What's the hardest boss you've ever fought?

What's the hardest boss you've ever fought?

Other urls found in this thread:

ephinea.pioneer2.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depression

I don't know if it was strictly the hardest boss I've fought, but the one I remember getting stuck on the longest was Alma from Ninja Gaiden

I only ever played Starfox 64 as a kid, and I racked up the fucking lives like a motherfucker, losing them all, every time, to the plant boss on the land master stage.

Also yeah, suicidal depression. That’s the current one.

I'm deaf

Any SNK fighting game boss on max difficulty.

That electric fish boss on ninja gaiden 2 was pretty fucking hard

You triggered my PTSD something fierce.

fuck you

Also, I don't know if this counts because the boss 'battle' is just a sequence of saving and reloading until the game presents you with a battle you can win, then letting your autobattle units do everything for you.

It was worth it for that ending, though.

is that supposed to be the final boss of Mushihimesama Futari?

When I was a young user

Yes.
Admittedly I beat it (and DoDonPachi) while playing with a friend who also loves shmups.

Demifiend in Digital Devil Saga 1

Either Absolute Virtue in FFXI or the FFXIV 1.23 version of Nael van Darnus in Rivenroad (Hard)

Never did get that far in the original.

But I personally have to go with Nael Deus Darnus in Second Coil Turn 4; limited to 110 gear of the time, no Echo. In fact, I never actually beat her

came here to write this.
it's enough to make me question why even play games. nothing ever fills the void, I might aswell do nothing.

(cont.)
Afterthought: I can only imagine how hard things were with Second Coil (Savage). Especially against goddamn MELUSINE.

Non-vidya fills me with accomplishment. I recently got my run times down to where I can do 6 minute miles. That shit makes you feel good. That and sailing.

I hated it, but I did it.
I eventually wrote down the pattern on a piece of paper so I could just try and remember it, each time getting a little bit more of the pattern until finally I had memorized the whole pattern.

Mundus in Devil May Cry. I sperged out HARD during this fight. I spent like 2 hours dying over and over again to beat it.

the hardest boss i remember fighting is this one right here

without the teleporter

most of Holla Forums probably didn't play this though

press triangle over and over again, and only use magic to heal yourself and others

on normal there is not a single boss you should be dying on except maybe the giant robot dragon while you're on the flying machine and the dice boss if you didn't get it fast enough

Try Drakengard 3, you'll hate yourself even more.

I remember never being able to kill this bastard.

Is that re-volt?

Ebrietas is hard for all the wrong reasons. The camera is bullshit along with the framerate which decides to be extra shit. Also the charge attack is bullshit. That fight has no reason to be as bad as it is. The music is sick tho.

It was regularly considered that Melusine was harder than Nael. Hell, Melusine is STILL considered harder than nael because she exists in her unnerfed state (The changes to Miasma in Heavensward actually made the fight harder too, since the heavy is applied separately rather than rolled into the miasma debuff, so the cyclopes need to be bound to keep them still.

So far the hardest one I fought was probably the final battle against Vergil in DMC3 on Dante Must Die difficulty without using items. It's a great boss though so I enjoyed every attempt even though it took a few hours to beat him

Both of the Alma fights are incredibly frustrating, on Master Ninja this piece of shit dodges almost every single one of your attacks, it's so retarded. I love Ninja Gaiden but some parts are complete bullshit

Buggy-Wug?

Nigga please none of the bosses in that game were that hard.

Not even close

I cant remember the 2nd alma fight being hard, that one was one of the easier bossfights

wew

vamp on EE

This guy on critical.
Data Xemnas is pretty hard also.
I honestly didn't expect that I'd have to fight both versions of him

On what difficulty levels did you play? On normal it might be easier because the room isn't as tiny in the second fight but on the higher difficulties she starts to dodge more and more, it's so bad that if you're unlucky 9 out of 10 Flying Swallows are not going to damage her

ur mom

It was quite some time ago but I think mentor level is the highest I went? No idea what it was called in ninja gaiden 1

This fight wouldn't be hard at all if the bullshit charge attack wasn't there.

COMMENCING HOSTILITIES

Capitalism

But if you live in the US, Europe or a spic country you're already living in a communist state.

Communism.

Doctor Shemp :^)

Capitalism did nothing wrong.
He fought for a world where everyone gets what they truly deserve, but then got betrayed, shackled and forced to use his powers for a few special interests.

I guess Communism was just too retarded to be an intriguing boss, so they had to settle for Capitalism.

I'm fairly certain there's no bigger load of bullshit than this asshole in all of gaming.
This boss is literally Satan.

For a second I thought that was RMS.

Special mention to Ingiz in KoF 2001 and Magaki in KoF XI for being the worst cases of SNK boss syndrome.

wow this level of delusion

Ornstien and Smough.

Yes, I suck.

pick one you filthy red

Fighting depression feels worse than have it take over. I recently had a manic episode that made me realize what my depression of 6+ years actually "IS" objectively and almost like "triggered" this infighting of sorts.

