3DS CFW+Homebrew: More Retard Proof Guide Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accesible on both 11.0 and 11.1
>11.2
You may potentially have been fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/ht6fWUxa
archive.is/Pu9DI
plailect.github.io/Guide/torrents/fbi-2.4.2-injectable.torrent
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aai25/yellow8_released_the_dsiware_installer/
gbatemp.net/threads/stable-nand-dumper-rednand.446819/
mega3dsroms.blogspot.com.br
plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases/tag/17/10
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ak7nr/there_will_be_at_least_one_bundle_with_pokemon/
discord.gg/FgqbX
amazon.ca/New-Nintendo-Super-Mario-Land/dp/B01JSROIBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478143761&sr=8-1&keywords=new 3ds
discord.gg/VA3eKYy
gbatemp.net/threads/steelhax-a-steeldiver-subwars-secondary-entrypoint.440673/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3ds shack and the gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/ht6fWUxa
Last Thread: archive.is/Pu9DI

I really like this new guide. I almost wish I had picked up my 3ds later.

Theres nothing worth playing.

Mh4u

Sure there is. There's just a relatively small amount.

Kirby's robot world.

Also I have a question; when I followed the guide and completed it I now have Luma3ds with A9LH, so Everytime I turn my 3DS now it's in sysnand mode? To update it I'd make a backup, but I'd just connect to the internet and go to system update and that's it?

How would I know if it failed? If none of the FBI icons and Luma3ds icons show up anymore? Also is there a in depth guide like that giuhub one for cia's and ROM and for games that's literally noob proof?

This flashcard shit is plainly not working. So I destroyed all my DS/3DS shit and never want to see it again. Fuck flashcarts fuck Nintendo and fuck this guide. I followed all the instructions and NOTHING WAS FUCKING WORKING. How can be shit not working? I take the brand new flash cart from the packaging and a brand new sd card and ITS STILL NOT WORKING. The cool flashcard that can be used on 3ds and ds worked FOR EXACTLY 3 DAYS before it shut down. The 3ds flashcart never worked. I broke both in half as well as the handhelds.

I used to love the DS but like this I hate it and I don't want it. Its like a friend for several years turns suddeny into an asshole overnight. It's really breaking my heart.

i switched from emunand to a9lh yesterday but now i'm getting the 022-2634 error when trying to access the eshop

Update Luma you fucking sperg, it unblocks flash carts

Still on 11.0 with luma. Worth updating luma then update firmware? Slightly want to play MH4U again.

That is how you update

You install games by either selecting a .cia on your SD card with FBI or via Freeshop. Refer to post 3 for more information.

Update what? I said I destroyed it already.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i have an old 3ds with 11.0
do i click no browser or browser? am on the set-up.

The issue you were most likely experiencing is that your cfw failed to unblock the flash carts. Instead of updating it, a simple and easy fix, your sperg ass decided to destroy everything.

halfchan pls go and stay go

I'm running a version of RX tools from January (10.4 was brand new). Will updating/changing CFW delete my shit? I still have the .cias of my games, but I want to keep my saves.

No, it won't.

Nigger nothing in the manuals for the flash cards even mentions cfw. It just said to put the files on the microsd. I actually thought this guide is just for softmodding and that I should follow the instructions from the flashcart only. I thought I knew something but I didn't. This was not a good day, not at all. I guess I have only these options now:

Kill myself
Kill myself
Buy an N3DS and try to softmod it
Kill myself

How do I know what version of a9lh? Should I update it if I don't have the most recent one?

Why would you rather softmodding over CFW? Are you, perhaps, retarded?

Well, that's a simple answer. So if I follow the guides correctly, Luma will just replace my old CFW in the 1GBish partition and leave storage intact?

DS CIA injects when? Finallly got A9LH installed so I could play DS and GBA .cia's, and got around to playing Wario Ware Touched.

According to the creator of the forwarding tool, by the time 2016 is out we should have the ability to play retail NDS games without a flashcart.

what a retard

the cfw isn't a part of the nand, it's just a piece of software that boot nands and patches it.

flashcarts are cheap

Sorry, it's been a few months since the initial craze, so I forgot a lot of things.
One last question. Is it ok to remain a menuhax + CFW plebian if I'm using the latest CFW, or should I bite the bullet and install arm9loader?

Cheap and commit suicide after a year. The sooner we stop being dependent on the chinks, the better.

The a9lh process is a lot easier now. There's no reason not to install it.

Only a specific type an hero's after a year
the one in the OP wont

But softmodding means installing cfw. Nothing in this thread is about hardmodding. Or what do you mean?

In any case I don't think I'm gonna spend money for nothing again.

How's DOSBox for 3DS? Can I play Fallout?

I'm pretty sure DOSBox only works on N3DS. Other than that, I have no clue how it performs.

I see, then I was wrong. This whole process is softmod, then, unless you're past 11.0. However, what do you mean with "and that I should follow the instructions from the flashcart only"?

He made an assumption, never asked anyone if he's on the right track, and destroyed his 3ds in an autistic fit of rage.

god dammit

you made your bed, now lie in it.

