Saturday horror thread

It's Saturday, the old one got bump-locked and we're close to Spookyween, let's get a nice horror thread going!

Recommended games for this Halloween.

Mad Father
Yomawari's Night Alone
Dead Space 1
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill 4
The Void
Parasite Eve
Vampires Countdown
Glass Rose

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!vFsH0QoR!ws3YLaXCQTGgMIHIMFtv-7tDnRV7Zortikd6jlzwBdE
store.steampowered.com/app/477870?snr=1_41_4__42
ruleofrose.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Rose_Wiki
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/Resident_Evil_(Disc_1)/66321
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/Resident_Evil_(Disc_2)/178765
mega.co.nz/#!MZVmxQ4Y!82E30HJkBnOiBNCNDY6UP6ryMLx4UCpvLYD6PyBCVo4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ng72snjGLCU
my.mixtape.moe/lctaat.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=rba_9cbTfIQ
re4hd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And a little contribution as well that I posted last thread.

For those playing Yomawari's Night alone with a DS4. I made a small Playstation button mod and a small mod to the NISA logo. Put that shit in the data folder inside the game folder.

Download: mega.nz/#!vFsH0QoR!ws3YLaXCQTGgMIHIMFtv-7tDnRV7Zortikd6jlzwBdE

Finished Jill's scenario in REmake, that was a blast. Don't know whether I want to play Chris' scenario, Corpse Party, or Dreadout though.
I think it's slowly making a comeback, it at least wants to appeal to niche audiences instead of trying to appeal to a "wider audience" like last gen.
Conflicted, I don't mind them but I sort of enjoy the way the Silent Hill games used both fixed camera angles inside interiors, along with a 3D camera when you're outside.
Watching horror films I guess. Loved The Thing by John Carpenter, though I'm not entirely hooked on The Exorcist, maybe I'll try to finish it up.
There's RE7 and REmake 2, but other than that I don't know. I can't think of any upcoming horror films I want to see since the mainstream stuff like Rings look kind of bad, and I don't pay attention to indie horror.
Slow burns are great, especially when they devolve into pure chaos. I still feel like things should happen though, even if they're in the background.
It goes without saying, but psychological. I absolutely hate jump scares.

boo

Deadspace has forever ruined jumpscares

Ain't that the truth? Every jumpscare is ear-rape inducing since Dead Space.

Too bad Yomawari's bugged to hell. Works only on my notebook, and only then crashes when I try to save. Thanks NISA.

Are there even horror games without jumpscares nowadays?

I can't recommend Sweet Home enough. Not only a great 8 bit famicom title, but honestly one of the best horror games I've ever played.

Fuck, user

Don't scare me like that

I sent that to all my friends and we were stumped only to find out that it was from fucking radiohead's instagram. Now that's shame. I felt it. I felt it deep.

Shit taste all around.

Dark Souls 3. Not exactly the scariest game, but it's got a nice, spooky atmosphere to it.
Goddamn I hope.
Hell no. It feels stifling compared to having a free camera to move around.
Ask out the qt Aryan I work with. If she says no, play vidya games with some bros.
Outlast 2. Demo was fucking awesome.
Slow burn all day.
Psychological all day son.

Cry of Fear is spooky as hell. Fuck the ladies with blades for hands and feet.

No thanks friend.

The answers are plain; if you know where to look.

DISTRAINT is one. Yomawari has a single jump-scare so far, Corpse Party has no jumpscares, Mad Father has probably 1 or 2 tops.

I still gotta play that. I never liked games where you have to manage a group with different abilities each a whole lot. Seems tedious.

Shit, I didn't know. I just see it posted every thread, I figured "Eh. Why stop now?"

How about a combination of both like Silent Hill?
You're awesome.

I'm not sure, but if it works it works I guess.
oh I know ;)

If you hate jumpscares in games and movies (as any sensible person would), enable Loudness Equalization in your sound settings. It will prevent jumpscares chords from destroying your eardrums and will actually make shit playable.

I love it, easily one of my top 5 horror games of all time.

There's honestly not a lot of jumpscares IMO.

Pewdiepie ruined Amnesia: The Dark Descent

It was a boring mess to begin with.

Well when I tried it, the beginning was all jump scares, like fnaf-tier ones. I googled to see if this trend continued and the results said yes, so I dropped it. I don't know if this was an early dev build or what.

Like enemies breaking through walls and shit? I wouldn't call that a jumpscare anymore than a dude breaching a door of a room you're in, in cowadooty is a "jumpscare".

Webm related is what basically constitutes a "jumpscare" in CoF.

Those characters look too fucking goofy for a horror game, but I'll try playing it.
Forgot about that one.
That's what I hate about games, I don't care about the numbers, just having a single cheap attempt at scaring the player makes me lose interest in the game. I want more games like STALKER, where, despite being death incarnate, you crouch and crawl, checking every corner and shitting your pants with each sound, except more horror themed, not some script-fest.

Nice, I didn't know about that. Does it affect quiet noises or only louder ones?

So it's like another FEAR game basically?

I get scared when entering abandoned vaults in fallout NV.
Being a little bitch is hard.

How is Fear:PM?

Scarier than FEAR, since the "scares" are enemies and not just scripted set-pieces, and you aren't a genetically engineered incest babby supersoldier chronomancer.

As long as you're a good shot and play methodically, enemies go down fast with headshots.

How fun is Project Zero 2? Will it make me shit myself or is it easy to play?

STALKER has the potential to being a terrifying game, but the 2 or 3 creepy places that you gotta into compared to the rest of the game that is nonstop action with some exploration, I never am in the mood, plus I never found the mutants that scary, just funny looking.

Both FEAR expansions are shit-tier IMO.

FEAR>FEAR2>>>>FEAR3=PM=EP

That's saying a lot right there.

Bullshit, both expansions are good.

I am ready for your bullying

I never found FEAR scary, outside of precisely one moment during my very first playthrough where you're going through a vent/tunnel and Alma comes crawling at you on her hands at feet. As soon as you realize that none of the "scary" things can kill you, all tension goes out the window.

It's like playing through Amnesia/Outlast and realizing 90% of the noises/glimpses of enemies in the game are scripted set-pieces, and no danger to you, and you can just throw stealth out the window and sprint from point to point giving zero fucks.

You deserve to be bullied, user.

The original FEAR had much repetition in it's level design, most of it being offices, which I did not mind much even if it was a bit bland.

I still found them fun to fight, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

The story in the original FEAR wasn't that interesting either, they had to do what the could with "boo spooky girl"

yes, good

It affects all noises. Like the name implies, it makes the loudness "equal." Louder noises will go down in volume immediately and softer noises will go up in volume as well. 3D audio is mostly unaffected, but it depends on the game. Thief for example is pretty much unaffected save for the loudness equalization. Give it a shot.

