Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Yes, but this is the sequel and it's much better
Summon him in Single Lobby mode. Multi-Lobby crashes for whatever reason.
Something to do with the renderer being weird with alt+tab. Alt is also the descend button, so do the math. Borderless windowed seems to fix this
Known bug, supposedly being fixed in the Nov. 1 patch
The timing is extremely strict. Also, it seems to be buggy with a few mentors, usually the manlets. Train with Ginyu or Piccolo and you should be fine.
You can backdash after a teleport to avoid their spinning strike. This is an important part of the meta so learn this if you don't want to get raped in PvP and high level PvE.

Fight club when?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/454650/announcements/detail/555459872386531940
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Questions: Did the game fixed all the bad shit no the first one like the whole combat system? It is more like Budokai 3? More playable characters? Did the Character creator/editor was improved? Should I play XV1 in order to play XV2?

RNG unlocks were revamped to be incredibly less grindy, the combat was overhauled and tightened up with significant improvements to mobility and comboing, and the netcode was improved a great deal (still near unplayable with 2-bars or less, but supposedly it's getting another pass with tomorrow's patch).
More options for character creation but CaCs are still locked to their racial combo strings and hair doesn't change with Super Saiyan levels below 3. The story is basically an extended rehash of XV1 so avoid the first game like the plague. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

So this is basically the G/Ultimate version of Xenoverse like Monster Hunter does?

It's more comparable to going from Tenkaichi 1 to 2. There's a lot of reused assets (many of the PQs from XV1 are flat out in XV2 with minor edits, but with how much improved the game is over its predecessor they might as well be new missions. The AI is actually competent now and no longer cheats with infinite KI/stamina/super armor. Normalfags are actually whining that the game is too hard because you can't just mindlessly spam and win anymore.

I saw somebody ragequit because he tried to do raw Big Bang Kamehameha on Janemba, and the AI responded by guard-crushing him and facefucking him for half his health while his stamina was broken.

Super and GT are not canon.

Only DB, DBZ and the Bardock/Trunks specials are canon.

Anime > Manga
Dub > Sub
Faulconer > Kukichi
DBox > Blu-ray > Orange Bricks

I hear you can make a custom DBZ character in this game, how's the customization?

Post 'em.

You mean this Challenge 13? :^)

First for monkey cuties with booty

Yeah, how long did it took you? I cannot get the timing on the guard break for the life of me, it's always one nanosecond behind.

Can you make a cat or a freiza or a majin character in this game?

my current freezie pop

Majins and Friezas are go

I want to visit those salt mines you're talking about.
Only time it's safe to use ultimates now is after a stamina break. I like that.

Huge instructor. His height is maximum.

Can you make the friezas look like the smooth final form?

Holy fuck, what an awful way to build a character.
These bizarre stats. This moveset. I visited this faggot's steam profile too and got eye cancer. Do not recommend.

That's hilarious.

There's something off about the character's face too.
post the profile

he's a big saiyin.

I got to the giant monkeys in the main story and expected to take them out with Blue Hurricane. Nappa jumped into the air and knocked me out of it.

I'm not going back there again. I did it one more time for you user. Included the info too.

"Anime was a mistake."
-Me, Anonymous 2016.

Does this one still have an easily exploitable super armor pose that makes high stamina characters fucking invincible?

holy fuck i can't

why am i not surprised

Dammit

This spooked me more than the skeletons

This is a sin

I actually managed to create a QQ Bang with all 0's for stats. Using it forever unless I manage to create one someday that gives +5 to all non-strike stats.

WHY?

I've heard that putting points in almost any of the stats do literally nothing with the exception of Stamina and Ki. Also, I'm doing Freiza race with a focus on Melee, since hybrids were fucking useless in the first game. Has that changed?

I really wanna get to the HoT arc.

Once Cooler showed up, that was it. Shit was hype as hell.

I feel like putting stats into Basic Attack has made a difference. I can chain longer combos and they do slightly more damage.

You get close to 332 stat points in this one compared to xv1's 237, plus stats can go up to 125 now, so ignoring the health and ki you can hybrid effectivly if you don't care too much about absolute minmaxing

Easy enough to test with the Shenron respec wish.

Do some Death Beams or something in practice with Ki Blast Supers at 0 and again at 125 and post results.

I'm only at 60 points in Ki Blast Supers with 0 in Strike Supers, and already it feels like my Ki Supers are 20-30% stronger than my Strike Supers. I can one-shot groups of trash with my Evil Explosion, but there's not a single Strike Super I can use that one-shots jack shit.

Alt tab actually selects options for you in this game and confirms it as well. It blows hard.

So I've heard that physical attributes affect your stats

Thin weight: +50 Ki damage
Medium weight: +25 Ki damge & +25 Strike damage
Large weight: +50 Strike

Max height: +50 Health
Medium height: +25 Health, minor speed bonus
Min height: Major speed bonus

Then all the racial additives
Also inbound update soon with a supposed nerf to Giant Namekians
-Slower attacks speed
-Higher stamina cost to attack
-Quicker stamina drain

And a supposed rework for majins, of which I don't have the details for

Scrubs, the whole lot of them.

I found out that I own budokai tenkaichi for the PS2. Is that game any good?

All of the Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games are good, user. Go play it.
Yes, even Budokai 2.

The best part is how he loses his shit that you're somehow stronger than Majin Buu but never learned how to transform.

That is a nice booty.
People are saying the upcoming patch will supposedly make it so progress is tied to your account instead of character so I'm waiting

The first Tenkaichi is trash, which is why I compared it to Xenoverse 1. Tenkaichi 2 and 3 are great, though.

Jesus christ these people are scrubs. Giant Form isn't even good.

If ya check the top ranked fighters at the moment, a majority will be either human or namek
I have a feeling that Bamco will be using this board as a nerfing checklist in the future

Senpai noticed me

I'm pretty sure that happened to me after I equipped a bad QQ Bang, though I made a much, much better one recently.

Nevermind
Fuck I guess I was just having a fever dream over the leader boards

What is the best race? Also what is the most lewd clothing?

Aooo, can I pirate the game? I am not very interested in online, so that is not a problem.

should be fine

human females
Dunno about the clothes, broly's top though is a decent contender, or maybe launch's outfit

So, it's better than shit. But is it still shit?

Xenoverse only succeeded in making me play BT3 more.

If I play this one, should I just focus on ki and keep spamming the beams because melee is useless and gets you killed? Are transformations still garbage?

5 races.

Human, Saiyan, Namekian, Majin Buu, and Freiza's Race.

It's pretty good. In Xenoverse 2, the Freiza race gets Janemba horns.

Got Potential Unlock for my human striker thank God.

That Power Pole Pro thing is complete shite.
Either that or I can't use it.

Yajirobi's Wig is pretty good for giving female saiyans an appropriately feral look.

Transformations are now "Awakenings" and are toggleable if you have enough Ki. I've only tried out Super Saiyan so far, but it seems to make me a lot faster, make my melee more powerful and my ki supers much more powerful, and adds a flash step to my default light punch opener. The downside is that ki charges more slowly, which isn't really noticeable.
Melee is not useless, and it's much better than it was in XV. You can actually combo and chain really effectively now. Spamming ki supers has been nerfed somehow, supposedly, but it still seems pretty damn effective to me. I'm using them a lot less than XV, though, because of the improvement to melee. It's not always the optimal choice to just spam ki attacks anymore.

tldr - if you want, no, no

Full melee it is, then. Playing this one without ki.

