To ex-Nintendo fans, why did you become a former Nintendo fan?

How have you adjusted to the post-Nintendo transition?

They had games.
I play other games.

This is one of the worst threads I've ever seen.

Welcome to Holla Forums, newcomer.

When all the bigwigs started preaching accessibility aka making their games easy as fuck. It was near the end of the GameCube.

I've spent the past decade laughing at their awful decisions.

Such as

DEDICATED GAMING TABLET

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They still make good games and since I'm not a fucking poorfag who can only play their games through emulators or piracy I still buy their stuff.

i disliked the wii but gave the wii u a chance.
i regret it.
i went back to playing pc games again like i did after the gamecube

Nintendo has caught CapKonamitis.

No, poorfag you are new. There gamefaq for you.

eh. Nintendo died with Iwata, or so they say. We'll see how true that is in the coming years, however they've already begun the transformation and it isn't looking good. They were always interested in maintaining a squeaky clean, family friendly visage, and to some extent it was to their strength, but since they've begun catering to normalfags things have more or less gone downhill. Miyamoto is practically on his death bed, and with him out the door, who will be left to ensure that some degree of quality remains?

Then again, people have been shouting NINTENDOOMED for years now, and so far it hasn't happened. Maybe Ninty will finally lose their lucky streak?

Once they started falling behind in up-to-date technology they turned to gimmicks. But I just wanted to play games on a normal controller.

Nintendo is also stubborn as hell. They have issues with 3rd party compatibility, limiting their library.

Basically, they are now a Mario/Zelda machine and nothing more. That is not enough from my money, and the last console I bought was the N64.

Once they started falling behind in up-to-date technology they turned to gimmicks. But I just wanted to play games on a normal controller.

Nintendo is also stubborn as hell. They have issues with 3rd party compatibility, limiting their library.

Basically, they are now a Mario/Zelda machine and nothing more. That is not enough from my money, and the last console I bought was the N64.

Loved them as a kid, and still respect the old games I fell in love with. But I stopped caring around the release of the 3DS with it having no games in early 2012 and being shat on with the release of the XL when I had the early shitty model, and how badly they handled the Wii U was infuriating to say the least.

I've been seeing a lot more double posts recently I wonder if the site had been picking up more users or something. Or if their work on the site is having some adverse effects.

My Wii U is a Bayonetta machine. I had other titles for it, but nothing I'd revisit. Even the 3DS has lost steam for me.

The butchered titles, the lack of an interesting library, and having less free time + money meaning less impulse buys.

Not sold on Switch. They'd need 4 more title's I'd play to sell me on it- and even then, will there be a "premium" version down the line?

I was big into the PS3- and I'm not touching PS4 (even if it had a decent library- fuck paying for online twice).

Trying to get into PC gaming, I just don't have the floor space in my room.

This thread is a fucking newfag detector, OP's trip has been used for trolling since at least 2015.

I bought a Nintendo 64 on day one. The only game I ever owned was Mario 64, because the carts were $75, though I rented a bunch. Hard to justify games that cost half as much as the console, especially when Sony was selling games for $40 plus a good number of $20 greatest hits.

We have one bad console and suddenly everyone is jumping ship. At least it has more games than PS4 or Xbone. While you're sitting there replaying Bloodborne for the 1000th time, I'll be enjoying Splatoon, the new Zelda, and a ton of good Mario games.

the wii happened.

now i mostly play emulators and arcade games. i'd like to buy a gamecube or wii u at some point just to use it as an fzero box

Did you try out wonderful 101 I really loved that game. Moreso than Bayo2 even which I found even a little bit disappointing compared to Bayo1.

I became a Nintendo fan around the end of the Wii's lifespan, when the WiiU was about to come out. I always craved having a Nintendo console, and played pretty much every SNES game at that point but I didn't consider myself a fan until I had a console, so I went and bought a Wii, hacked it and put N64 and Gamecube games on it and I loved it. I also enjoyed Galaxy 1 and 2, DKC Returns. I was a major Nintendo fanboy at that point.
The Wii was subpar, but I was blinded by the amount of previous N64 and Gamecube games I had on my backlog, and admittedly the Wii was a good platform to play those games.
Eventually the WiiU came out and I was stoked, I couldn't wait.
Then they didn't bother to market important third party games like Wonderful 101 so it sold like absolute SHIT. That really pissed me off, but I was still okay with Nintendo.
Then 3D world came out and it was mediocre. Nothing like Galaxy or Sunshine.
Then the constant pushing of the "New" Mario games. Pikmin 3 again, selling like shit because they didn't bother to market to the right audience. Bayonetta 2 selling like shit. Then the Fire Emblem/SMT bullshit "crossover".
At this point I didn't care anymore. It was obvious they didn't know what the fuck they were doing, so I moved to PC exclusively.

The Switch isn't impressing me either by the way. They are promising third party involvement but they did the same promises back in the early WiiU days.

Gave up after the Gamecube (which I really enjoyed alongside the N64). Wii just wasn't my thing though. Skipped the Wii U as well. NX is looking to be more of the same (as the Wii U). So I doubt I will be a returning fan anytime soon.

