MORROWIND/TES THREAD

Spooky Skeletons Edition

It's time to spook our way across Tamriel. Who has the spookiest story about your play through in the elder scrolls games.

Other urls found in this thread:

dfworkshop.net/category/daggerfall-unity/
openmw.org/faq/
openmw.org/faq/#do_i_need_morrowind
steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti/discussions/2/353915309331818721/
mega.nz/#!TIcEFLSI!inzXiqX2ZC3ezQFfBzyDc-GcqlY5zJ437cwXciZdomI
github.com/megous/megatools
megatools.megous.com/
mw.modhistory.com/download-70-12438
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42979/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/ajax/modfiles/?id=42979&pUp=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The spookiest thing is that horrible Depth of Field.

In the first picture atleast.

Yah I found it and turned it off, it didn't bother me much but when you are indoors it's pretty annoying.

The scariest part of TES is thinking about what Todd's gonna destroy in the next game.

Did you try exploring TR_Preview?

Spooky flying skeletons send shivers down your spine."

*tips colovian fur helm*

Yah I am exploring it right now. I have found lots of places with no interiors, including many ghost towns. It's pretty spooky, I am going to head to the other side once my journey is complete. From there I will head back to vardenfell, and quest until I am prepared for Sotha Sil expanded.

I think I finally reached the end. Also I seemed to have hit a bit of a snag with the skyrim thing. Most of the mods require dawnguard, and probably the other DLC to. Does anyone have a mega link to either of these, a magnet works to.

Not how I expected this thread to go

Just find full Skyrim on piratebay.

I am heading back to the Telvanni Ilse's, not much here beyond snow

I don't recall Redoran having influence on Gnisis, just a lot of imperials around and that telvanni guy.

Yes, it's a multicultural town with an imperial sect brewing conspiracies, but it is in the redoran sphere. To my knowledge you can't prove it with ingame texts, but the simple fact Redoran has to bring water into Ald'ruhn from coastal towns and western rivers makes it reasonable that they have direct access to sea. And since Western Gnash has a Redoran village described as a frontier and Gnisis houses are mostly Redoran-like makes it logical.

Hehe, actually it turns out when I went to mod it I do in fact have all the DLCs and more. It's a complete overhaul. I will check later to see if it has all the stuff I need for a proper spooky run. For now the sppokfest continues in the Telvanni Ilses. I am loving the attention to detail, I found this dreugh in a cave with a bunch of stuff. Implying he was stealing it from wrecks.

Tamriel Rebuilt guys said they're going to remake the whole Port Telvannis and the island around it, as they think it isn't up to the standards they hold now.

Fuck!! This is why people never get stuff done. With large projects if you keep on re-doing stuff you will never finish. This is what happens when people do not learn to set goals for themselves. They need to finish the other lands first and foremost.

Don't worry. They'll do it after finishing Dres.

Skyrim truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

It's okay to criticize Skyrim, user. But this is just tryhard.

Why am I installing Elder Scrolls Online. Have any of you faggots even attempted to play it? I might as well install Morrowind again.

The sad thing is I'm not even surprised anymore. it's just another small disappointment to add to the list.

A better question would be, why did you buy it? You know only jews will profit from it.

How is it obvious? Are you a passive person in real life?

I didn't pay for it, and I stopped the install. Might as well play Kronos II, just miss the mindless grind.

I played it, it's an MMO, that's about all you need to know, do those epic quests and grind for that loot, enjoy a world where your adventure feels more like a park ride and less like an adventure than Skyrim. Everything looks standardized, it makes me wish for the armor designs of Skyirm everything is so bland.

It's a big scripted sequence, the kind of which can never be interupted.
There is no quest, journal entry or dialogue choice indicating multiple choices.
To stop it you have to know in advance where and when it's happening, otherwise you won't make it in time and game doesn't give any of that information.
Skill level of the player to stop it has to be far above anything non dlc game offers.

To think you can stop it you have to have played the game before, have no concept of Bethesda's game design and no knowledge of how the engine works.

What do you like about Morrowind? How much did you mod it?

So three developments so far. First of all look at the bitchin' stats on this sword, I have found Zen, and it appears I have a mod conflict because all the enemies are robots now therefore extensions of Sotha Sil's influence.

I have never used a mod for a game before. I just am not a fan. Sue me.

This has got to be bait, but I don't care.

Morrowind doesn't need mods like the later games do.

Yeah, I mean, I take games for what they are. I think I played some Warband mod once, but that is it really. I have played romhacks as well, but that means usually full new games.

How about Mournhold, still never ever?

It's in the same boat. After they're satisfied with stuff currently in the Preview and Dres lands are complete (and Hlaalu lands, but nobody cares about those enough to say much about it), they're going to revisit released part of the landmass (focusing on that big Telvanni isle) and do Almalexia.

Still finding new enemy types. Found these fuckers on the side of a cliff ready to attack any passers-bye.

Also found this orc bitch, apparently killing people coming through the canyon pass then keeping their skulls.

I was about to mention that orc, fucker was pretty hard to kill first time I meet her since I was pretty low lvl and ended in the mainland by mistake after using Almsivi Intervention hoping it would take me to Vos.

Does anybody actually like House Hlaalu? They seem to just be one-note Empire suck-asses to me

They're far from one-note, but they are evil in the most unsatisfying ways. Everyone who wants to be evil goes Telvanni because they're cool, which lead to some great mods that expand the content of that house. Those who want to be honorable warriors go Redoran. And it's lucky for them that LGNPC - a mod which expands 1 dimensional characters with new characterization - is at its greatest with Redoran house. Supporters of Rome usually go the way of the legion. Edgelords who care about nothing drone with Morag Tong. This leaves Hlaalu all alone.

I'm more interested in how it'll play out with Indoril and Dres. Both houses sound based as fuck and I'd rather join either of those than one of the already availabile three.

So, can Skyrim and Oblivion be retconned? They are so fucking bad story wise and add nothing to the lore.

Hlaalu could be cool if the game had an economy.

Neither Skyrim nor Oblivion are bad. Go back to criticizing game mechanics and world design rather than story and lore. Unless it's Oblivion lore, then you're contractually obligated to hate it.