It makes me wish the scary scenes in FEAR or Outlast werent scipted. I can only imagine how scarier they'd be, especially if the nightmare scenes in FEAR were more like the Otherworld segments in Silent Hill.

FEAR really sounds like a product of its time, where they had to make the most of what they had.

I was surprised, before playing FEAR i had heard high praise of it, when I played it many things stood out to me for being average at best, yet the gameplay itself made up for every gripe I had.

But unraveling the story as you went along, especially listening to all of the phone messages was fantastic, and had me genuinely interested in the story (which was a rarity for shooters at the time).

The gunplay was good, and that helps, but playing PM and EP right after you play FEAR is boring as fuck. It's like going from Far Cry 3 to 4, which is functionally the same fucking game so the burnout from one carries over to the other.

They did a pretty good job refining the scares in FEAR 2. The school in particular is awesome, and the failed harbinger candidates are nothing if not unsettling.

The story was good, not to say it was bad, but it did not really capture me, what did get me though was the gunplay which I loved, and the 2 expansions had more of that, it was more of the same, and for many that's an understandable complaint, but for me, is just what I wanted.

More of the same with a modicum of effort is better than worse, don't be stupid.

Yeah, no, I remember opening doors and getting a literal screamer in my face.

FEAR 2 and 3 freshened things up, and provide very different experiences. PM and EP are just inferior expansions on the first game which was already fine as-is. If you finished FEAR and wanted more of the same (and by same I really do mean same), I'm sure you enjoyed them.

Would you prefer enemies to be laid out in long, well-lit corridors so that you can see them well in advance, or to knock and announce their presence so you don't get slightly startled when stumbling upon one behind a door?

I don't know why but the fact that he carries his gun on the left hand and the phone on the right just triggers my shit, it feels…wrong.

He is talking about the one at the very beginning of the game, it is a fucking jumpscare. Are you seriously argueing it isnt? You can like the game but dont lie about shit

It makes sense in the context of the dual-wield system, as M1 uses what's in your left hand, and M2 uses what's in your right.

I'm saying that the entire game isn't full of jumpscares, unless your definition of jumpscare is every enemy that doesn't announce themselves and mildly startles you.

Don't open that can of worms, user

Life is suffering

Honestly, the only game that induced fear in me was when I would log onto Rust late at night and I heard someone picking through my ill-designed base. Knowing you're the only one available to defend against 3-5 dudes intent on taking all your shit is pretty exhilarating. Other than that DS1 was my only scary game experience. DS2 was more polished but not nearly as much atmosphere. Alan Wake isn't scary in any way but definitely something someone who enjoys this genre would like.

As good a time as any to buy a nice big SSD :^)

Shit is fucking fast. I can't even read loading screen tips anymore.

This is not a dick measure contest, spoiler that shit.

It's fucking annoying, I've been looking forward to sitting at home drinking and watching scary movies during Halloween all month, they this shit happens.

I dont know why some games this generation are more inconvenient now than before and fail when you launch them.

Gameplay wise FEAR is well made, though I personally cant help but be bored by it for some reason.

I personally cant remember much of FEAR 2 besides the mech level, that was cool. Tempted to replay it.

user mine would be a raging 2 incher at this point. I can't even play most modern games on Medium anymore at a playable (60+) framerate.

But I sure can load them quickly :^)

All's not lost. Go to Staples and buy a dirt cheap replacement with the goy-tier extended warranty :^) to tide you over, and then just return it after your new HDD comes. Say your PC won't boot with it and act really frustrated and upset. They'll take it back.

Fuck Staples, by the way. Those fucking kikes sell refurbed hardware as new

The gunplay is pretty great in FEAR 2, but the difficulties are a bit uneven. Normal is way too easy, and Hard is several times harder than Extreme in FEAR 1, due to your medkit reserves being knocked down from 10 to 3, and most enemies are capable of killing you in a single burst.

It runs games just great, but it freezes to fuck when multitasking.

Anyone tried Mario: The music box? Seems interesting, but it's fucking Mario.

True horror. I'm sorry anons.

I guess it sounds cool that its a lot harder than the original, though enemies being able to kill you in a single burst sounds a little bullshit.

Also, is FEAR 3 really as bad as people say that it basically killed the series?

It's not too bad in the beginning, but the enemies are pretty bullet spongy (especially the tier 2 Repilica guys with white armor) and as you progress the game starts throwing more and more at you at once and it definitely goes from 'hard' to 'bullshit' pretty quickly.

FEAR 3 is basically the Fallout 3 of the series. It's not a very good FEAR game, but it's a pretty good shooter on its own, and it's an absolute blast with a friend in coop.

Thanks for informing me I can't take you seriously any longer.

yes

REmake HD
Nah, I would love a old school RE-like game but I don't see it happening
I like when the camera moves but only to let you see everything, not when it moves everywhere, like the first SH or Code: Veronica
Sitting home and playing videogames because where I live people doesn't celebrate
Games: RE7 (only to see how much they fuck up), REmake 2
Movies: Alien: Covenant
Slow
Psychological

Forgot to mention I just installed The Suffering and killed my first slayer, it looks really promising

The Suffering is pretty fun. Didn't suffer at all.

But if it wasn't in the right hand people might not understand the Condemned reference :^)

I find myself wanting to play a horror game set during the day in a foggy town/woods.

Do you guys have an idea for anything that should be easy to get working on a computer?

I can't deal with horror too well, but being unable to piece together a tragedy is always going to force me to keep playing.

I was going to get RE4 but then I found out it had QTE's; fuck QTE's why should I wear out my keyboard for mindless button mashing that could just as well be a normal cutscene.

Quite a few options

I think Fatal Frame V took place at night in some foggy woods but I can't say for certain, I haven't played it

heh

Resident Evil 2, Dreamcast version. Just finished Leon A, playing Claire B now. FMVs are a little slow to load on the second disc, this might be due to the CD-R for some random reason.
I would totally play D2 but I'm neither going to burn 8 CDs nor pay way too much for a real copy
I don't see it coming back in AAA at least. Nobody can market clunky controls and scarce resources to mass audiences. RE7 looks to be more like an adventure game with some combat segments than survival horror, or maybe that's just my jaded skepticism
Only if you have pre-rendered backgrounds. Otherwise, what's the point? Code Veronica did away with the pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed angles, and nobody hates it for that. Angles also only work with tank controls, but that's not too big of a problem. If the camera is out of the player's control to show a certain location, or keep you from seeing things too far in front of you, that's fine, but the camera doesn't have to be static for that (see Silent Hill 1)
Sit inside and keep playing Resident Evil 2. If I finish before then, I'll hop over to either Code Veronica or 3, haven't decided which yet.
None. I mostly play old games anyways to avoid hype traps
Keep an atmosphere is all I ask.
Mixture. Resi2 has multiple moments where glass breaks and enemies flood the room, which is kind of like a jumpscare, but it's not like it's out of place or annoying. For both, just don't flood the game with it, and keep it congruent with the rest of the game.