Dang. I was hoping the powerpole was gonna be awesome since we aren't allowed to use swords for some reason.

Swords are only for toriyama's OC donut steel

I have one question.

Is there split screen this time?

Any recolorable battle panties that don't have the socks the default saiyan females have?

Is the game worth 50 dollars? Should i buy it?

That entirely depends on two things.
One. How much do you love dragon ball z?
Two. Can you stomach mmo style grinding?

Spamming supers/ultimates will get you raped by good players and higher end AI, as mentioned earlier in the thread. It's not viable against actually strong opponents anymore. What is viable, however, is doing sweet stamina crush combos into them for fuckhueg damage on the retards that leave themselves open by spamming supers/ultimates.

It was for me, but that's entirely subjective
No, you should pirate it first to see if you like it, then buy it if you want to play online. Same goes for all games.

question: do attribute points for stamina/ki work the same as they did in the last game, where 25 points gives you 1 bar?

x4 kamehameha is fucking awesome to pull off
but is there any way to use Time Skip/Molotov?
I'm doing a saiyan ki blast melee build with shit tons of stamina, so with five ki bars its fucking hard to land time skip.
I think it needs to be buffed. (either range or damage.)
I hope they put in some actually good time themed powers other than a shitty paralysis effect and a ult that barely works.

Is this better than the first game? Be honest Holla Forums.

You can combo into it with a hard stamina break (forward+triangle) because it leaves the opponent helpless until their stamina gets back. Yeah, it does complete trash damage for how much KI it costs and how hard it is to land. Definitely needs a damage buff. It seems they were very conservative with a lot of moves' damage values because they didn't want XV2 to turn into a shitty touch of death fighter like XV1 was. X20 Kamehameha is another move that sucks ass and does poor damage for how ridiculously hard it is to catch someone with it.

Literally the beginning of the OP, nerd.

Why should I believe him? Explain why it is better.

combo system is way fucking better than the first and melee is actually worth it.
shit is mostly balanced now, however the game overall is much harder I notice.
later on shit gets better as expert missions, flying in Conton City, and way fucking cooler awakenings are unlocked.
many of the problems except certain core issues have been fixed.
the issues I find are:

random drops
repetition after a little bit (reused assets and parallel quests do that.)
repetition regardless of reused assets outside of the story
and the fact that everything seems kinda underpowered if you don't buff correctly.
(even then that varies from person to person, a guy who has one thing in mind might find his strike moves insanely good, one shotting everything.)
lipsync fuckery during cutscenes
little bit boring story (but it's a little interesting. enough to keep you leveling.)

other than that, everything is fine, it's worth a pirate at the very least if you liked the concept of the first game, but didn't like it's execution.
beware, if you pirated the first game and are looking to transfer saves, it doesn't work from pirated to pirated version, or from pirated to bought version, and obviously doesn't work from bought to pirated version. former being XV1 and latter being XV2. it only works from bought to bought version
also you MAY be able to select your powered up XV1 character in 2's character select but I dunno.

The rest off the top of my head is already in the thread.

Super Cyan is so fukken ghey. I remember seeing photoshops in the nineties of Super Gayans with neon blue and red and green hair. Toriyama never stopped being a lazy-ass Jap.

What should replace the Majin transformation?
Being able to absorb opponents?

no.
that is a bad idea
we shalt not attract the degenerates
>vore rp buy xenoverse to roleplay their shitty fantasies with buubies

in seriousness it might be a little op depending on how it's executed, but the idea is good. maybe buu person absorbs opponent, and they get spit back out but a quarter of some select stats are transfered to the buu person until the transformation wears off/is deactivated?
purification form is a great idea and just needs some buffs.

Well, your Super Saiyan forms are now dictated by your ki instead in this game now..

I made a namekian i really like, but is it even viable without giant namekian? I have no interest in that transformation.

It's a fitan game. If you can fuck people up it doesn't matter if your build is top tier. Namekians have really good reach because of their stretchy arm bullshit, and are the tankiest race in the game. Your health even autoregens when low, which stacks with other forms of healing.

What a meme.

Yes. You can also make them look like Janemba and Cooler's Final Form.

protect your fucking dragonballs you stupid namekians

Does anyone know if the stat gains from weight/height are scaling or just a flat amount added to base stats?

flat

cool, thanks. Guess i wont worry about min maxing shit them.

Are female saiyans able to make good strike characters?

Statistically, they're worse at it than males.
In practice, they have better combo strings so it's a matter of personal preference.
The raw numbers don't make enough of a difference to be worth going male just for that

Super is canon.
manchild nostalgiafag autist spotted

He does this literally every thread. If you don't ignore him you'll get fired out of a cannon.

I think frost demons might be a bit OP

I hear they're high risk high reward with something about golden mode having 10% defense reduction

How tight is the input for knockback attacks, feels like I have to hit Y+B on the same frame or 2 frames, making this last combo challenge hell for me.

Dub IS better. If I wanted to read a book I would read a manga. The voices are cool and represent American culture.

First attempt after I post this I get it in one go.

Fuck.

I'm actually really disappointed that GT got shafted from the story mode again. The DLC missions from the first game kind of sucked. Trunks and the protag went to the timeline from Return of Cooler, I don't see why there couldn't have been a section of the game where the protag is trapped on the Tuffle planet or something. They've still got the Super 17 stage in the game for fuck's sake. Hell, it's been there since XV1.

story was disappointing all around I think
It was just XV1 again, with added trules and slug

how am i supposed to z rank power x10 x2? great ape transformation in the saiyan threat?

mfw i decided to share some combos on the jewtoob and people say it's impossible/bad just because they can't do it.

I don't know what you'll need for Z rank, but I do know that explosive Ki blasts (not supers) absolutely wreck apes. We're talking 1-shot their stamina bar and kill them in a single stun.

Yo where all my freezie niggas at?

Very nice!

I plan on trying out all the races eventually, but I'm waiting until tomorrow in case the patch actually removes the "all progress outside of unlocked skills and inventory is tied to the character" bullshit.

I have only ever seen one other Rime out there.

I wish you could make a giant icer like frieza's dad. I also kind of wish they had other "races" in the game, like Android, Ginyu Force (hodgepodge of "alien" customization options that share a common fighting style) and Mutant (tien/krillin etc).

That's a really good stat spread, though.

There are Ki Blast moves that cost 200 ki, but as a tradeoff, they come out really quick and do fair damage.

Earth Shattering Galick Gun is one of them, and Kaioken Kamehameha is another (not 4x KK, which DOES come out REALLY FUCKING QUICK but does eh damage even with the added one)

Suprisingly I've found that Yamcha's Spirit Ball is a really good move, since even if the first shot misses, it can redirect itself once to catch an opponent if they dodge to the side.

Also Beerus' Sphere of Destruction got nerfed big time, since it doesn't have homing properties that loop it around when someone's in your face like in Xenoverse 1, and a lot of skills lost their strong homing, like Saturday Crash.

As a result, they do much more damage by default, though.

