S4 League Private server (not shit edition)

Hey Holla Forums I know there's been plenty of fucked S4 private servers the last few years. I've been working on a passion project here, and with the release of the 2.0 patch, I'd like you invite you all to come join. The idea of the server is to be gameplay wise as close to the beta as possible, no pay2win, no weapon stats. So, who wants to go supersonic?

Our website is here: bunkers4league.000webhostapp.com/

READ THE CONNECTING PAGE FIRST
***And allow the game through your firewall on public and private connections!

The FAQ should have any answers to any questions.

And lastly, simply sign in with what you want your username and password to be, to sign up.

Other urls found in this thread:

bunkers4league.000webhostapp.com/
discord.gg/UTfpcJT
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
mediafire.com/file/8zk9av5t89hszyy/S4 league bunker v.2.0.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Slow night tonight. There'll be some action tomorrow too, so it's no hurry.

Well that's it for tonight, we're gonna host some more matches again tomorrow, but the server is always on. Join and play at your own leisure.

I hope the test went well at least.

S4 of my dreams. Have some questions though:
-Is enchanting shit still a thing?
-Is Breaker still a broken piece of turd?
-Does Assault Rifle and Turret have limited ammo?
-Are there Unique skills with extra stat bullcrap?
-Are there old eSper Chips?
-Is it possible to have Force Pack skins?

siege exp kasan?

Oh shit, is this really happening?

it's been happening, took awhile for me to make the thread, but we ended up closing shop earlier since we waited a few hours with no response across 3 threads. We're gonna all hop on again tomorrow for some more games. Around the mid to late afternoon.

It's a modified season 1 with new maps and costumes and other features, but not new weapons. But to summarize it…
-No enchanting
-breaker isn't even in the game
-nor is assault rifle or turret
-Skills are basically same as beta, nothing unique, the standard stuff, NO SP+HP combo skill
-No chips at all
-They're already in the game but they don't act like they did in the older beta client, and have issues with animations now we're still sorting out. So no, FOR NOW. Weapon wise, aside from what special skins already in the game.

Does Rail still have that delay when you let go of M1?

Is Gauss still a lag generator?

Is that wtfblub's Netsphere Pirates (beta, season 2) or that other private server thing with modern S4? I've been yearning to get back into S4, but both official and PlayS4L (RIP) were dominated by the SWORD ONLY STATION 2 crowd, which killed my drive. There's no better feeling than blasting swordfags with the revolver.

Yes, our server is an attempt to improve blub's Dark Lightning P26 server, since he's updating at a low pace, we are trying to put things together.

Also i've been investigating the model format of this game for a long time and we can import-ish now our own custom maps, to add a bit of more variety.

-Seyren

-Enchant does not exist in this patch.

-Breaker is still a broken piece of fucking shit, but we removed it from the shop for now until we think what we can do with that bullshit.

-Assault rifle and Turret do not exist in this patch, so we can't put them in since they are hardcoded in the game.

-There are no "unique skills" in the server, you can only get them in the shop.

-I don't remember that one, i don't remember being esper chips now, but maybe i'm wrong, so don't quote me on this one.

-We already have some force pack skins in the shop, but some of them are giving problems when importing them in, so, kind of yeah, we'll fix them eventually i guess.

Hold up, you're using Hamachi to run it? Welp. You should think about getting a temporary CockBox or something.

Nice. I made a thread about the archiezone server a while ago, but it seems like the site isn't online anymore. S4 was such a neat game and it deserves to be preserved like this. I wonder if it's possible to upgrade the engine and the graphics.

wasn't it like 90% by the end of 2012

*90% hackers

We can improve the graphics, but not the engine sadly.

Alright, alright. Since it's obvious you're from reddit, I Want to remind you that this is Holla Forums. I approve of what you're doing as the beta S4 League was fucking fast as hell and was a fucking blast when I First played it and i'd like to see this to come to some sort of completion down the road.

You

Need

To

Stop

Typing

This.