Hlaalu seems like they'd be good if you wanted to role play as a greedy merchant type character, but without a good economic system in the game, it wouldn't be a very satisfying experience, I imagine.

tbh exactly that
Maybe we get a juden overhaul for OpenMW one day. Gotta wait for them to finish those damned questlines they haven't even started implementing yet.

What do you mean? It's fully playable :^)

And which quests are those? You mean bugged quests?

I saved him when I first played the game because I didn't get to Solitude until I was pretty competent. I'm pretty sure he even has dialogue to account for this. There's a lot of reasons why Skyrim is shit but that isn't one of them.

Surely you still use the code patch and unofficial patches, right? I just don't see why you wouldn't use mods to fix some of the major problems with the game or at least make it look nice.

They are just using the Empire to their own advantage, they are the most powerful house during Morrowind because of their scheming.

Yes, Morrowind itself is going to be retconned in Project Tamriel with the house quests being expanded upon, and possibly the addition of a 6th house route.

Then with PC and SHotN we will see those games retconned, I hope they keep some parts though, I really like the College of Winterhold, Whiterun, the Blue Palace, the Riften Ratways and the imperial cities ring design, they can nix everything else.

It's impossible to save Roggvir, eventually he is deleted if he isn't executed then and there.

Oh well he must have died after he ran out of the city gate then, I just assumed he got away and joined the Stormcloaks again.

Bethesda a shit.

Why? I just don't understand how anyone could like that quest line.

there has never been a good elder scrolls game and morrowind is as bad as skyrim which is as bad as oblivion which is as bad as daggerfall. Anyone who plays these games is a tasteless shit eater

I like the College of Winterhold as a place nothing more.

Whole questlines for both Indoril and Dres and main questlines for the other three houses and all the guilds.

So far we've got a small part of mage guild, fighter's and Telvanni.

That will never happen user, according to this thread they want to do the telvanni ilse again. This will never be finished. On another note I am headed back to kemel-ze to get some stuff I missed. Is there any other dwemer ruins that are as expansive? Also I need to do Sotha sil expanded, but I am busy leveling. Once I go back to vardenfell what faction should I join?

TR development could speed up significantly after OpenMW hits 1.0 and someone adds in functionality for combat overhauls and character creation slider morphs which would entice the Shitrim modding community to come play and mod Morrowind.

Said the increasingly nervous fan for the six gorillionth time in the last 15 years.

Not as big, but there are big dwemer ruins around.

Unless OpenMW brings in modders in droves it's going to be another 15 years and maybe we will see all of TR and most of ShotN/PC.

Why the fuck is Morrowind so big comopared to the rest of Tamriel?
The individual province of Daggerfall alone is bigger than all of that scale right there combined.

tbh that's no problem
When OpenCS is out I'll get into modding and try to kickstart Black Marsh again. I have no doubt it'll be a 10 year long project, but we must recreate Tamriel in Morrowind with best lore, best writing, best world design.
As for Tamriel Rebuilt, I fully expect Dress to be out next year, polished with Hlaalu in two years and by 2020 the whole mod will be complete.

Because it is big. There's a reason Bethesda bailed on the province and only did the island.

By that scale the imperial city should have only been accessible by boat. Jesus Christ Bethesda, you should have just improved Daggerfalls world gen instead of trying to make crafted worlds.

Because TeS games have been decreasing in scale almost constantly at least since Daggerfall. Daggerfall is still on my to do list so I can't say how big it was compared to Arena, but arena featured all of tamriel.

The Imperial City was super disappointing.

The fuck are you two on about?
Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim use the same scale. They're 1:1

Because it's a video game, autist.

Daggerfall is YUGE.
You could spend years of real human time to get to the otherside of the map if you tried to do it without fast travel or buffing the hell out of your Jump skill.
I suggest keeping an eye on Daggerfall Unity since it seems to be the least buggy and has the most impressive looking world.dfworkshop.net/category/daggerfall-unity/

Not only was it dissapointing, but they made the cities themselves interiors that don't actually exist in the outside world.

Do you really believe that the worlds those games with the tiny populations are an accurate representation of what those worlds are supposed to be?

Daggerfall had zero issue with having a fuck huge world that wasn't a pain in the ass because you could run faster than in any other TES game along with having a horse, a cart to put your loot in, and the ability to fast travel ANYWHERE.

Oh and the dungeons in daggerfall were often as big as Vivec.

Are the maps in that picture to scale? Like I get the feeling that Morrowind is smaller in that map than it really is.

Tamriel Rebuilt is 1.5x the scale of Morrowind, so PC and ShotN are too, they've even debated moving Solsthiem north more because it's barely an island at the current scale.

You'd be lucky to have textured and partially cluttered Deshaan plains next year, although looking at their assets they have the Dres Cantons ready for use.

No. I believe the world hasn't been getting smaller with each game, as that user said. It got smaller only once and since then they've kept to the same scale.

The issue was that it was boring.
Hand crafted > generated
If the rest of the series was like Daggerfall, it would neither allow for good lore or interesting locations. You play Daggerfall for dungeon crawling, not roleplaying and exploration.

They're to scale.

Hand Crafted places of interest Generated landscapes >hand crafted>generated

I don't mean to scale on the map of tamriel, I mean that I get the feeling that Balmora on that map should be noticeably bigger than Cheydinhall but the map wouldn't lead you to believe that.

We have two prime examples of this. Daggerfall and Oblivion. I don't think it worked good enough in either.

That's because in Oblivion everything was so spacious and wide apart, which was no problem since you could run like sanic. When they remake it in Morrowind, you can bet your ass that it'll be just as big, but densely packed.

Bull fucking shit, in Daggerfall you could actually FAIL quests or have quests be impossible to complete. In Daggerfall you had much better writing and the ability to pick which tone you were using when communicating with someone.
You could even pick stats in character creation to start out as a fucking vampire, or pick specific languages so you could commune with creatures to stop them from attacking you.
Roleplaying is heavily dependent on imagination, the more "detail" they added in the later games diminished that greatly.
You could climb walls and had an atmosphere that was legitimately foreboding and mysterious and not some high-fantasy turned faux fantasy medieval crap.
Every Elder Scrolls post Daggerfall is a fucking theme park, and does not feel like a real world whatsoever. They devs were aware of this fact and concocted the dream state to explain away how mundane and repetitive the NPCs were in Morrowind.
At least Daggerfall had the excuse of technology limitations at the time.

