MUGEN/IKEMEN Thread: Superjail! Edition

MUGEN is a freeware proprietary 2d fighting game engine developed by Elecbyte. The engine is written in C and uses the SDL Library, and stages, characters, screenpacks, life bars, and even engine modifications have been made by the community. Although full games have been made in MUGEN, the engine has been widely used to make one's dream fighting game roster and make cartoons fight anime and shit like that. Most recent version is 1.1b, which adds dynamic stage cameras.
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/download-mugen-latest-release-1-1-official-release-8613-105841.0.html

There are thousands of guides on the internet on how to manually add characters, stages, and screenpacks (drag character folders into 'chars' folder, stage files into 'stages' folder ,screenpack files/folder into 'data' folder, etc.; then edit select.def), but if you want it to be done a bit easier, then use Vselect:
tunglashor.webnode.com/products/vselect/

Although base MUGEN does not have online multiplayer, a fork of MUGEN called IKEMEN has implemented online multiplayer. (Both players have to have the same IKEMEN full game for online to work properly)
osdn.jp/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage (engine)
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-to-ikemen-series-171303.0.html (IKEMEN thread)
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-disscussion-thread-167617.0.html (IKEMEN discussion)
evolvehq.com/client (Evolve client to make IKEMEN setup easier)

And for those who want to play online, here are some full IKEMEN games:
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/capcom-vs-snk-universe-162179.0.html

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/netmugen-te-revival-mugen-onlineikemen-project-167605.0.html

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hyper-dbz-majin-ikemen-online-hdbz-171258.0.html

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/touhou-rp-gensokyo-reloaded-091016-update-version-1-27-171500.0.html

Well, you need to know how to code in the C language and use the SDL library to be able to make MUGEN content. However, there is a program called Fighter Factory that makes it easier to create and edit characters, stages, fonts, etc. by providing all the possible tools and functions.
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-3-0-1-final-137126.0.html

Some user is making a MUGEN roster for an Holla Forums SaltyBet. You can download the most recent version here:
mega.nz/#!H59wnB6L!U5v512z_d1XEDmBy-8VsAxI40HhXqt6kT0r3hKP8Ym8 (previous version)

mega.nz/#!x1sAWSwA!jQUFAbBGf_otvhm_kZAdvQ6XnS6ujcDE41Tj-1df28E (most recent version)

Volafile to upload and share MUGEN content:
volafile.io/r/57oW_1

Other links include:
pastebin.com/5D91040L

pastebin.com/JLv2TDsV

pastebin.com/au1Hk9y3

pastebin.com/y4CNv02w

Featured character is Jailbot by altoiddealer
mega.nz/#F!gcFEyKYB!yUfcSkydLGkPqahyK3efFg

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!x1sAWSwA!jQUFAbBGf_otvhm_kZAdvQ6XnS6ujcDE41Tj-1df28E
onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALcOihGdxOBsNSE&id=6591F2879242ADA7!269&cid=6591F2879242ADA7
onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALcOihGdxOBsNSE&id=6591F2879242ADA7!265&cid=6591F2879242ADA7
mugencharacters.ucoz.com/load/famous_games_chars/fei_by_roks_xenogears/11-1-0-2253
mega.nz/#!GodUyRiT!jiuvLhp9UAU8kP1dOb7Qz_v3ZjQNaLvdFnUOAVdD-E8
mega.nz/#!oQEEQSoR!unrfBSfoLzYAdntWkMIGCTEPvO7vrqk0moITOzwaJm4
gematsu.com/2016/11/downtown-rantou-koushinkyoku-kachinuki-kakutou-sp-announced-ps4
onedrive.live.com/?id=B733B36D722D358F!135&cid=B733B36D722D358F
mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/28098-jojos-bizarre-adventure-recreated-fighters/
network.mugenguild.com/basara/eng.htm
kamekaze.trinitymugen.net/Sailor Jupiter.rar
zvitor.com.br/Downloads/Catwoman.rar
mega.nz/#!ZUs2HCQZ!73RnPFtj3IrLCbYwnJ_XzoNsfeeCOLemh9H8hKc7968
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to post the Saltybet stream.

8chanbet when?
is it still happening?

Probably not in a long time. The last user who said he would make some changes to the build hasn't responded yet. Here's the most recent build of the roster:
mega.nz/#!x1sAWSwA!jQUFAbBGf_otvhm_kZAdvQ6XnS6ujcDE41Tj-1df28E

REMOVE ALL 2HO

hope it happens, tunes and fights is best 2nd monitor occupier.

Bumping

This Segata char needs to be fixed/balanced badly.

heh, don't think "jobber" is appropriate for a literal coin flip.

bumf

Anyone played Castlevania Fighter?

Spook bump

Bump

What the fuck happened to Mugen Free For All, my browser is saying it can't access to the site and it has been like that for a few days

Same, was the site abandoned or something? Maybe?

It probably has something to do with the owner of the site working on updating the forum software.

bump

Is it too much to ask for even one MUGEN that has a consistent art style?

