Dragon Age

Was the first Dragon Age actually any good? I have never touched the series, and I am looking for a good RPG to sink my teeth into. I have heard nothing but shit for the 2nd and 3rd one. Just wondering if any anons here have played it.

Has it's moments but overall it's average as hell.

Its a good game it has issues but its a solid game.

I wouldn't bother.
The combat is unfathomably broken with mages in your party and every class besides mages is boring and retarded simple.
Even on nightmare, you can get through most scenarios without breaking a sweat.

It's fun to stop time and give explicit order and stratagize, but you'll crush any opponent. It does have an a.i. algorithm you can make for your team mates so they can follow your guidelines in real-time.

I ran the game yesterday surprisingly for nostalgia and I'm saddened how even character creation was SJW-esque, who knows how much the rest of the game is (ignoring the obvious gay shit) that I missed.

Humans can only be nobels or mages. Every other race can be a commoner, subetly nodding to white privilege way back in 2009.

Story is pretty tame, but good for generic fantasy. The combat animations are dope though. Slaying a giant dragon in the face as it flails you around, knocking a grabbed partner out of the hand of an orgre.

To be honest, I can't think of any modern, pause-tactics, fantasy game that has come out recently.

You could try Pillars of Eternity, but I played 5 minutes of it and noped the fuck out of it.

da:o was pretty good. reminded me of the old rpgs I used to play.
not a 10/10 but definitely worth a shot

Why do you put spacing between every sentence? is this a new sign for autism?

I dread the day I let some faggot boogieman ruin everything for me forever.
Good thing I'm also not an incomprehensibly huge queer, so their magic doesn't work on me.

Anyway, it was pretty solid. Nothing to write home about.
Certainly better than the abortions that came after.

DA1 is the only one worth considering, of course.
It's okay. Not great, but okay. Do you want to play a real time with pausing RPG in a generic Tolkien style world? Are you fine with a fairly shallow system? (Extremely shallow if you don't play a mage, honestly.) Do you like Mass Effect 1 but wish it was a generic fantasy RPG instead? Then give it a try. It's probably five bucks.

Go play undertale faggot.

No point in playing it more than once, cocklover. It's severely overrated, but I had fun with it for the four hours it lasted.

Not so fast, beta bitch boy!

Closing down BSN was a mistake. You faggots are now spreading all over the tubes like a homosexual plague.

Fixed it for you fam

not even once

Loghain did nothing wrong and Sten was the best party member.

One day you'll grow up and go outside and realize that you're a tiny minority whining about another tiny minority and almost no one gives a single flying fuck about whatever kind of gay shit either of you are talking about.
The real mistake was allowing unfettered access to the internet for loud, ignorant peasants and their hopeless, confused offspring who think they know shit from their own dick.
Give me a fucking break, kid. I got more important things on my plate than your faggy baby politics. Both groups of your directionless generation should be deported to the fucking sun for the good of the world.

True. It is just a video game, after all.

I can't wait for ME4. It's bound to be BioWare's greatest masterpiece of comedy.

I couldn't fucking stand sten for whatever reason back when i played it. I left him to die like a bitch in Lothering

It's only considered good because it came out at a time when people were starved for RPGs. Same with Mass Effect.

You can already see some of the later Bioware faggotry in it but it's alright with the Combat Mod.

Seems we have triggered you bad. Whether or not people care is immaterial, fact is BioWare is a shit company, Undertale is a shit game, and you are gay.

You being the perfect example. People with objectively shit taste should not be allowed on the internet, or out of the womb even.

Which is why you are on an anonymous imageboard, the literal ass end of the internet, getting mad at "insignificant nobodies" because they called your taste in games shit.

See pic related.

Stop using words you don't understand, SJW filth.

Same for every BioWare RPG. Baldur's Gate rose to fame and was hailed as the poster child of the revival of the cRPG genre when it came out, mostly because there was zero competition with the same budget as them.

They are not a good developer, they have no understanding of what makes a good RPG. which is why they make the same game, with the same story, the same choices, the same party members over and over again. The only thing that changes with each new iteration is how much more of their inner tumblr they let leak into it.

I just couldn't slog through the shitty game. I tried three times to make headway and had to give up some ten hours in. It was making me physically ill and the narrative was boring me to tears.

Yes it is, but only if you like the theme and the universe. Play the tutorial and if you like the setting, keep going. Just pretend the game ends there
The expansion is better, but short