That said, I'm open to coming back though eventually if they change things up enough for me to be interested again.

consoles are cancer

Own the Snes and a wii, emulated the rest
Nintendo lost its charm ironically for not being innovative

Mario and its spinoffs are the same since the 64
The same goes with zelda
Metroid went in a bad road
Smash is a fighting game so it doesn't need much changes but it will be affected eventually

The only new thing that made a hit was splatoon, and it was an accident

They only focus in changing controls, and since is a platform "for kids" they wont do anything else either

but muh wind walker never got a chance, get your green dude, help the princess fight ganon.. so much changes*

Also for some reason their games are the most expensive and they never lower their prices for some reason
How do they want to do business?

I abandoned consoles when they all started having microphones and cameras permanently connected to the internet. People worry about smartphones spying on them, but nobody cares about game consoles for some reason.

way to show you fags are newfags

There are many circlejerk threads since a long time ago

The comments here at least can be seen as new content

because the gamecube was fucking trash.

Get ready for one shitty blog post, anons.

I was pulled into the fanboy trap during the 16bit console wars. The whole "Sega does what Nintendon't" shit parroted by kids in my class drove me up the wall as I felt Nintendo had the better games.

Of course with the SNES I touted about it's better graphics and better sound quality over the Genesis. All that console war shit kept me a loyal fanboy until the late days of the 64.

as the 64 started getting less games, and with Final Fantasy jumping ship to the PS1 I at that point jumped as well.

holy fuck it was a shitty blog post

NoJ, slowly slipping into irrelevance and ceding power to NoA

NoA, gladly taking about much power and control as they can, because these faggots seemingly want power more than they want success

I stopped being a fan of gaming in general. Everything got progressively worse, including Nintendo, but even after all those shitty decisions they are one of the lesser evils.

I Was a nintendo fan because I dind't have anything else and people I knew that didn't play nintendo were spics and niggers

I played other games when I played Morrowind and New Vegas.

Huh, well now I know. Will have to lurk more I guess.

No, they died with the Gamecube/GBA. Everything after is just casual-pandering, gimmick-forcing, Apple-resembling trash.

iwata died

and Wonderful101 and Mario Maker… but yeah, it's a Bayonetta machine.

Do not do this it is retarded
Becoming a fan of a series, or god forbid, a company, just blinds you to anything they might do poorly. Stay critical of everything, enjoy what is good, do not enjoy what isn't.
Don't become emotionally attached to corporate entities.

NoA was determined to fuck me up the ass. I was already pretty far along with my study of Nipponese.

Had a postal tube left over from telling my senators and congressman to vote no on whatever TPP was called then so I made it clear to them (included a picture of my Club Nintendo rewards to confirm I was a high volume customer) what they did to lose me as a customer.

I got sick and tired of their stupid gimmicks, their underpowered hardware and their lack of any games or 3rd party support so I traded it all in for an Xbox One and things have never been better for me.

I still kinda miss not being able to play the new Mario or Zelda but when I really look at the new stuff I can see that it's no where near as great as previous iterations. The new stuff just seems like they're going through the motions. They've hit a creative slump and ran out of ideas.

I doubt they'll ever make anymore Metroid or Star Fox games. They pretty much killed those franchise themselves.

I have no hope for the Switch. I'm not gonna buy it and I doubt that it will be any different than the Wii U. If it fails, there days as a console maker are done. Maybe then I'll be able to play the new Zelda on Xbox Scorpio.

They used to have fun, high quality video games. Now I just use my PC for video games.

Nothing of value was lost other than Metroid and the Zelda series.

I'm not exactly an ex-Nintendo fan, as I still like a few of their games when they do come out, but holy fuck the number of bad decisions that they have made over the years have driven me to the point that I can't call myself a fan the way I did in the 90s. Even if you put up with the shit with casuals and the wii, the fact they abandoned the Wii at the end of its lifespan, completely half-assed the Wii U, and have fucked up the Switch every step of the way. They are obviously on their last legs as a platform holder, as they can't compete with MS or Sony or Apple or anybody and they can't disrupt or try to operate outside of the traditional system because they are too damn retarded to pull it off. The dumbfuckery with NoA fucking up games is regrettable, but not necessarily a dealbreaker. I really wish Nintendo were succeeding in their corner of the market, as I have liked what they have done in the past, even in some of the bad times, but since they're doomed… fuck em.
And I've adjusted to my post-Nintendo transition by becoming a huge fucking asshole.

What the fuck was the fingering thing?

the cancer is you

Metroid is my favorite franchise in the entire industry, i don't think i need to say more.

I have a serious question user, Why gay sex?

sorry user, your implications are lost on me, i don't have the foggiest idea what are you talking about.

You know, gay sex?

Gay sex?

Expect a lot more of this shit should the stuff about the chinck shuting cuckchan down for good be true.

Can you not understand my text? I'm writing it on my keyboard. Gay sex, user, gay sex. So can you tell me why, gay sex?

Reported.

So many Newfags here.

I never gave a shit about the company, just their games.

But if you decide to fuck with my games through DMCA, shit localization, neglect on fan favorites and censorship.

Your company needs to burn

Still like plenty of games though, im just going to have to pirate them all after i get the money to afford a n3ds Used and an SD card.

I was going to reply to this thread with earnest, but then I noticed that it was created by a tripfag and I don't want to waste my high quality opinions on such a low caliber thread.