When I first downgraded, it was established that 10.4 and above were pretty much never ever going to be downgradable. Just give it a month or two and someone will crack it.
despite my numerous reminders, my friends with 3ds's are too normal/moralfag to hack theirs, so I'm the only person I know with a homebrewed 3ds

Downgraded to 2.1.0, but I need to know something before I go any further.
I need to delete my extdata, but because I already hacked my 3ds once, I actually have 2 folders with 32 character names. Should I delete the extdata in the original folder or the second?

Do it for both

Can I use cheats for any game yet?

What are the odds of 2xrsa working? 10%? 1%? I've been rebooting for probably half an hour by now.

disregard that, I suck cocks. O3DS needs to use a slightly outdated version of SafeA9LHInstaller.

How do I install decrypt9? Dont I need this to make 3ds files to cia files?

you install it by putting it in your sd card

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Though Looking it up online I Didn't get any results on the matter.

I have pic related, I assume that is part of the line that kill themselves?

I believe it is. R4 SDHC's are apparently notorious for it. R4 Woods were the reputable brand.

It's the first you've heard of it because you've never read the OP.
Anything with a year specified on it has a ticking clock to brick itself. You can bypass that by resetting the year, keeping your 3DS stuck in 2016 for all of eternity.

After most of the shit I went through just ordering this, that's disappointing.
If that's all it takes than it shouldn't be a problem. I've been mainly using it on the standard DS anyway.

Why did the starter.zip didnt have decrypt 9? It had it but then now it when you replace the /3ds/ folder with the starter.zip /3ds/ it doenst have it?

just download decrypt9 and put it in your /3ds/ folder

But dont you have to stay on 9.2 or below forever to keep using it?

if you install a9lh you can use it on any version

It doesnt work anymore when I open it up in homebrew.

if you have a9lh you need to launch decrypt9 via luma3ds payload chaining

shame about the 2gb card limit but atleast i don't need to deal with this shit

Does a 4gb card crash it? I've always thought these things were a stickler for format, not actual size.

don't have spare micro SDHC to test with me right now so i dunno. Never tried it.

Are you supposed to combine .3ds files into 1 cia? Can you rename them? Because they have the same file name.

Yes, you can rename them.

Where do I put the .3ds files?

I'm currently stuck in the godmode9 step in which I have to move these two sets of files 00000000.tmd and 00000005.app but I'm only seeing the extensions with lowercase letters and not the uppercase letters. Did anybody have a similar issue?

Spirit of Justice isn't booting for me. Is it safe to update, and access the e-shop to buy it legit?

Right, I'm on EmuNAND with Luma3ds

If you already installed it you can no longer buy it legit. When you install a CIA file or download something from Freeshop a ticket is generated for you. When you go to the store now it will just give you a re-download option which will fail every time. I'd try re-installing or getting another CIA. I played an undub of that game and it worked fine so I'm sure you'll be able to get it working.

whether an extension is uppercase or lowercase is irrelevant.

I tried two different CIAs, same error.
I believe if you get the fbi app you can delete the seed on your 3DS.
Regardless, I'll just update my emunand. Can't access DQ7's online functions otherwise.

You can uninstall tickets with FBI and probably other cia installers and then purchase the game legitimately to get the tickets on your account.

That's false. They have programs in the micro SD that need to be updated yearly. This can be avoided by keeping the date in whatever the year in the cart is though.

2DS screen is fucked.

Drew on a gamenote, and the edges when touched react like Im pressing further in on the screen. Oekaki related.

Anyone got a fix/idea?

That's good to hear

calibrate

i had this issue with the file from titlekeys. uninstalling and removing the ticket with fbi then installing one i found on 3dschaos worked.

Why?

ok i just got done with godmode9 and now the health and safety dump fails within hourglass9. It says APP0 not found or fragmented anybody experience a similar issue?

Nah, calibrate fails. I can press the 3 buttons, but when it lets me test it on the 4 corners, only 2-3 work. The bottom left is especially haphazard.

It means your touchscreen is fucked on a hardware level then, you're fucked

then it looks like you'll have to find a guide for replacing the bottom screen

2DS has only one screen with a plastic separator on it, that's why you can't fold it.

I know that
but as long as nintendo is keeping the illusion of a separate screen I will call it the bottom.

Even if you can't repair it and have to buy a new one, you can still use it to hack other 3ds.

It was 3 years old, must of hit its lifespan.
Might just buy an n3ds then.

Afterall, Mark gave me $110 dollars.

Do you have a story for us?

Did he pay you to violate him?

He's the faggot who got the 11111111 get for muh tolerance in gaming.

Actually, might just buy a new screen, and grab a replacement digitizer for old nexus 7 tablet, that thing has been sitting on a sheld for a while.

Poor form, m8.

ok i just got done with godmode9 and now the health and safety dump fails within hourglass9. It says APP0 not found or fragmented anybody experience a similar issue?

Proof of the adage about posting wrong information to get an answer works better than asking a question.

You aren't quite on the level of that one console wrecking user with a horrid temper, but you're close.

Probably like shit. I can't imagine it controls well either, not for certain games. Speaking of which, are there ports of Doom/Heretic/Hexen?

Well no it is a problem. That makes Gateway look positively honest and reputable.

2GB is a lot for DS games.

That'd be cute. 3DS touchscreens are resistive and don't need anything more than a piece of plastic.