Nah daggerfall sucks and is a meme game.

I think that explains it, looking at the Almalexia WIP for TR the city looks absolutely insane but I was surprised to see how few cells it took up.

The aspects of Daggerfall that you pointed out are entirely true but they don't conflict with what that user said. Daggerfall has mediocre generic fantasy writing and art direction that are decisively worse than what you'd find in Morrowind, and exploring the world is quite uninteresting since it's all procedural and bland. Those two negative aspects don't invalidate the positive aspects of Daggerfall, just as the fact that MW has shit gameplay mechanics doesn't invalidate the fact that it has a really interesting setting.

Except, you know, there was no point in not using fast travel between points because it was entirely empty. You could make each location a separate map, do away the the overworld and force the player to fast travel between locations, and the game would effectively be the same.

And a lot of those extra features were really just thrown in without adding much depth or having much point. Yeah, you can increase your skill with certain languages, but the opportunities to use that skill are so few it's practically worthless. Quests might be possible to fail, but anything not part of the main quest is generated like Skyrim's radiant quests. Daggerfall has a lot of breadth, but only pockets of actual depth.

Okay, lets get over the fact that Daggerfall is a good dungeon crawler and that we both agree on that. But your post is a meme that has no connection to reality.

As you can in Morrowind
Not compared to Morrowind and if you're talking about ingame books, both Oblivion and Skyrim have more variety and better specimens.

Which had almost no effect on vast majority of playthrougs even when you wanted it to have nor any lore background. It was dead weight which they were right to get rid off until they can implement it correctly, which they unfortunately didn't.

atmosphere that was legitimately foreboding
Yeah, nah. I call bullshit on this. Dungeons were tense, but due to how easy it was to die and nothing else.
Daggerfall was high-fantasy turned medieval. Or medieval turned high-fantasy. Take your pick.
It's Morrowind that moved away from that.

Yeah, I'm not even going to tacke this on. You're opinion sucks.
So did Morrowind and Oblivion and Skyrim. But theirs, just like Daggerfall's were because Bethesda was sloppy even then. It's not a game from a better time.

To give some credit to your post, you're right the creator was more detailed (but then again, lacked 3 races we take for granted today and would never give back).
Wall climbing would be neat (and OpenMW devs were talking about adding it post 1.0.)

That's it.

True
And you are technically ready to go, even if you probably want more mods depending on the build/quests you wanna do.

Meanwhile Skyrim and specially Oblivion are nightmares on comparison.

I think it could work cue communism memes here. I just don't have any good examples of it working, I'm sure Skyrim was generated from parameters and then combed over afterwards.

Oblivion only generates the trees/ grass, and maybe some rocks, but on top of this even hand touched areas looked like shit so I don't think you can blame the entire game looking like shit on procedural generation.

Same for Daggerfall, areas that are hand made are still shit, I also don't advocate generation of dungeons.

Personal opinion mate, I've always felt that Morrowind was a rip off of Dagobah that quite frankly looked like dog shit, the only thing I liked about Morrowind was the fact you could kill ANY NPC. That is it. Anything else in that game absolutely broke immersion. Oh and the fact that game is unplayable without getting the Blinding Boots of speed and glitching them.

Blatantly false, you can find all sorts of Dungeons and Fortresses scattered out in the wilderness that you might not ever get a hint to go to.

Yea I'm not buying that, only a few of the available languages could be considered Niche, and my whole point about that is it ALLOWED YOU TO ROLEPLAY completely without having to break your own immersion.

Nigger do you know what a meme is?

All the books they included after Daggerfall sound like they were written by the same goddamn person unless the author was specifically of a beast race.

Okay first off, Atronochs as an example. Atronochs in daggerfall are people that were horribly turned into monsters by mages, you can even find Atronochs that won't fight back when you attack them because they want to fucking die, you can even see the remains of their nervous system when you look at an ice Atronoch.
That is 100% tonally different than the kiddie friendly crap they pushed out since Morrowind.

Daggerfall was specifically an attempt to create a real-time Dungeons and Dragons game. Morrowind went all over the fucking place, and Oblivion and Skyrim threw away all the real fantasy in exchange for making a semi more realistic but sterile world. The only thing Oblivion did right were Guild quests.

Meme argument is putting out reasonable arguments used by everyone and then backed up by the worst examples such as the langauge skill, which will be only mentioned someone who crafted his opinion on imageboards far removed from the game.
Now, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying you don't love the game or can't form your own opinion. I'm saiyng that argument you put forward was like made by a Holla Forums committee from people who don't really play the game much and errors crept in.

Were either wacky, trying too hard to sound medieval or badass n' gritty (read: Game of Thrones of that era shit). Some are good, none are insufferable, but they're amateurish and don't help build a coherent setting, showing off a lack of attention from designers.

Yes, language skill was bloat that was in there just because. It wasn't balanced, it didn't add anything to the gameplay and its implementation was insulting. It basically came down to roll a dice for one specific rare type of enemy not to attack you once in a blue moon.

I though you were legit. But I'm calling bait here.
Since I put out arguments for everything up until now, let me mention a few things from Morrowind. Corpus. Sleepers have their faces melted off and tumors grown in the hole. Dremora tries to kill you so it can rape your corpse. etc. Falasmaryon, by aranging a few chairs is more spooky than anything Daggerfall ever pulled off.
Daggerfall will never have places like Bitter Coast, Mournhold, Sotha Sil etc. These places were unique because they had a specific atmosphere. This was accomplished thru building cities differently in various locations and putting specific numbers of NPCs of deliberate races around, as well as handcrafting peculiarities that made them all different.

wew I wrote a lot
Nice ruse. I guess it's expected from a fan of a kiddie game :^)

See now that's impossible because I very rarely come on here because it's Holla Forums2.0
I formed my own opinion by playing the goddamn game and finding out that everything good I formally attributed to Morrowind turned out to be the equivalent of an amputee.
Now contrary to what you believe, Memes are very real, and are more so real than you because unlike you, some memes may never die.
And automatically attributing the notion of a meme to being something relatively meaningless means you really have no fucking clue as to how reality functions.
Holla Forums is the absolute dumbest community on here, and the only person who isn't repeating someones opinion ITT is me.