I found it helpful to treat the guard crush in those like a rhythm game, using audio cues more than visual. As soon as you see that your character is going to go around back instead of just rushing forward just put the input in at the sound of the teleport rather than waiting for the camera.

That's what helped me, at least. Still bullshit though.

yo

Death Beam and Death Slicer are both pretty great for the same reasons.
Death Beam comes out faster than Dodon Ray, and if it hits you can hit the button twice more for 2x more damage for free.
Death Slicer comes out faster than Destructo Disk and moves faster, and you can hit the button again to make it re-track your target. If you time it right, you'll hit twice for double damage, and it does full damage through guards.
I've been using both since I unlocked them, and they're great to mix into my melee combos. I also keep Evil Explosion on as an area clearer for trashpile quests.

I don't use many ultimates at all, and my post-quest ratings have been suffering as a result since you apparently get a HUGE point bonus for killing shit with an ultimate, but the one that's served me best is Special Beam Cannon. It comes out a bit slow, but it's got unlimited range, has no travel time and it lingers for 3 seconds so the AI can occasionally wander back into it and get killed if you miss. It ignores guard and does absurd damage compared to everything else I've tried - usually a full health bar, sometimes more.
I've also got Elegant Blaster equipped, because its vanish and rapid movement makes it a great Offense/Evasion hybrid ability, and the shit-eating grin your character makes before unleashing is glorious. The damage is meh, though, and it's easy to accidentally move to a position with a shit firing angle and whiff it. Makes a good "fuck you" finisher, though.

So what would you guys recommend for Strike Ultimates?

Only two I have at the moment are the grab Slug gives and Dragon Fist.

I'm looking for something easily comboed into.

Towa was at least a little more creative with her history disturbances; like how she made the first protagonist dissappear from history.

He actually glitched for me in single player and couldn't do anything, so I barely won by wailing on him the entire time limit.

Try Neo-Tri Beam for an ult? I've found it to my liking if you have some distance. The shit will adjust aim if you opponent moves. There's also Death Ball from Frieza. Pan's ult is nice to since it comes out real fast but is only serious good close up.

Try the Justice move Gohan + Videl teach you. It's feels good to use and comes out at a nice speed.

O fug Broly is in this one? neato.
You guys think this'll stay alive long enough to warrant a purchase when holiday sales come around?

Is there anything special I have to do to have Gohan and Videl as mentors? Cause I've been going through everyone on the map, and they're one of the two not listed, the other being Broly.

Finally beat this goddamn challenge. They could really improve the challenge by properly showing you the timing, and allowing you to rewatch your mentor performing it without needing to do the entire challenge over.

Most ultimates are easily comboed into. Just pull a combo into a launch into a vanish into a stamina break, then trigger the ultimate.

The Frieza army questline is killing me, all these soldiers that are working so much harder since I joined and are actually really nice guys, even fatpink and bluegay look up to me.

Has anyone been able to Z-rank Lord Slug's third quest? I'm having a terrible time not getting hit by the 6 Cell Juniors.

Fuck I chuckled.

Fuck this online. Always get disconnected for being idle for an hour even though I'm moving around. And trying to play with friends seems to pretend our connections are shit or shuts their game randomly down. Even though, our computers are fairly high end.

I'm running a build that uses almost solely basic attacks with high damage and really high stamina to keep the upper hand- should I put points into ki so I have the 5 ki bars needed for kaioken x20 or save my points for elsewhere?

I noticed them after I finished Pan's training.

I've heard you hit 5 stam + Ki naturally by leveling, though you'll probably need the points if you play against other people with levels disabled.

If I liked the first XV and got 50ish hours out of it, would XV2 be worth getting now or should I wait for a price drop? Everyone seems to be saying it's basically a straight upgrade.

It's a straight upgrade, but 90% of the PQs are identical - as in directly copy/pasted in every detail from XV1.
What it's worth to you is your choice, but if you just want to enjoy the single player, I'd advise at least pirating it first.

Avoid Kaioken X20
evasive moves are not free with it and it has a 30% defense reduction
Use potential unleashed instead as it gives the same stat boosts with out the penalty of 30% less defense

I was really fucking disappointed with Kaioken. They should just removed the defense malus and just make it drain HP.

where does a nigga get himself potential unleashed

That sounds alright, I had quite a few PQs still left to do the last time I played XV1 since I spent most of my playtime messing around with the multiplayer. I'll likely give it a pirate at some point and then buy it in about a month's time if I like it.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FILTHY FIGHTING TRANFORM MONKEYS
REMINDER THAT FRIEZA DINDU NUFFIN WRONG
HE A GOOD BOY HE GON TO CHURCH ERRYDAY
HE JUST NEEDED MO' MONEY FO' DEM PROGRAMS
SO HE DOWNSIZED HIS EMPIRE BY BLOWING PLANET VEGETA UP
SHIT MANE DEM MONKEYS IS RACISS AS HELL

Z-Rank all advancement tests to unlock the secret one.

The combat is too shallow and the game is built like a tiny MMO. You guys said this would be fun. Why did you lie?

Cute bumblebee theme.
Using Broly for that hitbox I see.

Do humans still have that absurd ki regen?
That was the #1 reason I mained my humie chick last game. Fuck those golden monkeys, I could have potential unleashed up permanently and still regen ki with an android Z soul. It was absurd.

I've never really noticed my ki going up that much on it's own because I'm too busy curbstomping people.

However I'm pretty sure every races special traits were nerfed.

kek

I feel ya my brother
Had a character named KO Ken, this doesn't bode well for them
I hear there is indeed a super soul that adds more to Kaioken, and drains HP aswell

Fusions actually did that. It worked well enough.

Is it fix or no?

Dude that shit was fixed really early alongside the bullshit namek health regen

theres no downside to golden form I believe.
Either way you can just punch once and use the gumgum skill.

So not only do you have it so you can easily counterattack if they do vanish out of the punch, you can just disable em for retarded huge damage if they wait for a combo finisher like you're supposed to do when vanishing.

Also when the gum gum skill is finished it sends the player flying out of control in the air, which can lead up to ANOTHER gum gum shot. It's like an infinite combo and with the ki blast used you can build up your ki again just to use the gum gum skill, rinse and repeat.

Let's be clear here, what's the gum gum skill? Is it that ultimate where Lord Slug stretches his arm, punches the enemy in the fuckin' gut, and beats the shit out of them ending on an eye laser?

I think its a majin buu skill.
Or it could be Girans skill from dragon ball.

You basically shoot out a purple goo from your mouth and if it hits the target it binds them in place, you can't push them away when you use it or hit em hard with punches, but you can get a free ultimate attack onto them, or you can use it to build up Ki. Or you can use other nasty tricks with it.

Thanks user.
And yeah, I read somewhere that the challenge was bugged for manlets, so I decided to use the biggest nigga available.

Still wasn't exactly easy. took me about 45 minutes to get it done.

Is this better than knocking the opponent to the ground, using God of Destruction's Anger, and following with a ultimate?

Shit. My computer is a little bit too old for this one. I guess I can't play it, since I'm never upgrading again.

Where's the PS3 version?

Time to throw some questions out there.

Does "I'll use all my strength to kill you" stack with the earthlings max ki bonus? If not, whats a better soul for strike users?

