Necessary Remake/Rerelease Thread

Post games you think are in need of a remake or a rerelease.

Never released in the west, save for V. Porting all of the original games in HD on modern hardware would be a great way to introduce us to the series.

1st game was good, but had issues that kept it from being great. A REmake-styled remake for the 1st game would do wonders, and with the release of Jurassic World and it's upcoming sequels, now would be a great time to make one.
I also just REALLY want to see Regina in a new game.

I used to be a fan of Dino Crisis but as i mature in my knowledge of survival horror and traditional RE clones, i realized that it was never especially good.
It was ok-ish, with some pretty bad parts.
In hindsight, it was mostly a way for capcom to test new engines and new things they could do, more of a tech demo, really.

I would rather see Onimusha 1-3 getting re-released in a single HD package (no new game, they would fuck it up, just release a re-release and be done with it).

It never should have ended.

Sakura Taisen does have a remake though.

I know, I just want the mainline series to finally be released westwards. Perhaps that rerelease could have both the original and the remake.

Die by the Sword
Proper melee combat with hit-locale damage and dismemberment.

Tales of Legendia is at this point probably the only main series Tales game that could use one, mainly due to all the odd quirks from being developed by a guest team that don't always leave it that fun to actually play. I'd just hope they'd leave the OST itself as is.

Of course, given general reception to it, that might be why Namco's never opted to. Actually kind of surprises me that they've left it with main series classification.

Reginafag, is that you?

I seem to recall hearing rumor of some anniversary collection or something coming out in Japan, but of course, with the bulk of the games not having existing English scripts, if something like that is made, there's no way in hell it's going to come overseas, unless some company can bill people the cost of at least four games for it.

Legendia has some nice music.

URGH
YOU HIT LIKE A KOBOLD

None. Why not just play the original, or perhaps wish for something that is not rehashed?

All the dino crisis games are great in their own way, except for 3. Only remake I would like to see. Except not remake it, but scrap it entirely and make a real sequel.
How many Reginafags could there be?

Never ever.

Are the Project X Zone games worth playing?

1 is neat but gets incredibly tedious very quick and maps start taking fucking forever since you always deploy every single unit, you basically always used all your attacks every turn, with little to no variation, and you have to wait your turn based on speed as opposed to just an enemy and player phase, which 2 went with. Character interaction is pretty meh, as well.

2 improves a shitload of stuff over 1. It still ends up kind of tedious, but far fucking less so, and it feels like the writing team had a lot more fun with the crossover stuff this time around. They improved the general combat, so that now you get 3 attacks per turn, with unused attacks getting buff for the next time you use them, along with crosshits not being nearly as good and meter gain not being arbitrarily capped to 100 (the max is 150) without a crosshit, and you can buy passives and upgrade attacks now, so you can actually customize your characters, on top of buying and selling equipment and such.

Oh, and in 1, your entire party used and shared one resource for basically everything, XP (not EXP). From Supers to spirit commands/buffs and shit, which means you are generally always hurting for meter, and the management for it is really fucking annoying since you had very limited control over when your units got to act.
2 adds an SP meter for every unit that they use for most of their buffs, with a select few still using XP if I remember correctly, while XP is reserved for supers and the new Mirage Cancel.

Basically, 1 is very, very mediocre, and it isn't really necessary to play 2, so I'd say only really play that if you really want to appreciate the improvements that 2 brought. (2 itself I would say sits comfortably in 'decent' territory, but I can appreciate the work that the devs put in to make the general experience less of a fucking slog, and I'd like to see a 3 to see if they can push that 'decent' into the realm of 'good' or even 'great' )

I don't know. Was sifting through some artist's page the other day and found this if they've been wanting more art.

Indeed it does. While I don't dislike Sakuraba the way some do, I do feel that Namco needs to let Shiina do more solo composition for the main series. Mostly because they're solo work on Legendia was a real plus for the game and I think Sakuraba could use a break, considering how many main series games he's had to make music for at this point.

While quality varies on attempt (there are certainly good, bad, and middling examples of remakes), sometimes a remake does a lot to take a classic and make it more enjoyable to actually play in taking what was learned and refined in later entires and applying it there. To use Tales as an example, Tales of Destiny was rather clunky in its PS1 incarnation and isn't all that easy to go back to if you're used to the fluidity of later games (even the next original entry in the series, Eternia, has much improved fluidity), while the PS2 remake has some of the best 2D combat in the series from what I've heard (sadly this version was never cleared for western release but is in the process of being fan translated).

Still, I would agree that focus ought to be more on developing new games than revisiting old ones.

On anything that doesn't require a pad or some shitty IR pointing device.

Any NISA game without NISA fucking translating.

I'd much rather play the originals than risk them ruining games I love. Games or movies or books don't need remakes if they are good enough to begin with. Make a sequel if anything.

Devil May Cry.

A non-Ubisoft PC port is all I ask for.
Redo DMC3 while at it.

Just add mouse support.

I don't want to see remakes of anything, really. I'm fine with old console exclusives getting PC ports, though.

There's a discord group that's managed to setup a private server for it. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

This game is so unbalanced and most of your men are utter garbage including the main character for most of the game which itself is a missfest.
Then again in their current state Intelligent Systems would only make it worse.

Wow neat, that's the first new piece I've seen in a while. As far as I know, I'm the only Regina autist.

What's wrong with DMC3? I thought it was a good port? Or it's another DMC I am thinking of, never really played them.

The original runs well only on single core and XP systems, only problem it has then is no widescreen res and fucky remapping.

Vista and later is what causes all the problem people have outside of that.

Yeah, that guy's actually a pretty decent artist. I don't follow many western/DA artists much (especially since Captainosaka still won't do more Double K despite having come back), but he and some other guy named Orioto are pretty good, and both seem rather active. Even found some fresh art of a series I'm a bit of an autist for from Hanzo myself.

Raginafag here. The first game is great, but it's not recognized as such. I think it's because everybody expects a puzzle heavy Resident Evil type of game, but it's a find key to progress to the next area game. In my mind, a lot of the allure of the first Dino Crisis is how it sets its mood. Many of the things found in Dino Crisis, especially how it handled the conversion to 3D, where later put in RE and it became better for it.also I really, really, really wanna put my benis inside Regina

oh, and Dino Crisis 3 is one of the handful of games on the OGXBox that i have to play. even if it's not so great.

you should look more into the library. I think you'll be very surprised. *Orta also includes the only 480p version of the original!*

+1 for Phantom Dust

Phantom dust was amazing online and offline. Played through the offline for the higher level skills to use them online and ended up enjoying the offline quite a bit.