Oh yeah because Kirkbride really made everything Coherent.
The fact that books are so varied in Daggerfall would give one the sense that they were actually written by different people, and exist for their own sake as they would in the real world.
Again, every TES post Daggerfall is a crafted themepark that is unplayable without mods.

Again, I have to reiterate that IT ADDED ROLEPLAYING POSSIBILITIES. Get that through your skull. Which is impossible other TES games because you are always some Chosimba other than in Oblivion's main quest where you aren't chosen, then invalidated that completely because you became fucking Sheogorath in the expansion.

OoooooOOOOoOOO zombies are scary, I remember when those were cool.
Sleepers are creepy looking, I'll give you that, but everything else looks like it was cloned and spliced from Fargoth or bad furry porn or both.

You can go ahead and think I'm rusing all you want because I'm disagreeing with your ironic group mentality.

Will you people stop arguing about opinions on the internet. While you people are blathering I am finding tiny flying machines, giant monsters, and master trainers I am not even looking for at the time. I think the master alchemy trainer is here to but she is hostile.

We have have the best modders don't we? Tremendous, tremendous modders. They are going to mod so big and it'll be so great.

Well I have the boots of the apostle, and the boots of blinding speed now. Lets see if that will speed things up. We are spooky at speeds that shouldn't even be possible.

Problem with skeletons mods is that they just replace your model, maybe sounds and that's it, purely cosmetic.
Is there an RPG where being undead is an actual gameplay mechanic? Where world and characters actually react on you being skeleton?

Awesome.

That's really cool, too. Morrowind's scale has always felt like this one nagging issue that just wouldn't be feasibly fixable to me, but I hadn't ever thought of how leaving the base game world intact and just having everything new be built to a larger scale would work as a solution.

Holy shit batman, cant both be fucking spoogy?

It's just a open source version of Morrowind which isn't exactly legal because of copy righted assets.

False. OpenMW is its own engine, it doesn't need Morrowind in order to function. It was made with Morrowind in mind but you could create your own games from scratch with it.
And it is legal since you need own Morrowind in our to run Morrowind with OpenMW, its not the other way around.

I see. I probably wouldn't say it's illegal unless they try to profit from it, because it is still using Bethesda assets, you can't just take someone else's characters, story and textures etc. and pass it off as your own game.

Also,
???

You faggots are the worst

They already sorted everything out with not only Bethesda, but Zenimax's lawyers.

Yes.
If you want to run Morrowind with it.

Whats the problem here?

Ignorance.

Ok. They are still using Bethesda assets so it would be illegal if they tried to sell the game.

From the OpenMW site.

A little late to be looking it up for yourself considering people already explained it to you but good job nonetheless.

What i was trying to get at from the beginning is that what is the point in working for years and with a huge amount of people on a engine to use other peoples art, game data, and other copyrighted material.

Why not use that time to make your completely own game in the vein of Morrowind. You would never have to worry about any legal issues and the people could sell it and make a profit for their hard work.

They don't have to worry about legal issues, they wanted to play Morrowind. Not everyone is in it for profit.

Then just download Morrowind and play it. Download a overhaul to make it look better while you are at it. Why take 8 years to make a open source version.

openmw.org/faq/

Never go full retard.

They are not using their assets. At all.

Yes they are.

It shouldn't take 100+ people and 8 years to do this. The Morrowind mod community has also moved on. You can play Morrowind now with the base game and overhaul and 100 of mods with unofficial patches to fix bugs.

But what you posted says that they aren't distributing Bethesda's assets.

Nigger why are you even in this thread?

Who made openmw then? Ghosts?

I had no idea that there was an original Morrowind. Thanks for the tip user.

Oh you're just retarded.

You asked if they are using Bethesda assets
They are. You need the Morrowind game with the assets game code and art.
Never said they were distributing the Bethesda assets, I said it would be illegal to sell a game made with their engine using copyrighted assets.

I'm talking about people who made mods for the original Morrowind. One reason they are making OpenMW is for easier modding capabilities, people have moved on and aren't going to start making a huge number of mods for OpenMW.

Holy shit you're retarded

Is from the OpenMW FAQ you faggot.
openmw.org/faq/#do_i_need_morrowind

Yes I know, it's in their FAQ where they clearly explain they are NOT releasing assets that were found in the original morrowind. However, you continue to claim that they are.

10/10 bait though, good job

Read before you comment you massive faggot.

Nice baiting. I never said they were releasing assets. I said they were USING assets and you NEED the Morrowind game by Bethesda to play the OpenMW version you faggot.

Neither Skyrim nor Cyrodiil had any significant progress in the last 5 years, not even a blog post about them. I wouldn't count on any ever being finished, the Morrowind guys at least post updates in the site once in a while.

it's up to the individual user to make the choice to use whatever assets they want
people don't have to install openmw to play morrowind through that engine, though realistically it is its only use right now

Well firstly, you don't NEED Morrowind to use OpenMW necessarily, although that is all it's good for right now. But requiring that people already own the copyrighted material that would be used with the engine(or anything any modder makes, for that matter) isn't illegal. If it was all modding would be illegal, numbnuts. I don't understand what you're arguing here. Are you wondering why people would want to update the engine to a 14-year-old game? Or are you just sperging out?

Sperging or baiting. Morrowind threads have been absolute cancer with pedantic retards spouting misinformation about OpenMW.

(trips checked)
Nobody seems to understand what it is or what it does and just spouts bullshit. I've also seen some people confuse TR and OpenMW, as if they rely on one another somehow.

I just really want the OpenMW project to go places and gain more traction. It doesn't help when exposure is already at a minimum and people spread nonsense about it. Though I do kind of blame the development team being stubborn for the lack of exposure. Just declaring a version to be "1.0" would bring so much attention to OpenMW, and in turn speed up development, even if it is not the team's idea of what a true 1.0 version should be. It's kind of arbitrary anyway, when you think about it.

