ITT: Beat 'em ups

Post 'em up

Other urls found in this thread:

zsx2full.blogspot.com/2015/08/link-to-zombie-smashers-x2-with-crack.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The greatest beat'em up to ever exist

How's Mother Russia Bleeds?
Also, posting the best and comfiest beat-'em-up of all time.

lad

I would have posted Tower of Doom but that's not really comfy. Still a lot of fun.

Not all that great honestly

Downloaded the pirate, just now and the shit doesn't open.

Scott Pilgrim is gone forever, so I guess Phantom Breaker will have to do, aesthetically at least, since it doesn't have the River City Ransom style of shops and stuff.

It's ok/10

it's not great but it's not bad either. i got bored after about two hours and stopped playing so maybe something happens further along that really changes things but it's a pretty paint by numbers beat em up with devolver's standard "amiga graphics and indie techno soundtrack" fare

Who heres played P.O.W.

Finally managed how to beat this fucking thing without continues.

Fucking hell, user. Dunno if it counts for anything but you have my respect. I have yet to 1cc any beat em' up. Or anything really.

Couple of Beat em ups from the 3DS. Games to just wallop people in

I wish there were more openworld beat em ups where you can go arround the city.

Thought the project was dead, glad to know that still on the works.

Good fucking luck finding a download these days.

Found this
zsx2full.blogspot.com/2015/08/link-to-zombie-smashers-x2-with-crack.html
Not sure if its legit

B-movies , alien invasion and mechas ; i dare anyone to find a better combo

Senran Kagura is just too shallow, even for beat-'em-ups.

If Senren Kagura counts, then so does Yakuza

Apparently they only been posting updates on their facebook page for some god awful reason.

Why wouldn't Yakuza count? It's a 3D beat em up at it's core. That's like saying God Hand doesn't count.

I remember renting (and then renting again) that game for my Dreamcast. Really enjoyed it back then.

Back on topic, one of my old favorites: Little Fighter 2.

Speaking of large player numbers, I wish this wasn't 360 only. 12 players in Guardian Heroes would be cool.

Surprised no one has mention Phantom Breaker

That's because someone did.

Well fuck me.

Fighting games are dumbed down beat em ups where you only have a small combat zone against a single opponent, attrition of health is not an issue as you start at full health (unless some kind of survival mode), and enemies generally have no advantage over the player since all the characters have to be balanced (so no real bosses).

The only thing fighting games have is generally more special moves, which don't really add any more gameplay. You can win by good timing and normal attacks without using much of the move set of a character.

Try playing Tekken 6's scenario mode.
Be sure to pick a character you like and don't mind sticking to for the majority of the game.

Also when the game says "pick any character you want to unlock" that's a one time deal. Don't waste it on Lili, Miguel, Jack or Bryan since you unlock them by normal means shortly after the tutorial.

Why live?

Thanks for reminding me that I need to play this again

It is. I helped the uploader in finding the files, he created this site because it's almost impossible getting them today, there is not even a store selling it anymore.

I'll never understand why fighting games never include a side scrolling beat em up mode where the playable characters are boss fights.

Even add as shitty add on it would be nice.

They kinda did that in an eroge game called 'Final Fuck - the Lady Warriors.' It's not streets of rage but it's not really shit either tbh

Bump. Forgive the sage

no thanks.

That is objectively the best Double Dragon universe from a lore standpoint.

Please kill yourself.

Most Tekken games had a beat'em up as a bonus game mode
X-men Mutant Apocalypse is a beat'em up that uses most SF special commands

What do you guys think of Demolish Fist?

Also there's this indie game Radial Heroes: Crimson City Crisis which is kinda fun as well

Tekken 3, 4, and 6 have Tekken Force/Scenario Campaign mode which is exactly that.

There's also Guilty Gear Isuka and Judgement that have beat'emup modes, and beating bosses in Isuka gives you one of their moves to make your own custom Robo-Ky.

What an awful design

True, but it's either that or completely redesign Guilty Gear's entire combat system and character movesets to accommodate a manic 4-player brawler. I didn't like it either, but understood why they did it.

ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS
POLICE WILL NEVER HELP YOU

Pretty fun game even though it can be quite a grind

That's good to hear, I still need to get a copy. Is the localization okay?

I really like this game, and I'm not sure why. It's very story heavy for a beat 'em up and most fights can be won by spamming the jump kick, but I still like it quite a bit for some reason.