Oh, that one!

off topic, I hated how Giran's fight in Dragon Ball just kinda ended when his gum skill got broken out of by Goku. He just fuckin' gave up. He's a somewhat badass punch dragon and he got one of the worst fights in the series when he was built up as a total asshole with power in the bar scene.

I could write a better ending to that fight and I ain't even a writer.

I haven't honestly tried using ultimates with it, since golden form Ki blasts hit so much harder at the cost of literally nothing.

Maybe you can test it with the god of destruction anger. If it doesn't work when binded, use it when it releases them and they are flying in the air.

Another skill I can reccomend is majinbuus innocence cannon, so it can throw people away onto the other side of the map, when that happens use Towas healing skill, should be helpful when you want to heal in a fight.

The thing about the stamina ground break is it's situational, if you don't stay close to the ground when you bash someone onto it, or if someone outright dodges because you don't have a reliable paralyze move, it's hard to combo into an ultimate. the gum and the paralyze moves open this option up more, but the difference between low stun paralyze moves like the Paralyze ki blast and Saturday crash means you have to use it at medium range to get a combo in and at short range to get a stamina break knockdown in.

The gum has a big enough stun time to do either move from both short and medium distance, but it's kinda silly at the same time, but it's one of the best utility moves in the game from what i've seen.

Also again off topic, Black Goku has a really, REALLY fucking good ultimate, Black Kamehameha, it's not a recolor, it operates differently from regular beam ultimates in that Black Goku sucker punches you, THEN fires the beam. It's like the only easily comboed into beam ultimate in the game i've seen, in a game where most beam ultimates are best used when your enemy's distracted or it also has deceptive properties like Elegant Blaster's teleport.

Generally you want to focus on getting a good QQ Bang first, since it'll outstrip whatever equipment you use to fuse it with.

A good strike Super Soul would generally be anything with a Barrage ki blast. I don't have much information on Super Souls, but I get the general gist that they're less useful then Xenoverse's Z Souls were, but that was because Xenoverse was shit and battles could be decided by equipment then.

Do QQ Bangs really buff that much?
Isn't the most +5 to each stat, whereas you could have +20 to each stat with four pieces of equipment that each give +5?

I don't think QQ bangs work that way as I think that the 0-5 levels are different in that it's a general power tier, so +20 could really be +5 when fused into a QQbang, and there was a tutorial message that said that QQbangs can outstrip equipment in power.

Note that I'm new to this so take it with a "Chris-chan sonic's arms are not blue" level of salt.

Fair enough. It's something that can easily be tested in the practice arena, anyway.

0/10 poor bait

I'm fine with Super being canon, honestly.

edin b8

t. low-testosterone beta male

Super's not poetry, but it's much less terrible than people like to moan about. The first ~40 episodes being rehashes of the movies didn't help, and the animation quality really can't be defended, but the show turns out to be pretty entertaining.
I mostly enjoy how much more lighthearted it is than Z. It feels more like a cross between Z and DB in that sense, with the ridiculous power level insanity as more of a macguffin to keep the plot going than the actual focus of the show.

I'm sure I'll get 101 replies now, though, about all the ways my opinion is literal, physical cancer and Super is so bad that it causes PTSD, but that's fine. It's fine.

QQ Bangs add 4x the stats that they show. They're meant to replace all 4 clothing slots, so they take that into consideration.

So if you have a QQ Bang with:
+3 health
+2 Ki
-2 stamina
-4 base attack
+2 strike super
-1 Ki super

It would actually give you:

+12 health
+8 Ki
-8 stamina
-16 base attack
+8 strike super
-4 Ki super

Oh, awesome. I was hoping that's how they worked, but the UI doesn't do much to indicate it. I probably button-mashed through some tutorial that explicitly laid it out for me, though.
Thanks for the info, user.

Putting points into Basic Attack is pointless, I just tested it after having 80 points in it and now with 0 I am doing just a tiny bit less damage.
Focus on getting the ki and stamina you want, some health and then dump what remains in the super type you like.

Th uncut Kai dub is the best dub and is superior to the original funi dub in almost every way.
Chris Ayres is also a far better Frieza and made the Resurrection F movie.

What were the actual number differences, do you remember? I'd be nice to get a hard percentage-increase-per-point figure.

Super is a fitting sequel to Z and wipes the GT abomination from canon forever.
It has some shitty animation but if it could be tidied up for BD releases or something it would be great.
Fight me nostalgiafags.

I haven't watched it completely, but from what I've seen is barely above flash quality in animation.
And story hasn't mattered since cell games.

I didn't test it on the practice mode because I'm a complete idiot and forgot about that. I tried both in the PQ where you can get Broly's clothes, the difference was only noticeable in the last hits of the combo.
I was still taking off more than half of his health bar with one combo. I might get the dragon balls again and give it 125 in Basic Attack and compare them against 0.

Super is as much as an abomination as GT.

Atleast GT doesn't have shitty Flash/Vaseline animations.

My pleasure user.

I'd also recommend not worrying the first time through, until you find a QQ that suits your style, and build your stats around that.

42 points per bar, not counting clothing stats. the third bar is given to you with 125 points instead of 126 since max is 125.

I never put my points into health, and I play a Freezerpop so i'm supposed to be a superfast glass cannon anyway.

For me it'd have to be Ki, stamina and an equal spread on both Ki super and Strike Super, with a QQ bang that enchances both Strike and Blast, or if that isn't possible a separate one for each depending on which moves are in the build at the time.

I plan on making a full set of presets with different fashions and moves since this game added QQ bangs.

Where's the patch?

Probably coming at like 6PM central or some shit because Namco doesn't give a fuck about PC.

Are there patch notes anywhere?
Did they fix having to completely restart the game when you make another character?

They didn't give complete patch notes, just some general information. Hopefully they do once the patch actually drops.
steamcommunity.com/games/454650/announcements/detail/555459872386531940 is the announcement they gave a few days after launch.
There's rumors they're going to fix the progress being tied only to your character which is why I'm waiting until the patch to roll up my alts but it's not confirmed.

Not sure, but they nerfed golden form and giant namekian hard. Giant namekian now deals 50 percent less damage and can only get around 20 seconds worth of use at 7 bars of stamina according to a friend with a console version.

Why the fuck is it so impossible to Z rank the fucking God level exam?

I swear, no matter how many times I complete it, I still only get S rank, and I'm even making sure I get in 3 throws, 20 ki hits, 3 supers, the lot of it. I still end up with about 11K points each time.

Fuck, they don't make Potential Unleashed easy to get, do they?

You have to get in five throws, five supers, and five ultimates. You also should finish with an ultimate, and transform at the last enemy.

If after all says you still can't get it, there's a Super Soul called 40 ton weights! you get from an NPC on the roof of the PQ counter area once you've cleared the main story.

Got a few questions:
- Is their anyway to stop those annoying Guru's house is in danger messages?
- Is it just me or are companions even more useless this time around?
- Is their any decent Strike Ult I should get? Don't say Blue Hurricane.

Hitting with 20 ordinary Ki Blasts helps too.

That's just for more EXP, I don't think it counts towards Z-Ranking.

so points in basic attack aren't worth it confirmed?

If you've got Guru's House to 100%, you can just ignore the messages.
If you're not at 100%, ignoring the messages reduces your completion% every time you do a mission without first clearing the Guru House quest.