I mean it IS feature complete as far as I can tell. I just played through the whole game with it and it works perfectly fine. In fact there were some quests that would always bug out for me in vanilla(mostly escort quests) that work a lot better in OpenMW. They may as well call it 1.0 as it is, although I would prefer they had distant land implemented before they did something like that. Obviously it wasn't in vanilla but it's something a lot of people really want.

I said it would be illegal to SELL a OpenMW version of Morrowind using copyrighted assets.

Also this. They spent 8 years making it and you said it can be fully completed and no one gives a shit.

They're not trying to sell it. And I don't know where you're getting this "no one gives a shit". Modders don't use it yet because OpenCS isn't done.

I just started playing this game again after about 8 years or something. I'm using a Distant Lands sort of mod, and a mod that changes the damage on halberds and spears to be more appropriate. Why didn't I ever enchant a weapon with cast when strikes -> restore health -> self before? It cost like 3000 gold (all of it, so far, back to being broke) but it keeps my health up with minimal upkeep. So nice. I can't remember where to get the restore fatigue spell so I can make that sweet restore 2 fatigue for 10 sec spell for running around. I'm also using Atronach and restoring my mana with the imperial legion blessing donations. Atronach is OP.

Modders aren't using it because they already made their mods years ago on the original game.
It's time to move on.

That why i said they should have spent that time making a original game that is like Morrowind with their engine.

spent what time? you're saying they should have spent their time making a game instead of an engine? games need engines, brainiac

yes it would be
but why bring up something so irrelevant?
it's not what they're doing
it's not what they set out to do
and it won't be what they will do in the future

Just use alchemy for fatigue, it literally costs 2 gold each potion.

Just stop replying. He's dumb

So how much has changed in OpenMW? Haven't touched it since early last year.

shadows aren't in
distant lands aren't in
not sure what you thought was missing when you last played, but I'm pretty sure anything you can think of is implemented now

I had fucking forgotten where skull crusher was, now I have it and a boat load of daedric weapons to. Still need to find the master block trainer, can't remember where these guys are. I found four I wasn't even looking for.

Hasphat Antabolis just told me that the Dunmer natives use the dried fucking lava rivers as roads. I wonder how many of them died before they worked out how to do it safely.

They probably figured it out by accident.

the keyword here is "dried"

Master block trainer is in that fort near ald ruhn

Foyadas.

Lava that's dry on the surface can still be molten underneath. If you walk on thin crust, it can be enough weight to break the surface and melt your foot. It's the same with forest fires, a tree stump can still be burning inside, but look like charcoal on the outside.

I imagine they'd have enough sense to wait a while after each eruption before using them again.

Yeah, that's what I meant. How did they work out how long after eruptions can the rivers be safely used as roads? Any Ashlander tribes talk about this?

Apparently the lava underneath can take years, I hope they dont try and move heavy caravans over them.

I might see if any of them say shit next time I'm there. sage for double post.

They probably don't have that much stuff to move around since they're nomads

But still, thick enough to walk on for a human being and thick enough to walk on for a cart or packed guar is a whole other story.

Through much trial and error using generations of argonian and khajiit slaves.

They probably didn't immediately start traveling on them the moment they were walkable.

Is that guy who was going to upload his Oblivion modpack to MEGA still around? Did you ever finish?

I'd just like to know if you gave up so I can stop browsing these threads for your link.

I hope Amalexia is ready for Mr. Skeltal, cause here I come.

It should only be a couple hours now, sorry my computer was off all day and last night.

But weren't you already in Almalexia?

Shut Crassius you cheeky cunt, I just went there. Now I am beginning the quest chain to do Sotha Sil expanded, and complete this time.

Fuck I just got here, and we have already hit the high point. Let the battle begin.

SSE is long as all fuck, it takes forever to just get into the city, and I haven't found a way to leave and return to the city yet either. also does being a skelington make you not breathe, that will come in handy.

VAE VICTUS

Yes, skellies don't need to breathe.

Fuck, now I need Kain's armors in Morrowind. The Soul Reaver, too, but that's probably already a mod.

You're a retard and have no idea what you're talking about. Never post again.

Question guys.
If I buy a friend who doesn't have all the DLC for the base game the last piece, does she get the Special Edition upgrade, or did you have to have every piece before release? And if so, have they mentioned a way to upgrade at a discounted rate or if they're gonna do it again as a promotion later on?

I think there was a limit on upgrades before release only.

Actually all you have to do is not be a retarded faggot and pirate it for free because you should absolutely not support Bethesda under any circumstances.

Do not support companies that dumb down their games for the masses and release unfinished broken products with $60 price tags.

Now hold on sir.
While I can respect your opinions, and do find valid points in your outrage, you seem to have mistakenly stumbled into an Elder Scrolls General thread, i.e., a Bethesda discussion thread.
Now I'm not one to put anyone elses' intelligence into question, but, maybe work on your internal compass a bit?

I'm here because I love the one good game Bethesda has made: Morrowind, not Shitrim. And Morrowind is shit too it just happened to have Kirkbride behind it unlike everything else so it has a fantastic setting and plot.

I don't remember vampires, and wizards out of nowhere in my last play through. It's been awhile though.

Oh, wow, TES3MP isn't dead.

Who wants to see if we can get a game working?

That'd be really cool. The setup instructions are available here: steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti/discussions/2/353915309331818721/

Only thing is that I don't think there would be any servers up for us to just hop into - one of us would have to make one.

I'm just testing it now on a local server, but I think there may be public ones.

It works, now I just gotta find a public server or host one.

I can't find a public server and I don't want to use my local system, darn.

Darn indeed.

I'm having a decent time swapping between my newest playthrough of Morrowind The first one I've done in years, I forgot a lot of shit with TR and the Special Edition of Skyrim.

I can't help but feel like I'm a pretty incompetent wizard in Morrowind though, the magic system is kind of alien to me after all this time, and I keep running out of mana. Thinking I might restart.

