Mountain Blade Warband: Console Edition

Why?

How the fuck is this even supposed to work?

They had to practice some before consolizing Bannerlord

EPIC 12v12 TOWER SIEGES BRUH!!!

pls no

it's like you don't want to have fun

downgrade imminent.

yeah, pretty much true about all PC exclusives. They are shit until you pump them full of mods that "fix" the game play.

It'll definitely happen somewhere along the line

Believe or not, I've seen people playing this. It's mindboggling.

What are the controls even like?
How do you move around on the overworld map?
How do you quickly loot/sell items in the inventory screen?

Go plug an xbox control into your pc when you are playing Mount and blade. You will be very surprised.

vanilla warband is great nigger. Just because mods make it better doesn't mean its bad.

D-did that just happen?

Boys this is historic I must be destined for great things or something.

I can't wait to buy Warband with Holla Forums on my Xbox One

this really works?

also checked

There's so little competition on consoles nowadays that any halfway decent release will make millions.
Well DMoMM's console release sort of worked though it wasn't amazing.

Yeah I found out because I had my controller plugged in and my character looking up whenever entering combat, I thought it was a weird glitch but I just had something resting on the joystick.

Funnily enough I googled "character always looking up glitch mount and blade" and found out why it was happening because someone was doing the exact same thing.

Most recent talk from the devs themselves is consoles are not a priority. Also coop campaigns have been considered but are likely too hard to implement, if they happen at all it'll be post release. They have a 'community manager' or whatever that hangs around halfchan's /vg/.

>They have a 'community manager' or whatever that hangs around halfchan's /vg/.
That community manager is a forum oldfag from europe (a slav if I remember right) who got hired to move to Turkey and work directly for the Armagan because he had the strange arse skill to bant without upsetting normalfags.

This I did not know. I only go back on the rare occasion I want to grab the repository link from the Stalker general or shitpost on /ck/ but I've seen him around.

How much do you think these console ports sell compared to the PC original? Notch said minecraft sold way more on other platforms than PC.

Those were probably from the tablet/phone sales.

Yeah but even Kerbal got ported. There must be alot of cash to be made on consoles.

Typically yes, especially if your game is already making waves in the PC scene. People who owns both PC and console are also inclined to rebuy for reasons I don't get.

Well again consider the lack of competition this generation. People are desperate to throw money at good console games.

I wish we could see the sales to compare.

Most people won't release them, I'm afraid. You'd also have to be careful considering profit margin is generally higher for PC games so sales =/= net profit.

To profit from consolefags who heard about how awesome Mount&Blade is.
It will be shit just like any moddable game ported, but whatever.

Or rather it is extremely cheap to port on them.
Remember that after a lot of complains about porting a game from one system to another current gen is very close to regular PCs.

Vanilla singleplayer warband is fine.

Spotted the console 'tard

I don't think that's the case. Licensing is much more strict on console.

it is if you enjoy grinding forever with demented AI and no challenge

But it is still much cheaper to port then it used to be.

>mfw every lord joins my faction until the King gets butthurt
Fucking plebs

Money isn't a problem unless you are mentally retarded and cannot intro trade financing. The grindy part has always been doing a trillion quests for every faggot in the realm so you can get fieds/lords and actually advance instead of spending a thousand years raiding shit at random.

WEW

You mean tournaments or what?

Get the fuck out peasant

What the fuck did they do to Thrawn?

He's in that shitty tv show Rebels. It's shit. It has shit stuff in it, like a shitty faggot version of Thrawn and shitty helicopter lightsabers.

I know how to do all of that, it's still grindy as fuck and not fun or challenging. I've wasted over 1000 hours on single player and that's how long it took me to realize how vapid and boring it is. Starts out fun but it gets extremely monotonous, just fighting endless battles with your top tier units without any effort. Raid, fight, recruit, train, repeat. I could beat several actually good games with the time and effort it takes to conquer the map. Mods improve but ultimately don't fix shit, especially not the AI.

I completely agree
Like, seriously this show is shit.
I don't know why people like this show, it's
kike-made trash, that's exactly what it is.
Everyone who likes this show has shit
Taste.
Horrible show, Terrible show!
I can't even describe the shitty characters.
Shills like the ones who made rebels should be
skewered on a pike. This show, this show is
horrendous, abhorrent I wonder what kind of
oblivious morons like this show.
Woe to them.

Companies will whore out anything if there's money to be made. No surprise there.

How on earth do you do that? Is it in the "I don't want to battle you?" dialogue?

No, that only works when you have a positive relationship with an enemy lord.
You can duel other lords by talking to a Musician and battling for his dame or by taking the quest from a another of your faction, asking him if he has something in mind to advance him and yourself further in the faction which will make you insult the Lord he tells you to and consequently 1 on 1 him.
Theres also a certain War loving Lord in each faction, so make sure you know which one it is if you want money/want certain Lords to be friendlier with you, most will be negative about War though.

Get good

It's not, they probably did it for a quick buck, the game is nearly unplayable without mods at this point.

No.

I can say with some certainty that I bought this precisely because I work away from home and I can't take my PC with me, so I play it on my PS4. It plays really well on controller. I wish it had mods, Prophecy of Pendor on console would be pretty sweet.

I also wanted to give TaleWorlds more of my money. They make good games and deserved 20 more dollars.