Kek, I used to bait gamefaqs with fake blogposts like this.

Got screen caps?

Wait, so Mark gave out a cash prize for a get? Seriously?

Updated to 11.x and went to go use my theme I had but when it shows on themes I own I click on one of them and get a error? Can you even use eShop like normal or anything?

I am at the Decrypt9 part of the plailect guide, but I can no longer access the Homebrew Launcher after the 9.2 downgrade. What happened? Should I just follow the guide to enable homebrew again, this time looking at the 9.2 firmware version guide?

yes hes that big of a faggot

Okay, now I tried going to the internet browser to visit the Decrypt9 websites that inject the program but it opened up the HBL browser instead. Should I just go ahead and install it from HBL?

Set up menuhax and launch its .3dsx

Where the fug do I get EXtroopers cia? Its not in the freeshop? Also can you play dragon quest x from the freeshop?

I ended up running Decrypt9 from the homebrew launcher. Its currently downloading my nand and inserting the 2.0 firmware.

Check post 3, dummy.

Can you no long>>11115087
er enter HBL through menuhax? Because you usually have to reinstall menuhax, but no point since you only have to enter it once for the decrypt9 flash.

EVERY FUCKING THREAD

Looks like it should be added to the FAQ. What's the character limit for posts again?

I have an O3ds with 11.1 and luma arm9hax

Safe to update to 11.2?

I know its probably silly to ask with luma and arm9hax installed but I just wanted to make absolutely precisely sure before I pull the trigger on ever making large, systematic changes to my glorious piracy machine.

luma won't let you update to anything that would break it

I think I screwed up something with my files because Health and Safety is still in stock while I'm in the current sysnand firmware. It dumps/injects hs.app fine, but H&S is still not booting into FBI. I'm going crazy figuring out what went wrong. Fuck and I just hacked my other one yesterday and it works fine. Sorry for blogpost

It works, but the dev builds of luma fail to boot it.

Are you absolutely sure you're selecting the FBI app to inject and not your hs.app

Really?

so its not safe then?

It's safe, just make sure Luma is the appropriate version

Oh fuck I'm not supposed to inject hs.app? The guide confused me again at this step because it said to dump the hs.app. And at the part where it said to inject FBI injectible for region I assumed it would just be injecting hs.app. Fuck I may be developing Alzheimer's or some shit cause I just did this last night.

Of course not, and don't go deleting it like a retard.

If I recall correctly, when you inject FBI into H&S on your computer, it renames it.

Out of curiosity, why don't you just use Decrypt9 via HBL to install the FBI.cia, instead of injecting. I think that Decrypt9 does that, but I'm probably misremmebering that too.

I might just do that. I'll have to try that when I get the chance.

On A9LH or EmuNAND? I don't know if Decrypt9 can access EmuNANDs if you open it from HBL, unless the HBL you load is a .cia installed onto your EmuNAND, which would require you to of had FBI to install it in the first place, if that makes sense.

A9LH would be fine, however.

Yeah it's A9LH. However how do I access the home brew launcher in without the CIA version installed? Was there some QR or URL?

Wait scratch that. When I was taking a shit I remembered that I already went through decrypt9 just to set shit up for A9LH.

Nevermind, I lied to you, Decrypt9 can't do it, it can only dump and inject H&S.

Are you sure you've actually injected FBI into H&S? How did you do it?

Alright so from the guide I went into hourglass9. Entered "SysNand Back/up Restore". From there I pressed "Health and Safety Dump". I chose to dump it as hs.app. I then went into the "Health and Safety Inject" option. All I saw was the hs.app file for injecting, I did not see anything else when I scrolled so I assumed this was the thing I had to inject. I injected, pressed reboot and the Health and Safety app is still unaffected.

Ah, that would be the problem. You don't just dump it then reinject it, that's just injecting the legitimate H&S app.

I can't even recall how to set up FBI through H&S anymore.

Just had a read of the Pailect guide. There's two things you can do.

One is access the HBL through browserhax/menuhax/oothax/whatever, then use an FBI.3dsx file. That takes too long.

Download this torrent:
plailect.github.io/Guide/torrents/fbi-2.4.2-injectable.torrent
I hope you know how to torrent.

On your SD card, you need the following:
That file I linked above, unzip it and place every file it contains into the folder /files9/ folder.
You need an FBI.cia, from here:
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/
Get the CIA, not anything else.

Now, access Hourglass9 by holding Start on boot. From there, go to SysNAND Backup/Restore, and dump Health&Safety. I know you've doneit already, but just do it again to make sure/humour me.
Go back to the menu before, and press the inject option. This time, use the DPad if it's not showing up, but slect to inject the FBI inject .app you got from the .zip file you torrented. Make sure you select the correct one for your region.

Now press start to reboot, then go to H&S, when you open it, there should be this white on black text. Scroll down or through folders, wherever you placed it, and install the FBI.cia.
Now your system has FBI as a native app, instead of injected. If you're bored enough, you can restore H&S back to normal.

I found a 64 gig microSD card I'd like to use but the 2DS says it can't access the software when I use the MicroSD in a SD adapter but everything I read says that the 2/3DS should take SD adapters no problem.