Ok it finally uploaded, to anyone interested in modding Oblivion here's all the shit I use:
mega.nz/#!TIcEFLSI!inzXiqX2ZC3ezQFfBzyDc-GcqlY5zJ437cwXciZdomI

Get Wrye Bash and OBMM. Install any .omod files with OBMM and any bash installers with Wrye Bash. Keep an eye out for anything with sub packages or an installation wizard for the Wrye Bash stuff.
After everything is installed get LOOT and run it. If you didn't fuck it up (or if I didn't forget to add anything) then it should tell you that everything is ok other than some warnings about unclean mods (you can clean them with Wrye Bash if you really care but this is Oblivion who gives a shit)
Go through the "other" stuff, this includes the ENB, LOD generator, 4GB patch, and OBSE. You can figure out how to use those (and you need all of them)
Lastly try running the game, if you installed it like I did you should rarely see crashes (not much more than what vanilla has at least)

Probably, I messed with my OBXP and Demolish settings quite a bit so you should probably just look around for .ini files in the OBSE subfolders or the ini folder to see if you want to change anything. You'll likely want to take a look at the DarnUI settings as well.

OBXP is pretty divisive, I think it works well with how I configured it (you only get XP from quest completion) I can see why someone wouldn't like it. If you use it be sure to remove the magicka/health regeneration from it that shit is cancer.
The faster casting mod is pretty hacky and will make your spell animations look quite silly, it doesn't really work well if you have a weapon out too. I use it to pretend Oblivion's combat is more like an arena shooter but you might not want it.
I personally love the Jungle mod but some people don't, I haven't encountered any performance, collision, or notable misplaced foliage problems (there's some grass in the Imperial city for some reason but I have no idea which mod causes it and I don't care enough to find out)
There is a lewd female body mod (HGEC), I use it with the underwear because I am only interested in using some cute nip dresses. The Lattamer race is also not something you'll be interested in unless you want to play as a cute girl.
Some people don't like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul since the way it removes the level scaling is pretty much to just do it semi randomly. Clearly this solution isn't perfect but I have never found myself in an impossible situation I couldn't escape from or a quest intended for low level players that ended up being too hard. Maybe that isn't the case for characters that aren't primarily magic focused (which becomes pretty overpowered with Supreme Magicka).

UVIII, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, and Mart's Monster Mod all looked pretty cool but I had some compatibility issues with them so I dropped them. (UVIII seems to be incompatible with Demolish and MOO/MMM didn't have explicit compatibility issues but I didn't want to do shit like merge leveled lists and rebalance them so I didn't use them. If you don't use OOO then I think you're fine but don't take my word on that).

Probably not, I tried uploading the folder and putting it on another computer but it didn't work so I don't think it's portable. I also don't care about Oblivion enough to make this a real modpack since that would involve contacting mod authors and shit. Don't upload this to the nexus or anything, just keep it on Holla Forums please.

I am making a gigantic fuckhueg real modpack for Morrowind with OpenMW in mind but it won't have anything that isn't "vanilla-feeling" like the Lattamer race or cute dresses.

If you have any trouble with the installation just ask in the TES thread and I'll likely be there. Sorry it took so long I've been busy with family, school, and work.

It is done

Whoops copied the post number manually and forgot the >>

It is done

That's normal, it's quite difficult to find ingredients for magicka potions in it and you have to rest constantly to get it back otherwise (unless you're an atronach)

For vanilla gameplay playthroughs I always grab hand to hand and quite a bit of speed/athletics on mages so if I run out I can just make enemies chase me until they're out of stamina then knock them out with every punch. It is complimented by the magic because you will be kiting enemies and making them run around anyways so why not.

Have I got a story for you guys. So I come to the point where you need two artifacts to get the dwemer shield thing. I forgot about this part, so I think "do I have any artifacts?" Sure I do, I'll get the fork of horripilation plus azura's star. Nope don't count, can only be very specific artifacts in the book of artifacts. So I think fuck that, try to find a mod that works around it. Didn't find one, ok try console commands. Couldn't find the fucking ID for the quest item. The icing on the cake is that I can't just kill the bitch, and take the item because it's not lootable. Fuck this bullshit, after about an hour I decide to get bloodworm helm, mask of clauvicus vile. Come back, will not accept mask of clauvicus vile, okie fucking dokie. Give her my boots of blinding speed. Get the item I need steal back boots. Kill this bitch for putting me through all this, cover her corpse in dwemer books, and the artifacts she wouldn't accept. I hate bethesda's shitty gimmicks.

Did you summon some Brothers and gang-skeleton rape her?

Don't know if it's been posted already, but holy fuck is Bethesda incompetent. I pirated Skyrim SE, and the fucking built in mod installer THROUGH BETHESDA.NET WORKS. Good job Beth.

Divinity: Original Sin II.

Is this reddit? What the fuck am I reading.

Shit man, I'm gonna reinstall Oblivion tonight. I'm downloading the mods you posted now, but just out of curiosity which jungle mod did you use? It looks way better than the one I tried a while back

I usually use nGCD instead of Oblivion XP. It just feels much more natural to me.

I hate to bother you like this but is there any chance you can upload it somehwere else? MEGA is extremely fucking gay and stopped my download at the 75% mark to demand that I pay them money to finish the download

We wuz sourceports and shiet

polite sage for semi-related shitpost

Use IDM to download big Mega files. Video related.

This comes up in Nostalrius threads a lot, too. The problem is that it's an entirely new IP. You need to make it interesting, hook people, and have them give a fuck about the world/setting/gameplay.

That's a lot harder than it sounds, without even factoring in the mechanics you'd need to design and balance/tune.

This is impossible. Why are all these people such fagggots? Why is MEGA so fucking gay? Even volafile is better because even if it's slow it's at least usable.

Yeah is there any way to get these programs without having to go through 6 seperate ad.fly links?

Fucking loved Mournhold armor.

Sugoi as fuck.

Mournhold guards are aestetic as fuck. Especially Ordinators.

I like the look of Her Hand's armor in particular. So much so that when I got the full set from that guard Almalexia makes you kill I spent all my gold training up heavy armor just so it would have the same armor value as my glass set

ALL RIGHT NIGGERS! HERE WE GO! IT'S TIME FOR EXPANDED SOTHA SIL!

Good luck Mr Skurlington
Maybe you'll get further than I did.

I almost made it to the clockwork city the first time, but this time I am going the distance.

So much swimming though. Skellies don't need to breathe, so it's ok for me

I solved this by shooting crossbow bolts that had an area attack, and see where the flash was.

The way I am going to do this is play for a couple hours then dump pictures. This place is really big, and I don't know how long it will take to complete it.