I really wish Super wasn't Cannon.
It looks like complete ass tbh.
Stupid "blue hair transformation" which fits in line with everything else in the series which just seems to be rehashes of previous Saga's with recolored enemies that could have come off of DeviantArt.

I tried to get into it, it was just awful all around.

So instead of watching Super I decided to watch Kai, I have been enjoying it, way better than people give it credit for.
Its music is complete trash, nothing will beat some of those Faulconer tracks. Vid related being one of them. Cell Saga is best Saga, Cell is best villian, Gohan going SS2 and wiping the floor with Cell is best DBZ moment

So is this game worth playing ?
What type of combat does it have ? Like is it a strict fighting game or an action game ? Is it Budokai 3 2.0 ?

I might pick it up on a Christmas sale if its worth it.

Never gonna happen. But the combat has been revamped.
Yep. Including a few from Super.
So slightly but is pretty identical. Just more options basically.
Not really unless you want two donut steels fucking about in the story and a headstart on moves and cash. Story isn't too different and only bits that matter are recapped basically.

I'm quite enjoying it personally since it tweaked problems I had with it (the RNG is less shitty, faster hub travel, combat feels more fun and transformations aren't hogging an ultimate slot now), but you shouldn't go in expecting Budokai 3 or BT 3. They're going for different things.

I wish it was a bit cheaper. I'd dive for it for sure if it was.

How's pvp?

Remember, you need an answer to long range players, and you need a stun.

It's best to have some sort of long range attack to pester your opponent into attacking you from short range.

It's like $43 on G2A. If I wasn't completely burned out, I'd grab it and recreate Vidalia, the onion-booty'd Hyper Saiyan.

Basic attacks are ok.
But basic attacks also strengthen your Ki blasts.

If you have golden form frost demon and buff it with a soul, you can do higher damage then any special attacks in just one attack. It's so easy to user after a punch or you can be cheap and use the Go-Go Gum skill and spam ki blasts at em, taking mostly a full health bar off.

Where is the update Eggman?

Well shit, I'm guessing me putting 95 in Basic Attacks was pretty fucking retarded then?
I'll just have to respec then.

Guess I'll put 30 in BA and mix and match with Health and Stamina since Ki is never an issue for me.

I'll tell you when you bring me that frog with the long tail.

I maxed it with my frost demon and I am killing everything in seconds through ki blasts.

But I don't know how good it is with other races.
Some attacks are stronger depending how much Ki you have, like nappas mouth blast.

I think for my next character I'm gonna run max Stamina and Ki Supers, then bully people with Neo Tri-Beam.

Went a human.
I guess since I saw higher level enemies health bars going down pretty fast when I punched them I automatically assumed that it was the 95 points doing that.

Did they seriously need to fuck ultimate beam attacks in this so bad. I try to use something like Final Flash and when the camera comes back round so I can see what I was shooting at the target is usual on the complete opposite side of the fucking area if it's not a giant.

Some attacks track well, others don't. Unless your opponent is a retard, you're going to need to do a hard stamina break for them to sit still long enough to get hit by it. The moves that are slow and have no tracking tend to do fuckhuge damage to compensate. I say usually because Time Skip/Molotov is garbage.

>dude gets up and rolls right through the beam because of invincibility frame fuckery

Every. Fucking. Time.

God of Destruction's Anger.
Use it after a long combo where you toss them to the ground, it'll afford you more than enough time to nail them every time.

Yes, the saga where Vegeta turns into a bitch whining about MUH KAKKAROT MUH PRIDE while getting his ass handed to him (twice), Trunks telling Android 18 to simply leave the island shes on instead of blowing her up while three episodes later he's going all Holla Forums on 16 refusing his help because Androids are scum, and Gohan being the hero to suddenly depend on out of some contrived internal conflict because YOU HAVE GET OVER UR FEAR even though he was already a little ass kicker at that point… was the best saga.

Cell a shit. Buu arc was needed just to alleviate how DBZ was up its own ass on how "serious" it became.

I doubt any you remember me from the Xenoverse 1 threads.
If you do, thanks fam luv u 2 no homo.

Basically I made a list of every PQ and Mentor Mission, also the requirements to get the Ultimate Finish and the score needed to Z-Rank it (based on the lowest score we could get and still Z-Rank it).

Pic's related.

Any you niggers want to help me with Xenoverse 2?
I'll need to go through the shit I've done then I'll get you lot to help me in the parts I'm missing.

Need scores for:
- Parallel Quests (Ultimate Finish info may also be needed.)
- Mentor Missions
- Expert Missions
- Time Rift Mission (Guru's house etc)
I think those are the main one besides the main storyline.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

I hear the majin transformation is literally just kid buu even for females. Can anyone confirm? How does it play?

Can confirm, kid buu form even has his moves

Even his supers? Is there any point in using that form at all?

not sure haven't unlocked it, but you'll need your awoken skill to complete the game

Confirmed.

Canonical reason for it is that even though there are "male" and "female" Buu's they are still all genderless blobs and the Kid Buu form is the true form of all Buu's.

Real reason probably?
Devs are lazy as fuck mane.

Just use Kaioken or Potential Unleashed.

Didn't dbo at least have a different pure form for female buus? Also I thought that kid buu was killed before buu split.

Is there any reason not to use Kaioken? Super Saiyan sucks in comparison.

I thought Kaioken sucked, or did that change with today's update?

I remember you user-senpai

does thsi game have loli chichi

Thank you, Broly.

Anons, what the fuck do I have to do to get Gohan and Videl to show up as mentors? They're the last mentor I need before I finish all of them, and they just don't show up anywhere. I've heard that they spawn around the Academy, but they aren't anywhere near it.

That doesn't sound like the vastly superior japanese soundtrack.

Does Majin Vegeta have that attack?

Can Donut Steel learn it?

Well that explains it, thank you user.

tri-beam is fucking badass
I wish that Toryiama would find a fucking use for the human fighters, specifically Tien like what he did in the cell saga.

Guru's house is under attack.

200 medals in the medal only shop fam

?

Yes he does, his second variation has it.
And I don't know.

Where is the update, Eggman? You told me there would be update

Yeah they don't show up.

Not that it matters because I'm fucking done with this broken ass piece of shit game with its psychic AI that always knows where your asshole is so they can fuck it raw.

Narutofags never learn

I've glitched outside the playable area thanks to alt tab
Flying towards the giant shenron

It's 200 TP- "Final Explosion".

The only other thing that costs that fucking much is Dragon Fist or whatever it's called (the one Goku used on Hirudegarn)

How original

My problem isn't with the animation, but the fact that there doesn't seem to realistically be any weight to the scenarios in the series. The only good thing that's happened so far is that the Mafuba technique became relevant again, but even then, they ruined that by having Goku be retarded again for no good reason. This arc could have ended on a good note if they didn't even bother attempting the Mafuba until after Zamasu fused with Black, and if the Mafuba was successful.

I think there's a time and a place for everything. I like the light-heartedness, but not in the middle of shit-gets-real time.

go on an adventure

Way to look at it is that Super is less DBZ and more DB

Not that one. This one.

So can you play online with the pirated version like the last one?

So how's the race balance now

Are Namekians still shit? Are Humans good? Do 99% of people still play Saiyans?