I understand the sentiment, but trust me on this one, resident evil 4's QTEs aren't bad enough to dismiss the extremely good level design and gameplay mechanics

Did you play the HD PC version? They tied the QTE's to the framerate, so it's almost impossible at 60 FPS to do any of them.

I just finished the first Clock Tower (the SNES one) on my 3DS and I enjoyed it.
I'm thinking on playing Corpse Party, should I play the 3DS version? is it good?

I play at steady 75fps and rarely failed QTEs. I've played the main mission about 4 times on the Ultimate HD version
Didn't notice a difference between the PC, gamecube, and wii versions either

On Hard? I can't get past the first damn boulder, and I swear this is harder than the torture scenes in MGS.

RE4 is one of the very few games with QTEs that aren't annoying and there aren't that many in the game either

What said and Stalker with mods, not really horror but pretty good still.

Yeah it's good, play it on 3ds or pc, it's the same

What do you guys think of SOMA? I was watching Vinny play it and I enjoyed the story, but not so much the spoop, being that it was based on ooga booga monsters rather than actual psychological horror.

I've played professional 2 of those times. Maybe I'm just really good and didn't notice

Going to play Berserk PS2, wat am I in for Holla Forums

Bad game design

Shadowman is for less that two bucks on steam.
It's more of a OoT with spooky atmosphere and some collect-a-ton elements that a classical survival horror.
It has great music, too.

It's a very nice-looking game but that's about the highest praise I can give it. I haven't particularly enjoyed any of Frictional's games and especially not their newest efforts, and SOMA's a bad offender when it comes to hide-and-seek horror.

Not that I'm even necessarily against a horror game being a game of hide and seek but I need a more novel concept going for it than "lol dude what actually makes u conscious amirite"

You mean PSP? Because the 3DS and PSP versions are the same, it's just the PC version thats completely different being much older than those verisions.

got interessed in this
store.steampowered.com/app/477870?snr=1_41_4__42

BUUUUT NISA game
anyone know if it has been censored?

I'm an idiot. What I played was the PSP version emulated on PC. Still in XSEED's tumblr it says the 3DS version has 4 exclusive chapters, so you should probably gget that one.

I know it's NISA but it really doesn't look that bad. Maybe you should give it a go but if you are planning to buy it, don't. Not because it's a bad game but because it doesn't work for a lot of people (check the steam forum). Pirate it first and see if it works on your pc.

Not really, it's only two years older, unless you're talking about the original PC-9801 version from '96.

Wrong.

The first game in the series was released in 1996 for the PC-9801. It was followed by two remakes: Corpse Party BloodCovered, which was released for Windows on March 8, 2008 and then came the PSP one in August 12, 2010.

The PC version we have is a translation of the first remake that released in 2008 for Windows, exclusively in Japanese.

Re-read your post. Disregard what I said in I suck cocks.

Wait, really? I thought it was older than that.

I just wonder what the 3DS version adds, since I hear the Steam release has exclusive content of its own.

Where's Ito poster?

This thread needs more spookposting.

It shows up when you don't expect it

I think I've chosen Turgor to play on the big day

Why would you post that?

Fatal Frame Xbox version
Kind of a bummer really it's far from being the ultimate edition of the game like some people told me it was, just the framerate is killing it for me, the game still pretty fucking fun though

Not anytime soon, AAA doesn't give a fuck about actual survival horror since gimped TPS sold as survival horror still work and now that they discovered the "lol u dont have a weapon" style you're probably gonna get years of that shit to
AA is mostly dead but there might be the occasional very good surprise that comes from such a studio.
Western independent is fucked, doujinfags still aren't quite there (2D can only get me so scarred) but at-least they don't just copypaste ADD.

Fully static is kinda meh unless you're playing an old pre-rendered background games or mimicking the style (and even then FF9 proves that you can have a limited on rails camera work with pre-rendered background).
On-rails camera (Fatal Frame, RECVX, SH1-4) is where it's at, limits your view just enough that it doesn't detract from gameplay but still adds that unknown.
FPS/TPS just leads to actionshit or the regular claustrophobic FoV / no light anywhere tricks because limited vision is an effective tool in building horror if you manage to not damage the gameplay too much with it (although limiting your ability to play can also help a game but that's a much more delicate balance).

Finishing my 100% run of Fatal Frame and AMcG Alice / Alice:MR if I'm done early Would play FF2 right after but I don't want to burn out like last time.

Nothing

Both are valid, I prefer slow burning because it leaves a lasting impression but punctuating with a few in your face moments isn't bad, just in your face though gets old after a single play-through.

Psychological, earraping dramatic music stings can get fucked

Better atmosphere than the first one, tweaked more arcadey gameplay.
You're pretty much forced to go for fatal frame shots (don't worry it's explained early on) because being behind the upgrade curve sucks dick even more than the first game and unlike the first game grinding without going for special shots isn't viable at all but other than that it's easier than the first one.
Prefer the Xbox version (it doesn't have the issues the FF1 port has) if you can PS2 otherwise (PS2force480p works on that game so use that if you want a sharper image with the PS2 version), Wii version is different and some people hate it if you wanna play it avoid the PAL version..

Speaking of FEAR, I'm gonna throw in a quick shilling for Underhell, this wonderful spiritual successor to it (with shades of Metal Gear Solid and possibly Silent Hill as well) that I've been shilling for in a few other Halloween threads over the last couple of weeks.

Chapter 2 never ever

Could never get Underhell to work, have tried multiple times. It always crashes at some point and then wipes all of my saves.

We both know it's been longer than the last couple of weeks

W-well yes but this year's Halloween threads haven't been going on for longer than the last couple of weeks.

Three years and almost two months. ;_;

Does Dreadout get even weirder than this? I expected a low budget Fatal Frame but I didn't expect this, or a mute main character.

You know nothing but porn can come from this question

Whats the second image from?

ruleofrose.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Rose_Wiki

I was curious as to why games like Amnesia and Outlast took off as horror games. Compared with more contemporary horror games, like resident evil and doom, system shock, etc. It never made sense to me why that style of horror took off.

Then I played Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Every horror game since its release feels like its trying to ape many of the mechanics and feelings that it evoked. Sanity and mental health is a feature of many newer horror titles, and much of the narrative and puzzle solving is quite identical to CoC.