Could it have to do with the formatting of the card? Anybody got any thoughts?

read the posts below the sticky :thumbsup:

Format to FAT32 and check you haven't locked the card accidently. You can google how to format.

Thanks Anons. My bad for not searching for "MicroSD"

Read the FAQ

make sure your stuff's backed up, alright?

Already is. Two separate backups, one on the PC and one on the original SD card.

Again, sorry. My bad.

Thank you, I'll have to try that when I get the chance. If it works, many thanks in advance. If not, oh well, I'll just look over and see what I fucked up on. Either way, I appreciate the help.

WiiU now has rednand

Also check out this leddit link
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aai25/yellow8_released_the_dsiware_installer/

So even though I'm on rxtools CFW emunand (with 9.2 sysnand) is it true I still need to downgrade to 2.1 to get AL9H?

I followed the instructions under "Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools" and honestly can't tell if anything is different, I guess it now says "EMU [version no.]" instead of "RX [version no.]" in the emunand system settings. Does this mean it's Luma?

It's not supposed to make a big difference, all cfws do are boot and patch nands. Yes you have luma now and yes you need to go to 2.1.0 if you do not have an n3ds

Other than losing 1GB of space in my SD card to the NAND partition, are there any other downsides to continuing to use an emuNAND with a9lhax+luma? My boot time into the enuNAND with arm9loader is prety much indistinguishable from a stock 3ds boot.

(Hitler get)
Dsiware and GBA VC Injects still need to be downloaded on your sysnand. There are no further benefits after you've installed a9lh but on the flipside there's no advantage from using emunand over sysnand either. All I can really say is that using sysnand is a lot simpler than managing two nands

Is it normal to have homebrew to freeze up?

If you do not have a9lh, yes.

Oh wow, that's good news
V11.X SELF DOWNGRADE SOON™

but I do.

well what exactly are you trying to run? some applications like hourglass9 actually work better through luma's payload chaining.

I normally go through the app oppening in the home menu. Not through the special button combo when you start the device. But Im trying to get to FTP

is your FTP.3dsx up to date? That's all I have left, besides keep trying to launch it.

It only happened 1 time so I was just wondering.

Unrelated WiiU hax news
gbatemp.net/threads/stable-nand-dumper-rednand.446819/
Rednand and Nand dumping confirmed. Permanent hax when?

So I'm having an issue installing arm9loaderhax to my N3DS (that I downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2); I've been using the guide listed on the sticky, but I keep getting a "payload stage 1 doesn't exist or exceeds max size" error when I run SafeA9LHInstaller. I've gone through the steps over and over again (even going to back to step 1 for 9.2) but I keep getting the same issue. Has anybody else had this happen to them? If so, how did you make it work?

And yes I have the necessary files in the folder, before anyone asks.

forgot image, kek

I just wish Nintendo would announce the games already so I can see if a homebrew WiiU will be worth it

try asking the rizon chat

On a homebrewed WiiU you can get those games and homebrew FOR FREE, dumbass. There's not too much to discuss at this point.

You imply he would by them/most of them on the Switch instead of waiting for piracy on it.
And in general if the games are going to be ported to the Switch in addition to whatever games the Switch has, that will be a better deal down the road instead of picking up what is already abandoned.
There are other factors too but it would get too opinionated.

If he's cautious about his money, then yes it would be good to wait. Especially since the price of the Wii U should go down even more when the Switch comes closer.

But if they're all ported to the NS? When homebrew rolls around I'll get those games and homebrew FOR FREE, dumbass. There's plenty to wait and see for at this point.

You want to wait 5 or more years to see the switch get homebrew and games? Be my guest

You're actually right. The NX presentation on January (which should give us the console's launch date) wll lower the WiiU's price, so that could be a good time to get one. However, Nintendo might push an update for the WiiU blocking homebrews out of spite and making WiiU's with the "golden firmware" more expensive

slowhax when

Patience is the key to saving money

I'm on the "Move EmuNAND" portion of this al9h Luma business, I'm currently backing up my SD card after having restored sysnand with emunand through Hourglass.

Let me be sure I have all of this straight, my next steps will be…

1. format SD card using Emunand9 (no emunand partition option)
2. copy all my SD card contents back
3. go to step 6 of installing arm9loaderhax??? is this correct? update to latest firmware???

Do I have to do any additional steps involving restoring from a sysnand backup or is that stuff just if the update gives me an error? I'm just confused because wouldn't that overwrite my act of restoring from emunand if I did do so?

Oh neat. I'm considering getting an N3DS that isn't XL because they're too awkward to hold but will wait for this just in case it's 11.x.

after you've removed emunand and copied everything back, just write your emunand over your sysnand with hourglass9 and keep going.

I've already wrote emunand over sysnand before copying everything off/back on. Currently copying everything back on right now.

I can't get past the chatbot quiz. Too much shit I don't know.

nvm, registered.

Why does mega3dsroms.blogspot.com.br links send me to some other weird site when you click on the download links? I thought this guy put legitimate cia files?

Is there a simple way to uninstall games installed from freeshop?

yes. It's called freeshop.

it's also called system settings

I do kinda like monhun and kirby but thats still pretty sad.

Oh. Right. Thanks for answering my retarded question.

