Might and Magic VI Thread

Recently got this again, I remember playing it when I was young, never got too far. Anyone have fond memories or recent playthroughs of this?

Link to greyface mod for better playability:
sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm

Have you done Castle Darkmoor yet

triggered

This reminds me that I got to the spaceship in MM VII but didn't continue anymore. Entering that place felt like bullshit, swarmed with enemies from the get go.

by the time i reach Lincoln im so fucking op the security robots cant touch me

the fuck happened to your capture m8, shits flickery as hell

What are some of the most OP things?
I'm generally going with Day of the Gods and all the shizzle combined with the laser pistols.

you can warp very far into the game in the forst town. see if yoi can find the secret.

old game -> nightmare to record

most convenient spells of all times: town portal and loyds beacon
most op shit in game:
a) arm master + dual wielding weapons with vampiric/of darkness enchantment (possibly with bodybuilding)
b) Shrapmetal spell
c) day of gods+day of protection+hour of power

the fuck are you talking about?

go on theroof of a building in first town and click wall

oh that

This is MM6 we're talking about.
What I most vividly remember from the current one that's more or less on hold: getting stuck between two packs of gargoyles in Silver Cove. I feel that by the time I get enough of them killed my party will be 50+ years old.
One of the few actual good memories was going into the Dragonsand by accident for the first time at around lvl 35. I also decided to go find the fountain while I was there.

Man the end game of this was genuinely retarded.
Have to fight hordes of bullshit enemies with shit ton of health which inflict status ailments, break weapons or just cause instant death every other turn with no strategy apart from sheer brute force required.
Literally no previous Might and Magic was like this.

bump

VII is my personal fave

Would yiffe / 10

The whole speesh aliens arc was a mistake

Every game in the franchise has had scifi elements

Not even remotely true. And even if they did, and again I call bullshit, I stand by my post.

If I wanted to give the series a try, where should I start?

Wasn't a huge fan of 6. Everything felt like grinding through hordes of enemies rather than well thought out encounters. Also the castle with the bugged eyes was cancerous. Also lots of bugged skills/weapons. Halfway through the game it just started feeling like a slog.

Also liked the story of 7 better with the HOMM tie-in.

name one game (X doesn't count) that doesn't have spessaliums.

To break it down:
DOS games: 1&2 - Has random encounters, assumes you own a guidebook, horribly outdated UI, sometimes nonsensical game design, sometimes obtuse puzzles that require graph paper
Old School: 3-5 - Replaces random encounters with set enemies and a pseudo real time combat (pretty similar to Grimrock), much better UI and has in game accessible map. Pretty tough & still has a focus on puzzles, but they are typically less obtuse. Still has lots of instadeath situations, so save often. 4&5 are one game, and have lots of QoL improvements over 3, though the dual worlds can somewhat unbalance the game. Main focus is on dungeon crawling.
3D era: 6-9 - 9 is bad, and 8 wasn't particularly well polished. Puzzles have much less of a presence, but these games focus a lot on the open world aspect. 6 is much more difficult due to higher monster density, but a lot of people like it better (probably because of the difficulty?). 7 has arcomage though, which is hella fun.
X - modern ubisoft game. Haven't played because ubisoft.

Pick any apart from the last two and go wild.

user, I'm not arguing over the quantity of shit in my pastrami sandwich. The fact that the shit is present at all is the problem.

Says who?

gameplay wise i'm not a fan of it, but I think it fits with the cheesy and lighthearted lore.

Santa Claus. He also told me that he'll try and get you some better taste in crpg settings this year.
Albion did this mixture well. Early M&Ms did too. The later ones were just keyser soze and the 90s muh mandatory twist tier of pretentious

That's another story. Same shit with the original dungeon siege and fucking machineguns, flame throwers and what not. Who's going to use a fucking bow or a sword after a grenade launcher?

What?

I didn't find the end game hard at all, you just got the blaster skill to expert and went to town. Still, I didn't like it, gameplay-wise it seemed a bit too heavy handed to introduce those sci-fi guns and shit without actually balancing it

Did you faggots spill over from that HOMM thread we had a while ago or something?

Sorry to burst your bubble but I argued over this long before 8ch was a thing.

You larping young Travolta or something? Try sentences next time.

Oh so you were wrong for even longer, nice for you to admit that

Tell me a bit more about being wrong. :^)

Nice shifting the goalposts faggot, I was talking about the unbalanced nature of the endgame of MMVI, gameplay-wise, when it comes to the lore and the story it makes perfect sense to have ayyliums and sci-fi guns and shit because it conforms to M&M lore. Yet here you are shitting completely at the concept of ayyliums in Might and Magic when it is the core reason Might and Magic exists, namely all planets in all games were made by the spacefaring ayyliums known as the Ancients.

>start damage control listing logical fallacies instead
Oh, user.

So was I; and a couple of posts before you at that, but in all fairness I don't remember your kind ever being able to fit the narrative with the timeline.

What did he mean by this?

Never said it was hard. Just extremely tedious.
Even to get those blasters you need to explore ships full of enemies that can kill you instantly.
Hell there are enemies that can even eradicate you.

My god, we don't even get cancer from r/english anymore. What's your native language, newfriend? Maybe I can translate that for you. :^)

Yes, pls tell me all about those glorious rpg playing games you play.

No?

bump