The only notable absence from newer titles is weapons, which is widely considered as the weakest part of CoC. The start of CoC is indeed excellent at building a narrative, but many devs I believe looked at that and said "yes, this is what I want my entire game to be, an 8 hour chase sequence". It doesn't work well in practice.

Alien Isolation and RE7 seem to be getting closer to a good balance, but combat wasn't viable enough in Isolation to be fun. I also found the alien cheated me too often, to the point of just being unfair. It'll be interesting to see how RE7 handles it.

Gonna marathon Dead Space, been years since I played it.

I need a game that can run on a kinda crap PC and isn't usually recommended, since I've played most shit.

Can your PC at least emulate PS2 games?

I think its shit. It pales in comparison to Amnesia or deadly premonition. But that is mainly in the horror aspects in which its a fucking horror game

Story wise its a very good take on transhumanism, but that is all that it offers.

Anyway for the thread, what do you guys think about White Day and its sequels or remakes?

It's the opposite with me. I go in running around shooting gopniks, until all the sudden the world transitions into an underground creepyish area. I think nothing of it, until I hear a noise I never heard before and realize I haven't fought any action things before. The the screen starts shaking, which it has never done before. At that moment I know the rules have changed, that I'm totally out of my element and have no idea what the fuck is going to happen.

This stark change is what makes stalker scary to me, where as something like silent hill I shrug off because it's rather consistent all the way through.

before should be "in a while"

Post specs nigga.

What sort of games have a kind of slow burn horror, I've never heard of or seen a game with it.

It's pretty silly but you fellas should check out google's new halloween thingy

Maybe Scratches? I don't know really

Scratches was pretty great. Good recommendation. I know silent hill 2 and white day take awhile to get going, or have you wandering alone most of the time.

I want to hug that cat

fuck

Try Evil Within, it's not great but you have plenty of shooting

Extermination on the PS2 was a pretty neat game. I liked how you can see your character transform when the virus meter hit 100%.

There's Rule of Rose, but I found that to be more on the mind fuck side of things.

Try Darkness Within, now that's slow burn with Lovecraft inspiration; and I mean actual knowledge of Lovecraft beyond "Hurr durr Chthulu XD"

Condemned 2 was two hours of a fantastic game attached to six hours of irredeemable shit, that's even worse

Have you tried Nightmare House 2? It's basically FEAR but with zombie shooting.

Wait, what is this?!

I want to read more!

SpaceChem
If the storyline keeps being spooky I'll post more as soon as I beat this fucking level

Wait, so isn't normally spooky? Shit. Still, thanks user.

Isn't NH2 impossible to run now thanks to some SDK update bullshit?

There's an update to fix it that isn't too hard to setup. It's well worth it since it includes the very first nightmare house as well which is a blast.

I didn't expect spiders to be this cute.

Anyone know where I can grab the original REmake, not the recent rerelease?

I don't know, amazon? Why not the re-release?

I forgot how emotional this game got me

emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/Resident_Evil_(Disc_1)/66321
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/Resident_Evil_(Disc_2)/178765

Fuck spiders. Especially in REmake where little spiders sometimes come out.

It's available on GC and got ported to the Wii, maybe you can find a physical copy or you can just emulate it. But why don't you want the HD version, unless you just hate the huge filesize?

Your only options for the original version are the Gamecube or Wii versions.

Is there a torrent for The Void, it looks so damn good

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:af8d7da5736bc89fbc25d24f6d6ff690b9151459&
See if maybe this one works, should be DRM-free

The void is certainly one of the best games I've played.. the atmosphere and dialogue are insane

I still remember the first time I got in the outside world, I actually took the time to walk slowly and just look at it because of the contrast it made from all the rest (when you could look at it as a boring section where you just walk)
…or the enticing whispers of the color

if there was a transcript of all the dialogue of this game I'd love to have it

yes, there is

The opening is cancer and anyone that recommends the game needs to point it out. The rest of the game is pretty good, barring the hilariously bad voice acting and a few strangely designed areas.

No, it's more like an FPS silent hill.

Looks like it works, thanks bro, I checked rutracker and didn't get anything.

I've had the 2008 version installed for a while but never got around to replaying it to see the differences. Ruskies make such a big deal about the American version being dumbed down that I wanted to see for myself. So far it actually seems like the few mechanics that were cut will make the game easier, and the only dialogue differences I've noticed so far just make it clearer that the chambers are being constructed from Mutey's memories.

If the afterlife is as beautiful and terrifying as it seems to be in the Void, I don't know if I should be comforted or scared
>I will give you the power to control time…
>Drop by drop, that's how life slips away…

The suffering is an awesome game that is the perfect answer to: "wat horror game do I play now since I played them all". Be it in first or third person the game is excellent.

as far as I know it was re-released because the original translation weren't that great.. could be wrong though

Oh shit, Turog. Good taste, anos. Also, don´t forget Pathologic (a.k.a. Mor-Utopia), this has to be one of my favorites when it comes to mixed genres games.

btw, I recently uploaded it to MEGA for anyone who wants to give it a try. It´s the Classic HD version of the game. mega.co.nz/#!MZVmxQ4Y!82E30HJkBnOiBNCNDY6UP6ryMLx4UCpvLYD6PyBCVo4

As far as I know the original wasn't translated at all, but I could be wrong too. Voices of Color was mostly about rebalancing the gameplay and polishing up the graphics.

Probably my favorite game, no offense to Turgor

I dont know, you fucking cocksmokers, maybe because I want to play stuff in release order? Jesus Christ who let these fucking infants on Holla Forums.

IIRC The Suffering has really weird problems with the sound stuttering and shit

So then you want to play the PS1 original? Because REmake is basically the same game on all platforms.

So you want to play the same game twice? Ok, go ahead.

I already played the original. I want to play the first edition of the remake.

I know this may be a hard thing for you underage pieces of fucking garbage to understand but not everyone is a graphics whore piece of shit obsessed with "HD" rereleases. I hope ISIS reaches you turds somehow.

Condemned 2 was really fucking good until after the bear when they clearly said "fuck it" and turned it into a shitty call of duty clone and made screaming like a retard part of the game.

They're the same exact game, the HD versions just run at higher resolutions which is good if you don't have a CRT lying around or hate shelling out more for a physical copy. I don't get why you're trying to start shit.

The margin between REmake and its remaster is razor-thin, and most people prefer the original. Remaster is just the same pre-rendered backgrounds from REmake upscaled and passed through a sharpen filter, then cropped to 16:9. Calm the fuck down, you clearly don't know a whole lot about the game and are lashing out at people trying to help you out.