Pokemon Sun/Moon can now be preloaded. Here's hoping they can crack it like they did Monster Hunter Generations.

Great news. Nice! Awesome.

I feel like you're bullying me with that string of praise. That, or you're from reddit.

The internet has made you a sad man if you are hostile and suspicious of praise.
I agree

I felt like posting like a douche. But how do you preload it? With Freeshop? Also reddit will ban you for talking about pirating games cause of muh rulecucks. Reddit is beyond no fun allowed.

More the fact that he posted 3 forms of it in a row without any substance.

On-topic:
Should I bother getting an N3DS if I'm happy enough with my 2DS on Rxtools because I enjoy reminding you all of it for salt?
Or should I just wait until March and buy one when the price plummets?
Maybe the Switch will be easy to pirate, given:

Sad times. Even /r/3dshacks, where I go to get info on latest release, as you guys are too slow, will ban you in seconds.
Preloading is done through the eShop. It's a legitimate thing, but it is encrypted, and I don't know how. If it's 128-bit AES, we're fucked. But MHG was cracked maybe a week ahead, and I don't know how that was done/what encryption it used.

But you're wrong user.

No one here really feels the need to scout gbatemp, github, and twitter for possible news. I think leeching news off of leddit should suffice.

Not gonna be salty, but you legit should really switch to Luma. It takes 15 seconds and means you won't get raped if you ever need to update for online.

I mean I would, but it's just funnier this way.

Anyways, apparently the Sun/Moon preload has a 128-bit seed lock on it, so we ain't getting into that anytime soon.

Now, if an unscrupulous reviewer were to, say, misplace their retail copy for a couple hours, we may get it. Another user a few weeks back said they started shipping to stores and that he worked for Nintendo with his uncle in marketing. Not sure how legitimate that is, but if it is, then the reviewer's early copies will be retail, unless Nintendo in their infinite wisdom started shipping retail copies out at the start of Oct, then shipped reviewer copies out 5 weeks later.

Pulled trigger and picked up an N3DS just then. Ridiculously it was on 9.9. This is the same shop that I got a 10.7 N3DS XL from a month or two ago.

Also WEBSITE DESIGN.

Have the 9.2.0 downgrade packs changed at all? I don't have the ability to torrent at this stage.

aaa5960a3061da1f08d944d8e7017bd6 9.2.0-20E(Full)_n3DS.zip

It's the correct region and for N3DS.

No, 9.2 will never change. It's just the firmware, and since we're on 12.0, I doubt Nintendo is going to suddenly start updating 9.2.

Also, they're not packs, they're simply the firmware you need to complete the hack. There are other programs and files you will need.

Urgh, I just love downgrade crashes. Not a brick though, gotta reinstall menuhax and try again.

Didn't think so but I had to check. Those other files that need torrrenting I can probably manage.

Backup complete. Time to test the 2.1.0-less A9LH black magic.

It worked. This process is almost nothing now, if only the downgrade could be skipped.

that s a cool pic, we need "learn c++ in 21 days" too

Any way filezilla or FTP tells you home much space you used in your micro SD card? All I see is bytes and tried googling it and it says 5mil bytes is 5mb which I call bullshit. Also it won't let me use the theme I bought from Nintendo?

Should I update to a 64 or a 100+ GB? Or that too much? Read that they make it slower.

5mil bytes is about 4.7mb.

Remember not to confuse bits and bytes, as they deviate wildly as you get higher and higher.

64GB suits me fine. I have maybe 50 games on it, and if it ever gets to the point where I want another game but am out of space, there's always some game that I've 100%'d and can delete without remorse. It takes maybe 20 seconds to fully load every game onto my screen, but I can deal with that, as I'm usually on my computer or watching a screen when I turn it on, so there's something to distract me.

Doesn't system transfer work with CFW? All the games are still listed in data management but with a X on them. They're taking up the SD card. Is there some step to resurrect them or do you have to reinstall everything?

Or KB for KiB. 64GB is definitely sufficient for most poeple. Not at all sure how people hit the tile limit.

Well I have 11GB free right now, and that's with those 50+ games.

What firmware was the XL on? If I had to guess, though, I'd say it's something to do with not having the correct tickets.

fun fact, what the homemenu has is a 300 icon limit. You can install more than 300 games, you just need to launch them from FBI. If I ever reached that limit I think I would just use the cube homebrew menu and pretend it's my new homemenu.

So I kept working at this and trying things, and I found out that the a91h folder that is in the luma3ds folder was spelled "a9lh". I changed the file name to "a91h" and now I'm getting "file0_100.bin is too large or doesn't exist". Do you guys think it could be that the safea91hinstaller has a typo in it's file checking script? I've tried everything I can and I am positive that the fucking file is in the appropriate folder and that my SD card is formatted to MBR/fat32.

System transfer requires updating so they were both at latest. Both were running Luma3DS+A9LH, all programs installed through FBI or freeShop naturally. I'm not too bothered about reinstalling programs, all the saves came across.

I'd be annoyed at the cluttered menu you'd have with that many games well before installing that many. Even the 40 or however many was on my XL was pushing it.

And to clarify, the guide says copy the a91h folder, that's how I noticed the typo.