Aw yiss, instant death traps.

OH BOY! A multiple path, but all but one path kills you puzzle. What is the fucking point if they intend to give you the answer anyways?

Wow I missed this weapon last time.

I have made it to the hall of Mmicity, get ready for frabricant Amlexia, Vvec, and Dgoth Ur.

Ser Skeletal, why do you have so many weapon skills?

These people have to have an income to live. They can't spend their waking day doing it for free all the time. Besides, look at n64 emulation: At least 500+ people had took a swing at it, and its still shit since 2003.

Implying all my skills will not be at 100 eventually. Besides weapon master trainers are easy to find. The only one I have not found yet is marksmen, and hand-to-hand. Don't tell me. I will find them. Question though, is the markman trainer initially hostile?

Haha, fabricant Nerevar was no match for me, and six swigs of sujamma. It's funny, I came here will 40+ exclusive fatigue potions, 100 exclusive health potins, 30+ sujamma, a full suit of adamantium armor, a crossbow with 300 bolts, 30 locksplitters, and I have barely used any of it.

WAHOO!

I MADE IT NIGGERS!!!

Yeah, I've tested it multiple times and the shit site flat out won't let me download it because 6.64GB is above their "daily quota". Please upload it to a better site so I can actually download it.

It will download it, it just makes you wait for a certain amount of time for a certain amount of data. In any case this is it for tonight. This city has some pretty comfy music to.

Oh, and in that last picture that gear in my hand is a throwing weapon. GENIUS!

That one user thinking about bringing the interiors into the world, would have an aneurysm if he saw this place.

Thank you very much, user. It's probably better you didn't make it a real modpack anyway. It's far more customizable this way.

Is there any particular order in which I should install these mods?

Am I fucked as anything other than a mage with this setup? Does Supreme Magicka make NPCs OP too?

Isn't Maskar's supposed to be compatible with everything due to being completely script based?

I'm looking forward to your Morrowind pack. That game is in dire need of one since MGSO is outdated as fuck. Will you be posting a link to it on Holla Forums once you finish it?

Just leave it on overnight while you are sleeping. It worked for me.

every time I click back onto the page, the "6 hours and 30 minutes" timer keeps resetting. It's hopeless. Unless someone makes a torrent or uploads it elsewhere, I can't get it.

This shouldn't be happening. Have you tried not fucking with it at all? I only had about 30 minutes left on my timer when I woke up and when I went and did something else, it was done by the time I checked back.

every time the page loses focus it resets the timer
mega is a shit site

If you're not afraid of using the command line, just use megatools.
github.com/megous/megatools
megatools.megous.com/

Interesting, I had a 5GB limit on that download. Do they just limit it to whatever lets you download most of the file before extorting money from you? (I've never seen this before today.)
At least megadl let me download the whole file without jewing me.

Sex mods when?

Why does such a top tier world with great lore and potential have to be so squandered by those incompetent fucks?

At least I have Enderal which at least fixes Skyrim somewhat. Combat still sucks, but the world and writing is more interesting than whatever Beth put out.

100% difficulty is proving to be kinda fun. Death count is around 40, mostly insta-kills from magic. 2 of them have been due to allies, the best was during Anvil recommendation when my "backup" wasted me with a fireball while I hacked away at the mage. Karmic backlash for every time I've done it I suppose.

I'm almost tempted to switch to vanilla, as fun as OOO is the enemy scaling behaviour means most enemies drop to a triple damage poison, even with apprentice tools. OOO also nerfs certain things I want to try, like weakness stacking on weapons.

Have you learned nothing?

I think my friends Dad had that on his Morrowind install when I was quite young. I also recall some cat fight thing he had two girls dressed up as catgirls fighting with their fists. I was quite young so I didn't think anything of it but now that I do it makes me laugh really hard.

Alright ill ask this here since I just went to the share thread and noticed it all changed into a big fat mess. Anyone here has the torrent for morrowind? The sites im using only have 1 seeder torrents available

I go through my Morrowind folder feeling like playing it again, I notice it's bare bones. What mods did you need I'm just looking for those unofficial patch mods nothing major I don't need a overhaul it's Morrowind rebuilt and the mod needed for it as well right?

How the flying fuck is that relevant to this thread at all?

It's not being squandered, the devs are utilizing it very well and making billions.

Isn't 100% difficulty retardedly imbalanced, I remember meeting that first rat in Oblivion on hard and dying to it because it had more health and dealt more damage than me. at least Morrowind has a 1 sided end game I guess. I really just don't trust high difficulty outside of good action games.

Tamriel Rebuilt, you can also download Stirk for Province Cyrodiil and a really badly out of date forest for Skyrim Home of the Nords, although Skyrim Home of the Nords is actually releasing a major release soon that adds in like 3 cities.

What was the mod for Tamriel Rebuilt that also functions as an unofficial patch of sorts?

all me xD

…huh?

(You)
Me XD

Holla Forums merely sperging out.

at least he bumped

Actually I'm a #CruzMissile :)

What the hell why did he pick the Morrowind thread though?

I have autism.

Yes, but so are you if you're using any of the game's exploitable features so it balances out somewhat. The difficulty will be front-loaded though, like Order of Ecclesia.

What would you guys consider to be the best mods for morrowind? I'm looking for suggestions for my next playthrough.

As in landmass, graphics, content, quest, houses?

anything really. I have zero experience in morrowind modding. All I have is the official addons and blasphemous revenants. By the way, is tamriel rebuilt in a playable state?

Anyone?

check on igg-games.com

Playable, but not complete. Telvanni lands are basically complete, but questlines have no lands.
Rise of the House Telvanni and Sotha Sil Expanded are good mods. Also LGNPC.

Completely forgot about that site, thanks

Thanks, I'll check those out.

I just found a guy's hanging head that is a trainer of at least 99 in 3 skills. Also this place has a lot of religions.

Anons I found a technomancer, I want to be a technomancer to.

Some of these weapons are kind of cool. The sword has steam effects.

I did it guys, I saved the district.

Should have brought a fucking torch, or twenty. Still I tried to get you guys some decent stuff. These skeltal enemies once killed spawn several more small skeletons to kill. It's super spoopy.