I think the exploding baby dolls and broadsword fights were already a good indication of when the team said "fuck it"

Ok, well first you're going to have to forget REmake and find a NES from somewhere to play Sweet Home, because that's technically the first game in the series, while Resident Evil 1 on PS1 was the remake.

Are you retarded? There's no need to play every single version of a game that's ever been released. Just choose a version and play it you autistic shit.

Then fucking emulate it.

Happy early halloween

Those parts were shitty and weird and I'm not denying that, but it still managed to be spooky and enjoyable enough to keep playing.
Then after the bear there wasn't even any weird shit anymore (besides the fucking retarded literal screaming match at the end of course) and it felt like a generic FPS for the rest of the game.
It could have been an excellent sequel if they had have just kept their shit together for the final quarter of the game.

It really doesn't feel like Halloween where I'm at. Barely anyone has their Halloween decorations out, and its sad.

Same here man.
It doesn't even feel like fall where I'm at.
It's more like late summer.

Then go get it yourself you ungrateful little shit.

Wonderful, now we have normalfags on here.

Yes but are the textures and animations absolutely 100% IDENTICAL or not?

You're a real cunt m8.

>>>/reddit/

Good luck getting an answer to your questions by acting like a huge piece of shit.

Just filter and ignore him

Sorry, did I trigger you?

Is tumblr down or something? Where are these cucks coming from?

It's a shame, because Halloween is probably one of the most enjoyable holidays out there. It's fun being scared, checking out how some people beautifully decorated their houses, and wearing costumes.

Might as well. It isn't even like REmaster is a bad game like Silent Hill HD Collection, I don't get where he's coming from.

The only reason I remembered Halloween is tomorrow is because some old lady near where I live put out some shitty witch balloon on her porch this morning.
Nobody else seems to be doing shit.
I guess this is what happens when Halloween falls on a Monday.

If only every Halloween could be on the weekend. Or at least close to it.

Cry of Fear is a pretty cool game but I thought the story sucked and that they should have gone with something more cryptic and minimalist like their previous mod Afraid of Monsters.

Speaking of which, play Afraid of Monsters directors cut. Its really good and impressive since it was made when the lead dev was in his teens.

any good Co-op horror experiences

In the country where I live halloween is pretty much like any other day and people who celebrate it are called idiots, even kids wearing costumes and asking for candy. It's not fun allowed: the day.

Dude, relax. Shit, you're trying too damn hard. Go play REmake and chill bro, it's almost Halloween.

To be fair there's no denying you see a lot of idiots on Halloween.
Which country?

On a similar note, most of the "HD textures" in the Ultimate HD Edition of RE4 are just the original textures with extra filtering

Over here shops skipped it entirely to put up Christmas paraphernalia. I couldn't even pretend to buy the usual bags of candy for the potential kids to come. I think no one will this year.

Honestly, fuck Christmas. Not only does it appear way before its time, you hear the same annoying songs and Christmas shopping is a pain in the ass.

I ASKED A FUCKING QUESTION

Or worse yet, you hear shitty modernized remixes of those songs.
I can only take so many versions of fucking Jingle Bells before I lose my mind and have to get the fuck out of the area.

I hope "blogposting faggot" is enough of a description for the mods to come here and ban your normalfag ass.

HEY BRO WANNA PLAY THE NEWEST COCKS OF DODDY AND DRINK SOME BREWSKIS xDDDD

fuck off back to facebitch you cunt nigger jew

Played it on a ps2 with no issues whatsoever, never touched the pc port.

The PS2 version was definitely the best, even if marginally.

It honestly doesn't matter since the issues are quite minimal.

Speaking of Condemned, have there been any other horror games that have a similar atmosphere of being in a ghetto surrounded by junkies and homeless people, or is it pretty unique in that aspect?
I find junkies and bums way more terrifying than distorted face monster #371.

Only game that comes to mind is max payne and that isnt anywhere close to horror.
Inb4 the dream sequences

Max Payne 1 & 2 deal more with mobsters and gang members than insane homeless junkies though.
I haven't played the third one, so I can't really judge it accurately.

I guess there's BioShock where you're fighting crazed junkies, but that's stretching it pretty thin. Otherwise no, there's only one hobo fighting simulator.

The sequel to the suffering had a LOT that. But it was so meh, shit aint even worth it.

Plus Bioshock isn't scary.

Was the first Suffering pretty great?
It's been in my backlog for awhile now and I keep meaning to play it.

answer me
answer me
answer me
answer me
answer me
answer me

Yes. It was unexpectedly great. It's very much an action game but it feels survival horror-like simultaneously. And you're never OP enough to feel invincible. It also has a really good story and atmosphere. Great for Halloween game.

Looks like I've got something to do tonight.

Gregory Horror show can finally be emulated on PCSX2 with only minor VA issues. I always really liked the show and was pretty excited to play the game. It's a neat stealth/voyeur horror type thing where you have to try and steal back lost souls so Death will help you escape from Hotel California.

Also playing Kuon, a game by FromSoftware where you play as a member of a diviner squad sent in to find out how the situation at this mansion got so far out of hand. It's a little rough around the edges but the magic is pretty good, monsters are properly grotesque, and there are some real nice jumpscares peppered around.

For Holloween I'm going to watch Mr.Vampire with my little brothers. Been a while since I've seen it but I remember it's a super cool comedy horror film.

Probably dodged a bullet. I've been playing for 40 minutes and I can't stand it, nothing but trial and error. Only good thing I can say is that the hiding mechanic is real neat for how simple it is.

Obscure 1 and 2, though they aren't great they're among all that comes to mind. There's the system shock 2 multiplayer co-op which is pretty great too. But the best is easily resident evil outbreak file 1 and 2. It's ps1 early ps2 era resident evil, but with graphics similar to re-make, and 4p online co-op. Look up how to play file 1 and file 2 online, it's rather easy and the best co-op spooky gam I've played yet. Is ps2 game.

Jesus christ calm down

Yes, the textures and animations are 100% identical. REmake worked the same way early RE did, it's just 3D models superimposed against a 2D background, and in the remaster it's the same models, same background, same animations, just upscaled, I think I already mentioned how they upscaled the backgrounds. Slightly different lighting engine, that's it.

Don't feed the troll.

Are you ok? Are you well? Should we call someone?

Is Spooky's House of Jumpscares any good?
Obviously it has fucking jumpscares, but I've heard it has some actual creepy bits in it.

Is Alan Wake worth getting? I ignored it back then but I'm now willing to get it now. Should I go for it?

Yeah I've seen some footage of it and things really escalate from cutesy lame things when you get further in the game

For a free game it's fine if you want to kill some time.