Err…

I don't think that's how system transfers work, user. You're meant to use fieldrunners to put CFW on a console >=11.0. If you could just transfer, the process would be a lot easier.

Not sure how transfers work; can you still play all those games and whatnot on the original console?

The only way to fix this is to go back to the Pailect guide, and select the DSidowngrade. This will set you back I think $5 on eShop to buy a specific DSi game. Then you need to follow the guide and transfer your hacked console to the stock one.

You will need to wait, if I recall, 7 days before you can initiate another system transfer.
Did you learn your lesson about not reading or asking?

Maybe, try delete everything and try that section again.

It is A9LH, not A91H. "Arm9LoaderHax". Rename it back to how it was and submit an issue that says he typo'd the folder name as A91H.

I'm back to square one then I guess "payload stage 1 doesn't exist or exceeds max size"

What step of the guide are you on? Link it, screenshot it, and tell me exactly what you've done. Maybe even screenshot your SD card files.

Also show us what's in your /luma/payloads directory on your SD card.

plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I've downgraded my n3ds from 10.3 to 9.2, installed decrypt9, and gone through each of the steps in the guide over and over again up until the step listed in the screenshot.

I also tried different arm9loaderhax-master files (what I mean is that when you extract the arm9loaderhax-master, the extracted folder contains another file with the same name shown in the screen capture), and then using the contents of arm9loaderhax-master/arm9loaderhax-master with the same results, very frustrating.

Here's the a9lh folder, let me know if you need more.

I have a brand new 2ds to mod. It was gathering dust in a mom & pop shop, so it should still have the 2ds 1st gen firmware.

All I have is some usb keys, sd and microsd cards, and a couple external HDs laying around. Need more?

You should be fine, as long as you have an SD card that's >4gb. Check the faq in the OP.

You fucked up step 8 of the prep work. Move everything from inside /a9lh/arm9loaderhax-master to /a9lh.

The mystery has been solved

Sorry gents, same issue.

Where did you download arm9loaderhax from anyway? It looks like you went to the repository and downloaded the whole repository in a zip file, when you should've gone to the releases page and downloaded release.7z
github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases/tag/17/10
Your a9lh folder should look like this.

Here's a thought, maybe this issue could be arising because of an incomplete downgrade?

Just to clarify what I said in here - you literally only saved the source code. The installer is failing because it's not finding the compiled binaries. The files from the release.7z are what you need to make it work, they're the actual payloads.

I'm just waiting until somebody inevitably leaks pokemon
I mean it's the same file across the world. There has to be at least one guy crooked enough to leak it

Holy fuck I'm a retard, thanks for the help guys.

They fucking whore themselves on GBAtemp, it's ridiculous. No screenshots, just "We're doing it!!!1! pls gib upboats and donations".

Anyways, 2DS can go as low as 6.0 regarding firmware. Remember to follow the guide for the correct way to get the necessary exploits, as per your firmware.

If it is an older firmware and it doesn't have a browser, you may need to buy an NDS flashcart to access decrypt9, or you will need to buy a 3ds game that has a 3ds firmware update on it that can be used to hack from.

Say what? I've had mine for 8 years now.

Some flashcarts are designed so they fail after a year. By a year, I mean the software involved won't operate outside the year specified, but the hardware is fine. Just a plot to get more money. It can be avoided by keeping the year the same, but really, you should always buy the pricier but reliable ones.

You picked a winner, congrats.

Welcome 3ds homebrew general
The issue always exist between the keyboard and the chair.

A rumor has surfaced that WiiU production has/is ending.

and nothing of value was lost

This isn't for CFW installation. Both have A9LH. This was simply to copy state from my rather beat up N3DS XL to a new N3DS, and apparently it doesn't work for unauthorized games (all of them in my case).

If it doesn't work, might be worth noting in the OP post.

I actually managed to do it between two completely home brewed systems. It even transferred my custom themes. If it keeps failing keep trying

What with? You can't system transfer more than once a week. Unless you're supposed to do it with some other program.

The WiiU had such a sad existence.
R.I.P.

Anyone have experience with replacement 3DS analog sticks? Any you've liked?

installing a more recent fbi via my health and safety fbi considerably slowed down my loading after applying the 11.2 update.
was that normal? i simply removed the newer fbi after installing games with it and everything was hunky dory.

which part of the stick? i have psp pads on mine but i didn't replace the enclosed apparatus.

system transfer will only transfer titles with matching tickets, i think. if you didn't generate the ticket from the home console i wouldn't expect the game to transfer.

Oh never mind, I was thinking of Terry's quest

Just play digimon next order on your vita while you learn you do have one right, its also hackable at the moment and an english localization was found in the Chinese version of the game

I'm so dissapointed in next order, Cyber Slueth was so much better and while I appreciate the callback to the original ps1 game the mechanics feel really old and dealing with 2 digimon at once just feels bad**

>vita outside of the TWO vita threads it gets

Look, not to be pedantic but at any given time there's a Pokemon thread, a MonHun thread, this thread, and sometimes a non-piracy 3DS general, plus anywhere between 2-4 miscellaneous Pokemon/Nintendo threads. Don't bite the idorts.
Polite sage for meta.