It is absolutely infuriating and unnecessary due to how the typing and word wrap works here and it makes reading posts like this a giant eyesore or as if you're a child that can't read actual paragraphs. IF you aren't from reddit, I apologize, but you certainly type like one. I am curious as how you guys are actually able to do private server stuff with S4 though. I know you guys are ripping from another private server, but did they actually get the server files from whomever made the game again or did they create an emulator to get the parts up and running? You mentioned making custom maps, what kind of editor/map maker is there to make those maps? How's the ping? Many questions, many hopes and fears here, but i'll be lurking and watching and hopefully will be on to give this shit a shot. Also, if you're gonna put a signature on your posts, atleast be the faggot that you are destined to become and use a tripcode so we actually know its you from thread to thread. If you don't know how to do a tripcode, look at the sites FAQ.

As a regular S4 player, i approve of this server. As a wise man once said:
SO LONG GAY BOWSER!

Never played S4 league but always wanted to despite hearing it went the way of Tribes Ascend.

When's this server gonna be up next?

I regulary visit redit, but i don't really write there. The reason i was typing "like that", is because i was answering the questions one by one, hence why i was writing a - in each paragraph. I don't really press enter that much, but i do in those cases.

This is an emulator from a guy called wtfblub, who is a hacker from epvp, his server is actually open source, but we're trying to fix it a bit to make it more playable. It's a matter of time the things get better. There are a few errors here and there, such as not being able to switch maps in the same room after a game, which kind of sucks, but aside that, there isn't really major fuckups for now. But to answer the question, no, the server is self-made and not straight up ripped from the developers, unlike PlayS4L.

About maps, i've been researching the model format for a few years, and i've been able to import custom content to a limited extent (Static meshes, which means that for now we can't put custom clothes, but i'll eventually crack it up when the static part is polished). The importer/exporter is done via scripting and i'm currently experimenting in different editors to see which one fits best since they all fuck me up in some way, but i mostly use 3DS Max.

Lurk more, faggot.

yes and yes

It's always up. Just a little later today is when we're gonna be playing on it again.

COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON

so what was the issue, someone's firewall broken?

If people don't let the game through their firewall the game does all kinds of wonky things. This was a thing even back in the official open beta. Shanz is switching the server over back to the old one since he believes it might be more stable. Personally I think so long as everyone does everything on their end it shouldn't matter.

One job, user.

we dead?

Nope, just rebooted. tell someone in lobby to @ me in the discord if it happens again. A tell tale sign someone is stuck in the server causing shit to fuck is when people can't see one another in rooms. Try to keep the number of people in each room around 6 or so if it continues being a problem.

Alright we got plenty on right now, the battles are raging. Go ahead and join. Don't forget to download hamachi through our site and let the game through your firewall!

[S4 showing intensifies]

I can't wait until I get a better ISP deal.

g fucking g, although I can reboot it (and did) within seconds.

Lobby fights just got ten times more intense.

Wrong pic

I would also recommend joining the discord, it's a very non-intrusive chat service you can run in browser if need be, no install. Without it, you aren't gonna be able to see who's online or easily get players in to play matches.

Good matches all around anons, today was neat.
Join the discord if you want to play further and keep up with updates, new maps, features, etc. It's the only way you're gonna be able to see who's online and who's available to play. While there's still some bugs it's very playable, the the server isn't being tested or something, but is rather open and ready to play. So go nuts, whenever. And drop by the discord: discord.gg/UTfpcJT

I agree with this sentiment.
And no, we don't have any of that here. Most of us play any mode.

SHOW ME YOUR ASS4!

We're on right now and playing some good old OldMoon Deathmatch. There are two easter eggs hidden in this map, one involves fumbis and the other is a teaser (at the time). Can you find them both?

I just finished uploading the game's soundtrack to the volafile for great S4 showing.
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

Nice work.

Noice

fuck off shan

bumping because i'll be playing this eventually.

This has gone along quite smoothly so far. Each day there's several great matches. Hopefully we see more of you guys soon! And don't forget to drop by the discord if you wanna play more matches. Most of the players reside there.

ber
ser
ker

Any chance to get the client outside of mega(somewhere they don't want an account for a big enough download limit)?