It's not terribly scary, but its a decent shooter. Plus its very well optimized on PC.

Those jumpscares are pretty good if that's what you're looking for. But I thought the game was spookiest in the early game with all the cardboard cutouts. Late game stuff tries way too hard to be edgy, but the very end of the game gets pretty good again. The purpose of the game is to get lulled into a false sense of security by the repition but there are maybe 50 spooky "floors" out of 1000.

I thought Alan Wake was a really good game but not particularly scary. The combat feels good, the town looks good, the story is pretty interesting, but it does try and pass off the havok physics engine as the main antagonist of the game. Really should get it if its reasonably cheap. The DLC where you're playing the author in the dark dimension and can warp reality by focusing on the words scatterd around the world is really worth it too.

I always thought it was something along the lines of Until Dawn, I didn't realise it actually had gameplay.

Ive only played a little bit of alan wake but its gameplay is like resident evil 4. Maybe it changes later on

Can't blame you for that impression, the trailer they have on Steam barely shows any gameplay.

It's not really like RE4, it's kinda hard to describe it even though its a TPS.

My problem with Yomawari is just how slow it is and the useless stamina bar. What's the point of having it when it automagically goes down when you get spooked? Why even have a stamina bar at all? I fucking hate stamina bars. Also, Yoma walks too slow, a slightly faster walk cycle would have done wonders for the game, it feels like I'm walking on molasses all the time.

That's really frustrating too and the only possible explination is that 100% invisible monsters need you to slow the game down a bit so players don't just run headfirst into game overs by accident. Even though you move at a snails pace and I do my best sweeping my flashlight back and forth I get real close to bumping those walking guys but especially the fast fire monsters.

Currently installing some mods and a minecraft map. Not really horror but horror themed.
Only when someone dares to actually try good ideas.
Static camera angles in some areas. People anticipate the jumpscare and it creeps the shit out of them. Anxiety is good.
Play said minecraft map and cry because it will never be the game I want it to be.
I'm kinda hoping someone will make an evil dead 1 and 2 survival where literally anything could fuck with you but that doesn't mean it will necessarily happen.
Both
Both. Abusing jumpscares is cheap and lazy though. I'd rather give the player an "OHSHITIWANTTOGETOUTTAHEREBEFORESOMETHINGREALLYSPOOKYHAPPENS"

Oh, and death scenes. Instead of abusing gore make the player feel scared about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ng72snjGLCU

Damn fucking straight. Those are always fucking awesome.

Jet addicted hobos in Fallout 2 weren't even scary.

What issues did the FF1 port have?

In no particular order of importance

And for the gameplay part
Just as a small example you can easily get a 7-9k points zero shot on the earliest ghost in the game on your first playthrough in the XBOX version whereas on the PS2 version you probably won't break the 4k barrier, a bad player on the other hand will go at best for regular fully charged shots and those are worth about the same amount on both version but the prices for upgrades went up by quite a bit so basically if you play bad you get fucked even harder if you play good you have a fully upgraded camera by mid-night 2 and everything is laughably easy

Also a bunch of other things that aren't exactly bad or good
>a few ghosts have been nerfed other buffed and a few zero shot windows have changed SPOILER: the ones that got buffed are the ones that already were a pain in the ass to begin with for the most part
>Code doors got localized might have already been in a few later PS2 revisions though

Can we post horror movies now?

Of course. Horror movies are welcome too.

Speaking of horror. Anyone watching Season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead? It's pretty nice.

Well I've already beat the PS2 version long ago, so might as well just try the Xbox for the hell of it.

Native 480p and the goddamn hdd as opposed to basically dedicating an entire ps2 memory card to one game sounded too good to pass up.

Don't get me wrong it's mostly small nitpicking and like you said other things make up for it, and even off the DVD the loadtimes are way less terrible than the PS2 version (6-30 minutes less in a playthrough depending on how long you take).
Emulated PS2 version still is the best version for pure gameplay because no framerate issues and no loadtimes either, although you do have to have an Nvidia card to avoid any issues

So the PS2 emulation of FF is glitchless? My OCD acts up like crazy with the smallest technical problems.

What about FF2 and 3?

It theoretically should be, I've seen a few people complain about the doorstuck bug and hell mouth hardlock but those are already present on real hardware, I already completed it but that was back when SW mode was mandatory to target ghosts so things might have regressed, I'm also in the middle of a new playthrough with the most recent version and I haven't seen anything yet that triggers my autism.

I know some guy made an LP of all three PS2 games using PCSX2 so in theory they should all work fine but he used SW mode so it kinda ruins the point of emulating to begin with.

On top of that FF2 is compatible with ps2force480p which is a small utility that patches your .iso automatically to make games run in 480p, it doesn't work often but FF2 does work (FF1 doesn't though, dunno about FF3).

Oh shit I forgot that was a show. I never watched it, is it good? I'm a yuge fan of ED2.
Only thing that i remember from those teasers was
And that got me pretty good

Is that Michigan Report from Hell game any good ? A game about Ghost Hunting shows has been on my mind for a while but looks like this is the closest I'll get.

Depends on your definition of good. It's campy as hell.

I might try it for curiosity alone. Has there been any spooky horror game about Ghost Hunting, trying to survive the night in different locations ?

Why do you fucks even care about Halloween? Adults are quite literally barred from celebrating it outside of normalfag costume parties which is entirely situational.

No Fun Allowed: The Post

Funny, I don't see anyone trying to stop me celebrating Halloween by playing horror games.

No man, have fun. I'm just saying I don't get it. Adults who aren't normalfags can't enjoy halloween in any way I'm aware of

And to show my goodwill, I'm currently playing UnderHell

Its a holiday thats spooky, corny, cute, and fun. Whats not to love?

I just like horror games, man. Halloween gives me a good opportunity to binge on them and/or play ones that I've missed.

But dude, you don't even get a day off on Halloween

this poster is a grumpy skeleton jelly of fleshies stealing his spooky fun

Playing Revelations 2 right now, and I've got mixed feelings on this.

Raid mode is actually pretty fun (I wasn't a big fan of it in Revelations 1), and revisiting RE6's levels in a non-shit game is awesome.

Campaign wise, I'm on part 2 currently and eh, the partner swapping thing just isn't working for me. Hiding ammo all over the level and requiring you to swap to your partner to "reveal" by scouring every room with the magic item revealing light/finger is pretty obnoxious since Natalia and SJWcunt regenerate health, but Barry/Claire don't, and with the AI as awful as it is, it's not safe to ever swap to them until you've 100% cleared an area since the "main" character will just stand there with their back to enemies getting mauled and doing nothing. It's funny how people complained about Sheva's AI being bad, but she's a fucking MLG Pro compared to what we're dealing with in Rev2.