It depends really.
Most people just grab a bunch of chars and mash them all together.
However, when a team actually wants to make a game, every char has a consistent art style.

A topic for this thread?

What are you dream chars that haven't been created yet?

What are you dream stages that haven't been created yet?

A Street Fighter or King of Fighters styled Kunio-kun game would be kinda nice.

A good Kamen Rider char.

My nigger

It's worth noting that the two most recent Kunio-kun games, Tokyo Rumble and River City Super Sports Challenge have free-for-all type fighting modes with a good cast of characters with special moves. I'd like something a bit more structured though, beyond just a one stage customizable mini-game.

Patriarcan taste

bump

Few things:
I am not the original MUGEN saltybet guy, (or the other user who would make changes), but I will actually make a few changes.
First up, I've updated the list with a small amount of new characters. I'll also spend a hour organizing each character by game/series/anime whatever, just like how the JoJo characters are organized. My hope is for each character's playstyle to be in a special place in the roster, so joke characters and characters that are meant to be played "seriously" are clearly defined.
I see that the OS-Tan series are actually quite cheap on their own, so they will most certainly be in the joke section. Boss characters and the like might also get their own section, or a subsection of the "joke" characters.
I did put in four meme characters, identifiable on the left (and one on the right). If popular soveriegnty demands it, I will keep the characters and add more undermeme cancer remove the characters and add something worthwhile in their place, because they are essentially placeholders to keep the damn rows neat.
Aside from that, I will take stage and character suggestions. Work will stop when either the original guy comes back, or some other faggot claims he can do a better job and can prove it with smug anime photographs.
I won't remove any characters except the ones I have added/changed.
Anyway, here is a preview picture. I am planning on adding more X-Men and a functional Marvel/DC section. I am also planning on expanding the Touhou section, and adding more waifus to do battle with. Maybe more JoJo characters too.
Other than to stop sucking male sexual reproductive organs, and swallowing the substance they expel from the testicles when aroused sufficiently, any suggestions?

See if you can add Bomberman and Bubblun
onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALcOihGdxOBsNSE&id=6591F2879242ADA7!269&cid=6591F2879242ADA7
Also, try to replace the Pikachu in the roster with this more recent one
onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALcOihGdxOBsNSE&id=6591F2879242ADA7!265&cid=6591F2879242ADA7

Done.

Here's a peek at the roster reorganization. I'm not completely done yet, as everything will fit snugly without the ugly spaces, but bascially everything top to where the original game character list ends is all the characters I consider "non-jokey". I added a shit ton of DC characters and there is still more to come.
Give me more suggestions, and stage links with MUSIC please.

Quick edit: I notice that I forgot to add Bubblun. He's in the list now, on the right, but it's not in the picture.

Roster remodel is in beta. I'll give a download link for anyone who wants to test it out.
Pic related, it's about what the final product should look like.
Again, taking suggestions, anyone you don't see up there can be up there. The only preference I have is for there to be less joke characters, but I'm not imposing restrictions on anyone, that'd be retarded.
I'll post the MEGA link in a wee bit.
I'm specifically looking for more JoJo character requests, and more OC (in the same vein as Dragon Claw.) requests. Any 2hu requests are also most welcome. Video game MUGEN characters are also fine, and if any of you want more Marvel/DC characters, specify who(m).
The biggest request I have is for more anime MUGEN characters. Specifically of the action genre.
The reason is because Luffy is looking misplaced as fuck in that roster, and it might be better for myself if I can actually make a group with enough of the same vein of characters. I'll kill myself if I don't cure this OCD related problem, so please.

My internet sucks and I'll need to wait a few hours before I can share the link. Mega unfortunately doesn't give a link to a download page that doesn't exist yet so I'll probably give an update tomorrow morning. In other words, in nine or ten hours.
The final file is about around 2.5 gigs.

As for characters, I estimate we have 60~ or so slots left. I recommend either finding another screenpack if people want to continue to, well, contribute after the limit is passed, but that's just what may be wise.

I'd think it might be wise to fill up the roster, and slowly replace defunct and useless/"bad" characters and balance those out of proportion with the rest. My idea for the future is to eventually tag all the joke characters, so when multiplayer is finally decided on, people can choose whether or not to play with others using joke characters or not. In this vein, Joke characters have no need to be balanced, but only the idea of removal. Other characters would be treated the opposite way. No non-joke character would be removed (with hopefully minor exceptions), but only balanced so they fit better with the rest.

Have a funny mp4 in the meantime.

Can I play as sans and frisk?

Anyone have the MUGEN version of Fei from XenoGears? Some one ripped fighting sprites for him and I want to rip what was used. There are two versions, the second is with inferior screen caps.
(Skip to 7:40). Mobile, can't embed.

youtube / watch?v=nuqu80pKlhE

The only link I could find is this, and it's the second version:
mugencharacters.ucoz.com/load/famous_games_chars/fei_by_roks_xenogears/11-1-0-2253

The upload is done.
Here's the link:
mega.nz/#!GodUyRiT!jiuvLhp9UAU8kP1dOb7Qz_v3ZjQNaLvdFnUOAVdD-E8

Chip's Challenge is fun as fuck to watch in fast motion. Vid only half-related. Probably my single favorite thing about MUGEN is gag characters.

