EVE is going free 2 play

EVE is going free 2 play.

Thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that you are fucking late on this shit.

EVE has been a circlejerk of the rich face-fucking the poor for the last like eight years. F2P is just going to make that more pronounced - the guys on top are still going to pay/subscribe for premium status, and the plebs will continue to mine for them.

tl;dr nothing will change except it might inject more players, although as always happens only a very small percentage will actually stay

I think in terms of scale and substance, there really isn't anything like it. It is unmatched in both breadth and drama.

Well I have an IRL job so I won't even touch it, but good for them I guess?

it's a good example of what an MMO should be, considering the scale
and also what an MMO shouldn't be, when you think about
i might give it a try

The idea of F2P players being used as cannon fodder does kind of work in this game though.

I get the feeling EVE is the one game where going f2p won't cause any significant damage to the quality of the playerbase.

true, the player base is already an irredeemable turd.

I thoughts are why do people pay to play a job simulator instead of a wonderful adventure game?

It's an MMO. If you are a mining pleb then you have brain damage and deserve to be the bottom rung of the game and shit on for all eternity.

I wish my job was space mining. As long as I also had terabytes of music, books, and games to keep me entertained.

the game itself is still boring as fuck so whatever

It's pretty exciting to escape people that are hunting you in low sec.

I hate to say it but in EvE you really HAVE to make your own fun. There's plenty of stuff you can do, even alone and in nullsec - Unlike other space games.

The wave of fresh players will mostly be turn out to be fresh meat for the grinder though. I doubt many players will stick around.

I thought it was already F2P

Saves me the subscription to remind me why I'm not playing anymore.

The F2P is limited to T1 space ships, so it's really not much more than an extended demo.

My issue with the game is the artificial security that is given to the elite of the playerbase.

In real life, no matter how powerful or rich you are, a hobo with a knife and some luck can end you, and there is no coming back from it. In the game, you can fucking forget that right now. Even if it were possible, what then? You'd just respawn, you may lose a few things but nothing major. Only way to do proper damage is spent a pair of years infiltrating a corp.

Pretty much the game went to shit after CCP introduced capitals.

It's shit t b h

and this is why it fails

Fuck off, its sandbox is why it succeeds. You've either never played it before or you don't know how to play games that don't hold your hand through until the end.

What horrible things will they do to monetize it?

money => PLEX => AURUM => ship skins/clothing

You know what's going to happen: 90% of newcomers will be fake chinese farm accounts of grinders that will offer their service to players selling them stuff and stealing their accounts in game/ or infecting their PCs with malware to steal credit card details.

MMOs should have some level of entry (like 5 bucks/euros) to prevent those chinese niggers and braz gibs me money from them. I only became aware of that, when I jumped from F2P games into subscription ones. There might be less people, but no gold farmers, or gibsmemoniez are present.

Also russians writing in their nigger-alien writings are cancer.

There have always been trial accounts used for spamming rmt bullshit. The f2p accounts don't change anything in that regard.

What you will get is mining bots and suicide alts, though.

this butthurt over his dying MMO

yeh thats why 90% of the player base stays in hi sec

The "sandbox" is a grindy failure of successive failures of sovereignty systems.

The borders of the map may change but everything else stays the same.

I don't play and I've never had a paid account. The most I've ever done is the 12 days free trial. You're shit and your opinions are shit because you're a nofriendz faggot. That will never not be true and your opinion on the subject will never not be wrong.

sure mate.

welp
game was cool while it lasted

Hm… I tried the game a few times and I can't get into it.

What happened to the shooter that was supposed to be linked to EVE?

Thoughts on this is that I'll likely roll a pirate because fuck it because there's no risk anymore. If you loose a ship you just regrind, no damage done. Whereas before its like I don't want to grind because I'm paying $15 a month for this crap game.

Game was already pretty trollish, so f2p is just going to make it worse. But if you faggots play I'll play with yers, who knows could be fun pissing off paid accounts and making them unsub.

Dust 514. Came out on PS3 only so none of the Eve players were really able to play it, the bulk of them being PC gamers, and it died like a bitch 3 years after launch, getting shut down earlier this year.

Yeah sure thing mate.

Well, the SA Goons got their shit wrecked and got butthurt as fuck.

I see.

Well, anyway. Is there any sandbox medieval game that could be compared to EVE? I've heard Black Desert went to shit.

пошел на хуй

EvE is the only game where political, player-driven events can influence the entire game. Remember Highsec Jihad?

No, not really. Themeparks and Sandboxes, everyone chose to copy WoW instead. The only other sandbox game that was good was Star Wars Galaxies. That still exists, being rewritten by some dedicated players, and is in a playable state but it's not finished yet and even then is a dated game.

The B.O.B/Goonswarm War is a testament to that. You could write full lore novels based on that conflict.

I see…

I just want to be a big guy selling stuff on the road or in town squares.

It's always the same handful of events thrown around along a decade lifetime. Which about sums up EVE very well: You spend some two years waiting for something to happen and when it does it's over in a month or less.

You're playing it wrong if that's the case.

How would you know? You never even played the game, by your own admission.
Oh, right, you're just a goon. Fuck off to your 10 buck bucket forum.

I had friends who played it daily for years, they talk to no end about the shit that was happening on a daily basis.

All buzzwords, no sense.

Liar.

oh yeh.

then everything has reset itself. hi sec is still essentially untouchable.

Only autistic Jews care about EVE.

It created the Goon Squad or whatever.

Long Live The Brotherhood.

So, even more lifelike than before, then?

You need to go back.

I mean it's true though