Nameks are good, patch might fuck em a bit
Humans are good, blasting masters
And yes, everyone kinda wants to be a saiyan, but there are more non saiyans

Planning on rolling a strike character, what would be the optimal race for that now?

stupid question time. I Haven't been able to get the Kamehameha emote because I don't have the correct Gather Energy emote. I only have Gather Energy 2, not 1. Is it locked behind different races or something?

Frieza

Stats would be a male saiyan for super saiyan 3 or male human or female majin
Nameks are still good due to stamina and some exclusive ults
Appearance affects stats which can be seen here

Other than that just go with preference

Meh, maybe I'm retarded, just roll a characterh
Golden freezer only affects Ki If I remember though

Any one with a namekian wanna do me a quick favor?
Test out if lord slug's ultimate has a faster start up on the namekian version compared to the non namek version

lord smug has worst skillset

I used to play a MUD game way back in the day called DBZW:Reloaded (DBZ World Reloaded) and its racial creation was basically this:

Humans
Saiyans
Half Saiyans
Nameks
Freezers
Androids (like 16, 17, 18)
Bioandroids (Cell types)
Mutants

Each one had their sort of differing things on leveling up.
Almost everyone gained powerlevel through fighting except Androids and Bioandroids.
Androids would gather powerlevel through quests to gain "power chips" and bioandroids would get it from absorbing biomass.
Saiyans and Half Saiyans had "near Death" bonuses that if you were hit to a -4 (you died at -5 and beyond) health and you didn't die, then when you got ticked back to at least 1 you suddenly got a shit load of power level.
Each race had their own transformations and skills available.
Transformations would raise powerlevel but also give different buffs/debuffs.

Oh, and the thing about "Mutant" was that it was the catch-all race for all those aliens that were never really defined. These guys would have two "mutations" that would affect their stats and appearance (description in the text MUD).

Anyway, I always look to see if a modern game would get this nuanced with it and they never seem to do so.

Gonna try this, would it be a bad idea to go with max height and max buff or do I need to be a manlet for maximum speed

Super if fine for what it is. its trying to be a little bit of DBZ, while trying to channel a little bit of DB. Its also has always been a parody series, but people want to forget that.

I'll never understand how those nips think Goku's Japanese voice is acceptable

Cell Saga was the best mate.

The main reason I like it so much is all the main characters get a chance to shine, instead of it just being about "Muh Goku" and his side bitch Vegeta.

Picolo, Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, all get fights where then get to come out on top.

I just wish that shit happened more, but this Goku dick riders were just too strong.

I have a feeling that Toriyama making Goku borderline retarded in Super is his subtle revenge against Goku fan boys.

I'll never understand how burgers think any of this is acceptable

Am I the only one who uses SSJ in a dumbass RP sort of way now that you can turn it off when you want?
Since there's no downside to being constantly powered up this time the only reason I would be in my base state otherwise is if I choose to be. So I like to stay in my base state until I "come up against a powerful opponent" or I want to "power up to maximum", shit like that.
It's pretty fucking gay, yeah. But I'm having fun.

Still better than granny Goku.

GGGaaaaaaayyyyyy

How about addressing the points I made

I agree.
Yep, like Chaotzu staying at Roshi's house and Yamcha getting cucked then impaled.

Goku didn't know what testicles were and didn't know how to fucking count in Dragon Ball. You're just some normalfag who watched DBZ once when you were 9, and never saw Dragon Ball, and haven't watched anything since outside of some out of context clips from DBS. You know jack shit. Cell saga is basically for retards who want a couple decent fights strung together by genuinely awful writing that makes Super look like Ulysses.

Kai dub is way better than that. All the actors sound more natural.

Except that shit actually got changed.

Kek'd
Yamcha gets his revenge in this game. He gets it hardcore.

Does anyone know how to get earth destroying galick gun? I have tried that one pq about 20 times.

He's a fucking monster, not even Perfect Cell could help me beat him.

Goku showed up to help me and he murdered him too, before finishing me off.

I know.

Kai isn't being discussed.

Which is why it's shit. You niggers love whining about (((localization))) and bad acting but when you're reminded of something you enjoyed in your free and careless youth, unlistenable (((localized))) product gets a pass. It's like trying to prove a point to the 45 year old manchildren who will not accept that Robotech will always be an inferior bastardization of Macross.

How can you listen to a dub where people get the shit beat out of them and the most harsh profanity they'll utter is DARN YOOU? How can you listen you trash that mistranslated lines and creates more plotholes than the original Japanese does?

You mean when he was a kid? There's about a 20 year difference between the end of Dragonball, where Goku was a teenager/young adult, and the beginning of Super. He certainly isn't a fucking rocket scientist, but there's no possible way he didn't learn a thing or two in that timespan.

That aside, he at least had a basic level of competence in DBZ Pre-Android/Cell saga, which was basically an extension of the original series up until the end of Namek.

Can't really say I disagree with this, though. The fights weren't even that great imo

Yamcha's always the best character in every game he's in.

His Fake Death skill is surprisingly versatile in that it ACTUALLY HAS INVINCIBILITY FRAMES and staggers on the way back up, he has extremely solid combos(unlike Goku and Black Goku which are all over the place), he has Spirit Ball, which can redirect itself to catch a dodging asshole from any range, his Wolf Fang Fist is a DAMNED good super, and his new Time Breaker form only has different techniques, not ones that mesh BETTER, because he's just that good.

Yamcha is best. The reason DBZ is not as good as original Dragon Ball was because Toriyama disrespected his glory.

We weren't discussing the original dub either. I just stated how terrible Goku's Japanese voice is and you started sperging out and getting defensive like a massive autist, you were the one who brought up the dub.

We get it, you have terrible opinions and want all of us to know.

That's what I was referring to. And it doesn't look like anyone defended the awful old dub, aside from saying it's better than granny Goku. Which I agree with.

It's because Japs never kick a VA off a character ever, barring professional scandal or other such dishonorabur disprays. In the land of the rising sun, if you voice a character you are voicing them for life.
Dragon Ball featured Son Goku the loveable monkey kid. Naturally, who should voice a little kid but a woman for any length of time. Son Goku grows up, but he's still the same character, so of course we will keep the same VA for him, since that is now his voice. And we never kick VAs off a character.
Yes, it's retarded, but if you think of it in that way and imagine yourself in Jap shoes you can make sense of it. Even be endeared to it in a weird way if you ever want to watch DB in japanese for some reason.

Well he is one of the strongest fighters on earth :^).

Look if you triggered for me thinking DBS is shit, I'm sorry but I gave DBS an honest shot. That Resurrection F arc/movie was stupid as shit. A recolored Frieza who has somehow gone from getting his ass kicked by SS to as strong as a God in the timespan of 6 months ? Stupid as fuck. GT looks good in comparison to it

Also if your complaining about the "muh seriousness" fucking Goku Black cuts himself and pull out a scythe and this was right after giving about ten thousand Crawling in my Skin tier "muh mortals muh justice" speeches.

Also Yamacha getting Yamacha'd is nothing new.

And Goku was a child for the majority of DB, it makes sense for him to be stupid. But in super that nigga is like mother fucking SpongeBob, way to fucking cartoony. I also don't think DBZ was too fucking serious as a whole either, I remember plently of episode with nonsense in them.