I used to feel nothing and be stable. Right now it feels like I have a lawnmower blade ripping up my insides with these gushing streams of uncontrollable anger, sadness, anxiety, dangerous mania, and paranoia.

I imagine its only natural, after so many years of being absolutely emotionally shallow, for my brain to "correct" itself like that but I'll be damned if this isn't absolute torture.

I can tell I'm getting better but the feeling of being unable to trust my emotions is maddening.

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 final bosses.

Both games have a three form final boss you have to reach after running through a multiple stage gauntlet. After a while you learn the moveset, get bodied 20 times at least, and then you win. You skip boss forms on retries so that's at least easy + there are some cheese tactics but the rest is pure skill, knowledge and reactions.

Only to go back to 6-2, yay!

Here are some that traumatized me when I was young.

Came here to post this.

The early Armored Core series had some seriously ludicrous fights.

stay the fuck in your containment board Holla Forums

Death is a massive nigger but Goro really isn't that bad.

Vergil 3 on DMD and Alma Awakened on MNM.

Isn't that the default? DMC always felt well balanced around the idea that you wouldn't ever use items.

Alma's second fight was significantly harder in my opinion. On Master Ninja Mode you'll fight what is essentially her first form along with a new boss in between fighting Marbus and you have to do all three without a checkpoint. I was held up significantly longer by Alma in her second form than I was by the short boss rush. Vid related.

Just use holy water to stun lock any boss. Jesus Christ are you retarded?

I only ever played the first Armored Core. The only mission that ever gave me trouble was the one where you were underground in a gas chamber and your health was constantly being drained and the final mission. The controls were fun once you set them up like a racing game with the triggers being for accelerating and reverse.

My own crippling sense of self-loathing

Do people really have problems with the Medusa Heads? I thought that It was just an AVGN joke.

medusa heads PLUS axe knights

PLUS the computer being a faggot and having a random weapon pop out of some candle you accidentally hit (bye bye holy water and triple shot)

The candles and the weapons that come out of them are fixed. There's nothing random to it. and the Medusa heads don't come from both directions, they only come from the direction that you're facing. And the knights are nothing, all it takes is a single bottle of holy water and a few hit's from the whip, or you could just jump over them.

That fucking Night terror challenge on SCIII, fucking hell, that shit was hard on the hardest difficulty.
I also had a hard time killing Sephirot on that faggy "FF meets Disney" weebo game. Can't remember which instalment exactly, I wasn't playing the game, my little brother was, but he couldn't kill Sephirot and he asked me for help, learn to play it fighting the edgy faggot. It was awful, way too many one-hit KO.

Almost certain that's only true for Castlevania 1, I remember them coming from both directions in Dracula's Curse

he's never had a random drop
he's never had them come out 1 from each side lol
HAHAHAHA
while their fat ass is backing up?

Its not

Why are you now talking about Castlevania 3? I thought we were talking about Castlevania 1? I know Castlevania 1 from the back of my fucking hand as I beat it 8 times in a row without dying. I probably beat it over a hundred times.

Candle drops aren't random, you just have an awful memory. The only thing that's random are the drops from enemies. And I want you to show me fucking proof that Medusa heads don't spawn in the direction you're facing.

Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were autistic

Just offer him some tendies

He gets hit by the medusa heat and changes directions. Almost as soon as he changes directions the medusa heads spawns. You actually proved me right.

Just accept the fact that your wrong and you both suck.

I could look for further evidence but you've been
blown out

Shouldn't you be trying to beat your record and go for 9 times without dying?

My wrong what?

Sorry, I should have looked at the ID's. Fuck me for being retarded and blind.

Bless his heart, he must be getting excited because someone disagreed with him.

2 for 2

I type in the dark. I can't see shit and I'm not wearing my glasses.

I get the feeling we're both having too much fun.

Not all of us have good vision. Excuse me for not being able to see well.

Nigger shut your autist ass up

I also think that Medusa spawn from where you're facing, so if you turn around they'll start spawning from the "back". It's been a long time since I played it but that sounds like something that was true. Eitherway it was annoying to deal with and with minimal sense of satisfaction.

Instead of resorting to name calling and giving me shit about a typo either refute my argument or post a smug anime girl.

It's true, medusa do spawn from where you're facing… Sage for almost double post.

You are not needed, let us autist have our fun.

The boss that I had the hardest time with was the Alpha from the third Megaman Battlenetwork game. I spent about 18 hours in game trying to beat it.

Many players do stuggle with that one.

Though for me the hardest boss is The Four kings on NG+ Sometimes five total will spawn if you go too slowly.

Kung Fu Strike, Level 24(Final Round).
The literal meaning of bullshit. You face a previous boss twice at once, with a stronger moveset and higher damage/health bars. They can both attack you at the same time, and use combos that are impossible to block/dodge at the same time so you need to watch your positioning and work on one guy while the other is knocked down. Once you defeat one, the other gains a new moveset that basically oneshots you if you ever gets hit.

you jumped into KH playing literally the hardest boss in the game at the time

of course it would have been difficult, but it really isn't that bad.