Then he can make a vita thread, it's not hard. Hell, he could make a digimon thread if he wanted to.
Posting about a vita game in a 3ds general isn't going to cause anything but shitposting and console wars.

The indented rubber piece broke off for me. I can still use the nub, but I doubt any patch job would hold that well so I'd need to replace the whole stick.

Have you tried working the shaft?

Okay, so I updated to 11.2, but I made a nand backup before hand. After hearing 11.2 could fuck with downgrades it spooked me so I rolled back my nand to 11.1

If I get a new 3ds (probably the XL sun/moon one) can I still use the dsiware downgrade if it comes on 11 or something?

Does the the update nag for 11.2 on my 3ds mean anything? Does the nand rollback effect anything?

11.2 isnt screwy, 12.0 is. That said, all 12.0 did was fix an exploit that wasnt public, to my knowledge, so Id just do it. My system hasnt had a single issue.

Pokemon XL does come with 11.0, and DSi works up to 11.2, and maybe even 12.0 if Smealum releases his demon magic instead of teasing.
Update nag means nothing, just wants you to update. There's probably a way to stop it, but I dont know it.
NAND rollback means nothing, so long as none of the games rely on it. For example, Pokemon XY/ORAS required 9.2, and wouldnt play anything lower, so had to be spoofed or updated. Nothing needs over 10.0 to my knowledge, but I'm sure Pokemon will need 11.0, as its the highest preorder and will sell tens of millions, so that can effectivly stop future pirates.

12.0?

Ignore me, thinking of something else.

Everything I said stands, just replace 12.0 with 11.2, and pretend nothing happened.

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aks3d/112_downgrade_using_steelhax_is_being_restructured/
Self downgrading from v11.x is coming soon or is here. I think the guys in this thread are still testing it before it's consumer grade

Anyone have impressions of Chase: Cold Case Investigations? I saw it on the freeshop and it's by the guy behind Hotel Dusk. Is it worth playing?

anyone got I am an Air Traffic Controller? Any of them.

Yes.

You're better off without the translation, the story is complete shit with or without knowing moon.

This.

I want my god damn time back for playing that shit.

I want them to add Path of Radiance to the wii-u shop, so I can eventually pirate that, then drop the series forever.

Not even worth pirating.
It's an hour long, brain-dead easy, and has no interesting characters or setting. If I was a Hotel Dusk fan I'd be offended instead of just disappointed.

I just saw that Pokemon Sun/Moon was on the titlekeys website.

I don't really mess with those too much, so I'm not sure, but does that mean Sun/Moon leaked? or is that the equivalent to pre-loading and I still have to wait another 16 days to play the game for 5 minutes before getting bored

Not sure, I'll check. Here are the FBI QR codes for anyone else curious.

I'll give it a shot.

My FBI isn't detecting it.

Is it safe to play pirated games on a CFW enabled 3DS? If not, what about legit catridges but on a CFW-enabled 3DS? I have 2 old 3DSs, and if online play works just fine, I will probably sell one of them. Otherwise, I might keep it to play online.

pretty sure this question gets asked at least once every thread.

You can play online with a CFW 3ds. Only time you'd have to worry is if you're using a flash cart and you're using .3ds files.

But do I need to patch the cia files or install an app for stealth or is it just straightforward install, log in and play?

You're good to go without anything extra

Tux's Tales of Zimphony

I'm sorry, but are you fucking retarded? He just said it is absolutely fine unless you use a flashcart or .3dsx files.

Nintendo announced this was false, even though it would save them a lot of money to tie the noose now for the wii u. I mean it has had exploitable firmware for what, a year and a half now and they havent fixed it.

"but an article on the internet said!"

I am a retard, yes, but I wanted to double check because I remember people saying some time ago that you needed to extract some keys or some shit from one of your legit carts to go online, and I wasn't sure if this applied to this CFW implementation or if this was for .3ds files.

Can't believe I've put 80+ hours on fucking Star Sapphire, I've never put this much time in ANY Pokemon game, NSMB2 crashes when customizing music mods though, probably checks the hash data or something like that.

I used an online QR decoder.

Those are just links to the damn ticketkeys. This means absolutely nothing.

If you scan it with FBI it installs it, you fucking retarded nigger.

Lick me all over my body, user

we'll find out soon enough. I've got 300mb to go.

Let us know. My FBI still refuses to detect those QR codes.

Nope, false alarm. It loops at the 3ds logo.

Damn.

Ha-Hah! Faggot.

Like I said, I can still use the remaining part, but that's obviously less than ideal and I doubt mending it will hold.

MY TURN FAGGOTS

SCREEN BOOTLOOP HERE WE COME

If this genuinely works, I'll suck the dick of everyone in this thread.

Mine was only 2.96, wonder if that means anything.

Probably not.

gl user

not bad

Updating rednand was just system settings/other settings/system update right?

I'm thinking about getting one of pic related, but they only come in JAPANESE. Are there US/EU/JAP versions of the install files and such?

Sun/Moon QR is probably legit but going by what is being said on GBATemp, the titlekey isn't useful until the seed is released.

Will the seed be obtainable from a retail copy?

The links In the OP? Yes.
My 3DS is above.

Of course.

You guys haven't tried if the demo seed works with the full game?

