Music that pumps you up vs Today

How the fuck did we get from this…

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM&t
youtube.com/watch?v=Mfy8CEd_50w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

…to this?

And let's not forget one of the best iterations of the classic.

This is also one of my personal favorites, still, how the fuck did Capcom get so bad at composing game music? I remember MvC2 being quite weird, and CvS2 was a downgrade from the first game when it came to background music.

Oh wait, I just forgot, I always played CvS with classic music enabled instead of whatever they had, my bad, CvS original music was forgettable.

This one is not that bad come on

SF kind of kept some of the spirit, but the crossover games got it pretty bad, this may sound quite similar to the modern theme but for some reason I always think the classic gives me a higher adrenaline rush, too bad the Strider remake has nothing like that.

Capcom went through this weird electronica phase that didn't mesh well with me. I guess they wanted to capitalize on the rising popularity of EDM and WUBstep. At least SFV's soundtrack is mostly solid stuff. One of the few good things about that shit heap of a game.

there's a vid going around about forgettable soundtracks in movies

The Marvel Symphonic Universe
youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
and a good response vid
A Theory of Film Music
youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM&t

Alpha 3's story demo themes were enough to make your blood run hot

wait, I can multi-embed?

those are WEBMs

shit, I am quite sleep deprived, stupid cold.

Those aren't embeds newfag.

SFA3 right? never liked the music on that one.

I think it worked in only one game.

Let's just say none of those themes sound quite unique and energetic compared to the earlier games, here is another favorite of mine.

Let's just say you have shit taste, considering you didn't even post the best theme from MVC1

That one is also good, at least we can agree that the modern iterations don't put too much effort nowadays.

Thanks to the SNES sound we can pretty much know how this would sound with real instruments.

Can someone tell me if LoS has some kind of battle music? cuz exploring with this, even thouhg is orchestral doesn't put me in the mood.

We need to get Serious here guys.

Too bad they completely fell flat on their faces with Juri's theme… I didn't even know what to say when I heard it.

Fun fact: The composer for Street Fighter 2 was a woman named Yoko Shimomura and she didn't even write music for the characters, she just wrote a random selection of music in different styles and let the developers decide who got which theme.

I honestly can't remember the music from LoS, which is a damning indictment for a CV game. It's mostly generic orchestral shit but I will take that every day over the fucking wubstep that is all the rage these days.

For my contribution here's orchestral shit done right that gets you pumped for exploring.

She was the composer of Parasite Eve's original soundtrack too.

Post some SNK niggers

SNK had shit music in some of their mid KoF games, for example, 2001 was atrocious.

RASHIDOOOOOOOOO

Hype as fuck.

Yeah SF5 has a really good soundtrack. It's got the best version of balrog's theme, outside maybe his CPS1 version

That sounds like a janitor in tap shoes sweeping the alley behind a gay bar.

Let's get some good stuff in here instead of all this garbage EDM and robotic farting.

I can't get over how they ruined the perfect waifu

what are you talking about? this is gr-ok

The SF4 and SF5 Ibuki themes are garbage. What were they thinking?

POLNAREFF ASSIST MOTHERFUCKER
VIVA LA FRANCE

Simple, hard, and fast. Not too loud, but not too quiet either. Perfect for the level. Now we'll listen to a modern remake of this track.

also Ladder to Heaven from Shadow Hearts Covenant.

Pointlessly loud, over-layered, and wouldn't fit in any of the levels in the base game. Faster than it needs to be, which makes it even less suited for the game. Finally, we move on to the remake in the new game.

Suffers from most of the problems found in the last one, but dials the loudness and over-complexity to 11. It's significantly slower than the last one, but not fast enough that it would fit the pacing of the original. I've never played the new Doom, but if the pacing is the same as the original, this track is garbage for the game, and in isolation from the game it's rather mediocre.

God damn it, linked the same one twice.

the worse the music the better then game

Good taste

you want SNK? You got SNK!

Last one for now.

I like this one a lot.

It's fucking awful.
Fucking AWFUL.
Much like all the music in SF4

Nigger, are you implying Doom is slow?

I think I get what he's saying. It definitely sounds much fucking better and is more listenable in general, but it's too fast to be ambient level music unless you're surrounded by monsters 100% of the level.

GET DOWN TO ROCK
GET UP TO BURN

Sonic Generations was really faithful to the original tracks.

I'd honestly say I prefer a lot of the Generations mixes to the originals.

Alpha 1 had such tasteful remixes.

Not to mention the alternate extended versions of each track like the Charlie theme with added sax solo

Capcom had good style in music before the 6th generation more or less, when I heard Charlie's theme for the first time without having played SFA I swear it made me think it was a Megaman track.

You have good tastes. MVC1 and Xmen vs Street fighter had better music in general

CAAAAPTAIN COMMANDO

CAPTAIN. SWORD-O

It's time for some real fighting game music

ooo gurl

youtube.com/watch?v=Mfy8CEd_50w

They knew didn't they?

actually the thread is not limited to fighting games

The music is too fast for Doom. Metal does not mix with Doom.