Beaten it over 100 times now but still

Felt damn worth defeating.

Mike Tyson beat the shit outta me too.

GENOCIDE CUT-TA!

/thread

when did kc green go full cuck?

The fucking rage Ive poured into that game.

Fuck Mundus… Nightmare whooped my ass once or twice my first play through. If you werent strategizing on your moves and hoarding items, DMC bosses could be impossible.

Mine might be pic related

Rugal confirmed for best SNK Boss

Gameplay was still intact.
the localisation just sucked ass

Aren't you forgetting that fucker with the guitar that summons water golems that arbitrarily give you a game over?

He might just be the hardest I've ever had to fight, it's hard to say, but I do know he was the most satisfying victory I've ever felt. It was honestly like having a dry orgasm.

It was on Critical mode, though I did handicap myself by grinding up to 99 and using DP.

I had more issues with Data Roxas than Data Xemnas, but I agree he was still a bitch.

Demyx has the most punch-able face in existence.

He can be frustrating, but he isn't all that hard. I had more issues with Luxord's minigames and eventually settled for cheesing them since they were so shitty.

GET GUD FAGGOTS

How is your life going now user ?

this, supreme jeh'oul, I fucking suck at video games.
Just look at my death count. I honestly want to die because I have such blatant, inherent lack of skill and regardless of how much I re-play the same thing over and over again I will never make any significant learning progress

use a real strategy u noob

mediocre but fine

i don't have depression.

but i do recognise that i am a drain on humanity and should kill myself for entirely pragmatic, socially conscious reasons.

the world would objectively be a better place without me in it.

you are me.

nz is the worst

fags

GREEN IS THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE

I really disliked Wings of Vi. I don't know why but I "enjoyed" Boshi more, even if Boshi is mostly a buggy piece of shit.

P- go for a PERFECT!

Not a hard boss, unless you want the FUCKING GEM!

The rance rts games have some of the most bullshit battles and requirements in general if you care about seeing all the content. 2nd playthrough on both games I caved and used cheat engine, but iirc Kichikuou doesn't even make that easy as you'll have to find the values for things over and over as they change quite often.

okay now that i think about, i probably am depressed

i shouldn't have thought about it.

surely boshi or iwbtg are much, much harder than wings of vi, perhaps those two aren't even comparable (to wings of vi) in terms of difficulty?

Go forth into my light human ! I will cure you as I have all creatures on your pitiful rock planet, just step outside and bask in my glory !

Sounds like otara

Mundus is one of the easiest bosses in the game, not to mention you'll be fully powered by that point. You just had a bad day or suck.

Nightmare v.2 was only hard because of the camera was so tight.

Try it again. I just played this for the first time last year and it was one of the easiest games I've ever played. Surprised actually.

i don't know why i struggled with this so much, i got S ranks on all the other bosses, this guy just fucked me something fierce for liek 2 hours straight

Doc Quick never fails to push my shit in sideways.

Megaman and Bass is a hard game in general actually.

Ebrietas isn't even the hardest boss in Bloodborne.

nigger needs to learn how to paint

Fuck this motherfucker forever
Offline because servers are gone forever.

It really does work.
The problem is, I live in Moscow, so sun&green is there only for like 4 months tops, if not less.
Other times it's all completely grey, dull and with short days.
When the sun shines on me, my spirits are ALWAYS lifted, while I always feel at least a bit down when there is no sun. But you don't see a sun most of the fucking year at all.

I thought the Russian prescribed medicine for depression is squatting and drinking vodka

ephinea.pioneer2.net/

I kept dying at the last part so I eventually paused the screen, looked at what was coming, thought what to press, resumed and pressed the buttons, paused the screen again and so on
With this strategy got it in my first try
I have no regrets.

I don't drink :^(

Either Nyx or Ornstein and Smough.
Nyx mainly because I was underlevelled and didn't grab any rings that make my party immune to their weaknesses. After that, it wasn't too hard. Ornstein and Smough was mainly frustrating because of Ornstein always targeting your blind spots or hitting through the pillars. Surprised that I ended up getting his armour in the end. Never struggled with Dark Souls ever again because of it.

Abyssion from Tales of Symphonia was the hardest cunt I've ever fought.
And I'm sure there's some other bullshit I'm forgetting.

I'd say Vi is harder than IWBTG because it's a bit more "complex" for lack of a better term. In IWBTG you can move left and right, jump twice, and shoot. All challenges are intelligent use of those things. In Vi you can jump then double jump (once you get that), or walk off things and doublejump twice, and dash like Megaman. Plus you use melee attacks for a lot of stuff, instead of only shooting.

Ballos.

Mostly due to the save point being before the dungeon, so it took me a while to learn his patterns.

FUCK YOU DEMON WORSHIPPING FUCKER
HOW DO YOU STUN MY DRAGONS WITH FUCKING PEASANTS

Gitgud you commie. If you do nothing you're getting nothing as it should be.

I never beat this game because I could never kill the final boss.