The "dodge" function seems largely useless as well, since it doesn't appear to provide any i-frames and most hard enemies that you actually would want to dodge have extremely fast attacks with next to no wind-up sort of like the more annoying BB/DaS3 enemies.

I don't know if I'm just bad at this, or if it's just insanely hard (and I'm fucking playing on Normal) compared to every other game in the series. I've blazed through RE4 on Pro many times using nothing but the knife+kick for large swathes of the game, but here the knife doesn't appear to hitstun enemies when hitting their face or legs, and the punches very rarely stagger multiple enemies so you're probably going to eat a hit or two if you punch an enemy in a group.

I'm playing Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut right now and I'm was gladly surprised at how it runs so good on PC (with a widescreen and a 60fps patch). Is the 3 that smooth too on PC or should I go with emulation ?

Have only played the OG Xbox version of SH2, but SH3 on the PC runs fine at 60fps.

Could if I could find any more horror movies on youtube, looks like most of them are pay-per-view.

Are there any good horror TV shows anymore? Stranger Things was alright, the latest season of American Horror Story was just as abysmal as the previous four. I can't just keep watching Twin Peaks over and over again.

SH3 PC version is the best of the lot, runs at 60fps naturally and just needs some .ini editing to bring it up to a higher resolution

You guys miss me?

New? No.

There's still Tales from the Crypt if you haven't seen all of them by now.

I was playing Thumper, now I am going to emulate REmake for the first time to celebrate Hallows Eve.
Anything I should know before I jump in?
Unlikely, given the current state of the industry
If the devs can make good shots and work well with the artist, static.
Going to sit here and play video games. I tried going to the American embassy, where they're holding a Halloween event, but apparently I'm too old.
Nothing tbh.
Slow burn.
Psychological all the way.

RIP Swery

Yes.

I have a new waifu(s)

Is there a chart or something of the sort for horror games? The thread posts are too over the place for me to get a good idea as to which games are recommended

I still need to play that game eventually

I finished it today, the SJW bitch almost made me quit because an utterly unlikable character and whoever thought that having every other word come out of her mouth be a swear needs hanging. She's like a walking tumblr stereotype, which is a shame because the game itself is actually pretty decent.
Also, the dodge ability and melee abilities can be improved on at the end of chapters by using the BP you get during the stage. I think you can also get your partner character to attack enemies in the BP menu as well, but I think they only do something like 10% of the damage they normally would with you controlling them.

It's out of date but eh

Thanks fam
How good is Pathologic?

I've started upgrading those skills, but I haven't noticed a difference in dodge effectiveness, and I'm not convinced the "momentary invulnerability when crouching" skill even does anything, as I've maxed it out and sat there testing that shit for 20 minutes and could never get it to work against one of the big giga-nigger bondage afflicted.

Good, however it's text heavy so you won't like it if you don't like reading

It's pretty good as long as you're expecting more Ash being a goof ball and killing deadites. It really doesn't get any deeper than that.

My problem with the game is that characters need to JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Yap yap yap, talk talk talk. Just!

Anyone has the chart of how install Silent Hill 2 and 3 in PC?

Right here friendo.

Any special Trickery for SH1?

Oh and I forgot. The xpadder profiles are ded, so I uploaded them for you.

my.mixtape.moe/lctaat.7z

Also, embed related for those looking for a simple, free game to play.

Silent Hill 1 is PS1 only. Use Retroarch/Mednafen and just play it, or psX 1.13 if you have a potato. Using a PBP instead of ISO is recommended since you won't risk getting a bad dump (psX won't accept PBPs, only Retroarch and shit sauce ePSXe). Do not play the Yurofag version, it's slightly censored. Play the NTSC one.

I think it's the distance that increases for the dodge, it tends to work better for the less powerful enemies, for the bigger ones it works when there's already a bit of distance between you. You're probably right about the crouch vulnerability though, I never noticed a difference with it on.

My problem with her is that every other word is either fuck or shit, she reminds me of that pig-faced elf from cisquisition.
In fact she looks like her as well. Take a look at Moiras face when she's using the radio at the end of Claires section on episode one and tell me she doesn't look like that elf bitch in the .webm. You know the .webm I'm talking about

Fuck user, you're right. It's uncanny. Doesn't help that my auntie's name is Moira. Feels weird.

Gotta wonder if Moira has developing issues and her mind stayed at 14 years old.

Just played a few hours of Paranoia. Holy fuck, I know that Slav games are bound to be buggy, but this thing crashes every 30 minutes.

Whelp I finally finished RE6 and feel nothing but frustration. Like there are parts of this game that are legitimately good the controls and gunplay feel really tight and when the level design isn't shitting the bead CONSTANTLY with QTE cinematic bullshit or just plain obnoxious enemies then I actually have fun with it. The only campaign I legitimately enjoyed was Ada's and that was because it was the only campaign that tried slightly to be a legitimate horror game, that and I got to stare at Ada's ass which was pretty great. Overall the other three campaigns just feel shitty Leon is raccoon city mixed with one of the worst iterations of the cabin sequence I have ever seen, an okay boss fight, and the stupid nonsense that is Simmons oh and Helena is a completely pointless character who offers nothing to the plot. Chris is generic as all fuck but at least it sort of gets slightly better towards the end but not really. What the fuck is the point of Jake's existence when you've got Sherry and her G-virus antibodies?

You know what why did Capcom decide that RE needs all of these new characters to tag along with the old ones in RE6 seriously basically all of the new editions are more or less pointless and all of them get killed off except for Jake and Helena.

This is the last time I ever assume that some youtube reviewer has taste. Anyone who argues that RE6 is legitimately good is fucking full of it

Fuck this game makes me so upset, is the Evil Within a good horror action game. I just want some decent level design, god dammit.

You using W10? Goldsrc doesn't like it very much.

Windows 7, but they recently brought out the game as a standalone. Maybe that's causing the issue.

Thanks

It isnt what I would call a great horror action game if you were hoping for a repeat of RE4 or REmake, but it has its moments.

I just want something with decent mechanics and good level design. It looks like TEW is less about controlling the flow of enemies using the level and more about stealth which sort of sucks but as long as the levels are decent to good then fuck I'll take it.

This works perfectly if anyone else wants to try it

How do you like it?

How bad is RE5? I got a key for it in a giveaway thread a month ago but haven't played it yet.

It's alright storywise it's really dumb, and it makes zero attempts to be scary. Gameplaywise it's more or less more of RE4 except with a shitty AI companion and completely shitting the bed once those plagas dudes with guns show up.

The first few levels and a tribal village area are probably the best levels in the game.