Yeah we got a mirror: mediafire.com/file/8zk9av5t89hszyy/S4 league bunker v.2.0.zip

Aside from the AR and Turret, what other weapons are out?
Any custom balance adjustments?

Yeah but very minor stuff. Like a minor shotgun buff and weapons like minegun & airgun getting a few more ammo.
Weapons in the game are:
-minegun
-vitalshock
-smg's
-heavy machinegun
-semi-rifle
-rail gun
-cannonade
-gauss rifle
-counter sword
-plasma sword
-twin blades
-storm bat
-airgun
-revolver
-handgun
-shotgun
-sentry
-nell
-mind energy
-mind shock
-smash rifle

I believe that's everything.

My hopes and dreams are being tested, but I can wait
I wanna play with you chuckle fucks

Join our discord: discord.gg/UTfpcJT Everything on the site is addressed in our chat too. Just that it's prettier and more retard proofed on the website. You can find downloads to hamachi and the game client + instructions in the discord just as easily as the site.

Cool, I'll do my best to not be retarded then
Thank you kindly user

(check'd)
I'll miss my katana and dual magnums.

Anything for handgun in those minor changes or does it behave like it did before the nerf, and still fires watermelons?

Shit, I remember trying play this a long time ago and it was too demanding for the old toaster.
I'll try playing it with you guys once it's possible.

Convenient for you, we're adding a new custom katana eventually in one of the future updates. Using the old unreleased unfinished monk's katana as a base, but with new abilities and attacks. Handgun is still shit other than moving faster with.

Oh shit.
This was fun as hell when the primary game mode was only that strange football/CTF thing. Those were the old, old, old days before AP was even a thing and this was essentially a pitched idea that gained popularity. Where everybody had a fucking wall skill and touchdowns were like climbing a goddamn jungle gym of hell and newbie hand weapons.

Then…Nexon got their hands on it and it turned into P2W garbage where you honestly were just fodder if you didn't drop at least $40 a week on it.

Is this what I've been waiting for all these years?

Also, I hate to be one of those faggots but how do you fund this shit? The folk that own this once-fun game probably charge an arm and a leg because they're assholes.

Maybe? Also it wasn't nexon. It was other similarly shitty German companies.

Because it's mostly p2p and only here and there uses the server for gameplay it doesn't need funding. I'm running it myself. However if the bug that's forcing us to use hamachi to host in virtual-LAN ever gets fixed, I will eventually find us hosting. And no, we won't ask for donations, it will be free.

So are people actually playing at the moment? Because the room browser seems to be empty.

The discord is pretty much the only way to see who's on and who's up to play. We had several matches earlier tonight, in fact people have been playing throughout the day every day for some time now, but right now most are off. If you join the chat and request a match though, a few absolute madmen might be down to play.

Whoops, looks like I'm retarded and can't follow basic instructions!

Forgot to set the firewall exception up correctly, no wonder it wasn't working.

It also needs hamachi, which needs to be working, and on to play. As well as you need to be in (just one) of the rooms listed in the discord chat/on the site. I mention it because the firewall only gives you issues seeing players or fuck ups in gameplay. Has no effect on connecting. That is, assuming you had connections issues.

only Battle Royal, Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch work

Not team deathmatch, touchdown, team deathmatch -is- deathmatch

Man can't you guys host a Mumble server? Discord's TOS says it records your conversations and sells them to third parties, plus they can ban you for whatever they want.

TTTank here. Due to personal stuff i won't be able to play until friday, thought i should let you know. Bumping with Afro Samurai's theme. Keep showing your long, hard and thick S4!

We use it for the IRC like functions, not so much as a voice chat. It's basically the replacement forum due to how it works. Unfortunately we got too many people here now for me to make a big move to elsewhere too.

Not at all an elaborate bump. Things have been slow today, some work on much further down the line 3.0 updates have begun. Anyone else down to hop aboard?