Also, Vegeta had his hard on for Goku long before the Cell Saga, I mean that shit started during the Saiyan saga. Although, I will say that the Buu saga had some great moments for Vegeta, it was kind of like redemption for him.

Also, I can count the animes I have watched on one hand, DB, DBZ, DBGT and Cowboy Bebop.

I'm actually thinking of doing a shitty ass character with shit like Hercule's moves, terrible QQ bang, no evasion moves and with only the body change.
Although I'll probably wait to see what is the least used race, so less people could actuallly fight back properly after the change..

just listen to the Latin America dub

Probably male majin

it has pros and cons truth be told

I was bawling when I saw that. I swear they are trying to top themselves every episode with how disproportional edgy they can make him.
>Having team with himself in a log cabin out in the woods with a beautiful view of the sun rise and sun set.

remember when they couldn't decide on how saiyan and it went from "sai-yahnn" to "saya-jinn"

What voice did you take because it's really awful. Hah ahhhhhhhhhhhhh~ like she's taking a dick instead of fighting. What the hell?

It's the meme voice of "she's an airhead that cares about literally nothing" trope. Yeah, it's a bad voice.

I don't want to be a manlet but I also dont want to be slow, I hate the fact that appearance options affect stats. Is the health bonus for max height even worth it? I feel like the speed bonus is just completely better.

Depends on race. The difference is about 10 percent difference in terms of speed and health. Namekians are usually best with short characters, while frost demons benefit from the health.

so tropes are now meme's?
What the hell is happening to the internet as of late. Everything is regarded as a fucking meme it may as well be a buzzword

Testing some of the different body types to see the effect on gameplay.

Apparently, height has absolutely no discernible effect on attack damage or speed. You can compare the two webms here. They contain exactly the same number of frames (135), start the frame before the first attack in the combo connects and end the frame after the last attack connects.

Weight on the other hand DOES impact attack damage, ki blast damage, and both kinds of supers and ultimates. This combo on a slim character does 425 as seen in the webms. On a fat character it does 460. Basic charged ki blasts are reversed, the slim character does 120 and the fatty does 112. Supers follow the same trend, fatter characters do slightly more strike and slightly less ki damage.

However, if you look at the numbers the results are not all that significant, at less than 10% damage difference between the weakest and strongest body types I don't really think it's worth choosing your character's look for stat purposes.

note for testing the characters are all level 2 (the result of completing the first mandatory story mission before I can hit training), and have NOT had any stats or equipment assigned past what they are given by default.

height is supposed to effect movement speed not attack speed.

For weight, the middle is the races base stats. Skew to skinny and it skews stast for your basic ki and ki supers better. Heavy is vice versa.

Maybe it's % based so with level 2 characters it doesn't seem like much with the absolute values being so low, but at higher level it could be a lot.

I'm assuming it's percent based, which means that at any level it's only going to be an ~8% difference between max and min. Of course maxed out that could amount to a few hundred damage per combo/attack, but only if you are doing thousands at that time.

I really don't consider move speed to be a particularly important stat in this game, so I'm not going to bother testing it. I expect the difference is also

In XV1 I think the differences were closer to 30%, although there was no accurate way of testing. At that point it's definitely worth picking for stats.

So has anyone managed to get this working on WINE? Im on the middle of pirating it but it will take a while.
pls no bully

All I'm going to say is that if you run Linux only to try to play games on a Windows emulator when you could just as easily have pirated Windows instead, you only have yourself to blame when it doesn't work.

but then you'd have to restart your PC every time you wanted to play vidya

So Linux is your dedicated shitposting OS then?

considering the shitposting to playing vidya ratio Linux would be the superior OS for 95% of people on Holla Forums

So I'm playing a human female and I honestly have no idea what to make my skill set. I've got Punisher Drive and Max Charge for sure but I don't know about anything else. I have Maiden Blast as one of my ultimates but since you can vanish out of the stunlock before the big damage hits, I need something else.

Since there's a lot of supers, I just want to know what supers don't suck rather than what my whole set should be. Also, how do I unlock Potential Unleashed?

Potential Unleashed requires a Z rank on all the advancement tests, which unlocks one that can reward it and a random piece of the time patroller uniform you got from completing the story in the first game.

I had the first one. I enjoyed it enough, but the cheating enemy pissed me off a bit. Worth getting? I've read the thread, still not entirely sure.

If I do buy, worth buying the jew pass?

This is gonna be hellish.

kill me

any advice for a dumb motherfucker

become proficient

Shut up Gotenks.

For those with the patch, did they patch needing to restart the entire game to roll an alt?

I always go SSJ3 on my chick because it makes her look like the tiny, violent, feral animal she is.

You mean the uniform that I ported over that they completely fucked the stats on for strikers?
Glad to know i can pass on that.

This actually is a surprisingly deep fighter for only having 2 melee buttons. Im rather impressed. There's a lot of depth to the vanish/stamina system now that isn't easily apparent. Vanishing and trying to immediately attack/grab/etc is countered by back hitting, but vanishing and then back stepping can be used to bait out back hits. You can combo unavoidably into stamina breaks when they have less than 2 bars of stamina, which lets you combo into crushingly devastating ultimates like perfect kamehameha. You can even use supers to try and reduce their stamina mid combo to do this. Stuff like this makes the online vs really interesting.
The only problem is that there are some EXTREMELY broken supers right now. You can infinitely high stamina break someone with a certain super after getting them with it just once which is just stupid and unfair. Hopefully that gets patched, but CaCs are cancer in vs anyways. OG characters or gtfo.

If you're talking about Beerus' finger laser then I want you to know that you're a bitch boy.

can't say muh immersion appreciates this

It's based on your ki now.

Are there any bullshit missions like the one where you swap bodies with Ginyu for half the battle, and you have to defend your retard allies? I already wasn't having any fun with the game but that just made me uninstall from the sheer force of "I don't give a fuck anyway, free space"

I pirated it and still feel ripped off jesus christ.

Yes or no?

ignore the 3 on health, i fucked up

also i'm a saiyan male

So is it actually worth buying this for multiplayer? Been playing pirated so the game is alright. I definitely don't know anyone who plays it and I'm far from good at it as a fighter.

p-post pics

That's fucking hilarious.

Okay, Piccolo has a damn good seiyuu, I won't even deny.

I haven't even played the game and I can tell you, it's NOT worth it.

Where the hell do I get good strike ultimates? Or strike ultimates in general?

my saiyan

All she needs is thick rimmed glasses, and you got yourself the perfect tumblrina. Seriously that baby face is awful

What are the dos and don't on stat spread?

I'm sorry Tumblr has taken anime hair colors from you. I won't let it do that though.

IS it really hard to z rank those? I z ranked all of them on my first try.

Apparently future SS makes you regenerate stamina faster as well. Is this true?

A Great strike Ultimate is probably Justice Combination you can learn it with Gohan & Videl's training.
They also give you some ok techniques.
I'm rolling a Ki Blast char so I didn't test them properly, but Justice Combination is fast as balls and probably hits like a truck with correct allocations.

I reckon purple hair would've looked better tbh

If they allow appearance remakes, wigs, and other shit like they did in the first one then I'll likely do that.
I don't have huge patience for character creators to begin with, even these simple ones. Although I do prefer blues and reds for my female character's hair.