I only installed and tried to see if it works so I haven't played much, but it definitely looks different to anything else I played before. Planning to dig into it tonight

There's some of that, with luring enemies to traps, or burning enemies near a corpse to kill them and save on ammo, and stealth isnt needed later on.

I'm biased because I played it with couch co-op and thought it was fun, but its more of an action shooter and some parts feel like a retread of RE4. Plus no Merchant is a huge strike against the game.

Why is Corpse Party really strict with its Wrong Ends? It seems as though you miss one tiny thing and it screws over everything. I wonder if Clock Tower is the same when it comes to its endings.

It's not that bad. Just make sure you use all your save slots and it can't go that bad. You're given 5 slots per (main) chapter for a reason.

Well, Halloween sale's almost over. I didn't get any spooks from it because I got the FEAR collection elsewhere, but a sale's still a sale, and I should take advantage of it somehow.
Should I get
?

youtube.com/watch?v=rba_9cbTfIQ

Shit. Is there anything good on sale there?

The good things I see in the sale are
and there are a few decent things in there like RE4, Dead Space, and Zombi. Don't know if I'd recommend any of the ones on your list.

Got it for free actually
Already have it
I don't really make an habit on buying story driven games, at least that's what pathologic seems to be. I'll give it a pirate later
Looks indie as shit, is it good at all? Reminds me of Broken Age and the Cat Lady
I always wondered if it was good or not, been getting mixed opinions and haven't bothered pirating it

Condemned and System Shock I have. I've got Fran Bow through GOG, it's a decent point and click with some nice backgrounds but not a lot of real spooks.
I don't know about Pathologic, seems a little too hardcore in its survival elements for my blood.

Those are fighting words son, it's nothing like Broken Promises and The Edgy Lady. It's a horror storybook point and click, pretty decent.

I really enjoyed Ash vs. Evil Dead S1, aside from them trying to pair up Ash with a nigger. Fuck that shit.

Finished RE:Rev2. I enjoyed the entirety of Barry's half of the campaign, but Claire's was fucking terrible and I just wanted it to end whenever I was stuck playing her. Her weapon selection is shit, Moira drove me up a fucking wall the entire time and was beyond useless, and her shining moments of usefulness were me throwing her at the explosive monsters and manually "defusing" them with her smug fucking cunt face.

Even with all three ranks in the flashlight upgrade it takes way too long to stun enemies, so it's not even worth it outside the metalheads, and her ability to 'finish' enemies with her weak-ass crowbar is such a pain in the ass and does dick-all damage. As soon as you get the follow-through upgrade which lets Claire and Barry do the same thing (except with WAY more damage) I stopped switching to Moira outside of blinding metalheads and scouring for items. On the topic of items, whoever created the "hidden item" system needs to be taken out back and raped to death. Seriously, fuck that guy.

Also what mouth breathing retard thought it was good idea to put the motherfucking glasps in Claire's campaign, and then have no way of revealing them beyond the EXTREMELY LIMITED smokescreen bottles? Know what the most efficient method is? Run fucking SJWcunt into them and when they down her, shoot above her body and you'll probably kill it.

Barry's campaign = 8/10 pretty good.
Claire's campaign = 2/10 worse than fucking RE6.

I honestly can't see myself playing through the campaign again, and that would be a first for me. At least Raid mode is fun.

Have you played the Penumbra trilogy? The third one might as well not even exist, but the first two are good.

Speaking or fixing textures in Resident Evil
re4hd.com/

for what purpose, today I saw a GAP ad with a white woman and a ugly nig male
as if blacks shop at the Gap

I liked the prologue then decided not to bother after the hide in closets section without weapons. I hadn't finished fear yet, so I decided to do that, might come back to underhell.

Resident Evil 4?

Not everything has to be shown to be scary god damn it.

Aye. The 3ds version is also very good in this regard, although binaural sound doesn't have that big of an effect once you know it's there.

You know, I remember another user saying that Natalia is infinitely more useful than Moira and I didn't really believe him. Well I was going through episode 1 again because it had been ages since I played it. I wasn't paying attention at one part and got gripped by a zombie whilst playing as Barry, next thing a fucking brick smashes into the zombies face downing it and freeing me.
I thought it was a one off so I decided to test it a second time and she did it again. Natalia confirmed best daughteru and zombie ass kicking partner

She really is. With her you've got this awesome team synergy going on and it just works perfectly. From seeing enemies patrol patterns so Barry can splinter cell them, to highlighting weakpoints on revenants and trivializing glasps, or even just hucking bricks when shit goes down or you get grabbed. She's also got a great personality.

I wish they would have just stretched that into the entire game. Moira should never have been playable.

Moira shouldn't even have been there. It should've been Claire+Barry, all day.

That is pretty sad when the psp has better audio quality than the 3ds version. Without that crisp sound Corpse party lost a lot of it's punch.

Those look really nice

I wish the HD texture mode didn't crash my goddamn game every hour.

Hey anons, I was wondering recently what makes a game (or a film or a book or…) scary, and started thinking of non-spook games that had scary moments. Heck, even as a kid, as I still remember Banjo-Kazooie's scare level as being something that really made me worried of playing more of it.

So, question : which non-scary games managed to scare you, how, and, if possible, why ?

I don't have a PSP. I emulated it and just wanted to replay on the go.

Sonic 06, because it was god awful shit.

didn't i fucking block you?

I don't think you can block people from one thread to another unless they're using a tripcode

It also helps that she's fucking adorable.

I guess the first thing that comes to mind is sonic 1 being underwater for too long and that music when you're about to drown, that's kinda scary but that's more just an anxiety thing than fear

Well, you get shit like Wario World on Gamecube, that boss fight with the doll is damn creepy due to how uncanny it is.

Yeah, in a way that sometimes participates to the fear. Countdowns always have that kind of effect.

Never played wario world, do you have a video or something ?
Wario land games did have some creepy shit from time to time though. Some of the bosses were really offputting.

Downloaded Nightmare House, beat it in about 10 minutes, was a nice amateur mod.

Downloaded Nightmare House 2, expected to beat it in 10 minutes since it appeared to be just a higher quality remake of Nightmare House, and then I woke up in the hospital and it just got better and better from there. It really is like FEAR, with many of the jumpscare sections lifted 1:1 to the point that you can predict most of them as you walk through the levels.

The final "boss fight" kind of sucked, but the rest of the game was great. Are there any other good horror HL mods besides afraid of monsters, cry of fear, grey, and nightmare house?

I know, right? Nightmare House 2 is fucking good, very underrated. It's simple, but what it does, it does well.

Can't let the thread die yet

It's almost at bump limit, you can always bake a new one

This Saturday. Let's not break tradition here.