Mario 64's movement system?

Funny thing is you're actually making me shit on a game that I enjoyed playing. It was just an okay game, but it was made more with the older 2D Marios in mind as opposed to 64 which made it feel low energy.

the main purpose for 3D world was to have a proper 4-player mario game, but there was also an attempt to reach out to the audiences of typical mario games. At the end of the day, 3D world doesn't belong to the side scrolling mario's (this is a retarded way to even begin framing the discussion), and it's not like the early 3D marios, it is most like galaxy 2 and 3D land which exhibit practically identical level design structures and pretty much the movement from 3D land.

The sunny environment and the calaca people give me a hard Sunshine vibe, I think we are getting a sequel to Sunshine, but I wonder if it will be called Sunshine 2 or something referential like Sunburst. Considering Nintendo's approach to visuals in previous Mario games this looks like a very early build, Nintendo would definitely want to properly contrast the hill in the background with the playable space.

I recon it's going to be cold vs hot and if there's a fludd it will have a hot or cold element, this is partially based off of this running on the BotW engine and BotW engine having a heat simulation, and the big pillars of ice.

You're a retard, Super Mario 3d World made more than 100 million dollars, if you think Yooka Laylee made a single difference to Nintendo's decision making concerning it's next Mario game, you're a delusional retard who lacks any critical ability

I didn't say it was literally a side scrolling Mario game. If that's what you were getting from it, I can only guess you have Asperger's.

I was only saying that the linear level design makes it not a 3D platformer along with the traditional 2D mario health system. "2D platformer with 3D movement" is a hyperbole.

Consider chemical castration so we don't get any more autistic genes.

I mean, Nintendo's pretty retarded, but they know opportunity when they see it.

That still ain't shit to Nintendo, Mario as a series hasn't caved into pressures from other successful platformers in the past, why would they start now when Mario still sells very well, and the interest in Yooka Laylee is far less than the interest in Mario titles, you're still retarded.

On top of this 3d Mario games don't follow an entirely constant pattern, with the exception of 3d land/world and Galaxy/2 which were direct sequels.

Zelda is a consistently selling franchise, too. Didn't mean shit when the rest of the action-adventure genre went open world.

Nintendo's not immune to conformity, 3D platformers are clearly making a comeback and Nintendo knows that making a successor to something like Sunshine or 64 = max profit.

Mario 64 still remains to be their most critically acclaimed game of all time and still sells to this day. When other, smaller, companies are trying to make nostalgiabux off of that game's era, you know damn well Nintendo's gonna want in on that, too.

It's an opportunity. Businesses pursue opportunities.

It is going to be a slightly reamped version of the Mario mobile game or whatever.
How the fuck does anyone still care about nintendo after the gamecube.

Holy fuck, you kids are fucking morons.

it's not even their most critically acclaimed, you fucking idiot.

will it be on iPhone?

But your argument still means nothing.

Firstly Zelda has always had a somewhat open world, the difference between Breath of the Wild and other Zelda games is the ability to approach an area from any angle, and the amount of content available in the game, e.g. the new mini dungeons. the games at it's core appears to be still very similar, even though we haven't seen much puzzle or equipment driven barriers like having to have to glider to leave the plateau and the soft barrier of the warm outfit to climb the mountain, and that's just what we have seen, it will probably expand from there.

Secondly open world gaming is enormous, and well beyond Nintendo, while Yooka Laylee is well below Nintendo, you're trying to argue that x because y is possible when you should be arguing that x because y is causing it.

If other companies had IPs half as good and as long running as Nintendo they'd have the nostalgia angle too. In fact there are games that still use nostalgia as the angle to sell their games, I know I didn't buy any 3d Sonic games because they looked good, and Sonic Mania is far harder a nostalgia grab then Super Mario Maker was.

Mario 64 wasn't even the most critically acclaimed game on the N64. You act as if Nostalgia is the only angle Nintendo can sell Mario on, what about great gameplay, no damn I guess Mario Galaxy wasn't the most critically acclaimed exclusive of the 7th gen and even the worst Super Mario 3d game wasn't critically acclaimed or a good seller, what about Mario's recognizeability, no I guess Mario isn't particularly recognizeable despite appearing front and centre as an advertisement for the Tokyo Olympic games at the closing ceremony for the Rio Olympic games, what about innovation of the Genre, nope I guess Mario wasn't the main driving force behind 3d platforming since his first 3d platformer.

I'm going to stop replying now, in case I catch retard from you.

It's not a cinematic game so no.

i hope Wario and Waluigi get to bosses or something

Mario 64 was the best selling N64 game and is considered by most normalfags (and a few autists on here) to be one of the best platformers, if not games in general, of all time.

And the rest of the gaming industry is not. Also you're a retard for not thinking that a game getting 12x its proposed fundings by public backers isn't reason enough for any company to try and emulate what they're doing.

Playtonic got 12x its funding because they're emulating a game that emulates a game made by Nintendo about 20 years ago. This is an opportunity, and Nintendo will capitalize on something that's blowing the fuck up. They are a business.

3d Mario didn't change too much from Galaxy to 3D world. All they did was remove the gravity gimmick and add multiplayer. People are going to get tired of this pretty soon, so Nintendo is obviously going to have to shake things up a bit.

Which, reportedly, is already happening.
archive.is/PLgMa

You caught it before you even came to this thread

I'm not done with this post yet

Nice memes faggot, go back to cuckchan or reddit.

KILL YOURSELF

but all the shit in the trailer was fake, OP.

In fact, I hit the submit button too early. Let me lay out exactly how the conversation went so your retarded ass can get a good idea of how this works

user you missed my point
Super Mario World didn't have a health system

I think you might have autism, user. All 12 of your posts seem to indicate that.

It has 10/10 gameplay.

Ok, neither did 3D world. Hence the similarities. Shit post.

wew lad

good joke

it does. maybe theyre expecting us all to be dead by then

3D marios innovate more than pretty much any other 1st party IP

It could very feasibly flip perspectives to compensate for a second player.
This is almost definitely true, I think this is Sunshine 2.0.

It looks like an open world type game like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. My guess is that this Mexico world is just one level of the game. Notice the ice that is surrounding the area? My guess is that ice is going to be the main theme of the game.

i think nintendos witch will have jiggle physics in more games

For example?

64, sunshine, galaxy

But what I want to know is if it will have parallel universes.

Ye, to this day I still go back and play it because the controls are fantastic; Mario feels great to move around.

Hopefully that means it has much better level design then that shit game.