Disgusting filth.

It's hip to fuck bees.

Tumblr tier waifu. Not bee/10

I had no problems Z ranking 1-4, but 5 is a bitch. (in my build at least). I keep landing an S rank, but I'm gonna change up my attacks and give it another whirl.

I believe it negates the Ki boost penalty, but overall is weaker than the other versions, especially Super Vegeta.

Yeah, I'm a Ki player myself, but I've heard people ranting about how good Justice Combo is.

Bee/10

You're goddamn right.
Thanks, user.

does the game still have that long ranged broly strike super? Also, does clothes stats still make it impossible to go basic attack+ki supers

Nigga QQ bangs are where it's at.

Y-you too.

Also, I kinda want a new Ki Blast Ultimate to replace Spirit Ball. I already have Death Ball and having two ball ultimates is kinda lame.

Someone want to explain to me what those clouds on the mountain are?

Fuck you.
Also the clothes are purple the now because it went with the ninja outfit I had on him before.

This is what she says to the humans:
"Wow! Check out the Earthling with the heavenly body! Gooorgeous!"
"We should go shopping together sometime! Will you choose my next outfit for me?"

Dating sim DLC when?

I recorded myself when I glitched outside the playable area if you want to see a webm of those clouds up close.

that's a gay name

which one of you is "meme supreme"?

Pictures?

I can't even tell what Meme Supreme IS.

Did you just make that? Good shit.

and what are those?

What is Yamcha doing here?

Rate me, fresh out of character creation.

That one fucking pant leg ruins it.

An item that overrides your all of your clothing's stats so you can play FashionVerse. Good luck getting a decent one that doesn't have massive penalties to something you need.

holy shit I found myself…

Kekd hard

Saiyans confirmed for 0 fashion sense. Stupid monkeys.

I'm making Xenoverse great again with my boy Majin Trump

They really are random aren't they? I just used it for the first time and I mixed an item that only boosted ki supers with one that gave stamina and reduced basic attack along with a legendary hercule bage and my QQ bang turned out complete shit. Parameters are higher, but only in stats that I don't need.

I mixed super low level gear with a +1 to a single stat and no penalties, and threw in a Senzu Beansprout. Got a really decent QQ with no drawbacks so this is what I'll be using until I can make a good high-end one. Rarity seems to be extremely important in the mixing and Senzu Beansprouts are 5* despite only costing 500 zeni in the item shop so it's mo go-to.

Didn't you get the memo? Yamcha is badass in this videogame. Of course a Saibamen wouldn't have taken him out.

Namco really doesn't give a single fuck about PC huh?

Agreed, but I'm working on getting an actual outfit now. Mildly amusing my hero of Toki Toki is always referred to as 'he' when I played a female. It was funny beating the snot out of everyone as a puny earthling.
Doing a saiyan this time because I want to see how the hair changes in SS form now. Plus it apparently doesn't suck while Kaioken is dodgy. I had a fun trick with Kaioken in the first one; you activated it and used energy drain to keep it up while you smashed things with ki blasts.

Jesus christ, I wish the Japs could program better AI than this game has.

What do I miss out on if I don't have my XV1 save? Should I go back and make another, beat the game with it?

your XV1 character appears a few times in the story, and you receive whatever clothing and skills they had equipped (except for transformations and Bardock & Whis's skills which get transferred into zeni/medals)

THANKS NAPPA

Dodoria Launcher is fuckin' sweet, a really big ass beam followed by Ki spam.

You'll want to get two ultimates that are different and cover distances.

git
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

No seriously, unlike Xenoverse 1 this game is heavily skill based.

If you want to improve, go do Oldfuck Kai's challenge quests at the school.

Basic Attack increases are shit in this game, either make a QQ bang that increases nothing (get a cheap 5 star item from the item shop and two pieces of REAAAAALY low level gear that don't have red arrows and fuse til you get a Q bang with no drawbacks) Or fuse a QQbang that doesn't decrease stamina.

The stats you want to increase are Health, Ki, Stamina.

Strike or Ki Blast are optional because the damage buffs from them are far less, and it's more useful to have more health, ki and stamina, ki and stamina especially.

Your stat spread should either be
125/125/125/0/whatever/whatever
or
75/75/75/0/50 or 100/50 or 100

Basic attack barely does shit, and combat is more about landing Strong attack strings and supers.

also do shit for Guru over and over, you get extra wishes from him after the 3rd cycle.

What about Male Saiyans? The minmaxer in me thinks that increasing basic attack on the race that has the best basic attack damage makes sense. Is the bonus gained really that low?

I made one of whatever Chiaotzu is.

Neat. I wish the game had more body-types instead of just height and width sliders now that I think of it.

post autism backstories of your cacs

Yep. It's a result of the balancing they did. Specilization really isn't much of a thing anymore since every action has a much smaller minimum and maximum damage window.

A basic attack string (weak into strong combo) does damned good damage already, so as a saiyan, you're already good. Also SS3 will cover for any damage problems as it's a HUGE boost in attack power.

This game is ultimateley skill based, so as long as you USE your points, you'll be fine.

But Stamina and Ki are FUCKING IMPORTANT, because a 6 ki/stamina warrior can spam supers/burst dashes more then a 3 ki/stamina warrior.

I also thought about pairing the pilot suit top with the student skirt because it's cute, but I used the student skirt for my human qt last game so it seemed wasteful and it doesn't give off the Saiyan-vibe I'm going for.

I re-speced with the dragon balls after learning this stuff and now I have the full 125 stamina, 8 bars

but isn't having lots of stamina a bad thing since, if you get guard-broken, it takes longer to recover if your stamina is higher? Im not advocating for having no stamina at all, but wouldn't a middle-of-the-road approach be better?

It really only matters for about a few seconds.

Having higher stamina also requires that you have higher skill, and having higher stamina means that you'll out-vanish your opponent and be able to CONSERVE extra stamina.

Buu for bro of the year

Holy fuck, I think I just discovered that Turles' Meteor Burst is the greatest ultimate.

Last night I was testing it and it looked fine as a Defensive ultimate, for example punishing big mistakes, it could even punish a poorly done teleport, But I don't really know how to test it because no friends (with this game) and shit, So I'll probably try to jump with it for my first online vs matches and see what happens.
It already looks a pretty great move to rape through Ape missions.
Also the thread is kinda dying, just saying.

The thread is dying because of the bump limit. Someone can make a new one when it hits page 13.
Also, we really need to make a group or something so we can coordinate and actually play together. I'm assuming most people in this thread are on PC.

So far I'm in love with this game. Its awoken my inner 8 year old, thinking about fighting along-side the Zcrew.

have supreme waifu of time instead

new bread

what's even the point in more than baseline 5 bars of Ki at max level? There's no realistic situation where you will just be able to sit there to charge and you'll gain all the metre you need just by fighting.

My Saiyan Male is a baldy and the only reason he trained was to reach Super Saiyan 3 to get his hair back.

it's the other way around bub. more stamina = able to make more mistakes. When you DO get stamina broken the person with more stamina is going to take ALOT more damage since it takes so long to recover unless you're female majin.

I have 0 invested in stamina with gear that reduces to 3 bars at max level. When someone stamina breaks me, they can only get like 1 extra hit in.