Nice. Unfortunately 90% of what you added doesn't show up due to file path fuckery, but that's easily fixed. Protip: put the character subfolders in the same folder next time

I doubt rebalancing multiple characters is going to work out. Tweaking little things here and there, sure, but anything more than that takes some dedication. And we've enough trouble keeping the thread afloat, let alone getting people to actually DO something. Besides having characters of vastly differing powerlevels is what makes MUGEN MUGEN. Nobody's going to want to be presiding over the fine points of the Kenshiro versus Homer Simpson matchup.

MAGA bump
Donald Trump in MUGEN when?

wew

You're probably experiencing the same problem as .

I just had to replace the vselect included in the 7z with a clean install to get it to work. Did have to move folders and edit select.def for characters to show up

Toki windmilling his arms cracks me up every time

reposting this game made with mugen

mega.nz/#!oQEEQSoR!unrfBSfoLzYAdntWkMIGCTEPvO7vrqk0moITOzwaJm4

I don't understand why it doesn't work for people.
Maybe the list uses EXACT directory bullshit unless it's in the default char/ directory.
I've figured out a way to upload PATCHES instead of BUILDS. That way you fucks don't have to download (nor do I have to upload) 2.8 fucking gigs of memes

Yes, this. If you don't want the path to start in /chars you need to specify the whole path, which is what vselect was doing.

I still need to try out this game. It looks pretty fun.

I always wondered why there wasn't something in the chara's code to identify if the character is male or female for this kind of situation.

Or they can use just "Finish It!" for MK characters i dunno.

KUNIO.

gematsu.com/2016/11/downtown-rantou-koushinkyoku-kachinuki-kakutou-sp-announced-ps4

I wish it wasn't PS4, looks fun

That Jailbot is fucking great, but is the show worth watching anymore? I loved the first season but I had no idea more came out of it.

Are there any other not-terrible Jojo characters for MUGEN? The only other ones that don't suck (but still look nothing like the httf sprites) are Kars, Shadow-Diavolo-straight-up-ripped-from-ASB, Pucci, Mista and Josuke.

Speaking of, has anyone ever tried making a heritage to the future port for MUGEN or any other engine? And no, I'm not talking about that mosaic of Jojo characters + stages, that shit was fucking terrible.

The author who done Shadow Diavolo had also done several custom Jojos, including an ASB Koichi, Rohan, and the Kawajiri Kosaku version of Kira. Here's his work:
onedrive.live.com/?id=B733B36D722D358F!135&cid=B733B36D722D358F

mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/28098-jojos-bizarre-adventure-recreated-fighters/
Here. Pretty much all of these are only as good as they look.

Also, I recommend hentai DIO if you ever get tired of the standard moveset. He's got a palette mode that simplifies some commands so there's room for more special attacks.

The closest thing I could find: Napalm Man with Trump voice clips

network.mugenguild.com/basara/eng.htm
Chars -> Jokes/Bosses

I'd like to see it attempted, but doing so would require some advanced autism. HftF is way more complex than it looks, and things like proper behaviour for pushblock need to be over-engineered in MUGEN because the engine can't handle them properly. Most people can't be bothered to get SF characters right, there's no chance of them watching memory values to figure out HftF's quirks.

Heck most people don't even feel like adding dynamic cameras to their game, so it's always this zoomed in shit you see in all demonstrations.

MUGEN "games" don't even make their own stages. The stages are either no effort still images or stages created by other authors without giving credit.

bump

kirby characters work well for a fighting game

The rest of the characters are nice, though.

hahahaha… nope

Here you go:
kamekaze.trinitymugen.net/Sailor Jupiter.rar
zvitor.com.br/Downloads/Catwoman.rar

bump

bump

one day we'll have comfy fights, one day

Why does she have a american gun when she is russian right? wha da fug?

cammy is british you moron

bump

Do screen pack edits count?

I allow it. How's the screenpack going along?

It's come along well, I think.
Well, I like what I did anyways.
I'm uploading it to mega as I post this, I'll post the link later, would appreciate honest feedback.
If it's shit, it's shit.

Here's the link.
mega.nz/#!ZUs2HCQZ!73RnPFtj3IrLCbYwnJ_XzoNsfeeCOLemh9H8hKc7968

Does anyone have those webms of user playing Magic Geese and fighting all those edgy 2hu edits?

LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE AINT WHAT IT USED TO BE

What did you expect from an image from DeviantArt?

What did you expect from an image with a DeviantArt filename?

There needs to be more Final Fantasy yaoi.

I like Lego, I like Star Wars. I dont want politcally charged, mentally ill, ""people"" who dont even like Star Wars trying to dictate how the property operates. Its worse than when the gaming industry panders to the """largest""" ""gaming demographic"" IE Moms on smart phones

STAY OUT OF MY HOBBIES

good advice

you got the date and platform for Injustice 2 wrong

I hope these School Days chars get updated one day

They look like they need much better spritework. And coding.