SPOOKY MUSIC

it's halloween, and naturally Halloween must be celebrated with creepy and disturbing vidya music

POST IT, IF YOU DARE

oops

fucking faggot.

A must, if only for how scared it made me when younger

This is not disturbing scary, more like badass scary

Horrifying

this is all too spooky ;_;

have a spooky halloween gamers

Bringing the spooky from vampire games.

Wish there was a vidya music radio channel.
Bringing the spooks.

Fuck off with your shitty commercialized American holiday
>>>/out/

I love that compilation, but i've always found this more unnerving.

The best music

Fuck off with your shitty commercialized American holiday
>>>/out/

It is however video game soundtracks we are posting

This shit was the greatest moment in my childhood because you felt like things were coming to an end and this build up was intense.

Only to learn that you were roughly at the half-way point, if not abit before it.

You Have To Go Back!

Not as spooky as uncomfortable

THE FUN STOPS HERE: The area.

Nice song kid, but I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

The twelfth verse is literally hell on earth.

Bringing in more Castlevania

Yeah, i don't think so.

That violin (or whatever instrument it is) instills a pretty heavy feeling of dread over me

Obligatory

What's this about?

What about this?

I completely forgot about the CoDWaW menu theme, seems it was pretty spooky

Tell you what – You reminded me of the Postal soundtrack.

Jesus Fuck.

10/10 using this to revise my horror novel
Gotta play King's Field someday.

What the fuck, this is in Postal? I've only played Postal 2, is the first more serious?

It's basically what Hatred tried to copy.

The first game was a disturbing look into the deranged mind of someone who's gone so insane all they can think about is slaughter and death.
The second game was created knowing they would not be able to create a game similar to the first one because it could cause irreparable damage to the reputation of video games in the environment of 'Video games make people violent', so it was much more comedic.

tl;dr
The first Postal game takes itself completely seriously.

I mean, a lot of the imagery in the loading screens alone speaks volumes.

And when the game opens with the line
you know shit is going to get fucked up really quickly.

I heard there was a redux of the first one or something, does it hold up?

Yes, it even better than the original.

There's a noticeable "Okay, let's turn this down a little" in the soundtrack, but the rest of it is an improvement from what I've heard. Never played Redux, myself.

Guess I'll be playing the classic then, I want my spooky soundtrack intact

I absolutely love the progression of the clock town theme from cheery to gloomy to manic unsettling and then finally end of the world orchestra in majora's mask as the time passes

for the record, the soundtrack only plays during loading screens, no music plays at all during the gameplay itself, so it won't matter much either way

And then the title intro music is the same thing but compressed and instead of the end of the world orchestra for the end it's transitions into the even creepier Majora theme

yeah, in terms o OST the series reached a peak with that game ; i think that even if they made another one they wouldn't be able to reach that peak again

panic

I bring you some massive spooks for this Halloween.

Damn, how could I forget about Diablo?

I remember playing the shit out of Postal 1's demo. Every game should come with a suicide button.

You know Dragon Seeds was brought up in a thread a while ago in a "creepy game theory's" thread. And I gotta say as simple the game is it's beginning to grow on me. It has this weird aspect in it's tone that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Either way can somebody agree with me that the music is somehow beautiful and unnerving at the same time? For example embed related plays in the cloning labs of the game.

Now this is the shit. Especially considering how uncharacteristically scary it was compared to the rest of the game.

:^)

This one kinda spooked me as a child

I was about to post that, very spooky

From what I've heard Redux is a good game, just know that the elementary school level was replaced with a different level entirely in Redux.

noice

embed related, also created by the same guy

wtf new boss fight music.

le ebic maymay XD

:^)

Oh shit, now that takes me back

Bloodborne - Suite: 53:40
Vocals: Sabina Zweiacker
Conductor: Charles Hazlewood
Orchestral Arrangement: Andreas Hedlund

Dead Spcae 1:09min

So much spooky stuff for me to play!

This song freaked me the fuck out as a kid.

its the DRUMS that do it
bump

good to see Holla Forums still has shit taste. OFF is on the same level as Lisa and Undertale.

lol

one more

That area was probably the most memorable in the game for me.
The catacombs were spooky enough in the normal castle, and when I got to the inverted castle I kept thinking how they were going to make it spookier. It turns out it's like you're in a different dimension, with bizarre color choices and that unnerving music.

By the way, this is the most played track in the game because you hear it so much in the inverted castle. I used to hate it due to the repetitive intro, but when you get to 2:30 and beyond it becomes amazing.

I had fun with it. If only going to play things without an autistic/shit fan base you're going to have a very small game library.

Spooky

bump