Most feel that way to me
I take it that thats just an import and had no NA release

Yeah, it has a pretty good fan translation though.

Might give it a try, lately I've been trying to get my hands on some Super Famicom beat'em ups.

The only grind is gear, and the same can be said of any MMO.

Leveling hasn't been fucking easier in DFO, and I -still- think they have one more Quest Dungeons Rework coming.

Came here to post this, and it's already been posted. ONLINE MODE NEVER EVER RIP

Yea, but like trying to get the ebin revolver for you raven while all other class weapon can drop is like trying to find a needle in a haystack hence pretty grindy

That's just suboptimal. You already have it bad that you need god weapons, but then you have to +15 that son of a bitch just to be remotely legit.

This is why you play as best boy MALE STRIKER and just ride the buff train to happy town Which I made a female cause waifustriker and apparently they are just terrible by comparison and never ever catch up.

Best boy is Male Slayer, for the record. Particularly Blademaster.

Too bad about Iron Strike being totally evaporated. No more support wm for Anton shenanigans!

support build nerfed and Magic cata nerfed. Enjoy the higher antonio requirements

If I really wanted to be Anton Raid ready, I'd have made a new sader for this "LITERALLY FREE" OV event, and got 9pc Vow of Silence and been auto-raid ready

I can't really give a shit, since I can't have fun and raid, since even if I was a whale, I'd go broke due to bad RNG

there was a tf2 beat em up similar to gang garrison but the fucking thing couldn't start

fighting them twins on the last level isnt comfy

we have a 3dsiso account in the 3ds homebrew thread

RIP SCOTT PILGRIM GAME

I'll never forgive Anamanaguchi, and in turn Universal, for being the shitheads they are and doing what they did. Fuck them. I hope they die and someone sells their music rights just so we can get the game on other platforms again. Goddamned asshole pieces of festering shit.

To be fair, that is just a rumor

oh please, Anamanaguchi are a group of nu-male faggots who were buddy-buddy with Anita. Why the hell else would they have the game delisted than to keep it out of the hands of "misogynistic" gamers; they wouldn't want their music to be associated with a "female-hating" hobby.

You won't find one, and neither will I. It was never even announced they were delisting it or for why. Because they know if they gave a reason, especially the reason i'm relatively certain it is, then there'd have been a big stink about it because it's an objectively good game. Anamanaguchi would look like total asshole cucks if they gave a reason or anounced it. So they just had it done quietly. The news broke because it was brought to the attention of gaming websites that it and the DLC for it were delisted.

Pic is Anamanaguchi.

I never got past the part with the infinitely spawning hover things dropping canon fodder.

That new Power Rangers game looks fucking good, but
They can go and fuck themselves until piracy comes to PS4.

To me, the 2s of famous beat-em-ups are the best of the series, or at least the ones I liked the most.
Golden Axe II, Final Fight 2 and Streets of Rage 2 were great. of course the trilogies are fucking solid all around.

Unless you can pilot the Zords individually and then form into the Mega zord as well, it's shit.

What are your thoughts on single-plane beat 'em ups like Ninja Warriors Again, Dishwasher, TMNT(2k3) GBA and Comix Zone?

What do I have to do to get more people to play Denjin Makai 2?

You want a streets of rage with pirates? Here ya go.

Too short, really fucking hard and dumb with the "breaking wall takes away health" but otherwise pretty good. I wish we got a modern version of it, like Strider got a modern version.

So… any of you have played Beatdown for the PS2? I wish the game was a bit more popular to get a sequel or a reedition.

While I feel similarly bitter about After Burner Climax running into the same sort of copyright death I will say this, Scott Pilgrim was a mediocre River City Ransom clone.

It's good, no memes or name changes. Although, I miss the customization options from the GBA River City Ransom.

Been looking around for some beat em ups and found the Sailor Moon one, pretty good, only problem is that it feels kind of slow

im gonna beat up my penis

Holy fuck

Ahh!! Fuckers!

Golden Axe III is fun as all get out. Getting the good ending on hard as Proud Cragger was one of the funnest times I've had in gaming.

Why does Golden Axe III get ignored so much? Sure, it's not Revenge of Death Adder, but I think it's a close second.

Another complaint I've seen which has me scratching my head is that the game didn't change at all from the first Golden Axe.

bumping with beat em up OST