So after reaching the end of the catacombs finally, I found out this Techno-lich has an elder scroll on him. There is no way this can be cannon in any way.

It's not like you're reading it. Elder Scrolls aren't impossible to find.

Don't they tend to turn up where/when some important shit is about to go down? Could be canon in any case, I think I heard in that one Morrowind Modding Showcase interview with Trainwiz that he worked with a "loremaster" whatever that means for that mod

Pretty sure it's called JFE and alternately called "Betty's 'Namriel" (the esp is). Unlike the other big jungle mod it doesn't add in any new trees or anything it just swaps out all the existing plants with its own.

It's definitely more natural but it reduces the amount of interesting decision making you do. It makes the game less about creating your own build which I think makes it more boring since I really like the idea of builds. I think if there are no builds in an RPG then it shouldn't even have RPG mechanics like stat progression in the first place because all they do is make it harder to stay balanced which is why Bethesda thought level scaling was a good idea.

What do you recommend?

As for install order that's only really going to matter with texture replacers. I'd go with Quarl's first since it replaces pretty much every texture and then anything else goes after it. I don't even remember if there are other texture mods in the modpack though, I only really keep track of what's in my Morrowind.

And I'll absolutely be shilling the shit out of the Morrowind pack when it's done (probably even on leddit and Bethesda forums too). I'd like for it to become a standard base for other mods to work off of so I don't have to worry about billions of compatibility patches. I also want to establish standardized formats for new textures/models, combat animations, and items in general in a way that makes them more modular but I won't get into how exactly that will look here. I need to change some things in OpenCS to do some of this though so some of this won't come until a future update.

I'll probably even post the design doc for the gameplay changes here when I rewrite it in a way that will make sense to others.

Oh and to anyone who thinks Morrowind Rebirth already does this keep in mind that it adds in plenty of things that do not belong in vanilla like random fantasy creatures that clash with the established art style of Morrowind and it contains little in the way of gameplay changes or expanded content. I'm making this modpack with the same philosophies behind TR, that it isn't necessarily "lore friendly" because that term is retarded any mod is not going to be lore friendly, but with a focus on internal consistency and keeping the alien feeling of vanilla.

Come on dude have you even talked to Vivec yet?

Dragonscroll.jpg

FINALLY

Just to let you guys know, this platform that you go up will not respawn if you save here and reload. So save at the red crystal thing first just in case. Also yay more death traps, because that wasn't the worst part about sotha sil.

The boss battle with the imperfect before was better.

There's the bitch

IT IS FINISHED! MR. SKELTAL'S WILD RIDE IS OVER… for now.

what's the name of the skeleton mod you use?

mw.modhistory.com/download-70-12438

thanks m8

Might as well post the morrowind overhaul to.
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf

apparently I already had it bookmarked, but thanks for reminding me about it.

thanks mr skeltal, your posts have tickled my funny bone

Actually I just remembered. I have Solstheim tomb of the snow prince. It's a big overhaul, maybe I should go there next.

Keep going Mr. Skeltal. I'm enjoying the screenshots

After I am done in morrowind I am heading to skyrim. An user wanted me to try a spooky version of it basically.

You might want to grab the "Undeath" mod, I don't remember if it lets you play as a skelly but it makes you a lich and gives you the appropriate powers which would work quite well when combined with any mod that makes you a skeltal.

GUYS LOOK AT THIS! I went back to see if I could get back to the clockwork city, and I found sotha sil's lab. I didn't know what he meant at first, but this is a pretty neat place.

There is even a portal that takes you back to your mansion you get. It's perfect for magic characters.

It even has portals you can set to go to all sots of places.

The spooky adventure continues tomorrow…

Are there any cool custom races out there besides skellington? I'd really like to play a sload.

I only played Skyrim

Come at me

You should play Morrowind, it's fun.

Damn OP your Morrowind looks really nice. What mods do you have?

see

This is the guide I used. I didn't even implement all of it.

Holy shit user spoiler that.

Man they sure did a lot here. Trap door on the tower doesn't work though. Who should I choose to go with me to kill the smugglers? Is this a bro's before ho's situation?

you can play as those dudes from species

the guy looks like ted cruz tbh

THE DELEGATES, DAHNALD

Off to a slow start, looks like I will have to find a solution to the grass mods. I will probably just turn the solstheim off, but I need to find a fix for the broken gates.

there's a patch for that on the mod's nexus page

Can you give me a link please?

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42979/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/ajax/modfiles/?id=42979&pUp=1

tbh I have no idea if that's what you're looking for, I just saw that when I downloaded the mod

Alright I think I got the grass, still need the gates though.

what do you mean? this is supposed to be the gate fix

:^)

Sweet baby Jesus

I forgot solstheim is much more fun with nude mods

So here is my review of solstheim cave of the snow prince overhaul. To call it an overhaul is really misleading because all it does is change the landscaping, it also does this badly. From what I have already shown you, you can basically get the jist of the islands terrain. The jagged rocks are repeated waaay too often, and ultimately only make it difficult to navigate. It does do a decent job of adding elevation, but you will definitely want something like the boots of the apostle, or the dwemer flying boots to do get anywhere. In addition the trees here have very bad meshes it seems as I get stuck or blocked by them all the time. In all honesty you would be better off with other mods that add to it.

Actually do not get this mod at all, I am encountering more and more issues as we go. So far he placed massive rocks keeping the horker from showing me where the under sea cave is so I had to find it on my own, I can't find the shaman at the lake, and the underfrykte's lair is inaccessible. Who knows what else, I don't even think he did any testing at all.

Turned off collision, and was able to enter the lair, it had been set too far back. Also found an NPC that was also located under the mesh. I can't confirm if this is a geniune problem with it though, I would need to start with a fresh install. Something to do later I guess.

I finally found the guy, and yes he was under the mesh as well. This is a serious bug if it is present in the mod.

I tested to see if my werewolf would look weird since I am a skelly. It didn't, but look at those stats though

Yay escort missions

Finally done. Now to get to work on skyrim.

Playing Tamriel Rebuilt and kicking back with a fine vintage has given me some of the best feels in years. Vidya can be so much fun.

Bumping for interest.

It's hit the bump limit friend. Feel free to make another TeS thread. I need to prepare for my special skyrim run that user told me about.