Oooh! user! Sexy thinking, I'll try it when it downloads. I doubt it will work.

OK, because if it was part of the way the download worked it would have been pointless because the retail copy will drop earlier.

Yh xx

Good luck with that. Shit's probably well encrypted.
Better off waiting for someone to dump their cartridge.
There are some hopes of getting the cia installable on non-CFW 3DS's
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ak7nr/there_will_be_at_least_one_bundle_with_pokemon/

QR codes for the Hyrule Warriors Legends and New Leaf updates? freeShop don't have them yet.

Here's an unbelievably retarded question: Is it okay to change the time on my 3DS after I have a9lh installed? I remember I had to change it to access browserhax and realized it was at the wrong time when I booted up Animal Crossing.

Yes ma'am.

Thanks, lady.

Report if it works or not user

are you a slut by any chance?

I downloaded a japanese video on Freeshop with the Kid Icarus icon and tried playing it, but I got an error_message_load in a black screen. Any idea what happened?

The reason why I got the video was because I was hoping that would be those anime short episodes they made based on Kid Icarus.

If you want me to, I'll be.

Why would it work? You are downloading the same exact .cia from the Eshop. It's going to be locked for a few days. If you really want to play it early scour something like 3dsiso.

Serious?

Because it practically just came out you cock sucker. Have patience or check 3dsiso.

Yes, I'm down. No point holding back my urges anyway.

Already did, came empty handed. I'll check again in a bit.

Right well, how does one go about contacting you anonymously?

friend codes then animal crossing.

You don't have a Discord or something?

That wasn't me, and I do.
Make a group, I'll join.

degeneracy
animal crossing is truely the most secure chat client

Oops my bad, wasn't paying attention to IDs.

discord.gg/FgqbX

Give me 5 minutes

shameful.

What the fuck is happening in thus thread

Naw I bought that exact one here in Canada. It was even hackable it came with like 10.9 I think.

amazon.ca/New-Nintendo-Super-Mario-Land/dp/B01JSROIBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478143761&sr=8-1&keywords=new 3ds

A lot of faggotry, apparently.

people just wanna efukt

am I still safe to update if I have a9lh

pf courshe

Thank God we've just hit bump limit.

it wouldn't have changed much

So did it worked user? Using the demo seed?

Still downloading, 600mb to go

Okay, it's decided; this shit is the Discord for these threads. Come here for help if you're absolutely retarded.

discord.gg/VA3eKYy

Hurry, make it for the next OP.

Nah, we need to see if this is something the 3ds homebrew community on Holla Forums wants.

Demo seed file doesn't work, knew it, still, was nice to try

It's a shame then, thanks for trying user.

looks like you'll just have to wait

Eh honestly I don't mind

Not sure how we are to get the seed file.

Would it be a quick trip to the eshop to repair data? Or waiting for a cartridge user to dump it the second it comes out? I say cartridge only because otherwise we'd have to wait for someone to download the 3gb on the capped speed.

Nevermind, to download, you go to FBI, find the title in the list and select the option to retrieve the seed.

My stylus doesn't want to stay in it's little hidey hole anymore
fug

Get superglue, dip the stylis tip in it, then insert into slot, holding for 2 minutes.

Otherwise, buy a new stylus. They lose their shape after a year or two, causing them to not fit anymore, in my experience.

A point of note: if you are attempting to do the DSiWare downgrade through the guide on version 11.2 you will have to download the Steelhax installer from here ( gbatemp.net/threads/steelhax-a-steeldiver-subwars-secondary-entrypoint.440673/ ) and not from the link on the guide. The link on the guide is a version of steelhax-installer that works for versions 11.1 and lower, and won't support an install on 11.2.

Looks like the OP needs to be updated

Anyone have a clue how to do regular wii piracy?

Try the WiiU homebrew general

you guys im super creeped out

Can I still go to the normal eShop with Luma and purchase stuff? And do I need to install the eShop in the Homebrew Launcher list to do that (if not, what is that for?)?

What are you looking for that the Freeshop can't provide?

DLC content.

Yeah if you update to the current firmware with luma you can access the store no problem. The eshop in the homebrew launcher was either to access the store with older firmware or to access stuff on the store that was de-listed I can't remember.

In theory. This is what protects the FIRM regions.

If it's loose you could also just widen it with a bit of electrical tape.

Shit games? MN9 isn't on there.

Freeshop can do DLC. In the app, click the SNES game controller button, it's in the middle of the five buttons on the bottom screen. From there you can click on your installed titles; anything with a green exclamation point has an update you can queue up and anything with a yellow exclamation point has DLC you can queue up. It doesn't let you pick and choose, though, it just downloads every single piece of DLC available for that game, which is hilarious if you get the theme DLC because you end up with more themes than your 3DS can handle.

Oh, I didnt know that, thanks!

Isn't that dangerous, though, for online play? Couldnt Nintendo track what DLCs I have purchased and confront with what I'm using online? Say, in Mario Kart, for instance?

My understanding is that because the NNID account system is half-assed and not fully integrated into the system this makes Freeshop downloaded content (both games and DLC) indistinguishable from legitimately downloaded content.

But, I am not an expert on that. I don't do online play with my 3ds.

come and get it